Welcome Anonymous, It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:16 pm                    >>Main Site<<

Golden Ratio and Mecca

Prove Islam is from God, why it is the 'One True Religion'.

Golden Ratio and Mecca

Postby BurgeoningKnowledge » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:58 am

What do you make of this? can someone actually do the calculations and verify? Ahh... feels good to have an army of dissenters do the work for you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coG1JV-_FYM
BurgeoningKnowledge

Re: Golden Ratio and Mecca

Postby nastik » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:27 am

BurgeoningKnowledge wrote:What do you make of this? can someone actually do the calculations and verify? Ahh... feels good to have an army of dissenters do the work for you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coG1JV-_FYM

Just flip the map horizontally and you will have the same results for some other place on earth. Its rubbish.
nastik

Postby expozIslam » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:29 am

see the whole non-science debunked here
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3103
“The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.”
expozIslam

Postby BurgeoningKnowledge » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:59 pm

it didn't seem that it was CLEARLY debunked... i guess i'll have to watch the video more close and follow their arguments to decide shrug
BurgeoningKnowledge

Postby expozIslam » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:28 pm

BurgeoningKnowledge wrote:it didn't seem that it was CLEARLY debunked... i guess i'll have to watch the video more close and follow their arguments to decide shrug

a)Just understand what latitude and longitude mean andhow the values will change when the reference point is changed and how that will impact the mean for kaaba.
b) Here is one more dishonesty
47/1.618 = 29.04 but he just drops the .04. isn't that dishonesty? if Nasa does a similar calculation error, none of the spaceships will be able to return back to earth.
“The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.”
expozIslam

Postby John Monash » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:04 am

BurgeoningKnowledge wrote:it didn't seem that it was CLEARLY debunked... i guess i'll have to watch the video more close and follow their arguments to decide shrug

BurgeoningKnowledge, the clip is a load of nonsense.
For years I have been interested in the golden ratio and nothing presented in the video by the ignorant Muslims is even vaguely relevant to the golden ratio.
To start with, the golden ratio is not a number as stated, nor is it a golden mean (also as falsely stated). Furthermore, it is not even remotely connected to the stated number 1618 (one thousand, six hundred and eighteen) at the opening of the clip.
The golden ratio is precisely that, a ratio which approximates (though tecnically it cannot be written in decimal form) to an endless number that can be rounded to 0.618034, which is nothing like the absurd video claim of one thousand, six hundred and eighteen. The error is a monumental 261,812 per cent. Now, that's what I call a whopping error.

According to tradition the golden ratio was discovered by the ancient Greeks and has several unique characteristics.
For exanple, it is the only known number in the universe and beyond, where the reciprocal is greater than itself by exactly "one". In plain English the reciprocal of 0.618034 = 1.618034 (or 1 + 0.618034).
So, what has this got to do with Mecca, absolutley nothing.
To do justice to the golden ratio will require volumes. Suffice to say, the ratio is pleasing to the human eye, and is approximated profusely . e.g. the ratio of the width to height of your flat screen monitor is apprimately the golden ratio. Likewise, the width to height of a book, or a packet of cigarettes, or a window frame, or the width to lenght of a medium family car. The examples are endless.
Next time you think about the golden ratio, it may help you to consider this: If the ratio of two dimension are approximately 62%, then you are aproximating to the golden ratio, which can be described thus:

A.......B............C

If the ratio of the length AB to BC is the same as the ratio of the length BC to AC, bingo, you've got the golden ratio. Which is exactly [(square root of 5) - 1] divided by 2, which is approximately 0.618034
Again what has this got to do with Mecca, which is a cuboid, and not even constructed to the golden ratio.

I hope this helps
Cheers
JM
John Monash

Return to Islam: Questioned, Defended, & Explained