Allah= Al+ilah ?

Prove Islam is from God, why it is the 'One True Religion'.
KufirbintKufr

Re: Allah= Al+ilah ?

Post by KufirbintKufr »

The Cat wrote:The term Allāh is derived from a contraction of the Arabic definite article al- "the" and ʼilāh "deity, god" to al-lāh meaning "the [sole] deity, God" (ho theos monos).
This article LOL...what ho theos monos have to do with explaining Arabic words? Did someone want to show off his knowledge of Greek ?
GrupoCupda wrote:with somebody whose mother tongue is Arabic
So please tell me- is Allah contraction of al ilah or not ?
Galatians 1:7-8
But there are some who trouble (agitate) you, and they would pervert the good news of Christ.
If we or an angel from heaven should preach to you any message other than that which we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Q

Post by Q »

The Cat wrote: Muhammad as the 'seal' of the prophets is debunked by Q.29.25-27:
!

FYE:

Qur'an 33:40

مَّا كَانَ مُحَمَّدٌ أَبَا أَحَدٍ مِّن رِّجَالِكُمْ وَلَكِن رَّسُولَ اللَّهِ وَخَاتَمَ النَّبِيِّينَ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عَلِيمًا {40}
[Shakir 33:40] Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the Last of the prophets; and Allah is cognizant of all things.
[Yusufali 33:40] Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things.
[Pickthal 33:40] Muhammad is not the father of any man among you, but he is the messenger of Allah and the Seal of the Prophets; and Allah is ever Aware of all things.

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 33:40]
http://www.al-islam.org/quran/default.a ... ry=checked" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Qur'an 2:124

وَإِذِ ابْتَلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ رَبُّهُ بِكَلِمَاتٍ فَأَتَمَّهُنَّ قَالَ إِنِّي جَاعِلُكَ لِلنَّاسِ إِمَامًا قَالَ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِي قَالَ لاَ يَنَالُ عَهْدِي الظَّالِمِينَ {124}
[Shakir 2:124] And when his Lord tried Ibrahim with certain words, he fulfilled them. He said: Surely I will make you an Imam of men. Ibrahim said: And of my offspring? My covenant does not include the unjust, said He.
[Yusufali 2:124] And remember that Abraham was tried by his Lord with certain commands, which he fulfilled: He said: "I will make thee an Imam to the Nations." He pleaded: "And also (Imams) from my offspring!" He answered: "But My Promise is not within the reach of evil-doers."
[Pickthal 2:124] And (remember) when his Lord tried Abraham with (His) commands, and he fulfilled them, He said: Lo! I have appointed thee a leader for mankind. (Abraham) said: And of my offspring (will there be leaders)? He said: My covenant includeth not wrong-doers.

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 2:124]
http://www.al-islam.org/quran/default.a ... ry=checked" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

------------

Qur'an 3:81
وَإِذْ أَخَذَ اللّهُ مِيثَاقَ النَّبِيِّيْنَ لَمَا آتَيْتُكُم مِّن كِتَابٍ وَحِكْمَةٍ ثُمَّ جَاءكُمْ رَسُولٌ مُّصَدِّقٌ لِّمَا مَعَكُمْ لَتُؤْمِنُنَّ بِهِ وَلَتَنصُرُنَّهُ قَالَ أَأَقْرَرْتُمْ وَأَخَذْتُمْ عَلَى ذَلِكُمْ إِصْرِي قَالُواْ أَقْرَرْنَا قَالَ فَاشْهَدُواْ وَأَنَاْ مَعَكُم مِّنَ الشَّاهِدِينَ {81}
[Shakir 3:81] And when Allah made a covenant through the prophets: Certainly what I have given you of Book and wisdom-- then an messenger comes to you verifying that which is with you, you must believe in him, and you must aid him. He said: Do you affirm and accept My compact in this (matter)? They said: We do affirm. He said: Then bear witness, and I (too) am of the bearers of witness with you.
[Yusufali 3:81] Behold! Allah took the covenant of the prophets, saying: "I give you a Book and Wisdom; then comes to you a messenger, confirming what is with you; do ye believe in him and render him help." Allah said: "Do ye agree, and take this my Covenant as binding on you?" They said: "We agree." He said: "Then bear witness, and I am with you among the witnesses."
[Pickthal 3:81] When Allah made (His) covenant with the prophets, (He said): Behold that which I have given you of the Scripture and knowledge. And afterward there will come unto you a messenger, confirming that which ye possess. Ye shall believe in him and ye shall help him. He said: Do ye agree, and will ye take up My burden (which I lay upon you) in this (matter)? They answered: We agree. He said: Then bear ye witness. I will be a witness with you.

