Islam vs. Christianity

Debate how Islam compares to other faiths and religions.
paarsurrey
Posts: 812
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:12 pm

Re: Islam vs. Christianity

Post by paarsurrey »

Hi friends

I don't agree with you. Moses, Krishna,Jesus and Muhammad; none of them was abusive or violent; they acted appropriately according to the situation to reform the society out of its illnessess as a doctor would do an operation to save a life. They were to save the society;they acted with good intention.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran

Thanks
I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim;bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/sects/religions Atheists/Agnostics/Humanists and working for their unity and brotherhood.

http://paarsurrey.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yeezevee
Posts: 6547
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: Islam vs. Christianity

Post by yeezevee »

paarsurrey
I don't agree with you. Moses, Krishna,Jesus and Muhammad; none of them was abusive or violent; they acted appropriately according to the situation to reform the society out of its illnessess as a doctor would do an operation to save a life.
dear paarsurrey., Muhammad is unique among the four names you mentioned., write down life stories of Moses, Krishna,Jesus and Muhammad before you say that., None of them are AS CRIMINAL as Muhammad and none of them said they were messenger and UNQUESTIONABLE messengers the way Mr. PBUH came out in that silly book Quran. So it is better for Muhammad followers take the criticism of Muhammad and his religion with a bit of salt and EAT IT. Other wise change the rubbish in Quran and the minds of Muslim robots. People are criticizing Muhammad Islam Not because it is STUPID but because it is Violent & Stupid and on top of it, it projects a criminal character as last Prophet and Messenger of Allah for the humanity

So compare the lives of those 4 people you mentioned before you club all together with Mr. PBUH and get that guy as messenger from the backdoor along with your Promised Messiah as another savior of humanity. So criticism of Islam will continue dear paarsurrey..

with best
yeezevee
User avatar
HomerJay
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:24 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: Islam vs. Christianity

Post by HomerJay »

I don't agree with you. Moses, Krishna,Jesus and Muhammad; none of them was abusive or violent; they acted appropriately according to the situation to reform the society out of its illnessess as a doctor would do an operation to save a life. They were to save the society;they acted with good intention.
"Beheading an entire town" too far? OK, I'll grant that. I should have said "behead all the male POWs of fighting age". (there, that makes it ALL better)

The four you mentioned did what they needed to do to reform society? Well, Moses certainly kicked major ass to get his people out of slavery and back home, but as there are no "Mosesians" around who pattern their lives upon him, he's not a good match for the comparison. And as for Krishna, sadly, most of what I know of his followers comes from airport terminals, so I can't speak intelligently enough about him to include him in your "society changing" group.

"None of them was abusive or violent"? Which books have you been reading? I'm sure you mean that "Mohammed was violent and abusive but only so far as was necessary to combat the evils of the day and make the world a better place", right? So let's compare the early behavior of Jesus and Mohammed, then. There are a lot of parallels. Both started preaching a message in their home towns that was revolutionary and dangerous to those in power. Both started with no wealth, followers, or military power base. Both were attempted to be silenced and eventually targeted for death by the authorites. And this is where the paths diverged in the wood. Where one taught his followers to put down their swords and sacrificed his life to demonstrate peace and non-violence, the other chose to move to the next town and start robbing caravans.

If I'm wrong here paarsurrey, please educate me. What exactly do you believe Mohammed's business plan was upon reaching Medina? Did he intend to make an honest living and go back to trading or shepherding? No. He decided to attack merchant caravans bound for Mecca. THIS is what he taught his followers, THIS is what he did to "reform the society out of its illnessess", THIS is what precipited the Meccan response, Badr, and all the other battles Muslims would label "defensive" from that point on. And please no "it was a state of war" (???), "they were recouping losses"(???) Answer me this truthfully: Do you really believe that Mohammed and his followers would have been attacked if they had taken up only honest businesses upon arriving in Medina?
paarsurrey
Posts: 812
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:12 pm

Re: Islam vs. Christianity

Post by paarsurrey »

If I'm wrong here paarsurrey, please educate me. What exactly do you believe Mohammed's business plan was upon reaching Medina? Did he intend to make an honest living and go back to trading or shepherding? No. He decided to attack merchant caravans bound for Mecca. THIS is what he taught his followers, THIS is what he did to "reform the society out of its illnessess", THIS is what precipited the Meccan response, Badr, and all the other battles Muslims would label "defensive" from that point on. And please no "it was a state of war" (???), "they were recouping losses"(???) Answer me this truthfully: Do you really believe that Mohammed and his followers would have been attacked if they had taken up only honest businesses upon arriving in Medina?
Hi friends

I would have given a short history of peaceful Muhammad's life; if it is permitted here; in fact I started it in a forum here but..............

