Thought For the Day

Discuss world politics in relation to Islam and Muslims.
antineoETC

Thought For the Day

Post by antineoETC »

First thought for the day on this new thread:

Islam and its "prophet" deserve as much respect from disbelievers in Islam as they extend TO disbelievers in Islam.
"Prophet Muhammad...bought, sold, captured, and owned slaves" SOURCE: BBC website
"Muhammad is considered to be a perfect model" SOURCE: BBC website
sum

Re: Thought For the Day

Post by sum »

Does Islam/Koran/Allah commit blasphemy when it states that Jesus was only a prophet and not crucified?

Does Allah introduce hate against non-muslims when we are described as the vilest of all creatures? If Allah hates us do muslims have to hate us?

sum
antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

I am an enemy of Allah. That is not a title I give to myself. It is one imposed upon me by Allah, god of the Muslims. The only way Allah will let me be free of this label is if I accept that Muhammad is a prophet.

That's not going to happen. Not now. Not ever. I am therefore stuck with a label I did not ask for.

I therefore wear it with pride.
"Prophet Muhammad...bought, sold, captured, and owned slaves" SOURCE: BBC website
antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

Standard leftist/"progressive" reaction when confronted with the hard fact that the Boulder mass-shooter was a Syrian Muslim rather than a "Far-Right White Supremacist":

antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

"Fools" said I, "You do not know
Silence like a cancer grows"

But my words like silent raindrops fell
And echoed in the wells of silence

And the people bowed and prayed
To the "Phobia" god they made

Paul Simon (slightly altered)
antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

It is ludicrous to denounce as "bigotry" the supposition that most Muslims do actually believe in the totality of the teachings of Islam.

It may, indeed, be an erroneous supposition, but to call it "bigotry" is a radical redefinition of that word.
antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

Happy Easter to Christians everywhere. Although not a Jew myself, I agree with the Jews that Jesus was not the Messiah. In that I disagree with both Christians and Muslims. I also agree with Muslims that Jesus was not the son of any god or a god incarnated into human form. However, unlike Muslims I don't have a problem with Christians believing these things. What moral right do Muslims have to feel aggrieved - let alone violently angry - about what Christians believe or say about Jesus? Christians were holding and preaching these beliefs hundreds of years before the Quran appeared contradicting them. The Quran also denies the crucifixion of Jesus. It is entirely possible that Jesus was not crucified, but as the New Testament is the only source we have on the issue I see no reason not to believe the standard narrative. Crucifixion was very common at the time and is far more plausible than a virgin getting pregnant and having a baby.

Both Christians and Muslims believe in the virgin birth of Jesus and in expressing doubt about it I am bound to offend members of both groups. I am offending Christians because I am expressing doubt about a fundamental tenet of their religion. And I am offending Muslims because in openly doubting a single teaching of the Quran I am implicitly doubting all of it and thereby doubting the prophethood of Muhammad. So I might as well say it explicitly: I don' t believe Muhammad was a prophet.

Muslims, of course, will have no problem with me expressing doubt about Jesus being the son of God/God. After all they routinely deny these core Christian beliefs on the internet, from mosque pulpits, in their homes and elsewhere. The Quran, the source of their disbelief in standard Christian doctrine, exists in billions of copies and is constantly reproduced and propagated. They will, however, have a problem with their own core beliefs, particularly the prophethood of Muhammad, being challenged and, all over the world, are agitating - often violently - for such "blasphemy", where this is not not presently the case, to be criminalized as "hate speech".

Given the nature of the teachings of Islam, this disgusting hypocrisy and double standard is understandable.

What is mind-bogglingly incomprehensible is why most leftists/ "progressives" are agreeing to Muslims' hypocritical demands to be free to offend the religious sensibilities of Christians and others but to have their own cherished beliefs protected by the law.
Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Thank you antineoETC . I hope you had a nice easter sunday

I had a busy day yesterday, so I haven't been at the forum , and also today I do not have much time to be here.

Tomorrow my husband and I will get our first corona vaccine. So fingers crossed.

Awful weather here, but in England it is not much better or perhaps even worse. I think dat many mayors here, and also in England, because of corona , are glad people can't enjoy the warm weather in parks and on beaches.