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 3:81]

GrupoCupda

Post by GrupoCupda »

KufirbintKufr said : So please tell me- is Allah contraction of al ilah or not ?
not it´s not .

AhmedBahgat

Post by AhmedBahgat »

GrupoCupda wrote:
!Cat said :

Oh, my bad. I should have known that 'Rasulullah' was really a Finnish dialect! :D
Really you make me think of an old forum poster named 'Berber'. Arabic is such
a defunct language that it can hardly cope with modern technologies and terms.
The Koranic 'classical' Arabic is much worse. Few people can translate it properly.
And, then, more translations are being done every year or so. Clarity my foot

You are not worth my time . You guys are kafirs with mental problems you need to visit a doctor as soon as possible . You are debating a language which you do not even speak or read and with who ? with somebody whose mother tongue is Arabic claiming that you guys are right and I am wrong . This is how sick people you are . You are not even accepting video proofs from Rabbis what proof are you going to accept ? .

I have posted what that ignorant freak named pussy cat allged about Allah's other name "Al-Rahman", along with my slam dunk to his crap, and his is what a knowledgeable Arabic speaker from Bahrain said to me:

Mahmoud Darwish said to Ahmed on facebook: That was a piece of cake, I can't even consider his argument and it should not be counted as a slam dunk. If you insist, it can be treated as internet junk :))))))))))))

Centaur

Post by Centaur »

Click to win $50,0000 :rock:

only 2% of KKK are radical, the rest are peaceful law abiding moderates
Islamic Football Team: Striker:Extremist; Defender: Moderate One; Goallie :Leftist

The Cat

Post by The Cat »

AhmedBahgat wrote:I have posted what that ignorant freak named pussy cat allged about Allah's other name "Al-Rahman", along with my slam dunk to his crap, and his is what a knowledgeable Arabic speaker from Bahrain said to me: Mahmoud Darwish said to Ahmed on facebook: That was a piece of cake, I can't even consider his argument and it should not be counted as a slam dunk. If you insist, it can be treated as internet junk
In thread you came out with nothing except to say that 'created' wasn't the word but 'made'
I have shown that it doesn't make any difference, and you went away without debating...

viewtopic.php?p=94876#p94876" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?p=95039#p95039" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AhmedBahgat wrote:Allah did not ASSIGN anything to be worshipped other than Himself
Not according to 43.45 in which He made (created) a partner unto Himself to be worship as well! Since through ar-Rahman Allah
made Himself an equal, it logically means that He equally was a made Maker too, imploding the unmade notion of Allah! Now,
if Muslims maintain that Allah did not made Himself but an emanation set in motion out of the Universe then we are facing an
unmade entity, contrary to 43.45! If Allah made another divinity equaling Himself, yet separated, we're not into a one god faith!

AhmedBahgat wrote:Yes the Compassionate is the best translation for Rahman
See how this translation as 'The Beneficent' or 'Compassionate' doesn't make any sense:

19.45: O my father! Lo! I fear lest a punishment from the Beneficent overtake thee so that thou become a comrade of the devil.
19.69: Then We shall pluck out from every sect whichever of them was most stubborn in rebellion to the Beneficent.
Try again... :roflmao:

It's even worst if you say that Allah is a proper name instead of a generic. Then the Bismilla's trinity becomes plain for everyone to see!

