PRESIDENT TRUMP

Discuss world politics in relation to Islam and Muslims.
glitch
Posts: 920
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:18 pm

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by glitch »

Fernando wrote:The fact is, whether he's right or whether he's wrong, whether he's up to the job or not, he's facing a Herculean uphill struggle on a par with that of Sisyphus. He's got zero political experience, a very limited number of experienced staff and no established party backup. Imagine if NIgel Farage were to become Prime Minister tomorrow: he'd be under similar pressure but a little bit more preoared for it. They're in effect both leaders of fringe parties and in both countries fringe parties have the odds stacked against them, regardless of what the voters might wish for.
Funny, Obama seemed to get everything he wanted, Jammed it down the throats, and the media said nothing...

glitch
Posts: 920
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:18 pm

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by glitch »

Fernando wrote:It's always difficult to see whether someone is confused, lying or just playing with statistics without being able to get to the bottom of their claims - as seems to be the case here. One thing I think we can be sure of, though - Trump has either read (to learn how to do it) or not read (so not learned how not to do it) How To Lie With Statistics. by Darrell Huff, A copy should be given to every politician on election - with orders to learn how NOT to do it.
It's still in print and the currently highlighted review sums it up nicely
The book is about how numbers can be manipulated, by accident or design, to trick people into making false conclusions, and how to spot when you are being fed misleading numbers. In this day and age the ability to spot bad statistics is extremely important to everyone and can literally be a life-saver.

I was very surprised indeed to see that a previous reviewer had described this book as "not for everyone." I could not disagree more strongly.

If every voter read this book, fewer bad politicians would be elected on the basis of dishonest campaign statistics, if every consumer read it, fewer bad products would be sold on the basis of dishonest advertising statistics, and if every journalist read it there might be less harm done by scare stories based on bad statistics.

Despite the fact that this book was written many years ago, every single word in it is still very relevant today.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Lie-Statis ... statistics

Actually Fernando. Conservatives don't manipulate numbers. Liberals just don't care to check them. They are complicit in their viewpoints. They don't believe that conservatives should even speak they believe their way is right the rest of us be Damned. Just like when Obama said it was the right thing to do to bring Refugees here, and woudn't hear any other viewpoint and as far as i can tell people just went silent.

I'm still going over in my head how i was called a racist for the report on Sweden which said that Arab meen were out raping which turns out all along was true.

ringmaster
Posts: 1679
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:36 pm

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by ringmaster »

manfred wrote:Well, it would be embarrassing if she actually had gone through with it. She did ban Robert Spencer and Pamela Geller though, some years back, remember? And neither of them ever suggested anything like a ban of Muslims, as far as I know....

There is something I am confused about....if you look at the votes cast Clinton appears to have scored some 200000 or so MORE than Trump....

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/president" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So obviously there is a rather odd way the result is processed, perhaps similar to our "first past the post".... Would people not start complaining that Clinton has lost even though she go more votes?

The very fact that she did that demonstrates how pitifully servile the UK has become. When the powers that be start imposing sanctions, legal and otherwise, on people, for no other reason than what they say, then you have fascism. As far as I know, Spencer and Geller have never threatened anybody's life. A Muslim does that merely by being a Muslim (unless he says his god is wrong).

Sadly, Canada is going in the same direction as the UK too.
The prophet of Islam was nothing more than a common criminal.

Please tell me if this is accurate:

“I have fabricated things against God and have imputed to Him words which He has not spoken.”
~MUHAMMAD (Al-Tabari 6:111)

ringmaster
Posts: 1679
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:36 pm

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by ringmaster »

glitch wrote:
Fernando wrote:It's always difficult to see whether someone is confused, lying or just playing with statistics without being able to get to the bottom of their claims - as seems to be the case here. One thing I think we can be sure of, though - Trump has either read (to learn how to do it) or not read (so not learned how not to do it) How To Lie With Statistics. by Darrell Huff, A copy should be given to every politician on election - with orders to learn how NOT to do it.
It's still in print and the currently highlighted review sums it up nicely
The book is about how numbers can be manipulated, by accident or design, to trick people into making false conclusions, and how to spot when you are being fed misleading numbers. In this day and age the ability to spot bad statistics is extremely important to everyone and can literally be a life-saver.

