News from France.

Discuss world politics in relation to Islam and Muslims.
Ariel

Re: News from France.

Post by Ariel »

POLICE have told a French teen who said Islam was a “religion of hate” to go into hiding after calls for her to be killed, raped or attacked.

The 16-year-old girl, named only Mila, has been warned to stay away from her school in southeast France as well as going outside.

Mila, who loves singing and whose profile is adorned with an LGBT flag, was talking with her followers on Instagram when one of them reportedly began harassing her.

After rebuffing the follower's advances, he reportedly began insulting her with homophobic attacks and accusations of racism, calling her a "dirty French girl", "dirty w***e", "dirty dy***".

Then the attacks took a religious tone, with zealots online reportedly accusing Mila of insulting "our God Allah, the one and only" and hoping that she would "burn in hell."

Mila then reportedly decided to post footage criticising religion in general and Islam in particular.

In a clip she said: "I hate religion. The Koran is… full of hate, Islam is sh**, that's what I think. I am not racist, not at all.

"You cannot be racist towards a religion. I said what I thought, you will not make me regret it."

I was receiving 200 messages of pure hatred a minute

French Schoolgirl Mila
Under French law there are no restrictions on blasphemy or any criticisms of religion.

Her name and address and those of her school were leaked on the internet, prompting the local education authority to call the police.

Mila said: "Someone called my lycée pretending to be my father.

"The lycée called the police to protect me."

Mila told French media agencies that at one point, "I was receiving 200 messages of pure hatred a minute."

Criminal inquiries were under way to track the authors of threats to kill and rape the teenager.

The case has become a big story in France which has five to six million Muslims who often claim they suffer discrimination on a greater scale than their counterparts in the UK.

This week the hashtags #jesuismila (I am Mila) and #jenesuispasmila (I am not Mila) have been among the most popular on Twitter in France.

She said: "We might find the girl's comments vulgar, but we can't accept the fact that some people sentence her to death for that in France in the 21st century."

A spokesman from the prosecutor's office in Vienne, near Lyons, said: "The viral [postings] spread on social media networks of a video posted by a young girl expressing, during a personal discussion, virulent and hostile comments about the Muslim religion has provoked a multiplication of reactions taking the form of death threats and threats to commit crimes.

"The gravity of the threats ... has made it necessary to remove the girl from school temporarily and to take care of her."
The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.

antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

"The gravity of the threats ... has made it necessary to remove the girl from school temporarily and to take care of her."
Those making the threats against this girl need to be hunted down stripped of their French citizenship and removed from France - likewise any other European country they are in. It shouldn't be too difficult. Police in Europe have proved themselves quite capable of locating posters of "far right hate speech".
"Prophet Muhammad...bought, sold, captured, and owned slaves" SOURCE: BBC website
"Muhammad is considered to be a perfect model" SOURCE: BBC website

Ansar al-Zindiqi

Hate Case Dropped Against Teen Who Criticised Islam

Post by Ansar al-Zindiqi »

In a great victory for France the hate speech case against a teenage girl has been dropped. Despite this I think she'll have to live the rest of her life in hiding. Muslims are seething with rage and they're in the mood to turn Europe into more a playground for perverts and sadists more than ever before.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hate Case Dropped Against Teen Who Criticised Islam and Got Death Threats
By CHRIS TOMLINSON - Feb 2, 2020
French prosecutors have dropped a potential hate crime case against a French teen named Mila who received death threats after she criticised Islam online.

The Vienne public prosecutor dropped the investigation for “hate provocation” against the 16-year-old, stating that the investigation into the motive and context of her words “revealed no element likely to characterize this as a criminal offence”, France Info reports.

The investigation began after Mila had made a post on social media platform Instagram earlier this month in which she made several remarks critical of Islam and saw a massive backlash from Muslims in France, including several death threats.

During an argument with another user, she said, “I hate religion. The Koran is . . . full of hate. There is only hate in it. Islam is a sh!t religion. That’s what I think.”
According to The Times, the teen saw 200 hateful messages per minute and was forced to leave school and be placed under police protection for her own safety.