------------------
GrupoCupda wrote:You are not worth my time . You guys are kafirs with mental problems you need to visit a doctor as soon as possible .
Looks like you don't know psychiatry more than you know Arabic. There's a well known problem called projection and transfers.
GrupoCupda wrote:This is how sick people you are . You are not even accepting video proofs from Rabbis what proof are you going to accept ?
I'll teach you a Jewish saying: ''Two rabbis, three opinions....''
GrupoCupda wrote:You are debating a language which you do not even speak or read and with who ?
with somebody whose mother tongue is Arabic claiming that you guys are right and I am wrong.
Let no irony be lost! :lol1: :lotpot:
GrupoCupda wrote:
KufirbintKufr said : So please tell me- is Allah contraction of al ilah or not ?
not it´s not .
Prove it from historical Arabic old calligraphy (how Muslims hate it, slanders are all they can do as shown above).

And yes, Allah is simply the untranslated word for 'The G-d', juts like al-Ilah. And He was known in remote time from this generic.
We're about to see that. And Rasulullah means the Messenger of al-Lah, whom happens to be an Egyptian moon-god named Lah!
Last edited by The Cat on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Authority has the same etymological root as authenticity.

yeezevee

Post by yeezevee »

try again... :roflmao:
may I ask you a question dear The Cat? Do you also speak and write Arabic language?? Just curious.

with best regards
yeezevee

The Cat

Post by The Cat »

Q wrote:
The Cat wrote: Muhammad as the 'seal' of the prophets is debunked by Q.29.25-27
FYE:
Qur'an 33:30

Qur'an 2:124

Qur'an 3:81
And Q, trolling as always, quotes: 33.30, 2.124 and 3.81, nothing but throwing sand. Now in order to ascertain Muhammad's prophethood,
Muslims must come out and prove that he was from the seed of Lot, Isaac & Jacob. Ishmael isn't mentioned as carrying prophethood seed.
It becomes SO problematic that Yusuf Ali, in his translation, dared to add Abraham, which is NOT in the original text, that's... blasphemy !

29.27 (85th): And We bestowed on him (Lot) Isaac and Jacob, and We established the prophethood and the Scripture among his seed...

Ibn Khatir (after quoting 19.49, 21.72; 11.71) comments on 29.25-27:
(and We ordained among his offspring prophethood and the Book,)
This is a tremendous blessing. Not only did Allah take him as a close friend and make him an Imam for mankind, but He also ordained prophethood and the Book among his offspring. After the time of Ibrahim there was no Prophet who was not from among his descendants. All of the Prophets of the Children of Israel were from among his descendants, from Ya`qub bin Ishaq bin Ibrahim to the last of them, `Isa bin Maryam, who stood in the midst of his people and announced the good news of the Hashimi Qurashi Arab Prophet, the last of all the Messengers, the leader of the sons of Adam in this world and the next, whom Allah chose from the heart of the Arab nation, from the descendants of Isma`il bin Ibrahim, may peace be upon them. There is no Prophet from the line of Isma`il besides him, may the best of blessings and peace be upon him.
Ibn Kathir is skating around here not to face the obvious. And so is 'Q' with his unrelated TROLL. Allah convoys prophethood explicitly
to Lot, Isaac and Jacob. It doesn't mention Isma'il, nor the Qurashi Prophet. So Muslims, who denied Isaac to embrace Ishmael, are in
troubled water: they must come up and prove that Muhammad is from the seed of Isaac and Jacob, not that of Ishmael... :turban:
Last edited by The Cat on Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Cat

Post by The Cat »

KufirbintKufr wrote:
The Cat wrote:The term Allāh is derived from a contraction of the Arabic definite article al- "the" and ʼilāh "deity, god" to al-lāh meaning "the [sole] deity, God" (ho theos monos).
This article LOL...what ho theos monos have to do with explaining Arabic words? Did someone want to show off his knowledge of Greek ?
Tell me what you don't understand in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Allah (Arabic: الله‎, Allāh is the standard Arabic word for God. While the term is best known in the West for its use by Muslims as a reference to God, it is used by Arabic-speakers of all Abrahamic faiths, including Christians and Jews, in reference to "God". (...)

