Pakistan - Suicide bombs are routine

Discuss world politics in relation to Islam and Muslims.
tejpat
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:08 am

Pakistan - Suicide bombs are routine

Post by tejpat »

Suicide bomber kills 10 in NW Pakistan
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 825663.cms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiap ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If any of the religions was from the all knowing genius creator, his religion and scripture should have been really smart as well, but none is. - Iffo
User avatar
pr126
Posts: 5483
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:24 am
Location: Blighty

Re: Pakistan - Suicide bombs are routine

Post by pr126 »

For Islam lethal violence is a form of communication.
The reptilian brain is still dominant in Muslims.
Because of Islam, which encourages solving problems with violence.
Islam: an idea to kill and die for.
crazymonkie_
Posts: 1899
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:01 am

Re: Pakistan - Suicide bombs are routine

Post by crazymonkie_ »

My feeling is that Pakistan is already a lost cause. The US, if it's going to put its money anywhere in the region, should be spending the copious amount it's giving to Pakistan to India. India's actually improving, and could use the money- and I don't doubt that it would be an ACTUAL (not a nominal) bulwark against the spread of Islam in the region. Yes there are big problems with apologist Hindus, and the Muslim population is pretty sizable, but it's manageable. Not like in Pakistan. It was circling the drain well before Musharraf stepped down- now I'm pretty sure there's nothing to prevent the Taliban from taking over Pakistan next. Certainly no thanks to the cluster-f**k that has been the Afghanistan war. A few thousand troops against a much larger force with aggressive recruitment tactics and an ignorant, if not opposed to all things "Western", populace as well as major home field advantage? Sure, it'll be taken care of in no time!
ringmaster
Posts: 1679
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:36 pm

Re: Pakistan - Suicide bombs are routine

Post by ringmaster »

crazymonkie_ wrote:
My feeling is that Pakistan is already a lost cause.
I would suggest that it has never been anything else.

They are muslims.

crazymonkie_ wrote:
The US, if it's going to put its money anywhere in the region, should be spending the copious amount it's giving to Pakistan to India. India's actually improving, and could use the money- and I don't doubt that it would be an ACTUAL (not a nominal) bulwark against the spread of Islam in the region.
I absolutely agree. I agree with Christopher Hitchens when he said that India could be our most critical ally in this clash of civilizations, though I hesitate to characterize the muslim world as a “civilization”. There is nothing “civil” about them. India’s importance is something that idealogues like Le Pen and the BNP have never been swift enough to discern for themselves.
crazymonkie_ wrote:
Yes there are big problems with apologist Hindus, and the Muslim population is pretty sizable, but it's manageable.
Yes…even among Hindus, muslims have their useful idiots too. That’s really pathetic when one considers that many of those useful idiots were alive when muslims were slaughtering Hindus in Bangladesh in 1971. I am sure all of them were alive when Mumbai happened not so long ago.

crazymonkie_ wrote:
Not like in Pakistan. It was circling the drain well before Musharraf stepped down- now I'm pretty sure there's nothing to prevent the Taliban from taking over Pakistan next.
The taliban and Pukeistan deserve each other.
crazymonkie_ wrote:
Certainly no thanks to the cluster-f**k that has been the Afghanistan war. A few thousand troops against a much larger force with aggressive recruitment tactics and an ignorant, if not opposed to all things "Western", populace as well as major home field advantage? Sure, it'll be taken care of in no time!
Yes it is a small force against a larger force. However the casualty count is incredibly lopsided. However, that will change nothing. Millions of coalition troops will change nothing. Killing everybody there will change nothing.

I have never yet found a way to pick up a piece of sh*t by the clean end.
The prophet of Islam was nothing more than a common criminal.

Please tell me if this is accurate:

“I have fabricated things against God and have imputed to Him words which He has not spoken.”
~MUHAMMAD (Al-Tabari 6:111)
Ram
Posts: 2136
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:40 am

