US Aid to Israel Not Worth the ’Real Cost,’ Researcher Says

Discuss world politics in relation to Islam and Muslims.
ygalg

US Aid to Israel Not Worth the ’Real Cost,’ Researcher Says

Post by ygalg »

January 12, 2011 by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu, INN

Israel is paying through the nose for US aid and would better off without it, says a researcher for the Jerusalem Institute for Market Studies (JIMS).

American aid to Israel to the tune of $3 billion a year has been maligned by many U.S. conservatives and by the Arab world, but Israel actually loses more than it receives, according to JIMS analyst Yarden Gazit.
“U.S. aid is a net loss for Israel and Israel would be better off without it,”
he concluded in his report, released on Wednesday.

Gazit explained that the conditions for the military assistance are designed to help the American military-industrial complex at the expense of the Israeli defense industry.

One condition of the American aid to Israel is that three-quarters of the grant be spent in the United States.
“The ‘buy US’ requirement causes Israel to buy defense products at a high price, sometimes even products Israel may not need,”
Gazit wrote. He calculated the loss to the Israeli defense industry at $600-750 million per year.

The use of American materials instead of those from Israel also hurts competitiveness in Israel and on the world market, according to JIMS. Not using domestic materials for the IDF
“hurts Israeli industry’s reputation on the international market and may cause a loss of sales,”
the report added.

JIMS forecasts that if Israel does not forfeit the American aid, it risks losing out on the growing Chinese and Indian market for Israeli products. Those countries will be under pressure to shop in the United States in light of American economic problems and its bloated federal budget.

Gazit also pointed out that Israel is forced spend more than $3 billion a year to retain a qualitative edge over Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Jordan, which also receives massive aid from the United States.

Every dollar granted to Egypt requires Israel to spend between $1.60 and $2.10 to maintain the balance of power, according to JIMS.
http://www.israpundit.com/archives/32616
“a true believer as a person so fanatically committed to a cause that no amount of reality can make him abandon it” Eric Hoffer
arbitor85

Re: US Aid to Israel Not Worth the ’Real Cost,’ Researcher Says

Post by arbitor85 »

WAit, so the Saudis receive aid from the US???? WTF?????????
What the eyes see, the ears hear and the mind believes;
It's not how you play the game....it's how the game plays you...
crazymonkie_

Post by crazymonkie_ »

Are you serious, or joking? I really, really, really really really reallyreallyreally hope you're joking.
byteresistor

Post by byteresistor »

arbitor85 wrote:WAit, so the Saudis receive aid from the US???? WTF?????????
This is news to you? It's a pretty well known fact for a long time now. The US has had its tonque up in Saudi royalty asses for decades now, because of oil.
Nomenclature

Post by Nomenclature »

I agree, as much as I support the existence of Israel, aid should stop to Israel, Saudi Arabia, Egypt (aside from humanitarian aid) and all other Middle Eastern and non-African countries.
ygalg

Post by ygalg »

byteresistor wrote:
This is news to you? It's a pretty well known fact for a long time now. The US has had its tonque up in Saudi royalty asses for decades now, because of oil.
and were hoping to use extra tongue into ayatollahs asses.
“a true believer as a person so fanatically committed to a cause that no amount of reality can make him abandon it” Eric Hoffer
ringmaster

Post by ringmaster »

Nomenclature wrote:I agree, as much as I support the existence of Israel, aid should stop to Israel, Saudi Arabia, Egypt (aside from humanitarian aid) and all other Middle Eastern and non-African countries.

I agree in part.

But to muslim countries, there should be no aid whatsoever. In fact, far from issuing aid to the Saudis, the US ought to be in a postion to dictate terms to Sodomy Arabia. Saudis should tow the line or be faced with the following.

1. Destruction of the freshwater production facilities
2. Blockade of their ports to preclude the further export of oil.
3. Confiscation of their assets held in the United States.

Among the terms should be:

1. Repeal of sharia law.
2. Opening of synagogues, churches, hindu temples, Sikh temples, etc. in Sodomy Arabia
3. Nuremberg-style trial of all members of the Religious police for crimes against humanity
4. Opening up of nude beaches
5. A proclamation from the Saudis to the world that the prophet was a liar, thief, pedophile, adulterer, slave trader, rapist, and murderer.
6. Following the German model of restitution to the Jews, there should be an agency set up to use Saudi assets to compensate Hindus for the muslim genocide of Hindus.

Any other ideas?????
The prophet of Islam was nothing more than a common criminal.

Please tell me if this is accurate:

“I have fabricated things against God and have imputed to Him words which He has not spoken.”
~MUHAMMAD (Al-Tabari 6:111)
ygalg

Post by ygalg »

if you pissed the Saudis, they eventually align themselves with Iran.