The issue has caused controversy across the political spectrum in France, with left-wing feminists defending Mila, who is a lesbian, and populist National Rally leader Marine Le Pen also coming out in support of the teen.

“We might find [the girl’s comments] vulgar, but we can’t accept the fact that some people sentence her to death for that in France in the 21st century,” Le Pen said.

The prosecutor’s office has also stated they are investigating the various death threats and other posts made against Mila.

The affair is just the latest clash between Islam and France’s secular society in recent years.

From disputes over the sharia-compliant swimwear known as the burkini to Muslim mass street prayers, France is becoming increasingly divided.

A poll released in October revealed that 61 per cent of the French public thought that Islam was simply not compatible with French society, while another study from 2018 claimed that Muslims were becoming less and less secular.
Don't be a believer but a heretic unto yourself.

antineoETC

Re: Hate Case Dropped Against Teen Who Criticised Islam

Post by antineoETC »

Ansar al-Zindiqi wrote:In a great victory for France the hate speech case against a teenage girl has been dropped.
Doubtless emergency legislation will be rushed through the Parlement français to close this legal loophole that allows the expression of any criticism whatsoever of the deen al haq and its followers - who I hasten to add are without exception full of light and love towards the enemies of Allah and harbor absolutely no desire to bring France by hook or crook under the sharia which anyhow is simply Arabic for "path" and refers to a program of self-discipline, exercise, good diet, avoidance of alcohol and the cultivation of respect and care for Allah's earth and all things that liveth upon it and anybody who claims otherwise should expect to hear a knock on the door in the next five minutes.
"Prophet Muhammad...bought, sold, captured, and owned slaves" SOURCE: BBC website
"Muhammad is considered to be a perfect model" SOURCE: BBC website

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

French police shoot barracks intruder following attack warning

Police shot and wounded a man armed with a knife after he attacked officers inside a police barracks in eastern France on Monday.

Shortly before the knifeman struck the police facility in Dieuze, near Metz, the local police operations center received warning that an atrocity was to be committed in the name of Islamic State, French news agency AFP quoted the local prosecutor as saying.

“We must relate the facts to a call received by the operational center of the gendarmerie shortly before, in which an individual declared that he was a soldier, that there was going to be carnage in Dieuze and that he was a member of Islamic State,” prosecutor Christian Mercuri was quoted as telling a news conference in the area.

Several hours after the attack, there had been no claims of responsibility. A judicial source said the national antiterrorist prosecutor was not investigating the case at this stage.

The knifeman wounded one officer in the hand before he was shot and later taken to hospital, a spokesman for the gendarmerie said.

Interior Minister Christophe Castaner praised the cool response of the officers who accosted the attacker.

The incident in Dieuze will raise further questions over security at police facilities.
Radicalizing troops? 19yo rookie soldier named suspect in French police station knife attack, after ISIS threat phone call

A 19-year old serviceman was named a suspect in the attack on a gendarmerie station in France, which took place after police received a threat of a massacre in the name of Islamic State.
The suspect was “a young soldier who was completing his two months of initial training and was on probation,” Defense Minister Florence Parly confirmed on Tuesday. She added that the man was not on duty during the attack.

The prosecutor in the northeastern city of Metz Christian Mercuri told reporters that the 19-year-old alleged culprit joined the army in early December.

The knifeman wounded a gendarme at the local station in Dieuze, not far from Metz, on Monday. He himself was shot twice by the same officer and hospitalized. Several hours before the attack, the local gendarmerie received a phone call, in which a man said that he was a soldier and an Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) member, and warned about an incoming “carnage” in the jihadist group’s name. The possible link between the suspect and the caller has not been confirmed as of yet.

The incident has renewed questions whether the authorities are effective in monitoring and weeding out potential radicals. “This radicalized individual was not detected in time. The dysfunction [of the government] is serious and a threat to our security,” Eric Ciotti, a lawmaker from the center-right ‘the Republicans’ party, wrote on Twitter.

