PRESIDENT TRUMP

Discuss world politics in relation to Islam and Muslims.
User avatar
Hombre
Posts: 3678
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:18 am

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Hombre »

Ariel wrote:
Hombre wrote: written in both Bibles - thou shall love your neighbor as love yourself. (Treat others as yourself wish to be treated)
The Golden Rule also applies to you my dear. So be kind to your president. :sml:
It does not mean I have to worship the guy - nor accept each & every lie he puts out there. To be honored - we have to earn it. With his insults trump brings himself to be ridiculed & disrespected.
Why is he allowed to name others with ugly insults & others can't reply in kind?. No way my lady.

User avatar
Hombre
Posts: 3678
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:18 am

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Hombre »

Ariel wrote:And secondly, (not very nice of me, I know) I would not mind see the democrates making a mess of the country.
"Democrates making a mess of the country".???

Lets compare how the country (US) was faring during the past 45 years - from Nixon to Obama. If you look close & w/o biases. Almost every time a Republican President left the WH - he left us with great deficit, wars (Bush), inflation and slow in the economy.

With his thoughtless tax cut to the rich, attempt to repeal the ObamaCare & his horrible mismanagement of the corona pandemic - trump sure is leading us into disaster. Greater deficit, more people with no access to basic Health care & a divided country.
Just wait & watch.

User avatar
Hombre
Posts: 3678
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:18 am

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Hombre »

manfred wrote:Did he have the same maths teacher as Dianne Abbot?
Not sure who is Dianne Abbot? sounds like she is a member of that venerable British Parliament. However, not sure Biden is THAT misinformed as the lady here.

User avatar
manfred
Posts: 11543
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:29 pm

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by manfred »

Yes she is. MY member of parliament, too.... And she really is not too bright.... She also said the problem with Britain is it has far too many white people.
She does not appear in public too much in recent month, as she has chronic foot in mouth disease.
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

User avatar
Hombre
Posts: 3678
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:18 am

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Hombre »

manfred wrote:Hi hombre,
I see, not really a big deal, I suppose. But the US is such a big country.... surely there must be someone, just even one, who would a better president than either of those two?

The way I see it, the US is deeply divided, and neither can do something about it. Whichever end up winning, the problems will stay. I think the real issue is that the people in the US lost trust in politics generally. Because "politician" ranks on the respectability scale of jobs about the same as "pimp" we get not very good candidates.
(sorry for my late reply).
The problem in US is far deeper & complex than meets the eye. Unlike European, African & Asian societies - US is not as homogeneous as those aforementioned ones.
Yes, there is a common language & central (Federal) government - the main dividing factor is race. After 240 years and major civil war & prohibition of slavery & equal right to all citizens - the issue Whites vs. Non-Whites is still exist & practiced.

By the fact that majority of immigrants came here from non-White countries is causing demographic shift - detriment to the white populaion. Of course they are worried to lose their hegemony & understandably they concerned & trying to do all they can to maintain their control on the future of the nation. Since birthrate among whites is much lower than others - they fear that by 2050 whites will become minorities here. A premise to which they are determined to avoid.

Few tactics used is - control the voting system - who gets to vote & who not. Appoint as many white-conservative judges to federal benches as possible. Uncompromising support of the 2nd Amendment (right to bare arm)

trump understand these concerns & he is taking a full advantage of it - play the race card with slogans "Make America Great (white) again. His latest demagoguery is "The silent majority" Divide-n-conquered. That explains 98% of his supporters are the those whites with limited education & James-Bibles.

Where are we going from here is enigma to any educated individual. But one thing is clear - on the long run trump is harming the US rather then unite the country under one nation.

User avatar
Hombre
Posts: 3678
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:18 am

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Hombre »

manfred wrote:Yes she is. MY member of parliament, too.... And she really is not too bright.... She also said the problem with Britain is it has far too many white people.
She does not appear in public too much in recent month, as she has chronic foot in mouth disease.
Oh I didn't know. This is he first time I hear of her.

User avatar
Hombre
Posts: 3678
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:18 am

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Hombre »

It is not nice to insult the Bush Family - Now it is Pay Time for trump's own stupidity & cheap insults.

