News from The Netherlands

Discuss world politics in relation to Islam and Muslims.
Fernando

Re: News from The Netherlands

Post by Fernando »

It looks as though your police are as wedded to political correctness - or just plain politicised - as in the UK.
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Idiot. :nono: Angela Kempeners is a Dutch woman who converted to islam. They are the worst....
Niqab woman removed from Dutch bus says she feels discriminated “like a black person in the USA”

36-year-old Angela Kempeners is the first niqab-wearing woman to be put off public transport since the Netherlands implemented its burka ban on August 1st.

Earlier this week an Arriva bus driver in Stein asked her to get off the bus. She refused and the bus driver called the police. Twenty minutes later, a police officer arrived and asked her to go. Which she did.

Arriva said the incident was “not in accordance with the guidelines” – Arriva instructed its employees not to enforce the ban.

According to the public transit company’s guidelines, drivers must always focus on de-escalation and must not stop the vehicle or disrupt the schedule.

Despite the ban, travelers with a valid ticket can not be forced to leave the vehicle because the company has a duty to offer transport, Arriva said in its guidelines, according to Trouw.

Angela converted to Islam ten years ago and started wearing a niqab as a symbol of her religion, according to De Limburger. “I decided to myself”, she said to the newspaper.

She says that she regularly travels by bus, but this was the first time she was asked to get off. She was in Stein for a new job that day. Despite the incident, she will continue taking the bus. “I now have to take the bus every day and have no alternative, it is a 20 minute ride.”

When Angela took the bus again the next day, she came across the same driver in Stein. The driver again called the police, but this time they did not respond, according to De Limburger.

Arriva confirmed that they discussed the matter with the bus driver in question, but would say nothing further.

Angela said that she is shaken by the event. “I felt just like a black person in the United States. This really hit me”, she told Trouw.

The law bans face-covering clothing in government buildings, public transport, health care institutions, and education institutions.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Of course she feels like a black person. Only by "identifying" as black can she subsequently claim "racism" and get in line for compensation. Allah's shade card comes with many blessings.
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

This is normal in Amsterdam. You leave your house for a few weeks, and when you come back it can be occupied by asylum seekers. They belong to the group WeAreHere. And the police can do nothing.
Amsterdam business owner returns from holiday to find his property occupied by 40 squatting ‘asylum seekers’

A business owner in Amsterdam came back from holiday to find his property occupied by 40 asylum seekers who refused to leave when he told them it was his property. In fact, they told the man it was he who should leave.

Last week, Dutch entrepreneur Salih Ozcan had just come back from vacation when he discovered squatters living in his business’s location in Westpoort, Amsterdam’s TV station AT5 reports.

Earlier this year in January, Ozcan’s says he had to evict the previous tenant of the building for using the space as a weed factory. Ozcan has since refurbished the site and says he plans to use it for his car company.

Ozcan was stunned to see that the place had been completely trashed by the 40 failed asylum seekers who had been squatting there.

While telling reporters about the heaps of trash at the front entrance, Ozcan said, “This is crazy for words. Only rats and mice home here.”

Video from the scene caught by AT5 shows angry African migrants aggressively confronting Ozcan along with the TV station’s camera crew. Ironically, the migrants threatened to phone the police if Ozcan – the owner of the property – and the TV crew didn’t leave immediately.

“Do I have to leave my own building?” Ozcan asked with horror. Eventually, he gave up and left the building’s premises before the police got involved.

“It’s a very bad feeling. I have no words for it at all,” Ozcan said, adding “I can understand those people somewhat, but they don’t understand me at all. Unbelievable. That this is possible in such a country.”

Local police stated that they couldn’t respond specifically to the case just yet, but that would not be dealing with the problem as if it was urgent.

Generally, owners of buildings which are being squatted in must wait six weeks before evacuation procedures can begin.

Fortunately, the migrant squatters were removed from Ozcan’s property on Thursday, because the Fire Department said it was to dangerous.
When they left, the building was a mess.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Netherlands: Incidents involving hand grenades have increased dramatically

According to new reports, the number of incidents involving hand grenades has exploded during the last year and a half in the Netherlands.

