Now that Brexit Succeeded...

Discuss world politics in relation to Islam and Muslims.
Fernando

Re: Now that Brexit Succeeded...

Post by Fernando »

Remember the immediately pre-Brexit murder of Jo Cox MP? Killed by a man with a psychiatric history?
Medical issues will not be considered in trial of man accused of murdering Labour MP Jo Cox
The legal team for Thomas Mair confirmed today he has been assessed by doctors and that medical evidence will not form part of the defence
If he'd been thought to be a Muslim, it would have been declared a result of mental illness before they even knew his name.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/me ... al-8868349
Expect a show trial.
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

An interesting article about the USA which has interesting implications for the UK and post-Brexit immigration. We have been constantly told that massive immigration is vital, not only because UK citizens are too idle to do manual work but too thick and uneducated to do technical jobs. Leaving aside for a moment who has done what to reduce UK education to such an apparently deplorable state, could other factors have been at work? Surely not!
Experts have shown that there’s actually a surplus of labor in the tech labor market and have explained that this the reason IT workers have not seen a pay raise since Bill Clinton’s administration. Despite these realities, Clinton chose to parrot the debunked talking point that there is a shortage of skilled laborers while addressing a conference of Silicon Valley employers in 2007. Clinton told the crowd that, if elected President, she would address the concerns of Silicon Valley CEOs, who want a larger pool of foreign workers.
With much more about the Clintons' love of outsourcing and globalisation. How can it be that a country of 350,000,000 people cannot organise self-sufficiency of skilled labour? Maybe because its establishment doesn't want to? Maybe the same applies to a country going on for 70,000,000 as well?
http://www.breitbart.com/2016-president ... -on-visas/
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah

manfred

Post by manfred »

Brexit is not about stopping all immigration, it is about giving our government at least some control over that issue, and thereby getting some democratic accountability over decisions that are made in that area.

This morning on TV we had another quite daft scare story about that... After Brexit, all care assistants in nursing homes for the elderly who are from the EU would be forcibly deported resulting in old people dying from neglect by their thousands on a daily basis, lying in their beds in their own excrement ... Apparently this is what the average Brexit voter wants to happen.

Ridiculous as it is, the BBC even ran that nonsense. All said and done, we want an immigration policy to discourage welfare shopping and we want employable people who try to integrate and speak English. People who found work and are settled here will not suddenly get kicked out.

And speaking of odd ways of reporting, here is another thing: when some neo-Nazi thugs attack some innocent Polish people it is obviously the fault of Brexit and EVERYBODY who even for a second thought they might vote for that.

But when some Muslim thugs blow something up.... they are mentally ill, lone wolf, bullied at school ....
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

I quite agree in general, Manfred. In the long term, though, I feel that the population of England (Scotland is a quite different kettle of fish in this case) is quite high enough and that any major mis-match between education and occupational requirements must, with a population approaching 70 million, be the fault of governments and their reactions to economics. After all, all those people who have been imported to fill jobs will eventually lead to an increase in the number of people needed to be imported to fill jobs who...

On the other hand, there has been a lot of scaremongering and a lot of generalisation from the behaviour of a few thugs. I know a worker from the EU who was panicking before the referendum about tales of deportation but happily was reassured before the vote. Now of course no such thing would happen unless in response to mass deportations by the Eurocrats.
Hopefully, also, the tales of Poles being attacked are not the tip of an iceberg but just due to the statistics of population and loutery. Poles are very well settled in this country and I'm sure there is no resentment against Poles in general.

