Religion of Peace -- where does it say that?

This forum is for critics of Islam to post information and questions on how to debate issues. It is not a place for the actual debate with Muslims, but a place to ask questions.
HerbM

Post by HerbM »

Seriously, if we pretend to ignore the atrocities, jihad, thought control, hell and damnation, submission/slavery to God and Muhammad, etc. where is there any significant evidence that Islam is about peace?

It's easy to find the evil themes but where exactly are the "good parts"?

I have been reading a lot of sources, which include the Qur'an itself, Hadith, various Sirah, etc. but other than a few small (and highly qualified) items there doesn't even seem to exist any such major theme (or minor them perhaps) in any of this.

Is "religion of peace" just another of the big lies in it's entirety?

If we were to ignore all of the other stuff, where would we find this other than it claims ABOUT Islam or as the result if everyone who wasn't a Muslim ceased to exist....?

Even this last part (peace among Mulsims) seems quite sparse and difficult to find beyond a few token verses. (And yes, these aren't really that peaceful when taken in context and explained but let's pretend to ignore that part for the sake of argument.)

The Qur'an is mostly rants about unbelievers, praise of Muhammad, warnings about damnation, mere claims for monotheism, calls to jihad/war, and rehashed & repetitive bible stories to make these points.

If we piled up all the "good parts" what would be have?

manfred

Re: Religion of Peace -- where does it say that?

Post by manfred »

The "religion of peace" thing really is quite a deliberate misrepresentation. Muslims use the idea that "Islam" shares a root with with "Salam" or "shalom" in Hebrew, and simply suggest because "salam" means peace Islam also means peace.

They omit to tell you that the whole point of derivation of words from roots is that you get DIFFERENT but related meanings from one "root".

"Islam" means submission or surrender, i.e. the peace that ensues due to defeat. It is the peace of the prison camp, not the peace of contented free people.

The deception used here is rather like saying that succeed and concede mean the same thing as both are derived from the Latin root word cedere.
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

Fernando

Re: Religion of Peace -- where does it say that?

Post by Fernando »

Let's face it, by removing the vowels and working from the roots, Muslims - as we have often seen on this forum - can just about make any word mean whatever they like.
Lewis Carroll wrote:"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master—that's all."
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah