Muslim questions on Christianity

Does God exist? Is Allah God? Creation vs. evolution.
Is Religion needed? Logic vs. faith. Morality and ethics.
manfred

Muslim questions on Christianity

Post by manfred »

SAM wrote:In Islamic teachings if anyone wants debate, discussion and arguments, especially religious issues, they must be willing and prepare to answer questions when asked.

SAM, You had ALL your questions replied to you ever asked here. Your "ridicule" is merely an exhibition of your inability to process the information supplied. It appears whenever you decide that you cannot deal with something.

And here are some questions you failed to deal with:

1) Why do dogs bark?
2) What colour is the wind?
3) How do you make a mirror from a brick?
4) How much tea fits into a full cup?
5) So tell me how you open the gateless gate?
6) What is your original face before you were born?
7) When you can do nothing, what can you do?
8) When the many are reduced to one, to what is the one reduced?
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

SAM

Re: I am disappointed with the muslims in the forum.

Post by SAM »

manfred wrote:You had ALL your questions replied to you ever asked here. Your "ridicule" is merely an exhibition of your inability to process the information supplied. It appears whenever you decide that you cannot deal with something.

And here are some questions you failed to deal with:

1) Why do dogs bark?
2) What colour is the wind?
3) How do you make a mirror from a brick?
4) How much tea fits into a full cup?
5) So tell me how you open the gateless gate?
6) What is your original face before you were born?
7) When you can do nothing, what can you do?
8) When the many are reduced to one, to what is the one reduced?
:lotpot:

:threadjacked: :spam: :ot: :trolls:
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.
Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance."
(2:120)

manfred

Post by manfred »

I see still no answer. But you are proving my point,

SAM

Post by SAM »

manfred wrote:I see still no answer. But you are proving my point,
You still haven't answered my last question, did you see the image of the invisible God the Father through Jesus' face?.. :yuk:
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.

manfred

Post by manfred »

You did not ask me, but Frankie I think. Anyway, if it pleases you....

You see something of God in every person, SAM. even you. In Jesus you see something about God that is not readily seen in others.

SAM

Post by SAM »

manfred wrote:You did not ask me, but Frankie I think. Anyway, if it pleases you....

You see something of God in every person, SAM. even you. In Jesus you see something about God that is not readily seen in others.
You can't see something in everyone that you don't know 'what it is' from God, that's why you say Jesus is different from the others.

manfred

Post by manfred »

It is through Jesus that we can see something about God. And I CAN say what it is, SAM: it is goodness. God is ultimate, unconditional love. That is what we see glimpses of in others. In everyone. The extent of this divine love was shown to us through the life of Jesus. That is how he is different.

When Genesis says man is created in the image or God, it does not mean that God has eyes and ears like we do,it means there is something of the NATURE of God found in man. In some people this really is shining through, other people tried their hardest to hide it.

When are you most like God, SAM? When you do in some small way do as God does. When are you least like God, SAM? When you do what is abhorrent to God.

Now.... what was the topic again SAM?

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

The HB states that when man "became like one of us" he had gained knowledge of good and evil (after eating from the tree). This means that humans being "like God" or in His image is about knowledge, which the Quran explicitly states was ingrained in man from the beginning, not hidden from him in a forbidden tree as per the interpolated HB.
As the "serpent" says in Genesis
"For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
As to unconditional love, the Quran, HB and even the Greek Testament through the mouth of Jesus, all define God's love as conditional on a person's willful spiritual choices
Prov8:17"I will love those who love me, and those who seek me eagerly will find me"
Prov15:9"The way of a wicked man is an abomination of the Lord, but He loves him who pursues righteousness"
However it is no surprise that Christians specifically might believe in the baseless notion of unconditional divine love. Jesus, like all prophets represented God's will, and since most of his miracles were compassionate in nature, his followers too, as noted in the Quran, became particularily tender hearted and empathetic
and We put in the hearts of those who followed him kindness and mercy;
As they became so, they began interpreting the scritpures, as well as Jesus' mission through these glasses, while in fact Jesus himself never loved nor prayed for his rejecters and oppressors who persecuted and put him and his handful of powerless followers in a corner, ultimately brutaly murdering them, but he consoled his companions by telling them to hold fast, for the time is surely coming that God would bring forth his justice and judgement in this world through the Paraclete, and that further, Jesus' name will be honored in a world where neither he or his apostles werent given any.

