News from Norway

Discuss world politics in relation to Islam and Muslims.
Ariel

News from Norway

Post by Ariel »

JEWS IN NORWAY HIDING IDENTITY TODAY AS THEY DID DURING NAZI OCCUPATION ……..

Norway’s humanitarian image blown for good.

The more we publish about Norway, the more good people with a conscience help to fill in the blanks on Norwegian society. The stories keep coming one after the other, telling us what exactly is happening there. A floodgate has been opened, people are beginning to open their eyes and speak the truth.

Ever more Norwegian Jews choose to hide their Jewish identity; as many did in WW2, saving their lives.

This says something about today’s community, Linda Helen Haukland writes.

Anti-Semitic currents in the community are by now so strong, many Norwegian Jews choose to hide their identity. In WW2, the only opportunity to avoid Hitler’s death camps was to refuse one’s Jewish ancestry.

Having in mind the fact some 90 percent of Norway’s Jewish community is directly influenced by the Holocaust, it is concerning to observe the need over hiding the fact they are Jewish.

Then came Hitler.

Some time ago I was educating a first class at high school on the Holocaust.

I told of the two Jewish brothers, Georg and Leiser Landau from Bodø, who survived through changing their last names, before the Nazi decision to register all Norwegian Jews with a “J” in their passports.

As I finished this lesson, I had the feeling I had presented a historic theme in a classic narrative fashion: All was well, then came Hitler- and by now everything is all right.

But it is not like this. In my work with the local history of the war; I have entered in contact with several persons having Jewish parents who survived the war. Their common theme is the same: Formerly, they have published their stories; they have spoken openly of their Jewish heritage, until a couple of decades ago. But today, they will not present themselves openly, due to what they perceive as an increasing Norwegian anti-Semitism.
It costs too much because they have to face the responsibility over what the state of Israel does. They know the couplings between anti-Zionism and anti-Semitism- having felt that on their bodies.

Quisling’s signature.

These talks give me a tasteless reminder about how much George and Leiser had to endure the anti-Semitism of their day; they no more were named Landau, but Lande, receiving the right to live in Norway as Norwegians. Another example were the brothers Abram and Benno Ramson. Benno perished in Auschwitz, his brother Abram received Quisling’s signature over not being a Jew.

His blue eyes, blonde hair, Norwegian wife, conversion to Christianity and his friend in the Nazi hierarchy made this cover operation possible.

He was the son of the leader of the Mosaic congregation in Oslo, the rest of his life he struggled over to have had to sign a document about not working against the regime which exterminated and persecuted his Jewish family and friends.

A Polish Jew in Lofoten denied his ancestry; his family having emigrated, the Germans found no documents in Warsaw confirming him being a Jew. This man lived next door to the Germans, local Nazis and the Norwegian civil population throughout the rest of the war, having been released.

A paradox.

Having to hide something one is born to is among the most offending issues one may be subjected to. These problems still being extant is a paradox.

The Holocaust took part here, close to where we live, to those living in the neighborhood. It is not only today anti-Semitism is flourishing among peripheral Fascist groupings. 53 percent of junior high school students in Oslo tell about having heard the word “Jew” being used as a negative epithet. 33 percent of Jewish students report about negative feedback connected to their religion two or three times a month; while 5 percent of Muslim students face the same experience.

Jewish institutions and the Jewish population are in need of extra security measures.

Some time ago, I discovered a website under the auspices of eight provincial educational agencies in Nordland, for the purpose of recruiting students for professional training in high schools. Here, a comedian named Stig Frode Henriksen taught students to make a “Jew-smoothie”. “Don’t let the name of smoothie destroy your appetite! The components can do that”, the website’s editors wrote. It took nearly a year for someone to react, most likely due to a lack of historical knowledge. Recently, junior high school students in Bodø used school hours to create cartoons of Jews; having red eyes, monobrows, horns and the moniker “beer hoe”. The student’s assistant teacher found reason to laugh at this.

Having in mind the fact some 90 percent of Norway’s Jews were directly affected by the Holocaust; humor over this is difficult to trivialize. Anti-Semitism is living vigorously among us, though it dresses itself up in new shapes. The dilemmas facing a Jewish minority- and other minorities, when meeting with a Norwegian majority is of concern to all of us. Observing many today choosing to hide their Jewish backgrounds tells something about the community they lives in; and the actual acceptance in our community over being different. Some weeks ago I received a letter by a Jewish man, addressed to my office, containing an article formerly published, in which he had told of his father’s denial of his Jewish identity during the war.

“Linda, don’t let this be public. Anti-Semitism is on the increase”, a yellow note attached to the article told me.

As an example of how far anti-Semitism might go, the stories of Jews being forced to change their identity is very illustrative. Unfortunately, they still have to be conveyed to coming generations, in order to portray Norwegian anti-Semitism as a chapter that yet has to come to an end.

http://tundratabloids.com/2012/11/jews- ... ation.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How shameful. And left wings radicals in Europe ( and also Muslims) try to let us believe that Muslims are now the new Jews.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.

ringmaster

Re: Jews in Norway hiding identity today

Post by ringmaster »

Quisling all over again.
The prophet of Islam was nothing more than a common criminal.

Please tell me if this is accurate:

“I have fabricated things against God and have imputed to Him words which He has not spoken.”
~MUHAMMAD (Al-Tabari 6:111)

Ariel

The Discrimination Hysteria Industry in Norway

Post by Ariel »

The discrimination hysteria industry in Norway has reached epic proportions. This could easily be taken from a Monty Python sketch.
Refused to be treated by a female doctor

A Muslim man’s request to be looked after by male doctor at the emergency room was not granted. He has now brought the matter before the Equality and Anti-Discrimination Ombudsman (LDO) as religiously-motivated discrimination, and now the Ombudsman is demanding answers from the Bærum Council [municipality west of Oslo].

When the man arrived at the emergency room in Asker and Bærum one night in September, he made it clear that he wanted to be looked after by a male doctor. When he was eventually greeted by a female doctor, he refused to shake her hand or allow her to touch him, writes the local newspaper Budstikka.

The man now claims that he was discriminated against by the emergency room this evening. The visit ended with his being told to go and see his regular doctor the following day.