Etymology: The term Allâh is derived from a contraction of the Arabic definite article al- "the" and ʼilâh "deity, god" to al-lâh meaning "the [sole] deity, God''. Cognates of the name "Allâh" exist in other Semitic languages, including Hebrew and Aramaic. The corresponding Aramaic form is אֱלָהָא ʼĔlāhā in Biblical Aramaic and ܐܰܠܳܗܳܐ Alגhג or آlפho in Syriac. The contraction of al- and ʼilגh in forming the term Allגh ("the god", masculine form) parallels the contraction of al- and ʼilגha in forming the term Allגt ("the goddess", feminine form). (...)

Some Muslims leave the name "Allגh" untranslated in English. Sometimes this comes from a zeal for the Arabic text of the Qur'an and sometimes with a more or less conscious implication that the Jewish and Christian concept of God is not completely true in its details. Conversely, the usage of the term Allah by English speaking non-Muslims in reference to the God in Islam, Marshall G. S. Hodgson says, can imply that Muslims are worshiping a mythical god named 'Allah' rather than God, the creator. This usage is therefore appropriate only for those who are prepared to accept its theological implications.
The whole controversy comes from the fact that, untranslated, Allah becomes a proper name. Just like if God (Car or whatever) wasn't
translated into Malay thus becoming a proper name! It's that silly, but what else can we expect from Muslims! They can't but shirk anyhow
so they add a partner named Allah to 'The God' (al-Ilah)! From this they kind of nationalize idolatry. How's that from statued ignorance!

The problem in Malaysia comes from the fact that Malays have their own generic word for God, which is 'Tuhan' so they think that Allah
is a proper Muslim name. The whole Islamic community stands in awe regarding this, both from a historical and religious perspectives!

http://irreligiously.blogspot.com/2010/ ... er-of.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/fe ... h_and_god/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/fe ... lah_means/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A summary of the Malaysia Controversy
Christians in Indonesia and Malaysia used Allah to refer to God in the Malay and Indonesian languages, going back to Francis Xavier
in the 16th century. In Malay, they do have their own name for God 'Tuhan' and so they uphold that Allah is only referring to the
Muslims' divinity. Well Turkey named Allah 'Tengri' for centuries as they were one and the same for God. Koran (29.46) “… say: We
believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you, and our God and your God is One, and to Him do we submit.

1. The government of Malaysia in 2007 outlawed usage of the term Allah in any other but Muslim contexts.
2. The High Court in 2009 revoked the law, ruling that it was unconstitutional.
3. The government has in turn appealed the court ruling, and the High Court has suspended implementation of its verdict until
the appeal is heard. In the wake of this dispute, there were a number of attacks on many Christian churches in January 2010.

I almost want this: on one hand Muslims are turning Allah into a tribal, sectarian, divinity;
on the other hand they praise the idolatrous Allah of Muhammad. Maybe it's just about time!
It goes hand in hand with the worship of Muhammad, two idols in one: the perfect Shahadah!
The Islamic quadrature of their idolatrous circle... :worthy: :worthy: :dev:
Last edited by The Cat on Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Centaur

Post by Centaur »

see Al_ilah' s daughters in pre-islamic arabia Al-Uzza,Al- Manāt and Al-Lāt, I think Rushdie had this in satanic verses
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah
Click to win $50,0000 :rock:

only 2% of KKK are radical, the rest are peaceful law abiding moderates
Islamic Football Team: Striker:Extremist; Defender: Moderate One; Goallie :Leftist

The Cat

Post by The Cat »

yeezevee wrote:
try again... :roflmao:
may I ask you a question dear The Cat? Do you also speak and write Arabic language?? Just curious.

with best regards
yeezevee
Allah works in mysterious ways.