At best, he only forgave those who wronged others.

manfred

Post by manfred »

Proverbs are a Jewish collection of traditions, not from the NT.
And you are drawing conclusions from things it does NOT say....
Prov8:17"I will love those who love me, and those who seek me eagerly will find me"
Prov15:9"The way of a wicked man is an abomination of the Lord, but He loves him who pursues righteousness"
"I will love those who love me" does not mean "I will hate those who don't." Did you ever read the story of the lost sheep?

The fundamental Christian message is about Good Friday and Easter. This is God's revelation of his love. And this is the part that Islam carefully removed. The Muslim God only cares for Muslims, and only if they do as Mohammed says.

The Christian God offers salvation to all humans who are willing to accept it. It is a free invitation. However, God also allows people a choice, Nobody is forced to accept the invitation.

And the thing "stolen" by man in the Genesis story, ironically would be his merely for the asking.

OK, but I really must insist we stick to topics. Any Muslim who wants to discuss Christianity should start a thread on it.

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

@manfred

Sure, proverbs is the HB and is clear; God loves certain people, not everyone and not unconditionally.

As to the Quran, regardless of the personal choice of creed, God guides and approves of anyone sincerely seeking guidance.

manfred

Post by manfred »

Eagle wrote:@manfred

Sure, proverbs is the HB and is clear; God loves certain people, not everyone and not unconditionally.

As to the Quran, regardless of the personal choice of creed, God guides and approves of anyone sincerely seeking guidance.
So if you say you love your wife it mean you hate everyone else?

You are trying to tell Christians what their teachings are, it seems.

And I would like to see where the Qur'an (and not in abrogated parts) is tolerant of other religions....

Eagle

Re: Muslim questions on Christianity

Post by Eagle »

The statement doesnt speak of anyone but of "those who love me". This leaves out those who dont. The wife parallel doesnt apply since the verse is not speaking of a person in particular but of all people, and defining God's love as being applicable to a group among them, not all.

manfred

Post by manfred »

Eagle wrote:The statement doesnt speak of anyone but of "those who love me". This leaves out those who dont. The wife parallel doesnt apply since the verse is not speaking of a person in particular but of all people, and defining God's love as being applicable to a group among them, not all.
That is not what it says, you are spinning it. Again, if you say I like those who read books. Does that mean you hate anyone not reading books.
I will love those who love me
This leaves out those who dont.
wrong.

Where does it say "I will not love who do not love me?" If it is not there it is your reading which on the whole is not supported by biblical texts nor by Christian teaching.

In fact, what the extent of God's love become clearer and clearer as you read the WHOLE message:

Here are some of HUNDREDS of references on that topic, and here are a couple:

How precious is your unfailing love, O God! - Psalm 36:7

You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you. - Psalm 86:5

But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness. - Psalm 86:15

Give thanks to the God of heaven, for his steadfast love endures forever. - Psalm 136:26
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Nobody is making assumptions as to God's "emotions" to those that dont love him.

Proverbs defines the characteristic of those who are the recipients of God's love. Basic reading skills then imply that anyone not possessing that specific characteristic is ruled out from receiving that love. And this is what is consistent with the Biblical message. God is "abounding in love" not to anyone but "to all who call to you". These specific ones are the subject of His "unfailing love". That is why, as already said, you wont find Jesus, even in the interpolated Greek Testament, applying this fabricated idea of unconditional divine love.

