Insulting religion

Does God exist? Is Allah God? Creation vs. evolution.
Is Religion needed? Logic vs. faith. Morality and ethics.
Yohan

Re: Insulting religion

Post by Yohan »

gupsfu wrote:
tejpat wrote:i feel the same way. All abrahmic religions works on guilt+fear mechanism, and if that doesn't work they go further to any extent to convert and increase their religious gang.
Not only that. The 3 Abrahamic religions are the only ones I know that order their followers to convert non-believers and tell non-believers that they will suffer if they don't believe, which is something that Eastern religions never do. I think that's what makes Abrahamic religions way more dangerous than other religions. (If you don't understand what I mean, think harder)

It's no coincidence that no war was ever fought in the name of Buddhism, Taoism or Shintoism, etc.
Judaism, an abrahmic religion was/is hardly missionary. Buddhism was the first missionary religion, that pioneered to convert other people. Hinduism spread across the subcontinent by Brahmin missionaries converting the ruling classes in the various kingdoms, mostly by badmouthing Buddhism. As recently as 3 years ago, there were news that Christians were forcibly converted to Hinduism in the Orissa state of India, by forcing them to drink diluted cow dung. History also records that there were wars and communal violence in some parts of India, as Buddhism was eclipsed by Hinduism in India. Buddhist temples were taken over by Hindu priests and converted into Hindu temples.
gupsfu

Post by gupsfu »

Yohan wrote:Judaism, an abrahmic religion was/is hardly missionary. Buddhism was the first missionary religion, that pioneered to convert other people.
I can't speak for what happened in India, but Buddhists were hardly missionary in East Asia in the same sense that the Abrahamic religions were in the rest of the world. (Buddhists asked for donations, but never pressed anyone to believe what they believed, not with threats of hell anyway, like the Christians or Muslims did.)

As for the Hindus, I don't know enough about them and that's why I didn't even mention them.

I'd just say there were hardly any religious wars fought in East Asia until the Christian uprising in the 19th Century China, as compared to so many religious wars fought in Europe and Central Asia in the past. That's something to think about.
"Is there anybody out there? Just nod if you can hear me." ~ Roger Waters
tejpat

Post by tejpat »

Yohan wrote: Judaism, an abrahmic religion was/is hardly missionary. Buddhism was the first missionary religion, that pioneered to convert other people. Hinduism spread across the subcontinent by Brahmin missionaries converting the ruling classes in the various kingdoms, mostly by badmouthing Buddhism. As recently as 3 years ago, there were news that Christians were forcibly converted to Hinduism in the Orissa state of India, by forcing them to drink diluted cow dung. History also records that there were wars and communal violence in some parts of India, as Buddhism was eclipsed by Hinduism in India. Buddhist temples were taken over by Hindu priests and converted into Hindu temples.
Here we go again with Aryan-invasion BULLSH!T.
There are no historical records that strengthens your aryan-invasion theory, neither in your so-called native indian history nor in Hindu scriptures.

budhhism is a part of Hinduism which was spread not by Fear based tactics that is usually carried out by abrahmic religions.

the only way Christians have approached me and others was by telling us "your soul is in danger of ETERNAL TORTURE"
Cheap fear based tactics.

I don't have problem with Christianity, we already have thousands of gods/goddesses, won't mind adding any number more.
the problem that i have is monopolizing the god. Christianity has always tried to monopolize god and so as Islam.
If any of the religions was from the all knowing genius creator, his religion and scripture should have been really smart as well, but none is. - Iffo
Skenderbeg

Post by Skenderbeg »

tejpat wrote:
Skenderbeg wrote: You're proving LCD point that people like you are just Christian haters and it comes through clear on most of your posts i been reading here. Again you attacking Christians who believes in evolution as "hypocrites" because the Bible says women came from mans rib, and again thats from the OT and do you say the same thing for Jews ? or just Christians ? I think i know the answer to that. Jews seem to have no problem reading their holy book and still believing in their faith and bible even though the bible tells them women was created from mans rib., will you attack Jews as well now ?
You are saying as if christian's scriptures fell from sky. god of OT is god of NT. christianity is a squeal of Judaism.
jesus while on cross was talking with his father = god of OT.
and if i am criticizing OT that means I am criticizing all who are connected with it, jews, christians and for this situation muslims.

i mean how can christians just escape from OT, its their base. jesus came later.
and let me remind you, jesus was prophesied in OT so basically divinity of jesus depends on divinity of OT.
christianity doesn't consist of only NT and jesus but also OT.
You're totally missing my point and that's this if Christians have to answer for the OT so do Jews, its really that simple, people like you were attacking Christians on here because of the story of Adam and women coming from his rib and saying if any Christian believes that they are insane and crazy and yet I asked you If the same apply's to Jews ? why did you attack Christians and not Jews since its their book as well and even more then Christians?

let me make this simple so even you can understand this when leftist. atheist. or people like you Hindu radicals attack Christians for anything in the OT you cannot do so without attacking Jews as much and even more then Christians. if you don't then you are just being anti Christian and you have no credibility.