I don't think it would be allowed here again. Maybe they honor your request; one never knows. Let us see.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks
I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim;bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/sects/religions Atheists/Agnostics/Humanists and working for their unity and brotherhood.

http://paarsurrey.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ThereIs1Adonai
Posts: 1674
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:34 pm
Location: Heart of America

Re: Islam vs. Christianity

Post by ThereIs1Adonai »

paarsurrey wrote:Hi friends

I don't agree with you. Moses, Krishna,Jesus and Muhammad; none of them was abusive or violent; they acted appropriately according to the situation to reform the society out of its illnessess as a doctor would do an operation to save a life. They were to save the society;they acted with good intention.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran

Thanks
I do not know much about Krishna, but Moses only killed in defense of a slave who was being murdered, and Jesus never killed anyone. Can you say the same for Muhammed?

Please do not think for a minute he's anywhere in the same league with Moses and Jesus.

Peace, Shalom <------ but not at all costs.
paarsurrey
Posts: 812
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:12 pm

Re: Islam vs. Christianity

Post by paarsurrey »

Moses only killed in defense of a slave who was being murdered
Hi friends

Moses a prince of peace:

Golden calf

Summary of the Biblical narrative
The Worship of the Golden Calf by Filippino Lippi (1457–1504)

When Moses went up onto Mount Sinai to receive the Ten Commandments (Exodus 19:20), he left the Israelites for forty days and forty nights (Exodus 24:18). The Israelites feared that he would not return and asked Aaron to make gods for them (Exodus 32:1). Aaron complied and gathered up the Israelites' golden earrings. He melted them and constructed the golden calf. Aaron also built an altar before the calf. And the next day, the Israelites made offerings and celebrated.

The Lord told Moses that his people had corrupted themselves, and he planned to eliminate them. However, Moses argued and pleaded that they should be spared (Exodus 32:11), and the Lord relented. Moses went down from the mountain, but upon seeing the calf, he too became angry. He threw down the tablets upon which God's law had been written, breaking them. Moses burnt the golden calf in a fire, ground it to powder, scattered it on water, and forced the Israelites to drink it. Aaron admitted collecting the gold, throwing it into the fire, and said it came out as a calf. Moses then gathered the sons of Levi and set them to slaying a large number of men (3000). A plague struck the Israelites. Nevertheless, the Lord stated that he would one day visit the Israelites' sin upon them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_calf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Exodus 32:
Book Of Exodus
< prev | Chapter 32 | next >

The people fall into idolatry. Moses prayeth for them. He breaketh the tables: destroyeth the idol: blameth Aaron, and causeth many of the idolaters to be slain.

http://www.drbo.org/chapter/02032.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim;bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/sects/religions Atheists/Agnostics/Humanists and working for their unity and brotherhood.

http://paarsurrey.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
crazymonkie_
Posts: 1899
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:01 am

Re: Islam vs. Christianity

Post by crazymonkie_ »

Which completely annihilates your point about Moses never being violent. Thanks for the self-pwn, it was a gas.
paarsurrey
Posts: 812
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:12 pm

Re: Islam vs. Christianity

Post by paarsurrey »

Hi friends

Moses was a peer sorry a senior of Jesus; Jesus only followed Moses. Jesus cursed the Jews, it is in Matthew, I think. Should I check and quote from him?

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks
I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim;bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/sects/religions Atheists/Agnostics/Humanists and working for their unity and brotherhood.

http://paarsurrey.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
HomerJay
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:24 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: Islam vs. Christianity

Post by HomerJay »

Moses was a peer sorry a senior of Jesus; Jesus only followed Moses. Jesus cursed the Jews, it is in Matthew, I think.
Jesus was a peer sorry a senior of Mohammed; Mohammed only followed Jesus. Mohammed cursed the Christians; it is in the Quran, I think.

I would have given a short history of peaceful Muhammad's life; if it is permitted here; in fact I started it in a forum here but..............
Don't bother, I got this one. Heard it too many times.

