Allah= Al+ilah ?

Prove Islam is from God, why it is the 'One True Religion'.
manfred

Re: Allah= Al+ilah ?

Post by manfred »

What religion did Abraham, Isaac and Ishmael follow, according to you?

What was Ishmael's prophetic message? Who did he give this message to?
Last edited by manfred on Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"
The Cat

Post by The Cat »

GrupoCupda wrote:
cat said : Ishmael is mentioned as a messenger because the Arab people were still to be taught of the Scriptures. Jews were already so given.
There were no Jews and no Judaism during time of Issac and Jacob . Jews are going to exist as race after Jacob and Judaism during Moses time . You do not even know basic thing
Jews were given their prophet: Abraham, then to his only rightful son Isaac. Ishmael to be the messenger for its own twelve tribes.
That there was no Scripture then is plainly wrong from the Bible itself: It was given to Noah known as the Noachide commandments.

Read Genesis chapter nine...
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... ersion=KJV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Laws_of_Noah" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Authority has the same etymological root as authenticity.
GrupoCupda

Post by GrupoCupda »

The Cat wrote:
GrupoCupda wrote:
cat said : Ishmael is mentioned as a messenger because the Arab people were still to be taught of the Scriptures. Jews were already so given.
There were no Jews and no Judaism during time of Issac and Jacob . Jews are going to exist as race after Jacob and Judaism during Moses time . You do not even know basic thing
Jews were given their prophets: Abraham, and then his sons Isaac and Jacob. Ishmael to be the prophet for its own twelve tribes.
That there was no Scripture then is plainly wrong from the Bible itself: It was given to Noah known as the Noachide commandments.

Read Genesis chapter nine...
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... ersion=KJV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Laws_of_Noah" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Abrahan was not prophet of Jews Jews did not exist as race until Juda get your fact . As for Noah he was not sent to Jews . This is what expert says about Judaism

Judaism (from the Latin Iudaismus, derived from the Greek Ioudaïsmos, and ultimately from the Hebrew יהודה, Yehudah, "Judah";[1][2] in Hebrew: יַהֲדוּת, Yahadut) is a set of beliefs and practices originating in the Hebrew Bible, also known as the Tanakh, and explored and explained in later texts such as the Talmud. Jews consider Judaism to be the expression of the covenantal relationship God developed with the Children of Israel—originally a group of around a dozen tribes claiming descent from the Biblical patriarch Jacob and later the Jewish people.[3] According to most branches, God revealed his laws and commandments to Moses on Mount Sinai in the form of both the Written and Oral Torah.[4] However, Karaite Judaism maintains that only the Written Torah was revealed,[5] and liberal movements such as Humanistic Judaism may be nontheistic.[6]

Judaism claims a historical continuity spanning well over 3000 years. It is one of the oldest monotheistic religions,[7]
we know know that Abraham is 4000 yers ago
manfred

Post by manfred »

Dear GrupoCupda,

Judaeism as a defined, established religion in the full sense of the word can be dated back to about 1400 before Christ, when the earliest bibical texts were written. So the fully developed Judaeism is indeed about 3000 years old.

However, it would be wrong to say that Judaeism started then. It did not begin out of nothing, from one day to the next. Judaeism itself tells us its story of its beginning. And it began with Abraham.

Judaeism traces its own beliefs back to the beliefs of Abraham, and it had a long history of growing and refining itself, and all the texts in the Old Testament took over 1000 years to write.

To say that Judaeism started with Judah, because of the name, is misleading. Judah did not "found" Judaeism.
Marie

Post by Marie »

AhmedBahgat wrote:Time to slam pussy cat again:
The Cat wrote:The heart of the matter from 29.27 is that Allah is NOT bestowing prophethood to Ishmael at all. He's unnamed but Isaac and Jacob.
I didn't investigated the matter so far but it seems that Ishmael is hardly mentioned in the Koran,

Blah blah

Read this, you ignorant and confused bum:

وَاذْكُرْ فِي الْكِتَابِ إِسْمَاعِيلَ ۚ إِنَّهُ كَانَ صَادِقَ الْوَعْدِ وَكَانَ رَسُولًا نَبِيًّا (54)
And remember in the book Ismail; indeed, he was truthful in (his) promise, and he was a messenger, a prophet.
[Al Quran ; 19:54]

-> See you stupid, Ismael is mentioned as being A MESSENGER AND A NABI: وَكَانَ رَسُولًا نَبِيًّا, i.e. and he was a messenger, a prophet.