Former convict Cherif Chekatt, who went on a rampage and killed five people in Strasbourg in 2018, was on terrorist watch when he committed the crime. Likewise, Salah Abdeslam, one of the masterminds behind the deadly 2015 attack on the Bataclan theater in Paris, had a long criminal history.

Last month, a senior member of the Syrian Islamist militant group Jaysh al-Islam was detained after having entered France on an Erasmus student visa, according to AFP.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

FOR THE THOUSANDTH TIME . :(
France: Authorities clear rat-infest migrant camp in north Paris

French authorities on Tuesday cleared a rat-infested camp in northeast Paris that contained 427 illegal migrants, most of whom were single men from Somalia and Eritrea.

The encampment consisted of 266 tents and makeshift shelters that were erected alongside the Saint-Denis canal. Authorities described that camp as “strewn with waste and refuse, overrun by rats and giving off a pestilent and foul-smelling odor or urine and excrement,” Le Point reports.

Of the 427 migrants living in the camp, just four of them have been identified as women. The vast majority of the migrants were single men, mainly from Somalia and Eritrea.

Francois Dagnaud, the mayor of the 19th arrondissement, commented on the operation, saying: “It’s a relief for people crowded into this camp and for local residents, because the situation was very difficult to manage for local residents.”

“The operation of evacuation and sheltering of the occupants of the camps irregularly installed in the north of Paris at the entrance of La Villette has started,” French police tweeted.

“Sheltering operation in progress at the entrance of La Villette,” police tweeted with a photo of the encampment. “The police, state agents and associative actors are fully mobilized for its smooth running and the care of people in this sector.”

According to the regional prefecture, the effort to clear the camp started at 6:00 and lasted about two hours.

The clearing of the camp alongside the Saint-Denis canal comes just one week after a larger camp, near Porte d’Aubervilliers in Paris, containing 1,400 migrants, was cleared by police.

Last November, Interior Minister Christophe Castaner promised to clear all the migrant encampments in northeast Paris before the end of 2019.

Ariel

Re: Hate Case Dropped Against Teen Who Criticised Islam

Post by Ariel »

French teen girl who made anti-Islam statements “absolutely does not regret” it

Mila, a 16-year-old French girl who received a slew of rape and death threats after she made anti-Islam statements on social media, said she did “absolutely does not regret” her remarks and defended her right to “blaspheme” on French television.

“I absolutely do not regret my words. I don’t have to hide for this reason,” the teenage girl said while adding that she did regret using “vulgarity” when she recorded herself on Instagram saying: “I hate religion. The Quran is… full of hate. There is only hate in it. Islam is a sh!t religion. That’s what I think.”

After her comments, the teenager was subjected to a torrent of death threats and abuse which ultimately led authorities to place her and her family under police protection, Le Figaro reports.

In her interview on French television this last week, Mila recounted the seriousness of the threats she had received saying: “Considering the threats I received from people in my high school, I could have been burned with acid, hit. I was threatened with being stripped naked in public, of being buried alive. I had to drop out of high school.”

“I was receiving 200 messages of pure hatred a minute,” the 16-year-old added.

Marine Le Pen, the leader of the populist National Rally, was one of the few prominent figures in France who defended the teenage girl’s statements, tweeting: “This young girl is braver than the whole political class in power over the past 30 years.”

Bruno Retailleau, the Senate leader of the Republicans – France’s main opposition party – also defended Mila, saying that it was “political Islam that is trampling our values”.

The ordeal reflects a growing and increasingly hostile rift between those who identify with France’s traditionally secular society and newcomers who still identify heavily with the Islamic world.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

The Sun King Emanual Macron made a victory tour through Paris.

How this ended, :whistling: I am not going to tell . Click the link to this video, and promise not to laugh.

Emmanuel Macron saluant une foule immense venue l'applaudir !

