PRESIDENT TRUMP

Discuss world politics in relation to Islam and Muslims.
Takeiteasynow

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Takeiteasynow »

This example needs clarification. Federal lands include approximately 610.1 million acres and this ownership can be divided into four main categories:
- Bureau of Land Management, 248.3 million acres, range land;
- Indian counties, 55 million acres;
- Fish and Wildlife Service, 89.1 million acres primarily in Alaska with a focus on the for conservation of wildlife;
- National Parks, 79.8 million acres
- Forest Service, 192.9 million acres

As you can see most federal ownership is dedicated to conservation of nature and wildlife. Rangeland could perhaps be sold to private investors. All in all this is not a great example of a 'totalitarian state that controls production' as most of these areas produce nothing or have few resources.
Abraham= H'ammu'rab(b)i, Historical Muhammad=Benjamin of Tiberias. Islam: Syncretic Israelite Yahwishm Deity: nameless, epithets Dsr, El Qutbay, ʼAlâhâ, Allāh. Ka'ba: Kutha => Samaria => Petra=> Makkah. Hijrah 622: Petra => Kerak
glitch

Post by glitch »

Funny how Trump metioning what Hombre calls "conspiracy theories" werementions years before Trump even ran--and funny how when raiding Epstein's mansion they found a questionable painting of Clinton--not Trump.
M85

Post by M85 »

glitch wrote:questionable painting of Clinton
Questionable is a very mild word for it :lotpot: Although, finding the right word is difficult for this particular painting wow.
"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth" - Steve McQueen
antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

Takeiteasynow wrote:As you can see most federal ownership is dedicated to conservation of nature and wildlife. Rangeland could perhaps be sold to private investors. All in all this is not a great example of a 'totalitarian state that controls production' as most of these areas produce nothing or have few resources.
It shows that the mere fact of large-scale public ownership of land, like that resulting from the Louisiana and Alaska purchases does not automatically lead to a totalitarian state. "Big Government" has been part of the "American way" since the USA came into existence. Likewise public ownership of utilitities like water and gas or extractive industries like coal. Nor does public provision of health care like the UK NHS - the problems of which are the result of what the UK political right has maliciously done to it since Thatcher's day - inexorably lead to Stalinist-type rule.
"Prophet Muhammad...bought, sold, captured, and owned slaves" SOURCE: BBC website
"Muhammad is considered to be a perfect model" SOURCE: BBC website
Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

All in all it's not that surprising that Epstein's sentence in 2008 was reduced to a little bit of babysitting.

Billionaire Pedophile Jeffrey Epstein Was Informant For Mueller’s FBI

Jeffrey Epstein struck a special deal with the FBI in 208, which was headed by Robert Mueller.
“Epstein has also provided information to the FBI as agreed upon,” says one of the FBI documents. “Case agent advised that no federal prosecution will occur in this matter as long as Epstein continues to uphold his agreement with the state of Florida.”

That's interesting. Let's imagine how this could have worked.

Robert Mueller: "Hi Jeffrey, do you have an update?"
Epstein: 'Hi Robert, just the usual. I assaulted three minors this week - what you call child prostitution'.
Robert Mueller: "OK, any Russians involved?"
Epstein: "No, not that I know of, besides little Olga of course".
Robert Mueller: "Talk to ya next week."
Abraham= H'ammu'rab(b)i, Historical Muhammad=Benjamin of Tiberias. Islam: Syncretic Israelite Yahwishm Deity: nameless, epithets Dsr, El Qutbay, ʼAlâhâ, Allāh. Ka'ba: Kutha => Samaria => Petra=> Makkah. Hijrah 622: Petra => Kerak
antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

Apparently Trump WANTS TO BUY GREENLAND

Why?

One reason mooted in the above-linked article in the UK Daily Express is:

The ice sheet in Greenland is melting and could reveal land rich and valuable resources.Gold, copper, diamonds, olivine, marble, rubies and oil could all be buried beneath the ice sheets in Greenland.

But hold on! Isn't Trump a climate change sceptic who pours scorn on reports LIKE THIS ?

Actually, I think this IS the reason he wants Greenland and that the greedy f>ucker is NOT as "sceptical" as he makes out. He simply does not give a sh>it about risking raising global sea level so that the Coke Brothers and corporate America can make money at all costs. Trump cares about money and the "bottom line" and is probably incapable of understanding the world according to any other criteria. The selfish c>unt is doubtless thinking that he will be dead anyhow by the time any serious climatic ramifications become apparent and that his descendents will be protected by their wealth. Likewise his superrich friends.
"Prophet Muhammad...bought, sold, captured, and owned slaves" SOURCE: BBC website
antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

Perhaps Trump will just decide to take Greenland if persuasion fails.
Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

antineoETC wrote: The ice sheet in Greenland is melting and could reveal land rich and valuable resources.Gold, copper, diamonds, olivine, marble, rubies and oil could all be buried beneath the ice sheets in Greenland.

