George Floyd, Black Lives Mattter and Antifa

Discuss world politics in relation to Islam and Muslims.
Ariel

Re: George Floyd, Black Lives Mattter and Antifa

Post by Ariel »

manfred wrote:
I wonder were are the thousands of protesters with posters "old lives matter"....
I am sorry Manfred..Old life does not matter. Old folks are a burden . They cost money...

:whistling: There you are..I have said it. I am glad I am stil a spring chicken.

The two Buffelo police officers were charged with felony assault , but they were released without bail . They pleaded not guilty.

And the police officers were applauded by their colleagues as they left the courthouse.

He man had a bad fall, that is true. He was bleading from his ear. :cry: I hope he is alright.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

:) This is called Racism. A delivery fee based on the colour of skin of the restaurant owner.
Uber Eats stops charging delivery fees to black-owned restaurants

In an email to customers late Thursday, CEO Dara Khosrowshahi said Uber Eats will promote black-owned restaurants on its app, and that the service will not charge delivery fees to those restaurants “for the remainder of the year.”

Uber will also offer discounted rides to black-owned small businesses “who have been hit hard by COVID-19,” though it did not add how much of a discount would be given.

“I wish that the lives of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and countless others weren’t so violently cut short,” the 51-year-old CEO wrote. “I wish that institutional racism, and the police violence it gives rise to, didn’t cause their deaths.”

Khosrowshahi also pledged that Uber will continue to crack down on discrimination, harassment and racism on its platform, and will hold its users accountable “to these standards of basic respect and human decency.”

“I respectfully ask anyone not willing to abide by these rules to delete Uber,” he wrote.

Shares of Uber were up 3.5 percent early Friday afternoon, at $37.70.

manfred

Post by manfred »

This one is interesting.... it looks at similar cases of very bad policing and the reactions than followed:

Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

The lady said no one cared after the death of Tony Timpa and Justine Damond. But I am not sure about that. People cared, but "normal" white people ( I do not count the white antifa kids as normal) seldom start to riot, looting and distroying towns, shops and businesses, after a coloured person kills a white person. If they would, there would not be one shop left in some cities.

I often asked myself, why ? Is it because coloured people have a different temperament, other than white people? Are they more emotional? Quicker to react ?

I know I can't generalize, but still.... :clueless:

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

You have to see this video.

I love this guy Avi Yemini. He joined the Black Lives Matter rally in Melbourne to get some answers from protesters.

One of his questions was...Do you know Justine Damond . After speaking with protesters in Melbourne, he realised none of them even knew her name.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

We often say in Holland..There comes the monkey out of the sleeve. But for you in English ..."The true intentions are revealed"

:cool: Don’t send love, send money

By Chad Sanders
I Don’t Need ‘Love’ Texts From My White Friends

My book is coming out in a few months, and I don’t know if I’m going to be alive to see it, because I’m a black man. :cry:

[--]

I countered, insisting that our meeting take place as scheduled because black people’s lives are in danger, and I shouldn’t have to sacrifice momentum on a book written for black people because white people are performing empathy.

[--]

Black people are being trampled in the process. Many white people I know are spilling over with guilt and overzealous attempts to offer sympathy. I have been avoiding them as best I can, trying to live, support my black family and friends and execute normal life functions such as working, moving into a new apartment and cooking dinner for my girlfriend.

But brazen as ever, white people who have my phone number are finding a way to drain my time and energy. Some are friends, others old co-workers and acquaintances I’ve intentionally released from my life for the sake of my peace of mind. Every few days I receive a bunch of texts like this one, from last week:

“Hi friend. I just wanted to reach out and let you know I love you and so deeply appreciate you in my life and your stories in the world. And I’m so sorry. This country is deeply broken and sick and racist. I’m sorry. I think I’m tired; meanwhile I’m sleeping in my Snuggie of white privilege. I love you and I’m here to fight and be useful in any way I can be. **Heart emojis**”

Almost every message ends with seven oppressive words — “Don’t feel like you need to respond.”

Not only are these people using me as a waste bin for guilt and shame, but they’re also instructing me on what not to feel, silencing me in the process. In an unusually honest admission of power imbalance, the texter is informing me I don’t have to respond. (Gee, thanks.) This implies that whether or not I do respond — and I usually don’t — the transaction is complete because the message has been conveyed. The texter can sleep more soundly in a “Snuggie of white privilege.”

Many of my black friends have told me that they, too, are drowning in these one-way messages drenched in white guilt.

It’s possible that these white people with my phone number are misunderstanding what I need right now. Based on the feathery, nearly playful tone of the messages they’re sending, they seem to think what I’m experiencing during this time of killings and attempted killings of black people is some vague discomfort that a virtual hug can ease.

