The true role of women in Islam.

The rights of, or lack thereof, and problems faced by women in Islam
redjupiter58

The true role of women in Islam.

Post by redjupiter58 »

http://vodpod.com/watch/716955-biograph ... gandaislam" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Watch this video, notice how they skip certain events.... I am sure you will find out when you watch and if you know the history of Islam and the expansion.

Ibn Rushd

Re: The true role of women in Islam.

Post by Ibn Rushd »

Seems to be the same kind of nonsense that was in the PBS Empires' series. History channel too is going that way with this video.

As for some of the comments in it (I only watched 2 mins, it was so stupid), that women were given rights to life (what does this mean? ), education, inheritance, etc. This is garbage. They repeat the same old wife's tale about female infanticide which no one has found any proof of in Arab societies. I have found this in the law codes and some Christian sermons in the Greek milieu of Israel in the 5th century, and in the Visigothic Code in the 6th century. We know also from India and China that it was practiced but I doubt it was in Arabia.

For education, that didn't mean what we mean: science, math, literature, history, philosophy, engineering, linguistics, etc. It meant understanding your job in the religion: in this case, making babies and obeying your husband.

As for inheritance, Yeez posted a link to an article comparing Jewish and Islamic inheritance laws from the Bible, Talmud, and Qur'an and one is forced to conclude that women had better inheritances in Judaism than Islam since in the case of a daughter and no sons, she got 100%, whereas in Islam she would get something small like 25% or 10% and the rest goes to his brothers and parents. Even if there were sons, she would be ensured an inheritance through the ketubah from her husband and her father (in his to the daughter's mother).
There is no Master but the Master, and QT-1 is his Prophet.

Asimov's robot story "Reason"