But hold on! Isn't Trump a climate change sceptic who pours scorn on reports LIKE THIS ?
Basically true but you have to be careful with statements like these once you realize these reports only mention half of the story:
1) Greenland's icecap melts primarily on the west side of the island.
2) Three gigantic underwater volcanic ridges are located west of Greenland's west coast.
So the arctic seafloor is set afire with enormous amounts of lava-spewing volcanoes causing thermodynamic activities such as hot water columns rising to surface.

You can compare this with previous reporting on the Antarctic Peninsula, the northernmost part of the mainland of Antarctica. It became completely silent when others discovered that the peninsula is surrounded by a ring of fire - underwater volcanoes.

Just be careful when using reports from pseudo-scientists or anyone who tells you half of the story.
Hombre

Post by Hombre »

antineoETC wrote:Perhaps Trump will just decide to take Greenland if persuasion fails.
if Denmark leaders are smart - they would stipulate the sale of Greenland to trump in exchange for everything he owns in US AND with condition he will move permanently himself & all his family to Greenland & stay there. :lighten:
antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

Takeiteasynow wrote:Basically true but you have to be careful with statements like these once you realize these reports only mention half of the story:
1) Greenland's icecap melts primarily on the west side of the island.
2) Three gigantic underwater volcanic ridges are located west of Greenland's west coast.
So the arctic seafloor is set afire with enormous amounts of lava-spewing volcanoes causing thermodynamic activities such as hot water columns rising to surface.
My main issue here is whethe Trump is the climate change sceptic he makes out. I don't think he is - unless he imagines that he could use H-bombs to clear away large amounts of Greenland ice to get at the minerals that may lie beneath.
Just be careful when using reports from pseudo-scientists or anyone who tells you half of the story.
How do you define "pseudo-scientist" in the context of climate science?
Hombre

Post by Hombre »

Recently trump had declared himself as "King of Jews" & "he was selected by Allah" to lead the nation. With "kings" like trump, I would rather convert into Islam.

But with his recent ploy of shamming Jews who vote for democrats (read - those who don't for him) are "disloyal" to their own religion is most glaring & disturbing at best. As I pointed out when he moved the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem that, this act was not done for love of Israel - rather a simple case of Quid Pro Quo "I do for you - you do for me".

Somehow in his little mind - trump thought with his act - Israel & AIPAC will "instruct" 6m Jews in US to abdicate their moral, compassion and their political independence & vote for him. trump's miscalculation is now backfiring on him, more right-leaning Jews are abandoning the GOP in droves and plan to vote for trump's opposition.

I will close with this:
Any Jew, a Christian or those who believe in the 10 Commandments who vote for ANY misogynist, a lier, a narcissist, an adulterer, & outright intellectually bankrupt, is disloyal & betrays the very fundamental tenets of Judea &Christianity.
Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

antineoETC wrote:How do you define "pseudo-scientist" in the context of climate science?
Usage of statistical methodologies in what actually belongs to the domain of physics, especially the low correlation between CO2 and the average global temperature.
Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

Hombre wrote:Recently trump had declared himself as "King of Jews" & "he was selected by Allah" to lead the nation. With "kings" like trump, I would rather convert into Islam.

But with his recent ploy of shamming Jews who vote for democrats (read - those who don't for him) are "disloyal" to their own religion is most glaring & disturbing at best. As I pointed out when he moved the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem that, this act was not done for love of Israel - rather a simple case of Quid Pro Quo "I do for you - you do for me".

Somehow in his little mind - trump thought with his act - Israel & AIPAC will "instruct" 6m Jews in US to abdicate their moral, compassion and their political independence & vote for him. trump's miscalculation is now backfiring on him, more right-leaning Jews are abandoning the GOP in droves and plan to vote for trump's opposition.

