Dr. Sir Allama Iqbal
Dr. Sir, Allama Muhammad Iqbal is considered the greatest philosopher, thinker of Muslim Ummah. There is no dispute and second view about the place and image of Iqbal. Every educated Muslim of subcontinent and Iran give him highly reverential place and consider his poetry and work true translation of Islam and Quran. He is the national poet of Pakistan. The leaders, politicians, text books, Mullah and scholar always insist on to follow the golden principal of Iqbal and we must fulfill the dream and purpose of Allama Iqbal. Many revivalists termed him as Mujadid Din.
It is impossible for me to translate his poetry however I tried my best to translate his some famous stanzas which will reflect his work and perhaps will open the eyes of those who yet of the view that educated Muslims or the Muslims residing in Europe are not fundamentals and are moderate Muslims.
Quran has classified the whole human being into three groups i.e one group consists of Momineens, Mutaqeens and Muslims, the second group is of Unbelievers and the third group is of Hippocrates. There is no existence of moderate class.
Allama Iqbal is a chain of Allama Sir Hindi, Shah Wali Ullah etc. Iranian leaders say that their Islamic revolution is production of the thoughts of Allama Iqbal that is how they give him great reverence and preference.Would that any person translates his poetry the world will come to know that Iqbal is the greatest supporter of Jihad against Non Muslim especially against
Books of Iqbal
a. Israr Khudi (first published in 1915)
b. Ramooz bay Khudi (first published in 1915)
c. Piam-e-Mashriq (first published in 1932)
d. Bang-a- Dura (first published in 1924)
g. Armaghani Hijaz
Iqbal poetry inhales a fighter and Mujahid spirit in his reader. That is how Iqbal poetry is considered everlasting. A reader can easily feel a Mujahid’s emotions when he read his poetry. His poetry instigates a man to stand and fight for the cause of Islam.
Iqbal does not favour cause and effect system. He says:
Exalt your Khudi so much that before to write your fate, God may ask his servant to let me know that what your will is. His mujahid is a man of perfect manifestation of Islam. The purposes of his insisting on adherence the Islamic way of life, attachment, Ishaq and Love with absolute existence is to become a man of Jihad.
Iqbal was educated from Cambridge and Germany. British Govt has conferred him title of Sir. He was also a member of Legislative Council of British Parliament in India. He felt badly that Muslim have nothing to compete with European’s glazing Civilizations so for boosting up Muslims moral against European civilization he concocted splendid past by ignoring the real past. He praise much and recalls this false past for the purpose to ignite Muslim against Europeans civilization.
Iqbal poetry reveals clearly that Islam wants a man of such kind that his heart would be filled with soreness and love with Allah. And his life would be spent only in the cause of establishment of Islamic system. That is how Iqbal by his poetry create abhorrence against the worldly life.
1. In poem Mind and Heart Iqbal give supremacy to heart that is Iqbal recognize the importance of rationality but he prefer heart (a symbolic word used for spiritualism and Ishq,)
In the last sentence of this poem Heart say to mind:
You are the light of facts but I am the light of beauty. You relates to the material world whereas I am aware of the Sidra (a tree of berry on the heaven)
My place is aloft; I am Arsh of the greatest Rab (Allah).
2. Neither, I have character like Kaleem (Moses, in Islamic theology Moses is the symbol of angriness and fighter against Pharaoh.) nor you have character like Khalil (Ibrahim, he is also a fighter against Nimrod)
I have died by the magic of Summery and you are a slave of Azeri (Summery has made calf statues in the absence of Moses and Azeri was the father of Ibrahim who was seller of idols).
If there is a spark of flame in your clay (body), then never care for poverty and richness as the force of Haider was due to the dry bread.
3. If you want to re-establish the foundation of Khilafat then bring the heart and liver of your ancestors.
4. Do not consider your Millat as the nations of West. Your structure is made from the nation of Rasool-e-Hashmi. Their (westerners) faction is based upon the country and race.
5. Read the lesson of truthfulness, justice and bravery, one again the task of leadership of the world will be bestowed upon you.
6 In this trifle world your life is a test. If you are immature, you are a heap of mud when you became mature then your will be sword without sheath.
7. Anthem of Millat
China and Arab is our, Hindustan is our.
We are Muslim and the whole world is our country.
The trust of monotheism is in our hearts.
It is impossible to eradicate us.
In world’s idols-worship places that is the first house of Allah (Ka’aba)
We are the guard of it and it is the guard of our
In the shadows of swords we have became young.
Our drag is like crescent which is the mark of our nation.
In the valleys of West we have called Azaan(call for prayer).
No one can stop the oceans of our soldiers.
8. O Muslim youth, have you ever ponder on it
What heaven was, whose you are a broken star
The nation who have nourished you
That has trampled the thrones and kingdoms
9. We consider that education will bring leisure
But it brought infidelity along self.
10. Throw in the street
Eggs of the new civilization are rotten
Election, Membership, Council, President-ship
The Freedom made entrap man
(i.e. Feudalism was the best in his view because freedom of new civilization imprisoned the man in Election, membership etc.)
11. Do not mind it, test it
European civilization is evil for heart and goodness for mind.