As a black man, what I actually feel — constantly — is the fear of death; the fear that when I go for my morning stroll through Central Park or to 7-Eleven for an AriZona Iced Tea, I won’t make it back home. I fear I won’t get to celebrate my parents’ 40th anniversary; I won’t get to add money to my nephew’s brokerage account on his third birthday; I won’t get to take my partner out dancing in her favorite Bed-Stuy bars.

[--]

So please, stop sending #love. Stop sending positive vibes. Stop sending your thoughts. Here are three suggestions on more immediately impactful things to offer instead:

Money: To funds that pay legal fees for black people who are unjustly arrested, imprisoned or killed or to black politicians running for office.

Texts: To your relatives and loved ones telling them you will not be visiting them or answering phone calls until they take significant action in supporting black lives either through protest or financial contributions.

Protection: To fellow black protesters who are at greater risk of harm during demonstrations.

Yes, these actions may seem grave. But you insist that you love me, and love requires sacrifice. Text messages are unlimited on most data plans. Emojis are not sacrificial.

If you’re feeling the need to check on me as your black friend, don’t. I’ll let you know what I need. If you don’t get a message from me, that’s a message.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

England.
Black Lives Matter protesters have torn down a statue of 17th century slave trader Edward Colston in Bristol and dumped it in the harbour - as demonstrations continue to sweep Britain following the death of George Floyd in America.

Footage shows demonstrators, packed closely together, heaving the metal monument down with ropes before cheering and dancing around it, with many placing their knees on the fallen statue as it lay on the ground.

A statue of Winston Churchill has been defaced with the words 'was a racist' in Parliament Square, London

manfred

Post by manfred »

He was not just some "slave trader". He worked for an African trading company who traded in many goods. There also was slave trade, and his company sold about 84000 slaves in the "colonies" of America. Many died during the transport.

That is not why he was remembered in a statue. He built many schools and charitable foundations, and gave money to Bristol city for infra structure. Whether he should be honoured with a statue can be debated.

But there are kid in schools he founded to this day. How will this affect them?

As to Churchill being "racist", by today's standards who isn't? The word has become cheap. Whether some of his comments amount to racism, is a matter of opinion.

But perhaps we need to explain to some people why some people get statues to honour them, at least in free countries. That is for the special thing they did, not for being a perfect saint. Nobody claims them to be perfect like Mary Poppins. But they did something in their lives that is worth remembering, something special.

George Floyd gets depicted with halo and angel wings. Is that realistic?

Ansar al-Zindiqi

Post by Ansar al-Zindiqi »

[Tracking Keith Ellison’s Antifa ( Strzok’s Too)
Don't be a believer but a heretic unto yourself.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

White protesters wash the feet of black protest organizers and beg for forgiveness in Cary, North Carolina.

What next? :clueless:

manfred

Post by manfred »

When will we get some sanity around this? We are dividing our world on the ridiculous difference of skin tone. We are setting up another "protected species".... police will be scared to deal with crime if the perpetrator is "black" in case there is a riot or pitch fork lynching mobs chasing policemen. Judges will be afraid to sentence a "black" man, employers will select even an unqualified "black" man in case he gets sued as a discriminating employer, soon we get told how Jesus and Mohammed were black, and all and any inventor or good person as well. Immigration control is of course "racist" and should be abolished. Universities and schools will be afraid to fail a black student, and we get "token" prime ministers ... imagine Diane Abbot as prime minister.

We all belong together. Nobody should sow the seeds of division unchallenged. All of us should be treated the same. "Black life matters" is racist against white people. Two evils do not make a good.

We have reached the stage where even suggesting equality is "racist" to some.

manfred

Post by manfred »

In London, it is starting already. Our dear London mayor, Sadiq Khan, is going to set up a "racism task force" to monitor the police, and later health services and schools too....

So police, beware arresting anyone with a dark skin, no matter what he did. Never search any "black" man for weapons or drugs, that is racist.
Doctors, check the list of your patients who died.... there better not be any more "black" people than in the general population.... unless you yourself are "black". Also make sure you always prescribe the most expensive medicine for any "black" patient, irrespective of need, as otherwise you are "discriminating".
Schools... if your "black" kids don't get better exam results than everybody else, you get labelled institutionally racist. If a "black" kid behaves poorly in a class, and the teacher is "white", sack him or her, for not meeting the "black" kids needs.

It is depressing to realise that this crazy man will be re-elected, in all likelihood.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

manfred wrote:In London, it is starting already. Our dear London mayor, Sadiq Khan, is going to set up a "racism task force" to monitor the police, and later health services and schools too....
Ridiculous. :nono:

In America, it is even worse.
Members of the Democratic Party, Antifa and other rioters and demonstrators have begun calling for police departments across the country to be defunded, and some Democratic mayors have responded positively to these demands.

In Minneapolis, where the riots began, the city council is even considering abolishing their police department altogether.