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

France: Machete-wielding Islamic convert wanted to marry an 11-year-old

By ARTHUR LYONS

Quentin B., a 30-year-old Frenchmen, and recent Islamic convert was arrested over the weekend after he brandished a machete and threatened to kill members of a local family after the father refused to let him marry his 11-year-old daughter.

Upon being notified about the situation by the family, police showed up at the Islamic convert’s mother’s house to find that the machete-wielder had locked himself inside, Metropolitain reports.

As the police officers attempted to enter the home, Quentin B. hurled insults at them while hysterically reciting prayers in Arabic.

“Go do yourself in …, assholes, sh!t cops, disbelievers, get out of my house,” he yelled, while his mother begged him to drop the machete and cooperate with the police.

After a long stand-off, the man opened the door only to continue hurling insults at police officers. In an attempt to put an end to the ordeal, police shot the man with a taser gun but he was impervious to its effects. It was only when the officers drew their firearms that he gave up and dropped the machete.

Following an initial investigation into the Quentin B.’s background, it was found that he had recently converted to Islam and become radicalised.

Islamic radicalisation has become increasingly widespread in a growing number of sectors of French society. Last October, Voice of Europe reported on an announcement made by the Minister of National Education that at least a dozen public school teachers had been reported by their peers for showing signs of Islamic radicalisation.

The announcement came less than a week after an IT worker and radicalized Islamic convert killed four people at the police headquarters in Paris.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Ifop Survey: More than half of French people think civilization will collapse

A recent survey conducted by Ifop has revealed the more than half of French people believe that civilization as we know it will collapse in the coming decades, proving that the French are indeed a pessimistic people.

The survey, carried out by Ifop for the Jean Jaurès Foundation, found that 65 percent of French people agreed with the assertion that “civilization, as we know it today, will collapse in the years to come”, L’Aisne Nouvelle reports.

More than one-third of those surveyed in France believed that such a collapse would occur within the next 20 years.

The idea that the consequences of climate change and overconsumption would lead to the downfall of society was shared by 27 percent of French people who think that a collapse is inevitable.

While 15 percent of collapse believers said that “uncontrolled migratory waves” would likely be the catalyst that would usher in the downfall of society, 14 percent said that the collapse would be brought about by “civil war or increasingly strong tensions within society”.

32 percent of those surveyed were moderate pessimists who believe that collapse wouldn’t occur in an abrupt fashion, but that society would gradually deteriorate over many years.

France’s former ecological minister Yves Cochet believes that “global systemic collapse” will occur between the years 2030 and 2040. “In 2035, there will be no more UN, there will be no more European Union, there will be no ‘there will be more French Republic […] living in Paris will be difficult, if not impossible,” Cochet says.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

France sees an average of 120 knife attacks per day

By ARTHUR LYONS

New figures from the National Observatory of Delinquency and Criminal Responses (ONDRP) have revealed that on average, France sees as many as 120 knife attacks across the country every day.

As other forms of violent crimes surge around the country, ONDRP’s figures – sourced from a claim that between 2015 and 2017 there were about 44,000 victims of knife crime every year – come to an average of 120 per day, Le Figaro reports.

In France, an average of 118,000 people claimed to have been the victims of violent crime carried out by people they did not live with or know, with such as assaults occurring in public spaces like grocery stores, schools, and pubs, among other places.

Per the ONDRP’s figures, knives were the most common weapons to be reported in violent crimes, at 37 percent, followed by 34 percent who claimed they were attacked with stones or other kinds of blunt objects. Nine percent of respondents said they were attacked by firearms.

The dramatic uptick in violent crime is hardly limited to knife attacks. In fact, in the past 10 years, France has seen an explosion of homicides and homicide attempts. Since 2009, the number of murders and attempted murders has jumped from 1,767 to 3,168 in 2018.

French authorities have attributed this phenomenon to what they’ve called a “radicalization of behavior” that only seems to have seeped into the public’s consciousness in recent years.

Earlier in the month, Voice of Europe reported on the exploding levels of delinquency that have been seen so far in France in 2020.