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Fernando wrote:Remember the immediately pre-Brexit murder of Jo Cox MP? Killed by a man with a psychiatric history?
Medical issues will not be considered in trial of man accused of murdering Labour MP Jo Cox
The legal team for Thomas Mair confirmed today he has been assessed by doctors and that medical evidence will not form part of the defence
If he'd been thought to be a Muslim, it would have been declared a result of mental illness before they even knew his name.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/me ... al-8868349
Expect a show trial.
Talking of show trials, we've already had one. A has-been footballer, almost destroyed by alcoholism, has been performing on stage now that he can no longer do it on the field. At one of his performances, he made a poor joke that was deemed "racist" re one of his supporting staff. Now read on
Gazza’s 21st-century show trial should worry us all
Brendan O'Neill
Is it a crime now to tell rubbish jokes? The bizarre and frankly cruel treatment of Paul Gascoigne suggests it might be. Yesterday, at Dudley Magistrates Court, Gazza was found guilty of using ‘threatening or abusive words’ and fined £2,000. His crime was to say the following about a black security guard who had been assigned to look after him during his show An Evening With Gazza at Wolverhampton Civic Hall last year: ‘Can you smile please, because I can’t see you?’ Some people might find that funny; I, personally, don’t. But a court case? A criminal record? A fine? For cracking a joke? The precedent set by this case is terrifying.
<snip<
The horrendous nature of the Gazza case — once again, people: a man taken to court for telling a joke — is summed up in the judge’s arrogant comments. In his slamming of Gazza, District Judge Graham Wilkinson decreed ‘it is not acceptable to laugh words like this off as some form of joke’. Wait, what? Judges, agents of the state, now get to decide what people may laugh at? To determine what sort of jokes it’s acceptable to tell? How long before all comedians, or non-comedians like Gazza who are considering making a wisecrack or two in public, will have to submit their gags to a committee of moral guardians in advance of uttering them on stage? A country in which a judge can rule that certain forms of humour are ‘not acceptable’, and punish you for dabbling in them, is not a free country.
So: how many extra life sentences do you get if your murder is considered a politically incorrect one? http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/09/ga ... -worry-us/

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Remember the post-Brexit "hate crime" spike? Here it's debunked - and, more importantly, the "hate crime" industry exposed.
The great Brexit hate crime myth: How claims of an epidemic of race crimes since the referendum are simply false
A fully-loaded gravy train clattered into the Grange City Hotel in central London on Thursday morning, when around 50 smartly dressed men and women shuffled across deep-pile carpets into its air-conditioned conference centre.
The group — or rather their employers — had each paid between £359 and £575 to attend the day-long event.
Some of these people were civil servants, others charity workers and academics. A handful worked in the private sector, though rather more appear to be employed by the taxpayer, via local councils, British police forces, and the Crown Prosecution Service.
Capita shares a picture of the packed sixth annual Tackling Hate Crime Conference held on Thursday at the Grange City Hotel in central London where tickets cost between £359 and £575
Capita shares a picture of the packed sixth annual Tackling Hate Crime Conference held on Thursday at the Grange City Hotel in central London where tickets cost between £359 and £575
The event bringing this eclectic and well bankrolled crowd together was the sixth annual Tackling Hate Crime Conference — an expensive and painstakingly organised shindig staged each autumn by the £6.5 billion FTSE 100 corporation Capita.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4LCLlucZh

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

So the pound suddenly dropped 6%, probably due to some technical error by the money men, and only regained 2/3 of the drop a few minutes later.
Result: TV studies mobbed by pundits drooling at the possibility of the economy collapsing - and being egged on by the programme controllers.

I must say, by the way, that it's difficult to see exchange rates, anywhere, as being free from the machinations of international speculators - aka Harold Wilson's "gnomes of Zurich". I suppose avoidance of such would have been one possible benefit of the Euro, had it not actually proven a disaster. But I'd be the last to claim to understand such matters.