And you're right Jesus was prophesied in the OT and here are just some prophecies Jesus fulfilled.

http://answering-islam.org/Gilchrist/lamb.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tejpat

Post by tejpat »

Skenderbeg wrote:
tejpat wrote:
Skenderbeg wrote: You're proving LCD point that people like you are just Christian haters and it comes through clear on most of your posts i been reading here. Again you attacking Christians who believes in evolution as "hypocrites" because the Bible says women came from mans rib, and again thats from the OT and do you say the same thing for Jews ? or just Christians ? I think i know the answer to that. Jews seem to have no problem reading their holy book and still believing in their faith and bible even though the bible tells them women was created from mans rib., will you attack Jews as well now ?
You are saying as if christian's scriptures fell from sky. god of OT is god of NT. christianity is a squeal of Judaism.
jesus while on cross was talking with his father = god of OT.
and if i am criticizing OT that means I am criticizing all who are connected with it, jews, christians and for this situation muslims.

i mean how can christians just escape from OT, its their base. jesus came later.
and let me remind you, jesus was prophesied in OT so basically divinity of jesus depends on divinity of OT.
christianity doesn't consist of only NT and jesus but also OT.
You're totally missing my point and that's this if Christians have to answer for the OT so do Jews, its really that simple, people like you were attacking Christians on here because of the story of Adam and women coming from his rib and saying if any Christian believes that they are insane and crazy and yet I asked you If the same apply's to Jews ? why did you attack Christians and not Jews since its their book as well and even more then Christians?

let me make this simple so even you can understand this when leftist. atheist. or people like you Hindu radicals attack Christians for anything in the OT you cannot do so without attacking Jews as much and even more then Christians. if you don't then you are just being anti Christian and you have no credibility.

And you're right Jesus was prophesied in the OT and here are just some prophecies Jesus fulfilled.

http://answering-islam.org/Gilchrist/lamb.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
who in the world told you that Jews are not being questioned, of course they are.
are you a delusional person :prop: ? coming up with your own fantasy conclusions.
I am not attacking christianity alone. but since I am debating with one, I have to include him only, its call common sense.
bring any jew on this thread, I'll ask him too about Adam and his rib=eve :lol:
If any of the religions was from the all knowing genius creator, his religion and scripture should have been really smart as well, but none is. - Iffo
sword_of_truth

Post by sword_of_truth »

So what? what they did was wrong, adn the bible says so. Just like a stupid muslim,
That's very funny. I said so, too. You are so mired in your preconceptions that you can't even notice that I said something in the Bible's defense. The point was that you were incorrect in your statement.
"...if you want my personal preference say I found out that my wife was cheating with me flogging would be too good a punishment."

--fudgy
sword_of_truth

Post by sword_of_truth »

Oh Poor Poor Science, who puts forth a theory, like the theory of evolution with a gap in the fossil record and can't really prove it, but expects everyone to just buy it.
Yes, we can "prove" it (as much as anything else can be proven), but you don't understand the evidence. It's not about the fossil record, alone. It's in the DNA, comparative anatomy, embryology. It all fits together against overwhelming odds. You'll believe it when it comes to paternity tests, but you won't believe it when it threatens your worldview.
Yeah, thanks, Also, your statement that you want to destroy Christianity, proves my point.
And what is that point? That you put words in my mouth? I said creationism, not Christianity. And as I've been pointing out, if evolution destroys Christianity, then I don't have to destroy it because it has already been destroyed. The Noah's ark story did not happen, and anyone who says otherwise may as well believe in Santa Claus because it isn't any more plausible. Period. That's no exaggeration.

And once that rather obvious fact is admitted, there is sufficient room in interpretation for evolution and Christianity to coexist fairly comfortably.
Christians don't want to destroy Athiests.

But Athiests want to destroy christians and christianity, and will do whatever it takes, down to outright attacking, which is all i see out of athiests, irrational hatred, which you record as "complex" and also, based on the idea that christians, get too "Annoying." Guess Hitler thought the jews were "annoying" too, you sound like a five year old who doesn't want to do his homework, cause its annoying...
Dude, you know that that is just ridiculous. Doesn't even merit a rebuttal.
"...if you want my personal preference say I found out that my wife was cheating with me flogging would be too good a punishment."

--fudgy
Ram

Post by Ram »

Yohan wrote:Another characteristic of these Hindu fanatics is animus towards Christianity
Let us not forget about hate mongering against Hindus (Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains etc.) by Christian preachers like Frank Graham, Benny Hinn and the likes. You can hear them everyday, 24 hours a day, on American televisions spewing their venom in the name of Jesus Christ.