UNLIKE Ishaq and Yaqoub, they were only mentioned as NABI, and not messengers:

فَلَمَّا اعْتَزَلَهُمْ وَمَا يَعْبُدُونَ مِنْ دُونِ اللَّهِ وَهَبْنَا لَهُ إِسْحَاقَ وَيَعْقُوبَ ۖ وَكُلًّا جَعَلْنَا نَبِيًّا (49)
So when he withdrew from them and from what they worship other than Allah, We gave him Ishaq and Yaqoub, and each of them We made a prophet.
[Al Quran ; 19:49]

-> See dumby, what the verse says about both Ishaq and Yaqoub: وَكُلًّا جَعَلْنَا نَبِيًّا, i.e. and each of them We made a prophet.

I.e. from the perspective of Allah, Ismael has more of a mission as messenger and a prophet of Allah than both Ishaq and Yaqoub who were not messengers but were only prophets.

You have been slam dunked again, pussy cat:

Image # 76
Ismail is not a prophet in the Jewish Torah and the Jews do not consider Ismail as God's prophet.
yeezevee

Post by yeezevee »

With few words, Well dear Marie you indeed rubbed ROBOT face in cow dung

I didn't know that Robot did not know Jews do not consider Ismail as God's prophet.
on that note let me put the names of Prophets in Judaism and write a bit about them so ROBOT will learn something
Male Prophets:

Abraham
Isaac
Jacob
Moses
Aaron
Joshua
Pinchas
Elkanah
Eli
Samuel:
Gad
Nathan
King David
Solomon
Iddo
Michaiah son of Imlah
Obadiah
Ahiyah the Shilonite
Jehu son of Hanani
Azariah son of Oded
Jahaziel the Levite
Eliezer son of Dodavahu
Hosea
Amos
Micah the Morashtite
Amoz
Elijah
Elisha
Jonah ben Amittai
Isaiah
Joel
Nahum
Habakkuk
Zephaniah
Uriah
Jeremiah
Ezekiel
Shemaiah
Barukh
Neriah
Seraiah
Mehseiah
Haggai
Zechariah
Malachi
Mordecai Bilshan
Oded
Hanani

Female Prophets:

Sarah
Miriam
Deborah
Hannah
Abigail
Huldah
Esther
well there are lots of them we will do it in time..

yeezevee
Last edited by yeezevee on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
AhmedBahgat

Post by AhmedBahgat »

Marie wrote:
AhmedBahgat wrote:Time to slam pussy cat again:
The Cat wrote:The heart of the matter from 29.27 is that Allah is NOT bestowing prophethood to Ishmael at all. He's unnamed but Isaac and Jacob.
I didn't investigated the matter so far but it seems that Ishmael is hardly mentioned in the Koran,

Blah blah

Read this, you ignorant and confused bum:

وَاذْكُرْ فِي الْكِتَابِ إِسْمَاعِيلَ ۚ إِنَّهُ كَانَ صَادِقَ الْوَعْدِ وَكَانَ رَسُولًا نَبِيًّا (54)
And remember in the book Ismail; indeed, he was truthful in (his) promise, and he was a messenger, a prophet.
[Al Quran ; 19:54]

-> See you stupid, Ismael is mentioned as being A MESSENGER AND A NABI: وَكَانَ رَسُولًا نَبِيًّا, i.e. and he was a messenger, a prophet.

UNLIKE Ishaq and Yaqoub, they were only mentioned as NABI, and not messengers:

فَلَمَّا اعْتَزَلَهُمْ وَمَا يَعْبُدُونَ مِنْ دُونِ اللَّهِ وَهَبْنَا لَهُ إِسْحَاقَ وَيَعْقُوبَ ۖ وَكُلًّا جَعَلْنَا نَبِيًّا (49)
So when he withdrew from them and from what they worship other than Allah, We gave him Ishaq and Yaqoub, and each of them We made a prophet.
[Al Quran ; 19:49]

-> See dumby, what the verse says about both Ishaq and Yaqoub: وَكُلًّا جَعَلْنَا نَبِيًّا, i.e. and each of them We made a prophet.

I.e. from the perspective of Allah, Ismael has more of a mission as messenger and a prophet of Allah than both Ishaq and Yaqoub who were not messengers but were only prophets.