Researchers at Leiden University have found that more incidents and crimes involving grenades have occurred in the past 18 months than in the previous 10 years combined. Nearly a third of the incidents occurred in Amsterdam, RTL Nieuws reports.

“In the past 11 years, there were a total of 117 incidents with illegal hand grenades in the Netherlands, according to the researchers. More than half of them happened in 2018 and the first months of 2019,” the NL Times reports.

“In 21 of the cases, a person was threatened or attacked with a grenade. Nine people were injured, some of them seriously. So far, no one has been killed. Suspects were arrested in only 20 percent of cases.”

Researcher and criminologist Marieke Liem told NL Times that it has been mostly due to luck that only nine people have been injured thus far.

“For example, we also see a huge increase in hand grenade violence in Sweden, and there were deaths there. Including bystanders. If the trend continues, you could expect that there will also be fatal casualties here,” Liem said.

Although there are suspicions that hand grenades are used as a way to extort or intimidate people, researchers say police records indicate very little about the motives for using them.

“Two-thirds of the grenade incidents targeted a business. Many businesses were closed by their municipality after grenades were found tied to their door or left on the street in front of them, sometimes resulting in bankruptcy.”

According to former Amsterdam police chief Pieter Jaap Aalbersberg, grenades can cheap and easily available on the black market. Aalsbersberg said that they can be purchased for as little as five euros apiece.

Amsterdam police recently put together a task force to combat the growing problem. Their comprehensive strategy to deal with the problem will be presented next June. Until then, authorities have installed cameras and have increased patrols. Additionally, an Amsterdam court ruled earlier this month to impose stiffer penalties on those who are caught leaving grenades on the street.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Dutch Minister of Justice: “The Netherlands is becoming a narco-state”

Following the release of a report on organized crime in Amsterdam, Ferd Grapperhaus, the country’s Minister of Justice and Security said that drug-related crime must be dealt with or the Netherlands risks becoming a “narco-state”.

According to a report from Algemeen Dagblad, the drug economy in Amsterdam, which serves as the center for the multi billionaire euro cocaine trade, has become utterly unmanageable. Police officers worry that the battle against the world of organized drug crime has been lost.

Although the Netherlands lacks the public resources to strengthen the police force, Grapperhaus said that he’s currently searching for ways to allocate funds to combat the problem because if nothing is done then soon the country risks devolving into a narco-state, De Telegraaf reports.

“Then there would be a minister with sunglasses and no longer someone who provides democratic accountability,” said Minister Grapperhaus.

“I have already made 100 million available to combat the problem,” he added.

According to Grapperhaus, the kind of crime where the upper and the underworld get mixed up must be stopped.

“It’s nice to watch the Godfather with a beer and a bowl of popcorn, but it’s not nice to experience this in your own city,” he said.

Despite the widespread nature of the problem, Grapperhaus doesn’t believe that it’s unsolvable. “No matter how nasty it is… I have every confidence in the Amsterdam city council,” he said.

“Together with the Minister of Finance, I have developed an approach to take away criminal money, additional investments have already been made in the police and further investments must be made in the near future. We can really make some short hits, ” the minister continued..

While speaking about the country’s drug problem, Amsterdam’s Mayor Femke Halsema said, “Tackling the drug economy and the crime that accompanies it requires endurance, joint dedication and long-term effort.”

antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

Sorry, wasn't "liberalizing" drug laws like Holland did supposed to solve the problem of organized crime involvement drug dealing?
It is in the nature of wasp nests that some of their inhabitants are bound to sting someone. The closer you are to are to a wasp nest the more likely you are to get stung, sometimes fatally. Who would encourage wasps to establish a nest in their house?

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

antineoETC wrote:Sorry, wasn't "liberalizing" drug laws like Holland did supposed to solve the problem of organized crime involvement drug dealing?
:*) Sure. It was an experience that went wrong.

But to be honest...It was cannabis products such as hashish and marijuana they wanted to legalize.

Now we are talking about dangerous drugs. Hard drugs as cocaine, LSD, morphine, heroin are forbidden in the Netherlands as in any other country.