They will never stop repeating that their God loves every one but there is only one catch - that is to surrender your senses to their narrow minded bigotry, otherwise their loving God is going to roast you for ever in eternal fire of hell.
वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्।
سارا سنسار ایک پریوار ہے۔
The Whole World is a Family.
Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Ram wrote:
Yohan wrote:Another characteristic of these Hindu fanatics is animus towards Christianity
Let us not forget about hate mongering against Hindus (Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains etc.) by Christian preachers like Frank Graham, Benny Hinn and the likes. You can hear them everyday, 24 hours a day, on American televisions spewing their venom in the name of Jesus Christ.

They will never stop repeating that their God loves every one but there is only one catch - that is to surrender your senses to their narrow minded bigotry, otherwise their loving God is going to roast you for ever in eternal fire of hell.
What's your point? I just stated a characteristic of Hindu fanatics. I have no opinion about badmouthing religions. When fanatics turn their words into action, then it is a very different matter. That is what Hindu fanatics had done, and I pointed out examples.

FYI, Christianity was founded upon by badmouthing other religions. That's why Jesus, Peter, Paul and so on got killed. Missionaries will continue to do so, and they have every right to do so. Religious market place should be like economic market place where everyone competes for new customers. That includes badmouthing the competitor, and if you don't believe it, just watch TV commercials.

You have a naiive and utopian view of Hinduism. You being from the fringes of Hinduism, from Baluchistan, Sind have something to do with it. Hindus there do not even have a Brahmin caste in their communities. I spent times growing up in areas in India that were continuously ruled by Hindu Kings, and never conquered or ruled by Muslims. I know the real Hinduism. I have lived in the belly of the beast. I am well read in its history. So when Hindus in this forum lie, I catch them every time.
tejpat

Post by tejpat »

Yohan wrote: FYI, Christianity was founded upon by badmouthing other religions. That's why Jesus, Peter, Paul and so on got killed. Missionaries will continue to do so, and they have every right to do so.
Same like muhhamadm he was too bad mouthing other religions.
Missionaries are bunch of Liars and cheats.
Yohan wrote:Religious market place should be like economic market place where everyone competes for new customers. That includes badmouthing the competitor, and if you don't believe it, just watch TV commercials.
Sell Your religion, your god and shove it in everyone's throat.
2 pounds of jesus for $ 5 and 3 liters of holy water $ 6
LCD

Post by LCD »

Christianity was not founded on badmouthing other religions, if badmouths no religion, except islam and calls it false a 1000 years before islam comes into being.
You should command that the Qur’an be collected.’” Abu Bakr added, “I said to `Umar, ‘How can we do what the Prophet never did?Jeremiah 31:25 "there will be no more Jews on the Earth when the sun, moon and stars stop shining," i.e. the end of the Earth and civilization.
SAM

Post by SAM »

byteresistor wrote:Where did all the other people come from after Adam and Eve?
There were no other human beings made alongside Adam or any other human beings living at the time of Adam. He is the first man/human created by God. And Eve followed a few thousand years later. We are all descendants of Adam in other words we all the clones of Adam.
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.
Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance."
(2:120)
pr126

Post by pr126 »

SAM wrote:
There were no other human beings made alongside Adam or any other human beings living at the time of Adam. He is the first man/human created by God. And Eve followed a few thousand years later. We are all descendants of Adam in other words we all the clones of Adam.
What?!
How did this cloning happen? Is this in the in the Quran? Where?
Islam: an idea to kill and die for.
SAM

Post by SAM »

pr126 wrote:
SAM wrote:
What?!
How did this cloning happen? Is this in the in the Quran? Where?
This is divine knowledge the supreme secret of Islamic teaching.
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.
Methinx

Post by Methinx »

SAM wrote: This is divine knowledge the supreme secret of Islamic teaching.
If it is divine knowledge, how come you and others know it ?

Does ' Utterly Just' (Al-'Adl) Allah privilege some people over others?

Or is it more bull....?
Surtout, pas trop de zele
SAM

Post by SAM »

Methinx wrote:

Or is it more bull....?
I do not lie and baloney to withhold the truth. 

It's up to you to believe it or not.
Methinx

Post by Methinx »

SAM wrote:
Methinx wrote:

Or is it more bull....?
I do not lie and baloney to withhold the truth. 

It's up to you to believe it or not.
When I was a kid I used to believe in Father Xmas, I didn't think it was a lie but it didn't make it true.
Tks anyway.

ws.
SAM

Post by SAM »

Methinx wrote:
When I was a kid I used to believe in Father Xmas, I didn't think it was a lie but it didn't make it true.
Tks anyway.

ws.
I have not yet finished with my untold story of Adam.

If you interested, I will continue a short stories of Adam n God's creation. 
pr126

Post by pr126 »

SAM wrote:
Methinx wrote:
Tks anyway.

ws.

Please don't.
Islam: an idea to kill and die for.
Methinx

Post by Methinx »

SAM wrote:
Methinx wrote:
Tks anyway.

ws.

Please. do tell, I would be interested.

I would also be interested in knowing why you might believe such a story.