Tommy Robinson

Here you can discuss anything that you may find thought provoking, which does not fit in any other category.
Fernando

Re: Tommy Robinson

Post by Fernando »

I thought I'd see what the USA version of Google news had to say. But Google insists on diverting me to its UK version.
Until recently, I often got the USA site accidentally and had to scroll through dozens of countries to get the UK site. No more. Is this an unintended - or intended - consequence of the EU's GDPR?
I'm beginning to think I'll need to use a VPN, if the censorship is getting that bad. Google is evidently using IP addresses to keep people away from the USA site.
EDIT
If you go to startpage.com and search on google news, you get links to both UK and USA sites. You can then go, via their proxy, to the .com site. You then see what appears to be the top of the USA page. However, the moment you try to scroll down (or maybe just if you wait) you get bounced straight back to startpage.com.
So it looks like a VPN or nothing if you want to browse news.google.com from Europe.
Last edited by Fernando on Mon May 28, 2018 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Ariel wrote:The police lied to his layer.

I hope she recorded it.
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

During the FreeTommy protest at Downing Street on Saturday, some may of noticed the ‘Chinook’ that flew over it. Allegedly it was carrying SAS special forces that were deployed to protect Downing Street incase the gates were breached.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Geert Wilders

Just made a statement about TommyRobinson and FreedomOfSpeech in front of the British Embassy in The Hague.

The statement.

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

The confusion continues - no doubt the gaggers will be pleased.
Description
following the arrest of tommy robinson for contempt of court in a leeds he had live stream a Jury involved with a grooming case being heard . alt right followers of the activist and former leader of the EDL gathered in whitehall london ,
https://www.newsflare.com/video/208725/ ... y-robinson
AFAIK he was arrested for breach of the peace, and was not filming any jury.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

M85

Post by M85 »

Generally speaking, the point of shutting down press for the reason of not tainting the jury (which certainly could be a death blow to the prosecution in a grooming/rape gang case) is made, yet this does absolutely shut down freedom of speech and press. I don't know what the answer is, but the answer cannot be shutting down free speech and imprisoning those such as Tommy (regardless of how controversial they may be).
"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth" - Steve McQueen

manfred

Post by manfred »

To me, the most usual reason why something is kept secret is because it cannot be justified. I have been on a jury twice before, and in both cases everybody with no exception tried its very hardest to evaluate ONLY the evidence presented and follow the "summing up" advice of the judge with the greatest care. People are quite aware that they have a most serious decision to make, and they would notbe swayed by some news report or another. Everybody KNOWS what they should do, and each person will not only be asked during the deliberation about their views on the case, but also the reason for them. Should anyone have views based on prejudice or information not presented in court, they would immediately be told.

So I am not convinced that whatever Tommy put on facebook or whatever will have influence on the jurors. In fact most would take care to avoid that until after the trial.

The swiftness and secrecy of this matter is extremely worrying and it intimidates people to speak their minds.

Also what is interesting.... there are Sikh groups who essentially present the exact same case as Robinson does. But no policeman would dare to arrest a man with a turban now, would they?
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

M85

Post by M85 »

Good points Manfred, and you are no doubt correct regarding the lack of sway that news, media, FB, etc in reality would have on a jury. I think we can assume some intelligence beyond a kindergarten level for jury members.

Also, I certainly could not see the police locking up someone who is Sikh (wearing a turban) for simple free speech (as they did w/ Tommy Robinson).
"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth" - Steve McQueen

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Can someone put me straight please? I got the impression at the outset that the judge was sitting not to try people but to sentence them. Was I wrong, or has that fact just been lost in the confusion? Because if they were there just to be sentenced, it could only be the judge that could be influenced by reporting, not a jury.

Fernando

Re: Tommy Robinson - breaking Tuesday night

Post by Fernando »

I've just heard Sky News report that Tommy Robinson has been imprisoned for 13 months for contempt of court. The judge was said to have remarked that TR's actions could have caused the trial to be re-run at great expense. It was mentioned that vast numbers of people had seen the live-streaming from outside the court. There was no estimate of how many people might have seen it had the judge not caused massive extra publicity by his summary sentence. There was no mention of breach of the peace.