Re: Pakistan - Suicide bombs are routine

Post by Ram »

crazymonkie_ wrote:My feeling is that Pakistan is already a lost cause. The US, if it's going to put its money anywhere in the region, should be spending the copious amount it's giving to Pakistan to India. India's actually improving, and could use the money- and I don't doubt that it would be an ACTUAL (not a nominal) bulwark against the spread of Islam in the region. Yes there are big problems with apologist Hindus, and the Muslim population is pretty sizable, but it's manageable. Not like in Pakistan. It was circling the drain well before Musharraf stepped down- now I'm pretty sure there's nothing to prevent the Taliban from taking over Pakistan next. Certainly no thanks to the cluster-f**k that has been the Afghanistan war. A few thousand troops against a much larger force with aggressive recruitment tactics and an ignorant, if not opposed to all things "Western", populace as well as major home field advantage? Sure, it'll be taken care of in no time!
Americans will never side with India against Pakistan. It has never happened, will not happen. The US has always leaned towards Pakistan and always will. Not because Americans love Pakistan, but because they want a rival against India in South Asia. Americans do not want a dominant regional power in that region. They want two powers, which more or less are in balance. That is the reason, Americans give so much money to Pakistani army. The USA does not want to see a sole power in South Asia, because that would reduce it's geopolitical influence, that is how Americans see the Indian Sub-Continent.
वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्।
سارا سنسار ایک پریوار ہے۔
The Whole World is a Family.
Ereshkigal
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: Pakistan - Suicide bombs are routine

Post by Ereshkigal »

Ram wrote:

Americans will never side with India against Pakistan. It has never happened, will not happen. The US has always leaned towards Pakistan and always will. Not because Americans love Pakistan, but because they want a rival against India in South Asia. Americans do not want a dominant regional power in that region. They want two powers, which more or less are in balance. That is the reason, Americans give so much money to Pakistani army. The USA does not want to see a sole power in South Asia, because that would reduce it's geopolitical influence, that is how Americans see the Indian Sub-Continent.
America continues the British policy in India which deliberatly partitioned India in order to create a "balance of power" that they could play to their advantage. The British elite though they owned the world by a God given right and they teached this attitude to the elites of America. Not that this policy can be continued for very long since America's power is melting away at such a rate that in five years America's word and dollars won't be worth anything.

This won't be a bad thing since the Anglo-American elite has a chronic irreformable incapacity to see what Islam actually is, and has been supporting Islam since the 1940s.

Ereshkigal
User avatar
Ibn Rushd
Posts: 2128
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:46 pm
Location: Calgary, Canada
Contact:

Re: Pakistan - Suicide bombs are routine

Post by Ibn Rushd »

Going by what Ram said, then USA should give to Thailand, since they are a more trustworthy power, and not based on Islam. Pakistan has nothing going for it except terrorism. That is not worth funding.
There is no Master but the Master, and QT-1 is his Prophet.

Asimov's robot story "Reason"
Ram
Posts: 2136
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:40 am

Re: Pakistan - Suicide bombs are routine

Post by Ram »

Ibn Rushd wrote:Going by what Ram said, then USA should give to Thailand, since they are a more trustworthy power, and not based on Islam. Pakistan has nothing going for it except terrorism. That is not worth funding.
Thailand and India are not rivals. Thailand is not strategically important as Pakistan. If the US stops subsidizing Pakistan China's influence will grow and China even may end up de facto colonizing the country. China would very much like to dominate Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka to surround India. Americans understand that, so there is no way Americans will stop supporting Pakistan.
वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्।
سارا سنسار ایک پریوار ہے۔
The Whole World is a Family.
tejpat
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:08 am

Re: Pakistan - Suicide bombs are routine

Post by tejpat »

suicide bomber hits Sufi shrine in Pak during festival, kill 41
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 862073.cms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spoiler! :
Image
Image
Image
If any of the religions was from the all knowing genius creator, his religion and scripture should have been really smart as well, but none is. - Iffo
User avatar
Cassie
Posts: 2523
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:32 am

Re: Pakistan - Suicide bombs are routine

Post by Cassie »

Muslims keep claiming that Islam is the religion of peace, but their behavior proves exactly the opposite. No other major world religion has to make that claim because their core teachings are obviously non-violent.
ThereIs1Adonai
Posts: 1674
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:34 pm
Location: Heart of America

Re: Pakistan - Suicide bombs are routine

Post by ThereIs1Adonai »

Ram wrote:
Ibn Rushd wrote:Going by what Ram said, then USA should give to Thailand, since they are a more trustworthy power, and not based on Islam. Pakistan has nothing going for it except terrorism. That is not worth funding.
Thailand and India are not rivals. Thailand is not strategically important as Pakistan. If the US stops subsidizing Pakistan China's influence will grow and China even may end up de facto colonizing the country. China would very much like to dominate Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka to surround India. Americans understand that, so there is no way Americans will stop supporting Pakistan.