I will close with this:
Any Jew, a Christian or those who believe in the 10 Commandments who vote for ANY misogynist, a lier, a narcissist, an adulterer, & outright intellectually bankrupt, is disloyal & betrays the very fundamental tenets of Judea &Christianity.
:lol: Nice try. Trump only retweeted a message from Wayne Allyn Root—a self-described “Jew turned evangelical Christian”.
“Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words. “President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world...and the Jewish people in Israel love him like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God...But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for.....
Sure Trump is a bit self centered, just like Hombre is the easy victim of any propaganda frame. :heh:
antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

Takeiteasynow wrote: Usage of statistical methodologies in what actually belongs to the domain of physics, especially the low correlation between CO2 and the average global temperature.
Do you accept that CO2 is a "greenhouse" gas and that if the atmosphere did not contain any the earth would freeze over?
Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

antineoETC wrote:
Takeiteasynow wrote: Usage of statistical methodologies in what actually belongs to the domain of physics, especially the low correlation between CO2 and the average global temperature.
Do you accept that CO2 is a "greenhouse" gas and that if the atmosphere did not contain any the earth would freeze over?
Sure. But a focus on methane would be more appropriate.

Do you understand the limitations that come along with statistical methodologies?
Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Lol. :*)

The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.
antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

Takeiteasynow wrote:Do you understand the limitations that come along with statistical methodologies?
Yes. The tobacco industry for decades exploited the uncertainties inherent in statistical analysis to claim there was no causal relationship between tobacco smoking and lung cancer, and latterly to claim that non-smokers did not suffer health problems from sidestream smoke. The fossil fuel industry and rightwing religous deregulationists have very effectively adopted the tobacco industry strategy to block any serious action on CO2 emissions. If the worst-case scenario came to pass these "sceptics" would still be denying that it had anything to do with human activity.

If we are going to conduct experiments with the atmosphere those on the right who claim to care so much about "the science" should accept that a massive reduction in CO2 is scientifically necessary to see if there is a measurable downward effect on average global temperatures. But no, those who rubbish predictions about melting polar icecaps confidently predict WITHOUT ANY SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE that such action would have massive negative economic consequences even to the extent of causing global food shortages.
Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

antineoETC wrote:
Takeiteasynow wrote:Do you understand the limitations that come along with statistical methodologies?
Yes. The tobacco industry for decades exploited the uncertainties inherent in statistical analysis to claim there was no causal relationship between tobacco smoking and lung cancer, and latterly to claim that non-smokers did not suffer health problems from sidestream smoke. The fossil fuel industry and rightwing religous deregulationists have very effectively adopted the tobacco industry strategy to block any serious action on CO2 emissions. If the worst-case scenario came to pass these "sceptics" would still be denying that it had anything to do with human activity.

If we are going to conduct experiments with the atmosphere those on the right who claim to care so much about "the science" should accept that a massive reduction in CO2 is scientifically necessary to see if there is a measurable downward effect on average global temperatures. But no, those who rubbish predictions about melting polar icecaps confidently predict WITHOUT ANY SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE that such action would have massive negative economic consequences even to the extent of causing global food shortages.
I'll get your point - you only need causal relationships if it proves your point so you can switch between proof and evidence when needed. Yeah let's prioritize reducing CO2 emissions whilst complete habitats are being destroyed or polluted - that's kind of cool.
antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

Takeiteasynow wrote:I'll get your point - you only need causal relationships if it proves your point so you can switch between proof and evidence when needed.
When you are using an entire planet as a test tube and you only have one planet then it is impossible to rerun the experiment from scratch you only have correlations and statistical analysis.
Yeah let's prioritize reducing CO2 emissions whilst complete habitats are being destroyed or polluted - that's kind of cool.
The global economy as currently constructed according to the prescriptions of the neoliberal economists is essentially a system for using energy in fossil fuels to convert biological and mineral natural resources into toxic garbage heaps in a process bizarrely termed "wealth creation" (the "created wealth" being money ie nothing). Stop overexploiting biological and mineral resources, stop exterminating wildlife and you reduce energy consumption and reduce CO2 emissions.
Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

antineoETC wrote:
Takeiteasynow wrote:I'll get your point - you only need causal relationships if it proves your point so you can switch between proof and evidence when needed.
When you are using an entire planet as a test tube and you only have one planet then it is impossible to rerun the experiment from scratch you only have correlations and statistical analysis.
Yeah let's prioritize reducing CO2 emissions whilst complete habitats are being destroyed or polluted - that's kind of cool.
The global economy as currently constructed according to the prescriptions of the neoliberal economists is essentially a system for using energy in fossil fuels to convert biological and mineral natural resources into toxic garbage heaps in a process bizarrely termed "wealth creation" (the "created wealth" being money ie nothing).
Partly agree here. I suggest to replace Neoliberalism with globalism. Multinationals are simply too big nowadays to be controlled and move workers, assets and resources around the globe as if these are play toys. Without local affiliations big corporate decisions, often state sponsored, are made without considering the interests of local communities. And then there's China that needs enormous amounts of resources.
So (sub)tropical habitats and communities are being destroyed after Beijing's foreign trade minister signals some dictator that China needs a particular (mineral) resource.