Fernando

Re: Tommy Robinson - reporting restrictions lifted

Post by Fernando »

The Tommy Robinson case is finally in the open... lots of media reports now. I'll just look at the Mirror.
Why ex-EDL leader Tommy Robinson was jailed - and why no-one could report it until now

...In a rare move, he was arrested, charged and sentenced within five hours.

The video footage was played to Judge Geoffrey Marson QC as Robinson sat in the dock.

His comments on the film had the potential to cause the collapse of a long-running trial at a cost of hundreds of thousands of pounds to the taxpayer, as well as impacting on the defendants' right to a fair trial.

Contempt of court legislation largely applies to media publications - but as Robinson was broadcasting live on Facebook to the 778,280 people who like his page, and his 848,100 followers - he can be deemed a publisher in his own right.

Judge Geoffrey Marson QC told him: “I respect everyone’s right to free speech. That’s one of the most important rights that we have.

“With those rights come responsibilities. The responsibility to exercise that freedom of speech within the law.

“I am not sure you appreciate the potential consequence of what you have done."
It goes on to say
Why couldn't we report on Robinson's arrest and jailing?

A reporting restriction was applied to Robinson's arrest, charge and hearing on Friday.

Although publications were aware of the proceedings anf reporters were present for his sentencing, they could not legally report the story on Friday.

The restriction didn't mean the case could not be reported at all - it just postponed reporting of the proceedings until there was no risk of his case prejudicing another trial.

Today, reporters successfully challenged the reporting restriction and it was lifted by the judge.
What it doesn't say is whether the journalists' challenge was merely a formal recognition that the other case had ended and so the restriction was no longer in force, or whether they had successfully challenged the restriction itself and the judge had to rescind it. Maybe we shall be told.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/e ... n-12616429

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

More details: The Guardian says
A court order is in place to prevent any reporting of the details of the trial in question. Another court order preventing reporting of Robinson’s arrest and the subsequent court proceedings was lifted on Tuesday after a challenge by Leeds Live and the Independent.

The restriction was put in place temporarily to prevent reporting on the Robinson case prejudicing the outcome of the first trial. It was lifted after a judge heard submissions that the order was already being widely violated by members of the public online.

Robinson attempted to film defendants entering the court and spoke about the case. The video was viewed more than 250,000 times.
Of course, it doesn't say how many of these views were before and after he also streamed the video of his arrest.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -13-months
The Independent puts it slightly differently - and in the category "crime"
At one point the video was being viewed by more than 10,000 people, as Robinson attempted to film defendants entering the court and discussed the case, which is subject to a separate reporting restriction.

A judge initially banned media reports of contempt proceedings against Robinson over fears it could affect the ongoing trial, but lifted the order on Tuesday after hearing submissions that members of the public and foreign media outlets were publishing inaccurate information.
Leeds Live adds a little more detail
Matthew Harding, mitigating, said his client felt "deep regret" after realising the potential consequences of his actions.

He said Robinson was aware of the reporting restriction in place in the case but thought what he was saying on camera was already in the public domain.

The barrister added: "He was mindful, having spoken to others and taken advice, not to say things that he thought would actually prejudice these proceedings.

"He did not try to cause difficulties for the court process."
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/leeds ... e-14718619

I don't suppose we could make a fair assessment of the situation unless we could hear what he actually said in the live stream before he was arrested. Nor have I yet seen what his close supporters are saying now.

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

I haven't come across anything from Tommy Robinson's supporters - my links got lost. While I was looking round, I found this longish article by someone who appears to be a working lawyer, arguing that what happened was both legal and only to be expected under the circumstances.
What on earth happened to poor Tommy Robinson? 10 Things You Should Know.
Posted on May 25, 2018 by thesecretbarrister

It can now be reported that Tommy Robinson, the former leader of the English Defence League, convicted fraudster, sometime-football hooligan and self-reinvented free speech advocate, was on Friday 25 May 2018 imprisoned for 13 months for contempt of court after livestreaming a broadcast, including footage of participants in a criminal trial, outside Leeds Crown Court.
Lots more in the article

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/05/ ... -robinson/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT
I forgot to add: However, we still do not know the actual details of the circumstances - and probably never will unless a copy of the live stream is available.