China controlling Pakistan could be a good thing. Communist control would destroy Islam as it does other religious beliefs with the exception of Christianity. But China just supporting Pakistan without controlling it would be dangerous. The reason Christianity thrives under persecution is because true believers will not cave in and go underground. The underground church has always thrived in Communist countries. Rather ironic, isn't it? I suspect that if atheist governments took over Islamic countries, most Muslims would quickly abandon their faith, except for a few holdouts. Many in Iran for example, are forced to follow Islam and blasphemy laws keep people from saying what they are really thinking. It would be interesting to see how strong their faith is when they are free to give it up.

China would like to dominate everything around them and around the world. But they are driven by pragmatism rather than religion. That reigns China in on the world stage. Unlike Islamic factions, dictators, etc., China is not driven by belief in a god who will provide them with rewards in the after-life, and blind devotion to said god. This leads them to some reason, which is seriously lacking in Muslims. We see that here in discussion.... the inability to reason things out logically. For this reason alone, China is both more dangerous that Isalmic nations, and less dangerous. Less dangerous because they are driven less by emotional idealism, and more dangerous because as an enemy Chinese leaders are more strategically rational and make a formidable foe.

It will be interesting to see what the world looks like 10 years from now.

Peace, Shalom
iffo
Posts: 4700
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: Pakistan - Suicide bombs are routine

Post by iffo »

ThereIs1Adonai wrote:
Ram wrote:
Ibn Rushd wrote:Going by what Ram said, then USA should give to Thailand, since they are a more trustworthy power, and not based on Islam. Pakistan has nothing going for it except terrorism. That is not worth funding.
Thailand and India are not rivals. Thailand is not strategically important as Pakistan. If the US stops subsidizing Pakistan China's influence will grow and China even may end up de facto colonizing the country. China would very much like to dominate Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka to surround India. Americans understand that, so there is no way Americans will stop supporting Pakistan.

China controlling Pakistan could be a good thing. Communist control would destroy Islam as it does other religious beliefs with the exception of Christianity. But China just supporting Pakistan without controlling it would be dangerous. The reason Christianity thrives under persecution is because true believers will not cave in and go underground. The underground church has always thrived in Communist countries. Rather ironic, isn't it? I suspect that if atheist governments took over Islamic countries, most Muslims would quickly abandon their faith, except for a few holdouts. Many in Iran for example, are forced to follow Islam and blasphemy laws keep people from saying what they are really thinking. It would be interesting to see how strong their faith is when they are free to give it up.

China would like to dominate everything around them and around the world. But they are driven by pragmatism rather than religion. That reigns China in on the world stage. Unlike Islamic factions, dictators, etc., China is not driven by belief in a god who will provide them with rewards in the after-life, and blind devotion to said god. This leads them to some reason, which is seriously lacking in Muslims. We see that here in discussion.... the inability to reason things out logically. For this reason alone, China is both more dangerous that Isalmic nations, and less dangerous. Less dangerous because they are driven less by emotional idealism, and more dangerous because as an enemy Chinese leaders are more strategically rational and make a formidable foe.

It will be interesting to see what the world looks like 10 years from now.

Peace, Shalom
10 years from now I don't think much will change, but my 6th sense tells me you will leave christanity because it is bogus, and will become a muslim and marry a wonderful loving muslim guy. I see life to be really beautiful for you in 2021.
ThereIs1Adonai
Posts: 1674
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:34 pm
Location: Heart of America

Re: Pakistan - Suicide bombs are routine

Post by ThereIs1Adonai »

iffo wrote:It will be interesting to see what the world looks like 10 years from now.[/b]

Peace, Shalom
10 years from now I don't think much will change, but my 6th sense tells me you will leave christanity because it is bogus, and will become a muslim and marry a wonderful loving muslim guy. I see life to be really beautiful for you in 2021.[/quote]


Iffie.... That is such a cute little fantasy you have! ;) Fits right in with a guy having seizures who claims to see Gabriel who tells him Jews and Christians have it all wrong and he alone was given the truth by God. LOGIC would say the earlier texts and experiences are correct and new revelation would not contradict it. But in the fantasy world of Islam, the world is seen through fantasy glasses.

Peace, Shalom
Idesigner
Posts: 1867
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:51 pm

Re: Pakistan - Suicide bombs are routine

Post by Idesigner »

ThereIs1Adonai wrote:
iffo wrote:It will be interesting to see what the world looks like 10 years from now.[/b]

Peace, Shalom
10 years from now I don't think much will change, but my 6th sense tells me you will leave christanity because it is bogus, and will become a muslim and marry a wonderful loving muslim guy. I see life to be really beautiful for you in 2021.
T.A.Iffie.... That is such a cute little fantasy you have! ;) Fits right in with a guy having seizures who claims to see Gabriel who tells him Jews and Christians have it all wrong and he alone was given the truth by God. LOGIC would say the earlier texts and experiences are correct and new revelation would not contradict it. But in the fantasy world of Islam, the world is seen through fantasy glasses.

