Athiests are as bullying as they claim Fundies are

Does God exist? Is Allah God? Creation vs. evolution.
Is Religion needed? Logic vs. faith. Morality and ethics.
LCD

Athiests are as bullying as they claim Fundies are

Post by LCD »

Athiests aren't really interested in debate. Their supreme intellect allows no such discussion, even if you are polite.

Their hatred of God extends into the Irrational. Their irrationality focuses more on Christianity and the idea of Christ than it does most other religions.

If Athiests had their way, they would send most religions people to reducation camps.
You should command that the Qur’an be collected.’” Abu Bakr added, “I said to `Umar, ‘How can we do what the Prophet never did?Jeremiah 31:25 "there will be no more Jews on the Earth when the sun, moon and stars stop shining," i.e. the end of the Earth and civilization.
Chiclets

Re: Athiests are as bullying as they claim Fundies are

Post by Chiclets »

It is ok for you to claim ‘god’ has the right to force innocents into cannibalistic activity but you cannot claim this same god cannot to also be benevolent.
(Lev 26:27-28 NRSV) But if, despite this, you disobey me, and continue hostile to me, I will continue hostile to you in fury; I in turn will punish you myself sevenfold for your sins.

(Lev 26:29 NRSV) You shall eat the flesh of your sons, and you shall eat the flesh of your daughters.

(Jer 19:9 NRSV) And I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and all shall eat the flesh of their neighbors in the siege, and in the distress with which their enemies and those who seek their life afflict them.
gupsfu wrote:When someone uses the "taken out of context" argument without explaining what it's really supposed to mean, you know he's lying.
Muslims are so secure in their faith that they need to kill those who don’t share it.
ttiot

Post by ttiot »

LCD wrote:If Athiests had their way, they would send most religions people to reducation camps.
I think that is good in a sense, that those adults who have an invisible freind are rather disturbing.

And I forgot to mention how most religions make it so that those who do not follow it are thrown in eternal hell fire by the "just" and "merciful" god.
I will never follow or admire a person who is a rapist, paedophile, murderer, torturer and thief.
A person like this can never be a model of morality. Such a person is a model of immorality.
Ex_muslimah

Post by Ex_muslimah »

I hadn't even heard of the NRSV bible before.

Jeremiah King James Version:

6Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that this place shall no more be called Tophet, nor The valley of the son of Hinnom, but The valley of slaughter.

7And I will make void the counsel of Judah and Jerusalem in this place; and I will cause them to fall by the sword before their enemies, and by the hands of them that seek their lives: and their carcases will I give to be meat for the fowls of the heaven, and for the beasts of the earth.

8And I will make this city desolate, and an hissing; every one that passeth thereby shall be astonished and hiss because of all the plagues thereof.

9And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend in the siege and straitness, wherewith their enemies, and they that seek their lives, shall straiten them.

10Then shalt thou break the bottle in the sight of the men that go with thee,

11And shalt say unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Even so will I break this people and this city, as one breaketh a potter's vessel, that cannot be made whole again: and they shall bury them in Tophet, till there be no place to bury.

12Thus will I do unto this place, saith the LORD, and to the inhabitants thereof, and even make this city as Tophet:

13And the houses of Jerusalem, and the houses of the kings of Judah, shall be defiled as the place of Tophet, because of all the houses upon whose roofs they have burned incense unto all the host of heaven, and have poured out drink offerings unto other gods.

14Then came Jeremiah from Tophet, whither the LORD had sent him to prophesy; and he stood in the court of the LORD's house; and said to all the people,

15Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring upon this city and upon all her towns all the evil that I have pronounced against it, because they have hardened their necks, that they might not hear my words.

Leviticus:

25 And I will bring a sword against you that will execute the vengeance of the covenant;
when you are gathered together within your cities I will send pestilence among you;
and you shall be delivered into the hand of the enemy.

26 When I have cut off your supply of bread, ten women shall bake your bread in one oven, and they shall bring back your bread by weight, and you shall eat and not be satisfied.

27 ‘And after all this, if you do not obey Me, but walk contrary to Me,

28 then I also will walk contrary to you in fury;
and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.

