The war against Christianity

Debate how Islam compares to other faiths and religions.
ronyvo

Post by ronyvo »

“For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible, See I have told you ahead of time. “
Mat 24:24-25

“Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,” Mat 5:10
“But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.” Mat 5:44
“But we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance, perseverance character, and character hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.” Rom 5:4-5

The war against Christianity, as prophesized, started to be ugly, again. One reason is the spread of Islam. The war was concentrated in the ME. Now, the war is all over the world. Satan, who takes all kind of shapes, forms and ideas is working hard to destroy Christianity.
But, “The gates of Hades will not prevail against it.”

The question is WHY the recent vicious war against Christianity?
The teachings of Christianity, is obviously LOVE NAD PEACE, as shown from the verses above and many others.

Of course, the media is the leader of such ugly attitude.
For instance:
The April 17,2008 News Week magazine under an article “Sealed With a Kiss”, saying that Judas Iscariot was a friend and the closest to Jesus and Jesus ASKED him to betray Him!! Reference: to what is called the gospel of Judas, which is one of the many heretical ideas, like the gospel of Barnaba…etc
All of which have been proven false.
“The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born.” Mat 26:24
“Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss? Luke 22:48….

The April 17 U.S. News Magazine reported under “The Kingdom of Christ”, trying to distort all facts by saying that Jesus’ mission is to form an earthy kingdom.
Whoever reads the Gospel cannot escape the obvious that Jesus’ kingdom is NOT an earthy kingdom, but only heavenly one.
He said it clearly to emphasize this fact to the closed-minded, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jew; but now My kingdom is not from here.” John 19:36

Is this to divert the public’s attention away from the real enemy, which is Islam?
Whatever the media’s reason is, it is easy to prove their false and unprofessional behavior.
In my opinion, this is cowardice. Those so called, reporters know that the Christians are not going to terrorize them or riot, as the case with Muslims. So, they feel free and safe to attack Christianity.
They distort the Bible trying to discredit it, falsely. Yet, they hide the violence in the Koran and call Islam a peaceful religion. Also, it is easy to prove the falsehood of such statement.
Either they are ignorant or playing politics on account of the national security, by deceiving the readers of the real nature of the enemy, whom we at war with.

It is very sad that journalism in the most powerful and advanced country in the world is gone shamefully low. It is a disgrace to our great country that the reporters using the power of the media to divide and confuse the public.
Psycho Bunny

Re: The war against Christianity

Post by Psycho Bunny »

A war against Christianity? Where do I sign up? Do I get a gun?
Chiclets

Post by Chiclets »

What has this got to do with Breaking News on Islam ?
gupsfu wrote:When someone uses the "taken out of context" argument without explaining what it's really supposed to mean, you know he's lying.
Muslims are so secure in their faith that they need to kill those who don’t share it.
debunker
banned

Post by debunker »

by the way, Ronyvo... you're Coptic, right? I heard that your Bible is SUBSTANTIALLY different from the Western Bible, is that true? Like it's not only different translation but it contains different passages/books... is it true?
account suspended for inappropriate language
sword_of_truth

Post by sword_of_truth »

This is a bit like a muslim attitude, here.

He goes and attacks the people making the argument, instead of just refuting the argument. A lot of muslims will riot, but a lot of them will just do precisely what ronyvo did and get all bent out of shape and complain that he's being persecuted. That's a bad attitude. You just refute the argument if you can. I don't accept this particular argument, but it seems fairly obscure to me.

Christianity has SOME nice aspects. That doesn't mean that it is 100% innocent. The Old Testament is plainly a very nasty book, and it's not out of some Satanic desire to bring down Christianity that we criticize it. That's just our opinion. It's not a very nice book. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is. I'm not going to be dishonest and say it's great. Also, Christianity is irrational and doesn't make much sense. Again, that's just my opinion. It's not some big atheist conspiracy, we just find Christianity to be distasteful and unfounded. And it's okay if Christians think that about us. At least to me. It's fine. That's your perception, we're big bad atheists. But we don't need to get into a fight over it. It's just a disagreement, no big deal. Let's not make a big fuss about it. We just agree to disagree and move on.

By the way, people like Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, and Richard Dawkins are anti-Islamic. It's just that Christianity is what they know, and Christians are the ones they mostly have to deal with.
"...if you want my personal preference say I found out that my wife was cheating with me flogging would be too good a punishment."

--fudgy
debunker
banned

Post by debunker »

I guess ronyvo is a she.
Skenderbeg

Post by Skenderbeg »

sword_of_truth wrote:This is a bit like a muslim attitude, here.

