Atheists - nothing wrong in Hinduism & Bhuddhism

Does God exist? Is Allah God? Creation vs. evolution.
Is Religion needed? Logic vs. faith. Morality and ethics.
Post Reply
User avatar
byteresistor
Posts: 1514
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:41 am

Re: Atheists - nothing wrong in Hinduism & Bhuddhism

Post by byteresistor »

Sten wrote:To me, this is exactly the same as a Muslim who refuses to condemn Mohammad - as a believer you are having the source of your morality challenged, and you cannot help but blindly agree to whatever your god is depicted to command, whether it be torture, mob lynching, incest, etc. It's either that, or admit that your god is not perfect, which is obviously unthinkable for you religious types.
It amazes me how some people are able to argue against Islam for example from a completely rational basis on an issue like this but when similar things are found in one's own religion/personal beliefs, the same rationale just isn't there anymore. Could somebody subscribing to this level of dishonesty and hypocrisy explain to me how this is not just pure and simple self delusion?

crazymonkie_
Posts: 1899
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:01 am

Re: Atheists - nothing wrong in Hinduism & Bhuddhism

Post by crazymonkie_ »

aceaxe2 wrote:Don't worry about it , it just a joke for Buddhist :lol: as science said they still eat living things .

My opinion about Buddha , Jesus and other philosopher who promote peace to the world are a great men :cool:
Oh, i knew you were joking. I caught that because of the smiley face you put in the post I replied to.

Still, I did decide to be serious, if only for the people who might have missed the fact that you were kidding around.

When it comes to vegetarianism, like Yohan pointed out, the point is to minimize harm. There are actually groups in the sub-continent (like the Jains) who are even more strict about it- you're not even supposed to accidentally harm anything... and some of the more strict groups of Jains refuse to travel by boat and plane because the movement of those things supposedly kill microorganisms (there's actually no evidence of that at all, and it's probably not true) and a very very few won't even wear clothes because THAT supposedly harms living things.

Buddhism is quite a bit more relaxed, and figures the universe/karmic laws to be a bit more forgiving and understanding of circumstances. Or to put it another way: Native Siberians or Inuits (Eskimos) could be Buddhist, because while Buddhism says you should AVOID harm, if it's not possible to do so, you shouldn't die from starvation or exposure, but they couldn't be Jains, because Jains say the opposite.

Anthony
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: Atheists - nothing wrong in Hinduism & Bhuddhism

Post by Anthony »

tejpat wrote:"Hinduism and Buddhism offer much more sophisticated worldviews (or philosophies) and I see nothing wrong with these religions"

by http://richarddawkins.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

source : http://richarddawkins.net/articles/2014 ... -religions
This remark is a remarkable. The first thing is the deduction that hinduism and buddism offer a worldview which is sophisticated. Do these two religion offer similar teaching. It as quite apparent to anyone studying religion that they do not offer same thing. Therefore, they shouldnt be or rather couldnt be any reconciliation between the two. So describing them inside the same bracket is an intellectual incapability, methinks.

Cheers

tejpat
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:08 am

Re: Atheists - nothing wrong in Hinduism & Bhuddhism

Post by tejpat »

Anthony wrote: This remark is a remarkable. The first thing is the deduction that hinduism and buddism offer a worldview which is sophisticated. Do these two religion offer similar teaching. It as quite apparent to anyone studying religion that they do not offer same thing. Therefore, they shouldnt be or rather couldnt be any reconciliation between the two. So describing them inside the same bracket is an intellectual incapability, methinks.

Cheers
I hope you are aware of all parts of Hinduism, all the philosophies included, before making such naive statements.
the topic doesn't portray that these 2 religions are THE only thing to follow.
rather one can choose the way he/she wants to live without harming others.
Bhuddism is the core points of Hinduism, leaving those weak points which were widely exploited.
Gautam bhuddha was not happy about the Wide mis usage of weaknesses of Hinduism like cast system, and he covered only essential ones in his ideology.
If any of the religions was from the all knowing genius creator, his religion and scripture should have been really smart as well, but none is. - Iffo

Anthony
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: Atheists - nothing wrong in Hinduism & Bhuddhism