As to Romans, sure one can be a sinner and still receive God's love, so long as one calls upon Him first and loves Him first.

Why would God need Christ's murder for Him to forgive sins, something He always did before?

manfred

Post by manfred »

Why would God need Christ's murder for Him to forgive sins, something He always did before?
He wouldn't.

The issue is that mankind needed to know just how far God would go to forgive our sins. "There, there, I forgive you...." is one thing. An ultimate act of love quite another.

frankie

Muslim questions on Christianity 2

Post by frankie »

Eagle wrote:
Hombre wrote:
Eagle wrote:This has no basis in the Quran of course.

The forceful, worldwide dominion of one religion above all others in this life isnt a Quranic concept, but a Biblical one that will occur in the Messianic Age. See Zech14 for example among messianic passages, relating how "utopian" the world will become once all other religions, along with those that keep practicing them despite the warnings, are wiped out and only the Jewish God is worshiped. This is not to mention that among the 613 commandements revealed at Sinai are the laws concerning the erradication of specific nations, and these are still binding upon the Jews up to this day due to their failure in executing these laws fully in the past Deut20:16,17,25:19.
Do HB & NT contain passages against unbelievers? - YES, they do. The difference however between these two books & the Quran has to do how Jews & Christians of today handle these passages. Mostly ignore them.

Last time a Rabbi & former member of Israeli Knesset named Meir Kahana who was citing passages of hate from the HB - calling on Jews to treat Arab-Muslims like Animals, he ended up with his political party was outright outlawed by Israeli Knesset. Subsequently, he was expelled from the country AND when he was assassinated in NYC by a Muslim zealous, no Jew shade tears for him.

As far I as see - you will not find any Christian clergy citing passages from the NT to persecute Jews, no longer blame them for "killing Jesus". Nor do we see or hear them yell - Yah-Le-Li-Lu "kill Muslims hiding behind trees and rocks "-

Unfortunately in the Islamic world one of the highest authorities in Islam - named Yusuf Al-Qardawi. Each night on Al Jazeera-Arabic this thug spews hatred of Jews & Christians watched by more than 40m viewers throughout the ME. Still, he is being heralded as "one of Islam's highest authorities"

How do you explain that?

SAMI O.K. O.K you can stop and turn around - no need to ride to Istanbul :horseride:
The phenomenon of Muslim violent intolerance to others, besides being statistically marginal and scripturally baseless, is a reaction, the indirect but happily approved creation of Judeo-Christian biblically endorsed oppression and destruction of other races and nations, which has been ongoing since its earliest days. The Judeo-Christian media uses and needs the fringe lunatics to further justify their policies, instead of giving voice to the truthful and genuine Muslims that constitute the vast majority.
Just because one doesnt see violent images of Christian or Jewish leaders decapitating others, doesnt mean that people, especially Muslims, arent dying in the 100s daily from direct and indirect result of the Judeo-Christian battle to shape world geopolitics in accordance with their ultimate aim, the domination of their system and ushering of their utopian messianic age. There is a reason why Jewish and Christian leaders see in Trump a reincarnation of Cyrus.

Eagle

Your own sources disagree with you,they show that Mohammed was a warmongering tyrant,who followed the culture of his time,i.e tribal warfare to gain booty and sex slaves for himself and his armies.

Nothing has changed,because Mohammed's example is for all time, you as a Muslim should be fighting along with the likes of ISIS,Boko Haram,etc to make Islam dominant just as your prophet did before you.

You like most Muslims refuse to accept the nasty parts of your faith, in favour of the sugar coated version fed to unsuspecting, ignorant non Muslims, which you cannot do on this Forum as all non Muslims who come on here are well versed in your fraudulent faith, and so cannot be deceived.

You Muslims mock the kuffar for being "deaf dumb and blind" to the alleged truth of Islam, when it is you who are the "deaf, dumb and blind "ones for falling for a con man like Mohammed.