GrupoCupda

Post by GrupoCupda »

cat said : The whole controversy comes from the fact that, untranslated, Allah becomes a proper name. Just like if God (Car or whatever) wasn't
translated into Malay thus becoming a proper name! It's that silly, but what else can we expect from Muslims! They can't but shirk anyhow
so they add a partner named Allah to 'The God' (al-Ilah)! From this they kind of nationalize idolatry. How's that from statued ignorance!

The problem in Malaysia comes from the fact that Malays have their own generic word for God, which is 'Tuhan' so they think that Allah
is a proper Muslim name. The whole Islamic community stands in awe regarding this, both from a historical and religious perspectives!

, divinity;
on the other hand they praise the idolatrous Allah of Muhammad. Maybe it's just about time!
It goes hand in hand with the worship of Muhammad, two idols in one: the perfect Shahadah!
The Islamic quadrature of their idolatrous circle... :worthy: :worthy: :dev:
[/quote]

Go on in your ignorance only Kafirs like you believe what you say which is no big deal to me . You cannot convince any Muslim or any Jew and Arab Christians . Since when ignorant people of Arabic and history of Arabs and Islam were the teachers of Muslims

The Cat

Post by The Cat »

GrupoCupda wrote:Go on in your ignorance only Kafirs like you believe what you say which is no big deal to me.
You cannot convince any Muslim or any Jews and Arab Christians
Nothing but unfounded slanders as always. No proof, no scholarly references. Sand... :wacko:
http://irreligiously.blogspot.com/2010/ ... er-of.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From American Muslim sources:
http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/fe ... h_and_god/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/fe ... lah_means/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do Malaysian Muslims understand what ‘Allah’ means? by Farish A. Noor
What is most striking to the outside observer like me - though rather banal for the Egyptians themselves - is the fact that in all
these celebrations ranging from Eid for the Muslims to Christmas for the Catholics and Copts the word ‘Allah’ is used to denote that
supreme and singular divinity, God. Catholics and Copts alike exclaim ‘Masha-allah’, ‘Wallahi’, ‘ya-Rabbi’,‘Wallah-u allam’, and of
course ‘Allahuakbar’ day in, day out, everywhere they go. (...)

Yet in Malaysia at the moment yet another non-issue has been brewed to a scandal for no reason (...) For a start, the word ‘Allah’
predates the revelation to the Prophet Muhammad and goes way back to the pre-Islamic era. Christians had been using the word long
before there were any Muslims, in fact. Furthermore the word is Arabic, and is thus common to all the peoples, cultures and societies
where Arabic - in all its dialects - is spoken, and is understood by millions of Arabic speakers to mean God, and little else.
I've been saying that in Turkey, the word 'Tengri' was in use as well as Allah to talk about the ultimate G-d, without problems...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tengri" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In modern Turkish, the derived word "Tanrı" is used as the generic word for "god", also for the Abrahamic God, and is often used
today by Muslim Turks to refer to God in Turkish as an alternative to the word "Allah", the originally Arabic Islamic word for "God".
So in the Malay language Allah -is- Tuhan... just like it is Anla in Chinese, Allach in Russian or Anax for the Serbian Muslims!

Q

Post by Q »

The Cat wrote:[

It's even worst if you say that Allah is a proper name instead of a generic. Then the Bismilla's trinity becomes plain for everyone to see!
FYE:

QUR’AN 1:1
[Shakir 1:1] In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
[Yusufali 1:1] In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
[Pickthal 1:1] In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 1:1]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUR’AN 112
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
قُلْ هُوَ اللَّهُ أَحَدٌ {1}
[Shakir 112:1] Say: He, Allah, is One.
[Yusufali 112:1] Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
[Pickthal 112:1] Say: He is Allah, the One!