Post by Anthony »

tejpat wrote: Bhuddism is the core points of Hinduism, leaving those weak points which were widely exploited.
.
What are the core points of hinduism?
Or rather what is the single more imporatnt part of hindu faith? Who is a Hindu?.
. I need to know these answers?\

tejpat
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:08 am

Re: Atheists - nothing wrong in Hinduism & Bhuddhism

Post by tejpat »

Anthony wrote: What are the core points of hinduism?
Or rather what is the single more imporatnt part of hindu faith? Who is a Hindu?.
. I need to know these answers?\
well, no westerners have properly understood Hinduism because they have seen Hinduism with their Abrahmic spectacles.
actually there is no word like religion in Hinduism.
It is not hinduism, its called Sanatan Dharma. the point of this clarification is Dharma = Righteousness, Sanatan = Eternal.
The name is Sanatan Dharma which constitutes many philosophies including Atheism, materialism, henotheism, naturalism, theism, monotheism, dualism, non-dualism, polytheism, pantheism, panentheism.
A Hindu is generally believes in Law of Karma = What goes around comes around = you reap what you sow
and may or may not believe in scriptures Veda, same goes to cycle of births, nirvana, all depends upon what one believes.
a hindu thrives to achieve righteousness in his life.
If any of the religions was from the all knowing genius creator, his religion and scripture should have been really smart as well, but none is. - Iffo

Anthony
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: Atheists - nothing wrong in Hinduism & Bhuddhism

Post by Anthony »

tejpat wrote: It is not hinduism, its called Sanatan Dharma. the point of this clarification is Dharma = Righteousness, Sanatan = Eternal.
Here we go. Its not hinduism. Sounds not funny though.
tejpat wrote:The name is Sanatan Dharma which constitutes many philosophies including Atheism, materialism, henotheism, naturalism, theism, monotheism, dualism, non-dualism, polytheism, pantheism, panentheism.
It means whatever you believe is sanatana dharma!! So everybody is following one or the other kind of sanatana dharma. Therefore, a person who has such great knowledge of hinduism as you should hail everybody-Muslims, christians, atheists. There is no scope to propagate anything of hinduism as there is nothing like it.

tejpat
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:08 am

Re: Atheists - nothing wrong in Hinduism & Bhuddhism

Post by tejpat »

Anthony wrote:
tejpat wrote: It is not hinduism, its called Sanatan Dharma. the point of this clarification is Dharma = Righteousness, Sanatan = Eternal.
Here we go. Its not hinduism. Sounds not funny though.
it is name given by people beyond indus river to the people living on indian side of indus river.
Anthony wrote:
tejpat wrote:The name is Sanatan Dharma which constitutes many philosophies including Atheism, materialism, henotheism, naturalism, theism, monotheism, dualism, non-dualism, polytheism, pantheism, panentheism.
It means whatever you believe is sanatana dharma!! So everybody is following one or the other kind of sanatana dharma. Therefore, a person who has such great knowledge of hinduism as you should hail everybody-Muslims, christians, atheists. There is no scope to propagate anything of hinduism as there is nothing like it.
that what happened in ancient India when people with different believes like christians and muslims came to propagate their Gods, they were all respected.we already had uncountable number of Gods and philosophies so it was not such a big issue.
But unlike in christian and muslims societies, hinduism was considered as various derogatory ways as even in this era we have seen many examples of such.
mere Yoga is called satanic in Christianity and Haram in islam.
If any of the religions was from the all knowing genius creator, his religion and scripture should have been really smart as well, but none is. - Iffo

Anthony
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: Atheists - nothing wrong in Hinduism & Bhuddhism

Post by Anthony »

tejpat wrote:
Anthony wrote:
tejpat wrote: It is not hinduism, its called Sanatan Dharma. the point of this clarification is Dharma = Righteousness, Sanatan = Eternal.
Here we go. Its not hinduism. Sounds not funny though.
it is name given by people beyond indus river to the people living on indian side of indus river.
Anthony wrote:
tejpat wrote:The name is Sanatan Dharma which constitutes many philosophies including Atheism, materialism, henotheism, naturalism, theism, monotheism, dualism, non-dualism, polytheism, pantheism, panentheism.
It means whatever you believe is sanatana dharma!! So everybody is following one or the other kind of sanatana dharma. Therefore, a person who has such great knowledge of hinduism as you should hail everybody-Muslims, christians, atheists. There is no scope to propagate anything of hinduism as there is nothing like it.
that what happened in ancient India when people with different believes like christians and muslims came to propagate their Gods, they were all respected.we already had uncountable number of Gods and philosophies so it was not such a big issue.
But unlike in christian and muslims societies, hinduism was considered as various derogatory ways as even in this era we have seen many examples of such.
mere Yoga is called satanic in Christianity and Haram in islam.
In short, hinnduism is no system. Its nothing. its not a religion. It does n
ot even have a common ground. It doesnt have any base. Its more like a chaos. Nothing to become proud of. Therefore, its simply a waste of time to talk about it. Hence, i bade adieu from this thread.