29 You shall eat the flesh of your sons, and you shall eat the flesh of your daughters.

30 I will destroy your high places, cut down your incense altars, and cast your carcasses on the lifeless forms of your idols;
and My soul shall abhor you.

31 I will lay your cities waste and bring your sanctuaries to desolation, and I will not smell the fragrance of your sweet aromas.

32 I will bring the land to desolation, and your enemies who dwell in it shall be astonished at it.

The new International version says the second set on verses is punishment for disobedience (of killing people etc?) and the first one states thus:

Footnotes:

1. Jeremiah 9:3 Or lies; / they are not valiant for truth
2. Jeremiah 9:4 Or a deceiving Jacob
3. Jeremiah 9:6 That is, Jeremiah (the Hebrew is singular)
The Borg is Sci-fi's Islam, the collective is the Ummah and the prey (Kaffir) is assimilated!.

http://www.karmanirvana.org.uk/ for if you are from an arranged marriage against your will.
Quills

Post by Quills »

ttiot wrote:
LCD wrote:If Athiests had their way, they would send most religions people to reducation camps.
I think that is good in a sense, that those adults who have an invisible freind are rather disturbing.
I find it rather comforting.
LCD wrote:
And I forgot to mention how most religions make it so that those who do not follow it are thrown in eternal hell fire by the "just" and "merciful" god.
Why would a loving and merciful God throw cutthroats and the like into an eternal hellfire? The use of fire in the Bible concerning hellfire, is used to show complete destruction.

Quills
"Woe to those who are saying that good is bad and bad is good, those who are putting darkness for light and light for darkness, those who are putting bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter." Isaiah 5:20
ttiot

Post by ttiot »

Quills wrote:
ttiot wrote:
I find it rather comforting.Quills
You find freinds who believe in an imaginary/invisible freind comforting :wacko: What next? Will you believe in my shoe worshipping faith, merely because I said it is true?
Quills wrote:
LCD wrote:
Why would a loving and merciful God throw cutthroats and the like into an eternal hellfire? The use of fire in the Bible concerning hellfire, is used to show complete destruction.
Quills
No no no, you got it wrong. Why would a just and merciful god send people to eternal hellfire simply because he (since in most cases god is presumed to be an "intolerant, sexist, homophobic and violent") was not worshipped by them, or follow a particular religion?

Or is it, with us humans who pretend we have all the answers, conjour up a diety for our own needs and purposes, when in all honesty we should admit that WE DON'T KNOW?
I will never follow or admire a person who is a rapist, paedophile, murderer, torturer and thief.
A person like this can never be a model of morality. Such a person is a model of immorality.
LCD

Post by LCD »

LCD wrote:

Quills[/quote]

That's not my quote. So, I refuse to respond to that.

Please show me, in the bible where it states Eternal Burning for sin? Hell is absence of God, pure and simple.

The above is the Athiest attempt as always to do Tuqoque, which they have resulted too, because they can't respond to the post correctly. Out come the clipped Quotes, out come the associations, and out come the accusations, but No athiest responding, continues to actually deal with their irrational hatred of God.

Typical. This POST is ABOUT ATHIESTS. NOT GOD. Either work on the post's subject of get off the post.
You should command that the Qur’an be collected.’” Abu Bakr added, “I said to `Umar, ‘How can we do what the Prophet never did?Jeremiah 31:25 "there will be no more Jews on the Earth when the sun, moon and stars stop shining," i.e. the end of the Earth and civilization.
LCD

Post by LCD »

ttiot wrote:
So, the very thing, that you claim Fundie Faithies want to do to you for not believing, you believe would be right to do to people who believe?

Pot. Kettle. Black. Which only proves my claim. You are as opening happy and intolerant and willing to do what you claim Fundies would do to you.

1. Read Romans. God judges the Pagan different from the Believer. I think that answers your question. Or is this another case where the bitter Athiest refuses to Read?
Chiclets

Post by Chiclets »

LCD wrote:
ttiot wrote:
So, the very thing, that you claim Fundie Faithies want to do to you for not believing, you believe would be right to do to people who believe?

Pot. Kettle. Black. Which only proves my claim. You are as opening happy and intolerant and willing to do what you claim Fundies would do to you.