Short History of Peaceful Mohammed's Life: An Unbiased Perspective
We know that Mohammed and his early followers were oppressed by the Quraish. Mohammed had attempted to preach Quran but was constantly disrupted by the jealous idolaters, Christians, and Jews. Did Mohammed retaliate? Of course not. No, after hearing of a murder plot, he sent his people to Medina and followed himself, barely avoiding murder himself. The people of Medinah cried out to Mohammed to be their leader, which he very reluctantly accepted. The Jewish Medinans, however, were stirring up trouble, so he had to let them all leave. It was the most peaceful solution. Mohammed then spent his time building up the Muslims' defence, in order to provide for his people's security (there were a lot of roving bandits in the region). When the people of Mecca, with absolutely no provocation, sent out an overwhelming force to slaughter the peaceful Muslims, Mohammed and his heroic Muslims met them at Badr an defeated them handily. It ws Mohammed's first great defensive victory. In the ensuing years, Mohammed had to repeatedly engage in defensive campaigns to counter the murderous and treacherous tribes that were all inexplicably trying to wipe the Muslims out.

Sick to death of defensive war, Mohammed eagerly accepted a treaty with the Meccans at Hudaibiyah, which the Quraish (naturally) broke two years into the agreement. Mohammed, therefore, was essentially forced to enter Mecca and claim it for Islam. The Meccans were overjoyed at his assumption of leadership, and most converted on the spot, especially when they noting that he hardly ordered any killings after taking the city. There were some treasonous Meccans leaders who obviously merited capital punishment for their evil actions, and they all agreed they deserved it before their execution.

Over the next few years, try s he might, Mohammed could find little time to develop agriculture or business concerns, as he was constantly involved in defensive struggles that constantly kept him on the road. Finally, he was treacherously poisoned by a Jewish non-paid-worker (it figures it would be a Jewish woman). Even on his deathbed though, Mohammed forgave her and gave her gifts of honey and puppies, his dying words were "Jews are definitely NOT sons of pigs and monkeys".
crazymonkie_
Posts: 1899
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:01 am

Re: Islam vs. Christianity

Post by crazymonkie_ »

:lotpot:

Hearing the "real story of Muhammad?" Priceless.
yeezevee
Posts: 6547
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: Islam vs. Christianity

Post by yeezevee »

HomerJay gives help to Muslim Robots with Peaceful Muhammad and his actions.
Short History of Peaceful Mohammed's Life: An Unbiased Perspective

We know that Mohammed and his early followers were oppressed by the Quraish. Mohammed had attempted to preach Quran but was constantly disrupted by the jealous idolaters, Christians, and Jews. Did Mohammed retaliate? Of course not. No, after hearing of a murder plot, he sent his people to Medina and followed himself, barely avoiding murder himself. The people of Medinah cried out to Mohammed to be their leader, which he very reluctantly accepted. The Jewish Medinans, however, were stirring up trouble, so he had to let them all leave. It was the most peaceful solution. Mohammed then spent his time building up the Muslims' defence, in order to provide for his people's security (there were a lot of roving bandits in the region). When the people of Mecca, with absolutely no provocation, sent out an overwhelming force to slaughter the peaceful Muslims, Mohammed and his heroic Muslims met them at Badr an defeated them handily. It ws Mohammed's first great defensive victory. In the ensuing years, Mohammed had to repeatedly engage in defensive campaigns to counter the murderous and treacherous tribes that were all inexplicably trying to wipe the Muslims out.

Sick to death of defensive war, Mohammed eagerly accepted a treaty with the Meccans at Hudaibiyah, which the Quraish (naturally) broke two years into the agreement. Mohammed, therefore, was essentially forced to enter Mecca and claim it for Islam. The Meccans were overjoyed at his assumption of leadership, and most converted on the spot, especially when they noting that he hardly ordered any killings after taking the city. There were some treasonous Meccans leaders who obviously merited capital punishment for their evil actions, and they all agreed they deserved it before their execution.