There is a bignetwork of young Dutch-Moroccan criminals in The Netherlands.. Not dozens but hundreds of youths are in this web of drug dealers, gunmen, executers and facilitators. This group is tied to a lot of executions and several extremely violent robberies. The vendettas and feuds in this group of organized criminals is called the Maroc (or Mocro) War.

Amsterdam is at this moment the drug city of Holland, and the extreem left wing city ​​administration has been far too lenient.

antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

Ariel wrote:But to be honest...It was cannabis products such as hashish and marijuana they wanted to legalize. Now we are talking about dangerous drugs..
Isn't there mounting evidence that even the "nicest" varieties of marijuana aren't entirely safe?
It is in the nature of wasp nests that some of their inhabitants are bound to sting someone. The closer you are to are to a wasp nest the more likely you are to get stung, sometimes fatally. Who would encourage wasps to establish a nest in their house?

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

antineoETC wrote:
Ariel wrote:But to be honest...It was cannabis products such as hashish and marijuana they wanted to legalize. Now we are talking about dangerous drugs..
Isn't there mounting evidence that even the "nicest" varieties of marijuana aren't entirely safe?
Medical cannabis, or medical marijuana (MMJ), is cannabis and cannabinoids that are prescribed by physicians for their patients.

Many patients find cannabis calms their symptoms, eases pain and reduces the side-effects of other medication.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Afghan migrant who stabbed two American tourists claims he came to the Netherlands “to protect the Prophet Mohammed”

An Afghan migrant suspected of stabbing two US tourists last year in Amsterdam told a court that he had traveled to the Netherlands ‘to protect the Prophet Mohammed’. Despite the man’s claims, the reason for the attack remains unknown.

As a result of the senseless stabbing, two men were left wounded while one of the men ended up in a wheelchair due to the injuries that he sustained, the Daily Mail reports.

Jawed Santani, a 20-year old Afghan ‘asylum seeker’, recently appeared at a court hearing in Dutch capital where he faced charges of attempted murder with the aim of committing an act of terror.

While in court, Santani told judges, “I came to the Netherlands to protect my prophet,” while adding that he wanted to “kill unfair and cruel people”, who “make it possible for the prophet to be insulted.”

“I wanted to defend my religion and make it clear that my religion should be left alone. If you don’t do that, you should be prepared for these kinds of actions,” he said.

After being asked what he planned to achieve with the stabbings, he told the court, “’I wanted to defend my religion and make it clear that my religion should be left alone.

As a result of the brutal and senseless stabbing, which occurred on August 31st, 2018, one of the victims had his spinal cord badly damaged and is now restricted to a wheelchair.

“Due to nerve damage this man still has very little as well as and tingling feeling in his arm,” the ANP reported.

After carrying out the attack, the Afghan migrant was shot by police officers who were responding to the incident. Santini was then taken into custody.

Stabbing attacks are on the rise across Europe. Just last weekend, a 19-year-old man was killed while nine others were injured after a military-aged Afghan migrant wielding a skewer and a knife went on a stabbing rampage in the Lyon, France.

In the German federal state of North Rhine-Westphalia, the state’s Interior Ministry just released data whixh revealed that during the first half of 2019, nearly 40 percent of all knife attacks that occurred were carried out by migrants.

Knife crime has also increased drastically in the UK. Yesterday, two men were hospitalized following a knife attack at London’s Elephant and Castle tube station on Sunday night.

antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

Ariel wrote:Medical cannabis, or medical marijuana (MMJ), is cannabis and cannabinoids that are prescribed by physicians for their patients.
There is plenty of stuff that is prescribed that isn't safe. However, people who use "safe" marijuana aren't generally prescribed it. I am afraid the "Marijuana is perfeclty safe" mantra is the druggie version of "Islam is a religion of peace".
Many patients find cannabis calms their symptoms, eases pain and reduces the side-effects of other medication.
Anecdotal evidence.

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

IIRC, Portugal has decriminalised stronger drugs than cannabis. Do they have the same crime problem as the Netherlands, or has it worked for them?

antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

Fernando wrote:IIRC, Portugal has decriminalised stronger drugs than cannabis. Do they have the same crime problem as the Netherlands, or has it worked for them?
I don't know. Has it?