In January 2020, the number of cases of intentional assault and battery rose to an average of 140 attacks per day, marking a 21 percent increase from last January.

Last month also saw acts of hostage-taking increase by 36.8 percent, kidnapping increase by 13.7 percent, and threats and blackmail increase by 9.6 percent. Thefts with knives were also up 21.6 percent from the previous year, while the number of sexual offenses increased by 14 percent from the previous year.

And just days ago, Voice of Europe, citing Le Figaro, reported that nearly half of the criminals in the Paris metro area are foreign nationals.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Marseille: Sixty left-wing extremists and immigrant ‘youths’ attacked police station

A mob of sixty youths from immigrant housing projects accompanied by ultra-left-wing extremists attacked the police station in Marseille’s 2nd arrondissement last Saturday evening in an attempt free two Lidl robbers in police custody.

The clashes erupted at around 8pm on Saturday evening when the mob of young immigrants and far-left activists hurled projectiles and firecrackers at police while chanting the word “assassins”, local newspaper La Provence reports.

Due to the security threat, police called in reinforcements. Crews from the Security and Intervention Company (CSI) and the Anti-Crime Brigade (BAC) promptly arrived at the scene and prevented the violent situation from escalating.

Thanks to the security contractors, the area surrounding the police station was quickly secured and the cowardly attackers retreated.

The group of left-wing extremists and immigrant youths had originally shown up to the station to demand the release of a pair of robbers who had been in police custody since the previous evening. A third individual, aged 19, who had tried to rob the same store, was killed by police after he pointed a gun at them.

“Under conditions that the investigations will specify, a police officer opened fire several times after being himself, then one of his colleagues, threatened by one of the criminals armed with a rifle,” said the prosecution.

Earlier this month, Voice of Europe reported on the exploding levels of delinquency that have been seen so far in France in 2020.

This January, the number of cases of intentional assault and battery has surged to an average of 140 attacks per day, marking a 21 percent increase from last January.

Last month also saw acts of hostage-taking increase by 36.8 percent, kidnapping increase by 13.7 percent, and threats and blackmail increase by 9.6 percent. Thefts with knives were also up 21.6 percent from the previous year, while the number of sexual offenses increased by 14 percent from the previous year.

And just days ago, Voice of Europe – citing Le Figaro – reported that nearly half of the criminals in the Paris metro area are foreign nationals.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

France: Police struggle to contain migrants amidst coronavirus outbreak

In Paris, the police are being stretched to the limit in their efforts to enforce the coronavirus (COVID-19) quarantines in the city’s migrant areas, or “no-go” zones.

In Saint-Denis, a suburb north of Paris which is inhabited mostly by immigrants, the locals largely ignore the quarantine. Many believe that the pandemic itself is a story invented by whites for the purpose of oppressing them, according to a report at Le Temps.

“They don’t understand anything,” a policeman told Le Temps. “Some of them are even saying that the virus is a fable invented by white people to force them to get off the streets.”

On the streets of Saint-Denis, where approximately 110,000 people reside, most everything is shut down, but many people still walk the streets in open defiance of the shelter-in-place order. A Le Temps journalist witnessed a group of black teenagers congregating in front of a shopping center in spite of a veiled mother, pushing her daughter in a stroller, admonishing them to go home. Others were discussing ways to falsify the documents that the police require people to carry when they go outside, which is supposed to only be for emergency reasons. They are printed in the newspapers, although the government has already published three different versions of the document since the crisis began, leading to confusion.

Breaking quarantine without a valid reason is punishable by a fine of 135 euros.

The police have said that controlling all the immigrants is impossible, so they are merely trying to deter them from violating the quarantine. Last week France’s Interior Ministry announced that 4,095 tickets had already been issued.

But the problem is not only the number of immigrants violating the government’s edicts, but also the fact that the police fear getting into an altercation with them will increase the risk that they themselves will be exposed to the virus.