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 112:1]
Ahad, one in person and being, is applied to Allah alone, and signifies the one; the sole; He who has ever been one and sole; or the indivisible; or He who has no second to share in His divinity, nor in His essence, nor in His attributes. Refer to the commentary of Fatihah: 1 to 4 and Hashr: 22 to 24.
Aqa Mahdi Puya says:
The spirit of the absolute unity of Allah is the foundation of the structure of the religion of Allah, Islam. This surah, which explains the unity (tawhid) of Allah, was revealed to give an idea of Godhead the Holy Prophet preached.
It begins with huwa (He) which refers to the known, known to all, but not identifying any one. Refer to the commentary of Fatihah: 1 and Baqarah: 255. In the Aryan creeds atma and brahma is one, therefore "I" (first person singular) is used by them to refer to the conception of the absolute.
Ahad signifies the unity of His essence. He is free from compositeness. According to Imam Ali bin Husayn Zaynal Abidin samad refers to the supreme being that continues, or continues for ever, or is everlasting, or is the creator of everything of whom nothing is independent, or is dependent on no person or thing but all persons or things are dependent on Him, therefore the eternally besought by all. He cannot be described or defined as one void of any excellence, or any excellence void of Him, He is infinite.

اللَّهُ الصَّمَدُ {2}
[Shakir 112:2] Allah is He on Whom all depend.
[Yusufali 112:2] Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
[Pickthal 112:2] Allah, the eternally Besought of all!

Refer to the commentary of Baqarah: 255 and Ali Imran: 2.
Anthropomorphism, the tendency to conceive God in the terms known to man, creeps in at all times and among all peoples. Nothing or no being can be separated

لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ {3}
[Shakir 112:3] He begets not, nor is He begotten.
[Yusufali 112:3] He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
[Pickthal 112:3] He begetteth not nor was begotten.

Anthropomorphism, the tendency to conceive God in the terms known to man, creeps in at all times and among all peoples. Nothing or no being can be separated from the infinite supreme being nor was there anything or being from which He was separated. So neither He begets nor was He begotten. Therefore there cannot be any being like to Him.

وَلَمْ يَكُن لَّهُ كُفُوًا أَحَدٌ {4}
[Shakir 112:4] And none is like Him.
[Yusufali 112:4] And there is none like unto Him.
[Pickthal 112:4] And there is none comparable unto Him.

KufirbintKufr

Post by KufirbintKufr »

The Cat wrote:
KufirbintKufr wrote:
Tell me what you don't understand in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I dont regard wikipedia as a source.
Galatians 1:7-8
But there are some who trouble (agitate) you, and they would pervert the good news of Christ.
If we or an angel from heaven should preach to you any message other than that which we preached to you, let him be accursed.

The Cat

Post by The Cat »

KufirbintKufr wrote:
The Cat wrote: Tell me what you don't understand in
I dont regard wikipedia as a source.
Strange then that you were seeking answers from a far less reliable 'source', GrupoCupda,
by no means a philologist, an etymologist, let alone an archeologue or a paleographist.
The least to do then is to google Allah+etymology by yourself. You would have found:

http://www.wordswarm.net/dictionary/al%60lah.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
English Etymology Dictionary
Allah 1702, Muslim name of the Supreme Being, from Ar. Allahu, contr. of al-Ilahu, from al "the" + Ilah "God,"

Oxford English Reference Dictionary
Allah n. the name of God among Arabs and Muslims.
Etymology: Arab. ' allah contr. of al-' ilah f. al the + ilah god

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
Allah \Al"lah\, n. [ contr. fr. the article al the + ilah God.]

