What Bible says about Idolaters and Polytheists?

Does God exist? Is Allah God? Creation vs. evolution.
Is Religion needed? Logic vs. faith. Morality and ethics.
JihadAgainstHate

Post by JihadAgainstHate »

Jesus said: "For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God." (Ephesians 5:5)

Jesus said: "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." (Revelation 21:8)

Jesus said: "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind. Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

Jesus said: "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs (i.e., idolaters and disbelievers), neither cast ye your pearls before swine (i.e., i.e., idolaters and disbelievers), lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." (Matthew 7:6)

"You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me." (Exodus 20:4-5)

"And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel: Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die." (Deuteronomy 17:3-5)

"That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman." (2 Chronicles 15:13)

"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is among you. If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cities, which the LORD thy God hath given thee to dwell there, saying, Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known; Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again." (Deuteronomy 13:6-16)

Ah! So much peace and love towards the idolaters and disbelievers!

Also see what Christians think about the idolaters:

http://www.needanewstart.com/Revelation ... aters.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Strike them with terror O LORD." (Psalms 9:19-20)
sunshine

Re: What Bible says about Idolaters and Polytheists?

Post by sunshine »

:spam: NUMBER 10
Your beliefs become Your thoughts, Your thoughts become Your words, Your words become Your actions, Your actions become Your habits, Your habits become your Destiny

http://www.faithfreedom.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JihadAgainstHate

sunshine wrote::spam: NUMBER 10
Thanks for admitting the fact that Bible is a spam. ;)

And keep counting, ok.
sunshine

Post by sunshine »

JihadAgainstHate wrote:
sunshine wrote:
Thanks for admitting the fact that Bible is a spam.

And keep counting, ok.
:BS: :BS: :BS:J
Your beliefs become Your thoughts, Your thoughts become Your words, Your words become Your actions, Your actions become Your habits, Your habits become your Destiny

JihadAgainstHate

sunshine wrote:
JihadAgainstHate wrote:
sunshine wrote:
Thanks for admitting the fact that Bible is a spam.

And keep counting, ok.
:BS: :BS:J
Thanks for calling your Bible BS. :*)
crazymonkie_

Post by crazymonkie_ »

I want to start by saying that I do think the Gospels and Epistles are full of hateful sayings. Though these sayings have been 'metaphored away' by even the early churches- to the point that Eusebius (Constantine's biographer, church historian, and unfortunate partisan of the Arius/Athanasius dispute) thought that Revelation, being a book about fire and judgment and revenge, didn't belong alongside the kind words of Jesus (his view of Matthew 10 wasn't literal- but I don't agree with him.)

Anyway, some of these weren't Jesus' words. If you're going to make the case for the Bible having terrible bits, at least get the sources right.
JihadAgainstHate wrote:Jesus said: "For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God." (Ephesians 5:5)
That was Paul, or one of his followers. Ephesians was an Epistle, not a Gospel. Jesus is in none of the Epistles. And couldn't have been, according to Acts, since he was well dead by the time Paul supposedly was struck blind on the way to Damascus.

.... Stupid Sunday school.
Jesus said: "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." (Revelation 21:8)
Officially, this is the vision of the Disciple John. Unofficially (well, actually historically,) this is an anonymous Apocalyptic vision *attributed* to John. And was disputed its place in the canon, for reasons I mentioned above. It's still one of the nastiest books in the Bible, though. Pretty close to Leviticus.
Jesus said: "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind. Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)
Paul or his followers again. Paul said some really nasty stuff. Romans is a real treasure trove of sanctimonious hate.
Jesus said: "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs (i.e., idolaters and disbelievers), neither cast ye your pearls before swine (i.e., i.e., idolaters and disbelievers), lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." (Matthew 7:6)
Whoa- an actual Jesus quote! Stunning. Strange that the only mention of idolaters and disbelievers is what you put in, though. It only says 'Do not give holy things to the dogs; and do not throw your pearls before swine, for they might tread them with their feet, and then might turn and rend you." I have no idea where you're making the idolater connection- unless it's with some homily approach I'm not familiar with. Care to share?
"You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me." (Exodus 20:4-5)
Law of Moses, yup.

Apparently it was one of the Laws God decided to keep. All that stuff about shellfish and separating from menstruating women and how to deal with bulls that gore people- who needs it? :sly:
"And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel: Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die." (Deuteronomy 17:3-5)
Yup. Law of Moses again. Lots of early Christians didn't like the stoning part. Though they weren't above burning people. Which isn't better by any means.
"That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman." (2 Chronicles 15:13)
See above.
"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is among you. If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cities, which the LORD thy God hath given thee to dwell there, saying, Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known; Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again." (Deuteronomy 13:6-16)
The irony of the passage historically speaking, is that the 'other gods' which the people 'have not known,' and are not their gods or the gods of their 'fathers,' WERE the gods they and their ancestors knew. Monotheism, even among the Israeli kingdoms, didn't come about until Hezekiah's time (8th/7th century BCE). Until that time there were tons of gods worshipped everywhere in the region- the Israelites were a part of that massive ongoing cultural exchange between the Caananites, Philistines, Hittites, etc. but claimed to be something different AFTER the propaganda campaign against non-YHWH gods was underway.