Hundreds of George W. Bush administration officials to back Biden, group says

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Hundreds of officials who worked for former Republican President George W. Bush are set to endorse Democratic White House hopeful Joe Biden, people involved in the effort said, the latest Republican-led group coming out to oppose the re-election of Donald Trump.

The officials, who include Cabinet secretaries and other senior people in the Bush administration, have formed a political action committee - 43 Alumni for Biden - to support the former vice president in his Nov. 3 race, three organizers of the group told Reuters. Bush was the country’s 43rd president.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN24253R" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
pr126
Posts: 5291
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:24 am
Location: Blighty

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by pr126 »

Diane Abbott’s intelligence reflects her voters.
Islam: an idea to kill and die for.

User avatar
Ariel
Posts: 7389
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:34 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Ariel »

Hombre wrote:It is not nice to insult the Bush Family -
It is also not nice to insult the Trump family. Soon it will be Pay Time for the Democrats for their stupidity and cheap insults.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.

User avatar
pr126
Posts: 5291
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:24 am
Location: Blighty

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by pr126 »

There is no reasoning with a never Trumper. Wasted time.
Islam: an idea to kill and die for.

User avatar
Ariel
Posts: 7389
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:34 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Ariel »

Adam Schiff’s top staff were briefed on the Russian “bounty” intelligence in February during staff trip to Afghanistan. How did Schiff respond? By doing nothing. Schiff didn’t tell HPSCI, or Congress, and didn’t call Trump to urge him to take action.
Schiff Learned Of Russian ‘Bounty’ Intelligence In February, Withheld Information From Congress, And Took No Action

Schiff demands the Trump administration brief all of Congress about the unverified allegations, yet he himself did not ask for a briefing following the February briefing of his own staff.

Top committee staff for Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), the chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, were briefed in February on intelligence about Russia offering the Taliban bounties in Afghanistan, but he took no action in response to the briefing, multiple intelligence sources familiar with the briefing told The Federalist. The intelligence was briefed to Schiff’s staff during a congressional delegation, or CODEL, trip to Afghanistan in February.

Schiff, who has acknowledged President Donald Trump was never briefed on the so-called intelligence, has thus far refused to disclose that his staff was personally briefed. The revelation raises serious questions that Schiff is once again politicizing, and perhaps even deliberately misrepresenting, key data for partisan gain.

Asked by a reporter Tuesday if he had any knowledge of the Russia story prior to the New York Times report, Schiff said “I can’t comment on specifics.”

Schiff’s recent complaints that Trump took no action against Russia in response to rumors of Russian bounties are curious given that Schiff himself took no action after his top staff were briefed by intelligence officials. As chairman of the intelligence committee, Schiff had the authority to immediately brief the full committee and convene hearings on the matter. Schiff, however, did nothing. He did not brief his committee on the matter, nor did he brief the gang of 8, which consists of top congressional leadership in both chambers.

Schiff is demanding that the Trump administration brief all of Congress about the unverified allegations, yet he himself did not ask for a briefing of the Intelligence Committee following the February briefing of his own staff.

Patrick Boland, a spokesman for Schiff on the intelligence committee, did not respond to a request for comment on Schiff’s inaction and declined to say why Schiff withheld the information from Congress for months. Boland also did not explain why travel records regarding the Congressional staff delegation trip to Afghanistan had not yet been disclosed in the Congressional Record as required by law.

Schiff, who was the key driver behind failed Democrat attempts to impeach and remove President Donald Trump from office earlier this year about the president’s interactions with foreign leaders, also lied about his staff’s interaction with the so-called whistleblower, identified by Real Clear Investigations as Eric Ciaramella, prior to the so-called whistleblower filing his complaint against Trump.

The California Democrat was also a main proponent of the Russia collusion hoax, falsely stating for years that he held “ample evidence of collusion” between President Trump and Russia. A lengthy investigation of the theory by Special Counsel Robert Mueller ostensibly set up to find that evidence was unable to find any evidence of any collusion between any American and Russia.
Just as Schiff falsely claimed that he and his staff had no interaction with the anti-Trump leaker behind the impeachment push and falsely claimed he was privy to secret evidence of collusion with Russia, Schiff attacked Trump for not taking action in response to the Russian bounty rumors while refusing to disclose that his own office was briefed in February and did nothing in response.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.

