BIRTH CONTROL IS SINFUL IN THE CHRISTIAN MARRIAGES

Does God exist? Is Allah God? Creation vs. evolution.
Is Religion needed? Logic vs. faith. Morality and ethics.
Aksel Ankersen

Re: BIRTH CONTROL IS SINFUL IN THE CHRISTIAN MARRIAGES

Post by Aksel Ankersen »

Nosuperstition wrote:
careperson wrote:1091. Only 144,000 celibate men will be saved. (Those who were not "defiled with women.") 14:1-4
http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewt ... &start=150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What exactly does the word celibate mean? Would all of those numerous soldiers who died young in wars,natural catastrophes etc without getting married etc attain salvation ?
This is a misunderstanding based on not having read the entirety of Revelations: 144,000 are sealed (12,000 per tribe of Jews) however they are not the only ones to be saved.

144,000 sealed.

Plus.

The great multitude in white robes.

Christians never believed (except JW) that Heaven had space for only 144,000.
بدرود , بدرود , بدرود

wizard

Post by wizard »

Is it the excluded to heaven or the included into it is more in number?

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

Aksel Ankersen wrote:Christians never believed (except JW) that Heaven had space for only 144,000.
However, it is indeed written in the Bible that only a tiny number will attain Heaven.So that means majority will have to remain out of it.
palli or halli in Dravidian languages means a village just like gaav in Aryan languages means a village.palli or halli in Aryan Mauryan Imperial era around 200 B.C designates a tribal hamlet.So many of those in South India are indeed descendants of tribals and are still keeping up that heritage.

crazymonkie_

Post by crazymonkie_ »

Well, it's also true that until Dispensationalism and a literal reading of Revelation (yeah, it sounds funny to me too) took hold, at least in the U.S. (mid-1800s and later) that wasn't the case. But now? In my home country, I'll find myself bumping into people who truly, honestly believe that there are only 144,000 human beings, ever, who will get into Heaven. They're obviously mostly people who also believe in predestination, despite the really clear theological blind alley of that particular belief.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

BloodoftheLamb wrote:No one shall enter the kingdom of heaven unless they come as a little child.
http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewt ... ght=#64755" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So by practising birth control,Christians are preventing people from attaining salvation.So birth control is un-Christian.
palli or halli in Dravidian languages means a village just like gaav in Aryan languages means a village.palli or halli in Aryan Mauryan Imperial era around 200 B.C designates a tribal hamlet.So many of those in South India are indeed descendants of tribals and are still keeping up that heritage.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

crazymonkie_ wrote:Well, it's also true that until Dispensationalism and a literal reading of Revelation (yeah, it sounds funny to me too) took hold, at least in the U.S. (mid-1800s and later) that wasn't the case. But now? In my home country, I'll find myself bumping into people who truly, honestly believe that there are only 144,000 human beings, ever, who will get into Heaven. They're obviously mostly people who also believe in predestination, despite the really clear theological blind alley of that particular belief.
5From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed,
from the tribe of Reuben 12,000,
from the tribe of Gad 12,000,
6from the tribe of Asher 12,000,
from the tribe of Naphtali 12,000,
from the tribe of Manasseh 12,000,
7from the tribe of Simeon 12,000,
from the tribe of Levi 12,000,
from the tribe of Issachar 12,000,
8from the tribe of Zebulun 12,000,
from the tribe of Joseph 12,000,
from the tribe of Benjamin 12,000.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... urn false;

I think it was David-Ben-Ariel who tried to fit in all the Anglo-Saxons and other white men of his choice into one of the above mentioned 12 Jewish tribes and thus proclaim them to be superior.When I see so many muslims in my city with their moustaches shaved and with big beards,somehow that along with their eternall hell book irritate me.Slowly I got used to it.Total abstinence from shaving both might mean saving valuable natural resources and hence praiseworthy,but what is this pseudo-tradition/pseudo-measure?