What an unimaginable stupid idea.

You can compare it like asking for the closure of hospitals in a city, if a medical miss is committed there, arguing that this will benefit the residents health.

We are are heading to interesting times.
Bring out the popcorn.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Welcome to the new Sweden, where democrate Sweeds lovingly took in those looters. They were given food, money and houses. What a way to thank them. :clueless:
Sweden: Family has moving truck plundered by BLM activists

A family’s moving truck was plundered by Black Lives Matter activists in Gothenburg on Saturday. A video clip of the incident has emerged and is circulating on social media.

The family had been moving into their new apartment in the city’s central district when a violent mob of Black Lives Matter activists appeared, saw what they were doing, and then looted and destroyed the family’s belongings, the Gothenburg Post reports.

The mother of the family told Gothenburg Post that she had witnessed the horrifying event take place from inside of her new apartment. She says that her son’s drawings were thrown out on the street, and that the mob smashed several windows of homes on the street.

In the video clip, a dozen or so African migrants can be seen ransacking the truck in search of valuables. It appears as though much of the family’s property was destroyed in the process.

The video footage has prompted widespread outrage among law abiding Swedes and netizens alike.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

ALL LIVES MATTER
Demo Planned Against ANTIFA Anarchists on Sat 13th June

A MASSIVE Demonstration has been planned for Saturday, 13th June in response to the attacks on brave Met Police officers, the vandalism of UK landmarks, and rioting by Antifa Terrorists.

The event is due to take place at 11am on Saturday June 13th on Whitehall – and intends to be a peacefull response to Antifa anarchy and welcomes and all colours, creeds and orientations.

If you’re tired of Black Lives Matter having the spotlight, tired of Antifa thugs ripping apart our historic Capital, then come on down to London on Saturday, wear a mask and stay 2 metres apart

pr126

Post by pr126 »

The video footage has prompted widespread outrage among law abiding Swedes and netizens alike.
But not by the police or the authorities / government. They are looking the other way.
Islam: an idea to kill and die for.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

This is the result of the peaceful demonstrations. A Minneapolis manufacturing company has decided to leave the city, with the company's owner saying he can't trust public officials who allowed his plant to burn during the recent riots. The move will cost the city about 50 jobs.

Manufacturer that burned as Minneapolis protests turned violent plans to relocate from city
'They didn't protect our people,' 7-Sigma owner says of city officials.

A Minneapolis manufacturing company has decided to leave the city, with the company's owner saying he can't trust public officials who allowed his plant to burn during the recent riots. The move will cost the city about 50 jobs.

"They don't care about my business," said Kris Wyrobek, president and owner of 7-Sigma Inc., which has operated since 1987 at 2843 26th Av. in south Minneapolis. "They didn't protect our people. We were all on our own."

Wyrobek said the plant, which usually operates until 11 p.m., shut down about four hours early on the first night of the riots because he wanted to keep his workers out of harm's way. He said a production supervisor and a maintenance worker who live in the neighborhood became alarmed when fire broke out at the $30 million Midtown Corner affordable housing apartment complex that was under construction next door.

"The fire engine was just sitting there," Wyrobek said, "but they wouldn't do anything."

Frey said Monday that he was unaware of 7-Sigma's decision to move, and he declined to say whether the company's decision reflects the challenges facing city leaders as they try to convince business owners to rebuild in Minneapolis. Many business owners have criticized the city, saying their pleas for help went unanswered.

Frey said the city was overwhelmed by the riots. He said every fire truck was operating during the protests.

"This was a Guard-sized crisis and demanded a Guard-sized response," Frey said. "And once we had the full presence of the National Guard — which by the way hasn't been deployed since World War II — there was a significantly different result."

The city's first survey of property damage shows that nearly 1,000 commercial properties in Minneapolis were damaged during the riots, including 52 businesses that were completely destroyed and 30 other locations that sustained severe damage.

Owners and insurance experts estimate the costs of the damage could exceed $500 million. That would make the Twin Cities riots the second-costliest civil disturbance in U.S. history, trailing only those in Los Angeles in 1992, which were also sparked by racial tensions with police and had $1.4 billion in damages in today's dollars.

To accelerate the recovery, Frey announced Monday the creation of Minneapolis Forward: Community Now Coalition, which includes representatives of local business and community groups. Frey said the group will seek input from black residents and business owners to make sure rebuilding efforts accommodate their needs.

"George Floyd moved to Minneapolis for a fresh start," Frey said. "In honoring his memory and generations of black people who have been victimized before him, we will rebuild as a stronger, more equitable and more inclusive city."

Frey said the coalition will seek financial help from a broad range of private and public partners, but he refused to say how much money the city of Minneapolis is willing to commit to the rebuilding effort, saying that would be "premature." He said the group does not yet have a fundraising goal.