User avatar
Hombre
Posts: 3678
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:18 am

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Hombre »

Ariel wrote:Adam Schiff’s top staff were briefed on the Russian “bounty” intelligence in February during staff trip to Afghanistan. How did Schiff respond? By doing nothing. Schiff didn’t tell HPSCI, or Congress, and didn’t call Trump to urge him to take action.

Just as Schiff falsely claimed that he and his staff had no interaction with the anti-Trump leaker behind the impeachment push and falsely claimed he was privy to secret evidence of collusion with Russia, Schiff attacked Trump for not taking action in response to the Russian bounty rumors while refusing to disclose that his own office was briefed in February and did nothing in response.
If Intelligence services indeed had briefed Schiff on the Bounty - They must have briefed Richard Burr as well. He is head of the Senate Intelligence committee. He too, remained mum about it.
Why bring only the chairman of the lower house? You got it my Lady - POLITICS. Adam Schiff is Democrat & Burr is republican. Shift the focus on the other side away from the real culprit - trump himself..

Notwithstanding. Duty of the Intelligence Services is to brief PoUS first, than members of Congress. Sooooooo, why trump ignored or did nothing when he was told about the bounty.?

User avatar
Takeiteasynow
Posts: 706
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 8:24 pm

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Takeiteasynow »

Seems that Trump's decision to leave WHO was a good one...

WHO admits China never reported the existence of coronavirus outbreak

Image

The World Health Organization backtracked on its assertion that the Chinese government alerted the United Nations agency about the coronavirus outbreak.

The WHO quietly updated its “Timeline of WHO’s response to COVID-19” on Tuesday following the House Foreign Affairs Committee Republicans' mid-June Interim Report on Origins of COVID-19 Pandemic (led by ranking member and China task force Chairman Rep. Michael McCaul of Texas), which concluded that “despite public reporting to the contrary ... China never notified the WHO about the outbreak in Wuhan.” The change was spotted by McCaul and first reported by the Washington Free Beacon.

“I’m glad to see the WHO and the Chinese Communist Party have both read my interim report on the origins of the pandemic and are finally admitting to the world the truth — the CCP never reported the virus outbreak to the WHO in violation of WHO regulations,” McCaul said in a statement to the Washington Examiner. “The question now is whether the CCP will continue their false propaganda campaign that continues to claim they warned the world or whether they will come clean and begin to work with the world health community to get to the bottom of this deadly pandemic.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... s-outbreak" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Abraham= H'ammu'rab(b)i, Historical Muhammad=Benjamin of Tiberias. Theological: Mahmud from Najran Islam: Syncretic Israelite Yahwishm Deity: nameless, epithets Dsr, El Qutbay, ʼAlâhâ, Allāh. Ka'ba: Kutha => Samaria => Petra=> Makkah. Hijrah 622: Petra => Kerak

User avatar
Hombre
Posts: 3678
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:18 am

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Hombre »

Takeiteasynow wrote:Seems that Trump's decision to leave WHO was a good one...

WHO admits China never reported the existence of coronavirus outbreak

The World Health Organization backtracked on its assertion that the Chinese government alerted the United Nations agency about the coronavirus outbreak.

The WHO quietly updated its “Timeline of WHO’s response to COVID-19” on Tuesday following the House Foreign Affairs Committee Republicans' mid-June Interim Report on Origins of COVID-19 Pandemic (led by ranking member and China task force Chairman Rep. Michael McCaul of Texas), which concluded that “despite public reporting to the contrary ... China never notified the WHO about the outbreak in Wuhan.” The change was spotted by McCaul and first reported by the Washington Free Beacon.

“I’m glad to see the WHO and the Chinese Communist Party have both read my interim report on the origins of the pandemic and are finally admitting to the world the truth — the CCP never reported the virus outbreak to the WHO in violation of WHO regulations,” McCaul said in a statement to the Washington Examiner. “The question now is whether the CCP will continue their false propaganda campaign that continues to claim they warned the world or whether they will come clean and begin to work with the world health community to get to the bottom of this deadly pandemic.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... s-outbreak" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WHO by no means is perfect. However, depriving it of the resources it needs to deal with current pandemic affecting all of us - not just the Americans, is stupid for which we all pay the price.
trump can find another "chicken coop" to play his rooster-bravado not WHO & not now.

