Egyptian woman killed in German court - Update: gets life

Donnerschlag

Egyptian woman killed in German court - Update: gets life

Post by Donnerschlag »

Egyptian woman killed in German court drama

http://www.expatica.com/de/news/local_n ... 54201.html

The 32-year-old woman was killed in a court in Dresden before she could testify against her attacker.

Cairo -- A woman stabbed to death in a German court was an Egyptian who had sued her attacker after he insulted her for wearing the Islamic headscarf, Egyptian newspapers reported on Friday.

Marwa al-Sherbini, 32, who was killed in a court in Dresden on Wednesday, was the wife of Egyptian academic Elwi Ali Okaz who was also hurt in the incident and is now in critical condition in hospital, the state-owned Al-Akhbar reported.

The attacker stabbed Sherbini "shortly before she was to give evidence in an appeal lodged by the man against a conviction for insulting her over wearing the hijab," said the state-owned Egyptian Gazette.

The 28-year-old man, identified only as Axel W., was overpowered and was being investigated for manslaughter over the killing of the woman, a spokesman for the Dresden prosecutor's office said.

Magdi al-Sayed, press officer at the German embassy in Cairo, said the case was isolated and did not reflect German attitude towards Muslims.

"It is a criminal act -- it has nothing to do with persecution against Muslims," Sayed told the Gazette.

Unfortunately I don't have any details about it by I am sure one of our german members might be able to help us out.

Lyzandra Daria

Re: Egyptian woman killed in German court drama

Post by Lyzandra Daria »

Woman killed in courtroom bloodbath was pregnant

http://www.thelocal.de/national/20090703-20359.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A woman stabbed to death in a Dresden courtroom was three months pregnant, reported German newspaper Bild on Friday.

According to Egyptian newspapers, the woman was Marwa al-Sherbini, a 32-year-old Egyptian national who was suing her attacker after he insulted her for wearing the Islamic headscarf. The attacker, identified only as Alex W., was appealing the €780 fine he was ordered to pay in the libel suit.

Al-Sherbini was the wife of Egyptian academic Elwi Ali-Okaz. He was also hurt in the incident after he tried to help his wife and is in critical condition in hospital. Police are now investigating Alex W. for manslaughter.

“The investigation into this bloody crime is bound to show there are some indications the suspect was hostile toward foreigners – the signs are there,” said Saxony police chief Bernd Merbitz told Bild.

Magdi al-Sayed, press officer at the German embassy in Cairo, said the case was isolated and did not reflect German attitude towards Muslims.

"It is a criminal act. It has nothing to do with persecution against Muslims," Sayed told the Egyptian state newspaper The Gazette.

The stabbing happened July 1, just before al-Sherbini was to give her evidence. During the struggle, other bystanders were also injured and police fired a shot. Al-Sherbini died in the courtroom.

The 28-year-old attacker was overpowered and is now under investigation for manslaughter, a spokesman for the Dresden prosecutor's office said.

Chairman of the German judge federation Christoph Frank is now demanding that safety and security measures must be brought up to standard.

“Each individual law court must be examined and security infrastructure put in place to better protect citizens,” he said to the Bild.

The incident recalled a similar scene of courtroom violence in the Bavarian town of Landshut in April, when a 60-year-old man shot his sister-in-law before turning the gun on himself, following an inheritance ruling.

I hope the attacker gets the maximum penalty allowed by law...if for no other reason than to show the Muslim world how it's done right, i.e., how JUSTICE is served.
Faith must have adequate evidence else it is mere superstition... Alexander Hodge (1823-1886)

superstition: a belief or practice irrationally maintained by ignorance or faith in magic or chance

Lyzandra

Cassie

Post by Cassie »

The Muslim sued the man for an insult. That is just too much. Islam is an insult to humanity. We should sue Muslims for insulting humanity.

Lyzandra Daria

Post by Lyzandra Daria »

Cassie wrote:The Muslim sued the man for an insult. That is just too much. Islam is an insult to humanity. We should sue Muslims for insulting humanity.
From what I got the man didn't insult islam...he insulted the woman (maybe defamation of character?). I would hope, if he had insulted islam, the court would have thrown the case out of court.

Still...he had no excuse to kill the woman. His offense was a minor slap on the wrist at best IMO. Nothing that rises to the level of manslaughter.

He should get the maximum penalty...not for insulting islam, for manslaughter and even murder of the unborn child (if true). Just my opinion...muslims will learn how JUSTICE in a civilized nation is carried out.
Faith must have adequate evidence else it is mere superstition... Alexander Hodge (1823-1886)

superstition: a belief or practice irrationally maintained by ignorance or faith in magic or chance

Lyzandra

Cassie

Post by Cassie »

She still sued him for insulting her. In my view, that is too much. Western civil laws should not be used for vexatious, frivolous lawsuits. People insult each other all the time - how many take their grievances to court?

yeezevee

Post by yeezevee »

Oh My Goodness that is A HORRIBLE NEWS., It is strange that no one is there to stop this murderer INSIDE THE COURT ROOM??