1. Read Romans. God judges the Pagan different from the Believer. I think that answers your question. Or is this another case where the bitter Athiest refuses to Read?
Your post refutes your case LCD. Just think, why would a god differentiate between a Pagan and a Believer ?
gupsfu wrote:When someone uses the "taken out of context" argument without explaining what it's really supposed to mean, you know he's lying.
Muslims are so secure in their faith that they need to kill those who don’t share it.
ttiot

Post by ttiot »

I'm not an athiest :drool:
Stop generalising!
Its getting ridiculous seeing athiests whining about religious people preaching, and then on the other hand you get religious people whining about athiests preaching.
Lets get this straight, it occurs both ways:
Militant athiests=possible
Militant thiests=possible

I don't have time to research religions, I tend to judge by actions more or less.
But here is what I find: A preacher knocks on my door, talks about his religion to me and how Jesus is his saviour. And then tells me all my
good work and good deeds will go to waste and I will be be sent to hell unless I follow Jesus.

I don't care if it is in the scripture or not, these things are happening right now.

If you want to debate with athiests, you should head to http://www.richarddawkins.net/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - you will find athiests of all flavours, intelligent ones, nice ones, mean ones, militant ones, ignorant ones.
Stop tarring them all with the same brush, I don't and neither should you.

You will find, if you look at the world unbiased that bullies come from all over ;)
LCD

Post by LCD »

ttiot wrote:I'm not an athiest :drool:
Stop generalising!
Its getting ridiculous seeing athiests whining about religious people preaching, and then on the other hand you get religious people whining about athiests preaching.
Lets get this straight, it occurs both ways:
Militant athiests=possible
Militant thiests=possible

I don't have time to research religions, I tend to judge by actions more or less.
But here is what I find: A preacher knocks on my door, talks about his religion to me and how Jesus is his saviour. And then tells me all my
good work and good deeds will go to waste and I will be be sent to hell unless I follow Jesus.

I don't care if it is in the scripture or not, these things are happening right now.

If you want to debate with athiests, you should head to http://www.richarddawkins.net/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - you will find athiests of all flavours, intelligent ones, nice ones, mean ones, militant ones, ignorant ones.
Stop tarring them all with the same brush, I don't and neither should you.

You will find, if you look at the world unbiased that bullies come from all over ;)

No. Just because a Someone claiming to be a christian goes door to door alienating people, does not speak for all christians. Far as i know, Jehovah's Witnesses are the ones going door to door and they can hardly be called Christians.

Weak Argument.
LCD

Post by LCD »

[/quote]

1. Read Romans. God judges the Pagan different from the Believer. I think that answers your question. Or is this another case where the bitter Athiest refuses to Read?[/quote]
Your post refutes your case LCD. Just think, why would a god differentiate between a Pagan and a Believer ?
No it doesn't. You yourself Claim that God is not loving and he punishes all the same including those who don't believe in him. My MANY posts show YOU to be wrong. He punished differently considering the crime, he does not throw every sin and treat it the same and he does not judge those who do not believe the same way he would judge those who claim to be a believer.

Your yourself claim there is a differene between a person who claims to be a christian and goes around doing evil things in relation to a man who claims not to believe in god and lives a good life.

Your Big mouth contradicts only your own moronic statement athiest. NOW GET off the post unless your going to talk about Atheism, which is what the post is about. cease your Tuqoque.
Quills

Post by Quills »

ttiot wrote: You find freinds who believe in an imaginary/invisible freind comforting :wacko: What next? Will you believe in my shoe worshipping faith, merely because I said it is true?
As a Christian, I find it comforting to know that God is there, though I can't see Him, that's where faith comes in.
ttiot wrote:
No no no, you got it wrong. Why would a just and merciful god send people to eternal hellfire simply because he (since in most cases god is presumed to be an "intolerant, sexist, homophobic and violent") was not worshipped by them, or follow a particular religion?
I don't believe I misunderstood your question/statement. Eternal hellfire is not a biblical teaching, so I think your question/statement is not a valid one.
ttiot wrote:Or is it, with us humans who pretend we have all the answers, conjour up a diety for our own needs and purposes, when in all honesty we should admit that WE DON'T KNOW?
Christians didn't 'conjure up a deity'. If you were honest, you would just admit that YOU DON'T KNOW. Please don't put all humans in the same boat of ignorance as you.