User avatar
Takeiteasynow
Posts: 706
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 8:24 pm

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Takeiteasynow »

WHO by no means is perfect. However, depriving it of the resources it needs to deal with current pandemic affecting all of us - not just the Americans, is stupid for which we all pay the price.
trump can find another "chicken coop" to play his rooster-bravado not WHO & not now.
Surely not. It always takes a few smart minds to find a solution - it's never done by bureaucracies. And remember your rant on Trump's Hydroxychloroquine mantra? Read this:

Hydroxychloroquine helped save coronavirus patients, study shows
Hydroxychloroquine lowers COVID-19 death rate, Henry Ford Health study finds. Researchers analyzed the health outcomes of 2,451 patents over a six month period; analysis from cardiologist Dr. Ramin Oskoui, CEO of Foxhall

Researchers at the Henry Ford Health System in Southeast Michigan have found that early administration of the drug hydroxychloroquine makes hospitalized patients substantially less likely to die.

The study, published in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases, determined that hydroxychloroquine provided a "66% hazard ratio reduction," and hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin a 71 percent reduction, compared to neither treatment.

In-hospital mortality was 18.1 percent with both drugs, 13.5 percent with just hydroxychloroquine, 22.4 percent with azithromycin alone, and 26.4 percent with neither drug. "Prospective trials are needed" for further review, the researchers note.

"Our results do differ from some other studies," Dr. Marcus Zervos, who heads the hospital's infectious diseases unit, said at a news conference. "What we think was important in ours ... is that patients were treated early. For hydroxychloroquine to have a benefit, it needs to begin before the patients begin to suffer some of the severe immune reactions that patients can have with COVID."

"Fortunately, the Trump Administration secured a massive supply of hydroxychloroquine for the national stockpile months ago," a statement read. "Yet this is the same drug that the media and the Biden campaign spent weeks trying to discredit and spread fear and doubt around because President Trump dared to mention it as a potential treatment for coronavirus."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hydrox ... irus-study" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Abraham= H'ammu'rab(b)i, Historical Muhammad=Benjamin of Tiberias. Theological: Mahmud from Najran Islam: Syncretic Israelite Yahwishm Deity: nameless, epithets Dsr, El Qutbay, ʼAlâhâ, Allāh. Ka'ba: Kutha => Samaria => Petra=> Makkah. Hijrah 622: Petra => Kerak

User avatar
Ariel
Posts: 7389
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:34 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Ariel »

What those people want, is getting Trump out of their way, so that they can change the world .
They want to determine what is good and what is bad.
This ‘revolution’ isn’t what it looks like

We’re really witnessing a counter-revolution of the neoliberal class

America is not in the middle of a revolution — it is a reactionary putsch. About four years ago, the sort of people who had acquired position and influence as a result of globalisation were turfed out of power for the first time in decades. They watched in horror as voters across the world chose Brexit, Donald Trump and other populist and conservative-nationalist options.

This deposition explains the storm of unrest battering American cities from coast to coast and making waves in Europe as well. The storm’s ferocity — the looting, the mobs, the mass lawlessness, the zealous iconoclasm, the deranged slogans like #DefundPolice — terrifies ordinary Americans. Many conservatives, especially, believe they are facing a revolution targeting the very foundations of American order.

But when national institutions bow (or kneel) to the street fighters’ demands, it should tell us that something else is going on. We aren’t dealing with a Maoist or Marxist revolt, even if some protagonists spout hard-leftish rhetoric. Rather, what’s playing out is a counter-revolution of the neoliberal class — academe, media, large corporations, ‘experts’, Big Tech — against the nationalist revolution launched in 2016. The supposed insurgents and the elites are marching in the streets together, taking the knee together.

They do not seek a radically new arrangement, but a return to the pre-Trump, pre-Brexit status quo ante which was working out very well for them. It was, of course, working out less well for the working class of all races, who bore the brunt of their preferred policy mix: open borders, free trade without limits, an aggressive cultural liberalism that corroded tradition and community, technocratic ‘global governance’ that neutered democracy and politics as such.

Conservatives generally don’t tend to pay much attention to class analysis. But in this case, it does help to explain what’s going on. And it helps to illuminate the true nature of social movements that pose as, and can get mistaken for, revolutionary leftism.