Also, if the chap is right, there were at least two trials for the same group of offences going on at the same time - something that was never made clear. I did see a mention that someone attending or observing a trial in a nearby court commented on the arrest, but there was no suggestion that that trial was related.

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

This video might have the answer to my puzzle about whether there had already been a sentence.

It shows him shouting to a man going into the ourt, asking him what he thought of the sentence and whether he was going to jail.
According to the narrator, he saw the men with prison guards and thought that they had already been found guilty.
Two problems: if the banning of reporting involved two linked cases, that might have made a difference... and I rather thought I'd seen that clip before.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Tommy Robinson has reportedly been moved to a prison with a 71% Muslim population.

Inmates were banging on cell walls last night shouting death threats.

Protests were ignored. Tommy now fears for his safety -
TOMMY ROBINSON FEARS FOR HIS LIFE AFTER BEING MOVED TO HEAVILY MUSLIM-POPULATED PRISON

Some claim move represents a de facto “death sentence”

Fears for the safety of Tommy Robinson are mounting after it was revealed that he has been moved to a heavily Muslim-populated prison in the United Kingdom and has already been on the receiving end of death threats.

Robinson was jailed last month for a “breach of the peace” while live streaming a trial involving Muslim rape gang outside Leeds Crown Court.

He was initially held in a low security prison with a low Muslim population.

However, today it was revealed by Robinson’s manager Caolan Robertson that the activist has now been moved to another prison that has a large Muslim prison population.

Robertson added that Robinson had been subjected to Muslim prisoners banging on cell walls and threatening to kill him since he arrived at the jail. He is now being held on the main wing of the jail amongst the general population which is “full of people who (don’t) like him,” according to Robertson.

Some are claiming that moving Robinson to a heavily Muslim-populated prison represents a de facto “death sentence”. Robinson himself asked for the release of the information because he fears for his own safety.

A fatwa was also reportedly issued against Tommy Robinson by an imam within 24 hours of him being transferred to the new prison.

Back in 2016, a man who was jailed for leaving bacon outside of a mosque in Bristol was found dead in jail halfway through his prison sentence. An investigation later claimed the man died of a drugs overdose.

“He’s a much higher target now,” Robertson told Infowars, adding that this was the “most devastating news possible” because lawyers had been confident of securing Robinson’s early release.

Former Breitbart London editor Raheem Kassam confirmed the news, tweeting, “Tommy’s human rights are being violated as he was moved to a new UK prison last night, without warning or reason. He is now in a very heavily Muslim populated prison in the Midlands in England.”

He also said that the decision to move Robinson came directly from the UK Home Office.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

How awful. Tommy Robinson Transferred To Muslim Prison, Facing Certain Death.

Alex Jones is joined by Caolan Robertson live via Skype to reveal exclusive details surrounding Tommy Robinson's transfer to a 70% Muslim prison where he will most likely be killed by other prisoners.

"We just found out he's actually been moved from the prison he was out, to the new one. (...) Where he was before was relatively safe, it had a low Muslim population, he was in a specific ward that was safe. He was actually okay. (...) He's just been moved to a really unsafe place. As soon as he arrived at the entrance someone told him or muttered to him it was full of people who didn't like him, which was really really worrying. He was put on the main wing (...) which is not a safe department. It's the main open season part of the prison. (...) We've found the statistics of the prison, it's around 71% Muslim (...), the last one was close to 2%.

