Positive attributes in Islam.

Does God exist? Is Allah God? Creation vs. evolution.
Is Religion needed? Logic vs. faith. Morality and ethics.
Hombre

Re: Positive attributes in Islam.

Post by Hombre »

Yes refrain from getting drunk and lose control of oneself is good attribute. However, my long experience with Muslims has been that, when alone, they act very kindly and very generous - in group however, they act differently - particularly towards non-Muslims in their mids.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

Hombre wrote:Yes refrain from getting drunk and lose control of oneself is good attribute. However, my long experience with Muslims has been that, when alone, they act very kindly and very generous - in group however, they act differently - particularly towards non-Muslims in their mids.
Atleast on a personal level and family level you don't drink a lot by even snatching away whatever little your wife earns and then beat her under the effect of alcohol.Now whatever money thus saved on drinking is used either to raise more quality kids with iron and fat rich diets or quantity kids who are malnourished.Both are good things to do.Millions of Hindu women went as slaves to M.E in medieval periods due to Islamic raids possibly because their drunk husbands treated them not so differently.
palli or halli in Dravidian languages means a village just like gaav in Aryan languages means a village.palli or halli in Aryan Mauryan Imperial era around 200 B.C designates a tribal hamlet.So many of those in South India are indeed descendants of tribals and are still keeping up that heritage.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

Hombre wrote:Yes refrain from getting drunk and lose control of oneself is good attribute. However, my long experience with Muslims has been that, when alone, they act very kindly and very generous - in group however, they act differently - particularly towards non-Muslims in their mids.
Everyone in this world follows Sva-Para(self and the other) logic of Hindu philosophers.Some may follow it at the individual level,others at the family level,still others at their extended family level,still others at their caste/village level,still others at their state level,still others at the country level,still others at the religious level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XvxihyuQfI

The above song of Bhakta Tukaaraam Telugu film shows Tukaaraam ,the Marathi Bhakti or devotional poet expressing his anguish at war time atrocities that got perpetrated in South and Central India during his period.Of course Tukaaraam being a Marathi poet only Marathis are more authorised to speak on his behalf.However one of the Khalistani Sikhs of the old forum said that one of the Marathi Bhakti poets said that while the Muslims are half-blind,Hindus are totally blind.Perhaps that referred to the scale of religiosity amongst these people.In the above song Tukaaraam says that animals that do not know words are living happily however why have you not given the same happiness or enjoyment of nature and human bonds to us?Human race which has learnt words have caused holocausts while animals are living in harmony.Perhaps he was referring to entire natural populations of Hindus including civilians being decimated in numbers of hundreds of thousands by the muslim Bahmanis Emperors and retaliatory scorch earth policy by Hindu vijayanagar armies that included civilian musims remembering the holocausts perpetrated upon their ancestors by muslims.Perhaps the Marathis being Hindus acted as the fifth column of the Vijaya Nagar armies who were their co-religionists and hence were severely persecuted by their overlords.Witnessing such a phenomenon,Tukaaraam of those periods might have uttered those words.Now I do not understand the statement made by some columnists appearing in this forum who say that Jews being people of books should not fear books.Perhaps books are also to be feared if one is selective or cherry picks some and abandons the rest.
palli or halli in Dravidian languages means a village just like gaav in Aryan languages means a village.palli or halli in Aryan Mauryan Imperial era around 200 B.C designates a tribal hamlet.So many of those in South India are indeed descendants of tribals and are still keeping up that heritage.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

If you just scroll below,in the song unnaavaa asalunnaava undi kallu muusukunnavaa,the rationalist in Tukaram comes to light.It literally means do you exist,do you really exist and have you closed your eyes even after existing?

The song Ghanaaghana sundara is quite melodious.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=16366&p=216178&hil ... er#p216178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There exist limitations even to the muslim concept of being harsh towards kafirs and being most merciful to their fellow ummah members.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

I too almost never spoke against my people even though many such thoughts occurred to me every now and then.However when my state of Andhra Pradesh was divided up disregarding shared heritage and with money as primary concern,I was devastated.And those at Delhi and Nagpur that harp on internalism resorted to weakening A.P by using divide and rule.It is only from then on that I am openly speaking my mind.Otherwise,I too would have simply shut up my mouth.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

'Charity begins at home' a famous quote from the Western hemisphere.

A Christian who does not look after his family is worse than an infidel--Jesus Christ.

Now since muslims only consider their fellow muslims as belonging to the same family or Ummah,they only look after the interests of their fellow religious followers first.It is that simple.In doing so they are honoring the above two benevolent principles.Yes it would be better if they are also good towards non-muslims,but then family comes first and feeding it by any possible means is O.K.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

Birds of same feather flock together.

And packs of wolves and wild dogs work with nepotism and in unison.

So there is nothing unnatural if human beings resort to the same.