Brought the matter to the LDO

In a formal complaint to the Equality and Anti-Discrimination Ombudsman (LDO), the man claims that he was discriminated against by the emergency room on religious grounds. The LDO has now asked Bærum Council to explain the matter, which the LDO believes raises several ethical dilemmas:

“This case raises several ethical dilemmas. A public institution is obliged to provide services and make accommodations in order to ensure that a person gets the service he or she is entitled to. The question that we need to ask ourselves is how far a public institution needs to go in order to ensure that this happens, and that is what we are going to take a closer look at,” says Elisabeth Lier Haugseth, the deputy leader of the LDO.

Some of the questions that the Ombudsman has asked Bærum council to answer are:

*Why was man’s request to be looked after by a male doctor declined?
*Could the female doctor have treated the man without touching him?
*How acute was the man’s medical situation?

Haugseth is of the opinion that there is a difference between the man being refused treatment as a result of refusing to shake the doctor’s hand as opposed to the man being offered medical treatment and turning this offer down.

Minimal experience

According to Haugseth the LDO has only minimal experience with such types of cases. She mentions that in 2006 some male airline passengers refused to show their passports to a female immigration officer. As a result the female immigration officer was replaced by a male colleague. Following the incident the woman brought the matter to the LDO, and in that particular case the Ombudsman concluded that provisions had been taken too far and ruled that the woman had been discriminated against based on her gender.

Haugseth also refers to a case this summer where a hospital patient refused to be treated by nurses wearing hijabs [Budstikka refers to hijab as ‘skaut’ — traditional Norwegian headgear — which I believe is something completely different — translator]. Haugseth has previously stated that a patient cannot opt out of treatment by healthcare professionals wearing hijabs, homosexuals or individuals who have immigrant backgrounds.

“There is a limit to how much accommodation one can demand. Among other things, it depends on whether this accommodation leads to discrimination against the healthcare personnel. As employees, healthcare personnel also have the right to be protected against discrimination,” says Haugseth to Budstikka.

No discrimination

The Muslim man was not discriminated against by the emergency services based on religious believes, says Gro Steigum, the head of services in Bærum.

According to Steigum, the emergency services in Asker and Bærum try to accommodate the wishes of the patients as far as this is possible. But on that particular night in September there was only one doctor on duty and it just happened to be a woman, and consequently the man’s request to be looked after by a male doctor could not be granted.

“We don’t believe that this is a case of discrimination. The man made it clear that he refused physical contact with women as a matter of principle. He said nothing about it being based on religious beliefs,” says Steigum to Budstikka.

“But would one expect that an educated physician would understand that religion was the reason behind the man’s refusal?”

“The doctor did not discuss the matter with the patient. She quickly decided that the man’s condition didn’t warrant immediate emergency medical care. She concluded that the patient could go and see his regular doctor the following day,” says Steigum.

As the leader of services, Steigum has the ultimate responsibility for the local emergency room. However, she cannot recollect that patients have refused physical contact at the emergency room on previous occasions.

“The biggest dilemmas arise in acute emergency situations. In the emergency room, personnel with different qualifications work together as a team and all issues are resolved on the basis of competence. We have to provide the necessary treatment immediately if it is a life-threatening situation. In such case we cannot always accommodate special the patients’ wishes,” says Steigum.

http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.nl/2012/1 ... ry-in.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ariel

Re: News from Norway

Post by Ariel »

Deadly ‘Diversity’ - Islam in Oslo

The neighborhood of Grønland in Oslo, Norway, is not terribly large. It’s on the east side of town, adjacent to central Oslo, and has traditionally been a place of working-class flats and unpretentious pubs. Ever since Norway began to be the destination of immigrants from the Muslim world, however, Grønland has been home to an increasing number of Muslim families and businesses. In recent years, furthermore, it has become an attractive residential area for young Norwegian singles and families, for many of whom part of the lure of living in this part of town was that they wanted to be part of a “multicultural” community. As a result of the influx of these these young people – including no small number of gays – a number of hip restaurants and cafes have sprung up in the area.
Of late, however, as the city’s Muslim population has boomed, Grønland has been undergoing a transition from a mixed neighborhood to an essentially Muslim one.
In an Aftenposten article in January 2010, Olga Stokke and Hilde Lundegaard cited one Grønland resident’s observation – which is consistent with my own and that of many of my friends and colleagues – that since 9/11 the neighborhood has taken a sharply negative turn. More women are wearing hijab, if not burkas; and there has been a rise in what the Aftenposten article’s headline called “[m]oral control in Oslo’s immigrant streets.” For example, a young social worker who was chowing down on a somosa one day on his way home from work through a Grønland street was confronted by two aggressive young men who demanded of him in a bullying tone: “Don’t you know it’s Ramadan? You should know better!”

Once upon a time, gays in Oslo thought of “multicultural” Grønland as gay-friendly. No more. In the fall of 2009, a gay couple walking in Grønland were kicked and yelled at by a man who told them that they were in a Muslim neighborhood where their kind was unwelcome.

This was not an isolated incident: as Stokke and Lundegaard wrote, “many others…experience an at least equally strong sense of control” in Grønland by self-appointed moral police. Muslim girls who would prefer not to wear hijab, for example, do so in Grønland simply to avoid being rebuked. The Aftenposten article quoted Fatima Tetouani, who when she moved in 2000 from Morocco to Oslo to live with her Norwegian husband, “expected a Western, open society.” “But Grønland is more Muslim than Morocco,” she told Aftenposten. “I had never seen a burka before I came here. And I had never experienced nasty looks if I ate or drank a cup of coffee during Ramadan.”
Tetouani’s son had been scheduled to attend a school where over 95 percent of the students were non-Norwegian speakers. She said no. “All the girls were covered. I felt like I was in a mosque. My son will not be bullied because he has a father who eats pork and is not circumcised.” Tetouani had worked at a local day-care center, where she heard an Algerian mother chastize her son for playing with Norwegian children: “You know they eat pork and are going to hell!” Tetouani’s verdict was blunt: “they are trying to take over this neighborhood.”
While Tetousani from Morocco was clear-eyed about what was going on in Grønland, Michael Hartmann from Bergen, after five years in the neighborhood, was still in something of a fog. The self-described anti-racist, who “moved to Grønland precisely in order to experience the cultural diversity,” was now being regularly tormented by his neighbors for being gay. This left him disillusioned; he feared being beat up. “I was very naïve when I came here,” he admitted. But somehow, it appeared, he still didn’t get it: “We can’t give up the diversity. As minorities we really should be standing together and helping one another.”

Hans Rustad, on his indispensable website, document.no, described the Aftenposten article as “pathbreaking,” and predicted that it would have repercussions in the offices of government, academia, and the culture generally.
But nothing has changed.