Peace, Shalom
Oh yes Iffo I believe you.

Nafarat Mohabat ki pahali sidi hai. Meaning sometime hate leads to love!! :roll:

You know that story of Shaeba called Omar. He hated muslims but then he became devote muslim.He killed people in thousands for his Deen.

We all know story of Paul the apostle who used to persecute Christians. He became servant of christ and we all know how he revived christianity. No Pauyl no chrsitianity as we know now. So keep on praching T.A. , one day she will change her mind.
ThereIs1Adonai
Posts: 1674
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:34 pm
Location: Heart of America

Re: Pakistan - Suicide bombs are routine

Post by ThereIs1Adonai »

Idesigner wrote:
ThereIs1Adonai wrote:
iffo wrote:It will be interesting to see what the world looks like 10 years from now.[/b]

Peace, Shalom
10 years from now I don't think much will change, but my 6th sense tells me you will leave christanity because it is bogus, and will become a muslim and marry a wonderful loving muslim guy. I see life to be really beautiful for you in 2021.
T.A.Iffie.... That is such a cute little fantasy you have! ;) Fits right in with a guy having seizures who claims to see Gabriel who tells him Jews and Christians have it all wrong and he alone was given the truth by God. LOGIC would say the earlier texts and experiences are correct and new revelation would not contradict it. But in the fantasy world of Islam, the world is seen through fantasy glasses.

Peace, Shalom
Oh yes Iffo I believe you.

Nafarat Mohabat ki pahali sidi hai. Meaning sometime hate leads to love!! :roll:

You know that story of Shaeba called Omar. He hated muslims but then he became devote muslim.He killed people in thousands for his Deen.

We all know story of Paul the apostle who used to persecute Christians. He became servant of christ and we all know how he revived christianity. No Pauyl no chrsitianity as we know now. So keep on praching T.A. , one day she will change her mind.
Christianity existed before Saul (Paul) was converted. It was growing and spreading when Paul was converted. Therefore, Christianity would have existed without him as well. Peter was proclaimed by Christ to be the rock upon which the church would be built... not Paul. Your argument is full of holes.

I'm not the fickle sort. Not likely to change my mind.... and certainly NOT to Islam! Uh uh.... never never.... no no no! :nono: :nono: :nono:

Peace, Shalom
Ram
Posts: 2136
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:40 am

Re: Pakistan - Suicide bombs are routine

Post by Ram »

ThereIs1Adonai wrote:China controlling Pakistan could be a good thing. Communist control would destroy Islam as it does other religious beliefs with the exception of Christianity. But China just supporting Pakistan without controlling it would be dangerous.
Sorry, I don't agree. China is a big danger. Chinese do not care about any religion, are not interested in destroying Islam. They want to suppress all minorities in China, Tibetans (who are Buddhists), Uighurs (who are Muslims). Chinese are equal opportunity oppressors. They don't discriminate in that respect. Chinese support Pakistan not because they love Muslims or Pakistanis. Right now Chinese are "supporting" countries around India to rile Indians and to keep India in a state of permanent insecurity. This will not change for a very long time. Have you heard about religious wars in China?
The reason Christianity thrives under persecution is because true believers will not cave in and go underground. The underground church has always thrived in Communist countries. Rather ironic, isn't it?
Christians are not angels. But that is not the issue here. It belongs in a different thread.
I suspect that if atheist governments took over Islamic countries, most Muslims would quickly abandon their faith, except for a few holdouts. Many in Iran for example, are forced to follow Islam and blasphemy laws keep people from saying what they are really thinking. It would be interesting to see how strong their faith is when they are free to give it up.
I don't think so. But I wish you are right.
China would like to dominate everything around them and around the world. But they are driven by pragmatism rather than religion. That reigns China in on the world stage. Unlike Islamic factions, dictators, etc., China is not driven by belief in a god who will provide them with rewards in the after-life, and blind devotion to said god. This leads them to some reason, which is seriously lacking in Muslims. We see that here in discussion.... the inability to reason things out logically. For this reason alone, China is both more dangerous that Isalmic nations, and less dangerous. Less dangerous because they are driven less by emotional idealism, and more dangerous because as an enemy Chinese leaders are more strategically rational and make a formidable foe.
Chinese leaders are rational and pragmatic, I agree. But China is a danger to the world peace just as much as Islam. Chinese don't believe in God but they believe in the Communist ideology which is just as dangerous and domineering as Islam.
वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्।
سارا سنسار ایک پریوار ہے۔
The Whole World is a Family.
ThereIs1Adonai
Posts: 1674
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:34 pm
Location: Heart of America

