facebook

For topics which do not fit into any of the other categories.
manfred

facebook

Post by manfred »

Anyone has any experience with facebook? I only use it very rarely to chat with friends in Indonesia and share anecdotes. It's a private group so it does not get a lot of trouble, because only about a dozen people ever see it.

But I read there are more and more interventions some by "pressure groups" and also advertisers. I hear that recently there has been a "crack down" on pretty much anything that may possibly upset people.

Maybe people like to share their views and and experiences regarding facebook?

On a more ridiculous note,

an OAP from England posted a clip about owls hatching... it was removed because of "nudity", TWICE! Apparently baby owls are expected to wear clothing when appearing on facebook ....
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/p ... m-22325061" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

Ariel

Re: facebook

Post by Ariel »

I have facebook. And like you, I hardly use it. So, I do not have any unpleasant experience with it.

I found out though, it is better for me not to read the comments under a post if someone has changed his profile picture.

Comments like :
How beautiful you look.
You look great girl,
Hartje...
love you girl.
go.go. go girl. You look amazing
:(
etcetera , etcetera.

I use messenger to keep in tough with family and friends to send them pictures and a short message.
I like messenger.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.