PRESIDENT TRUMP

Discuss world politics in relation to Islam and Muslims.
glitch

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by glitch »

Hombre wrote:Ansar al-Zindiqi . I have noticed that, you brought The Washington Times as one of your sources. Had you checked the true identity of this paper and who is the owner - I am sure you would thing twice. Here what Wikipedia describe it:

The Washington Times was founded on May 17, 1982, by Unification movement leader Sun Myung Moon and owned until 2010 by News World Communications, an international media conglomerate founded by Moon. It is currently owned by Operations Holdings, which is owned by the Unification movement.[4][5]

Throughout its history, The Washington Times has been known for its conservative political stance.[6][7][8][9] It has drawn controversy for publishing racist content, including commentary and conspiracy theories about United States president Barack Obama[10][11] and support for neo-Confederatism.[12] It has published material promoting Islamophobia.[13] It has published many columns which reject the scientific consensus on climate change,[14][15][16] as well as ozone depletion[17] and second-hand smoke.[18][19]

As for the El Paso shooting. Notwithstanding all the those lame exudes "it was not racially motivated shooting. In his manifesto which was affirmed by El Paso Police Chief Greg Allen to be the gunman's own writing. Furthermore, according to Associate Press - the guy was using exact same slogans as used by trump. “Hispanic invasion of Texas.” He also wrote "“They (Mexicans) are the instigators, not me,” it says. “I am simply defending my country from cultural and ethnic replacement brought on by an invasion.”

Anyone gullible enough to dismiss trump's insidious anti-immigrant rhetoric perhaps needs to think again. trump fiery speeches do matter and do cause tragic consequences.
Okay, Control Sanders, Warren and Occasio-Cortez first? Real interesting you ignore the shootings apparently done in response to Liberals/Leftists.

Ansar al-Zindiqi

Post by Ansar al-Zindiqi »

Hombre wrote:Ansar al-Zindiqi . I have noticed that, you brought The Washington Times as one of your sources. Had you checked the true identity of this paper and who is the owner - I am sure you would thing twice. Here what Wikipedia describe it:
Yeah. I used a link from the Washington Times to make a point. Big deal. They're affiliated with the Unification Church (the Moony cult). There are plenty of news sites, blogs, etc from people and organizations with tainted pasts and questionable motives that I can access and do make use of. I'm primarily concerned with looking at the meta-data and not following breadcrumbs. When going over any article from a website such as the Washington Times one has to look to see if what's being stated in an article has been confirmed by other sources. There are other sources I look at that can be painted in much the same way. Even though I'm not a follower of Lyndon Larouche and find some of his views to be questionable so much of what his organization has archived is a treasure trove . Especially when it comes to trying to understand the machinations of the Deep State and several cold cases that I have devoted immense time and energy over the past several years. I can look up some material on jihadwatch or many other sources that criticize Islam and there's plenty of people who would admonish me for citing those sources as proof of being Islamophobic, etc. So what? I'm looking for meta-data and hard evidence and I'll keep doing just that. Researchers have to develop thick skins and be able to find hard truths from unlikely sources. It's a part of life.
Hombre wrote:As for the El Paso shooting. Notwithstanding all the those lame exudes "it was not racially motivated shooting. In his manifesto which was affirmed by El Paso Police Chief Greg Allen to be the gunman's own writing. Furthermore, according to Associate Press - the guy was using exact same slogans as used by trump. “Hispanic invasion of Texas.” He also wrote "“They (Mexicans) are the instigators, not me,” it says. “I am simply defending my country from cultural and ethnic replacement brought on by an invasion.”
I'm not falling for CIA talking points when it was obvious that Patrick Crusius's social media profiles were scrubbed just after the shooting. Much the same thing happened with the social media profiles of the Ohio shooter. This is Mocking Bird media at it's finest and most slovenly when it comes to leaving behind trace evidence for so many to see and concur on.
Hombre wrote:Anyone gullible enough to dismiss trump's insidious anti-immigrant rhetoric perhaps needs to think again. trump fiery speeches do matter and do cause tragic consequences.
Once upon a time there was a website that featured a lot of forums to discuss a wide range of topics pertaining to Islam. Soon many other websites and blogs started up and so there were a lot of pseudo-leftists and other varieties of dhimmis who started up a chorus against those who dared criticize Islam. As a person who criticizes Islam I even felt the wrathful paroxyisms of these people who so vociferously hold onto the idea that Islam is a Religion of Peace. My positions were considered "insidious anti-immigrant rhetoric" and was considered to be "fiery". Of course nothing was further from the truth and I rarely worry about that sort of reaction. By the way that website that features lots of forums to discuss a wide range of ideas is still around. Which I a grateful for.
Don't be a believer but a heretic unto yourself.

antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

Ansar al-Zindiqi wrote:Once upon a time there was a website that featured a lot of forums to discuss a wide range of topics pertaining to Islam. Soon many other websites and blogs started up and so there were a lot of pseudo-leftists and other varieties of dhimmis who started up a chorus against those who dared criticize Islam. As a person who criticizes Islam I even felt the wrathful paroxyisms of these people who so vociferously hold onto the idea that Islam is a Religion of Peace. My positions were considered "insidious anti-immigrant rhetoric" and was considered to be "fiery". Of course nothing was further from the truth and I rarely worry about that sort of reaction. By the way that website that features lots of forums to discuss a wide range of ideas is still around. Which I a grateful for.
A while back a leftist I know started comparing the current lamentable condition of Islamic societies, epitiomised by Saudi Arabia, with the supposed "tolerant, scientifically advanced" condition that supposedly prevailed in the early centuries of Islam, citing a recent radio discussion on the subject. When I started challenging this comforting rose-tinted view of history I was met with an endless mantra of "it was tolerant. It was tolerant. You're spreading hate. You're spreading hate" and couldn't get a word in edgeways.
"Prophet Muhammad...bought, sold, captured, and owned slaves" SOURCE: BBC website
"Muhammad is considered to be a perfect model" SOURCE: BBC website

antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

There are plenty of good GENUINE progressive reasons to be antagonistic towards trump. Unfortunately (and predictably) it is his perfectly reasonable comments regarding Islam that, as far as the average leftist/progressive is concerned, epitomize everything that is wrong with the Pussy-Grabber in Chief:

Dec. 7, 2015: "Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on."

March 9, 2016: "I think Islam hates us ... We can’t allow people coming into this country who have this hatred of the United States and of people that are not Muslim.”

Consider the following pictures:

It is normally the case that a particular view, whether racist or otherwise, is not confined to those who openly express it. The political left and "progressives" in general will rabidly denounce as "RacistIslamophobes" anybody who hazards that the women in the second picture, by virtue of the way they are dressed, might just possibly share the openly expressed sentiments of those in the first picture.

Here are some more people swathed in robes:

I don't see any racist signs or expressions of a desire to bring back slavery and lynch black people. Just some regular guys enjoying an evening of dressing up and cross-burning! By the "logic" of the left vis a vis women in Islamic dress it would be anti-white racist "Klanophobia" of the highest order to imagine that these fine fellows were filled with anything but sweetness and light and the brotherhood of man!
"Prophet Muhammad...bought, sold, captured, and owned slaves" SOURCE: BBC website

Hombre

Post by Hombre »

Ansar al-Zindiqi
I hear what you are trying to say. There are finite hours in a day to spend. It is impossible to read every site or article w/o some form of biases or prejudices. Each has an agenda to which they wish you to agree with that agenda. It is up to each individual to decide what is "right" or "wrong.

The worse element is when some people deceive themselves into believing their pov is the truth. That phenomenon occurs with those who rely on only one source for all their information. Holy Books, followers of Orthodox religious, or FoxNews / Breibart, or MSNBC. We all know a few of them lurking around.

IMHO, Best chose publications known for their unbiased reporting. Sites like Associated Press international. Reuters, or United Press International. These publications have been around for over 150 years and highly respected ones.
Then do read or view those sites which clearly biased. FoxNews, Breibart vs. MSNBC, Huffington Post. Because each tells you news which the other won't tell you.

My favorite view, however, I watch FoxNews, then I go to MSNBC and watch what FoxNews does not tell me & vise vera. Listen to both sides then draw your own conclusion.

Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

My favorite view, however, I watch FoxNews, then I go to MSNBC and watch what FoxNews does not tell me & vise vera. Listen to both sides then draw your own conclusion.
Good idea, let's review some recent examples of MSNBC's objective journalism and reporting.

According to Malcolm Nance, commentator, the President of the United States of sends secret messages to neo-Nazis:
These people feel that they are the foot soldiers executors of what the disenfranchisement that the white race is feeling and Donald Trump is giving them subliminal orders in their head."
Wow - Trump sends subliminal messages! I get it, that's why he repeats himself.

