Now that Brexit Succeeded...

Discuss world politics in relation to Islam and Muslims.
manfred

Re: Now that Brexit Succeeded...

Post by manfred »

The usual racist rants do not deserve a response. However this does:

She responded with a firm “Yes”
If you have any kind of weapon and you categorically rule out ever using it, would it still be a weapon at all? What would be the point of having it?

The Pakistanis have nuclear weapons. Of course they are prepared to use them. But of course that is different because they are Muslims.

Yes, the world would be a better place without these wretched things. But for now, the only way we can stop others using them is telling them that we will retaliate in kind. "We have them but would never use them" is plainly an idiotic position to hold.
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

SAM wrote:British Prime Minister Theresa May says she would be ready to allow a nuclear strike that can result in the deaths of 100,000 people. :yuk:
Mohammed and his successors managed to kill far more than that with just iron-age weapons. AND without being attacked first.
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah

manfred

Post by manfred »

Looking at the latest noises from our government, I am not sure we will have any kind of exit from the EU at all...

Article 50 was meant to be invoked "immediately" we were first told, then "by the end of the year", then "early in 2017" and now it is "some time next year"....

By the time she has coffee and croissants with Hollande in Paris, it will probably be "at some point in the future"... and by Christmas is will be as good as swept under the carpet.

I an seriously starting to smell a rat...

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

manfred wrote:
I hope not, but I am thinking of our referendum , and we all know how that worked out.

BTW. International Monetary Fund originally predicted post-Brexit recession, but has now announced that economy set to grow by 1.7% this year
The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Idiots. :ohmy: 40,000 lodge complaint with police accusing Farage and Leave.EU campaign of inciting racial and religious hatred
Nearly 40,000 people have lodged a complaint with the police alleging that Nigel Farage incited racial and religious hatred during the European Union referendum campaign.

A statement signed by over 39,800 people alleging the offence, was handed into officers at Kentish Town police station at 12.30pm on 20 July 2016. The alleged crime was issued with a reference number by police.

Figures released by the National Police Chiefs’ Council earlier this month show a 42 per cent spike in race and religious hate crimes during and in the wake of the EU referendum campaign.

Ukip leader Mr Farage faced criticism during the course of the campaign after he made a number of public statements and unveiled a controversial poster that attracted significant criticism.

The so-called “Breaking Point” poster, unveiled by Mr Farage on the morning of 16 June, depicted Syrian refugees crossing a border in central Europe, thousands of miles from the UK. Critics noted that it only depicted ethnic minorities and that its text appeared to equate the EU with immigration from the Middle East.

Campaign rhetoric referenced in the police complaint include such reported statements by Mr Farage as:

“I think its legitimate to say that if people feel we have lost control of our borders completely, and we have lost control of our borders completely as members of the European union, and if people feel that voting doesn’t change anything, then violence is the next step.”
“When Isil say they will use the migrant tide to flood Europe with 500,000 of their own jihadists, I think we better listen.”
“If you allow the unlimited access to huge number of young males into the European continent, who come from countries where women are at best, second-class citizens, don’t be surprised if scenes that we saw in Cologne don’t happen more often.”
Incidents of hate crimes reported on social media since the reported hate crime surge began tend to involve members of the public telling people speaking foreign languages – or simply people who are not white – to “leave” or “go home”.

Others involve racist anti-immigrant graffiti, such as that daubed on the Polish cultural centre in Hammersmith, west London.

Zack Newman, who created the petition on Change.org in response to the Leave.EU ‘Breaking Point’ poster said: “We need to send a clear signal that in all political campaigns and public life, racism and religious intolerance cannot be used to attract support.”

One petitioner, Angie Porter, said that in her opinion, Mr Farage is personally responsible for stirring up anti-immigrant sentiment (aimed not just at EU migrants all migrants), and that he did so in the pursuit of his own political goals.

She added: “A swift and serious response to this dangerous and unacceptable behaviour is the only way for the UK to demonstrate that racist politics will not be tolerated.”

