What Bible says about Idolaters and Polytheists?

Does God exist? Is Allah God? Creation vs. evolution.
Is Religion needed? Logic vs. faith. Morality and ethics.
SAM

Re: What Bible says about Idolaters and Polytheists?

Post by SAM »

Firebird wrote:SAM- I loathe your post but your smilie is cracking me up. I want one.
Why, your blood is boiling? :)
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.
Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance."
(2:120)

Brendalee

Post by Brendalee »

Firebird, when you go to post a reply, scroll down the smilies on the right of the reply box (to the bottom). Click on the bottom where it says "View more smilies". Another box of smilies will then pop up and hey, presto! you will find what your heart desires. :lotpot: :lotpot: Just click on it and it will appear in your post as the word lotpot.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

Hi SAM,

you said that the mind of the Buddhist Chinese is set on money even as they pray before an idol.I have seen a Biblical verse that states that God gives wealth along with sometrhing else as had been painted on a local church.The last time I went to note down the verse number, that had been thoroughly white-washed.May be because many poor converts are joining and that church can't make them all rich. :lol:
palli or halli in Dravidian languages means a village just like gaav in Aryan languages means a village.palli or halli in Aryan Mauryan Imperial era around 200 B.C designates a tribal hamlet.So many of those in South India are indeed descendants of tribals and are still keeping up that heritage.

SAM

Post by SAM »

Nosuperstition wrote:Hi SAM,

you said that the mind of the Buddhist Chinese is set on money even as they pray before an idol.I have seen a Biblical verse that states that God gives wealth along with sometrhing else as had been painted on a local church.The last time I went to note down the verse number, that had been thoroughly white-washed.May be because many poor converts are joining and that church can't make them all rich. :lol:
white-washed Image Christ I'm Confused... :lotpot:
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.
Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance."
(2:120)

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

SAM wrote:
Nosuperstition wrote:Hi SAM,

white-washed Image Christ I'm Confused... :lotpot:
Google with key words 'what does the Bible say about wealth' or about how GOD blessed Jewish kings with wealth or about how God created both the rich and the poor.
palli or halli in Dravidian languages means a village just like gaav in Aryan languages means a village.palli or halli in Aryan Mauryan Imperial era around 200 B.C designates a tribal hamlet.So many of those in South India are indeed descendants of tribals and are still keeping up that heritage.

crazymonkie_

Post by crazymonkie_ »

What the Bible says about wealth is... confusing, to put it mildly.

There's the 'eye of a needle' thing; there's the verses that say god will increase wealth and well-being; and there are verses in between. And I'm just talking Gospels/Epistles.

Sort of like how there are verses in those books dealing with salvation that clearly contradict one another.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

diotima64 wrote:The difference being, that at no time was the class system based on religious doctrine -
http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewt ... ht=#222443" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
humandecency wrote:here is a difference between caste and class.

One is a formal mandated structure, the other being the behaviour of individuals, but not mandated or legislated or prescribed by law or religion.
http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewt ... c&start=90" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mon May 28, 2007 5:08 pm

As God said that he created the rich and poor,class system is also mandated by religion.Both these forummers are naive and must get enlightened.
The rich and the poor have a common bond, The LORD is the maker of them all.Proverbs 22:2.

http://scripturetext.com/proverbs/22-2.htm

The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD Almighty Haggal 2:8

http://bible.cc/haggai/2-8.htm.
Perhaps the conquistadors and British traders were right when they said that they have an insatiable appetite for gold.I have got to know of these things from the God T.V evangelist whom I mentioned previously in one of today's posts of mine.
Last edited by Nosuperstition on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Nosuperstition

another tu quo que

Post by Nosuperstition »

Yohan on this forum torments Hindus with the question of hereditary priesthood.Well, I have seen in the Old Testament section of the Bible, certain verses that can support hereditary priesthood.That might be in the Levites section to the best of my memory.
Last edited by Nosuperstition on Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

To justify the privileges of the high-born, Barani argued that merits are apportioned to souls and that aptitude is hereditary. He believed that only those in the nobler professions are capable of virtues such as kindness, generosity, valor, truthfulness, keeping promises, protecting other classes, loyalty, justice, gratitude, and fear of God.

Barani complained that Tughluq appointed Hindus and men of low birth to high offices. He definitely looked at Muslim government from the perspective of his aristocratic class, and he very much resented the Muslim slaves (sultani) in the government and hated Hindus even more. His bias was so strong that he even considered religious piety the privilege of good birth.He argued that state offices should be hereditary.
Last edited by Nosuperstition on Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

manohar wrote:After that Tsar initiated reforms,he even permitted commoners unto administrative posts based purely on merit which had not been the case earlier.

When he was on his death bed,he said God forgive me if I had done anything wrong,I have only done what I had felt is in the best interests of my people and my country.
http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewt ... ht=#690030" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

Islam's Black Slaves notes that Islamic teachers throughout the centuries consistently defended slavery: "For there must be masters and slaves." Others noted that blacks "lack self-control and steadiness of mind and they are overcome by fickleness, foolishness and ignorance. Such are the blacks who live in the extremity of the land of Ethiopia, the Nubians, Zanj and the like."

Ibn Khaldun (1332 - 1406) the pre-eminent Islamic medieval historian and social thinker wrote: "The Negro nations are as a rule submissive to slavery.because they have attributes that are quite similar to dumb animals."

By the Middle Ages, the Arab word "abd" was in general use to denote a black slave while the word "mamluk" referred to a white slave. Even as late as the 19th Century, it was noted that in Mecca "there are few families.that do not keep slaves.they all keep mistresses in common with their lawful wives."

It was noted that black slaves were castrated "based on the assumption that the blacks had an ungovernable sexual appetite."
http://www.christianaction.org.za/ar...eofSlavery.htm

The views of these people are in line with those of present generation who believe that different amounts of the hormone testesterone is responsible for varying degrees of crime in different races.I read about this comment in frontpagemag.Taking the right kind of diet might reduce excess calories,harmones and crime.I also remember a racist devout Christian of frontpagemag say that the West must work towards the realisation of an independant Kurdistan.