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=Allah" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Arabic name for the Supreme Being, from Arabic Allahu, contr. of al-Ilahu, from al "the" + Ilah "God,"

The Concise Oxford Dictionary of English Etymology
http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1O27-Allah.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Arab. allāh, for al-'ilāh, i.e. AL-2, 'ilāh god = Aram. elāh, Heb. elōah.

Yet this given etymology is far from being complete: Allah and al-Ilah have three different regional roots, so not only the first one:
1. In Lakhmid territories, Iraq/Hira, it's a cognate of Akkadian Ilu and Ilanu (Ilahu), both epithets of Enlil, their supreme divinity.
Ilu/Ilahu was to be understood as the capitalized Him, i.e. 'The God'. It's the plain Sumerian/Akkadian/Chaldean origins for al-Ilah!

2. In the Aramaic/Syriac region of the Levant, it comes from the Syriac Alaha a cognate of Eloah, itself related to the Arabic
Ilya, an old name for Jerusalem, otherwise known as El-Elyon (the Most High), the Ugaritic Aleyin, likewise found in Q.83.18-21.

3. But in the Northwest of Arabia, in the Nabataean/Ghassanid territories, the root rather comes from Lah (al-Lah), an obscur
Egyptian moon-god mentioned in the Ani Papyrus. In most ancient inscriptions, it is simply written: -L- or -LH-.

The geographical dispersion of the root for Allah is at the source of much confusion: it's only related to the biblical EL
and its derivatives in the Syriac Levant, not in the Eastern Lakhmid (al-Ilah), nor in the Northwest Nabataea (al-Lah).

Allah means God, a generic, like in the Bismillah: In the name of God. If Muslims insist on it being a proper name, then it must be
understood solely as 'the god mentioned in the Koran' with no affiliation with any other ones from the Bible, contrary to Koran 29.46!
Whatever the origin of the word "Allah," it then no longer carries a neutral connotation as a general word "God." As such, it would be
inappropriate to use it for any deity except the god of the Quran. It truly becomes ''The idol of the Muhammadans''!
Last edited by The Cat on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Cat

Post by The Cat »

Q wrote:
The Cat wrote:It's even worst if you say that Allah is a proper name instead of a generic. Then the Bismilla's trinity becomes plain for everyone to see!
QUR’AN 112
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
قُلْ هُوَ اللَّهُ أَحَدٌ {1}
[Shakir 112:1] Say: He, Allah, is One.
[Yusufali 112:1] Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
[Pickthal 112:1] Say: He is Allah, the One!

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 112:1] Ahad, one in person and being, is applied to Allah alone, and signifies the one; the sole; (...)
Another spam from 'Q' which he post instead of answering the HUGE problem of Q.29.27! Well, that's the Muslim's way...
Little was he to know that this would trigger another HUGE problem for the so-called monotheist creed of Islam.

I will divide my reply to sura 112 (chr. 22th) in two maybe three posts. According to Muhammad (Bukhari, 6.61.533-534),
sura 112 is the equivalent of 1/3rd of the Quran. So to recite it can shorten and accentuate your praying and save time.

Thing is that Muslims have been fooled again by the translators and commentators of their holy book! As written in 112.1
'Ahad' does NOT mean 'One' but... ONE OF or 'One from'! This meaning is quite underlined with the other Koranic passages
using Ahad or its derivatives (ahadun, ahadin, ahadhuhum) never meant one or solitary like in 2.96, 4.43, 5.6, 9.6, etc.
Translators/commentators had to hide its true meaning in order to uphold the Koranic so-called monotheism... :hoover: :inv:

Examples: 4.43 & 9.6 (ahad or its derivatives being underlined):
And if ye be ill, or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have touched women, and ye find not water,
then go to high clean soil and rub your faces and your hands (therewith). Lo! Allah is Benign, Forgiving.