Many of the immigrants are indeed wearing surgical masks, at the very least, but they are obtaining them via unorthodox means: they’re stealing them from pharmacies and hospitals, as someone named Ahmed told Le Temps. Apparently, the illicit drug trade is also continuing unimpeded in Saint-Denis. And in the suburb of Colombes, a man from Saint-Denis was recently arrested for stealing masks and hand sanitizer.

“We are not going to give up,” a policemen told reporters. “But we also know where these people live and how they live, and strict containment for them is just impossible.”

Given the lack of respect for the emergency measures being exhibited by immigrants, conservative intellectual Eric Zemmour has called for French President Emmanuel Macron to adopt harsher enforcement tactics, as previously reported by Voice of Europe.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

France: Top government official argues enforcement of quarantine in migrant areas should ‘not be a priority’ in order to avoid riots

In France, a top official in Macron’s government has said that unlike the strict measures that have been imposed on the vast majority of the country’s population, the enforcement of quarantine shouldn’t be enforced in areas heavily populated with migrants so as to avoid riots.

“It is not a priority to enforce closings in certain neighborhoods and to stop gatherings,” French Secretary of State to the Ministry of the Interior Laurent Nunez said in a letter that was leaked to the Le Cenard Enchaine, French weekly news magazine Valeurs Actuelles reports.

In a video conference call, Nunez argued that restricting the movement of those who live in what are widely referred to as ‘no-go areas’ could ignite violent social disorder if applied with too much vigor.

Nunez’s colleague who was on the call also agreed that businesses in these so-called ‘no-go areas’ should be kept open so as to assist with “social mediation”.

Last week, Voice of Europe reported that police in Paris’s no-go zones were already having trouble enforcing the country’s quarantine measures. One police officer who’s assigned to the infamous Saint-Denis suburb told local media that many of the migrants living in these areas believe that the pandemic itself is a story invented by whites for the purpose of oppressing them.

“They don’t understand anything,” the policeman said. “Some of them are even saying that the virus is a fable invented by white people to force them to get off the streets.”

Days earlier, video footage surfaced which shows an African woman in Château Rouge, in the 18th arrondissement, becoming aggressive and belligerent after she’s approached by police for refusing to respect the quarantine measures.

“Let me have the coronavirus! You will have it too!” the African woman shouts at the police as she purposefully and savagely coughs in their faces.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

It seems the Sudanees cut the throat a father in front of his kids.
The muslim wanted to die a martyr because he asked the police to kill him.
France: Migrant kills two at random, others injured

A man who has been identified as Sudanese murdered two people and injured at least four others in an attack in Romans-sur-Isère, France today.

The man is said to have first entered a tobacco shop at approximately 11 AM this morning and stabbed the manager and two customers in the southeastern French town, which is near Lyon, according to a report by The Sun. He then struck inside a butcher shop, where he seized a second knife. He also reportedly attacked a queue outside of a bakery, where people were practicing social distancing measures.

Eyewitnesses said he attacked passersby in several other places at random.

Two people are confirmed to have been killed, while reports about the number of injured vary between four and seven. The dead are reported to have been one of the customers in the tobacco shop and the butcher, although their identities have not been released yet. Le Monde claimed that some of the wounded are in critical condition. The details are still being verified.

The man was eventually stopped near the bakery and was arrested by responding police officers.

A report at The Independent claims that the man, who was carrying no identity documents, identified himself as Sudanese and that he claimed to be 33 years old. Another report at The Daily Mail also claimed that the man shouted “Allahu akbar,” the Muslim battle cry, as he carried out the attacks.

France’s anti-terrorism office claimed that they are still investigating whether the attack was related to terrorism.

Emmanuel Macron said, “My thoughts are with the victims of the Romans-sur-Isère attack, the injured, their families. . . . All the light will be shed on this odious act which comes to mourn our country already hard hit these last weeks.”

Random stabbings by migrants have become a common occurrence in Europe in recent years. Last month in the United Kingdom, 7-year-old Emily Jones was murdered in a Heaton park by a Somali woman, as previously reported by Voice of Europe.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

France: Leftist politicians call for amnesty for illegal migrants to ‘help’ fight COVID-19

More than 100 French lawmakers have signed a letter which calls on Prime Minister Edouard Philipp to provide amnesty to all illegal migrants living in France.