I was very surprised indeed to see that a previous reviewer had described this book as "not for everyone." I could not disagree more strongly.

If every voter read this book, fewer bad politicians would be elected on the basis of dishonest campaign statistics, if every consumer read it, fewer bad products would be sold on the basis of dishonest advertising statistics, and if every journalist read it there might be less harm done by scare stories based on bad statistics.

Despite the fact that this book was written many years ago, every single word in it is still very relevant today.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Lie-Statis ... statistics

Actually Fernando. Conservatives don't manipulate numbers. Liberals just don't care to check them. They are complicit in their viewpoints. They don't believe that conservatives should even speak they believe their way is right the rest of us be Damned. Just like when Obama said it was the right thing to do to bring Refugees here, and woudn't hear any other viewpoint and as far as i can tell people just went silent.

I'm still going over in my head how i was called a racist for the report on Sweden which said that Arab meen were out raping which turns out all along was true.
The polls that have been consistently right over the last several elections all predicted a Trump victory. The Mainstream Media was just a noisy echo chamber.
The prophet of Islam was nothing more than a common criminal.

Please tell me if this is accurate:

“I have fabricated things against God and have imputed to Him words which He has not spoken.”
~MUHAMMAD (Al-Tabari 6:111)

glitch
Posts: 920
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:18 pm

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by glitch »

Hombre wrote:
ronyvo wrote:Congratulations America.
We still must pray for president Trump. The clean up process of 8 long years of corruption, treason, hate and division need very hard work, which is not strange for our president Trump.
Now, I can say president with pride.
WOW. This is fantastic news. Honestly I did not expect.

THANK YOU LORD.
Yes indeed, say "President" who run on division, trumpeting his race card. A man who lowered any remaining standard of decorum, and civility. A president who has been found a compulsive lair with Magellanic ego, with emotional intelligence & maturity of 13 year old.

What I find astounding is that, Obamacare was enacted to help low income to those low skill peoples like millions of those white people who voted for him. Allow them access to basic healthcare, with no per-condition to get insurance.

No longer live in fear they will lose everything - their entire life saving, even their homes, and go BK with a single catastrophic illness. Yet, these useful idiots followed Trump like sheep and voted for him - even against their own interest.
(btw. Increases in premium is affecting only 5% of those who have private insurance. Anyone else who gets their insurance through their employers, Medicare and VA see no effect at all.)

You can bet your cowboy boots that he won't fulfill even 5% of what he promised to those white gullible who voted for him.
"I am the only one who can fix it". My foot he can.
Funny, its been about 50 days and he has started or done everything he said he would. Secondly,he didn't divide anyone..as if Clinton united anyone.

As for Decorum, President Obama constantly placed the devisive race card and when he wanted to just let refugees in our country, he brooked no damn discussion of it,calling us cowards and saying we were on the wrong side of histroy... still from a supposed isreali in the middle of the hotbed of Isreal,where the Muslims turned down statehood 7 times... keep dreaming and watching innocent jewish people die because you just don't get it.

idesigner1
Posts: 630
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 4:26 pm

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by idesigner1 »

I desperately wanted to support Trump and wish he can implement all his plans to fight Islam.

In order to fight Islam one has to do few compromises.

Same I thought about Bush but he got bogged down in unnecessary war in Iraq. He had his own agenda to take revenge for his father.

Trump doesn't have any mental desciplinel to fight Islam or he can't stick to his goal. He can get easily distracted and **** whole thing.

glitch
Posts: 920
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:18 pm

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by glitch »

idesigner1 wrote:I desperately wanted to support Trump and wish he can implement all his plans to fight Islam.

In order to fight Islam one has to do few compromises.

Same I thought about Bush but he got bogged down in unnecessary war in Iraq. He had his own agenda to take revenge for his father.

Trump doesn't have any mental desciplinel to fight Islam or he can't stick to his goal. He can get easily distracted and **** whole thing.
Excuse me? he has a lot of mental discipline! he has been trying to vet dangerous terrorists,but judges keep ignoring the actual costitution...

He hasn't compromised on anything, the democrats are whiny bitches.

User avatar
Hombre
Posts: 3741
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:18 am

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Hombre »

glitch wrote:He hasn't compromised on anything, the democrats are whiny bitches.
It was NOT Democrates who derailed his HC repeal - It was members of his own party - the freedom coccus.