Your points are valid, but your evidence is really, really, really off.

You should read some early apologists and see what they have to say; read the Talmud and see how cultural changes were applied to these (even then) ancient rules. It's really pretty fascinating.

Also: You're not hitting enough targets by focusing on idolaters. There's *so much more hate* in the Gospels and Epistles, even outside of Revelation, that you should expand it.
sunshine

Post by sunshine »

Spoiler! :
crazymonkie_ wrote:I want to start by saying that I do think the Gospels and Epistles are full of hateful sayings. Though these sayings have been 'metaphored away' by even the early churches- to the point that Eusebius (Constantine's biographer, church historian, and unfortunate partisan of the Arius/Athanasius dispute) thought that Revelation, being a book about fire and judgment and revenge, didn't belong alongside the kind words of Jesus (his view of Matthew 10 wasn't literal- but I don't agree with him.)

Anyway, some of these weren't Jesus' words. If you're going to make the case for the Bible having terrible bits, at least get the sources right.
JihadAgainstHate wrote:Jesus said: "For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God." (Ephesians 5:5)
That was Paul, or one of his followers. Ephesians was an Epistle, not a Gospel. Jesus is in none of the Epistles. And couldn't have been, according to Acts, since he was well dead by the time Paul supposedly was struck blind on the way to Damascus.

Officially, this is the vision of the Disciple John. Unofficially (well, actually historically,) this is an anonymous Apocalyptic vision *attributed* to John. And was disputed its place in the canon, for reasons I mentioned above. It's still one of the nastiest books in the Bible, though. Pretty close to Leviticus.
Paul or his followers again. Paul said some really nasty stuff. Romans is a real treasure trove of sanctimonious hate.
Whoa- an actual Jesus quote! Stunning. Strange that the only mention of idolaters and disbelievers is what you put in, though. It only says 'Do not give holy things to the dogs; and do not throw your pearls before swine, for they might tread them with their feet, and then might turn and rend you." I have no idea where you're making the idolater connection- unless it's with some homily approach I'm not familiar with. Care to share?
Law of Moses, yup.

Apparently it was one of the Laws God decided to keep. All that stuff about shellfish and separating from menstruating women and how to deal with bulls that gore people- who needs it? :sly:
Yup. Law of Moses again. Lots of early Christians didn't like the stoning part. Though they weren't above burning people. Which isn't better by any means.
See above.
The irony of the passage historically speaking, is that the 'other gods' which the people 'have not known,' and are not their gods or the gods of their 'fathers,' WERE the gods they and their ancestors knew. Monotheism, even among the Israeli kingdoms, didn't come about until Hezekiah's time (8th/7th century BCE). Until that time there were tons of gods worshipped everywhere in the region- the Israelites were a part of that massive ongoing cultural exchange between the Caananites, Philistines, Hittites, etc. but claimed to be something different AFTER the propaganda campaign against non-YHWH gods was underway.

You should read some early apologists and see what they have to say; read the Talmud and see how cultural changes were applied to these (even then) ancient rules. It's really pretty fascinating.

Also: You're not hitting enough targets by focusing on idolaters. There's *so much more hate* in the Gospels and Epistles, even outside of Revelation, that you should expand it.

Who are you talking to CM!!!! JAH is not here for any debate and he has the brain of 8 year old child. he simply copy/pastes a thread and then runs away as quick as he can

crazymonkie_

Post by crazymonkie_ »

Oh. Sorry. I'm not familiar with him. I'm new here.

Did you agree with my points, at least?
sunshine

Post by sunshine »

crazymonkie_ wrote:Oh. Sorry. I'm not familiar with him. I'm new here.

Sorry CM, I am not a Christian. I am a Hindu. i have very little knowledge about NT or OT. So i can not make comments on any points of yours without reading the Bible. :( :(

SAM

Post by SAM »

sunshine wrote:

Sorry CM, I am not a Christian. I am a Hindu. i have very little knowledge about NT or OT. So i can not make comments on any points of yours without reading the Bible. :( :(
You are ADVICE “Do not meddling in the affairs of Abrahmic Religions..." :roflmao: None of Hindu Cults Business....
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.
Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance."
(2:120)
expozIslam

Post by expozIslam »

SAM wrote:
sunshine wrote:

You are ADVICE “Do not meddling in the affairs of Abrahmic Religions..." :roflmao: None of Hindu Cults Business....
and there goes your false facade out of the window. You should change your signature as well, you troll
Last edited by expozIslam on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.”
expozIslam