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

antineoETC wrote:
Fernando wrote:IIRC, Portugal has decriminalised stronger drugs than cannabis. Do they have the same crime problem as the Netherlands, or has it worked for them?
I don't know. Has it?
Not that I know of. Perhaps Muslims has got something to do with it?
In Portugal there are not so many Muslims as in Holland and other Western Europe countries.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Politicians were shocked . LOL. But I guess ( no, I know) politicians still believe that they can turn Islam into a wonderful peaceful religion like Christianity.

They will have to learn the hard way. And if they in the end find out where Islam stands for, then it is too late.
Mosque-run Salafist schools are teaching children sharia law: report

Children who go to mosque-run fundamentalist Muslim schools across the country are being taught people of different faiths deserve the death penalty and to turn their backs on the values of Dutch society, a joint investigation by current affairs programme Nieuwsuur and newspaper NRC has found

The news comes in the wake of a report by intelligence service AIVD about the growing influence of the stream of fundamental Islam known as Salafism at mosque-run schools. The researchers looked at teaching materials for different age groups and some 70 hours of audio and video material retrieved from the internet.

Much of the material was obtained by journalists posing as potential parents. They found that punishments in sharia law, for instance for homosexuals and other ‘enemies’, were glorified.

Children were asked to answer multiple choice questions about the appropriate punishment, including whipping, stoning and beheading by sword. At some of the around 50 schools that were scrutinised, children were told they should leave the Netherlands and go to an Islamic country instead.

Politicians as well as members of the Islamic community have said they were shocked at the findings.

ChristenUnie parliamentary party chairman Gert-Jan Segers and the VVD’s Klaas Dijkhoff said they want changes to the law so school inspectors can have access to the schools.

An imam and religious teacher called the findings ‘horrifying’, the NRC said. ‘It’s five to twelve,’ Said Bouharrou leader of the Council of Mosques told the paper. Bouharrou said he is worried about the growing influence of Salafism in Islamic teaching but that Muslims who object don’t speak out because they are afraid of repercussions.

Earlier investigations by NRC and Nieuwsuur showed that some schools were being financed by the Gulf states. MPs worried about the promotion of Salafism in the Netherlands have been calling for a probe into the origin and purpose of that money for years, the paper said.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Wilders’ lawyer says ‘fewer Moroccans’ case should be dropped, citing interference

The lawyer representing anti-Islam politician Geert Wilders in his appeal against a conviction for racial discrimination has called for the case to be dismissed because of alleged interference by the government of the day.

Geert-Jan Knoops told the high security court at Schiphol airport on Tuesday that the case against Wilders should be dropped after it transpired that the then-justice minister Ivo Opstelten had discussed the case with senior officials at the public prosecution department.

Broadcaster RTL Nieuws had gone to court to get the documents showing that Opstelten had been involved made public.

Knoops said the documents show there would not have been a formal decision to prosecute Wilders without the discussions between Opstelten and civil servants.

In addition, the ministry was not being straight with the court or prosecution department about the talks, Knoops said. The court has no option but to dismiss the charges, Knoops said.

Current justice minister Ferd Grapperhaus told MPs on Tuesday that there was no question of political interference and that the department had already decided to prosecute Wilders before the meeting in the memo.

The case dates back to 2014 when Wilders asked a roomful of supporters if they wanted to have ‘more or fewer’ Moroccans in the country.

When the crowd shouted back: ‘Fewer, fewer,’ Wilders responded: ‘We’ll take care of that.’

In December 2016, Wilders was found guilty of inciting discrimination against Dutch Moroccans.

A panel of three judges said Wilders’s comments were ‘demeaning and insulting to the Moroccan population’. However, the court decided not to fine or sentence Wilders on the basis that a criminal conviction was sufficient punishment in itself.

Wilders was also found guilty of insulting Dutch people of Moroccan origin as a group, but cleared of inciting hatred against them.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Justice officials pressed for Wilders to be prosecuted for ‘fewer Moroccans’ speech

Senior civil servants put pressure on prosecutors to take Geert Wilders to court for his ‘fewer Moroccans’ speech, according to documents seen by RTL Nieuws.