and for that criminal killing that Muslim lady, A blogger writes
There are 53 million Muslims in Europe. They belong to different nations and cultures. THIS BLOG IS FOR ALL OF THEM AND ALL THOSE WHO LIKE THEM.
http://euroislam-euromuslim.blogspot.co ... front.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX6wfmA0WCU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
During the proceedings on the morning of July 1st, in addition to the accused and his state-assigned counsel, both Marwa’s 3-year-old son and her husband were in attendance. The routine process was running without incident, when the situation radically changed in a matter of seconds. As Marwa wrapped up her statement to the court, the accused man lunged at her with a knife he had brought with him. In front of her child, Marwa was stabbed eighteen times in less than 30 seconds. Both the defense attorney and Marwa’s husband attempted to get between the man and Marwa, resulting in Ali being stabbed. Two police officers, who stormed the hall, took Ali for the attacker, shooting him in the leg. Only afterwards could the real attacker be identified and taken into custody.

Marwia died right there in the courtroom as a result of the stab wounds. It is now become known that she was pregnant at the time of her death. Her husband was taken to the hospital with life threatening injuries. The 3-year-old son, who was also injured, has been taken into care by friends. A spokesperson of the prosecution, Christian Avenarius, spoke a day after the incident, described the incident as the “fanatical actions of a lone man, who was acting out of feelings of extreme xenophobia.”
I am so sorry for that family. It is unthinkable such things can happen INSIDE THE COURT ROOM. I just can not imagine what snapped to this BRUTAL ROGUE? and was he criminal before..

yeezevee

Maersk

Post by Maersk »

Reminds me of Theo van Gogh's death for telling the truth about Islam. :biggrin:

Lyzandra Daria

Post by Lyzandra Daria »

Cassie wrote:She still sued him for insulting her. In my view, that is too much. Western civil laws should not be used for vexatious, frivolous lawsuits. People insult each other all the time - how many take their grievances to court?
Ever heard the adage that two wrongs don't make it right?

This man committed a third wrong...manslaughter (murder if one includes the unborn child).

Sure, the woman's lawsuit was frivolous. She should be used to being insulted (she's a Muslim and a woman). Perhaps I would agree that her lawsuit should have been dismissed by the court as frivolous based on the fact that she shouldn't have been offended.

Whatever...not my country...not my laws. Maybe her lawsuit was allowed to proceed because someone felt that there was a point to be made(?). Maybe her husband should have beaten her until she 'voluntarily' dropped her lawsuit. It was his right, according to the Koran. If he had known that the wacko would kill his wife, and get him seriously injured, he might have forced her to drop her complaint. On the other hand, maybe he forced his wife to press the lawsuit to show Germans that they can't get away with making fun of Islamic superstitious practices and beliefs. If that's the case...I guess he showed those nasty German infidels.

And now, if he survives...what is his recourse. Sue the wacko for the value of the loss of his wife. Everybody knows that a wife isn't worth much in Islam. And, like this wacko has money :lol: If he had money, he would have gotten himself a better lawyer (Dio?) and had the case thrown out/dismissed.

Insulting the woman is one thing...killing her, quite another. Punish the man to the fullest extent of the law. If he gets a 'medal' it won't show the Muslims that Secular Courts are capable of dealing with people who decide it's alright to kill others because of their religious (superstitious) beliefs or practices.

Even if that religious (superstitious) belief or practice says that it's acceptable to kill a Muslim girl because she doesn't want to wear the hajib...or have an opportunity to be educated...or to being married against her will to some old coot old enough to be her great grandfather at 9- 17 years of age. So called 'honor killings' don't honor anyone and potentially robs Islam of another 'breeder'.

Lyzandra

ixolite

Post by ixolite »

Background:

The woman went to a playground with her kid, and asked the guy to leave the swing he was occupying, so her kid could use it. He insulted her for that (Islamist, terrorist, bitch). It ended up in court where he was sentenced to a fine, he appealed. He killed her during the appeal. Her kid was there and had to see everything. The guy is a russian german, btw.

german source:
http://www.welt.de/vermischtes/article4 ... oetet.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lyzandra Daria

Post by Lyzandra Daria »

ixolite wrote:Background:

The woman went to a playground with her kid, and asked the guy to leave the swing he was occupying, so her kid could use it. He insulted her for that (Islamist, terrorist, bitch). It ended up in court where he was sentenced to a fine, he appealed. He killed her during the appeal. Her kid was there and had to see everything. The guy is a russian german, btw.

german source:
http://www.welt.de/vermischtes/article4 ... oetet.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The waco's ethnicity notwithstanding...irrelevant Maybe his religion, but not his ethnicity.

So her husband should have beaten her for talking to the man to begin with. Maybe he should have performed the 'honor killing' of his wife himself. She is obviously a slut and a whore for even speaking to a non-muslim. And who is she to act as if she is equal to a man?

I'm being facitious, of course.

Muslim women just can't catch a 'break'. 'Honor killings' continue even in non-Muslim countries and don't (usually) result in any punishment. And women are always the victim in an 'honor killing'. I have yet to hear of a boy or young man being killed for some infraction of Islam.