Quills
"Woe to those who are saying that good is bad and bad is good, those who are putting darkness for light and light for darkness, those who are putting bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter." Isaiah 5:20
Quills

Post by Quills »

LCD wrote:
LCD wrote:
That's not my quote. So, I refuse to respond to that.
Ooops, sorry LCD
LCD wrote:Please show me, in the bible where it states Eternal Burning for sin? Hell is absence of God, pure and simple.
I never said the Bible states eternal burning for sin.
LCD wrote:The above is the Athiest attempt as always to do Tuqoque, which they have resulted too, because they can't respond to the post correctly. Out come the clipped Quotes, out come the associations, and out come the accusations, but No athiest responding, continues to actually deal with their irrational hatred of God.
I don't understand how anyone is supposed to either answer or refute a statement or question if the original statement or question is based on a misconception.
LCD wrote:Typical. This POST is ABOUT ATHIESTS. NOT GOD. Either work on the post's subject of get off the post.
This is hilarious!! Atheists keep bringing up a God they don't believe in, asking people to explain scriptures or beliefs they refuse to believe in. I'm getting the impression that atheists prefer to talk only to other atheists about a God who 'them humans' conjured up, so that atheists could prove us wrong.

Quills
SkepticOfBible

Post by SkepticOfBible »

Their hatred of God extends into the Irrational.

This presupposes that the Christian version on God is the true one. Atheist don't hate God, anymore than they hate Allah or Zeus
Their irrationality focuses more on Christianity and the idea of Christ than it does most other religions.
So I guess, only Christians have the Trademark on Missionaries. Considering the fact that Fundamentalist Christians are the biggest evangelising group in the world, it is obvious they would be met with the most opposition.
Please show me, in the bible where it states Eternal Burning for sin? Hell is absence of God, pure and simple.
Don't ever watch TBN? Perhaps you need have chat with your fundie brethern. Apparently they are getting the whole "eternal torment for unbeliever" idea from the Christian Bible itself

Jesus is Lord - Hell
Got Questions - Is Hell Real

Seems you have hard time believing the theological implications of the text of your holy scriptures
Aksel Ankersen

Re: Atheists are as bullying as they claim Fundies are

Post by Aksel Ankersen »

Guys can we please get the spelling right?

It's atheist, not athiest.

The "i before e" rule doesn't work because Theos is a Greek word.

And I agree we meet many militant atheist on the internet, but IMO your average atheist doesn't have a big hatred of religion... He or she just ignores religion and gets on with their life happily and that's why we don't meet this sort on an internet crusade.
بدرود , بدرود , بدرود
diotima64

Post by diotima64 »

LCD - as the reactions show, your evaluation was spot on.

Guys, thanks for proving him right immediately! :roll:
ttiot

Post by ttiot »

diotima64 wrote:LCD - as the reactions show, your evaluation was spot on.

Guys, thanks for proving him right immediately! :roll:
I agree, 2 people are all the proof needed to label all atheists as bullying as fundies :roflmao:
diotima64

Post by diotima64 »

ttiot wrote:
diotima64 wrote:LCD - as the reactions show, your evaluation was spot on.

Guys, thanks for proving him right immediately!
I agree, 2 people are all the proof needed to label all atheists as bullying as fundies
why, TT...(that´s SA etc, isn´t it? He of "Bow to scandinavian supremacy, and don´t let women fly planes fame :D ? ) that´s your usual level of proof, isn´t it? :sly:
ttiot

Post by ttiot »

I don't know why I bothered posting sarcastic comments at all :\ You won't be seeing it from me now.
Athiests aren't really interested in debate. Their supreme intellect allows no such discussion, even if you are polite.

Their hatred of God extends into the Irrational. Their irrationality focuses more on Christianity and the idea of Christ than it does most other religions.

If Athiests had their way, they would send most religions people to reducation camps.

And I agree we meet many militant atheist on the internet, but IMO your average atheist doesn't have a big hatred of religion... He or she just ignores religion and gets on with their life happily and that's why we don't meet this sort on an internet crusade.
This point seems to have gone unnoticed or what?