As soon as he arrived he looked around, he could see people shouting, being really quite terrifying. He went on to his cell, he said all night people were shouting and banging on the cell doors, screaming death threats. He was really actually quite terrified about it. He's really just relaying this whole thing in the last hour. There has also been a hit [fatwa, red.] from an imam on him directly during the last 24 hours. I can't confirm if the imam is in that specific prison or if it's one nearby. He's a much higher target now then when he was previously imprisoned because of publicity. (...) It's gone into an extremely dangerous situation, everyone is really worried, he's really worried. He wanted me to pass this on to the public."
This is what Tommy said about his former confinement. He had a fight with a prison inmate
He claims moments before the fight he had been warned a group of Muslim prisoners had offered a reward for anyone who assaulted the ex-EDL leader. Robinson said: "I'm leaning up against the wall and a bloke comes stand next to me and he says: 'Mate, you're gonna get done with boiling water – £500, half-ounce of Spice [a psychoactive drug] and a mobile phone have been put up to have you done,' "They put boiling water with sugar and it takes your face off." He adds: "The prison system is plagued with... extremist Islam and Muslim gangs."

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Tommy Robinson's Full Letter from Prison

Before being moved from HMP Hull to HMP Onley, Tommy Robinson wrote this heart wrenching, though inspiring letter from prison.
I have transcribed it below, in full, for you to read, share, and publish...

• So here we go again! Its Sunday night 10/6/18, the news of the amazing scenes yesterday in London are just filtering their way to me.

But before I start on the positives of yesterdays demonstration let me 1st start with some negatives. Let me share with you part of my wife's letter I received yesterday:

"School rang me today though, before I went to work and said Spencer was really upset at school, to be honest he isn't managing mate. Sam said to him 'I'm doing a 5k run with my dad', and Spencer said well I can't do it with my dad and ran off crying. He cries himself to sleep. Sleeps with your pillow and ask me 50 times a day what day is dad coming home? I can't even give him a rough date yet because you haven't been give any! Just hope to keep telling him its not for long, nothing will change and he needs to be brave to make you proud. He said to me last night 'I'm going to go and do something bad so I can be put in jail with dad at least then I will be with him'."

I'm not going to lie, reading this broke my heart. The prison removed my wife's phone number over a week ago so I have not even been able to speak with my children, it also upsets me that in my son's head he must think his dad has done something bad to end up in prison.

Before I sit and feel too sorry for myself I should put it into perspective. I'm away from my family for a short duration. Members of our armed forces' children must go through this all the time which is why I admire the sacrifices they make, past and present.

I'm not going to go too much into my case as my appeal is just being lodged. What I will talk about is the difference you have all made to me. When I landed in this prison I was totally gutted. Gutted about what my family were about to go through. Gutted for those who I was in discussions with who rely on me to tell their stories. I was also adamant I would be killed on this prison sentence.

When I was leading the [English Defence League] I waas sentence to 10 months in prison in 2012, I was separated from everyone for my own protection and kept on solitary confinement for 22 weeks. I believe this was because the government feared what may happen on the streets if I was murdered in prison.

Lee Rigby was beheaded in 2013 and our government witnessed that a soldier can be beheaded and no one will really react. I was then sent to prison in 2014 for 18 months. I was literally fed to the wolves. I was lucky to escape alive, fighting my way through violent beatings at the hands of Muslim inmates.

The government knew I could be killed and no one would really do anything. It was a sad moment for myself, realising that if I'm murdered my death wouldn't make much difference or change. I also realised my family would not be looked after and would go on to struggle for safety and stability.

OH WHAT A CHANGE 4 YEARS MAKES!

In the first few days here I began to hear that thousands are protesting outside 10 Downing Street. This was within 24 horus of my abduction by the state. I was told 'your petition has 100,000', then 'hey its now at 300,000' and then half a million. I heard people were climbing the gates of Downing Street.

I thought the people telling me must be getting it wrong. They must be confused with our Day for Freedom demo. I was completely unaware what was unfolding outside of the prison was a world wide FREE TOMMY movement.

I was in danger in my first days in this prison, housed with Muslim prisoners, then something changed. I was whisked from my cell and wing and taken and separated to safety. I believe now this was the moment Lord Pearson spoke up about my safety. His actions could have literally saved my life.

I then heard protests were spreading across the globe. I heard politicians, police and barristers were speaking out. I've heard so many people who have sat on the fence for years were now speaking out. To hear that 20-30 thousand people travelled to London this weekend to stand in solidarity with me is an amazing feeling. I truly am gobsmacked at the reaction from the public. I feel so loved!! Loved and appreciated.

