Image problem with Firefox

How to improve our website. Basic support with some common software.
Fernando

Image problem with Firefox

Post by Fernando »

In the past day or two, some - but not all - images have not been shown in Firefox. Just the word "image" appears.
For example, the stone idol image at the bottom of viewtopic.php?f=22&t=18189&view=unread#unread" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've found that on my Windows 7 machine, I can't see it in either normal or private browser windows.
Opera and Chrome show it in both kinds of windows.
On a Windows 10 pc, it's ok in normal windows but not private ones.
Not much of a problem now that I know how to get round it - I'm just reporting it to save head-scratching if anybody else has this "feature".
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah

manfred

Re: Image problem with Firefox

Post by manfred »

Hi, I am using firefox, and I can see all the images.
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

pr126

Post by pr126 »

Are you using Adblocker? Clear the cache/cookies.

Use Ccleaner (Free)
Islam: an idea to kill and die for.

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Thanks, but none of those made any difference. (I was amazed, though, at the amount of C that CCleaner found - especially the thousand "tracking files"!)
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah

manfred

Post by manfred »

Perhaps this helps:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fi ... s-not-show" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

pr126

Post by pr126 »

Fernando wrote:Thanks, but none of those made any difference. (I was amazed, though, at the amount of C that CCleaner found - especially the thousand "tracking files"!)
I run Ccleaner every time when exiting the Browser.
Another good program to have is Malwarebytes for malware. It is free, but the paid version works automatically.
Islam: an idea to kill and die for.

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

pr126 wrote:
Fernando wrote:Thanks, but none of those made any difference. (I was amazed, though, at the amount of C that CCleaner found - especially the thousand "tracking files"!)
I run Ccleaner every time when exiting the Browser.
Another good program to have is Malwarebytes for malware. It is free, but the paid version works automatically.
Yes, thanks, I use the free Malwarebytes. I had a problem with the free trial of the full version - it slowed my pc down no end. Maybe a clash with the AVG that I also use.