Cut to late 2011. While Oslo has been undergoing a wave of violent rapes, robberies in Grønland have been skyrocketing. A recent article in Aftenposten reported on this year’s 351st victim of a robbery in Grønland. Musician Sturla Nøstvik, reported Arild M. Jonassen, was on his way home from a late-night gig when a pistol was slammed against his forehead. Two men demanded his wallet and iPhone. Blinded by blood, the gun at his back, he was forced into an underground passageway, thorough a hole in a fence, and into a clump of bushes; along the way he was struck several times by his attackers, who in bad Norwegian and bad English demanded the pin codes to his bank cards, after which one of them went off to empty his accounts. They then threatened to kill him and his girlfriend if he reported them to the police; then they said that if he did report them, he should say they were not dark-skinned but white. Sturai, who is now blind in one eye, came to Oslo 14 years ago from a small town up north, and had always felt safe; now he hardly dares go out after dark.
This is a city which in living memory was one of the safest and most civilized urban centers on the planet. Now all is changed, changed utterly. This practice of dragging victims off the sidewalk, through fences, and into thickets or whatever while emptying their bank accounts is now commonplace, according to Oslo police. “We have lost the city,” Nøstvik was told by the officers who handled his case. The night he was attacked, they informed him, they had only two patrol cars out in all of downtown Oslo.

A few weeks back, the wave of rapes in Oslo inspired a torchlight rally and the formation of after-dark civilian patrols intended to make the streets safe for potential rape victims. But the rapes have continued. So have the robberies. Norwegians, like so many other Western Europeans, are up against a veritable army of culturally alien men living in their midst who have no scruples when it comes to raping native women or robbing native men. There is, after all, no crime – no shame – in attacking the infidel. The nature of the set of beliefs by means of which these perpetrators justify their violent offenses is perfectly clear. But the Norwegian response to these marauders is still, all too often, that of Michael Hartmann: “We can’t give up the diversity.” Unfortunately for them, the “diversity” to which they are so devoted involves seeking a modus vivendi with a brutal, inflexible ideology that has marked their own society, culture, and moral code for annihilation.

http://www.siotw.org/modules/news_engli ... itemid=658" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

:*) How funny.
The Taxi Jihad

Our Norwegian correspondent The Observer has translated an article about a passenger who missed a flight to Uganda because the Muslim taxi driver had to stop to pray on the way to the airport. The driver’s version of what happened differs somewhat from the passenger’s.

The translated article from Dagbladet (BI is ‘Norwegian Business School’):

BI professor missed his plane because taxi driver wanted to pray

“I was completely gob-smacked.”

On January 31, BI professor, Øystein Noreng was scheduled to fly to Uganda. He hailed a taxi to take him to Gardermoen (Oslo Airport), but en route the taxi driver pulled over onto the shoulder of the E6, stepped out of the car and started to pray. Because of the delay Noreng missed his flight, writes VG.

“I was absolutely gob-smacked. It was like a movie. The driver suddenly pulls over onto the shoulder of the road near Jessheim, opens up the trunk, takes out his prayer rug and puts on his prayer hat. He then rolls out the rug in front of the car and starts to pray. The prayer break lasted for ten minutes,” says Øystein Noreng to VG.

The driver, however, has a different version of events.

“I did my duty as a Muslim to Allah. The passenger informed me that he had to be dropped off at the airport before 0720. I told him that he could get another taxi, as I had to pray before sunrise and that sunrise would occur before we arrived at Gardermoen. I told him that I was going to make it before 0720. He was happy with that. We arrived at the airport at 0711.”

The prayer took no more than four or five minutes, says the taxi driver.

Noreng chose to pay for the trip when they arrived at the airport and ran into at the terminal. At the check in gate he was informed that check-in had closed two minutes ago.

“I was flying business class and was put on a later flight, but I had to fly via Istanbul. I was originally scheduled to arrive at 2300, but instead I arrived at 5 o’clock in the morning,” says Noreng.

The owner of the taxi told VG that this was the second time that this has happened with this particular driver and that the driver is no longer working for him anymore. He is still working for Oslo Taxi, but for a different taxi owner.

http://gatesofvienna.net/2013/02/the-ta ... more-27027" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Nothing to be surprised about. In Holland we have many Brotherhood Mosque , and it seems our government thinks that's normal.
A Muslim Brotherhood Mosque in Copenhagen?

Our Norwegian correspondent The Observer has translated an article from Rights.no about the new mosque being built in Copenhagen.

The translator includes this note:

It turns out that Qatar is backing the project with DK 100 million.

The final paragraph in this article refers to the mosque in Tromsø which was stopped — believe it or not, by Norwegian Foreign Minister Jonas Gahr Støre — with the argument that as long as churches can’t be built in Saudi Arabia, the Saudis can’t expect to build mosques in Norway.

The translated article:

The Islamic Council is financially supported by Qatar

One of the world’s two Wahhabi states, Qatar, is financially backing a large mosque in Copenhagen together with the Danish Islamic Council.

It is a known fact that the Danish Islamic Council is a wing of the Muslim Brotherhood. There is little doubt that there also exist close ties between the Muslim Brotherhood and Norwegian central Islamic authority. We should thus be prepared to see Qatar make similar advances in Norway in partnership with well-known actors here.

Qatar has put DK 100 million on the table to mark its ideology in our ancient capital Copenhagen. One simply doesn’t do things like that without expecting something in return. In this particular context it’s about strengthening Wahhabism in Scandinavia, which is the ideological basis for terror regimes in Saudi Arabia and Qatar. The fact that Danish politicians turn their backs and pretend that they don’t understand what’s going on, or simply hope that dialogue can change the mindset on the inside of the mosque, is hard to fathom.

This is like giving an arsonist matches.

The Danish Islamic Council (DIR), an affiliate of the Islamic Council of Norway (IRN), is behind the project. It is also a known fact in Denmark that DIR is the Brotherhood’s offshoot on Danish soil. It has not been directly proven that IRN goes hand in hand with the Brotherhood, but I would find it quite surprising if this weren’t the case here too. One particular event is consistent with such a theory: IRN has appointed a new leader, Mohammed Bouras. This leader is from the Islamic Association, headed by Basim Ghozlan, who has Yusuf al-Qaradawi as its leading ideological role model. For many years Qaradawi has been the chief ideologist of the Brotherhood, which has played a pivotal role in the Islamization of the Middle East after the uprisings began two years ago.