The Independent has contacted Ukip and Leave.EU for comment on this story.
The so-called “Breaking Point” poster, unveiled by Mr Farage on the morning of 16 June, depicted Syrian refugees ???????? crossing a border in central Europe, thousands of miles from the UK.
:roll: And some jihadi's , and some boys from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Morocco , etcetera, etcetera..

pr126

Post by pr126 »

What better way than to accuse one of tought crime.
Branded a heretic by the good people of the system.

1984 is here.

As for Brexit,I have my doubts.
Islam: an idea to kill and die for.

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Ariel wrote:Idiots. :ohmy: 40,000 lodge complaint with police accusing Farage and Leave.EU campaign of inciting racial and religious hatred[/url][/b]
These things have become meaningless: it just shows that the Internet can be used to muster gangs of people to jump on a bandwaggon. And they won't have had to pay them to sign up, unlike many of the 25-pounders getting money to join the Labour party. (Which Corbyn was driven into denouncing tonight.)
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah

manfred

Post by manfred »

manfred earlier wrote:
By the time she has coffee and croissants with Hollande in Paris, it will probably be "at some point in the future"... and by Christmas is will be as good as swept under the carpet.

And now we read in the Financial Times:
British diplomats concede that serious Brexit negotiations will not start until after the German general election in the autumn of 2017, although preliminary work could begin earlier. Mrs May said the UK was in no rush to launch the two-year process of leaving the EU, saying that although “this would not please everyone”, it was important there was “clarity” on the UK’s approach.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/027ea0a0-4f57 ... z4F7bcLBgu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Just an aside, really, but...
Here is an example of what the EU has been doing, that I noticed in a Breibart article. The UK Royal College of Surgeons has asked that post-Brexit there should be stiffer language tests for foreign doctors (I think that there are, supposedly, stiffer ones for non EU medics). Apparently the EU will only allow a test to make sure they can handle "informal" English but forbids any test of their ability to use "technical" language essential to their profession. So while they must be able to say "don't worry love, it's just a little jab", no worries if they can't communicate to the nurse or pharmacy exactly what has to be injected. Or for that matter, understand the instructions for the injection anyway.
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/07 ... ll-enough/
Incidentally, I often find the main problem understanding foreigners is not usually their command of English but their accent. Being a bit hard of hearing, it's often quite clear that they're using the correct words, I just can't make out what those words are. :( The BBC World Service can be a nightmare if they're interviewing someone abroad over Skype or some such and BBC TV is very reluctant to add subtitles of add a voice-over, especially if they're interviewing someone they deem "important". Of course, if it's someone like Marine Le Pen, they simply send an interviewer who can speak French and offer no translation at all :sml:

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

Fernando wrote:Incidentally, I often find the main problem understanding foreigners is not usually their command of English but their accent. Being a bit hard of hearing, it's often quite clear that they're using the correct words, I just can't make out what those words are. :(
I have read an old forummer say that once when he heard the hard Indian accent on the call center,he immediately recognised him as a foreigner and had put down the phone.

When I was in my first year engineering,our English teacher taught us phonetics , the memorisation of which along with the phonetical pronunciation mentioned in the complete oxford dictionary will make one master of foreign accent.Back then I didn't have the idea of emigration and I also was obsessed with drinking the wine of music,hence I did not pay much attention to what she was teaching(incidentally I practiced abstinence from sexual fantasies for the whole year back then as I believed that would increase my pious merit as had been described in case of Hindu sages).

These phonetics are originally from the Semitic Phoenicians who possibly were the first to understand Malthus theory and hence practiced human sacrifice as a form of birth control.The Romans who demonised them as baby killers before conquering them adapted these Phonetics from them as they were of immense use to preserve trade transaction records.

Perhaps countries which want to sent huge number of immigrants to the English speaking countries/who service a huge number of foreign clients should prioritise teaching of phonetics instead of abcds right from elementary level and should handover Oxford dictionaries to their meritorious wards so that much needed remittance money can be earned from these rich nations.
palli or halli in Dravidian languages means a village just like gaav in Aryan languages means a village.palli or halli in Aryan Mauryan Imperial era around 200 B.C designates a tribal hamlet.So many of those in South India are indeed descendants of tribals and are still keeping up that heritage.