Does anyone seriously believe the American establishment — Walmart, Facebook, Amazon, Netflix, the trustees of Ivy League universities, the major sports leagues, even Brooks Brothers, for God’s sake — would sign on to a movement that genuinely threatened its material interests? And yet these and many other firms and institutions are falling over themselves to express solidarity with the ‘uprising’, some going so far as to donate millions of dollars to Black Lives Matter, an outfit that lists among its objectives the abolition of the nuclear family.

Over the past four years, every trick in the book has been used to end the ‘nightmare’ of national conservatism and populism. The methods deployed by the elite reflect its tendencies and preferences as a class. Just think of recent skirmishes. A decisive majority of British voters resolved to leave the EU and then had to spend three years fighting a political establishment that marshalled all its vast resources to thwart Brexit. It failed. In America the liberal establishment tried harder, failed harder, but learned more. From the minute Trump won the presidential election, Democrats, elements of the security apparatus, and their media allies set out to undo the result. The marquee events were the ‘collusion’ probe and an impeachment push that was perhaps the single biggest insult ever to the intelligence of the American people. There were also countless smaller attempts to unseat Trump and destroy his entourage.

Trump survived it all. Now comes the new wave of rioters and mad iconoclasts, which many corporates and Democratic governors and mayors have actively encouraged, even as they continue to bar children from public parks and families from holding outdoor funerals, citing Covid-19 risks.

But wait: riots and statue-toppling — such things aren’t congenial to establishment figures, are they? The logic becomes apparent when you see it as a form of class struggle. For all its fury, the storm of the riots ends. There is little resembling demands for ongoing redistributive justice of the kind the old left championed. No labour solidarity, nothing to do with wages and job security. Just demands for ‘representation’ or diversity (on corporate boards, in university curricula, etc). And, of course, the firing of those who say the wrong or awkward thing in the digital public square, in workplaces or in classrooms.

The goal isn’t to rectify concrete economic injustices: massive inequalities in wealth, health and job security. The goal is precisely the opposite: to mitigate, to defer, to smooth over, to mask these substantive disagreements and instead have battles on procedural mechanisms for upholding manners.

Which social class most excels at politically correct manners? That would be the professional-managerial class, the laptop class. Its children learn the patois for discussing ‘issues of race, gender and sexuality’ from an early age. They’re expected to have mastered it by the time they take their entry-level jobs. It’s a skill that private schools are doubtless teaching already.

Working-class people, meanwhile, are most likely to struggle with this language. Even when they mean well they don’t always get it right, not least because the rules constantly shift with the vagaries of critical race theory and LGBTQ acronyms. By fortifying the requirements to speak and think correctly — and raising the stakes for failures — the neoliberal class has now built a repressive new mechanism for staying at the top and keeping the oiks down. Especially those who voted the wrong way in 2016.

So whatever you do, don’t call it a leftist revolution. With the flags, the protests, the kneeling and the new language, it’s a counter-revolution. The outcome remains uncertain, but the class war is well and truly under way.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.

User avatar
Hombre
Posts: 3678
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:18 am

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Hombre »

Takeiteasynow wrote:Surely not. It always takes a few smart minds to find a solution - it's never done by bureaucracies. And remember your rant on Trump's Hydroxychloroquine mantra? Read this:

Hydroxychloroquine helped save coronavirus patients, study shows
Hydroxychloroquine lowers COVID-19 death rate, Henry Ford Health study finds. Researchers analyzed the health outcomes of 2,451 patents over a six month period; analysis from cardiologist Dr. Ramin Oskoui, CEO of Foxhall

Researchers at the Henry Ford Health System in Southeast Michigan have found that early administration of the drug hydroxychloroquine makes hospitalized patients substantially less likely to die.

The study, published in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases, determined that hydroxychloroquine provided a "66% hazard ratio reduction," and hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin a 71 percent reduction, compared to neither treatment.

In-hospital mortality was 18.1 percent with both drugs, 13.5 percent with just hydroxychloroquine, 22.4 percent with azithromycin alone, and 26.4 percent with neither drug. "Prospective trials are needed" for further review, the researchers note.