Disagree, then explain Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 3159, 3160
In-book reference : Book 58, Hadith 3

in particular the highlighted parts.

Narrated Jubair bin Haiya:
`Umar sent the Muslims to the great countries to fight the pagans. When Al-Hurmuzan embraced Islam, `Umar said to him. "I would like to consult you regarding these countries which I intend to invade." Al-Hurmuzan said, "Yes, the example of these countries and their inhabitants who are the enemies. of the Muslims

is like a bird with a head, two wings and two legs; If one of its wings got broken, it would get up over its two legs, with one wing and the head; and if the other wing got broken, it would get up with two legs and a head, but if its head got destroyed, then the two legs, two wings and the head would become useless. The head stands for Khosrau, and one wing stands for Caesar and the other wing stands for Faris. So, order the Muslims to go towards Khosrau." So, `Umar sent us (to Khosrau) appointing An-Nu`man bin Muqrin as our commander. When we reached the land of the enemy, the representative of Khosrau came out with forty-thousand warriors, and an interpreter got up saying, "Let one of you talk to me!" Al-Mughira replied, "Ask whatever you wish." The other asked, "Who are you?" Al-Mughira replied, "We are some people from the Arabs; we led a hard, miserable, disastrous life: we used to suck the hides and the date stones from hunger; we used to wear clothes made up of fur of camels and hair of goats, and to worship trees and stones.

While we were in this state, the Lord of the Heavens and the Earths, Elevated is His Remembrance and Majestic is His Highness, sent to us from among ourselves a Prophet whose father and mother are known to us. Our Prophet, the Messenger of our Lord, has ordered us to fight you till you worship Allah Alone or give Jizya (i.e. tribute); and our Prophet has informed us that our Lord says:-- "Whoever amongst us is killed (i.e. martyred), shall go to Paradise to lead such a luxurious life as he has never seen, and whoever amongst us remain alive, shall become your master.

" (Al-Mughira, then blamed An-Nu`man for delaying the attack and) An-Nu' man said to Al-Mughira, "If you had participated in a similar battle, in the company of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) he would not have blamed you for waiting, nor would he have disgraced you. But I accompanied Allah's Apostle in many battles and it was his custom that if he did not fight early by daytime, he would wait till the wind had started blowing and the time for the prayer was due (i.e. after midday).

Sahih Al Bukhari Vol 004, Book 052, Hadith Number 196.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By Abu Huraira : Allah 's Apostle said, " I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, 'None has
the right to be worshipped but Allah,' and whoever says, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,' his life and
property will be saved by me except for Islamic law, and his accounts will be with Allah, (either to punish him or to forgive him.)

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

A postman's murder of his son doesnt increase his credibility for the same job hes always been doing. How does that amount to anything besides injustice?

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

frankie wrote:
Eagle wrote:This has no basis in the Quran of course.

The forceful, worldwide dominion of one religion above all others in this life isnt a Quranic concept, but a Biblical one that will occur in the Messianic Age. See Zech14 for example among messianic passages, relating how "utopian" the world will become once all other religions, along with those that keep practicing them despite the warnings, are wiped out and only the Jewish God is worshiped. This is not to mention that among the 613 commandements revealed at Sinai are the laws concerning the erradication of specific nations, and these are still binding upon the Jews up to this day due to their failure in executing these laws fully in the past Deut20:16,17,25:19.

The phenomenon of Muslim violent intolerance to others, besides being statistically marginal and scripturally baseless, is a reaction, the indirect but happily approved creation of Judeo-Christian biblically endorsed oppression and destruction of other races and nations, which has been ongoing since its earliest days. The Judeo-Christian media uses and needs the fringe lunatics to further justify their policies, instead of giving voice to the truthful and genuine Muslims that constitute the vast majority.
Just because one doesnt see violent images of Christian or Jewish leaders decapitating others, doesnt mean that people, especially Muslims, arent dying in the 100s daily from direct and indirect result of the Judeo-Christian battle to shape world geopolitics in accordance with their ultimate aim, the domination of their system and ushering of their utopian messianic age. There is a reason why Jewish and Christian leaders see in Trump a reincarnation of Cyrus.
frankie wrote:Eagle

Your own sources disagree with you,they show that Mohammed was a warmongering tyrant,who followed the culture of his time,i.e tribal warfare to gain booty and sex slaves for himself and his armies.

