Welcome Anonymous, It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:54 am                    >>Main Site<<

translation tool SDL how accurate is it?

For topics which do not fit into any of the other categories.

translation tool SDL how accurate is it?

Postby ygalg » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:31 pm

SDL translator tool been exploited by muslims to prove Muhammad in the bible claim.

although I have already refer to in the other thread. third post.

yeezevee PM me a link to video where this presented and sought that it need further demonstration how accurate the tool is in regard Hebrew.

here is the link to the translator engine http://www.freetranslation.com/

from English to Hebrew. results:

Muhammad = מוחמד an accurate result with the vowel waw ו

pet = לפק strange three letters combination which non existent word. instead two optional words ליטוף (fondling - 'lituf') or מחמד (pet - machmad) regarding home animals

delight = האה another non existent word.

lovely = חמוד hamud which gave only one optional result cute

now I try Hebrew to English. results:

מחמד = machmad which means pet or lovely etc

but it gave me only one option Muhammad. even ignored the missing vowel. although is not a mistake. its not formal. the rule on foreign words, is that you can use the vowel or miss it. or the use of the word turk with tav ת or tet ט. two different T. exceptional only for foreign words.

חמד = chamad means covet but it gave the word Hamed wrong transliteration instead translation.

now all these words I will try with Babylon On line Translation which developed by Israeli Company.

Muhammad = (ש"ע) מוחמד ( 632-570 לסה"נ) נביא האיסלם, נחשב כמייסד הדת האיסלמית (לפי אלה שאינם מוסלמים); שם פרטי ערבי לזכר; שם משפחה ערבי

not only translation of the word but even historical background for Hebrew readers. nothing anti islamic there. aside noting be the founder and a prophet of islam. also note its Arabic name.

pet = (ת') שמתייחסים אליו כאל חיית שעשועים, שמתייחסים אליו כאל חיה נאהבת; אהוב, חביב; המבטא חיבה

(ש"ע) חית שעשועים; חית מחמד

(פ') ללטף; לפנק; לגפף(סלנג)

טומוגרפיה ע"י פליטת פוזיטרונים, טכניקה של הדמיה רפואית המתבצעת ע"י הזרקת חומר עתיר פוזיטרונים לגוף והדמיית קרני הגאמא הנפלטות במשך פרק זמן של כשעתיים (רפואה)

everything about pets and cordialness. also medic info http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/PET

delight = (פ') לשמוח, להתענג, להנות; לענג, לגרום הנאה

(ש"ע) תענוג, הנאה; שמחה

joy, happiness, pleasure etc

lovely = (ש"ע) בחורה יפה (סלנג)

(ת') נעים, נחמד, חביב, חמוד; יפה; נפלא, נהדר

pleasant, wonderful, great, nice etc

מחמד = machmad = adj./n. beauty, charm; darling adj./n. sweetheart, darling; delight, charm

מוחמד = n. Muhammad

חמד = v. to covet, desire, lust for adj./n. beauty, charm; darling v. be desirable, covetable

as you can see Babylon provides a better results

my advice to muslims and the general crowd, use Babylon. it perhaps not the most accurate, definitely accurate than SDL. and the most invested.

here is the link: http://translation.babylon.com/
“a true believer as a person so fanatically committed to a cause that no amount of reality can make him abandon it” Eric Hoffer
ygalg

Re: translation tool SDL how accurate is it?

Postby Ibn Rushd » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:36 am

Thank you for the link.
De los sus ojos tan - fuertemente llorando,
Tornaba la cabeza - y estábalos catando.

Poema del mio Cid (lines 1-2)
Ibn Rushd

Postby CuteCoot » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:08 am

I once visited a synagogue that used Genesis 1:1 as a decorative frieze along the walls. The English version arrived toward the centre from the left end and the Hebrew version arrived toward the centre from the right. I loved that idea. The classic King James Version is, of course: "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." I've found a couple of different looking strings of Hebrew characters representing this verse.

So ygalg, is there a version you would recommend as "authentic"?

This is the one that seemed best to me:

ץראה תאו םימשה תא םיהלא ארב תישארב:

(I think that copied right but not sure with this script.)
CuteCoot

Postby ygalg » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:52 pm

Ibn Rushd wrote:Thank you for the link.

your welcome.
“a true believer as a person so fanatically committed to a cause that no amount of reality can make him abandon it” Eric Hoffer
ygalg

Postby ygalg » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:01 pm

CuteCoot wrote:I once visited a synagogue that used Genesis 1:1 as a decorative frieze along the walls. The English version arrived toward the centre from the left end and the Hebrew version arrived toward the centre from the right. I loved that idea. The classic King James Version is, of course: "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." I've found a couple of different looking strings of Hebrew characters representing this verse.

So ygalg, is there a version you would recommend as "authentic"?

This is the one that seemed best to me:

(I think that copied right but not sure with this script.)

someone I know from another site recommends http://www.mechon-mamre.org/index.htm

BTW the passage is mirror view I suggest to use the software LangOver 5 (another Israeli development) from this link:
http://langover.com/Download.aspx

this is how it been presented by you:

after LangOver 5
:בראשית ברא אלהים את השמים ואת הארץ
ygalg

Postby CuteCoot » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:32 pm

ygalg wrote:someone I know from another site recommends ...

thanks for that recommendation and for the software that stops the hebrew script from getting reversed :)
CuteCoot

Postby ygalg » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:59 pm

CuteCoot wrote:thanks for that recommendation and for the software that stops the hebrew script from getting reversed :)

glad to have been of help
ygalg

Return to Miscellaneous Topics