You have been slam dunked again, pussy cat:

Image # 76
Ismail is not a prophet in the Jewish Torah and the Jews do not consider Ismail as God's prophet.
Are you drunk or something? Why not, didn't Jesus tell you that wine is good for you. Read what pussy cat spewed again you drunk:

Blah blah

So who bloody cares about your corrupt Bible? Certainly not me nor pussy cat, therefore dismiss yorself
AhmedBahgat

Post by AhmedBahgat »

yeezevee wrote:Well dear Marie you indeed put DUNG on robot face with few words .,
I didn't know that Robot did not know Jews do not consider Ismail as God's prophet.
on that note let me put the names of Prophets in Judaism and write a bit about them so ROBOT will learn something
Are you drugged or something, yekee? Read what pussy cat spewed again you drugged::

Blah blah

So who bloody cares about your corrupt Jewish doctrine? Certainly not me nor pussy cat, therefore dismiss yourself
yeezevee

Post by yeezevee »

Are you drugged or something, yekee? Read what pussy cat spewed again you drugged::
Who care about pussy cats, Robots and yekees? when you talk about Historical characters from good old religions and if your are believer, YOU BETTER LEARN FROM Scriptures .. not from pussy cats, Robots and yekees you dumbo..
So who bloody cares about your corrupt Jewish doctrine? Certainly not me nor pussy cat, therefore dismiss yourself
YOU BLOODY CARE ., Well that whole lots of those .. what you call as corrupt Jewish doctrine is put in to Allah book with all screwed up cock & bull stories and you are a bum not to realize that dukiee..

yeezevee
Marie

Post by Marie »

AhmedBahgat"

So who bloody cares about your corrupt Bible? Certainly not me nor pussy cat, therefore dismiss yorself
Who cares about the stupid ramblings of Muhammed that is the Quran.
The Cat

Post by The Cat »

GrupoCupda wrote:Abrahan was not prophet of Jews Jews did not exist as race until Juda get your fact. As for Noah he was not sent to Jews.
Noah wasn't 'sent' to anyone, there was nobody left for godsake! He, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are the embodiment of Judaism,
to which Moses came back much later. They were the 'living laws' of Israel, based on the Noachide Covenant, way before Islam.

Judah at the beginning of a 'race' is laughing stock. Please tell me with whom did they 'race' with? :ermm:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_genetics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Human to human total genetic variation is approximately 0.5%. Single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) are single base-pair DNA differences accounting for 0.1% variation. Of this 0.1% difference, 85% is found within any given population, 7% is found between populations within a continent and only 8% is found on average between the various continental populations.
Judaism per se isn't a race, no more than Islam or Christianity are races. It's a religion embraced by many different peoples,
especially since the Diaspora. One may be an ethnic Jew without embracing Judaism, another may be professing Judaism
without being an ethnic Jew. But the becoming of Juda as a state has nothing to do with both. Get your own fact straightened!
An ethnic must primarily be associated with cultures, not with race. One can be of Italian ethnicity, but not of the Italian race!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_group" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now, according to the Koran itself, the line of prophethood and of -scriptures- is going from Noah to Abraham (Q.57.26), then
from Abraham to Isaac and Jacob (Q.29.27) and bani Israel (19:58): These are they unto whom Allah showed favour from among
the prophets, of the seed of Adam and of those whom We carried (in the ship) with Noah, and of the seed of Abraham and Israel.

Bani Israel means the whole Israelite people.

Isaac is mentioned many times as a child born from divine intervention, like Adam and Jesus.
But I ask: where is it stated in the Koran that Ishmael was from the rightful seed of Abraham?

Al-Tabari, looking upon the historicity of the debate, stated: "Only the Quran could serve as proof that the account naming Isaac
is clearly the more truthful of the two.
(Annals V2: p. 82). The Book does not mention any tidings of a male child given to
Abraham except in the instance where it refers to Isaac
, in which God said, ‘And his wife, standing by laughed when we gave her
tidings of Isaac, and after Isaac, Jacob’, and ‘Then he became fearful of them’. They said. ‘Fear not!’ and gave him tidings of a
wise son. Then his wife approached, moaning, and smote her face, and cried, ‘A barren old woman’. Thus, wherever the Quran
mentions God giving tidings of the birth of a son to Abraham, it refers to Sarah (and thus to Isaac) and the same must be true of
God's words ‘So we gave him tidings of a gentle son’, as it is true of all such references in the Quran.
" (Ibid., p. 89).
--Quoting some verses from Q.37.100-113.
Last edited by The Cat on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
GrupoCupda

Post by GrupoCupda »

manfred wrote:Dear GrupoCupda,

Judaeism as a defined, established religion in the full sense of the word can be dated back to about 1400 before Christ, when the earliest bibical texts were written. So the fully developed Judaeism is indeed about 3000 years old.

However, it would be wrong to say that Judaeism started then. It did not begin out of nothing, from one day to the next. Judaeism itself tells us its story of its beginning. And it began with Abraham.