He goes and attacks the people making the argument, instead of just refuting the argument. A lot of muslims will riot, but a lot of them will just do precisely what ronyvo did and get all bent out of shape and complain that he's being persecuted. That's a bad attitude. You just refute the argument if you can. I don't accept this particular argument, but it seems fairly obscure to me.

Christianity has SOME nice aspects. That doesn't mean that it is 100% innocent. The Old Testament is plainly a very nasty book, and it's not out of some Satanic desire to bring down Christianity that we criticize it. That's just our opinion. It's not a very nice book. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is. I'm not going to be dishonest and say it's great. Also, Christianity is irrational and doesn't make much sense. Again, that's just my opinion. It's not some big atheist conspiracy, we just find Christianity to be distasteful and unfounded. And it's okay if Christians think that about us. At least to me. It's fine. That's your perception, we're big bad atheists. But we don't need to get into a fight over it. It's just a disagreement, no big deal. Let's not make a big fuss about it. We just agree to disagree and move on.

By the way, people like Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, and Richard Dawkins are anti-Islamic. It's just that Christianity is what they know, and Christians are the ones they mostly have to deal with.
I never read a single negative thing about the life of Mohammed in the main stream media, the media instead of worrying about if Jesus was married or not and wasting our time on those issues, they could instead expose Islam and Mohammed and explain to its readers why their is so much violence and terrorism by Muslims around the world, by being honest and explaining what the Quran actually says and what Mohammed did, killing, robbery, torture, rape, pedophilia, slavery...ordering hate violence and oppression against none Muslims...all the things Jesus was against

Instead the media attack's a peaceful religion like Christianity and calls the violent religion of Islam
a peaceful religion, and not a word about Mohammed's evil violent life....

good is bad, and bad is good with the liberal press.
bunch of dishonest people....their credibility is fast going down the drain.
ixolite

Post by ixolite »

Chiclets wrote:What has this got to do with Breaking News on Islam ?
Nothing. Ronyvo just likes to drop his stuff wherever he is standing. >(
charleslemartel

Post by charleslemartel »

ixolite wrote:
Chiclets wrote:What has this got to do with Breaking News on Islam ?
Nothing. Ronyvo just likes to drop his stuff wherever he is standing. >(
That is called freedom of speech even if appears somewhat inappropriate for the occasion or place :)
Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
elle

Post by elle »

sword_of_truth: He goes and attacks the people making the argument, instead of just refuting the argument.
This is commonly known 'ad hominem' and is a tactic used when the person does not know enough of the topic to rebut the view but then resorts to attacking the messenger. This is what ruins any good intelligent discussion. Unfortunately it is only too common, because the poster is inadequate in his knowledge of, say Islam, but still want to refute the statement by the only way he knows, attack the messenger.
debunker
banned

Post by debunker »

I never read a single negative thing about the life of Mohammed in the main stream media, the media instead of worrying about if Jesus was married or not and wasting our time on those issues, they could instead expose Islam and Mohammed and explain to its readers why their is so much violence and terrorism by Muslims around the world, by being honest and explaining what the Quran actually says and what Mohammed did, killing, robbery, torture, rape, pedophilia, slavery...ordering hate violence and oppression against none Muslims...all the things Jesus was against

Instead the media attack's a peaceful religion like Christianity and calls the violent religion of Islam

Dear S,

You know what I really hope for? Producing a program or a movie or a new series with the title: "Untold Stories from the Bible". Enough movies about Moses splitting the Sea... We want movies about Moses stoning men for waorking on a Satuday, Moses committing EVERY war crime there is on the Midianites, stories on how the city of Jericho was "devoted" to Yahweh, a story on how the tribe of Benjamin was almost wiped out with blessings from Yahweh.... etc, etc.... The Bible is a real treasure full of too many horrific scenes... I wonder why wouldn't the media or hollywood dare to tap into this age old book inspired by non other than Yahweh Himself?
Brendalee

Post by Brendalee »

The Bible, Christianity, Jesus, etc. are regularly criticised and lampooned by the media. And Christians are not even screeching Jesus' name while flying planes into buildings, blowing each other up in marketplaces, attacking each other's churches, or blasting tubes and buses.

A few Mohammad cartoons get printed and riots and bloodshed ensues.

I would like to see Mohammad portrayed in a "Life of Brian" type film. How do you reckon THAT would go over on the "Arab street"?

How about if an "artist" suspended the crescent of Islam in a jar of urine as was done with the cross?

The Catholic Church gets offended by some nutcase conspiracy film, so how many Catholic riots were there and how many people did they slaughter over it?