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Help! I'm nearly out of Marmite! :nono:
Not a problem for most out of the UK, who may not have noticed that the multinational Unilever - arch Remainers - have used the fall in the pound to increase their product prices by 10% across the boar, regardless of where they are made or where the ingredients have come from.
An easy accounting exercise maybe, but they've bitten off more than they can chew by including that national favourite - hardly anyone else eats it - MARMITE. Which is made exclusively in England from British ingredients and so unaffected by the value of the pound. Supermarket chain Tesco have refused to pay this across-the-board increase and Unilever have stopped deliveries of their entire range in retaliation. Marmite is rapidly vanishing from the shelves - and I need a new jar. Other supermarkets still sell it, but can I suffer to pay the extra 10%, or even give any money at all the the multinational thieves, I ask myself?
I've tried Meridian yeast extract, but it's not a patch of Marmite. Has anyone any experience of Vegemite, which I trust is still a sound Commonwealth product?
Anyway, it's to get out of the grips of globalist fiends like Unilever that I voted for Brexit, so I hope their profits take a massive pounding in reponse to their thievery.
PS: To make matters worse, Unilever only took over Marmite in 2000: nothing is sacred now.

manfred

Post by manfred »

Apparently there has been a "deal" to resolve this issue.... Strangely both sides are very coy in saying what it is. They probably agreed to the price hike and to split the profit between them.

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

manfred wrote:Apparently there has been a "deal" to resolve this issue.... Strangely both sides are very coy in saying what it is. They probably agreed to the price hike and to split the profit between them.
I heard that Tesco will, for now, be selling Marmite at the old price. I suspect they've agreed that Marmite and a few other main products that featured in the news will keep the old prices for a while, but all the rest will be quietly increased - perhaps by enough to make up the money "lost" on Marmite etc.
I'm not surprised that they've done a deal so quickly - it was a major pr disaster to lie about why they were ripping people off over such a prominent all-British product.
Incidentally, another - not so prominent now - famous British product that's affected isn't British any more. Pears' Soap is made in India. How's the pound doing against the rupee?

manfred

Post by manfred »

This is the thing....

They say they want to increase prices for things imported to the UK, but when they sell things made in the UK abroad, would unilever also reduce prices by the same amount? Of course not.

This is where their argument falls down. It is just a ploy to make some extra money by ripping off UK costumers. Unilever owns some 400 brand items commonly sold in UK supermarkets, and every time we go shopping we put money into their pockets. Solution: go to supermarkets like Lidl or Aldi or others and buy they own brands, and you get a reasonable price for stuff. Nestle and Unilever are basically middlemen who produce nothing themselves but only take a cut from the brands they own, which is why they cost more than the same quality item that is not a "brand". Take "Ben and Jerry" ... the bought that using aggressive tactics in 2000 or so, but added nothing at all to the product other than price rises.

Aldi sells a bottle of brandy for £8. In several taste tests it has been preferred over a French branded item costing over £300 a bottle.

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

I quite agree about Lidl and Aldi - on the rare occasions when we are able to shop there, we find their stuff very good. Also, on one of the newspaper web sites a poster who said he worked in a food factory said that they produced "own brand" goods that were not merely similar to the branded ones, but identical apart from the packaging.

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

An interesting point from Breitbart's account of Marmitegate:
Unilever, meanwhile, argues that as it trades in euros, every time the pound loses ground it loses money on all its products sold in the UK.
Hmmmm... trading in euros, eh? I wonder where they pay their taxes? Ireland? Luxembourg?
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/10 ... ng-prices/

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Is there a Dummies' Guide to exchange rates? I find I'm increasingly drawn to misquote Harold Wilson and speak of the "Gnomes of Brussels". Why does Brexit mean that the pound is worth less?
I saw over the weekend a programme in which an English cheesemaker was shown exporting his very popular Cheddar cheese to France. Exchange rates weren't mentioned, but just suppose for arithmetical purposes he could, in May, have sold 100kg of Cheddar to the French for enough Euros to buy and bring home 100kg of Brie.
Now, it would seem, the same deal would see him with only around 80kg of Brie. Why? Has Cheddar cheese suddenly become infested with Brexit-worms that damage the cheese? Or have the French suddenly started wrapping Brie in gold leaf?
Or is the whole thing a plot by globalists like Soros to talk down the pound for a while, buy pounds quietly for a few months, and then wax fat when they re-sell them after the value has risen again? Or are they simply happy to take a loss, just to punish the British by driving up the price of Brie and Marmite sandwiches and a cup of Typhoo tea?
Shurely we should be told!

manfred

Post by manfred »

I agree, it is remarkably difficult to find a plain English guide on how exchange rates are decided, and who makes such decisions. (Didn't Wilson speak of the "gnomes of Zurich"? The phrase conjures up an odd image of a "Gringott's" type banking institution where secretive little men make all kinds of decisions affecting other people's lives...