Equestrian

Post by Equestrian »

UK Govt: Top Muslim Brotherhood Islamists CAN Get Asylum In Britain

Britain's finest are at it again. The IAGCI -- comprised of anthropologist academics (a virtually useless field of study) -- consider the Muslim Brotherhood to be a persecuted group.

Wow, look at all these doctors, they must be really really smart. This government department is ran by a bunch of Marxist "Intellectuals". Why are tax payers funding a government department that serves only to destroy British culture?

The IAGCI is chaired by Dr Laura Hammond.

Membership

Membership of the IAGCI is at the invitation of the Chief Inspector and is made up of individuals and organisations operating in the country information and / or the refugee fields.

Independent members

Dr Laura Hammond (Chair) – School of Oriental and Africa Studies (SOAS)
Dr Ceri Oeppen – University of Sussex
Dr Elena Fiddian-Qasmiyeh – University College London (UCL)
Dr Mike Collyer – University of Sussex
Dr Patricia Daley – University of Oxford
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" ~Carl Sagan

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

The boss of that committee is from SOAS?
With the recent explosion of dissent in the Middle East one interesting side affect has been the unveiling of the numerous Western universities receiving funding from autocratic regimes in that region.

In the past week my organisation, Student Rights, and I released a report detailing the financial and academic links that have interwoven the Saudi Arabian government with the School for Oriental and African Studies. The Saudi Royal Family and other organisations closely linked to them have donated £755,000 over four years and have forged strong links with the Islamic Studies department at the university.

In addition, the management at SOAS has been lavished with gifts including, for example, a crystal sculpture of an eagle. And in addition to that rather tasteless piece of decadence, a “set of cufflinks made of Quarter silver Riyals from Arts of Heritage, Saudi Arabia. By way of extraordinary coincidence, SOAS announced in May 2011 a new Research Fellowship with the Art of Heritage.

It has also been discovered that Yusuf al-Qaradawi, a Muslim cleric who has endorsed suicide bombings and the murder of pregnant women, is on the advisory board of the Journal of Quranic Studies produced by the university.
http://www.thecommentator.com/article/2 ... audi_links
I doubt SOAS is what it was in John Wansbrough and Patricia Crone's day.

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

BBC Brexit Week
BBC TV has declared that it is having a "Brexit Week" with much programming centred on the subject.
It got off to a good start this morning, banging on endlessly about Theresa May's remark that an Australian points system may not be adequate to keep immigrant numbers down. On The Daily Politics and News at One they wheeled in Labour star Chuka Umunna to...agree with her! He said that in Australia it was designed to and succeeded in increasing immigration. So although the BBC is, with great glee, casting it as a betrayal of Brexit, it could (admittedly with fingers crossed) equally be seen as a determination to do the job properly.
Then they visited Bradford, interviewing largely people of immigrant origins who unsurprisingly would have preferred Remain. Much worse was a vile calumny: they found a chap with a Polish-sounding name who had been working here for three years who said he wouldn't have decided to come here post-Brexit, for fear of violence. This shamefully misrepresents the people of Bradford who have lived with a well-integrated thriving Polish population since WWII, as is the case with the rest of the old West Riding of Yorkshire. How many vox pops, I wonder, did they discard before they found that gem?
Then their trip to Bradford took them not just out of West Yorkshire but into South Yorkshire to Sheffield, where they interviews Czech people and Czech Roma support workers who spoke of people being terrified of being deported, along with their families, at a moment's notice.
Good on ya, BBC.

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

The BBC is stepping up their campaign: now they're invoking Churchill to urge a reversal of Brexit.
Winston Spencer Churchill, most renowned of course as the MP for Dundee, had a word or two to say about democracy.
One of his comments concerned the issue of a five minute conversation with the average voter - but it is far too blunt and forthright for me to use here.
However, he also noted that democracy was the worst form of government - except for all the others. In essence, deal with it.
Our elected tribunes, including the prime minister and first minister, are now dealing, variously, with the consequences of the expression of democracy which was the plebiscite on British membership of the European Union.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... s-37277621
That they've called on their Scottish branch to produce this article rather suggests that they would, also, quite like a reversal of that other referendum.

pr126

Post by pr126 »

Not so fast.