Over the next few years, try s he might, Mohammed could find little time to develop agriculture or business concerns, as he was constantly involved in defensive struggles that constantly kept him on the road. Finally, he was treacherously poisoned by a Jewish non-paid-worker (it figures it would be a Jewish woman). Even on his deathbed though, Mohammed forgave her and gave her gifts of honey and puppies, his dying words were "Jews are definitely NOT sons of pigs and monkeys".
THAT IS HOME RUN DEAR HomerJay., that needs place on the hard drive for educating Muslims about Peaceful Muhammad in the future..loll..

with best wishes
yeezevee
paarsurrey
Posts: 812
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:12 pm

Re: Islam vs. Christianity

Post by paarsurrey »

HomerJay wrote: Jesus cursed the Jews, it is in Matthew

Hi friends

Yes Jesus cursed the Jews it is in Matthew 23; I just quote some passages from it:

Matthew 23:
14 Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites: because you devour the houses of widows, praying long prayers. For this you shall receive the greater judgment. 15 Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; because you go round about the sea and the land to make one proselyte; and when he is made, you make him the child of hell twofold more than yourselves.

16 Woe to you blind guides, that say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but he that shall swear by the gold of the temple, is a debtor. 17 Ye foolish and blind; for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold? 18 And whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gift that is upon it, is a debtor. 19 Ye blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?

23 Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; because you tithe mint, and anise, and cummin, and have left the weightier things of the law; judgment, and mercy, and faith. These things you ought to have done, and not to leave those undone. 24 Blind guides, who strain out a gnat, and swallow a camel. 25 Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; because you make clean the outside of the cup and of the dish, but within you are full of rapine and uncleanness.

27 Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; because you are like to whited sepulchres, which outwardly appear to men beautiful, but within are full of dead men's bones, and of all filthiness. 28 So you also outwardly indeed appear to men just; but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. 29 Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; that build the sepulchres of the prophets, and adorn the monuments of the just, 30 And say: If we had been in the days of our Fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.

31 Wherefore you are witnesses against yourselves, that you are the sons of them that killed the prophets. 32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. 33 You serpents, generation of vipers, how will you flee from the judgment of hell?

http://www.drbo.org/chapter/47023.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks
I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim;bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/sects/religions Atheists/Agnostics/Humanists and working for their unity and brotherhood.

http://paarsurrey.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ThereIs1Adonai
Posts: 1674
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:34 pm
Location: Heart of America

Re: Islam vs. Christianity

Post by ThereIs1Adonai »

paarsurrey wrote:
Moses only killed in defense of a slave who was being murdered
Hi friends

Moses a prince of peace:

Golden calf

Summary of the Biblical narrative
The Worship of the Golden Calf by Filippino Lippi (1457–1504)

When Moses went up onto Mount Sinai to receive the Ten Commandments (Exodus 19:20), he left the Israelites for forty days and forty nights (Exodus 24:18). The Israelites feared that he would not return and asked Aaron to make gods for them (Exodus 32:1). Aaron complied and gathered up the Israelites' golden earrings. He melted them and constructed the golden calf. Aaron also built an altar before the calf. And the next day, the Israelites made offerings and celebrated.

The Lord told Moses that his people had corrupted themselves, and he planned to eliminate them. However, Moses argued and pleaded that they should be spared (Exodus 32:11), and the Lord relented. Moses went down from the mountain, but upon seeing the calf, he too became angry. He threw down the tablets upon which God's law had been written, breaking them. Moses burnt the golden calf in a fire, ground it to powder, scattered it on water, and forced the Israelites to drink it. Aaron admitted collecting the gold, throwing it into the fire, and said it came out as a calf. Moses then gathered the sons of Levi and set them to slaying a large number of men (3000). A plague struck the Israelites. Nevertheless, the Lord stated that he would one day visit the Israelites' sin upon them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_calf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Exodus 32:
Book Of Exodus
< prev | Chapter 32 | next >

The people fall into idolatry. Moses prayeth for them. He breaketh the tables: destroyeth the idol: blameth Aaron, and causeth many of the idolaters to be slain.

http://www.drbo.org/chapter/02032.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I stand corrected. That story slipped my mind and I thank you for calling it to my attention. There is one slight little difference however between Moses and Muhammed. Moses' indignation was on behalf of the one true God (not the moon god). He had nothing personal to gain, and much to lose if the people turned on him for it. Muhammed took the spoils of war, raping women, etc.

Okay, that said.... I refer you to some other posts on other threads. I do not want to seem like a troll or spammer to say it again. Look for my posts on DISPENSATIONALISM, which explains the age of the law and the age of grace. There was a purpose God had for the age of the Law under Moses. Christ fulfilled the law and ushered in an age of mercy and grace. Centuries later, some Arab decides to take the world back to the age of the law in direct war against God's redemption in Christ. So what Moses did was in line with God's plan for man to learn that the law is harsh and cruel and no man can obtain righteousness by it. What should have been learned is that only God can redeem us from sin and that man is Jesus Christ the Lord. Moses acted under the law because it was the age of the law. Muhammed was just a cruel, selfish, narcissist using this new moon-god worshiping religion to control an army and take whatever he wanted, elevating himself to absolute power in his culture and time. I suspect he did not even expect it to last long beyond his life. But look what the ignorant 7th century minded people have done with it!