And then special guest, Frank Figliuzzi, former FBO official using numerology to explain the president's coded messages.
It's the little things and language and messaging that matters. The president said that we will fly our flags at half-mast until August 8th -- that's 8-8. Now I'm not going to imply that he did this deliberately, but I am using it as an example of the ignorance of the adversary that's being demonstrated by the White House. The numbers 8-8 are very significant in neo-Nazi and white supremacy movement. Why? Because the letter H is the eighth letter of the alphabet, and to them, the numbers 8 together stand for "Heil, Hitler."
So whenever Trump says 8 it's factually 'Sieg Heil'.

And then there's Nicolle Wallace. She explains that President Trump is planning a genocide of Hispanic-Americans.
"President Obama used the power of the presidency to try to pass comprehensive immigration reform with the Latino community, Latino leaders at the table. You now have a president, as you said, talking about exterminating Latinos."
Author Vegas Tenold appeared on MSNBC to state that Trump is even more racist than nazi.
“I’ve had white supremacists, I’ve had neo-Nazis. Matthew Heimbach is one of the people who were behind the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, he told me that the president goes too far for him sometimes. That Donald Trump is more racist than him,” Tenold said.
Comedian Dean Obeidallah claimed that the word "Trump" is becoming a "modern-day swastika". Tiffany Cross declared that a MAGA hat is equivalent to a "Nazi symbol" or "Klan hood."

MSNBC talk show host Christopher Hayes decided to call all Trump supporters "Nazis" on Wednesday.
Street clashes between antifa and nazis as a regular feature of American political life does not seem like a good development.
MSNBC anchor and former Geroge W. Bush communications director Nicolle Wallace Wednesday compared the cheering crowds at a Trump rally to those that applauded Hitler.

MSNBC's Deutsch equates Trump voters to Nazi guards: 'If you vote for Trump, you're the bad guy'.
If you vote for Trump then you, the voter, you, not Donald Trump, are standing at the border, like Nazis, going ‘you here, you here
Looks like MSNBC is the place to go! :wot:
Abraham= H'ammu'rab(b)i, Historical Muhammad=Benjamin of Tiberias. Islam: Syncretic Israelite Yahwishm Deity: nameless, epithets Dsr, El Qutbay, ʼAlâhâ, Allāh. Ka'ba: Kutha => Samaria => Petra=> Makkah. Hijrah 622: Petra => Kerak

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Takeiteasynow wrote:
Good idea, let's review some recent examples of MSNBC's objective journalism and reporting.

According to Malcolm Nance, commentator, the President of the United States of sends secret messages to neo-Nazis:
Which contrasts rather with the Left's claim that he is as thick as two short planks.
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Ansar al-Zindiqi wrote:
/sarc

Yeah. I used a link from the Washington Times to make a point. Big deal. They're affiliated with the Unification Church (the Moony cult).
Serves you right Ansar - you should have looked for a quote from the Washington TIMES - it's owned by Jeff Bezos of Amazon, who couldn't possibly have any axes to grind... could he?
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Hombre

Post by Hombre »

Takeiteasynow
Since I am registered Independent (The largest Party in US - Yet with no single representative in Congress - thank you very much), I care not for both of them- though overall often I agree more with the Democrats than the GOP.

But let me share with you my own poignant experience between the two cable networks.

During the 2016 elections, I kept hearing Hannity and his prime time talking heads there, yell night after night mention the name "George Soros, George Soros, that evil Liberal whom with his money controls the Democratic Party". "Fine," I said.

Then I switched to MSNBC and asked Their talking head (R. Meadows) - "tell me what FoxNews is not telling me". Sure enough. She opened her monologue with:
"Let me tell you about a reclusive Billionaire named Robert Mercer. He is behind & the main backer to trump's reelection and Brexit. I never heard of this man before & knew nothing about his until she mentioned him

For 45 min, she detailed how Mercer - who is an ultra-conservative, had managed to install his own people (KellyAnne Conway & Steve Bannon whom then were working for him at Breibart News) into his campaign & later became trump closes advisors. Yes, Since then, Bannon has already left the WH, but the Spin-Queen Kellyanne still there in the WH. Some Liberals claim he trump merely is his puppet.