The letter’s signatories – a bloc of 104 mainly leftist lawmakers – argue that the drastic action would help the country to fight the Chinese COVID-19 virus. French MPs who put their names on letter drew their inspiration from a move made late last month by the leftist Portuguese government which effectively gave amnesty to illegal immigrants.

As Voice of Europe reported, Portugal’s leftist government granted full citizenship rights to all asylum seekers and illegal migrants, giving them access to the country’s national health service, welfare benefits, social security system during the pandemic. The move was allegedly taken to “reduce the risks for public health” and will only last the until the COVID-19 pandemic is over, according to government officials.

In their letter, however, the French lawmakers failed to mention whether the amnesty they’re calling for would be temporary.

“We solemnly call on the French government to take the same measures as the Portuguese government. The health catastrophe we are experiencing forces us to act responsibly and without delay, as our Portuguese friends have done,” the letter which was published by Le Journal du Dimache states.

Signatories of the letter argue that providing amnesty to illegal immigrants would reduce the risks for public health since the migrants would have access to healthcare if they were to become infected with COVID-19.

The move comes a couple of weeks after Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights Dunja Mijatovic urged EU member states to release migrants from detention centers to prevent the spread of the Chinese COVID-19 virus.
Sweden, Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain, and the United Kingdom have already released migrants as a result of the pandemic.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

France: Attacks on first responders on the rise amidst lockdown

Attacks on police officers and other first responders in France are on the rise, as indicated by several incidents that occurred over the last few days.

On Wednesday in Les Mureaux, a police van which was responding to a group of “youths” who had been spotted launching fireworks on surveillance cameras was attacked, forcing the officers to use stun grenades to escape the scene, according to a report by Le Parisien.

On Thursday in Mantes-la-Jolie, police who were checking to make sure that locals were obeying the coronavirus (COVID-19) lockdown were targeted by ten “youths” throwing stones. The police had to use tear gas to escape safely.

Then, at 3:30 AM that night, police vehicles were again assaulted in the area, damaging the windows of one of them and again forcing officers to use tear gas to disperse the crowd.

In Trappes, an egg was thrown at officers on foot patrol at around 5 PM on Thursday. Shortly after midnight that night, firefighters and police who had responded to a trash fire were surrounded by a group of youths who were waiting for them. The youths then launched fireworks at the officers, leading to a clash.

And last night in Mureaux, at around 7:30 PM, a group of about fifteen people threw stones at a police vehicle. Later that night, in Mantes-la-Jolie, after officers had intervened in a domestic dispute, officers were assaulted by fifteen people while leaving the building, who threw projectiles at them. Police were again forced to use stun grenades to escape, according to another report by Le Parisien.

In Sartrouville last night, police responded to a report of several trash fires at around 1:45 AM. When they arrived a group of ten “youths” was waiting for them, and they fired fireworks mortars at the officers. Police again used stun grenades to disperse the crowd. Firefighters were eventually able to put out the fires, which threatened to spread to nearby buildings, under police protection.

These were only some of the reports of such violence from France over the past few days. Police are concerned that if the lockdown goes much longer, violence in France’s migrant areas could increase, especially once existing illicit drug supplies are exhausted due to bans on international travel, as previously reported by Voice of Europe.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

France: ‘Youths’ attack police in with Molotov cocktails and projectiles

Police officers on Sunday evening were attacked by dozens of ‘youths’ in Toulouse, France after being lured to the scene of a car fire in the Mirail district.

Upon arriving at the scene of the car fire shortly after 10 pm, the police were ambushed by 30 or so ‘youths’ who hurled Molotov cocktails, explosives, and other projectiles at them, French news outlet Actu 17 reports.

Reinforcements were quickly called in to quell the violence and a dozen anti-riot police units armed with tear gas and flash-ball launchers arrived to battle the insurrectionists. Unfortunately, after a two hour battle the attackers managed to escape without consequence. No injuries or arrested were reported.