cheers.

tejpat
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:08 am

Re: Atheists - nothing wrong in Hinduism & Bhuddhism

Post by tejpat »

Anthony wrote: In short, hinnduism is no system. Its nothing. its not a religion. It does n
ot even have a common ground. It doesnt have any base. Its more like a chaos. Nothing to become proud of. Therefore, its simply a waste of time to talk about it. Hence, i bade adieu from this thread.

cheers.
there are many valuable philosophies and ideas that can change one's life.
but from your previous naive responses, i did make out you'll entertain your prejudiced point and will go away.
anyways, cheers.
If any of the religions was from the all knowing genius creator, his religion and scripture should have been really smart as well, but none is. - Iffo

Yohan
Posts: 2272
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Atheists - nothing wrong in Hinduism & Bhuddhism

Post by Yohan »

Anthony wrote:In short, hinnduism is no system. Its nothing. its not a religion. It does n
ot even have a common ground.
It doesnt have any base. Its more like a chaos. Nothing to become proud of. Therefore, its simply a waste of time to talk about it. Hence, i bade adieu from this thread.
You got it right on Hinduism. Even Hindus don't know what it is, as you can clearly see from the explanation of 'tejpat', a Hindu. They can't even agree on its name. tejpat claims it is Sanatan Dharma, but if anyone asks a Hindu, he will say he has never heard about it, but the real name is Hinduism.

Man, what a religion! :roflmao:

Now, regarding the underlined, there is 'one common ground' in Hinduism. That is the well known Caste system. Every subcontinental Hindu has it. Caste system has been the backbone of Hinduism for some 3000 years. But if one asks a Hindu like tejpat he would say, Hindus never had a caste system, but it was invented by the British rulers of India, and forced upon the Hindus only some 200 years ago. Why do a Hindu talk like this, you might ask? You see, Hindus are even ashamed of the only common ground they have.
Last edited by Yohan on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tejpat
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:08 am

Re: Atheists - nothing wrong in Hinduism & Bhuddhism

Post by tejpat »

Yohan wrote: You got it right on Hinduism. Even Hindus don't know what it is, as you can clearly see from the explanation of 'tejpat', a Hindu. They can't even agree on its name. tejpat claims it is Sanatan Dharma, but if anyone asks a Hindu, he will say he has never heard about it, but the real name is Hinduism.
There you go, a christian fanatic with stupid abrahmic specs on his nose.
on what basis, you have arrived on conclusion that many hindus don't know.
well, in fact many hindus do know what it means and what is called.
Yohan wrote:Man, what a religion! :roflmao:
Hinduism is not a religion, religion always divides people into believers and non-believers. just like pathetic downgraded Abrahmic religions where believers looks upon non-believers as immoral impure things that will burn in their Fairy tailed Eternal Hell.
Yohan wrote:Now, regarding the underlined, there is 'one common ground' in Hinduism. That is the well known Caste system. Every subcontinental Hindu has it. Caste system has been the backbone of Hinduism for some 3000 years. But if one asks a Hindu like tejpat he would say, Hindus never had a caste system, but it was invented by the British rulers of India, and forced upon the Hindus only some 200 years ago. Why do a Hindu behave like this, you might ask? You see, Hindus are even ashamed of the only common ground they have.
typical Abrahmic response.
show me any sentence in Veda that tell Hindus to downgrade shudras.
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8367" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
above link shows my response to caste system in veda.
I totally accept that there is present caste system and is totally wrong but then what about cathocolism, protestants mormons jevoha's witness and LDS.
each of them believe, the other will burn in Hell forever. Does that dont bother you at all.
there were large scale bloody wars between catholics and protestants , and that is ok for you in your fairy tale religion.
If any of the religions was from the all knowing genius creator, his religion and scripture should have been really smart as well, but none is. - Iffo