I'm curious why is USA bother with Arabian oil, isn't USA has it's own?
ringmaster

Post by ringmaster »

ygalg wrote:if you pissed the Saudis, they eventually align themselves with Iran.

Disagree on first point. Sunnis (the Saudis) and Shias (Iranians) hate each other more than they hate us infidels.

Agree on second point. Factoring US Shale OIl reserves, the US has more oil than the rest of the world combined.

“I have fabricated things against God and have imputed to Him words which He has not spoken.”
crazymonkie_

Post by crazymonkie_ »

But to get at the shale oil, you've pretty much got to strip mine an area. And the US has already seen the disastrous results of that with West Virginia and the coal mines- the state's pretty well wrecked, thanks to the same sort of mining techniques that are necessary to get shale oil. Not to mention Canada's already having problems with shale oil mining too- runoff, fish and other biota die-off, so on.

And when it comes to the US dictating terms to SA: OPEC can still squeeze. There could be a repeat, or a far worse version, of the gas crunch of the 70s. It would be nice if the US could tell those barbarians to stick it where the sun doesn't shine, but the US is, and will remain, dependent on oil from major oil producing regions like SA.

Though a bit of a silver lining- in a Pyrric sense, anyway: The world's pretty much hit peak oil. The mega-fields are gone, and the petroleum companies are having to look further afield (like with the disastrous long-distance offshore rig drill in the Gulf of Mexico) for larger hauls. They're doing well because per-barrel prices are way inflated; right now they're sitting on ten barrel-per-day wells that would be barely scraping by if crude prices were lower, but which are currently making pretty decent cash. Given enough time and drilling, costs for drilling will become prohibitive. When that happens, nobody will care about Saudi Arabia, and they'll be a broke-as-crud wannabe welfare state (they're just a fairly rich welfare state now).
ygalg

Post by ygalg »

ringmaster wrote:
ygalg wrote:if you pissed the Saudis, they eventually align themselves with Iran.

Disagree on first point. Sunnis (the Saudis) and Shias (Iranians) hate each other more than they hate us infidels.

Agree on second point. Factoring US Shale OIl reserves, the US has more oil than the rest of the world combined.
hamas Sunni, hizbullah Shia. in certain situation they will cooperate. especially when it needs to deal with common enemy.
sum

Post by sum »

Hello ygalg

I agree with you. An ex-muslim told me that the Sunnis and the Shia hate each other and will always fight each other. Howver, they hate the USA, Israel and the West even more and would unite to fight the USA, Israel and the West.

sum
ygalg

Post by ygalg »

1919-1970: the age of Sunni-Shii cooperation
"At least one scholar sees the period from collapse of the Ottoman Empire through the decline of Arab nationalism as time of relative unity and harmony between traditionalist Sunni and Shia Muslims - unity brought on by a feeling of being under siege from a common threat, secularism, first of the European colonial variety and then Arab nationalist.

A remarkable example of Sunni-Shia cooperation was the Khilafat Movement which swept South Asia following the defeat of the Ottoman Empire, the seat of the Caliphate, in World War I. Shia scholars "came to the caliphate's defence" by attending the 1931 Caliphate Conference in Jerusalem. This was despite the fact they were theologically opposed to the idea that non-Imams could be Caliphs or successors to Muhammad, and that the Caliphate was "the flagship institution" of Sunni, not Shia, authority. This has been described as unity of traditionalists in the face of the twin threats of "secularism and colonialism."

Another example of unity was a fatwa issued by the rector of Al-Azhar University, Mahmud Shaltut, recognizing Shia Islamic law as the fifth school of Islamic law. In 1959, al-Azhar University in Cairo, the most influential center of Sunni learning, authorized the teaching of courses of Shia jurisprudence as part of its curriculum."
http://iraqimojo.blogspot.com/2011/01/1 ... hiite.html
ygalg

Post by ygalg »

sum wrote:Hello ygalg

I agree with you. An ex-muslim told me that the Sunnis and the Shia hate each other and will always fight each other. Howver, they hate the USA, Israel and the West even more and would unite to fight the USA, Israel and the West.

sum
when they kill each other it's a domestic drill. when they kill us it's mutual jihad. :turban:
ringmaster

Post by ringmaster »

ygalg wrote:
sum wrote:Hello ygalg

sum
when they kill each other it's a domestic drill. when they kill us it's mutual jihad. :turban:

Then we should be doing all we can to encourage them to do their "domestic drills".

arbitor85

Post by arbitor85 »

byteresistor wrote:
But don't they get windfall profits from all that oil? They need US aid? We need the money here and THOSE animals get the aid? Honestly, this is news to me.

rgrds
What the eyes see, the ears hear and the mind believes;
It's not how you play the game....it's how the game plays you...
ygalg

Post by ygalg »

ringmaster wrote: Then we should be doing all we can to encourage them to do their "domestic drills".
we should do in our best, to encourage them to leave, this abomination called Islam.