Nothing has changed,because Mohammed's example is for all time, you as a Muslim should be fighting along with the likes of ISIS,Boko Haram,etc to make Islam dominant just as your prophet did before you.

You like most Muslims refuse to accept the nasty parts of your faith, in favour of the sugar coated version fed to unsuspecting, ignorant non Muslims, which you cannot do on this Forum as all non Muslims who come on here are well versed in your fraudulent faith, and so cannot be deceived.

You Muslims mock the kuffar for being "deaf dumb and blind" to the alleged truth of Islam, when it is you who are the "deaf, dumb and blind "ones for falling for a con man like Mohammed.

Disagree, then explain Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 3159, 3160
In-book reference : Book 58, Hadith 3

in particular the highlighted parts.

Narrated Jubair bin Haiya:
`Umar sent the Muslims to the great countries to fight the pagans. When Al-Hurmuzan embraced Islam, `Umar said to him. "I would like to consult you regarding these countries which I intend to invade." Al-Hurmuzan said, "Yes, the example of these countries and their inhabitants who are the enemies. of the Muslims

is like a bird with a head, two wings and two legs; If one of its wings got broken, it would get up over its two legs, with one wing and the head; and if the other wing got broken, it would get up with two legs and a head, but if its head got destroyed, then the two legs, two wings and the head would become useless. The head stands for Khosrau, and one wing stands for Caesar and the other wing stands for Faris. So, order the Muslims to go towards Khosrau." So, `Umar sent us (to Khosrau) appointing An-Nu`man bin Muqrin as our commander. When we reached the land of the enemy, the representative of Khosrau came out with forty-thousand warriors, and an interpreter got up saying, "Let one of you talk to me!" Al-Mughira replied, "Ask whatever you wish." The other asked, "Who are you?" Al-Mughira replied, "We are some people from the Arabs; we led a hard, miserable, disastrous life: we used to suck the hides and the date stones from hunger; we used to wear clothes made up of fur of camels and hair of goats, and to worship trees and stones.

While we were in this state, the Lord of the Heavens and the Earths, Elevated is His Remembrance and Majestic is His Highness, sent to us from among ourselves a Prophet whose father and mother are known to us. Our Prophet, the Messenger of our Lord, has ordered us to fight you till you worship Allah Alone or give Jizya (i.e. tribute); and our Prophet has informed us that our Lord says:-- "Whoever amongst us is killed (i.e. martyred), shall go to Paradise to lead such a luxurious life as he has never seen, and whoever amongst us remain alive, shall become your master.

" (Al-Mughira, then blamed An-Nu`man for delaying the attack and) An-Nu' man said to Al-Mughira, "If you had participated in a similar battle, in the company of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) he would not have blamed you for waiting, nor would he have disgraced you. But I accompanied Allah's Apostle in many battles and it was his custom that if he did not fight early by daytime, he would wait till the wind had started blowing and the time for the prayer was due (i.e. after midday).

Narated By Abu Huraira : Allah 's Apostle said, " I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, 'None has
the right to be worshipped but Allah,' and whoever says, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,' his life and
property will be saved by me except for Islamic law, and his accounts will be with Allah, (either to punish him or to forgive him.)
I did not sugarcoat Jesus' identifying the spiritually deaf, dumb and blind Matt13:13-15 to unworthy dogs and pigs Matt7:6. And i wouldn't refuse fighting alongside the prophets Moses or David and exterminating whole nations save the women deemed good enough to be taken as wives or concubines regardless of them being married or not Deut21:10-17,Num31:17-18. After all, the entire earth will one day be forcefully bowing in submission to the Jewish God Zech14 so why hold back against these non believers?