Yohan
Posts: 2272
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Atheists - nothing wrong in Hinduism & Bhuddhism

Post by Yohan »

tejpat wrote:Hinduism is not a religion, ----
Even the Indian constitution notes Hinduism as a religion. It does not even mention its nonsense name 'Sanatan Dharma'.
show me any sentence in Veda that tell Hindus to downgrade shudras.
Someone who is sufficiently knowledgeable in the history of Hinduism, knows why such is the case in the Vedas. You need to educate yourself on this, rather than revealing your own ignorance on this matter, in this forum. (I am not going to educate you.)

I doubt you are sufficiently well read in either the history of India or Hinduism to discuss it intelligently. Further, the sacred laws of Hinduism prohibit people of certain castes from describing or defending Hinduism, because they are supposedly ignorant on such matters. If you are one of those, please refrain.

tejpat
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:08 am

Re: Atheists - nothing wrong in Hinduism & Bhuddhism

Post by tejpat »

Yohan wrote:Even the Indian constitution notes Hinduism as a religion. It does not even mention its nonsense name 'Sanatan Dharma'.
Till this date, there is no proper definition of a Hindu.
one have christian, who believes in Jesus but for Hindu there is no proper definition because Religion is pathetic, derogatory system to divide humans just like abrahmic religions.
Yohan wrote:
tejpat wrote:show me any sentence in Veda that tell Hindus to downgrade shudras.
Someone who is sufficiently knowledgeable in the history of Hinduism, knows why such is the case in the Vedas. You need to educate yourself on this, rather than revealing your own ignorance on this matter, in this forum. (I am not going to educate you.)

I doubt you are sufficiently well read in either the history of India or Hinduism to discuss it intelligently. Further, the sacred laws of Hinduism prohibit people of certain castes from describing or defending Hinduism, because they are supposedly ignorant on such matters. If you are one of those, please refrain.
till now you were blabbering and yak yaking.
if a muslim cuts hands of thief, he can back his action by verses in his quran,
if a christian crowd stones to death a person who has worshipped other god than they back their claim on bible.(Deuteronomy 17:2-5)
BUT if your claiming hindu cast system is present in veda, and yet you FAILED MISERABLY to quote even a single verse from Veda that says behave such and such with shudras.
I totally agree that there is immoral cast system present and that is totally beacuse of hindus BUT it is not due to vedas.
Please educate yourself before making such baseless claims.
atleast inspire from the owner of this site - Ali Sina who backs his each claims unlike you who throws statements like a paper balls in dustbin.
If any of the religions was from the all knowing genius creator, his religion and scripture should have been really smart as well, but none is. - Iffo

User avatar
Sten
Posts: 3205
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:19 am

Re: Atheists - nothing wrong in Hinduism & Bhuddhism

Post by Sten »

byteresistor wrote:Could somebody subscribing to this level of dishonesty and hypocrisy explain to me how this is not just pure and simple self delusion?
When confronted with this realization, the silence of the believer speaks for itself.
The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.
- Carl Sagan

Yohan
Posts: 2272
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Atheists - nothing wrong in Hinduism & Bhuddhism

Post by Yohan »

tejpat wrote:
Yohan wrote:Even the Indian constitution notes Hinduism as a religion. It does not even mention its nonsense name 'Sanatan Dharma'.
Till this date, there is no proper definition of a Hindu.
one have christian, who believes in Jesus but for Hindu there is no proper definition because Religion is pathetic, derogatory system to divide humans just like abrahmic religions.
You need to inform the Indian government urgently, that Hinduism is not a religion, and that it needs to make changes to its constitution for it. No use in "blabbering and yak yaking" here!
tejpat wrote:till now you were blabbering and yak yaking.
if a muslim cuts hands of thief, he can back his action by verses in his quran,
if a christian crowd stones to death a person who has worshipped other god than they back their claim on bible.(Deuteronomy 17:2-5)
BUT if your claiming hindu cast system is present in veda, and yet you FAILED MISERABLY to quote even a single verse from Veda that says behave such and such with shudras.
I totally agree that there is immoral cast system present and that is totally beacuse of hindus BUT it is not due to vedas.
Please educate yourself before making such baseless claims.
atleast inspire from the owner of this site - Ali Sina who backs his each claims unlike you who throws statements like a paper balls in dustbin.
On one hand, you claim Hinduism is not at all like the Abrahmic religions that are called 'religions of the book'. Then on the other hand, you demand proof for things like caste system in Hinduism from a Hindu holy book, as one can do for Abrahmic religions. Do you see your own ignorance, and stupidity here? I bet you don't!

