Page 1 of 75

PRESIDENT TRUMP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:43 pm
by ronyvo
Congratulations America.
We still must pray for president Trump. The clean up process of 8 long years of corruption, treason, hate and division need very hard work, which is not strange for our president Trump.
Now, I can say president with pride.
WOW. This is fantastic news. Honestly I did not expect.

THANK YOU LORD.

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:59 pm
by manfred
Well I am not sure if God interferes in a lot of elections, but Trump has won, which to me and many here came as something of a surprise.

What people say in campaigns and what they do in office are always two different things. He has a mandate to curb the influence Islam in the US which hopefully he will attempt to do.

One the other hand he is not much of a friend of Israel, and I hope when it comes to the middle East he will learn from past mistakes and mind his own business. I am worried about how he may react should there be a terror attack in the US....

For us in the UK, his election may also mean a better chance of a good trade deal after brexit.

Let's wait and see how he does before we make a judgement on him.

Did you know, at one point the now British prime minister seriously considered to permanently refuse entry to the UK to Donald Trump?

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:36 pm
by Fernando
manfred wrote:Did you know, at one point the now British prime minister seriously considered to permanently refuse entry to the UK to Donald Trump?
How seriously though? I thought it was only in response to demands by a gang of Twits and Faceslappers.

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:12 am
by manfred
Well, it would be embarrassing if she actually had gone through with it. She did ban Robert Spencer and Pamela Geller though, some years back, remember? And neither of them ever suggested anything like a ban of Muslims, as far as I know....

There is something I am confused about....if you look at the votes cast Clinton appears to have scored some 200000 or so MORE than Trump....

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/president

So obviously there is a rather odd way the result is processed, perhaps similar to our "first past the post".... Would people not start complaining that Clinton has lost even though she go more votes?

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:40 am
by Hombre
ronyvo wrote:Congratulations America.
We still must pray for president Trump. The clean up process of 8 long years of corruption, treason, hate and division need very hard work, which is not strange for our president Trump.
Now, I can say president with pride.
WOW. This is fantastic news. Honestly I did not expect.

THANK YOU LORD.
Yes indeed, say "President" who run on division, trumpeting his race card. A man who lowered any remaining standard of decorum, and civility. A president who has been found a compulsive lair with Magellanic ego, with emotional intelligence & maturity of 13 year old.

What I find astounding is that, Obamacare was enacted to help low income to those low skill peoples like millions of those white people who voted for him. Allow them access to basic healthcare, with no per-condition to get insurance.

No longer live in fear they will lose everything - their entire life saving, even their homes, and go BK with a single catastrophic illness. Yet, these useful idiots followed Trump like sheep and voted for him - even against their own interest.
(btw. Increases in premium is affecting only 5% of those who have private insurance. Anyone else who gets their insurance through their employers, Medicare and VA see no effect at all.)

You can bet your cowboy boots that he won't fulfill even 5% of what he promised to those white gullible who voted for him.
"I am the only one who can fix it". My foot he can.

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:43 am
by Hombre
manfred wrote:Well, it would be embarrassing if she actually had gone through with it. She did ban Robert Spencer and Pamela Geller though, some years back, remember? And neither of them ever suggested anything like a ban of Muslims, as far as I know....

There is something I am confused about....if you look at the votes cast Clinton appears to have scored some 200000 or so MORE than Trump....

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/president

So obviously there is a rather odd way the result is processed, perhaps similar to our "first past the post".... Would people not start complaining that Clinton has lost even though she go more votes?
It is due special authorities given to each state. Number of electoral fpr each State, is determined by number of Representatives in the House + 2 Senators.

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:55 am
by Equestrian
manfred wrote:Well, it would be embarrassing if she actually had gone through with it. She did ban Robert Spencer and Pamela Geller though, some years back, remember? And neither of them ever suggested anything like a ban of Muslims, as far as I know....

There is something I am confused about....if you look at the votes cast Clinton appears to have scored some 200000 or so MORE than Trump....

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/president

So obviously there is a rather odd way the result is processed, perhaps similar to our "first past the post".... Would people not start complaining that Clinton has lost even though she go more votes?


Electoral College elects the POTUS, not the popular vote.

Here's a good explanation why, if you're interested.



I'm not a big Trump fan, but his election is an unexpected but delightful surprise. Like Brexit, it is a revolt against the political class.

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:38 am
by idesigner1
Trump didn't like electoral college in first place but that got him elected.Or he didn't bother to understand it or was too tough for him to figure out why US had that system.

His blue collar supportersespecially from rust belt will be disillusioned in two years. Those closed down plants are not going to open, ever!He wants to spend lots of money on infrastructure. That just can't be done a. Without raising taxes b. Without borrowing money from foreigners or from internal sources. Both can either raise taxes or raise deficit and debt. His party wont support him.It calls for more government intervention.

He will dismantle Obama care but has no plant to replace. This means pre Obama days of no coverages for many. Anything he tries to do , he has to disturb Insurance industry which believes in no government intervention.

He can raise military budget which will be passed like a blank check. This is not going to create any domestic jobs or very few jobs.This can cause increase in US debt which people won't mind.

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:32 am
by manfred
@equestrian: Ah that makes sense. Thanks!

@idesigner: he said a lot of things doing his campaign, not all are practical even. We have to see what he is like when actually in office. I would have thought that in any civilised country that can afford it there will be a safety net medical care for all. In many European countries everybody pays for this, but according to income. If in the US an old age pensioner who only has enough money to barely live on is run over by a car, would he be left to die because he cannot pay hospital bills? Surely not.