One of the bedrocks of democracy is - Compromise.
Trump? "Mental Discipline". You must be living in Boxnews world. He has no mental, nor sexual discipline. This guy is joke in the eye of international community.

He bull sh!t his way in his business (Trump University) - it worked for him.
He bull sh!t his way during the campaign - It worked for him to the WH.
Now he is trying to bull sh!t other bull shitters (members of congress).

As the saying goes - you can't bull sh!t a bull shitter. :lotpot:

glitch
Posts: 920
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:18 pm

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by glitch »

Hombre wrote:
glitch wrote:He hasn't compromised on anything, the democrats are whiny bitches.
It was NOT Democrates who derailed his HC repeal - It was members of his own party - the freedom coccus.

One of the bedrocks of democracy is - Compromise.
Trump? "Mental Discipline". You must be living in Boxnews world. He has no mental, nor sexual discipline. This guy is joke in the eye of international community.

He bull sh!t his way in his business (Trump University) - it worked for him.
He bull sh!t his way during the campaign - It worked for him to the WH.
Now he is trying to bull sh!t other bull shitters (members of congress).

As the saying goes - you can't bull sh!t a bull shitter. :lotpot:
Hombre, his executive order to vet immigration, was that wrong? activist judges ignored the consutution twice, Was that wrong? You can say yeah, if you want... that's all i nneed you to be clear on.

User avatar
Hombre
Posts: 3741
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:18 am

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Hombre »

glitch wrote:Hombre, his executive order to vet immigration, was that wrong? activist judges ignored the consutution twice, Was that wrong? You can say yeah, if you want... that's all i nneed you to be clear on.
For years uber-conservatives were yelling their lung - Obama's use of Executive Orders. Now their own golden boy has signed more EO in first month of his "presidency" then Obama did in all his 8 years in the WH.

As for "activist judges". Well I am sorry my good man, the fact that this ruling is not to your likings, it does not mean neither the judges nor the their ruling contradict the Constitution. On every one constitutional scholar which you bring to back up your claim. I am sure we can find 3 other Judges who would rule otherwise.

In my book SC judge Clearance Thomas is a classic ideological judge. We have yet see him rule in favor of liberals or the poor.

glitch
Posts: 920
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:18 pm

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by glitch »

Hombre wrote:
glitch wrote:Hombre, his executive order to vet immigration, was that wrong? activist judges ignored the consutution twice, Was that wrong? You can say yeah, if you want... that's all i nneed you to be clear on.
For years uber-conservatives were yelling their lung - Obama's use of Executive Orders. Now their own golden boy has signed more EO in first month of his "presidency" then Obama did in all his 8 years in the WH.

As for "activist judges". Well I am sorry my good man, the fact that this ruling is not to your likings, it does not mean neither the judges nor the their ruling contradict the Constitution. On every one constitutional scholar which you bring to back up your claim. I am sure we can find 3 other Judges who would rule otherwise.

In my book SC judge Clearance Thomas is a classic ideological judge. We have yet see him rule in favor of liberals or the poor.
So again, Hombre, whenthe Constituion actually says the President can temporarily halt immigration to the country and judges, ignore that. allyou can say is different people see things differently? get real.

Secondly Obama used an executive order for anything he wanted--you think the president is supposed to have Carte Blanche for anything he wants?

Then why didn't trump just shove healthcare downpeople's throats like Obama did?

User avatar
Hombre
Posts: 3741
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:18 am

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Hombre »

Here we go again!!!
glitch wrote:So again, Hombre, whenthe Constituion actually says the President can temporarily halt immigration to the country and judges, ignore that. allyou can say is different people see things differently? get real.
It refers to those uber-conservatives with little head - see the world in black & white. us vs. Them.
Secondly Obama used an executive order for anything he wanted--you think the president is supposed to have Carte Blanche for anything he wants?
Anyone who hears these words coming from leader of opposition party:
"Our single mission here is make Obama one-term president" (oppose anything & everything he does or proposes to do - regardless of consequences to constituencies) would do exactly as Obama did - ignore the rooster (Mitch McConnell) and do what is right for those who voted for him. Result, 21M more Americans no longer live with anxieties of one stroke away from losing everything they worked for all their lives.
Then why didn't trump just shove healthcare downpeople's throats like Obama did?
Because neither Trump nor Paul Ryan ever cared, nor care, for disadvantaged and low income people.