I forgot...there are no infractions for males that can culminate in an 'honor killing'. Islam is a just another of the anti-woman religions of the Abrahamic tradition.

Lyzandra

Sten

Post by Sten »

Lyzandra Daria wrote:This man committed a third wrong...manslaughter (murder if one includes the unborn child).
It's murder even if you don't factor in the unborn child. The man brought a knife into a courtroom, that means it was premeditated murder.

This woman may have been lodging a frivolous lawsuit against the man (why is it only Muslims who sue people for verbally insulting them?), but he was obviously one evil crazy mofo.
The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.
- Carl Sagan

LCD

Post by LCD »

What i would like to know?

1. Was his statement labeled hate speech and was he sued over hate speech.
2. What was the first fine, and the first ruling?

What we should focus on:

1. The man is crazy and a murderer, and he should be locked away.
2. Muslims should not be allowed to label this case a sxample of muslims discrimination.
You should command that the Qur’an be collected.’” Abu Bakr added, “I said to `Umar, ‘How can we do what the Prophet never did?Jeremiah 31:25 "there will be no more Jews on the Earth when the sun, moon and stars stop shining," i.e. the end of the Earth and civilization.

Cassie

Post by Cassie »

Dear Lysandra,
I don't believe I condoned the murder, or said her lawsuit made her deserve death. I only said I disagree with anyone suing for insults. If so, then we should sue Muslims because Islam insults us.

yeezevee

Post by yeezevee »

I only said I disagree with anyone suing for insults. If so, then we should sue Muslims because Islam insults us.
How do the Muslims insult us dear Cassie ? You mean to say they use the words that are there in Q'uran which may be bit insulting....

with best
yeezevee

diotima64

Post by diotima64 »

Cassie wrote:She still sued him for insulting her. In my view, that is too much. Western civil laws should not be used for vexatious, frivolous lawsuits. People insult each other all the time - how many take their grievances to court?
Insulting people is a CRIMINAL offence in German law.

diotima64

Post by diotima64 »

Sten wrote:
Lyzandra Daria wrote:This man committed a third wrong...manslaughter (murder if one includes the unborn child).
It's murder even if you don't factor in the unborn child. The man brought a knife into a courtroom, that means it was premeditated murder.

This woman may have been lodging a frivolous lawsuit against the man (why is it only Muslims who sue people for verbally insulting them?), but he was obviously one evil crazy mofo.
German law does not distinguish murder/manslaughter along the lines of premeditated/ not premeditated killing.
The woman didn´t lodge ANY lawsuit, the prosecutor did, since it was a criminal proceeding.
Even IF she had filed a frivolous lawsuit, that is no reason to slaughter he like that.

I am disgusted by such comments, really.

Greenhouse28

Post by Greenhouse28 »

Cassie if it was your mother murdered in a court room or perhaps it should have been you murdered then everything would be ok

never in your comments did you say anything about that retarded murderer but you were quick to condemn her suing a guy who insulted her
right or wrong it was for the court to decide you are a miserable criminal and your criminal tendencies have gone way beyond islam bashing now actually you are promoting peoples murder
what a pathetic piece of sh!t you are :x :*)
I am a moderate Muslim God bless you all
Pakistan Zindabad

yeezevee

Post by yeezevee »

Greenhouse28
welcome to ffi dear Greenhouse28., Boy you are a greenhouse with red words and sharp tongue. Well I am not sure by writing such words you are helping Muslims, neither those who question Islam. May be Cassie did not understand what happened in that tragedy. It could also she is not using right words to express her point of view.

any way again welcome to ffi
The woman didn´t lodge ANY lawsuit, the prosecutor did, since it was a criminal proceeding.
Even IF she had filed a frivolous lawsuit, that is no reason to slaughter he like that.
thank you for that information dear diotima64 ... that is a terrible tragedy., such characters as this Insane BRUTE must be removed from the sane society.

with best regards
yeezevee

tobias malachi

Post by tobias malachi »

It is a terrable thing that this family has been left without a wife and a mother. the question has to be asked, in these days of growing lawlessness why was the court not protected with a metal scanner? Why were the police outside of the court and not inside? Yes this man must be confined for a long time and is a danger to others. what worries me about this mans actions is are they a sign of things to come as the peoples patence with Islam wears thin.

Cassie

Post by Cassie »

Greenhouse28 wrote:Cassie if it was your mother murdered in a court room or perhaps it should have been you murdered then everything would be ok

never in your comments did you say anything about that retarded murderer but you were quick to condemn her suing a guy who insulted her
right or wrong it was for the court to decide you are a miserable criminal and your criminal tendencies have gone way beyond islam bashing now actually you are promoting peoples murder
Lol. It is my right to condemn anyone who sues for personal insults. It is something called, "freedom". You will not understand it because I guess you are a Muslim.

If I am silent on her murder, I am silent. You have no right to infer from my silence that I condone her murder in any way.

If personal insults is a criminal offense in Germany, then I'm glad I'm not German. I do wonder how often and by whom this law is used / meant for. I presume it is a latter-day PC invention.