Hombre

Post by Hombre »

Nosuperstition wrote:Birds of same feather flock together.

And packs of wolves and wild dogs work with nepotism and in unison.

So there is nothing unnatural if human beings resort to the same.
Funny. recently my dog has been yelling miyaoo miyaoo. Can't explain why. Maybe he underwent a religious conversion. who knows :roll:

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

Funny. recently my dog has been yelling miyaoo miyaoo. Can't explain why. Maybe he underwent a religious conversion. who knows :roll:
Hinduism before the advent of Buddhism and Jainism had a free ride for animal sacrifices.The remnant Bali peethams or sacrificial alters with no actual animal sacrifices in Brahmanical temples is a testament to this fact in addition to references in the texts.Perhaps it is for this reason that Buddha called the Vedas,the sacred texts of Hinduism as words of cats and dogs.For this reason even well known spiritual gurus of the past said that Vedas must not be made available to commoners.So who says that you have to undergo conversion from one religion to another for the sake of turning into a cat from a dog?

And while the dog definately springs to secure the interests of its master with bravery,the cat also exhibits bravery when cornered and when being attacked.It is afterall not that cowardly.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

I do know of a famous Telugu historian say that in his childhood,when the husband expired for a woman dear to them and who belonged to the caste of temple dancers,he asked her to remarry which is allowed in her caste ,yet she refused
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=17906&p=236087&hil ... vi#p236087" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now I have read about the above historian in one of the three weekly magazines of Andhra Prabha,Andhra Jyothi or Andhra Bhuumi when I was between my 6th and 10th standards.He is a Telugu Brahmin.Now while narrating his life story he also told of one particular incident which happened during his childhood.They were having meals and a baby of their family was sleeping somewhere in the house.Then they suddenly heard the loud threatening miyaaos of a their pet cat.There the cat was threatening a serpent which might have otherwise bit the baby.This shows that though we all believe in general that 'cats like comfort' and feel like our masters unlike dogs which make us our masters,cats too can sometimes defend our kith and kin putting their lives in danger.Or as they say in the olden days when people did not eat food adulterated with pesticides,they were quite innocent and truthful and did not possess inherent wiliness/wickedness or selfishness.For that reason may be even this cat went against its very nature of looking after itself first.

Now the above person was also truthful.In days of the British Raj when he did not get any employment he used to stay at a fellow North Indian Brahmin's house.Now Brahmins state that they are the only caste that is pan India perhaps seeking special privileges for that reason or citing their veggie habits.Whatever after a few days,the North Indian Brahmin began to behave in insulting ways that caused him to leave his house.This shows that all this Brahmin bonding that caused the bifurcation of A.P and terrorisation of non-Telanganites from seeking employment in Hyd is much less valuable than family bonding.

Now this Brahmin was told by a North Indian friend that he did not find Hindu Hampi as impressive as the Taj Mahal or the Fatehpur Sikri.He then retorted that those Muslim structures were left undamaged while Hampi was wantonly targeted to erase the glory of collective memory of South Indian Hindus just as around 30,000 Hindu temples were demolished and mosques erected for every few kilometers of distance travelled in North India.

Perhaps it is for this reason that the Babylonian Empire had the habit of forcibly relocating people from places of their emotional bonding and diffused them with other non-locals.

Hombre

Post by Hombre »

What the world are you talking about? :clueless:

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

What the world are you talking about? :clueless:
I am just giving an example where even a cat behaved like a dog though that is not the case in general.Cats or fat cats are not that bad afterall.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

Yes refrain from getting drunk and lose control of oneself is good attribute. However, my long experience with Muslims has been that, when alone, they act very kindly and very generous - in group however, they act differently - particularly towards non-Muslims in their mids

Everyone in this world follows Sva-Para(self and the other) logic of Hindu philosophers.
For example when the Bahmani Sultans laid waste to entire natural populations of Hindus in the territories of Hindu Vijaya Nagar Empire,the emperors who were Hindu allowed Telugu speaking Reddys and Naidus to settle in Tamil and Kannada lands perhaps in order to quickly replenish the lost populace.Similarly North Indian Banjaras or Lambadas of Rajasthan in the sub-continent who are also genetically related to the gypsies of Europe and who also wear the same costumes were also allowed to settle in Telugu lands when they were laid waste.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17413&p=236729&hili ... es#p236729" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Those gypsies of Andhra Pradesh do own their own lands and cultivate them.They are not nomads as is the case in Europe.Only shows that if given a chance,most develop emotional attachment with the lands they settle.For example in one of the channels BBC/CNN,they showed a fat white woman of the Balkans weep bitterely when they reached a destroyed site where they once used to live happily.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=17896&p=236110&hilit=Rana#p236110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

People it seems want to replenish their glasses of milk with milk of same animals and not different animals when some of the original milk is lost due to turbulence of wars.