12 Come to tell you the fate of nations
First of all swords and in the last music and dance
13. There is a great difference between the Azaan of a Mujahid and a Mullah
(Mujahid Azan invoke people for Jihad whereas Mullah Azan has no effect so)
14. O my son, how much pleasure is in attacking on pigeon
The pleasure will perhaps not be in the blood of pigeon
15 That Sufi is man who indulged in the service of Right
Matchless in Love and unique in Ghirat
Fire of Ishq has extinguished and now there is Dark
Muslim is nothing a heap of ash
16. Khudi is Sher Maula (Ali) the world is his prey
The world is his prey and the heaven is his prey
17. In the dialogue of Pir-o-Murid
Murid Hind: I read knowledge of East and West
Pain and sores is exist in my soul
Pir Romi: Every hand of unable cause illness
Come toward mother to heal you
Murid Hindi: O eyesight of you, open my heart
Open the secret of order of Jihad
Murid Hindi: The eyes of the Eastners are overwhelmed from West
(for them) the Hoors of West are more beautiful than Hoors (of paradise)
18. On the grave of Napoleon
Fate of the struggle of world is a secret
The secrets of fate open by the force of character
Opens the sword of Alexander the great by the force of character
Alvin Mountain melts due to his warmth
Taimur’s conqueror armies are due to the force of character
Ups and downs are nothing before the flood (of armies)
In the battle field Takbeer of the God’s men
The force of character makes the voice of God
19. Iqbal address to Mussolini
What is newness in thoughts and actions? Emotion of Revolution
What is newness in thoughts and actions? Youthfulness of Millat
20. Iqbal in poem Khushal Khan(fighter against Mughal Rulers) and Dream of a Tatari arose the spirit of Jihad.
21. In poem Cinema Iqbal termed cinema Industry of Azeri and mud of hell.
22. Iqbal in poem “Politics” termed politics the game of cunningness.
23. Iqbal produce Eagle like a Mujahid and he used this frequently in his poetry in the sense of Mujahid and Momin.
Prevention is essential from the green lands
Its qualities are rapacious
The breeze of desert sharpen
The fighting strike of a man
I am not appetite of pigeon
To attack, to return back and then to attack
It is a means to keep warm the blood
24. When your eyes are not on the facts of life
Your piece of glass will not compete to stone
This is the time to show force and deep strike of hand
And do not ask in the battle field for music voice
The capital of life is due to the blood of heart and liver
O ignorant, nature is a wave of blood not a wave of water
25. The dawn from which trembles the existence of world
Only rise by the Azan of a Momin
26. Iqbal give message to Muslims that Ishq is better than knowledge in his poem Ilm and Ishq (Knowledge and Ishq) .
27. Monotheism was a living force in the world
Today it is a question of Alma Kalam (oration/discourse)
What is the nation and what is the leadership
Imam of prayer do not know it
28. If Europe hate with name of Islam, never mind
The second name of this religion is Faqr-a- Ghayoor
29. Your existence is completely a glaze of Afrang (British)
You have made by the masons of England
This statue of mud is empty from Khudi
It is only a sheath without sword
30. The safety of unity is due to the power of hand
Here mind does not work
O man if you have not that power
Go and sit in a cave and remember the God
Humiliation, subordination and slavery
Invent new Islam have these teachings
31. In the Tariqat of Sufi there is only playfulness of Ahwal
In the Sharia of Mullah there is playfulness of words
The voice of Poet is dead, sad and without taste
Deep in thoughts, neither awake nor in sleep
I am not seeing that Mujahid
In whose veins and blood be present the playfulness of character
(In Iqbal poetry character means emotion of Jihad for the cause of God and Islam)
32. Momin in the circle of friends is soft like silk
In the war of right and evil he is like an iron
In the paradise
Angels say that momin is attractive
Hoors say that momin is not talkative
33. That prophethood is like leaf of Hashish for Muslims
Which prophethood does not give message of power and supremacy
34. The dissimilarity between Ummah is the purpose of Afrang
Islam purpose is only Millat-a-Adam
35. Iqbal address to Pir Haram
Leave the customs of Khanqahi
Understand the purpose of my voice
God may keep save your youths
Give them the lessons of endurance and
Give them lesson to break the stones
West have taught them the art of making glasses
The slavery of two century has broken their hearts
Think for cure of their this sadness
36. The civilization of British is bone of content for heart and eye
As the soul of this civilization did not remain chaste
When soul lost chastity then pure conscience, high thought,
and delicate taste does not remain alive.
37. Iqbal “a question”
Ask from the philosopher of Europe
Hind and Greek recognize him
Is this the exaltedness of sociality?
Men workless and women’s laps are empty
38. Man is the safeguard of woman
If a nation did not find this living secrete
The sun of that nation would be soon sat.
39. Iqbal considers European education for woman as death.
40. Civilization of Afrang gives first intoxication and then gives wine.
41. This luxury this government this trade
Heart without light deprive of content
Afrangs are in dark of smoke of machines
This is not the valley of piece liable for light
This new civilization is at the death door
Perhaps the Jews will be the guard of Church
42. Jews the eaters of interest are sit in snare since long
Before their cunningness is zero the power of Palang
Like ripe fruit is near to drop automatically
Look, in whose lap is falling the Afrang
43 Abul Haul (sphinx) taught me this point
That Abul Haul which knows the secrets of ancient ages
By which suddenly changes the fate of nations
That is the power; philosopher minds cannot compete to it
In every age his nature changes
Ever like Sword of Muhammad ever like staff of Moses
44 European vultures does not know yet
How much is poisonous the dead body of Avicenna
45. You ransacked the tent of desert living
You plundered the crops of farmers and plundered the thrones
In the veil of civilization plundering, homicide of man
Yesterday you consider it just today I consider these just
46. Go out from Khanqah refresh the way of Shabbir (Hussain ibn Ali)
47. Only man of desert or man of hills can protect the nature.
48. Machines are the cause of death of the hearts
49. Freedom of economy is the death of hearts.