Peace, Shalom <----- it is an age of grace you know.
paarsurrey
Posts: 812
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:12 pm

Re: Islam vs. Christianity

Post by paarsurrey »

There was a purpose God had for the age of the Law under Moses
Hi friend/s

Is it your own surmise? Or God Allah YHWH explained it; please mention the claim and the reason thereof, with a straightforward reference. Or coming down; if Moses explained it with reason, please mention the claim and the reason thereof, with a straightforward reference .Or still coming down; are you adding something which God Allah YHWH forgot to mention ; He made a mistake and now you are making amends for Him, though unauthorized.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks
I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim;bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/sects/religions Atheists/Agnostics/Humanists and working for their unity and brotherhood.

http://paarsurrey.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
paarsurrey
Posts: 812
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:12 pm

Re: Islam vs. Christianity

Post by paarsurrey »

Hi Catholic Protestant friends

No response is forthcoming; it is good everybody agree with me.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks
I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim;bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/sects/religions Atheists/Agnostics/Humanists and working for their unity and brotherhood.

http://paarsurrey.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
John Monash
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:21 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Islam vs. Christianity

Post by John Monash »

HomerJay wrote: Short History of Peaceful Mohammed's Life: An Unbiased Perspective
..... Finally, he was treacherously poisoned by a Jewish non-paid-worker (it figures it would be a Jewish woman). Even on his deathbed though, Mohammed forgave her and gave her gifts of honey and puppies, his dying words were "Jews are definitely NOT sons of pigs and monkeys".
Having selflessly served humanity with unflinching altruism, the devout apostle "was treacherously poisoned by a Jewish non-paid-worker. How sad, and damn that ungrateful woman.

Prologue:
And as a lasting legacy for future generations --- including the ungrateful Jewish woman's descendants who, motivated by utter shame, voluntarily departed Arabia --- today, peaceful Muhammad (pbuh) is universally venerated as the only prophet in history to display unrivalled generosity by reluctantly retaining only one-fifth of the spoils graciously donated by vanquished caravan merchants who persistently ambushed the peaceful believers.
User avatar
HomerJay
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:24 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: Islam vs. Christianity

Post by HomerJay »

Don't forget all the staining and dulling of the peaceful Muslims' blades all these predatory caravan types caused.
BTW you mis-spelled 'Profit' of Allah.
When Mohammed saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more caravans to rob."
User avatar
charleslemartel
Posts: 2884
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Throne Of Allah

Re: Islam vs. Christianity

Post by charleslemartel »

HomerJay wrote:Don't forget all the staining and dulling of the peaceful Muslims' blades all these predatory caravan types caused.
BTW you mis-spelled 'Profit' of Allah.
When Mohammed saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more caravans to rob."
John Monash wrote: Having selflessly served humanity with unflinching altruism, the devout apostle "was treacherously poisoned by a Jewish non-paid-worker. How sad, and damn that ungrateful woman.

Prologue:
And as a lasting legacy for future generations --- including the ungrateful Jewish woman's descendants who, motivated by utter shame, voluntarily departed Arabia --- today, peaceful Muhammad (pbuh) is universally venerated as the only prophet in history to display unrivalled generosity by reluctantly retaining only one-fifth of the spoils graciously donated by vanquished caravan merchants who persistently ambushed the peaceful believers.
:lol:

You two have made my day!!!
Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
User avatar
John Monash
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:21 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Islam vs. Christianity

Post by John Monash »

charleslemartel wrote:You two have made my day!!!
All credit to HomerJay :rock:
Cheers
JM
yeezevee
Posts: 6547
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: Islam vs. Christianity

Post by yeezevee »

When Mohammed saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more caravans to rob
here is good place to go and ask questions about Prophet caravans robbing and acting like SODOM

http://www.islam4uk.com/component/artforms/?formid=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you go there and ask questions.. leave FFI link over there., These guys don't like yeezevee questions..they haven't answered a single question so far.. flood the buggers..

yeezevee
Post Reply