George Floyd, Black Lives Mattter and Antifa

Discuss world politics in relation to Islam and Muslims.
Hombre

Re: George Floyd, Black Lives Mattter and Antifa

Post by Hombre »

Ariel wrote:Police transcripts from George Floyd's arrest are raising concerns over the official cause of his death. One America's Kristian Rouz looks into the matter.
Transcript.
Oh Come'on my Lady will you for god sake????
people may lie or distort facts - Cameras & Microphones never lie. We have the whole 8:46 second of the whole episode on tape. Before the police-thug pined Floyd down with his knee - Floyd was alive breathing & talking.He was alive when thus thug put his knee on his neck. He was alive for whole 4 minutes thereafter. The SOB still kept his knee on Floyd neck EVEN AFTER HIS FELLOW OFFICE TOLD HIM I SEE NO HEARTBEAT PULSE FROM THE GUY.

OANN is far-far-right network - much further even then FoxNews. It's not a news organization worthy of quoting from.

pr126

Post by pr126 »

Whiteness

https://www.rainierbeachyoga.com/undoing-whiteness/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In this class we will:

have a discussion around the pathology of whiteness and how contemplative practices can be supportive tools to navigate looking at our conditioning with fierce compassion
practice tools of embodiment to understand how this lives
not only in our psyches but also in our physical bodies
meditate to understand how the mind is affected by whiteness, as well as how the mind can be a tool to counteract whiteness with awareness and humanity
share an action we plan to commit to in order to support our desire for racial justice in our communities
Islam: an idea to kill and die for.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Hombre wrote: Oh Come'on my Lady will you for god sake????
people may lie or distort facts - Cameras & Microphones never lie. We have the whole 8:46 second of the whole episode on tape. Before the police-thug pined Floyd down with his knee - Floyd was alive breathing & talking.He was alive when thus thug put his knee on his neck. He was alive for whole 4 minutes thereafter. The SOB still kept his knee on Floyd neck EVEN AFTER HIS FELLOW OFFICE TOLD HIM I SEE NO HEARTBEAT PULSE FROM THE GUY.

OANN is far-far-right network - much further even then FoxNews. It's not a news organization worthy of quoting from.
You are right. White people always lie. Especially when they are right wing. Bad, bad, people are right wing people :x

BTW. This transcript is from the district court of Minnesota.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

I foresee big problems.

Officer suspended over 'kneeling on neck' during arrest
An officer has been suspended after footage emerged that appears to show police kneeling on a man's neck.

Video recorded in Islington, London, shows two officers holding a handcuffed suspect, who is black, on the pavement.

A second officer has been removed from operational duty following the arrest on Thursday evening.

Deputy Met Police commissioner Sir Steve House said the footage was "extremely disturbing" and had been referred to the police watchdog.

The force confirmed it had charged a 45-year-old man with possession of a knife in a public place.

In the footage, shared with the BBC, one of the officers appears to be using his knee to control the suspect and has his hand on the man's head.

The man on the ground, who is in handcuffs, repeatedly shouts: "Get off my neck."

He is eventually released from the ground and continues to talk to officers after they sit him up.

Several police cars arrive at the scene after the arresting officers are confronted by onlookers.

An eye witness told the BBC: "I was worried he was going to get executed. That's just how George Floyd got killed.

"If not for the crowds filming the police they could have suffocated him or broken his neck.

"He was on the floor and in handcuffs, what's the reason for a kneeling on his neck?"
It won't take long before the police do not dare to arrest a black man. And if they arrest one, they have to do it very politely.

Officer: Sorry for the inconvenience sir, but would you please be so kind to put your arms out so that I can handcuff you.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Portland Antifa and BLM Launch Explosives at Federal Building While Barricading Agents Inside

Portland Antifa and Black Lives Matter launched explosives at the Federal Courthouse and Justice Center while attempting to barricade agents inside on the 50th night of riots in the ultra liberal city.
There was also severe violence against random citizens that they disagree with politically during Friday night’s chaos.

The Portland Police tweeted “Officers have observed people in the area of the Federal Courthouse and Justice Center on SW 3rd Ave place fencing and sandbags in front of doors. This is criminal behavior. Participants not involved in criminal behavior are encouraged to leave the area immediately.”

The rioters also deployed smoke bombs and lasers, which they use to impede the vision of police officers.

Around 1:30 a.m. local time, the Portland Police Department tweeted that “participants have 5 minutes to remove all barricades around the facility. Failure to follow this direction may subject you to arrest, citation, or use of force including crowd control munitions. Leave the area to the west. SW Columbia to SW Taylor from SW 1st to 6th is closed.”