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:19 am
by Fernando
An interesting video, thanks. I wonder how much of the argument is mainly applicable because of the two-party system in the USA (and would apply to the two-party tendency in the UK)? And if it avoids the tyranny of the majority, expressed through the tyranny of a president, why all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over Trump's election by this mix of delegates?

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:55 am
by pr126
Frankly, I did not expect this, but glad that it turned out this way.

The Democrats were so sure that Trump had no chance in hell to win the election, that the results came as a huge surprise for them.
Just like in the previous occasions, Mitt Romney was nominated, knowing full well that he had no chance winning, and McCain before it. Which I believe to have been a deliberate move.
That is how Obama was elected twice.
This time it has backfired on them, because the inconceivable happened, people voted for Trump.

And I am sure that there was also a lot of voter fraud in Hillary's favor, but even that didn't help.
Only shows how much Americans were fed up with the present administration.

Let's hope that Trump measures up to expectations.

He has the Herculean task to clean the Augean stables first before he can get down to do any real work.
Get rid of the Muslim Brotherhood infiltrators from DC for a start. Clip the wings of CAIR.

President Trump, Now what?

And another thing. The first president for a long time whom the Saudis don't own.
This president will not be genuflecting to the Saudi king.


Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:52 pm
by manfred
The following gaff was reported this morning in the Jakarta Post:

Trump took a call from the Chinese President Xi Jinping who congratulated him on being elected.

Trump thanked him and asked when he would have an election in China...

"Evely morning, Tuan Tlump, evely morning...."

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:12 am
by SAM
manfred wrote:The following gaff was reported this morning in the Jakarta Post:

Trump took a call from the Chinese President Xi Jinping who congratulated him on being elected.

Trump thanked him and asked when he would have an election in China...

"Evely morning, Tuan Tlump, evely morning...."
Majority of Chinese they can't pronounce the letter "R" sound... :lol:

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:32 am
by manfred
I find the "demonstrations" in the US somewhat silly. There was an election, and he has won. So people need to deal with it. A fair minded person would at least wait until he has done the job for a while before being critical.

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:45 am
by Fernando
manfred wrote:I find the "demonstrations" in the US somewhat silly. There was an election, and he has won. So people need to deal with it. A fair minded person would at least wait until he has done the job for a while before being critical.
This has been shown on UK tv news with precious little comment. Imagine the media frenzy if Trump had lost and his supporters had rioted similarly.

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:18 am
by Fernando
Oh yes he did - Oh no he didn't!
The meeja have been making much, since Trump's election, of his taking down from his web site his proposal to temporarily ban Muslims from entering the USA. The removal has been praised by a Saudi prince, no less!
However, Reuters reports that the "take-down" was actually a glitch, redirecting links to a wrong page. The error has been fixed and the proposal is back on line. Along with other stuff that went missing without comment.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration-idUSKBN135284
The prince could not be reached for comment after the links were restored.

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:37 pm
by manfred
Fernando wrote:This has been shown on UK tv news with precious little comment. Imagine the media frenzy if Trump had lost and his supporters had rioted similarly.


This is an excellent comment.

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:45 pm
by pr126
Youtube is full of brainwashed millennials having a meltdown over the election results, completely ignoring the democratic process.
Sobbings, riots, flag burnings, demonstrations, some are organised and paid for by the left to create mayhem. :thumbdown:



Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:48 am
by Ram
manfred wrote:Well, it would be embarrassing if she actually had gone through with it. She did ban Robert Spencer and Pamela Geller though, some years back, remember? And neither of them ever suggested anything like a ban of Muslims, as far as I know....
There is something I am confused about....if you look at the votes cast Clinton appears to have scored some 200000 or so MORE than Trump....
http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/president
So obviously there is a rather odd way the result is processed, perhaps similar to our "first past the post".... Would people not start complaining that Clinton has lost even though she go more votes?

Electoral College which votes for the US president. Hillary had more popular votes but Donald Trump won higher number of Electoral College delegates. Rules vary from state to state and some states, from county to county. No two states have the same rules. How the delegate are divided depends on the state and/or county rules - very complicated and not easy to understand system. That's the extent of my knowledge.

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:54 am
by Ram
pr126 wrote:Frankly, I did not expect this, but glad that it turned out this way.

The Democrats were so sure that Trump had no chance in hell to win the election, that the results came as a huge surprise for them.
Just like in the previous occasions, Mitt Romney was nominated, knowing full well that he had no chance winning, and McCain before it. Which I believe to have been a deliberate move.
That is how Obama was elected twice.
This time it has backfired on them, because the inconceivable happened, people voted for Trump.

And I am sure that there was also a lot of voter fraud in Hillary's favor, but even that didn't help.
Only shows how much Americans were fed up with the present administration.

Let's hope that Trump measures up to expectations.

He has the Herculean task to clean the Augean stables first before he can get down to do any real work.
Get rid of the Muslim Brotherhood infiltrators from DC for a start. Clip the wings of CAIR.

President Trump, Now what?

And another thing. The first president for a long time whom the Saudis don't own.
This president will not be genuflecting to the Saudi king.


Soon after Donald Trump was nominated and started really campaigning, I tole my friends, "don't be surprised if Trump wins the election". They all laughed. Of course, I wasn't saying that he would definitely win.