It is not hard to figure out where Mercer fits into this baba mayka - he sure receives daily reports from Kellyanne, & pulls the strings - most likely he instructs her which legislation to promote and which not to.
To be sure indeed those stories about Mercer do have merits, I checked with major publications and sure enough hey also talk about his massive influence on trump.

Rebert The Mercer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breitbart_News" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That is the reason it is a good idea to watch both sides of the argument - then make one's own decision.

Hombre

Post by Hombre »

Fernando wrote:Serves you right Ansar - you should have looked for a quote from the Washington TIMES - it's owned by Jeff Bezos of Amazon, who couldn't possibly have any axes to grind... could he?
You mean Washington Post? - Not Wash Times.

Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

Hombre wrote:But let me share with you my own poignant experience between the two cable networks.
I never heard of Robert Mercer before and will look him up. But is it so hard to admit that MSNBC's journalism is outrageous and even scandalous so now and then? Or are you so biased and prejudiced that you prefer to look the other way and distract with a counterexample?
Abraham= H'ammu'rab(b)i, Historical Muhammad=Benjamin of Tiberias. Islam: Syncretic Israelite Yahwishm Deity: nameless, epithets Dsr, El Qutbay, ʼAlâhâ, Allāh. Ka'ba: Kutha => Samaria => Petra=> Makkah. Hijrah 622: Petra => Kerak

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Hombre wrote:
Fernando wrote:Serves you right Ansar - you should have looked for a quote from the Washington TIMES - it's owned by Jeff Bezos of Amazon, who couldn't possibly have any axes to grind... could he?
You mean Washington Post? - Not Wash Times.
Yes, sorry - it was late and I got them the wrong way round.

Hombre

Post by Hombre »

Takeiteasynow wrote:
Hombre wrote:But let me share with you my own poignant experience between the two cable networks.
I never heard of Robert Mercer before and will look him up. But is it so hard to admit that MSNBC's journalism is outrageous and even scandalous so now and then? Or are you so biased and prejudiced that you prefer to look the other way and distract with a counterexample?
As mentioned in my original post - I have no doubt that FoxNews does reveal information not favorable to democrats to which MSNBC is not telling their viewers. (The very reason I watch FN mostly their News division like Sheppard Smith & Chris Wallace)

My point was to highlight the disadvantages of relaying only on one source for true & reliable information. The advantages of watching all sides of the argument - then make up one's own judgment.

As for R. Mercer & his daughter? You do check him out and see how much influence he has on trump which is far more then even the Koch Brothers who spend an estimated $800M / year on various conservative groups around the country

Hombre

Post by Hombre »

After all - Words do lead to actions, and sometimes those words can lead to deadly consequences.

Case in point.
16 June 2015 - trump declares his candidacy to PoUS with this speech (Excerpts)
trump:
The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems.
Thank you. It’s true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.
2017-2019 - trump use of "Invasion" - calling innocent asylum seekers or undocumented immigrants from central America - "invaders coming into our country"

04 August 2019
El Paso suspect appears to have posted anti-immigrant screed.
DALLAS (AP) — About 20 minutes before the shooting started at an El Paso Walmart, a rambling screed was posted to an online message board saying the massacre was in response to an “invasion” of Hispanics coming across the southern border.

Titled “The Inconvenient Truth,” it railed against the dangers of mass immigration and warned that Hispanics will eventually take over the economy and government. The writer argued that attacking “low-security” targets was a way to “fight to reclaim my country from destruction.

Investigators increasingly believe these are the words of 21-year-old suspect Patrick Crusius, who surrendered shortly after Saturday’s rampage , and they are looking closely at the writing as they consider whether to prosecute the slaughter of 20 people and the wounding of 26 more as a hate crime .

“We have to attribute that manifesto directly to him,” El Paso Police Chief Greg Allen said
Sunday at a news conference. “And so we’re going down that road."
07 Aug 2019
Police: El Paso shooting suspect said he targeted Mexicans
EL PASO, Texas (AP) — The man accused of carrying out last weekend’s deadly mass shooting at a Walmart in the Texas border city of El Paso confessed to officers while he was surrendering and later explained that he had been targeting Mexicans, authorities say.

Patrick Crusius, 21, emerged with his hands up from a vehicle that was stopped at an intersection shortly after last Saturday’s attack and told officers, “I’m the shooter,” Detective Adrian Garcia said in an arrest warrant affidavit.