Judaeism traces its own beliefs back to the beliefs of Abraham, and it had a long history of growing and refining itself, and all the texts in the Old Testament took over 1000 years to write.

To say that Judaeism started with Judah, because of the name, is misleading. Judah did not "found" Judaeism.

you do not even know how to read English . I said Jews amd not Judaism started with Juda and Judaism has to do with Torah and Talmud and there were no Torah and Talmud before Moses get your fact .
manfred

Post by manfred »

This is what you included in your post:
Judaism claims a historical continuity spanning well over 3000 years. It is one of the oldest monotheistic religions,[7]
Here you are, telling others how stupid you are, and you cannot remember what you wrote, and you cannot spell the name right, either: Judah,not Juda, in fact Yahuda would be better.

Let me make my point simpler: Those who are today often referred to as Jews where better known as the Israelites in ancient times, and they say that Abraham is their ancestor and the man who established the beginnings of their religion.

If you want to call Abraham a prophet (which is not accurate either) then the people he had the most influence on were those who later became known as the Israelites, and later still as the Jews. The people did not change, just the terminology.
GrupoCupda

Post by GrupoCupda »

manfred said : Here you are, telling others how stupid you are, and you cannot remember what you wrote, and you cannot spell the name right, either: Judah,not Juda, in fact Yahuda would be better.
You are saying that Abraham who lived 4000 years ago founded Judaism while I showed you that Judaism is only 3000 years old so stupid there is 1000 years between Judaism and Abraham. How could Abraham have founded a religion which would exist 1000 years later . Judaism has more to do with Moses who was the author of Torah and with Talmud written after Moses death .
manfred

Post by manfred »

try and read what I said again,I am sure you you get it in the end...
The Cat

Post by The Cat »

GrupoCupda wrote:You are saying that Abraham who lived 4000 years ago founded Judaism while I showed you that Judaism is only 3000 years old so stupid there is 1000 years between Judaism and Abraham. How could Abraham have founded a religion which would exist 1000 years later. Judaism has more to do with Moses who was the author of Torah and with Talmud written after Moses death.
1. Who do you think the Torah is talking about in its first book, between chapters 11 and 24?

2. By your logic, Islam must have nothing to do with Abraham either, being born millenias later!

3. Where do you think that the expression 'Abrahamic' (or Semitic) religions comes from?
Last edited by The Cat on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Cat

Post by The Cat »

AhmadBahgat wrote:So who bloody cares about your corrupt Bible? Certainly not me nor pussy cat.....
So who bloody cares about your corrupt Jewish doctrine?
From someone acknowledging that the Hadiths are only man-made conjectures,
leading worldwide ummah to shirk, this must be like the quadrature of the circle!
http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52727" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You should care about the Jewish doctrine since the Koran enjoins the Sabbath:
It's plainly written in Q.2.65; 5.60; 7.166; 4.47; 4.154. Not those Friday prayers...

4.154: Transgress not the Sabbath! and We took from them a firm covenant.

Looks like Muslims are addicted to shirk: They are glued to it and so to... Hell.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1062" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KufirbintKufr

Post by KufirbintKufr »

The Cat wrote: Strange then that you were seeking answers from a far less reliable 'source', GrupoCupda,
by no means a philologist, an etymologist, let alone an archeologue or a paleographist.
The least to do then is to google Allah+etymology by yourself. You would have found:
Do you think that the wikipedia article was written by philologist, etymoligist, archeologue or paleographist ?
http://www.wordswarm.net/dictionary/al%60lah.html
English Etymology Dictionary
Allah 1702, Muslim name of the Supreme Being, from Ar. Allahu, contr. of al-Ilahu, from al "the" + Ilah "God,"

Oxford English Reference Dictionary
Allah n. the name of God among Arabs and Muslims.
Etymology: Arab. ' allah contr. of al-' ilah f. al the + ilah god

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
Allah \Al"lah\, n. [ contr. fr. the article al the + ilah God.]

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=Allah" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Arabic name for the Supreme Being, from Arabic Allahu, contr. of al-Ilahu, from al "the" + Ilah "God,"

The Concise Oxford Dictionary of English Etymology
http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1O27-Allah.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Arab. allāh, for al-'ilāh, i.e. AL-2, 'ilāh god = Aram. elāh, Heb. elōah.
These are dictonaries of ENGLISH etymology...
Do you think the authors know Arabic or just copied it from other authors ?

