Insulting religion

Does God exist? Is Allah God? Creation vs. evolution.
Is Religion needed? Logic vs. faith. Morality and ethics.
tejpat
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:08 am

Re: Insulting religion

Post by tejpat »

Skenderbeg wrote: You're proving LCD point that people like you are just Christian haters and it comes through clear on most of your posts i been reading here. Again you attacking Christians who believes in evolution as "hypocrites" because the Bible says women came from mans rib, and again thats from the OT and do you say the same thing for Jews ? or just Christians ? I think i know the answer to that. Jews seem to have no problem reading their holy book and still believing in their faith and bible even though the bible tells them women was created from mans rib., will you attack Jews as well now ?
You are saying as if christian's scriptures fell from sky. god of OT is god of NT. christianity is a squeal of Judaism.
jesus while on cross was talking with his father = god of OT.
and if i am criticizing OT that means I am criticizing all who are connected with it, jews, christians and for this situation muslims.

i mean how can christians just escape from OT, its their base. jesus came later.
and let me remind you, jesus was prophesied in OT so basically divinity of jesus depends on divinity of OT.
christianity doesn't consist of only NT and jesus but also OT.
If any of the religions was from the all knowing genius creator, his religion and scripture should have been really smart as well, but none is. - Iffo

Yohan
Posts: 2272
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Insulting religion

Post by Yohan »

Skenderbeg wrote:You're proving LCD point that people like you are just Christian haters and it comes through clear on most of your posts i been reading here. Again you attacking Christians who believes in evolution as "hypocrites" because the Bible says women came from mans rib, and again thats from the OT and do you say the same thing for Jews ? or just Christians ? I think i know the answer to that. Jews seem to have no problem reading their holy book and still believing in their faith and bible even though the bible tells them women was created from mans rib., will you attack Jews as well now ?
'Tej' is a typical Hindu fanatic, actually a garden variety type. There are many of his likes in India, and a few had been visitors to this site. Tej is the current one. They do not know much about any religion including their own, but would always lie to prop up Hinduism.

Another characteristic of these Hindu fanatics is animus towards Christianity. This hatred seems to have come from the fact that much of the history of Hinduism and Hindu culture (which is the same as the history and culture of India) had been revealed to the world by researchers from the West who happened to be Christian, and that what they had revealed had not been a pleasant one. The other reason is that they have an intense fear that too many Hindus would opt for Christianity, given a free choice (just like the fear Muslims have). To counter these perceived damages, the Hindu fanatics have manufactured a bogus history of their own, and have undertaken an intense effort to badmouth Christianity including anything or anyone that is associated with it (an example given below). So far, no one has been bought into their trickery except for a few, since Hindus for most part are pretty smart to fall for it.
tejpat wrote:--- and most dangerous terrorist is mother terresa, ----.
Last edited by Yohan on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wootah
Posts: 2056
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:41 am

Re: Insulting religion

Post by Wootah »

tejpat wrote:
Skenderbeg wrote: You're proving LCD point that people like you are just Christian haters and it comes through clear on most of your posts i been reading here. Again you attacking Christians who believes in evolution as "hypocrites" because the Bible says women came from mans rib, and again thats from the OT and do you say the same thing for Jews ? or just Christians ? I think i know the answer to that. Jews seem to have no problem reading their holy book and still believing in their faith and bible even though the bible tells them women was created from mans rib., will you attack Jews as well now ?
You are saying as if christian's scriptures fell from sky. god of OT is god of NT. christianity is a squeal of Judaism.
jesus while on cross was talking with his father = god of OT.
and if i am criticizing OT that means I am criticizing all who are connected with it, jews, christians and for this situation muslims.

i mean how can christians just escape from OT, its their base. jesus came later.
and let me remind you, jesus was prophesied in OT so basically divinity of jesus depends on divinity of OT.
christianity doesn't consist of only NT and jesus but also OT.
I personally love the OT so if you have an issue with it we can discuss it. There is a site I use for my christian debating called Debating Christianity http://debatingchristianity.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it might be better overall to use that site to discuss Christianity and any questions/issues you have as I might not be able to devote proper attention to such topics on this site.