As of this report, police don’t know definitively whether this particular incident has any relation to the widespread violence that erupted in and around Paris after a motorcyclist who crashed into an unmarked police car suffered serious injuries.

According to a police union spokesman, the attack was probably a “localized” issue that was more than likely the work of local drug dealers.

“Drug trafficking is currently slowing down due to lockdown, and when it does not work the traffickers fall into provocation and attack the police,” said SGP regional secretary Didier Martinez.

Police in Toulouse have since opened up an investigation into the incident.

The incident comes less than two weeks after a group of 20 young migrants lured police and emergency service workers to the scene of a trashcan fire in Rillieux-la-Pape, near Lyon, before attacking them with incendiary projectiles, firecrackers, and other objects.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

France: Man charged with selling Molotov cocktails to ‘youths’

A man has been arrested by police for selling and distributing Molotov cocktails to rioters in the suburbs of Paris.

There has been a sharp uptick in violence in France in recent weeks, particularly in areas where migrant communities reside, as residents rebel against the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) lockdown measures. French first responders have been the target of many of these attacks, as previously reported by Voice of Europe.

The man, who police say is 26, was arrested in the department of Hauts-de-Seine, one of the suburbs of Paris, along with two others. Hauts-de-Seine is one of many areas that has seen rioting in recent weeks, with violence having occurred every night during the past week. An elementary school was set ablaze there by rioters on Tuesday in one such incident, according to a report by The Washington Post.

According to police, the man got in contact with buyers by Snapchat, and was selling the homemade Molotov cocktails at a price of 5 euros for 3, or 10 euros for 10. His group would then deliver the incendiary devices to rioters by car. Apparently, he was even advertising on Snapchat, according to a report by Le Parisien.

The Molotov cocktails were made out of beer bottles containing petrol, with clock wicks inserted for lighting them.

The main evidence for the man’s crimes are photos of the weapons which he had saved to his phone. Police are also using his phone to try to establish who purchased the weapons. Devices identical to the ones he was selling have been identified in Gennevilliers, another area where riots have occurred.

The reports say that the man is employed as a deliveryman, and that he was already known to police.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Driver rams two police motorcyclists in Paris suburb

A car rammed two police motorcyclists in a Paris suburb on Monday, police unions said, leaving one of the officers in an artificial coma in hospital because of his grave injuries.

The act was deliberate, police unions said. Police sources said the 30-year-old driver was arrested at the scene and lived nearby in a working-class area close to where unrest erupted last week.

Psychiatric tests and searches were being carried out before a decision would be taken on whether to hand the investigation to France's anti-terrorism prosecutor, a source close to the investigation said.

"Two police motorcyclists in a serious condition after being deliberately hit in Colombes by an individual who also rammed a police car. Thoughts with our colleagues," the Synergie-Officiers union wrote on social media.

The officers had been stationary and conducting routine checks when they were hit by a black BMW.

Footage published in French media including the website of daily newspaper Le Parisien showed one police motorbike sandwiched between the crumpled bonnets of a police car and the BMW. Debris from a second bike lay strewn on the road.

Interior Minister Christophe Castaner hailed the response of officers who gave first aid to their comrades at the scene.

One of the two suffered fractures to both legs and a fractured skull and had been placed in an artificial coma, police sources said. The other was also hospitalised.

Driver who rammed two policemen in France says he did it to avenge Palestine

A driver who rammed two policemen in France yesterday afternoon says he did so to avenge the situation in Palestine.

The man used his car to ram the two officers as they conducted roadside inspections in Colombes, near Paris.

In his car, investigators found a knife and a “letter explaining his action,” prosecutors in Nanterre say.

The national counterterrorism prosecutor’s office is looking into the possibility of getting involved.

One of policemen suffered serious head injuries. Both have been hospitalized but their lives are not in danger.

The suspect “said during his arrest that he had watched videos on Palestine before acting,” prosecution officials say.