Origins of Islam examined

Prove Islam is from God, why it is the 'One True Religion'.
Fernando

Re: Origins of Islam examined

Post by Fernando »

I'm afraid you've lost me there, Takeiteasynow. But I thought that social "science" always was pseudoscience, the moment it got beyond statistical observation.
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Hombre

Post by Hombre »

Egyptian TV Host Kicks Atheist Out of Studio, Recommending Psychiatric Treatment.

(The poor guy was trying to explain the creation of the universe by means of the Big Bang theory & scientific discoveries. SAM's uncles and Imam tell him to get Psychiatric Treatment. :wot:

Your take SAM or mughal. Lets read your wisdom.

Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

Fernando wrote:I'm afraid you've lost me there, Takeiteasynow. But I thought that social "science" always was pseudoscience, the moment it got beyond statistical observation.
Well yes, I decoded my own text and here's the new version.

Like Mecca, Jerusalem is the product of (a) transposition(s). Where Mecca is a late Petra clone Jerusalem is the sum of multiple Yahwist traditions, a merger. It was designed to become the center of Yahwism which needed a minor rewrite of the HB and some liturgy.
Samarian* tradition + Sela tradition = Jerusalem Judaism
Samaria was the only place which could sustain an extended literal tradition using multiple languages - in and around Sela you find all what the HB and liturgy mentions: God as a rock, as fortress, (golden) throne, Jacobs Ladder, 'Stairways to Heaven', high places etc.. This reconstruction starts with replacing good old Maccabees with the Ethiopian version.

And it becomes real easy to locate most places an cities mentioned in the HB places. With an exception for Zion (that's not Bozrah, but probably Samaria's citadel).

* Samarian, not Samaritan.
Abraham= H'ammu'rab(b)i, Historical Muhammad=Benjamin of Tiberias. Islam: Syncretic Israelite Yahwishm Deity: nameless, epithets Dsr, El Qutbay, ʼAlâhâ, Allāh. Ka'ba: Kutha => Samaria => Petra=> Makkah. Hijrah 622: Petra => Kerak

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Thanks. But you've exposed another gap in my knowledge: I didn't realise that Samarians and Samaritans were different. :clueless:
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

Fernando wrote:Thanks. But you've exposed another gap in my knowledge: I didn't realise that Samarians and Samaritans were different. :clueless:
Well, according to 'Encyclopedia Brittanica' it's a priest class that left Jerusalem to start their own Jewish cult. But why would they do that just outside Samaria which had its own Yahwist cult and temple? And why is there only one difference between their Pentateuch and the first five books of the Hebrew Bible? (location holey mount). It doesn't make much sense. So perhaps Samaritans are Samarians. Let's refine this possibility in a couple of posts.
Abraham= H'ammu'rab(b)i, Historical Muhammad=Benjamin of Tiberias. Islam: Syncretic Israelite Yahwishm Deity: nameless, epithets Dsr, El Qutbay, ʼAlâhâ, Allāh. Ka'ba: Kutha => Samaria => Petra=> Makkah. Hijrah 622: Petra => Kerak

Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

Jacob left Beersheba and set out for Harran. 11 When he reached a certain place, he stopped for the night because the sun had set. Taking one of the stones there, he put it under his head and lay down to sleep. 12 He had a dream in which he saw a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven,
Jacob's Ladder is a ladder leading to heaven that was featured in a dream the biblical Patriarch Jacob had during his flight from his brother Esau in the Book of Genesis. Why do we find so many staircases leading to nowhere or a blue sky around Petra and Sela?

Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

According to a Babylonian king Edom once stretched from South-Arabia to Aram (modern Syria). Paleo-Hebrew as found in Samaria is identical to Edomite script. Recent excavations show that Idumea was always part of Edom.

This means that Jerusalem was either on the tip of Edom's northwestern border or simply part of it. Knowing that the Yahwist worship in Samaria derived from Teman or southern Edom, that Jerusalem's temple was identical to those in other places (stretching from Northern Syria to Elephantine on the Egypt-Sudan border), it is safe to assume that Jerusalem was always part of Edom until the split with Samaria west of the Arabah and Yuda east of the Arabah. In the OT the Kingdom of Samaria was renamed to Israel.

And then the Nabataean kingdom started expanding.....

Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

We're happy to introduce a happy mountain that has been neglected by mainstream historians and archeologists for so long but one that plays a crucial role in the development of Abrahamism. It's the holy mountain of the Amorites and final piece of our grand theory on Abrahamism: the Jebel al-Bishri

This 'Mountain of the Amorites' is located in a mountain range west of the Tigris river in Syria and was the original homeland of major Amorite tribes.

So what does this happy mountain do?
1) It relates the Babylonian traditions to the Levant
2) It explains the geographical distribution of Yahwist traditions over Syria, Jordan and Israel
3) it connects with the Dionysian legends and creation myths through its Hom's branch
4) It maps specifically to certain 'Baalistic', Yahwist traditions mentioned in the Hebrew Bible and Uguratic scriptures. It maps also to specific featurs of the Ka'ba.
5) It maps the late Bronze Age to Iron I.

And as Amorites migrated, away from their holy mount in Syria, towards new territories in Jordan, Israel and Mesopotamia, they took the concept of their holy mount along the road. If no flattened mountain was available they would simply build a replacement to reach to the skies - some call it Ziggurats.

Hombre

Post by Hombre »

Takeiteasynow
thank you for the in-depth analysis - very interesting & informative.

Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

Well... in-depth? The latest posts were nothing more than summaries.

But the Jebel al-Bishri is the perfect fit for combining all threads were the origin of Islam and Abrahamism. It's the perfect root container* to understand the religious transitions between Mesopotamia, Assyria and the Levant as it is central to Harran, Mari, Palmyra and Ebla. Finnish research on 'Jebel al-Bishri' indicates that the god-of-the-mountain ceremonial worship in this region predates the introduction other root gods in Levant or Mesopotamia, having identical qualities, with approximately 1000 years.

Even more significant is that Mari and Harran are essential to Islamic and Abrahamic concepts. Apart from comparable verbal forms, the Mari texts also furnish some clues as to how a divine name such as Yahweh might have risen.

A theophoric usage of yahweh is best known in Amorite personal names and, in so far as early Canaanite is concerned, examples are restricted to a place name in Egyptian topographical lists and to a learned lexicographical text from Ugarit. And the Mari texts provide many more clues.

And let's not forget Abraham. The move of the Amorites into Mesopotamia coincided with Abram’s call into Canaan. Through Harran, Mari and Jebel al-Bishri - coming from Ur, the first city conquered by the Amorites where they build an artificial mud brick mountain that has some of the same core astronomical alignments of the Ka'ba and shares the same specifications ('center of the four quarters', 'place where earth and heaven meet').

The Amorites - the carriers of the oral tradition - really bring it all. With Abraham featuring as the most famous Amorite of all time - joining all believers in a single empire stretching from Egypt to Persia.