9.6: And if anyone of the idolaters seeketh thy protection (O Muhammad), then protect him.........

http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/ahad.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In every single case, ahad is used to refer to one of something, to one member of a specific group. None of the examples used this word to mean one, alone, single etc. On the basis of this statistical analysis one can hardly avoid the conclusion that Al Araby’s verdict is correct. Basically, this means that the Quran contains a gross grammatical mistake that affects the so-called pure monotheism of Islam!

How could such an error arise?
One possible, and even probable, explanation as to why Muhammad, or the author of the Quran, used the word ahad is because of his interaction with the Jews. Muhammad may have heard the Jewish Shema, the monotheistic creed of faith found in Deuteronomy 6:4, recited which uses the word echad to refer to Yahweh’s unity. Here is the Hebrew in transliteration and the translation of it right after:

Shema Yisrael Yahweh Elohenu Yahweh Echad
Hear O Israel, Yahweh Our God Yahweh is One.

It may be that Muhammad heard the word echad used and then decided to adopt it by using what he perceived to be the Arabic equivalent, namely ahad. Little did he realize that the use of this word would severely compromise his monotheistic position and the Quran’s alleged perfect grammar. Another possibility is that Muhammad, or the author, may have used Ahad so it could rhyme with the words which follows since it is written in a poetic form. And yet, by using either Al-Wahid or Al-Ahad he could have avoided this compromise and still have matched the rhyme.
112.1 is actually written: Qul huwa Allahu ahad(un). Ahad(un) meaning one of. It is quite interesting to note that, apart from Sura 112:1,
ahad is never used in connection to Allah’s unity. The word that is always used in reference to Allah being one is wahid. Every occurrence
of ahad shows that the word means "one of," or refers to a member of a group. So it couldn't be referring to the sole 'One' as translated!

Next, we'll look upon 112.2 and its wording: As-Samad... Yusuf Ali said it was among the most difficult word to translate. :tumbleweed:

Q

Post by Q »

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِِ {1}
[Shakir 1:1] In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
[Yusufali 1:1] In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
[Pickthal 1:1] In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

الْحَمْدُ للّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ {2}
[Shakir 1:2] All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds.
[Yusufali 1:2] Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;
[Pickthal 1:2] Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds,

الرَّحْمـنِ الرَّحِيمِ {3}
[Shakir 1:3] The Beneficent, the Merciful.
[Yusufali 1:3] Most Gracious, Most Merciful;
[Pickthal 1:3] The Beneficent, the Merciful.

مَالِكِ يَوْمِ الدِّينِ {4}
[Shakir 1:4] Master of the Day of Judgment.
[Yusufali 1:4] Master of the Day of Judgment.
[Pickthal 1:4] Master of the Day of Judgment,

إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ {5}
[Shakir 1:5] Thee do we serve and Thee do we beseech for help.
[Yusufali 1:5] Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.
[Pickthal 1:5] Thee (alone) we worship; Thee (alone) we ask for help.

اهدِنَــــا الصِّرَاطَ المُستَقِيمَ {6}
[Shakir 1:6] Keep us on the right path.
[Yusufali 1:6] Show us the straight way,
[Pickthal 1:6] Show us the straight path,

صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنعَمتَ عَلَيهِمْ غَيرِ المَغضُوبِ عَلَيهِمْ وَلاَ الضَّالِّينَ {7}
[Shakir 1:7] The path of those upon whom Thou hast bestowed favors. Not (the path) of those upon whom Thy wrath is brought down, nor of those who go astray.
[Yusufali 1:7] The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray.
[Pickthal 1:7] The path of those whom Thou hast favoured; Not the (path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray.

GrupoCupda

Post by GrupoCupda »

manfred said : Show me a Jewish and a Christian text predating Islam mentioning that name.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/allah6.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AhmedBahgat

Post by AhmedBahgat »

‘Abd Allah ibn Saba' (ca. 600-670?), The facts about his existence are, however, controversial. He should not be confused with an identically-named Jewish scholar who resided in Medina at the time of Muhammad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_Ibn_Saba" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:*) :*)