That the grand mosque north of Copenhagen, equipped with 20-meter high minarets, will become an extremist bridgehead for Qatar is self evident, according to Den Korte Avis [Danish news site].

Our readers have probably not forgotten the infamous attempt by Saudi Arabia, through their friends in Tromsø who operate the Alnormoskeen to convert Sandra Maryam Moe, but that was stopped not least because of the journalists in Nordlys who did their homework.

http://gatesofvienna.net/2013/04/a-musl ... more-28067" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Death threats for lesbian Somali-Norwegian

Somali-Norwegian author Amal Aden has received more than 146 threatening messages after taking part in the Oslo Pride Parade this weekend. Recounting her ordeal, the lesbian activist said many Norwegians could not imagine the perceived tension of being Muslim and gay.

"On Sunday morning, I woke up to find 146 threats on my phone, either phone messages or SMS," Aden wrote on Wednesday in a column in the Aftenposten newspaper.

"I'm lesbian, Muslim and Somali - it is not a simple combination," she added.

"It can be difficult for ethnic Norwegians to understand how difficult and painful it can be to be both Muslim and for gay rights."

Many of the messages left of Aden's phone accused her of being a bad role model for Norwegian Muslim children. Aden does not, however, regret taking part in Saturday's Oslo Pride Parade and said she was already used to the threats.

"The threats started coming as soon as I came out as a lesbian. People have spit at me, thrown things at me, and threatened to kill me," she said.

"I've spent many nights awake in despair over how my sexual orientation could create so much hatred."

Some 12,000 people partook in the parade, led by Culture Minister Hadia Tajik alongside Development Minister Heiki Holmås and Mayor Stian Berger Røsland.

http://www.thelocal.no/20130703/death-t ... bt-rainbow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
She is a bad role model for Norwegian Muslim children. Of course. Norwegian Muslim children can better look up to jihadi's who are fighting in Syria. :heh: They are much better role models.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Woman tumbles from Bergen hotel window.

Like in Sweden, defenestraties ( I do not know the English word but it means throwing people out of the window) are populair in Norway. Newspapers don't speak about it, because we must not put Muslims in a bad light, and because it is so difficult to prove that it is a case of honor killing, so we better not speak about it at all , so that we can pretend it did not happen.

Anyway...This case was mentioned in a newspaper. What religion this woman belongs to we may guess.
Norwegian police have detained a man in Bergen after a woman fell from a window on the third floor of a hotel, despite attempts to cling on to the curtains, in the early hours of Thursday morning.

The police received a call at 5.25am from a person who had heard a woman call for help.
"It turned out that she had fallen from the third floor. The woman was sent to Haukeland university hospital, but we have been told that she is not seriously injured," police spokesman Preben Wallestad told the NTB news agency.

"We have detained a man who is in this thirties. He had access to the hotel room from where she fell, so we are investigating the incident further," Wallestad said.

The NRK network reported that witnesses saw the woman hanging out of the window clutching the curtain before she fell. Another witness said a man was seen running from the scene, information that the police declined to comment on.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

The Rise of European Islamo-Fascist Police

Here’s another Arabic word that both you and I would prefer not to have to know but probably should: mutaween. It means “religious police” or “morality police.” In Saudi Arabia it’s an officially constituted entity whose officers are fully empowered to arrest and punish anyone who violates sharia law – which, of course, can mean anything from committing various sexual acts to being caught taking a sip of water during Ramadan. The Saudi morality police made international headlines in March 2002 when they physically prevented dozens of girls from escaping a burning school in Mecca because they weren’t properly covered.

After that horrific incident, which resulted in fifteen deaths, people around the world congratulated themselves on not living in such a backward culture. And yet the Islamic morality police, far from being confined to Saudi Arabia – or even to the Muslim world – are an increasing presence in Europe and elsewhere.

To be sure, Islam’s moral cops in the Western world aren’t officially sanctioned. They aren’t even necessarily an organized force; many, if not most, of them are self-appointed monitors of public morality. And compared to their counterparts in Saudi Arabia, and Iran, and the Gaza Strip, they’re amateurs. But hey, you’ve got to start somewhere. Given time, and given enough leash by the real police and others in positions of public trust who prefer to look away from this deplorable state of affairs, these amateurs will increasingly resemble their Saudi models. In the meantime, they already wield real power. Authentic refugees from the Muslim world – non-Muslims or secular Muslims who fled to the West precisely to avoid such surveillance and control – are very aware of that power. So are an increasing number of natives of Western countries who live in largely Muslim neighborhoods – and who are increasingly being reminded that their ways of life conspicuously violate sharia strictures.

Consider the situation in Oslo, where things are bad, though not quite as severe (yet) as in many other European cities. Zahid Ali, an actor and stand-up comic, recalled in a 2010 interview that he’d been living with Oslo’s morality police for twenty years, ever since his early teens. “If he smoked on the street in Oslo,” reported NRK, “his mother, father, uncles, and aunts know about it before he got home” – because the news had been passed to them via Pakistani cab, bus, and tram drivers, a class of people whom Ali described as the “largest intelligence service” in Norway. Ali, now a familiar face on Norwegian television, said that members of the morality police in the heavily Muslim neighborhood of Grønland now routinely stopped him on the street to tell him: “I don’t like what you’re doing! I hate you! I’m going to kill you!” The threats, which he said had grown steadily worse over the previous five or six years, were usually delivered in Punjabi, and when Ali replied in Norwegian, his tormentors grew even angrier. (“If I answer in their language,” he explained, it means that “I’ve accepted their culture, accepted that they’re right.”) Ali said he took the threats seriously enough to avoid Grønland whenever possible.

It was also in 2010 that thirty gays held a group walk across Grønland in defiance of the burgeoning presence of morality police there. One of the participants told a reporter that several of his gay friends who lived in Grønland had been “knocked down right outside their homes” by the enforcers of sharia. The point of the walk was to demonstrate that “many different people with various religions and sexual orientations can live together.” Alas, it takes more than a single stroll through Muslim streets to crush the morality cops’ power. In a June 2012 article, Somali-Norwegian writer Amal Aden reported that the cops had in fact spread beyond the capital to other Norwegian cities, including Kristiansand. And last October, Erik Torset, a gay man, and Jean Jacobsen, a transsexual, both of whom live in the heavily Islamic Oslo neighborhood of Tøyen, complained that Muslims who used to just taunt them and their friends were now attacking them physically. Muslims had thrown stones at Jacobsen; Torset, for his part, had ended up on crutches after a shop sign was torn loose and flung at his legs. Everyone in Oslo knows that the city’s Muslim neighborhoods are dicey territory for infidels, especially gays, but the head of Norway’s gay-rights organization told Aftenposten that (surprise!) he had no reason to believe that gay-bashings occur more frequently in Muslim areas than in other parts of town. Jacobsen, however, can’t afford to stick her head in the sand: she said she was considering moving out of Tøyen. This is how a neighborhood becomes a Muslim enclave, a no-go zone, a sharia realm – one assault, and one move, at a time.