"Our results do differ from some other studies," Dr. Marcus Zervos, who heads the hospital's infectious diseases unit, said at a news conference. "What we think was important in ours ... is that patients were treated early. For hydroxychloroquine to have a benefit, it needs to begin before the patients begin to suffer some of the severe immune reactions that patients can have with COVID."

"Fortunately, the Trump Administration secured a massive supply of hydroxychloroquine for the national stockpile months ago," a statement read. "Yet this is the same drug that the media and the Biden campaign spent weeks trying to discredit and spread fear and doubt around because President Trump dared to mention it as a potential treatment for coronavirus."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hydrox ... irus-study" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
One would assume CDC & FDA own take on this pill viz-a-viz Coved-19 is much more credible & reliable than FoxNews ( or any commercial publication) .
Please Read this:

Information for Clinicians on Investigational Therapeutics for Patients with COVID-19
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... tions.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Revokes Emergency Use Authorization for Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine
Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) revoked the emergency use authorization (EUA) that allowed for chloroquine phosphate and hydroxychloroquine sulfate donated to the Strategic National Stockpile to be used to treat certain hospitalized patients with COVID-19 when a clinical trial was unavailable, or participation in a clinical trial was not feasible. The agency determined that the legal criteria for issuing an EUA are no longer met. Based on its ongoing analysis of the EUA and emerging scientific data, the FDA determined that chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are unlikely to be effective in treating COVID-19 for the authorized uses in the EUA. Additionally, in light of ongoing serious cardiac adverse events and other potential serious side effects, the known and potential benefits of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine no longer outweigh the known and potential risks for the authorized use.
https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-a ... oquine-and" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Hombre
Posts: 3678
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:18 am

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Hombre »

Ariel wrote:What those people want, is getting Trump out of their way, so that they can change the world .
They want to determine what is good and what is bad.
This ‘revolution’ isn’t what it looks like

We’re really witnessing a counter-revolution of the neoliberal class

America is not in the middle of a revolution — it is a reactionary putsch. About four years ago, the sort of people who had acquired position and influence as a result of globalisation were turfed out of power for the first time in decades. They watched in horror as voters across the world chose Brexit, Donald Trump and other populist and conservative-nationalist options.

This deposition explains the storm of unrest battering American cities from coast to coast and making waves in Europe as well. The storm’s ferocity — the looting, the mobs, the mass lawlessness, the zealous iconoclasm, the deranged slogans like #DefundPolice — terrifies ordinary Americans. Many conservatives, especially, believe they are facing a revolution targeting the very foundations of American order.

But when national institutions bow (or kneel) to the street fighters’ demands, it should tell us that something else is going on. We aren’t dealing with a Maoist or Marxist revolt, even if some protagonists spout hard-leftish rhetoric. Rather, what’s playing out is a counter-revolution of the neoliberal class — academe, media, large corporations, ‘experts’, Big Tech — against the nationalist revolution launched in 2016. The supposed insurgents and the elites are marching in the streets together, taking the knee together.

They do not seek a radically new arrangement, but a return to the pre-Trump, pre-Brexit status quo ante which was working out very well for them. It was, of course, working out less well for the working class of all races, who bore the brunt of their preferred policy mix: open borders, free trade without limits, an aggressive cultural liberalism that corroded tradition and community, technocratic ‘global governance’ that neutered democracy and politics as such.

Conservatives generally don’t tend to pay much attention to class analysis. But in this case, it does help to explain what’s going on. And it helps to illuminate the true nature of social movements that pose as, and can get mistaken for, revolutionary leftism.

Does anyone seriously believe the American establishment — Walmart, Facebook, Amazon, Netflix, the trustees of Ivy League universities, the major sports leagues, even Brooks Brothers, for God’s sake — would sign on to a movement that genuinely threatened its material interests? And yet these and many other firms and institutions are falling over themselves to express solidarity with the ‘uprising’, some going so far as to donate millions of dollars to Black Lives Matter, an outfit that lists among its objectives the abolition of the nuclear family.

Over the past four years, every trick in the book has been used to end the ‘nightmare’ of national conservatism and populism. The methods deployed by the elite reflect its tendencies and preferences as a class. Just think of recent skirmishes. A decisive majority of British voters resolved to leave the EU and then had to spend three years fighting a political establishment that marshalled all its vast resources to thwart Brexit. It failed. In America the liberal establishment tried harder, failed harder, but learned more. From the minute Trump won the presidential election, Democrats, elements of the security apparatus, and their media allies set out to undo the result. The marquee events were the ‘collusion’ probe and an impeachment push that was perhaps the single biggest insult ever to the intelligence of the American people. There were also countless smaller attempts to unseat Trump and destroy his entourage.