User avatar
Fernando
Posts: 4949
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:27 pm

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Fernando »

Looks like Trump's no different from his predecessors. He's reacted as they would to the recent Syria gassings: jumped in with both feet before the evidence is properly weighed up.
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah

User avatar
Fernando
Posts: 4949
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:27 pm

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Fernando »

So: Trump's gone where Obama feared to tread. Does that mean he's improved, or got worse?
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah

User avatar
Hombre
Posts: 3741
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:18 am

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Hombre »

Fernando wrote:Looks like Trump's no different from his predecessors. He's reacted as they would to the recent Syria gassings: jumped in with both feet before the evidence is properly weighed up.
Welcome to new world of hip shoot and gun boat diplomacy. La la land of imagery huff buff looking tough coming from our most "beloved" president (with 35% approval rating). shoot first - ask later.

Now lets wait & see Putin's next move - watching his surrogate bride (Syria) being attacked by Trump.

User avatar
Fernando
Posts: 4949
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:27 pm

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Fernando »

Well, come what may, it looks like Vlad's going to regret getting Donald elected.
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah

glitch
Posts: 920
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:18 pm

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by glitch »

Hombre wrote:Here we go again!!!
glitch wrote:So again, Hombre, whenthe Constituion actually says the President can temporarily halt immigration to the country and judges, ignore that. allyou can say is different people see things differently? get real.
It refers to those uber-conservatives with little head - see the world in black & white. us vs. Them.
Secondly Obama used an executive order for anything he wanted--you think the president is supposed to have Carte Blanche for anything he wants?
Anyone who hears these words coming from leader of opposition party:
"Our single mission here is make Obama one-term president" (oppose anything & everything he does or proposes to do - regardless of consequences to constituencies) would do exactly as Obama did - ignore the rooster (Mitch McConnell) and do what is right for those who voted for him. Result, 21M more Americans no longer live with anxieties of one stroke away from losing everything they worked for all their lives.
Then why didn't trump just shove healthcare downpeople's throats like Obama did?
Because neither Trump nor Paul Ryan ever cared, nor care, for disadvantaged and low income people.
Hey Hombre, you really didn't answer the question did you? Does the constitution say the president can temporarily halt immgration or not? How dishonest of you... all you did was make a penis joke. Aren't you ashamed of how you lied there? what difference is there bwtween you and Sam?

User avatar
Hombre
Posts: 3741
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:18 am

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Hombre »

glitch wrote:Hey Hombre, you really didn't answer the question did you? Does the constitution say the president can temporarily halt immgration or not? How dishonest of you... all you did was make a penis joke. Aren't you ashamed of how you lied there? what difference is there bwtween you and Sam?
I am not a constitutional scholar. For that we have judges to interpret the meaning & intent of that document.

One thing is clear in the Constitution "thou shall not discriminate anyone based on his / her religion". The fact Trump singled out residents from Islamic majority countries, was the bases which court threw his EO out onto to the garbage can.

Apparently for uber-conservatives, there are two version of constitution. One which they agree with, and one they don't.

I am not the only one who thinks Trump is a joke, who does not have - neither the qualities, nor the intelligence to be the President of US. If you bother to read other respected non-American publication, you would also see the fact - other nations see the same - Trump is a joke.

User avatar
Hombre
Posts: 3741
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:18 am

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Hombre »

Fernando wrote:Well, come what may, it looks like Vlad's going to regret getting Donald elected.
He may use same tools which helped elected Trump to get him impeached & thrown out of the whitehouse.

User avatar
Fernando
Posts: 4949
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:27 pm

Re: PRESIDENT TRUMP

Post by Fernando »

Hombre wrote:One thing is clear in the Constitution "thou shall not discriminate anyone based on his / her religion". The fact Trump singled out residents from Islamic majority countries, was the bases which court threw his EO out onto to the garbage can.
Regardless of whether it's Trump saying it, does the USA constitution apply to people outside the USA as well as citizens or residents? Would he have to allow undiscriminated access to Martians as well?
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Post Reply