In last Friday’s Aftenposten, the subject of the morality police surfaced yet again. This time we were introduced to Erfan Tarin and Bahar Shekari, a non-religious Kurdish couple from Iran who endure daily harassment at the hands of their Muslim neighbors. One day, Shekari was out shopping when an elderly woman in hijab spit on her, saying: “What kind of clothes are those? We’re Muslims. You can’t go around dressed like that!” Another day Shekari was at a playground with her daughters, aged two and three, who were in summer dresses, when another old bat came over and explained that the girls should be covered. “Every time I go to the mall I just look down at the ground and walk very fast,” Shekari told Aftenposten. “I don’t feel safe there.” The couple moved recently from Tøyen to another Oslo neighborhood, Furuset, hoping things would get better, but instead they just got worse. Now they’re considering leaving the city entirely.

Norwegian newspaper articles on this topic are, needless to say, never complete without a comment or two from folks in authority eager to make light of the problem. Anne Myhrvold, principal of one of Oslo’s growing number of majority-Muslim schools (fewer than 4% of the kids have Norwegian as a mother tongue), said she’d heard about students being criticized for not wearing hijab, but she took the line that this is no different than being called fat or whatever. Lena Larsen, a convert to Islam who used to head the Islamic Council of Norway and is now at the University of Oslo (where else?), also dismissed the situation, insisting that it goes both ways – non-Muslims, after all, often cast suspicious looks at veiled women. (The difference, naturally, is that I have yet to hear of non-Muslims throwing rocks or shop signs at captives of hijab.)

Larsen isn’t alone in drawing a moral equivalence between Muslim morality police and non-Muslims who chafe at the sight of garments that betoken subservience. A couple of years back, Norwegian anthropologist Lorenz Khazaleh responded on his blog to some of the above-cited news stories. Contending that “it’s wrong to link social control and harassment to ‘foreign cultures’ or ‘Muslims’” – and especially wrong to paint a picture in which white Norwegians (Allah forbid) occupy the moral high ground – Khazaleh underscored the fact that “social control exists in every society.” In Norway’s small towns, for instance, “networks of old women” keep an eye on how local girls dress and behave. Then there’s the “white feminists who criticize Muslim girls’ dress code.” (Hmm…which feminists would those be?) Khazaleh seconded an inane observation by writer Erling Lae, who complained that since Norwegian pastors aren’t held responsible for their parishioners’ foolishness, why should imams be? And Khazaleh congratulated a noted sociologist for “remind[ing] us that the morality police have their good side” – for example, Christie argued, it’s good for an adult to stop a child he doesn’t know from crossing at a red light. (As if this be compared to threatening a comedian with death!)

The other day, noting Aftenposten‘s renewed attention to the morality police, Hege Storhaug of Human Rights Service pointed out that that newspaper’s editors have consistently rejected, and even mocked, her own organization’s efforts to persuade the government to address this grim challenge in a constructive, assertive way. There’s no surprise in that contradiction. The fact is that morality-police stories make such good copy that your average Norwegian newspaper editor can’t bring himself not to run them – but, at the same time, his own cultural-elite politics, his reflexive need to stand with Islam against the odious “Islam-haters,” compels him to oppose any serious attempt to put a stop to this supreme example of creeping sharia.

And so the problem worsens by the year, and the media continue to exploit it to sell papers – even as they routinely ridicule and demonize those who actually want to do something about it. It doesn’t take a genius to see where all this will lead in the long run; on the contrary, it takes a fool to not see it – or to refuse to. Unfortunately, the fate of Norway – and of most of its Western European neighbors – is, at present, to a dispiriting extent, in the hands of fools of the first water.

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/bruce-bawe ... lity-cops/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

manfred

Post by manfred »

( I do not know the English word but it means throwing people out of the window)
We have "defenestration", usually referring to something that happened in Prague in the 16 hundreds. It s an uncommon words, and many people would not know what it means.
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Oslo’s Epidemic of Rape

Back in May it was reported that every rape assault in the city of Oslo in the last five years had been committed by a person with a “non-Western” background – a Norwegian euphemism for Muslim. Now it turns out that there have already been twice as many rape assaults in Oslo so far this year as there were in all of 2010. At least one member of Parliament, André Oktay Dahl of the Conservative Party, calls the situation “critical” and is brave enough to acknowledge that many of the perpetrators come from cultures “with a reprehensible attitude toward women.”

The Conservative Party has proposed several measures to combat what is being described as a rape epidemic: more money for the police; more police in the streets and doing investigations; faster results from DNA tests; the introduction of volunteer auxiliary police. There is something to be said for these proposals. Policing in Norway is a scandal. This summer it was reported that police departments all over Norway were so short-handed that they were unequipped to deal with the armies of drunks staggering home from bars on weekends after closing time. It was also reported that only fourteen of 430 new graduates of Norway’s police academy had been offered jobs.

The scandalous fact is that Norway, for all its wealth, has chosen not to invest overmuch in law and order. The very idea is simply too reactionary-sounding for the ’68-ers and their heirs in the political and bureaucratic corridors of power. As I wrote elsewhere a few months ago, “Norway wastes millions of kroner ever year on ‘development aid’ that ends up largely in the pockets of corrupt African dictators; it pours millions more into the pockets of non-Western immigrants who have become masters at exploiting the welfare system; for heaven’s sake, the Norwegian government even funds anarchists. It’s not entirely misguided for a Norwegian citizen to feel that his tax money is going less to fight the crime that threatens his home, his self, and his business than to support criminals.”

So Norway needs more cops – there’s no question about that. At the same time, beefing up the police force wouldn’t even begin to address the problem that’s at the root of the country’s growing rape crisis: the presence in Norway, and especially in Oslo, of ever-growing numbers of people who have nothing but contempt for Western culture, who have absolutely no concept of respect for members of religions other than their own, and who have been brought up on the idea that women who dare to walk the street alone and without veils covering their faces deserve to be violated.