The BBC aired "Jerry Springer the Opera" here, where a gay Jesus is depicted wearing nothing but diapers. Totally offensive to Christians! Did they burn down the BBC studio? Did some Christian slaughter the producer by planting a knife in his chest in the middle of a public street? Nope. We got nothing more than a bit of news footage showing a well-behaved crowd of maybe a hundred people standing outside of the studio, grumbling a bit and holding up placards in an orderly manner. They didn't even feel the need to burn an effigy.

The Bible has been discredited on TV documentaries, dissected and criticised by everybody and their brother, and lampooned by commedians.

In a secular society, this is all known as freedom of speech and expression.

Such a pity that those in the arts and media who defend this freedom when it comes to Christianity are so scared spitless of Muslim mob violence that they let their fear stop them from excercising that same freedom when it comes to Islam.
elle

Post by elle »

Does that mean that striking fear in the heart of your enemies works? It sure forces PC in your enemy? And that is exactly the effect they expect, respect out of fear!
debunker
banned

Post by debunker »

I would like to see Mohammad portrayed in a "Life of Brian" type film. How do you reckon THAT would go over on the "Arab street"?
**** the Arab street. I promote that both Quranic stories and Biblical stories (especially ALL the untold ones) be aired on every channel.
How about if an "artist" suspended the crescent of Islam in a jar of urine as was done with the cross?
Again, more ignorance... Islam has nothing to do with the crescent... I am willing to piss in public on any crescent I find. **** the crescent.
Brendalee

Post by Brendalee »

elle wrote:Does that mean that striking fear in the heart of your enemies works? It sure forces PC in your enemy? And that is exactly the effect they expect, respect out of fear!
Of course it works, elle. This is why the cowardice of the media, our politicians, artists, etc. is so dispicable.

Look at the recent case of Girt Wilders. He made a film called "Fitna" and was invited to speak in the House of Lords here in London. Now, I have seen Fitna. It is touted by the PC Brigade as a "hate film" but it is merely the showing of terrorist scenes with the verses from the Quran WHICH THE TERRORISTS USE AS THEIR JUSTIFICATION, printed over the scenes. The REASON given by the Home Office (Ms. Smith) for refusing him entry into Britain was that it would cause CIVIL DISORDER. Basically one of our Muslim MPs promised to produce a vast mob of angry Muslims if he was let in. So Ms. Smith blatantly bowed to the threat of violence and was even brassy enough to cite this threat of "civil disorder" as her reason for the Home Office refusing him entry.

I do feel sorry for the Christians. Their religion is derided and ridiculed on every side, including television "documentaries". Sure some are obnoxious. I find that trait in humanity in general though. I once had a friend who was always trying to drag me off to see artful and meaningful subtitled Fellini films. I hated them but even when I made that clear, SHE was passionate about them and kept trying to convert me. Obnoxiousness is not a crime.

A right-wing racist here calls Islam a "vile religion" and the Crown Prosecution Service decide he must be taken to court for committing a "hate crime". The prosecution failed, thank goodness, and he was found not guilty. I personally dispise the man, but even a broken clock is right twice a day, and certainly it would be unthinkable in this country that anyone would ever be prosecuted for saying that Christianity or Judaeism were vile religions.
crazymonkie_

Post by crazymonkie_ »

And that's why, no matter if we despise it, we shouldn't censor hate *speech.*

Acts are another matter entirely- and of course there's always the question of where one draws the line, what's illegal and what's legal. Waaaaay too complicated to get into here, but I'd definitely say the UK is going in the wrong direction with this.

I'd say, when we can all equally be offended by something we consider taboo- or at least really risque- we're going to be going in the right direction with regards to expression and speech.
Skenderbeg

Post by Skenderbeg »

debunker wrote:

Dear S,

You know what I really hope for? Producing a program or a movie or a new series with the title: "Untold Stories from the Bible". Enough movies about Moses splitting the Sea... We want movies about Moses stoning men for waorking on a Satuday, Moses committing EVERY war crime there is on the Midianites, stories on how the city of Jericho was "devoted" to Yahweh, a story on how the tribe of Benjamin was almost wiped out with blessings from Yahweh.... etc, etc.... The Bible is a real treasure full of too many horrific scenes... I wonder why wouldn't the media or hollywood dare to tap into this age old book inspired by non other than Yahweh Himself?
debunker my friend...