We even have computer programs making exchange rate decisions, often based on nothing more that casual pronouncements of politicians.The sudden drop in the pound a couple of weeks back was apparently caused by such a program....

I think much of it is in effect decided by speculators who buy and sell currency to make a profit. And these people seem to be reacting to the oddest things....

We have not actually left the EU yet, so it is difficult to see how something that will probably happen in a few years' time and which may have unpredictable results of the economy as yet should affect the exchange rate today. So, it is quite likely that the banking institutions use the exchange rate as a way to express their displeasure at the result of the referendum. The Bank of England's decision to use "quantitative easing" (=printing more money) also reduced the value of the pound.

A lower rate will help exports, but make imports more expensive. To stick with your cheese maker analogy... He effectively sells his Cheddar at a lower price, so of course he get less Brie in return, as the French manufacturer did not do the same. However, the lower price of cheddar may also mean more of the stuff is sold abroad.

After a while, the increase in price for imports will generate inflation in the UK, forcing price increases in the UK. If the hopefully temporary drop in value of the pound generates a stable increased export market, then as the pound recovers, our Cheddar maker may in the future earn more money than he does now.

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Brexit and Trump are harming our children
It says here, seemingly with a total lack of evidence - but who expects evidence, let alone balance, from the BBC these days?
Brexit and US election 'among anxious young's concerns'
The number of young people in the UK seeking help for anxiety has increased sharply, a children's charity has said.

The NSPCC's Childline counselled 11,706 young people for anxiety in 2015-16 - a 35% rise from the 8,642 in 2014-15.

Children as young as eight have contacted the charity, with girls seven times more likely to make contact for help about anxiety than boys, it said.

Issues raised ranged from personal and family problems to concerns about Brexit, the US election and Syrian war.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37818956

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Remoaners , bleating "democracy", provoke constitutional crisis. Gnomes of Brussels rejoice
The not-so-rearguard action by the anti-democratic anti-Brexit brigade have won a judicial review to the effect that the government cannot trigger Brexit without the approval of a vote in parliament. This, they claim, is only "democratic". Funny that - I thought democracy was about the will of the people, not the Establishement.
The government is in turmoil, and looks like calling an unprecedented sitting of the entire Supreme Court in the hope of overturning the ruling. Heaven alone knows what will happen if they fail - I can't see Parliament ending up with a majority of Brexit MPs if it comes to an election.
Nigel Farage, where are you when we need you?
Pound spikes above $1.24 after High Court rules government cannot trigger Article 50 without parliamentary approval
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/201 ... d-bank-of/
Of course, that this has come about may well be down to a booby-trap left, ISIS-like, by the Cameroons in the drafting of the referendum bill.

pr126

Post by pr126 »

No surprises here.
Islam: an idea to kill and die for.

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

An interesting snippet from a Breitbart report on the demands likely to by made by India when May tries to drum up a trade deal. One of the reasons, it is claimed, that British industry needs so many immigrants is that there's a severe shortage of technically qualified people in the UK. This applies, it's claimed, especially to IT, where firms have to import thousands of brilliant Indian experts to fill the gap. To do this, the Indian companies featuring large in the IT industry need an exemption to immigration rules called an Intra-Company Transfer. Well, maybe we all knew that but did we know this?
Nearly 90 per cent of all ICTs are to Indian workers in the field of IT, while the unemployment rate of UK graduates in computer science is higher than in any other field.
Not surprisingly, it also turns out that these Indian workers are paid much nearer Indian rates of pay than the typical UK rates those unemployed graduates would have had to be paid.
Sure, we need all those immigrant workers - like holes in our pockets!
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/11 ... tion-laws/

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.