Shortly after the 5 minutes were up, law enforcement began shooting massive amounts of tear gas into the crowd to disperse them, according to a livestreamer on the scene. They also tore down the barricades set up by the rioters.

manfred

Post by manfred »

Put some statues up for them....
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

manfred wrote:Put some statues up for them....
But first kneel for them

manfred

Post by manfred »

This is a useful short clip filling in some deliberate gaps in the history of slavery in England and Ireland.

pr126

Post by pr126 »

Ariel wrote:
manfred wrote:Put some statues up for them....
But first kneel for them
I wonder how many of those are kneeling because they want to debase themselves or ordered by their superiors and peer pressure?
Islam: an idea to kill and die for.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Mark McCloskey may face prison time after defending his home.

Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

Chicago police release video showing peaceful protest 'hijacked by organized mobs'

Video released from the Chicago Police Department on Monday, July 20, 2020 shows protesters marching Friday, July 17, 2020 through Grant Park and clashes between protesters and police near the Christopher Columbus statue.

Chicago police officials released video footage showing what officials are calling an "organized" attack on officers during an otherwise peaceful protest. "What began as a peaceful protest at Grant Park Friday evening devolved into a very dangerous situation in which mob action deliberately sought to injure officers," Chicago Police Department Superintendent David Brown said.
Abraham= H'ammu'rab(b)i, Historical Muhammad=Benjamin of Tiberias. Theological: Mahmud from Najran Islam: Syncretic Israelite Yahwishm Deity: nameless, epithets Dsr, El Qutbay, ʼAlâhâ, Allāh. Ka'ba: Kutha => Samaria => Petra=> Makkah. Hijrah 622: Petra => Kerak

Hombre

Post by Hombre »

Takeiteasynow wrote:Chicago police release video showing peaceful protest 'hijacked by organized mobs'

Video released from the Chicago Police Department on Monday, July 20, 2020 shows protesters marching Friday, July 17, 2020 through Grant Park and clashes between protesters and police near the Christopher Columbus statue.

Chicago police officials released video footage showing what officials are calling an "organized" attack on officers during an otherwise peaceful protest. "What began as a peaceful protest at Grant Park Friday evening devolved into a very dangerous situation in which mob action deliberately sought to injure officers," Chicago Police Department Superintendent David Brown said.

And that "organized mob" has a name & faces - BOOGALOO MOVEMENT. (read & don't blame everything on liberals who are protesting peacefully.
The boogaloo movement is gaining momentum. Who are the boogaloo 'bois' and what do they want?
]What is the boogaloo movement and what do members want?

The boogaloo meme began emerging in both white power and antigovernment spaces online in the early 2010s, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

"In both of these communities, 'boogaloo' was frequently associated with racist violence and, in many cases, was an explicit call for race war," the SPLC said.The boogaloo meme began emerging in both white power and antigovernment spaces online in the early 2010s, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

"In both of these communities, 'boogaloo' was frequently associated with racist violence and, in many cases, was an explicit call for race war," the SPLC said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 204899001/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

Hombre wrote:"In both of these communities, 'boogaloo' was frequently associated with racist violence and, in many cases, was an explicit call for race war," the SPLC said.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 204899001/
OK, let's check that USTODAY article - published on June 26 2020 - it has the following image with subscript:
Members of the Boogaloo Movement attend a demonstration Saturday at the State House in Concord, N.H., against the lockdown over concerns about the spread of COVID-19.

But then when I research this image it was already published in April 2020.
Image History

For instance this article on reviewjournal which has the same picture with the following text:
In this April 18, 2020, file photo, members of the boogaloo movement, attend a demonstration against the lockdown over concern about COVID-19 at the State House in Concord, N.H. It's a fringe movement with roots in a online meme culture steeped in irony and dark humor. But experts warn that the anti-government boogaloo movement has attracted a dangerous element of far-right extremists. (AP Photo/Michael Dwyer, File)

Tracing the image's history shows that dozens of outlets relate the image to different events. I think that one could call this Nazi-journalism. Please don't use these kind of sources again.
Abraham= H'ammu'rab(b)i, Historical Muhammad=Benjamin of Tiberias. Theological: Mahmud from Najran Islam: Syncretic Israelite Yahwishm Deity: nameless, epithets Dsr, El Qutbay, ʼAlâhâ, Allāh. Ka'ba: Kutha => Samaria => Petra=> Makkah. Hijrah 622: Petra => Kerak

manfred

Post by manfred »

This little talk by a very good historian and prolific author ( don't be put off by him sounding and looking like Snidely Whiplash) explains something you would have thought everybody knew... the nature of the "triangle trade" in which the trans-Atlantic slave trade is a part.

People like BLM always leave out one corner stone of the triangle, the role of African rulers in the slave trade, as if is had been possible for a crew of 40 sailors to simply go t Africa and collect 400 to 600 slaves, who presumably grew on trees waiting for the white slavers to pick them.