I presume you do not speak Arabic because if that was the case you would show me evidence from Arabic dictionaries and lexicons...
Allah means God, a generic, like in the Bismillah: In the name of God. If Muslims insist on it being a proper name, then it must be
understood solely as 'the god mentioned in the Koran' with no affiliation with any other ones from the Bible, contrary to Koran 29.46!
Whatever the origin of the word "Allah," it then no longer carries a neutral connotation as a general word "God." As such, it would be
inappropriate to use it for any deity except the god of the Quran. It truly becomes ''The idol of the Muhammadans''!
Why not...If Allah is Al ilah then the shahada means just There is no God but the God...What is wrong with that ?

Check my thread "99 names of Allah" and see how manipulative wikipedia is...when it comes to islam it is rather dawahpedia...
Galatians 1:7-8
But there are some who trouble (agitate) you, and they would pervert the good news of Christ.
If we or an angel from heaven should preach to you any message other than that which we preached to you, let him be accursed.
The Cat

Post by The Cat »

KufirbintKufr wrote: These are dictonaries of ENGLISH etymology...
Do you think the authors know Arabic or just copied it from other authors?
They acknowledge the root of -the Arabic- word in English. Etymology is not confined to one language...

And I don't care if you like wikipedia or not, just disprove it...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etymology" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etymology is the study of the history of words and how their form and meaning have changed over time. For languages with a long written history, etymologists make use of texts in these languages, and texts about the languages, to gather knowledge about how words were used at earlier stages, and when they entered the languages in question. Etymologists also apply the methods of comparative linguistics to reconstruct information about languages that are too old for any direct information to be available. By analyzing related languages with a technique known as the comparative method, linguists can make inferences about their shared parent language and its vocabulary.....
So to state that an English etymological dictionary is confined to 'English' words is silly as can be.
Many English words can be traced back to Greek, Latin, French or even Arabic (ex. algebra).
When it got into the English usage, etymologists had to traced its particular background.
KufirbintKufr wrote:Do you think that the wikipedia article was written by philologist, etymoligist, archeologue or paleographist?
I gave you many more references, from many different dictionaries, all stating the same.
I presume you do not speak Arabic because if that was the case you would show me evidence from Arabic dictionaries and lexicons...
There are NO Arabic etymological dictionaries. Muslims are way too afraid of the truth for that.
Muslims like to say that Allah is a proper name, doing so they shrink Him to a mere Arabic idol.
But the Turkish people, Muslims too, use 'Tengri' or 'Tanri' interchangeably with Allah, as God...
If Allah is Al ilah then the shahada means just There is no God but the God...What is wrong with that ?
Allah (God with a capital) is a contraction of Al-Ilah (The God) which, again, refers to the Akkadian
Il/Ilu/Ilanu all derived from Enlil as The God (En meaning Lord and Lil meaning Air/Wind/Sky).
Last edited by The Cat on Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
AhmedBahgat

Post by AhmedBahgat »

The Cat wrote:
KufirbintKufr wrote: These are dictonaries of ENGLISH etymology...
Do you think the authors know Arabic or just copied it from other authors?
They acknowledge the root of -the Arabic- word in English. Etymology is not confined to one language...

And I don't care if you like wikipedia or not, just disprove it...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etymology" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etymology is the study of the history of words and how their form and meaning have changed over time. For languages with a long written history, etymologists make use of texts in these languages, and texts about the languages, to gather knowledge about how words were used at earlier stages, and when they entered the languages in question. Etymologists also apply the methods of comparative linguistics to reconstruct information about languages that are too old for any direct information to be available. By analyzing related languages with a technique known as the comparative method, linguists can make inferences about their shared parent language and its vocabulary.....
So to state that an English etymological dictionary is confined to 'English' words is silly as can be.
Many English words can be traced back to Greek, Latin, French or even Arabic (ex. algebra).
When it got into the English usage, etymologists had to traced its particular background.
KufirbintKufr wrote:Do you think that the wikipedia article was written by philologist, etymoligist, archeologue or paleographist?
I gave you many more references, from many different dictionaries, all stating the same.
There are NO Arabic etymological dictionaries. Muslims are way too afraid of the truth for that.
Muslims like to say that Allah is a proper name, doing so they shrink Him to a mere Arabic idol.
But the Turkish people, Muslims too, use 'Tengri' or 'Tanri' interchangeably with Allah, as God...
If Allah is Al ilah then the shahada means just There is no God but the God...What is wrong with that ?
Allah (God with a capital) is a contraction of Al-Ilah (The God) which, again, refers to the Akkadian
Il/Ilu/Ilanu all derived from Enlil as The God (En meaning Lord and Lil meaning Air/Wind/Sky).
Again you stupid bum, the Arabic word Al-Ilah is a proper word, therefore the name Allah cannot be the combination of Al+Ilah

Dismiss yourself, dumby