Not so very many years ago, Oslo was virtually a rape-free city, inhabited by people who had been brought up on civilized notions of mutual respect and tolerance. No longer. Over the years, the incidence of rape has risen steadily. A wildly disproportionate number of the perpetrators are “rejected asylum seekers” – which may sound puzzling unless you are aware of the perverse state of affairs whereby even persons officially rejected for asylum in Norway are still allowed to stay. And the increasing temerity of the rapists – who know very well that they will probably not be caught, and, if caught, will not be severely punished – is reflected in the fact that the most recent rape (in which two men assaulted a 21-year-old woman) took place virtually in the backyard of the Royal Palace.

Oslo is, of course, not alone in having undergone this cultural sea change: many major cities in Western Europe have experienced similar transformations. Yet it now appears that the incidence of rapes in Oslo has now eclipsed that in the other two Scandinavian capitals, Stockholm and Copenhagen. This is quite an achievement, given that Oslo has traditionally been the smallest and sleepiest of these three cities – the least cosmopolitan, the one that feels more like a safe small town than a European capital. In fact, it turns out that the incidence of rape in Copenhagen has been on the decline. It is perhaps not entirely coincidental that Denmark, for the last decade, has also been the country with the most sensible immigration and integration policies in Western Europe. (Nor is it coincidental that the other Scandinavian capitals have twice as many police per inhabitant as Oslo does.)

A glimpse of the official mentality that makes this steady rise in rape statistics possible was provided in an article that appeared in the Norwegian daily Dagbladet on October 25. It appears that in the summer of last year, the same paper ran a story about Abdi, a Somali immigrant, then 24 years old, who since coming to Norway as an asylum seeker had committed 14 robberies, been incarcerated, become a narcotic, and lived on welfare. On June 3, 2010, Dagbladet reported, an Oslo court had ruled that Abdi, who is not a Norwegian citizen, should be returned to Somalia. Now, however, that ruling has been overturned by an appeals court. Abdi’s lawyer was jubilant, saying that this decision “is important for many Somalis in this country.” (Of all immigrant groups in Norway, Somalis are among those with the lowest employment and highest crime rates.) The lawyer chided Norway for having shown “an ugly face in this case” by planning to return her client to Somalia, but she expressed hope that given the new decision Norway would “change its practice” – presumably meaning that no amount of unsavory activity would make it possible to kick an immigrant out.

The appeals court’s basis for its decision to let Abdi stay in Norway was that it might be dangerous for him to live in Somalia. Whether letting him stay in Norway might make life dangerous for Norwegians didn’t seem to enter into the court’s calculus. It’s not only the courts, to be sure, that are at fault in this sort of situation. In such cases, the media almost invariably step in and bombard the public with shameless propaganda designed to stir up sympathy for the miscreant in question. So it was with the Dagbladet article the other day, which sought to present Abdi as repentant, reformed, and reflective – indeed, almost sagacious and saintly. He was represented as having claimed that he has turned over a new leaf and that he now wants to help wayward immigrant kids to straighten out. He also supposedly said that he wants to study to be a sociologist (which, the more one thinks about it, sounds potentially even more dangerous than if he decided to persevere in his life of crime).

So it goes in Norway in the year 2011. Oslo is undergoing a rape crisis. There is a good deal of chatter about it and many proposals and counter-proposals for solutions. But until the authorities begin to take the welfare of law-abiding citizens as seriously as they take the welfare of criminal foreigners, the problem will only grow worse.

http://frontpagemag.com/2011/bruce-bawe ... c-of-rape/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

The Average Somali Immigrant Costs Norwegian Taxpayers More Than 1 Million Euros

Posted by Cheradenine Zakalwe

According to Finanzavisen [a newspaper], an average Somali and their descendants costs 9 million kroner net. [1.123 million euros]

The figure assumes that his or her child is perfectly integrated in Norway. The paper emphasises that this is an average figure and that Somalis, like everyone else, have large individual differences among themselves.

Of the non-western immigrants, Tamils ​​from civil war-torn Sri Lanka come off best. Because of their participation in the workplace, the cost is only 1 million.

Finanzavisen notes the major differences between the neighboring countries of India and Pakistan. An average Indian who settles in Norway generates a cost for the state of 1.6 million kroner.

A Pakistani costs the equivalent of 5.1 million.

"You do not have to be a rocket scientist to understand that it costs money to take people from war-ravaged country without a state, without schools, without a functioning government. Therefore, it is very worrisome that FinansAvisen and FRP [Progress Party] are at the forefront of depicting Somalis as so expensive," says Children, Equality and Social Inclusion Minister Inga Marte Thorkildsen (SV) to ABC News.

"How does it make a Somali child feel, reading these articles again and again, saying you are actually unprofitable, you are a burden on society, costing too much?" she asks.

- Do you have any financial limit on how many immigrants Norway can accept?

"The starting point must be human rights obligations. Today there are Somalis who are fleeing from war. We have no guarantee that our descendants will not need a safe haven."

"We must play our part and we are the richest country in the world. Instead of putting price tags on people and putting people into profitability categories, we should be discussing how we can ensure that people are integrated as quickly as possible, get work and become taxpayers," says Thorkildsen.
Source: abcnyheter.no
And, of course, the children of Somalis won't be perfectly integrated so the actual cost will be far higher.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Nordic anger over immigration fuels populist vote

From spats over halal meat in Danish schools to asylum seekers in Sweden, anger about immigration has fuelled the march of populist parties across Nordic countries, leading one such group to the brink of government in prosperous Norway.

The anti-tax and anti-immigration Progress Party, which once had among its members mass killer Anders Behring Breivik, won 16 percent of votes on Monday and could be kingmaker in a new center-right coalition after eight years of center-left rule.

Its strength reflects both worries about an influx into the Nordics of asylum seekers from countries like Syria and economic migrants from Spain, as well as disenchantment with mainstream parties that have dominated the political landscape for decades.

"We'll ensure a solid footprint in a new government," Progress leader Siv Jensen said. "We have reason to celebrate."

Even without entering government, right-wing populists have managed to toughen public policies ranging from immigration to euro zone bailouts, drag political debate to the right and become a permanent feature of the parliamentary landscape.

The backlash has surfaced even though Nordic economies have outperformed languishing southern European countries. Their success has attracted thousands of "euro refugees", vying for scarce jobs as their home states endure grinding austerity.

Economic conditions may be different, but many voters around Europe share the same perception that the established parties are out of touch with ordinary people and their concerns.