sword_of_truth
Posts: 884
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:36 am

Re: Insulting religion

Post by sword_of_truth »


I am not claiming that christinas who believe in evolution are not christians, i guess they ignore what bible say.
Creationism = god created man and then made woman out of man's rib
Evolution = Evovling from Great Ape into Humans
they both are clearly contradictory.
anyone who agrees with evolution while still being christian is nothing but a hypocrite.
now about the catholic church, explain me how evolution and creationism can be put on same table because creationism clearly says woman was made out of man's rib which is totally wrong in the eye's of evolution.
The bible isn't like the Quran. Some Christians think that parts of it are man-made. Why couldn't that be the case? And that's not all. The fact that the Noah's ark story obviously didn't happen does not prove that it is not from God. Human authors write fictional stories all the time. Why can't God write a fictional story in order to teach us something? Nothing wrong with that. If God gave expects Christians to use their brains at all, it would be obvious to them that this is exactly what was intended. Same thing with women coming from a rib. It may disprove the story, but, again, there's nothing stopping God from writing fiction. Very simple point.
"...if you want my personal preference say I found out that my wife was cheating with me flogging would be too good a punishment."

--fudgy

tejpat
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:08 am

Re: Insulting religion

Post by tejpat »

Yohan wrote: 'Tej' is a typical Hindu fanatic, actually a garden variety type. There are many of his likes in India, and a few had been visitors to this site. Tej is the current one. They do not know much about any religion including their own, but would always lie to prop up Hinduism.

Another characteristic of these Hindu fanatics is animus towards Christianity. This hatred seems to have come from the fact that much of the history of Hinduism and Hindu culture (which is the same as the history and culture of India) had been revealed to the world by researchers from the West who happened to be Christian, and that what they had revealed had not been a pleasant one. The other reason is that they have an intense fear that too many Hindus would opt for Christianity, given a free choice (just like the fear Muslims have). To counter these perceived damages, the Hindu fanatics have manufactured a bogus history of their own, and have undertaken an intense effort to badmouth Christianity including anything or anyone that is associated with it (an example given below). So far, no one has been bought into their trickery except for a few, since Hindus for most part are pretty smart to fall for it.
and you are a typical christian fanatic.
nobody wants your opinions on me, and i don't care even.

all you have been doing is belittling me.
is that all you have got, you are behaving same as muslims.
If any of the religions was from the all knowing genius creator, his religion and scripture should have been really smart as well, but none is. - Iffo

tejpat
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:08 am

Re: Insulting religion

Post by tejpat »

Wootah wrote:
I personally love the OT so if you have an issue with it we can discuss it. There is a site I use for my christian debating called Debating Christianity http://debatingchristianity.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it might be better overall to use that site to discuss Christianity and any questions/issues you have as I might not be able to devote proper attention to such topics on this site.
the point which i made was Christians are supposed to defend OT because its their own part.
what are you talking about ?
why suddenly so you are so defensive?
If any of the religions was from the all knowing genius creator, his religion and scripture should have been really smart as well, but none is. - Iffo

tejpat
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:08 am

Re: Insulting religion

Post by tejpat »

sword_of_truth wrote:
The bible isn't like the Quran. Some Christians think that parts of it are man-made. Why couldn't that be the case? And that's not all. The fact that the Noah's ark story obviously didn't happen does not prove that it is not from God. Human authors write fictional stories all the time. Why can't God write a fictional story in order to teach us something? Nothing wrong with that. If God gave expects Christians to use their brains at all, it would be obvious to them that this is exactly what was intended. Same thing with women coming from a rib. It may disprove the story, but, again, there's nothing stopping God from writing fiction. Very simple point.
hahaha.
if you have stretched your thinking limits till "man-made bible" "why can't god add fictional stories" "very simple point"
why can't you add a little more like "god is a fictional character of bible" "all stories from bible are fictional" .
but you'll only go till your comfort zone.
If any of the religions was from the all knowing genius creator, his religion and scripture should have been really smart as well, but none is. - Iffo

sword_of_truth
Posts: 884
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:36 am