Brexit Means Brexit – How To Tell A Big Lie And Get Away With It
Let’s get one thing clear before we start: Brexit is never, ever, never, ever, never in a month of Sundays going to happen. If you believe otherwise you’re an easily duped, hard of thinking cretin who lives in a fantasy world where politicians are honourable and the will of the people expressed through the ballot box is paramount in a democracy.
I agree with this article. Not going to happen.
Islam: an idea to kill and die for.

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Can anyone explain this, please? It relates to the possible replacement of EU immigrants with 3rd-worlders.
The Telegraph has an article predicting that the eventual deal with the EU will mean using work permits as the only way of keeping EU migration down. Fair enough. However, they then go on to say that this already applies to non-EU migrants and
At present Britain accepts 20,700 non-EU migrants every year who must have graduate-level jobs earning over £30,000 a year, with applicants prioritised according to set criteria that favour those on higher salaries, with high levels of education or working in designated ‘shortage’ occupations.
Yet they also put the annual non-EU immigration at 227,000 per year - ten times that number. How can this be right? Would the same apply to EU migration and leave it unchanged? Shurely shome mishtake?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09 ... brexit-as/

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

The latest threat from the Eurocrats is the the British will need visas to enter the EU once Brexit is effected. This, supposedly, is on grounds of "security". A bit of a joke, since Merkel and Junkers and Tusk will have flooed the EU with visa-free Turks - real and imaginary - by then!

manfred

Post by manfred »

Fernando wrote:The latest threat from the Eurocrats is the the British will need visas to enter the EU once Brexit is effected. This, supposedly, is on grounds of "security". A bit of a joke, since Merkel and Junkers and Tusk will have flooed the EU with visa-free Turks - real and imaginary - by then!

Yes I read that and thought it was too stupid to be true, but nothing surprises me any more. If, as they say, they introduce a fee to travel to the Schengen Area for everybody, I wonder if they have thought of the consequences... Obviously the UK will retaliate and introduce a similar fee for EU citizens, and every other country affected will do the same.

So if you have a German or French Passport, for example, you suddenly find you cannot go anywhere without a visa, as if you had a Pakistani passport. I am sure that will be very popular....

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

I feel ashamed to be part of the EU. :yuk: British will need visas , and the Turks can travel free. Can you explain this to normal thinking people? I don't think so.

The so called leaders of the EU are a couple of rancorous pieces of sh!t.

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

...we have to embrace halal meat.
In a vague unfocussed article, this university lecturer rants about the long-standing anti-immigration, anti-semitic, "islamophobic" attitudes of the British - by implication now personified by Brexiteers. This is currently manifested by the increasing opposition to un-stunned ritual slaughter.
The one sensible thing in the piece is a rather vague suggestion that meat produced in this manner be labelled, in the interest of "transparency" (no mention of it being, in theory at least, a legal necessity.) It would, he says, make Muslims more confident in their purchases. No mention, either, that much of the opposition to labelling comes from that quarter, and that if they really wanted it a law would be enacted almost overnight.
Anyway, I think what he's trying to say is that the Brexiters are now going to get their come-uppance, because with the need to expand world trade outside the EU, the UK is going to have to go after the international halal food market. So there!
The (sick) joke is this: we must do that to benefit from trade with the Muslim world, whose population will increase from 1.6 billion to 2.2 billion by 2030? Why is this a joke? Because this character is a Senior Lecturer in Sustainability.
His research interests revolve around international migration and sustainable food systems. He is increasingly interested in the relationship between religion, migration and food; and in political ecologies of meat.
Shouldn't he be researching how the population can be sustained through reducing it, or at least keeping it stable, so that less, or at least no more food is needed, rather than encouraging a primitive cruel ritual?
http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/religionpublicsp ... t-britain/