Crusius later waived his Miranda rights and agreed to speak with detectives, telling them he entered the store with an AK-47 assault rifle and multiple magazines, and that he was targeting Mexicans.

Ansar al-Zindiqi

Post by Ansar al-Zindiqi »

Hombre wrote:
Takeiteasynow wrote:
As mentioned in my original post - I have no doubt that FoxNews does reveal information not favorable to democrats to which MSNBC is not telling their viewers. (The very reason I watch FN mostly their News division like Sheppard Smith & Chris Wallace)

My point was to highlight the disadvantages of relaying only on one source for true & reliable information. The advantages of watching all sides of the argument - then make up one's own judgment.

As for R. Mercer & his daughter? You do check him out and see how much influence he has on trump which is far more then even the Koch Brothers who spend an estimated $800M / year on various conservative groups around the country
Panama Papers ICIJ Database - Connections Between Rob Mercer & Donald Trump's Offshore Accounts
On The Road To The Real RussiaGate - Robert Mercer's Dark Weapon RenTech
Don't be a believer but a heretic unto yourself.

antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

Hombre wrote:2017-2019 - trump use of "Invasion" - calling innocent asylum seekers or undocumented immigrants from central America - "invaders coming into our country"
Do you believe in open borders Hombre? Do you believe anybody and everybody who wishes to enter the USA should be free to do so?

That asked, I do think the way the USA has interfered in its "back yard" is a major contributor to the conditions in Latin America that have driven people to seek a better life in their northern neighbor. For instance, the rise of Latin American Marxist revolutionary movements like Castro's have resulted from the inability of its people to democratically elect parties that would enact land reforms and other redistributive policies, due greatly to malign intervention by the US plutocracy in support of their fellow rich people in Latin America.

antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

Trump's tirades against China are utter cant. He is part of the business class that in the 80s and 90s, like their UK counterparts, exported America's manufacturing to the far east where they could pollute and despoil the environment and pay workers peanuts the way they were no longer able to do in the US. These greedy b>astards were not concerned with the long-term interests of the American people. Many of the original outsourcers are now dead. All they cared about was lining their pockets there and then. The idea was that cheap Chinese-made goods sold through outlets like walmart would offset downward pressure on US/UK wages resulting from Reaganite/Thatcherite globalization. This worked for a while but the Chinese had other ideas than that they should in perpetuity make cheap goods for the US market. Innovation happens on the factory floor and China has rapidly moved into the research and development of hi-tech, high value goods, pulling the rug from under the USA in this area. Furthermore, the days of the dollar as the world's reserved currency are numbered. The Republican-voting, "USA USA"-chanting American blue collar worker, who "ain't seen nothin' yet" for being f>cked over backwards, brought this on himself. I believe it was Michael Moore's "Roger and Me" which showed some idiot of an American car worker whose job was about to be outsourced to Mexico getting a "pep talk" from Reagan about all the great opportunities that would be open to him when his factory had been closed down. This fool was mightily impressed with what Reagan had to say.

antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

It is quite easy to deal with Ilhan Omar's whinges about how "oppressed" Muslims are in the US without resorting to stuff like "send her back".
Remind her of Qur'an 4:97 which tells Muslims to emigrate from lands of "oppression" to somewhere more "free" like Somalia:

Surely (as for) those whom the angels cause to die while they are unjust to their souls, they shall say: In what state were you? They shall say: We were weak in the earth. They shall say: Was not Allah's earth spacious, so that you should have migrated therein?....

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Oke !!!! :clueless: Wishful thinking? We shall see.
Power Up: Trump may still be a historical underdog for reelection

TRUMP THE UNDERDOG?:

That's the gist of the argument that political prognosticator Charlie Cook puts forth in the 2020 Almanac of American Politics, the ultimate guide to American politics. We got a sneak peek of the tome, which will be out later this month, which tries to get its arms around the Trump phenomenon and whether it's an outlier or here to stay.

Cook, in the book's introduction, mildly debunks the growing fear among some Democrats and fellow pundits that Trump is favored to win reelection. Nevermind the Tom Friedman columns of the world, the bed-wetting over the Democratic Party's leftward lurch and the assumption that Trump's incumbency advantage is simply too great to overcome.

Cook argues that Trump has a number of structural and historical challenges that are “at least as great as those faced by any of those eight previous elected presidents seeking reelection in the post-World War II-era.”