Re: Insulting religion

Post by sword_of_truth »

hahaha.
if you have stretched your thinking limits till "man-made bible" "why can't god add fictional stories" "very simple point"
why can't you add a little more like "god is a fictional character of bible" "all stories from bible are fictional" .
but you'll only go till your comfort zone.
No. I'm an atheist, buddy. Of course God is a fictional character of the Bible. No, it doesn't make much sense. I am just saying that it makes more sense than Noah's ridiculous ark. It's much less ridiculous to say that God wrote a fictional story than to claim that it is true, which absurd. The whole point is that it was ridiculous in the first place. So, by your standards, Christianity has already been destroyed because it's obvious that the Noah's ark story is fiction. Painfully, painfully, painfully obvious. If evolution destroys it, then, obviously, there wasn't anything there to destroy.
"...if you want my personal preference say I found out that my wife was cheating with me flogging would be too good a punishment."

--fudgy

User avatar
Sten
Posts: 3205
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:19 am

Re: Insulting religion

Post by Sten »

sword_of_truth wrote:It's much less ridiculous to say that God wrote a fictional story than to claim that it is true, which absurd.
The only problem with that is, god is supposed to be perfect. That means that if God wrote a fictional story, it would be the most well-written, exciting, and intelligent fictional story ever concieved. Nobody could possibly write anything better, everyone who read the story would love it and want to read it again and again. Instead we have a far-fetched story about an incestuous family.
The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.
- Carl Sagan

LCD
Posts: 702
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:31 am

Re: Insulting religion

Post by LCD »

Sten wrote:
sword_of_truth wrote:It's much less ridiculous to say that God wrote a fictional story than to claim that it is true, which absurd.
The only problem with that is, god is supposed to be perfect. That means that if God wrote a fictional story, it would be the most well-written, exciting, and intelligent fictional story ever concieved. Nobody could possibly write anything better, everyone who read the story would love it and want to read it again and again. Instead we have a far-fetched story about an incestuous family.
Actually, Genesis and Exodus doesnt tell the storyof an incestuous family at all. You're simply sitting there trashing the bible as usual.
You should command that the Qur’an be collected.’” Abu Bakr added, “I said to `Umar, ‘How can we do what the Prophet never did?Jeremiah 31:25 "there will be no more Jews on the Earth when the sun, moon and stars stop shining," i.e. the end of the Earth and civilization.

User avatar
byteresistor
Posts: 1514
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:41 am

Re: Insulting religion

Post by byteresistor »

LCD wrote:Actually, Genesis and Exodus doesnt tell the storyof an incestuous family at all. You're simply sitting there trashing the bible as usual.
Adam and Eve... you fill in the blanks. Where did all the other people come from?

User avatar
pr126
Posts: 5429
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:24 am
Location: Blighty

Re: Insulting religion

Post by pr126 »

byteresistor wrote:
LCD wrote:Actually, Genesis and Exodus doesnt tell the storyof an incestuous family at all. You're simply sitting there trashing the bible as usual.
Adam and Eve... you fill in the blanks. Where did all the other people come from?
Cloning? :whistling:
Islam: an idea to kill and die for.

sword_of_truth
Posts: 884
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:36 am

Re: Insulting religion

Post by sword_of_truth »

The only problem with that is, god is supposed to be perfect. That means that if God wrote a fictional story, it would be the most well-written, exciting, and intelligent fictional story ever concieved. Nobody could possibly write anything better, everyone who read the story would love it and want to read it again and again. Instead we have a far-fetched story about an incestuous family.
Right, but it's far less ridiculous than actually claiming it's literally true. You can always explain it away by saying it was God's whim. It doesn't have to be that great if God doesn't want it to be, and even if you insist that it has to be, claiming that the Bible is great literature is something that you can at least attempt to make a respectable argument for, which is not the case at all for the Flood actually having happened.
"...if you want my personal preference say I found out that my wife was cheating with me flogging would be too good a punishment."