"Please educate yourself before making such baseless claims."

tejpat
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:08 am

Re: Atheists - nothing wrong in Hinduism & Bhuddhism

Post by tejpat »

Yohan wrote: You need to inform the Indian government urgently, that Hinduism is not a religion, and that it needs to make changes to its constitution for it. No use in "blabbering and yak yaking" here!
Well, we are not desperate as pathetic abhrahmic believers.
Yohan wrote:
tejpat wrote:till now you were blabbering and yak yaking.
if a muslim cuts hands of thief, he can back his action by verses in his quran,
if a christian crowd stones to death a person who has worshipped other god than they back their claim on bible.(Deuteronomy 17:2-5)
BUT if your claiming hindu cast system is present in veda, and yet you FAILED MISERABLY to quote even a single verse from Veda that says behave such and such with shudras.
I totally agree that there is immoral cast system present and that is totally beacuse of hindus BUT it is not due to vedas.
Please educate yourself before making such baseless claims.
atleast inspire from the owner of this site - Ali Sina who backs his each claims unlike you who throws statements like a paper balls in dustbin.
On one hand, you claim Hinduism is not at all like the Abrahmic religions that are called 'religions of the book'. Then on the other hand, you demand proof for things like caste system in Hinduism from a Hindu holy book, as one can do for Abrahmic religions. Do you see your own ignorance, and stupidity here? I bet you don't!

"Please educate yourself before making such baseless claims."
are you desperate to pull me down ? :x
again typically abrahmic believer response. :roflmao:
If Quran calls Christians 'people of book' , doesn't make christianity to have solely monopoly over all types of books, including witchcraft, harry potter and black bible.
what a mindless clueless thinking you have got.
Christianity and Islam is known for their "Monotheistic views" and not especially for books.
now, again, if you can give any verse from Vedas that claims cast system, than post it, or please educate yourself.
If any of the religions was from the all knowing genius creator, his religion and scripture should have been really smart as well, but none is. - Iffo

Yohan
Posts: 2272
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Atheists - nothing wrong in Hinduism & Bhuddhism

Post by Yohan »

tejpat wrote:now, again, if you can give any verse from Vedas that claims cast system, than post it, or please educate yourself.
First accept that Hinduism is a religion of the book, and Hindus are a people of the book, like Abrahmic religions. Then, ask for proof from the Hindu holy books. Get it yet? I bet you still don't!

tejpat
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:08 am

Re: Atheists - nothing wrong in Hinduism & Bhuddhism

Post by tejpat »

Yohan wrote: First accept that Hinduism is a religion of the book, and Hindus are a people of the book, like Abrahmic religions. Then, ask for proof from the Hindu holy books. Get it yet? I bet you still don't!
do you want me to call you a moron or your trying your best to call yourself one ?
of course Hinduism has book, practical practices like Havan, yagya, yoga, various types of meditations, fasting, and many more things.
but unfortunately, your stuck on word "book"
its obvious that abrahmic religions are solely based on "Book" so you don't get more vast experiences of different practices.
now, present a verse in Veda that says about whole cast system, or stop Trolling over here, your just entertaining your prejudiced view point and dancing like a clown, joker, jester,
:crazy: :pig: :banana:
If any of the religions was from the all knowing genius creator, his religion and scripture should have been really smart as well, but none is. - Iffo

Yohan
Posts: 2272
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Atheists - nothing wrong in Hinduism & Bhuddhism

Post by Yohan »

tejpat wrote:
Yohan wrote:First accept that Hinduism is a religion of the book, and Hindus are a people of the book, like Abrahmic religions. Then, ask for proof from the Hindu holy books. Get it yet? I bet you still don't!
-------
:crazy: :pig: :banana:
Your comical replies provide more evidence of your ignorance of the Vedas. If you know atleast something about the Vedas, tell us how old are the Vedas, and establish some credibility.

Post Reply