Post by expozIslam »

crazymonkie,
JAH alias Amim is a well known spammer who just cannot digest the fact that his idol Mohammad has been proven a rapist, pedophile, murderer, looter, misogynistic, barbaric terrorist.
Ever since that realization, he has been trying to justify islam by spamming this website.
“The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.”
sunshine

Post by sunshine »

You f**king piece of sh!t, DONT MELT YOUR LONG NOSE EVERYWHERE LIKE A DIRTY DOG. i may not have much idea about Christianity. but i do know A LOT about your SHITTY cult of ISLAM. If i see you ever again Stalking after my post I will put your sh!t in your bloody mouth.
Got it stinky Dog

SAM

Post by SAM »

sunshine wrote:You f**king piece of sh!t, DONT MELT YOUR LONG NOSE EVERYWHERE LIKE A DIRTY DOG. i may not have much idea about Christianity. but i do know A LOT about your SHITTY cult of ISLAM. If i see you ever again Stalking after my post I will put your sh!t in your bloody mouth.
Got it stinky Dog
May Hinduism Goddess Bless You and Mercy....Ameeeeen :lotpot:
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.
JihadAgainstHate

crazymonkie_ wrote:I want to start by saying that I do think the Gospels and Epistles are full of hateful sayings. Though these sayings have been 'metaphored away' by even the early churches- to the point that Eusebius (Constantine's biographer, church historian, and unfortunate partisan of the Arius/Athanasius dispute) thought that Revelation, being a book about fire and judgment and revenge, didn't belong alongside the kind words of Jesus (his view of Matthew 10 wasn't literal- but I don't agree with him.)

Law of Moses, yup.

See above.

Well, what you have said, the same have been saying by Muslims for hundreds of years, i.e., the Bible is not the Word of God and not even the word of Jesus. So, thanks for supporting Muslims' valid claim. :*)

Would Pope and Christian scholars admit this fact?
gupsfu

Post by gupsfu »

Dear Muslim, there's no need to thank atheists for agreeing with you that the Bible is BS.
We happen to think all religious scriptures are nothing but crap, including your Koran.
"Is there anybody out there? Just nod if you can hear me." ~ Roger Waters
SAM

Post by SAM »

gupsfu wrote:Dear Muslim, there's no need to thank atheists for agreeing with you that the Bible is BS.
We happen to think all religious scriptures are nothing but crap, including your Koran.
Fair and Square ... :clap:
crazymonkie_

Post by crazymonkie_ »

JihadAgainstHate wrote:Well, what you have said, the same have been saying by Muslims for hundreds of years, i.e., the Bible is not the Word of God and not even the word of Jesus. So, thanks for supporting Muslims' valid claim. :*)

Would Pope and Christian scholars admit this fact?
I'm also supporting the claims of all the other non-Christian religions. Care to back them up as well?

Do keep in mind that quite a few of them have beliefs that contradict one another- so you'll still be choosing. Oh, and to make sure, you'll have to find the one that doesn't rely upon a book, wise people who know the book, or person experience to prove itself. Good luck on that.

Of course the pope and Christians wouldn't admit it- that's why they're Christians! Regardless of that, you're still taking quotes way out of context. Your point is valid, but it's really, really badly presented.

Oh, and also- you're apparently a spammer who I shouldn't be talking to. But I'm bored.
Brendalee

Post by Brendalee »

SAM wrote:
sunshine wrote:

It seems to me that the Abrahamic religions MADE themselves Hindu business when they meddled by invaded the COUNTRY of the Hindus, and where they still remain meddling in HINDU affairs.

Especially your dear fellow Muslims who killed, raped, enslaved, and forceably converted or dhimmified MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of Hindus and carved THREE of their own countries out of the body of the Indian kingdoms and strive now to carve a FOURTH.

By what warped backward reasoning do you arrogantly issue orders like, "Do not meddling in the affairs of Abrahmic Religions" to a Hindu and then irrationally assert that it is none of their business?

It BECAME their "business" the moment the first Islamic Jihadist slaughtered the first Hindu on INDIAN soil.
Firebird

Post by Firebird »

SAM wrote:
sunshine wrote:You f**king piece of sh!t, DONT MELT YOUR LONG NOSE EVERYWHERE LIKE A DIRTY DOG. i may not have much idea about Christianity. but i do know A LOT about your SHITTY cult of ISLAM. If i see you ever again Stalking after my post I will put your sh!t in your bloody mouth.
Got it stinky Dog
May Hinduism Goddess Bless You and Mercy....Ameeeeen :lotpot:

SAM- I loathe your post but your smilie is cracking me up. I want one.
We have to earn Peace on Earth, we do that by respecting the rights of those that are different to us.