As to the hadith, it is worthwhile mentioning that there is no basis for the caliphate with an ideology for territorial expansion in either the Quran or in prophetic traditions.

These wars did not happen under the prophet's authority. Neither the prophet nor the Quran approve of unprovoked aggression. The life and wars of the prophet testify to this.

The first aim of the Prophet's military missions was to weaken the Quraysh by cutting off their caravan routes to al Sham through alliances with the various tribes along this route, thus forming a dissuasive blockade cutting of their trade routes. One would think, had his objective been to ambush passing caravans and raid them, as David harassed and raided the natives of Canaan who had escaped until now the sword of the Israelites destroying men and women but keeping the spoils 1Sam27:8-9, that he should have on the contrary lured them into using this route instead of dissuading them.
He also had to send missions in order to seek protective alliances against the constant invasion threats by the Meccans, furious that Muhammad had slipped away from them in Mecca and that Islam was rapidly growing in Medina. The number of fighters sent to these first expeditions compared to the ennemy forces proves the aim was not to attack, or seize Quraysh goods in retaliation for the goods which the Quraysh had seized from them. In none of the prophet's expeditions was there any question of looting, plundering or deliberatly aggressing innocents. The expeditions were sent out either to make alliances with neighboring tribes, or they were reconnaissance patrols because of the constant threats reaching Medina that the Meccans might strike any day.
It was also an occasion to show some military capabilities to the Medinites spies and hypocrites among the Muslims. These were the first to profess faith in Islam each time it gained some success through the efforts of the prophet and his companions but they were the first to run and hide as soon as Islam had a 'set-back'. The first military campaigns also served as a way to silence the constant plotting of the Jews.

Sure Muslims for a certain period of time after the prophet's death expanded their territory but even then, as per the subject of the discussion, and as even stated in that Khosrau hadith you brought, these conquests didnt have for objective the religious subjugation of those nations. They are given a choice, a bit reminiscent of the divinely sanctionned wars of "national glory" ie not in self-defense, in which case a random nation is given the choice between a "peaceful" surrender, that would result in the enslavement and taxation of its population, or in case of their rejection of the "peace offer", a military subjugation resulting in the execution of all adult males, the capture as spoils of war of their women, children, and livestock Deut20:10-14 and should it be necessary to completely subdue that nation 2Kings3:19"you shall fell every good tree, and you shall stop up all springs of water, and you shall clutter every good field with stones". In the land of Canaan, those natives that werent driven out or exterminated as per the Torah's injunctions during the invasion, were subdued into slavery Josh17:13. Their descendants suffered the same faith under Solomon's rule 1Kings9:20-1.

All the above from the HB was cited only to contrast what is divinely sanctioned and what is not.

frankie

Post by frankie »

Eagle

As to the hadith, it is worthwhile mentioning that there is no basis for the caliphate with an ideology for territorial expansion in either the Quran or in prophetic traditions.
Why did Mohammed claim he had been ordered to fight anyone, if Islam is not about world domination for its god Allah.

manfred

Post by manfred »

A postman's murder of his son doesnt increase his credibility for the same job hes always been doing. How does that amount to anything besides injustice?
The proof that a postman has delivered a letter is that the recipient has it. Easy to check.

How do you prove you love someone completely and unconditionally?
How does God really show us what he sees in us?

For the Islamic god mankind is a pool for servants and torture objects. Allah enjoys making people suffer. But you can bribe Allah to spare you with rituals or by murdering non-Muslims. Maybe if Mohammed had not been so full of his own importance and had actually investigated the magnitude of the what the crucifixion meant, he would not have created quite such a monstrosity and called it the "true religion".

The Christian God could not be more different.