Trump survived it all. Now comes the new wave of rioters and mad iconoclasts, which many corporates and Democratic governors and mayors have actively encouraged, even as they continue to bar children from public parks and families from holding outdoor funerals, citing Covid-19 risks.

But wait: riots and statue-toppling — such things aren’t congenial to establishment figures, are they? The logic becomes apparent when you see it as a form of class struggle. For all its fury, the storm of the riots ends. There is little resembling demands for ongoing redistributive justice of the kind the old left championed. No labour solidarity, nothing to do with wages and job security. Just demands for ‘representation’ or diversity (on corporate boards, in university curricula, etc). And, of course, the firing of those who say the wrong or awkward thing in the digital public square, in workplaces or in classrooms.

The goal isn’t to rectify concrete economic injustices: massive inequalities in wealth, health and job security. The goal is precisely the opposite: to mitigate, to defer, to smooth over, to mask these substantive disagreements and instead have battles on procedural mechanisms for upholding manners.

Which social class most excels at politically correct manners? That would be the professional-managerial class, the laptop class. Its children learn the patois for discussing ‘issues of race, gender and sexuality’ from an early age. They’re expected to have mastered it by the time they take their entry-level jobs. It’s a skill that private schools are doubtless teaching already.

Working-class people, meanwhile, are most likely to struggle with this language. Even when they mean well they don’t always get it right, not least because the rules constantly shift with the vagaries of critical race theory and LGBTQ acronyms. By fortifying the requirements to speak and think correctly — and raising the stakes for failures — the neoliberal class has now built a repressive new mechanism for staying at the top and keeping the oiks down. Especially those who voted the wrong way in 2016.

So whatever you do, don’t call it a leftist revolution. With the flags, the protests, the kneeling and the new language, it’s a counter-revolution. The outcome remains uncertain, but the class war is well and truly under way.
Another Op-ed from a conservative outlet - bash malign, name-call or denigrate those who don't subscribe to their narrow & myopic ideology. What else new in the land of Ali-Baba & 40 thieves. People are unhappy & disillusion with trump's way of running the country - here & abroad. They are outraged seeing a man being suffocated by a police right in broad day light & see many of these murderers go scot-free.Which part of it is not clear?

4 years ago people were looking for change & voted conservatives - hoping for better then what they had. 3 1/2 years later Brexit is in Shamble & less & less people believe nor trust trump. His complete failure to manage the The Coved-19 simply exposed "the king has no cloths". Moreover, his total disregard to the second wave pandemic which kill thousand of Americans. His divisive policy of white-America & his constant lies & worse his idiotic insults of others now is coming to haunt him.

Even stalwart Republicans are forming Super-Pac to elect Biden & defeat trump. No, they are not changing party - just trying to preserve GOP 240 year history & reputation from destroyed by this man.

The funny part is - trump self deludes himself as "the best PoUS in US history" & now expects to go into history with his head carved on Mt. Rushmore & even picked the spot on the mountain. Only a self deluded & deranged individual behave like this man. Normal & rational individual do not behave like this.


User avatar
Centaur
Posts: 2148
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Centaur »

very True, leftists fascists and their Islamo-fascist friends together with the left leaning mainstream media network ban everyone who doesn't subscribe to their narrow minded ideology.

Leftist thought policing is real.Free speech for them is what they want to hear and they expect everyone to comply with their convoluted way of seeing things.

Its also sole right of only these people to use or create more labels like Islamophobia,racist etc as and when they please to shut up sensible criticism. hmmm that's what fascists do.
Click to win $50,0000 :rock:

only 2% of KKK are radical, the rest are peaceful law abiding moderates
Islamic Football Team: Striker:Extremist; Defender: Moderate One; Goallie :Leftist

User avatar
manfred
Posts: 11543
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:29 pm

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by manfred »

I wonder what people make of Kanye West's announcement to stand for election.
He is very unlikely to win, but will he have an effect of the result? Who will he draw more votes from?
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

Post Reply