Worth watching

manfred

Post by manfred »

Tracing the image's history shows that dozens of outlets relate the image to different events. I think that one could call this Nazi-journalism.
It is always good to carefully check news reports.

But this is perhaps a bit strong? Stock images are a common thing in journalism and in themselves they do not always imply deception. Often they are just used when nothing better is available. It would be better if stock images are identified as such, but this does not always happen.

I would be more worried if the same news outlet would reuse it for different events and the image was used as "evidence" rather than illustration.

So, were there 2 such demonstrations? Or only one, and when was that?

Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

I would be more worried if the same news outlet would reuse it for different events and the image was used as "evidence" rather than illustration.
Well, that's preciously what happened - the illustration is used over and over again for the 'boogaloo' frame while I can't find any hard data on this so called movement. And if I can't find it it doesn't exist and never has.

It's just part of the lasting narrative that Trumps is guiding white supremacists like in today's story where Dem Dem Bobby Rush claims Trump 'wants to instigate a race war’: "That's Trump's game plan. Trump wants to instigate a race war,” the Illinois Democrat claimed during an appearance on “The Joe Madison Show” on SiriusXM Wednesday morning. “So he can rise up and say, 'I'm the real grand wizard of the Klu Klux Klan and I'm the President. Reelect me.' That's what he's trying to do."

But it's probably better to ignore these kind of sources.

manfred

Post by manfred »

Well, I have no insight into Trump's intentions, it seems that is the prerogative of some politicians.

However, I can tell you that not conflict has ever been resolved by appeasement. BLM do the rioting and Trump wants a race war? Presumably proper way is to agree with all and anything they want....

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile — hoping it will eat him last." Churchill.

Hombre

Post by Hombre »

Takeiteasynow wrote:OK, let's check that USTODAY article - published on June 26 2020 - it has the following image with subscript:
Members of the Boogaloo Movement attend a demonstration Saturday at the State House in Concord, N.H., against the lockdown over concerns about the spread of COVID-19.

But then when I research this image it was already published in April 2020.
Image History

For instance this article on reviewjournal which has the same picture with the following text:
In this April 18, 2020, file photo, members of the boogaloo movement, attend a demonstration against the lockdown over concern about COVID-19 at the State House in Concord, N.H. It's a fringe movement with roots in a online meme culture steeped in irony and dark humor. But experts warn that the anti-government boogaloo movement has attracted a dangerous element of far-right extremists. (AP Photo/Michael Dwyer, File)

Tracing the image's history shows that dozens of outlets relate the image to different events. I think that one could call this Nazi-journalism. Please don't use these kind of sources again.
Well, as manferd wrote - these photos are posted for illustration - not only to describe this new (boogaloo) group, also how they look like - armed to the teeth. Moreover, on another photo the tug "boogaloo" is shown on the guy's combat dress. So I am surprised you didn't know about them. Nonetheless if until know we didn't know - now we (including myself) do know of them.

Finally. These dudes bellicose their "freedom" & "Liberty" (live free or die). If they would have the type of freedom they think they have - they would not talk about it so much - nor the need to carry deadly weapons to assert their freedom.

Nowhere in any civilized societies you will hear this phrase as in US. Not in UK, not in Holland, Switzerland, Italy France, Belgium, Israel nor India. Why? because of prevailing cultural & sociological differences between these countries & US.

Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

Sure I 'heard' about 'them' which doesn't mean it isn't fake news. There's no group of Hawaiian shirt-attired individuals known for sharing Boogaloo and frog memes that rampage through American cities, threaten lives, burn churches, destroy historic monuments and terrorize the public. Nope, those are commies, marxists and anarchists.

But most of all: I can't find any hard data and if I can't find any it doesn't exist - it's s simple as that, whatever any crack analyst, wacko progressive journalist or deluded forum member may write.

Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

It's actually easy to track the rise of the 'Boogeloo' frame.

Its breakthrough came with a publication from politico, 'Intel report warns that far-right extremists may target Washington, D.C.' , stating:
The Trump administration is warning law enforcement and public safety officials that a far-right extremist movement known as “boogaloo” may be setting its sights on the nation’s capital.
So how did the Department of Homeland Security respond on June 20 on its Twitter account?
"Another work of fiction by @politico. The @DHSgov intel bulletin does NOT identify the Boogeloo movement as left-wing or right-wing. They are simply violent extremists from both ends of the ideological spectrum."
"This is precisely why the mainstream media is losing credibility with the vast majority of Americans."
So there it is: the Boogeloo movement - as only a bunch of far-right extremists - is just another frame set by pseudo crack analysts and wacko progressive journalists.