Here they are:

1. The Hillary Factor: Cook points out the two major party nominees in 2016 — Trump and Hillary Clinton — had unparalleled unfavorable ratings. It's unlikely this scenario will repeat itself in 2020, regardless of who is the Democratic nominee next year.
  • “Americans were presented a choice between a Republican nominee with the highest unfavorable ratings in exit poll history at 60 percent, against a Democratic nominee with the highest unfavorable ratings, 54 percent, of any nominee of her party. And who might have guessed that among the 18 percent of voters who told exit pollsters that they had unfavorable views of both Clinton and Trump, that they would end up voting for Trump by a 17-point margin, 47 to 30 percent?” Cook writes.
2. Trump's approval ratings — or lack thereof: Trump's presidential job approval ratings “have trailed not just those of the six [incumbent presidents] who were successful, but in many ways, the two that didn’t win re-election," according to Cook. Trump's approval rating has not only been consistently low since taking office but his disapproval rating has also run exceedingly high and is backed by a signature intensity.
  • “In the two years of weekly Gallup tracking in 2017 and 2018 and monthly since the start of 2019, Trump has not only never had a job approval rating of 50 percent or higher, as every other president had, as of the end of May 2019 it had never exceeded 46 percent. He has averaged 40 percent since taking office, and his disapprovals consistently have run higher than his approvals, a situation pollsters refer to as 'upside down,' or 'underwater.'”

Trump's numbers are also relatively fixed: “When the news is good, Trump’s numbers move up very little, when the news is bad, they don’t go down much either,” Cook writes, signifying the high degree off ultra-partisanship that currently exists.
3. The electoral college: 2016 marked the first time in 140 years that a candidate won the popular vote by two points or more but lost the electoral college. It's unlikely that Trump will be able to repeat such a feat, Cook argues.
  • Looking back: “Just two of the 58 presidential elections have had a candidate win the popular vote by two or more percentage points, but lose the electoral college,” Cook writes.
4. Unforced errors: It's unlikely the eventual Democratic nominee will make the same mistakes fumbled by the Clinton campaign in the closing weeks of the 2016 campaign.
  • “Clinton was the first major party nominee since 1972 to not set foot in the state of Wisconsin, then unexpectedly lost the state by seven-tenths of a point.”
The Big 20 Percent Question: Cook's examination of national polling shows that roughly 35 percent of the vote is squarely in the Trump camp versus 45 percent of the vote that is solidly in the opposition corner.
  • “Trump could find a cure for both cancer and the common cold, ensure peace and tranquility for eternity and eliminate all unemployment and this 45 percent would remain militantly opposed,” per Cook.
This leaves 20 percent of the vote up for grabs, which means that in order to win the election “Trump would still need to win between two-thirds and three-quarters of that 20 percent to stay within three points of a Democrat, a pretty tall order,” Cook calculates.

This is no easy task for Trump: “While he has perfected the art of talking to his base of support, he seems unwilling or unable to reach or even talk to those beyond that base, those situated between his core support and the opposition camp. When U.S. unemployment hit a 49-year low in April 2019, Trump's approval rating barely moved.”

Still: Trump is the incumbent, the economy is in pretty good shape and there's a major Democratic fight underway that may or may not hurt that party in its efforts to oust the president from the White House. But Cook makes a pretty compelling case that history — which he notes reasserted itself with Democratic gains in the House in the 2018 midterms — shouldn't be overlooked as we gear up for the fight.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.

Hombre

Post by Hombre »

antineoETC wrote:Do you believe in open borders Hombre? Do you believe anybody and everybody who wishes to enter the USA should be free to do so?
No I don't. Nonetheless the fact that 8m out of the estimated 11.5m who came here w/o visa are employed here in US - That means their labor is needed here & is the only factor which keeps them here.They are vital to our economy. Therefore we need a sensible immigration policy.
Moreover, absolute majority of them come here to earn a decent living to feed their families with honer & dignity.
That asked, I do think the way the USA has interfered in its "back yard" is a major contributor to the conditions in Latin America that have driven people to seek a better life in their northern neighbor. For instance, the rise of Latin American Marxist revolutionary movements like Castro's have resulted from the inability of its people to democratically elect parties that would enact land reforms and other redistributive policies, due greatly to malign intervention by the US plutocracy in support of their fellow rich people in Latin America.
I agree - good point.