From Greece to France and the Netherlands, unemployment and economic grievances have combined with suspicion of European integration, Islam and multiculturalism, to propel both the far right and far left.

In Italy, the grassroots 5-Star Movement, born of disgust at the entire political establishment, surged to prominence in a general election in February. Britain's UK Independence Party has gained ground and spooked mainstream politicians by harnessing an anti-EU platform with hostility to immigration.

BACK FROM THE SIDELINES

Breivik's killing of 77 people in Norway in 2011 initially set back hard right parties in the Nordics.

But the Danish People's Party now has the support of nearly one in six voters. The anti-immigrant Sweden Democrats have almost doubled their support since the last general election to touch 10 percent, and Finland's opposition Finns party stands second in opinion polls with 19 percent support.

Populist groups are nowhere near winning an election and the majority of Nordic voters still express tolerance to immigrants. But any of these parties could secure the balance of power and hold a coalition government hostage on issues like immigration.

Consensus around the post-war Nordic model of high taxes and generous welfare was long sustained by a homogenous society. But immigration, global competition and fear for jobs have put that ideal of equality based on civic trust under strain.

"There exist groups that don't feel this trust," said Swedish Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt. "These people as voters are more easily seduced by populist forces seeking short-sighted answers and which often are more or less hostile to immigrants."

Rising immigration has been coupled with economic troubles that have seen iconic Nordic companies such as Ericsson and Nokia shed jobs. Worries about the affordability of welfare have put the once taboo subject of immigration high on the agenda.

The nightmare for mainstream Nordic parties would be the experience of Denmark's last government, when an anti-immigrant party held the balance of power and pushed for tighter border controls that fuelled tension with European neighbors.

Under Denmark's current center-left government, immigration had faded as an issue until controversy surfaced when it was discovered that halal meat, slaughtered under Muslim dietary laws, was being served routinely at schools and hospitals - raising protests by anti-Islam groups.

Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt waded into the debate - earning the nickname "meatball Helle' after calling for voluntary labeling of halal meat but also urging that traditional Danish food including pork dishes be served.

The construction of a mosque in Copenhagen sparked accusations from the Danish People's Party that it was being used for radical Islamist groups.

In Sweden, immigration has become part of the mainstream debate in a country where 15 percent of people are foreign-born, the highest rate in the Nordics. Riots in poor immigrant suburbs of Stockholm in May led to further debate about how Sweden was integrating its immigrants.

"Immigration is questioned by pretty considerable portions of the populace," said Folke Johansson, a professor of political science at Sweden's Gothenburg University. "It's largely been taboo to discuss these issues, and therefore other mainstream parties haven't been able to discuss it. It was really an open goal once they (anti-immigration parties) arrived on the scene."

In Finland, the Finns party, whose anti-euro rhetoric struck a chord with voters in 2011, when they finished a close third in parliamentary elections, aims to join the next government.

Formerly known as True Finns, The Finns leapt to prominence during the euro zone debt crisis by opposing bailouts for troubled countries. They effectively forced the government to demand collateral in exchange for helping Greece and Spain.

Calling themselves a "nationalistic and center-left working class party", the Finns would curb immigration by trimming immigrant social benefits and adjusting refugee quotas to Finland's financial situation.

These parties have benefited from media-savvy leaders. The Sweden Democrats' Jimmie Akesson, whose aim is to reduce immigration by 90 percent, wears a suit and as a lawmaker has changed the party's former image of street ruffians.

Populists are expected to poll strongly in many countries in European Parliament elections next May, surfing a wave of Euroscepticism due to the financial and economic crisis.

But analysts say these Nordic parties may have hit a ceiling in national elections and are facing greater pushback even as they complicate coalition politics around the region.

Hundreds of Swedish women posted photographs of themselves with headscarves across social media this year to protest an attack on a Muslim woman in Stockholm who was wearing a veil.

Community leaders worry about aggressive rhetoric against migrants, and there have been other attacks. But violent incidents in Nordic countries have been isolated compared with, for example, far right attacks on migrants in Greece.

Reinfeldt's government recently made headlines by giving Syrians an automatic right of residence.

Support for Norway's Progress is actually down from 22 percent at the last election four years ago, although the parliamentary arithmetic gives it more leverage.

"The way Progress communicates is somewhat old fashioned and a bit cheesy," said Daniel Gaim, 37, a teacher. "But when it comes to real policy, they don't differ much from other parties. I'm not very concerned about giving them a bigger influence."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/ ... 9820130910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Progress Islam attack hurts Norway party talks

One of the Progress Party's most controversial figures has warned that Norway's immigration policy threatens to destroy the country's culture, putting the party's coalition negotiations under new strain.

Christian Tybring-Gjedde, who heads the party in Oslo, refused to renounce the phrase "creeping Islamization", which was used by party leader Siv Jensen in 2009.

"Creeping or not, it is Islamization that I totally renounce," Tybring-Gjedde said. "If it is the phrase 'creeping islamisation' that they do not like, we can call it 'adaptation to Islamic culture based on Sharia law.' Maybe those are words that will make it more acceptable for the Christian Democrats to talk to us."

The statements, which came after the party has strongly lobbied foreign media not to describe it as anti-immigrant, anti-Islam or populist, provoked an immediate response from the Christian Democrats and the Liberal Party, which are in coalition negotiations with Progress over forming the next government.

"It is sad that Tybring-Gjedde still uses such words and leaves Progress mired in such rhetoric, after deputy leader Ketil Solvik-Olsen tried to clean up this mess," the party's immigration spokesman Geir Bekkevold told Aftenposten.

He said that the rhetoric would make it difficult for the Christian Democrats to enter a coalition with Progress.

"When I see statements such as today's, I see that there is a huge distance," he said.

Meanwhile Abid Raja from the Liberal Party, which is also part of the the coalition talks, said that Tybring-Gjedde's statement backed up his claim in a 2006 article that many Progress Party politicians were "steeped in hatred for immigrants, foreigners and refugees.".

"Some are simply crazy racists. It's time to call a spade a spade," he wrote.

The problem, he said, was that Progress Party moderates, such as Solvik-Olsen share the party with extreme figures such as Tybring-Gjedde.

http://www.thelocal.no/20130920/progres ... ks-at-risk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Labour warns on asylum child amnesty. How sensible....It is not only the kids you grant amnesty, but also their family.
Norway's outgoing Labour government has warned the incoming Conservative-led administration against granting a one-off amnesty to the roughly thousand asylum-seeker children who face being sent back to their parents' home countries.

