Bought Wife In Turkey

Here you can discuss anything that you may find thought provoking, which does not fit in any other category.
Ansar al-Zindiqi

Bought Wife In Turkey

Post by Ansar al-Zindiqi »

The case of a Rumanian girl named Rebecca Ellenbogen was decided by a judge in New York City in 1920. I have searched far and wide to find out more about this case but while her name is fairly common the name of her owner, Alexander Alhadoff, is not seen anymore in any records I've been able to search. Nonetheless it is a curious case that we can't afford to ignore. Even if the outcome is unknown.
Don't be a believer but a heretic unto yourself.

Takeiteasynow

Re: Bought Wife In Turkey

Post by Takeiteasynow »

Interesting case. Rebecca is of course much more then a simple Romanian girl. Her family name is of German-Jewish origin, from Middle High German elenboge, first attested in Swabia.

Her ancestors were probably so called 'Volksdeutsche' who migrated into Transsylvania around the 17th or 18th century, to escape antisemitism. In the 19th century a German community erupted in Istanbul - which may have attracted 'Volksdeutsche' from Romania.
Abraham= H'ammu'rab(b)i, Historical Muhammad=Benjamin of Tiberias. Islam: Syncretic Israelite Yahwishm Deity: nameless, epithets Dsr, El Qutbay, ʼAlâhâ, Allāh. Ka'ba: Kutha => Samaria => Petra=> Makkah. Hijrah 622: Petra => Kerak