"The city will need to do its part, as well," said Frey, noting that he will request that any new permits or license be "expedited as much as possible."

Wyrobek said it is too late to keep his company in the city. 7-Sigma is a leader in the production of precision rollers used in high-speed printing systems used to produce bank statements and social security checks.

When asked if he thought of relocating before the riots, Wyrobek said, "not in my wildest nightmare." On Monday, he was sorting through the remnants of his business, figuring out how to get up and running again.

"We are cautiously optimistic we can do that," he said. "But we are certainly not able to do that in Minneapolis."

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

:nono: Shameful. I hope that people in London and in England are going to protest.
Black Lives Matter supporters compile a hit list of 60 UK 'racist statues' they want pulling down as Sadiq Khan calls for ALL London's slave trader landmarks to be removed

Black Lives Matter supporters have identified 60 UK statues they want removed for 'celebrating slavery and racism' after the Bristol monument to Edward Colston was destroyed, it was revealed today.

Some of Briton's most famous people are on the hit list including imperialist Cecil Rhodes and slave traders Sir John Cass, William Beckford, Robert Milligan, Sir Thomas Guy with activists demanding they are all 'removed so that Britain can finally face the truth about its past'.

The interactive map, called 'topple the racists', was set up by the Stop Trump Coalition in support of the Black Lives Matter movement and the topplers of Edward Colston, and lists 60 statues, plaques and monuments in more than 30 towns and cities across the UK.

The online list can be added to by the public and well-known names include King James II, King Charles II, Oliver Cromwell, Horatio Nelson, Sir Francis Drake, Sir Robert Peel and Lord Kitchener.

Activists will today set their sights on the monument to British imperialist Cecil Rhodes in Oxford, where thousands started to gather ahead of a 5pm rally holding placards reading: 'Rhodes you're next' and 'Rhodes must fall'.

Today Oxford City Council's leader Susan Brown wrote to Oriel College inviting them to apply for planning permission to remove the statue, after 26 councillors signed a letter saying it is 'incompatible' with the city's 'commitment to anti-racism'.

Sadiq Khan today called for the removal of all slave trader statues in the capital as he promised to personally 'review and improve' the diversity of the capital's landmarks. The Mayor of London has launched his own Commission for Diversity in the Public Realm after Black Lives Matter protesters pulled down the monument to Edward Colston in Bristol and hurled it in the city's harbour.

Mayor Khan today said he wouldn't 'pre-empt' the commission's findings on the suitability of London's street names, murals, statues and memorials, but admitted he would like any statues of slave traders removed in London and to build more 'people of colour, black people, women, those from the LGBT community'.

But he said he did not think statues such as of Sir Winston Churchill's in Parliament Square should be included in the review it was tagged with 'racist' on Sunday. He said Londoners needed to be educated about famous figures 'warts and all' and that 'nobody was perfect', including the likes of Churchill, Gandhi and Malcolm X.

[--]

Andrew Rosindell, MP for Romford, told MailOnline: 'I think the Mayor of London should be focusing on issues that matter to Londoners. Like the bankrupt TFL, the recent crime wave and many other issues.

'Ripping down our history is not something the Mayor was elected to do. Our history is who we are and you can find something bad in everything, be it prime ministers or anyone. The idea of going around London tearing down statues and renaming streets is absurd.

'He is pandering to a politically correct gang of anarchists who hate everything about this country - they are anti-British.'

Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

Oops .... racism or vendetta?

Former co-worker: George Floyd and Derek Chauvin bumped heads while working security at Minneapolis nightclub

George Floyd and Derek Chauvin reportedly “bumped heads” while working security together at a nightclub years before their fatal encounter.

A onetime coworker at El Nuevo Rodeo on Lake Street in south Minneapolis revealed the duo’s purported shaky history in an interview with CBS News. Pinney told CBS that Chauvin “knew him… pretty well,” referring to Floyd.

The tension, David Pinney told the outlet, “has a lot to do with Derek being extremely aggressive within the club with some of the patrons, which was an issue.”

The owner of the club, Maya Santamaria, had previously told local outlet KSTP that Floyd and Chauvin overlapped shifts on popular music nights within the last year.

Santamaria said that Chauvin stood guard outside, acting as the nighspot’s “off-duty police” for 17 years, while Floyd worked inside.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/george-floyd ... orker-says" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Abraham= H'ammu'rab(b)i, Historical Muhammad=Benjamin of Tiberias. Theological: Mahmud from Najran Islam: Syncretic Israelite Yahwishm Deity: nameless, epithets Dsr, El Qutbay, ʼAlâhâ, Allāh. Ka'ba: Kutha => Samaria => Petra=> Makkah. Hijrah 622: Petra => Kerak

pr126

Post by pr126 »

Islam: an idea to kill and die for.