Both the Christian Democrats and the Liberal Party are pushing for the amnesty as part of coalition talks with the Conservative Party over forming the new government.

If they succeed, it would be a major symbolic victory for them in the ongoing coalition talks, making it easier for them to justify partnering with the anti-immigrant Progress party.

But Paul Lønseth, Labour's state secretary in the Ministry of Justice warned that such a move would send "a negative signal to the outside world", in an article published on Thursday in the Vårt Land newspaper.

He pointed out that in Solberg had granted a group of children asylum when she was Minister for Local Government in 2004.

"Solberg stressed at the time that the special treatment was a one-off event. She should remember this now," he wrote.

The children have become a cause célèbre in Norway in recent years.

http://www.thelocal.no/20130919/labour- ... ld-amnesty" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

The new Norway government will increase the use of 'asylum prisons'. But that is a bad thing to do says Ann-Magrit Austenå who heads the Norwegian organisation for Asylum seekers . She says that a proposal to establish 'return centres' for those who have had their asylum applications refused "looked scary".
"What it opens up is a much-wider use of detention in Norway, " she told The Local. "I think there's a danger of establishing a practice where Norway will use detention more often than if Progress party wasn't in government. I'm afraid of that. That's why I'm trying to ring the alarm."

The proposal is one of several measures to tighten control of immigration included in the agreement Norway's Conservative and Progress parties, who are likely to form the new government, announced on Monday night. The deal was signed with the Liberal and Christian Democrat parties, who have decided not to join the coalition, in order to bind in their support for certain measures.

The parties propose to split Norway's existing reception seekers into ones for people who have had their applications accepted, who will prepared to enter Norwegian society, and ones for people who have been refused, who will receive no training.

As a result, Austenå expects the number of detention centres to increase dramatically.

"They want more detention centres around the country and not only Trandum, which is today the only detention centre in Norway for foreigners."

She said that the two parties did not need to change the law to do this, and would instead rely on agreeing new guidelines based reinterpretation of the existing legislation.

Austenå is one of several campaigners who worry publicly about how the inclusion in government of the populist Progress Party, which has a strong anti-immigration stance, will affect policy.

Rune Berglund Steen, who heads Norway's Centre against Racism, said that he was relieved by the party deal.

"I expected that the Progress Party would have achieved more. Of course there are things we don't like, but I think this is a fairly soft result," he told The Local. "The Progress Party have been able to put their footprint on it a little, but I would have expected worse."

Austenå also criticised a proposal in the four-party deal to insist that men or women who have successfully immigrated must wait until they are 24 years old before they can bring over their spouses and families, saying this would only add to the trauma faced by refugees.

"They will have to wait for years to get their families here, it's dramatic. We know that many of them need the stability of the family can provide," she said.

Meanwhile, campaigners pointed out that the small print of a much heralded amnesty for the children of failed asylum seekers meant that children from many countries would be excluded.

http://www.thelocal.no/20131002/new-nor ... um-prisons" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Leading the revolution in Gaza...from Lillehammer

It may seem an unlikely spring-bed for a revolution, but a Norwegian-Palestinian based in Lillehammer is leading a huge demonstration aimed at toppling the government in the Gaza strip.

Film-maker Iyad Aburok is spokesman for Palestinian 'Tamarod', meaning rebellion, which is planning a demonstration in Gaza on November 11.

The group is protesting government run by Hamas, the Islamic political group, which has held power since 2007, when it broke
it ties with the Fatah-led Palestinian National Authority.

"We are trying to bring about a large street demonstration to demand free parliamentary and presidential elections in the Gaza Strip," he told Aftenposten newspaper.

The Tamarod movement, which has 70,000 followers on Facebook, is modelled on the Egyptian grassroots movement of the same name, which was one of the leading groups in the demonstrations that toppled former President Mohammed Mursi in 2011.

The 35-year-old, who came to Norway four years ago, a long-term critic of Hamas, said that critics of the government have been jailed in recent years.

"They saw what happened to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, and fear that the same will happen in Gaza," he said.

The 35-year-old believes it is too dangerous for him to personally join the protest, and is instead acting as spokesman for Tamarod from Lillehammer.

"The reason I was chosen to advocate for Tamarod is that I live safely in Norway," he told Aftenposten. "There are two other leading members, but they are in Gaza and must remain in hiding".

http://www.thelocal.no/20131003/leading ... illehammer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Missing Norway Islamist found in Pakistan jail

Arfan Bhatti, the Norwegian gangster turned Islamist, has been tracked down to a prison in Pakistan.

The 36-year-old, who was found by a reporter from Norway's TV2 channel, disappeared on January 7 2013 on a visit to Pakistan, leading to speculation he had been seized by Pakistan's intelligence services.

He told TV2 he had been sentenced to six years for violating the Frontier Crime law, which governs the country's tribal areas, but that he was refusing to seek assistance from Norwegian authorities.

"According to Sharia law, I can not receive help from infidels. Therefore, I have not called or sought to involve them," he told TV2.

Bhatti, who has Pakistani parents, was born and brought up in Oslo, where he joined the Young Guns gang in the early 1990s. He later became an extreme Islamist, and was jailed for his role in shots fired at an Oslo synagogue in 2006. He is considered one of the leading figures in the extreme Islamist group Ansar Al-Islam.

http://www.thelocal.no/20131007/missing ... istan-jail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He did not want help from the infidel. Great. I like that, but how about taken money from the infidel Bhatti ? :nono1:

And, the Norwegians are so friendly. They write about the Young Guns gang as if they are a group of friendly Norwegian kids, but alas...The members of those gangs are not Norwegian but they are from Pakistan, so this boy has always been a muslim gangster like his leader Mohammed the first.

Ibn Rushd

Post by Ibn Rushd »

His country's first leader, also didn't accept infidel help on his deathbed.
There is no Master but the Master, and QT-1 is his Prophet.

Asimov's robot story "Reason"

pr126

Post by pr126 »

Christian Democrat wants Muslims in party
"We should not just be a party for Christians but also for Muslims," Emil André Erstad (22), told Dagsavisen."I will work to bring more Muslim members into the party and to get them elected, because the party needs it."
Erstad, who is standing for election at next week's party congress, said he was wanted to exploit the recent decision of the party to end the requirement that all party officials must be Christian believers.
He said the party should follow the Labour Party, whose youth wing has successfully recruited many young people with ethnic minority backgrounds
Be careful what you wish for...
Islam: an idea to kill and die for.