on the existence of God and other things

Does God exist? Is Allah God? Creation vs. evolution.
Is Religion needed? Logic vs. faith. Morality and ethics.
Ghaith

Re: on the existence of God and other things

Post by Ghaith »

sum wrote:Hello Yos

I believe in the Golden Rule towards all mankind.

Islam, and therefore you, do not.

Why do you not believe that all mankind should abide by the Golden Rule?

sum
The goverment is the reason Golden Rule will not work sum.

Ghaith

Post by Ghaith »

manfred wrote:
Yos1994 wrote:
manfred wrote:So maybe you want to tell our various atheist friends here why they should become a Muslim like you.
I must know their belief system first manfred :ermm: Not all atheist belive in the same thing you know.
Well, if you read through this thread you will get a fair idea. True, there are differences, but also common ideas.

Many here have defined their position as a LACK of belief. So they would argue that they do not have a belief that God does not exist, but merely lack belief in God.

Many also argue that there is no evidence to show the existence of God, so it may be concluded that there is none. As to evidence they would say that this means pretty much exclusively something that can be verified by others by repetition, such as a science experiment.

That should be more than enough to get you thinking...
Have science found out how it all started manfred :D ?

Im more interested in you manfred with all those degress yet your a christian :sly:

sum

Post by sum »

Hello Yos1994

Your quote -

A very strange answer.

Do you treat all others, including non-muslims, as you would hope that they would treat you?

sum

Ghaith

Post by Ghaith »

sum wrote:Hello Yos1994

Your quote -

A very strange answer.

Do you treat all others, including non-muslims, as you would hope that they would treat you?

sum
No sum i dont, im to lazy to do that :D

sum

Post by sum »

Hello Yos1994

Your quote -
No sum i dont, im to lazy to do that

Your reply is a flippant answer to hide the real truth. Islam dictates that you are not allowed to treat non-muslims as equals.

At least we now know how you really regard non-muslims.

sum

Ghaith

Post by Ghaith »

Your quote -
No sum i dont, im to lazy to do that

Your reply is a flippant answer to hide the real truth. Islam dictates that you are not allowed to treat non-muslims as equals.

At least we now know how you really regard non-muslims.

sum
Ok sum :hypocrite:

sum

Post by sum »

Hello Yos1994

Don`t you think that it is immoral of Islam not to treat all mankind as equals?

sum

Ghaith

Post by Ghaith »

sum
God of Israel is the creator of the heavens and the earth sum. If you dont want to respect God sum thats your problem i dont have a problem with it. If you find some laws troubling keep it to your self ;)

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Yos1994 wrote:
God of Israel is the creator of the heavens and the earth sum.
Do you believe in in the God of Israel Yos?
The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.

sum

Post by sum »

Hello Yos1994

You are avoiding my question.

Please answer this specific question.

sum

pr126

Post by pr126 »

I think Yos has retired for a while.
Maybe he will return when he has recovered from the onslaught of kuffar insolence. :sly:
Islam: an idea to kill and die for.

sum

Post by sum »

It could just be that Yos still has a hint of critical thinking left and it is troubling his indoctrination. I think that he could now have a conflict within himself. I hope that this is the case and that he sees the real truth about Islam and leaves it to join the rest of humanity. He has admitted that he accepts the concept of indoctrination - perhaps he is starting to wonder if he has been indoctrinated after all. We know that he has through no fault of his own but will he recognise the fact sufficiently to leave Islam?

sum

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

Yos1994 wrote:
skynightblaze wrote:
iffo wrote: You nailed it here SKB. This is where the problem lies. The whole idea of sending a guy as messanger for one generation and expect people in the coming generations to believe in him as wrong. This proves all these religions are bogus because no smart god will do that if he has any brain. This strategy will never work.
I agree that religions are bogus but not all the religious leaders were same. We cannot compare Jesus with Muhammad. From what I know, Jesus was a good man however same is not the case with Muhammad. He was a despicable thug. If some people want to take Jesus as their role model then we should not be having any problem unless we can show some teachings or Jesus' conduct as unworthy.
Thats an excelent idea sny. Lets start goggling our own eyes when we are about to look at a girl and cut of our hands when we are about to do evil things. And lets all start hating our mother and fathers and family. And lets not marry the divorced women because that would be adultery.

The Jesus of the canonical gospel is truly an excellent model.

You are a bit mistaken.A little correction is required.
"You shall not commit adultery.
http://bible.cc/exodus/20-14.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Adultery is a sin,so is theft etc defined in the 10 commandments.
Jesus wrote:But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
http://bible.cc/matthew/5-28.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jesus wrote: And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.
http://bible.cc/matthew/18-9.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.
http://bible.cc/matthew/5-30.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is after you committed a sin that you should get rid of the sin causing body part,not before.
palli or halli in Dravidian languages means a village just like gaav in Aryan languages means a village.palli or halli in Aryan Mauryan Imperial era around 200 B.C designates a tribal hamlet.So many of those in South India are indeed descendants of tribals and are still keeping up that heritage.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

Sten wrote:
Ghaith wrote:Thats an excelent idea sny. Lets start goggling our own eyes when we are about to look at a girl and cut of our hands when we are about to do evil things. And lets all start hating our mother and fathers and family. And lets not marry the divorced women because that would be adultery.
lol, it's stupid right? Far better to cover up all the women and keep them locked in the house, cut off people's hands for stealing, and we should all hate the filthy infidels instead. And lets all have several wives because that's totally not treating women like possessions.

Wow, I never realized that Islam makes so much more sense than Christianity.
Is it a tu quoque?Fault of one is a fault by itself and is in no way negated by fault of another?
manfred wrote:It is a logical fallacy, called "Tu Quoque". It is saying somethings is not really bad because something else is worse, which usually completely unrelated.
manfred wrote:How does one alleged bad thing justify another?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=14590&p=193435&hil ... cy#p193435" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
New International Version (©2011)
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

New Living Translation (©2007)
For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.
http://biblehub.com/1_timothy/6-10.htm

People love their money more than welfare of fellow human beings.Islam having figured that out handed over tough punishments for stealing.

I am interested to know whether the actual translation is 'the' root or 'a' root.A root is factually correct for there exist sadistic inclinations and actions of psychos whose actions have the intent of sadism and not love of money as the root and what they do out of such inclinations is evil that does not have love of money as its source.

Anyway only those well-versed in Hebrew, Greek and Latin can do accurate translations.
Last edited by Nosuperstition on Thu May 30, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
palli or halli in Dravidian languages means a village just like gaav in Aryan languages means a village.palli or halli in Aryan Mauryan Imperial era around 200 B.C designates a tribal hamlet.So many of those in South India are indeed descendants of tribals and are still keeping up that heritage.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

Another reason why stealing was such a punishable offence in Islam could be because resources are scarce in deserts and Islam having originated in such a place , places a lot of value on goods which are not available in abundance and gotten through much of hard labour.Yohan said that stealing bread in Victorian England would lead to an Englishman's banishment to Australia,so even in places where things are aplenty if there is huge population , such laws would get codified.