Re: Pakistan - Suicide bombs are routine

Post by ThereIs1Adonai »

@ Ram,

I do not recall saying China is not dangerous, but I do not believe China is not as dangerous as Islamic countries with rogue dictators, and terrorist organizations with insane people running them. Certainly China is dangerous, but they are not crazy. The rational pragmatism gives us a means of dealing with them that does not exist in Muslim countries. And China being a danger to us probably doesn't belong in this thread either, but it came up in response to others' posts as China is linked with Pakistan and India.

Christians aren't angels too be sure. And while I acknowledge your usage of the phrase, it is important to note that angels are a completely different created being than man. So we cannot be angels. :sadangel: "There is none righteous; not not one." But if we let a hypocrite stand between us and God, the hypocrite is closer to Him. :whistling:

Peace and Shalom from a sincere Hypocrite
Ram
Posts: 2136
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:40 am

Re: Pakistan - Suicide bombs are routine

Post by Ram »

China controlling Pakistan is very dangerous. They will do in Pakistan what they are doing in Tibet. Pakistanis are "friends" of China only because they see China as the enemy of India. And China is a "friend" of Pakistan because they want to make India feel insecure. Chinese are racist very much like the South African whites during the apartheid and Saudis. Racism comes in all colours.
वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्।
سارا سنسار ایک پریوار ہے۔
The Whole World is a Family.
Idesigner
Posts: 1867
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:51 pm

Re: Pakistan - Suicide bombs are routine

Post by Idesigner »

T.A.I suspect that if atheist governments took over Islamic countries, most Muslims would quickly abandon their faith, except for a few holdouts. Many in Iran for example, are forced to follow Islam and blasphemy laws keep people from saying what they are really thinking. It would be interesting to see how strong their faith is when they are free to give it up.
Atheist means communist I assume.

Communist ruled some half a dozen muslim majority countries for more than 60 years.After fall of USSR, they did not want secular atheist government. Many like Chechen follwed Alquaeda and are big headache for Russia. Others want to become trues islamic state.

Islam is most durable and tenaceous relgion. That is the reason we have to fight lot and we are not making much headway..

Even after Shah's rule , majority Iranians went back to hard core Islam and elected Mullahs. They are now tired of mullahs not of Islam.The day they kill musllahs on street of Tehran, piss on them in market place, kidnap female mullis, chop their beards, desecrate durgahs, I will believe thet they are fed up of Islam.

Christians of Anatolia, Syria or Egypt did not fight to defend faith . They survived because they were obedient dhimmis.
ThereIs1Adonai
Posts: 1674
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:34 pm
Location: Heart of America

Re: Pakistan - Suicide bombs are routine

Post by ThereIs1Adonai »

Idesigner wrote:
T.A.I suspect that if atheist governments took over Islamic countries, most Muslims would quickly abandon their faith, except for a few holdouts. Many in Iran for example, are forced to follow Islam and blasphemy laws keep people from saying what they are really thinking. It would be interesting to see how strong their faith is when they are free to give it up.
Atheist means communist I assume.

Communist ruled some half a dozen muslim majority countries for more than 60 years.After fall of USSR, they did not want secular atheist government. Many like Chechen follwed Alquaeda and are big headache for Russia. Others want to become trues islamic state.

Islam is most durable and tenaceous relgion. That is the reason we have to fight lot and we are not making much headway..

Even after Shah's rule , majority Iranians went back to hard core Islam and elected Mullahs. They are now tired of mullahs not of Islam.The day they kill musllahs on street of Tehran, piss on them in market place, kidnap female mullis, chop their beards, desecrate durgahs, I will believe thet they are fed up of Islam.

Christians of Anatolia, Syria or Egypt did not fight to defend faith . They survived because they were obedient dhimmis.
That is because we do not believe in fighting for our faith, as Jesus told Peter to put away his sword. But when Christ returns it will be as a conquering king. He said the time for swords will come. Many of us believe it will be in our lifetime because of the way world events are following prophecy and the "season" can be known. Until then, we are martyrs for our faith if necessary. Our God doesn't tell us it's time to kill everyone else. Guess He and Allah differ that way.

Watch for the Mount of Olives to split in a Great Earthquake. Then you will know the time has come.

Peace, Shalom
Post Reply