England

Holland.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.
antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

I respect people who convert to Islam as much as Muslims respect people who LEAVE Islam.
antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

Those whose stated and unstated goal it is to bring the western world under Islamic Shariah by hook and crook have realized that the leftist and "progressive" political elements in their target lands provide them with limitless seams of useful idiocy to be ruthlessly exploited.
pr126

Post by pr126 »

Multiculturalism: Where different cultures are forced together to despise and hate each other.
antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

Islam is the most actively intolerant and violent religion in the world today. This is because Islam is inherently the most intolerant and violent religion in the world today.
antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

If Muslims constitute a "race" simply because most Muslims are non-white then logically Christians must likewise constitute a race because most of its adherents are white. If all negative discourse by a white non-Muslim on Islam and Muslims is racist then, logically, all negative commentary by non-white Muslims on Christianity and Christians must likewise be racist. When it comes to criticism of Islam, however, leftists and "progressives" abandon all logic.
antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

If not all members of a victim group have been personally victimized then, logically, not all members of a perpetrator group have personally engaged in perpetration. Muslims constitute a perpetrator, not a victim, group - as witnessed by the incessant oppressions and atrocities endured by non-Muslims at the hands of Muslims both in situations of Muslim political supremacy like Pakistan, jihad zones in Africa and elsewhere and in non-Muslim countries where the secret services are forced to devote a disproportionate amount of resources countering jihad plots by Muslims to commit mass murder against non-Muslims.

The left should stop validating Muslims' contrived claims to victimhood.
pr126

Post by pr126 »

The left should stop validating Muslims' contrived claims to victimhood.
The left and the Muslims have a common cause. To dismantle western societies.
Multiculturalism: Where different cultures are forced together to despise and hate each other.
antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

The political left is the main obstacle to effectively dealing with the problems emanating from Muslim communities in non-Muslim countries.
antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

The subject of Muslim hypocrisy and double standards has, as have so many things relating to Islam, been so exhaustively explored at this forum over the past nearly twenty years that there is really nothing that can been said about the matter that hasn't been said here countless times.

As many here have doubtless already previously pointed out, a Muslim who recognises Islam's hypocrisies and double standards for what they are is a de facto apostate from the religion. If one accepts the basic premise that Islam is the ultimate final revealed truth from heaven then there can be nothing hypocritical in Muslims demanding absolute freedom to propagate the "truth" whilst engaging in or endorsing the suppression of "falsehoods" like Christianity.

The Quran says that Jews and Christians should pay the Muslims jizya with "willing submission". It does not say that the Muslims should do likewise vis a vis the Jews and Christians. From the point of view of the true believing Muslim that is bound to be the end of the matter.
antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

For every historical atrocity committed by non-Muslims against Muslims that Muslims dig out in order to present themselves as history's eternal victims, so as to justify their endless murderous jihad violence against totally innocent people as "revenge" for past wrongs,A PRIOR HISTORICAL ATROCITY can be found committed by Muslims AGAINST non-Muslims.
antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

Wouldn't it be great if every Christian church was replaced with a mosque and, instead of the arrogant jarring, eardrum-assaulting clang of the church bell, every Sunday morning was greeted by the sonorous chant of the Muezzin calling the Islamic faithful to their prayers?

If any leftists/progressives are reading this I have a question for them: would you say what you just read above constitutes anti-Christian hate-speech deserving of criminal prosecution?

If not then consider the following question:

Wouldn't it be great if every mosque was replaced with a church and the daily arrogant supremacist wail of the Islamic Muezzin was no longer inflicted on human ears?

Does this constitute anti-Muslim hate-speech deserving of criminal prosecution?

If you decided that the first question does not amount to hate speech you will likely have instantly realised that agreeing that the second question does so would be applying a double standard in favor of Islam.

However, what would have been your thoughts and emotional response if a rightwing politician (Donald Trump maybe) or a Christian evangelical street preacher you came across on your travels had expressed such a hope to see the wholesale replacement of mosques with churches?

I rather suspect you would have been triggered into reflex denunciations of "Islamophobia" and even "racism" accompanied by feelings ranging from annoyance through anger to rage and fury.

I hope this little thought experiment makes you think about you react to negative commentary on Islam in the future.
antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

When confronted with unsavory aspects of their cult and its "prophet", Muslim engage in two basic responses. One is to deny these unsavory aspects exist, for instance by resorting to denying the validity or accuracy of hadiths that have for centuries been classified as "authentic" or simply to dismiss those raising these issues as "ignorant".The other us to seek to rationalize these unsavory aspects of Islam. Both these responses are seen, for example, in the case of Muhammad's alleged sexual relationship with nine-year-old Ayesha.