I receive a bag of letters and emails every day. I read every one. I'm so grateful, I want to say a thank you to every single person who has supported me.

I understand how difficult it is to speak out. I understand hat many people would have faced a backlash from friends, or even from work for speaking out on my behalf and I am truly grateful to people for standing with me.

Free speech is not free when it has social consequences. I sit here happy, happy that this sentence has backfired on the establishment. Happy that the public reaction has sent a message of the consequences if they have me murdered on this sentence.

I have said for so long that there will be a moment in our country, none of know what that moment will be but it will change the direction of our nation.

I think deeply about this and for a while now I've been sure that I will be murdered for opposing Islam. A scary thought. But not as scary as thinking it will make no difference. Although now I sit here smiling with the belief that my murder would start a revolution, I'm standing laughing out loud -- that may seem mad -- but knowing this is so satisfying.

I've always said I'd sacrifice my life tomorrow if it would end the Islamic takeover of our beautiful land. Our battle is not as simple as against flesh and blood, but we battle a system! A corrupt system. Sitting here gives you so much time to think. We can no longer be looking from the outside in. We must involve our voice and our movement into politics. I have so many plans on what I want to do when I get out. To hear that Geert Wilders travelled and spoke in London is so exciting for me.

When I started my activism I looked to Geert and the life changing decisions he made to speak out against Islam. He has been an inspiration to me. I can't list all the people I need to thank as there are so many but I know Alex Jones at InfoWars would be leaidng the shout for my freedom. I love him, he cracks me up.

Gerard Batten of UKIP, Lord Perason, Raheem, Ezra, Katie Hopkins, my cousin Kevin Carroll jumping straight in with the demo. Danny for organising it. DONALD TRUMP JUNIOR for tweeting. I'd have done 6 months just for that recognition.

The list could go on and on. I'll do my proper thank yous upon my release. One person I have to thank, my wife!

When I finally got through to her on the phone from prison I asked her, "Have you had enough yet?" Ha ha. I've not been a great husband but she has been a perfect wife and an amazing mother.

I simply couldn't get through any of this without my family.

So Jenna, if you are reading this letter online then know I LOVE YOU and I MISS YOU.

My mates will ruin me for this soppy sh!t ha ha.

Lots of people say I give them hope, but I want you all to know that your reaction, whether it be supporting my family, paying for legal costs, or even just sharing videos or tweets, you have all given me hope and an absolutely priceless feeling.

Please excuse my handwriting but my hand is failing me. I'm using my time to put pen to paper and detail out my next book. I was already working on it before this sentence. Working title: "The Battle for Britain". Basically bringing Enemy of the State [Tommy's first book] up to date and also looking into the future.

So I'd like to thank Her Majesty for giving me the time alone on my own to work on it. Knowing that there are more plans for demonstrations unil my release is great. It's great to know that I've not been forgotten and their attempts to silencce me won't work. It's now Monday evening and I've just watched LOVE ISLAND ha ha.

My wife's number was put back on the system so I have spoke with my children today so I'm less stressed and more relaxed. My children will come to visit me in the near future.

Thank you all for the support. It's your outcry and reaction that will keep me safe. Please know how inspired and grateful I am. I'm hoping Lord Pearson and Gerard Batten will also be visiting me here and lads if you are reading this ask Geert to pop into HMP Hull with you. My appeals have gone in, appeal sentence, appeal conviction and bail app.

Oh yeah thank you Pauline Hanson, thank you AFD for the offer of asylum.

The establishment thought this would close the book. Instead the public have just turned the page to continue the next chapter.

I love and thank you all.

Mum and dad sorry about the stress I give you ha ha.

Thank you to the free world.

It's Tuesday, I'm being moved prison so my kids won't see me this weekend.

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Thanks for posting that, Ariel. Can a prisoner legally be denied phone calls to his wife while still being allowed to call others?

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Fernando wrote:Thanks for posting that, Ariel. Can a prisoner legally be denied phone calls to his wife while still being allowed to call others?
Perhaps they removed his wife's phone number to provoke Tommy? To harass him?