In a series of memos, justice ministry officials wrote that Wilders’s comments were ‘malicious’ and ‘racist’.

One asked, after reading a confidential report prepared for justice minister Ivo Opstelten in September 2014: ‘Is the prosecution service now convinced of the desirability and viability of a prosecution?’

The leader of the anti-immigration PVV party is currently appealing against his conviction for inciting discrimination against Dutch Moroccans in the televised speech, delivered in the aftermath of the local elections in March 2014.

Wilders asked a roomful of supporters if they wanted to have ‘more or fewer’ Moroccans in the country. When the crowd shouted back: ‘Fewer, fewer,’ Wilders responded: ‘We’ll take care of that.’ In December 2016, a panel of three judges ruled that the comments were ‘demeaning and insulting to the Moroccan population’.

Wilders’s lawyer, Geert-Jan Knoops, last week asked judges to dismiss the case after it emerged that Opstelten ( former justice minister ) discussed it with justice department officials before the decision to prosecute was announced.

The appeal court rejected the request but judges have said they will investigate claims of political interference during the course of the hearing.

Call for inquiry The current justice minister, Ferd Grapperhaus, declined to respond to the contents of the memos, which have been released by RTL Nieuws.

He said: ‘I need to be extremely reticent regarding the contents of the documents that have been handed over.

It is precisely because I don’t get involved in individual cases that I will not be commenting on them at this time.’

Wilders said the memos were evidence of a ‘witch-hunt’ by Opstelden, a minister from the right-wing liberal VVD party, said the appeal hearing should be stopped and called for a parliamentary inquiry.

‘It is unbelievable that the justice ministry interfered in my case in such detail,’ he said. ‘It looks like a witch-hunt, an act of retribution by the VVD minister and his department against me.’

Politicians from other parties also voiced concerns about government officials had meddled in the business of the courts. ‘The prosecution service is not an arm of the ministry, but part of our judiciary,’ said D66 MP Maarten Groothuizen.

‘It looks as if the department wants to have a lot of control. That fits with the impression that civil servants are doing whatever it takes to keep their ministers out of the firing line.’ Labour MP Attje Kuiken said the memos contradicted previous assurances that there had been no interference in Wilders’s trial.

‘I want Grapperhaus to explain what has been discussed with the prosecution service and I want to know as well why the minister did not disclose this earlier.’

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Fury and disbelief in Mierlo as vandals spray war graves with swastika, graffiti

Vandals have defaced hundreds of graves and the war memorial at a cemetery in Mierlo in Brabant, where 664 British soldiers and one Dutch soldier are buried. Almost every gravestone has been daubed with letter and a giant swastika has been daubed on the wall of the chapel. ‘It is not just a bit, everything has been covered,’ an Omroep Brabant reporter said.

‘There is a letter on nearly every gravestone. It is unbelievable.’ What some of the grafitti says is unclear, but the reporter described it as ‘English gibberish’. One text reads ‘UK + Ned blood sing’. Words sprayed on the central war memorial include ‘UK boss’, ‘connect head’ and ‘wifi’. One text on the back of gravestones reads ‘false flag’. ‘MH17 lie’ has been sprayed on a wall.

One local who came to look at the damage told broadcaster NOS: ‘My heart is weeping. There are 17 and 18-year-old boys here who liberated us.’ On Monday the graveyard is due to host a ceremony to mark operation Market Garden. Hundreds of soldiers died in eastern Brabant on September 17 1944 as part of that campaign to liberate the Netherlands.

The Commonwealth Graves Commission said it is appalled by the vandalism and that is working to put the damage right today. ‘We are also liaising closely with local police to try and prevent any further damage to the site,’ the organisation said.

The police are appealing for witnesses. According to some reports, the graveyard was also vandalised earlier this week.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Good...Dutch police arrested a 36-year-old man from Mierlo who is suspected of spray painting Nazi swastikas on the war graves of British and Dutch soldiers at a cemetery in the Netherlands.

The senseless destruction has sparked international outrage amid growing trends of anti-Semitism.