--fudgy

sword_of_truth
Posts: 884
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:36 am

Re: Insulting religion

Post by sword_of_truth »

Adam and Eve... you fill in the blanks. Where did all the other people come from?
:lol:

Also, have a look at Genesis 19:30-38. Lot's daughters seduce him. Of course, this is only to point out how sinful they are, but it's still incestuous.
"...if you want my personal preference say I found out that my wife was cheating with me flogging would be too good a punishment."

--fudgy

LCD
Posts: 702
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:31 am

Re: Insulting religion

Post by LCD »

sword_of_truth wrote:
Adam and Eve... you fill in the blanks. Where did all the other people come from?
:lol:

Also, have a look at Genesis 19:30-38. Lot's daughters seduce him. Of course, this is only to point out how sinful they are, but it's still incestuous.
So what? what they did was wrong, adn the bible says so. Just like a stupid muslim,
You should command that the Qur’an be collected.’” Abu Bakr added, “I said to `Umar, ‘How can we do what the Prophet never did?Jeremiah 31:25 "there will be no more Jews on the Earth when the sun, moon and stars stop shining," i.e. the end of the Earth and civilization.

LCD
Posts: 702
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:31 am

Re: Insulting religion

Post by LCD »


God is not there to destroy, as far as we can tell. I am rather indifferent towards the continued existence of "Christianity", as such. I don't care if it lives or dies. What I care about is more specific trends WITHIN Christianity. Like creationism. That is harmful to science, and, yes, it would be an admirable accomplishment if it were destroyed.
Oh Poor Poor Science, who puts forth a theory, like the theory of evolution with a gap in the fossil record and can't really prove it, but expects everyone to just buy it. Yeah, thanks, Also, your statement that you want to destroy Christianity, proves my point.

Christians don't want to destroy Athiests.

But Athiests want to destroy christians and christianity, and will do whatever it takes, down to outright attacking, which is all i see out of athiests, irrational hatred, which you record as "complex" and also, based on the idea that christians, get too "Annoying." Guess Hitler thought the jews were "annoying" too, you sound like a five year old who doesn't want to do his homework, cause its annoying...
You should command that the Qur’an be collected.’” Abu Bakr added, “I said to `Umar, ‘How can we do what the Prophet never did?Jeremiah 31:25 "there will be no more Jews on the Earth when the sun, moon and stars stop shining," i.e. the end of the Earth and civilization.

User avatar
Sten
Posts: 3205
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:19 am

Re: Insulting religion

Post by Sten »

LCD wrote:Guess Hitler thought the jews were "annoying" too
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies)[1][2] is a humorous observation made by Mike Godwin in 1990[2] which has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1 (100%)."[3][2] In other words, Godwin put forth the hyperbolic observation that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably criticizes some point made in the discussion by comparing it to beliefs held by Hitler and the Nazis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law
The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.
- Carl Sagan

User avatar
Sten
Posts: 3205
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:19 am

Re: Insulting religion

Post by Sten »

sword_of_truth wrote:Also, have a look at Genesis 19:30-38. Lot's daughters seduce him. Of course, this is only to point out how sinful they are, but it's still incestuous.
Also Noah's daughters seduce him while he is drunk. There seems to be a lot of this kind of thing in the Bible, it almost seems as though the Judaeo-Christian god has a fetish for incest.
The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.
- Carl Sagan

User avatar
byteresistor
Posts: 1514
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:41 am

Re: Insulting religion

Post by byteresistor »

Where are you LCD? Where did all the other people come from after Adam and Eve? Why won't you answer this question?

User avatar
gupsfu
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:32 pm

Re: Insulting religion

Post by gupsfu »

tejpat wrote:i feel the same way. All abrahmic religions works on guilt+fear mechanism, and if that doesn't work they go further to any extent to convert and increase their religious gang.
Not only that. The 3 Abrahamic religions are the only ones I know that order their followers to convert non-believers and tell non-believers that they will suffer if they don't believe, which is something that Eastern religions never do. I think that's what makes Abrahamic religions way more dangerous than other religions. (If you don't understand what I mean, think harder)

It's no coincidence that no war was ever fought in the name of Buddhism, Taoism or Shintoism, etc.
"Is there anybody out there? Just nod if you can hear me." ~ Roger Waters

Post Reply