I have no problem with a movie about what the Jews did 4000 years ago,but no Jew is stoning people today or are ordered to kill none Jews for all times like the so called last and complete religion I,E Islam...

you see it doesn't matter what the OT said 4000 years ago, because neither Jews or Christians
follow those old outdated laws, but you Muslims follow Mohammed and the Quran word for word
as God final word, and since both the Quran and your prophet teach hate and violence for all time against none Muslims, Islam will always be a threat to us none Muslims, just ask the none Muslims living
in any Muslim country...they are oppressed in all Muslim countries....even Muslims who fall in love
with a none Muslim are not allowed to marry them and are forced to live as Muslims for life..

Islam is like the mafia even worse because those who join the mafia did it as adults and know the rules before then joined, but those born Muslim are killed if they choose to leave Islam...Islam is weak it survives
by terrorizing its own members frst then all other people.

I like to see a movie about Mohammed the cult leaders and all his violence robberies rapes murderers of innocent people, slavery of women and children, his killing and torture for money, marrying a 9 year old as a 54 year old man, and all his other wife's including his adopted son's wife he stole from his own son, it would be a like a Jerry springer show ... but its not funny like the Jerry springer show , we still see the affects around the world even today because of this evil mans violent and evil teachings, just look at Pakistan today its a hell hole because of Mohammed and all the terror going on there, Muslim killing Muslim because Islam only brings violence oppression and death every where it lives....

why haven't Muslims ever made a movie showing the real Mohammed? and nothing but the whole truth about him ?
all his wifes all his murders rapes slavery of women and childeren, robberies torture and hate, his incounter in the cave with the evil spirit, i mean the angel who scared him so bad he wanted to kill himself for months and thought he was possessed by the devil, it would be interesting to see what kind of man over a billion people follow and think he was the best man to ever live on this earth :lol: im sure people would be so willing to join Islam, if u Muslims ever had the guts to make a real movie about the real Mohammed and not the phony spin so many Muslims tell naive people in the west, also inlcuding lying to even Muslims about the real Mohammed..many have no idea about him...like many of us do...
debunker
banned

Post by debunker »

Dear S,

I say: Bring it on!

I really hope for movies depecting all the stories of the Quran and all the untold stories of Yahweh!

I would love to see the reaction of ignorant Christians when they learn (through movies) of bashing the heads of babies on rocks and ripping the bellies of pregnant women and burning whole cities along with its inhabitants as offering to Yahweh...

I just want to see how Christians would react to the UNKNOWN morality of Yahweh. :)
Skenderbeg

Post by Skenderbeg »

debunker wrote:Dear S,

I say: Bring it on!

I really hope for movies depecting all the stories of the Quran and all the untold stories of Yahweh!

I would love to see the reaction of ignorant Christians when they learn (through movies) of bashing the heads of babies on rocks and ripping the bellies of pregnant women and burning whole cities along with its inhabitants as offering to Yahweh...

I just want to see how Christians would react to the UNKNOWN morality of Yahweh. :)
They would react as human beings and be sad, and see it as something that happened 4000 years ago, the same way Jews see it...

How would Muslims react knowning Mohammed butchered 100s of defenceless men and boys tied up then had their heads chopped off, then raping their daughters sisters and wife's and taking them slaves, by Allah's prophet Mohammed....the man who also molests children and steal his own adopted son's wife and make it legal for all Muslims men to do the same including beatings their wifes allowed for all times....

you see again u refuse to see that the OT is just that OLD, and gone, but Islam is still around it claims to be the final and last religion and its full of hate and voilence for all times, this is why Muslims are the most violent people today, violence every where Islam lives...for all times..
debunker
banned

Post by debunker »

They would react as human beings and be sad, and see it as something that happened 4000 years ago, the same way Jews see it...
Yahweh is ageless... after watching these movies they will spit on Yahweh for the herrondous crimes He ordered. The fact that the Jews ignore the Bible, doesn't make up for Yahweh's Satanic nature.

Anyway, if that's what you believe then why don't Christians allow Hollywood to produce movies about untold stories from the Bible? Would you support the production of such movies? Yes/No?
you see again u refuse to see that the OT is just that OLD, and gone, but Islam is still around it claims to be the final and last religion and its full of hate and voilence for all times, this is why Muslims are the most violent people today, violence every where Islam lives...for all times..
I challenge you to bring me one verse that says ALL of the Quran is for ALL time.
How would Muslims react knowning Mohammed butchered 100s of defenceless men and boys tied up then had their heads chopped off, then raping their daughters sisters and wife's and taking them slaves
--> I will not contest the "details" of this account but I invite you to examine the background.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Trench" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
After you read the whole background you'll understand that these men stabbed the Muslims in the back. But compare this to the Israelites that killed everyone in the tribe of Benjamin (men, women, old and babies) and burned their cities just because a few Benjamites killed the concubine of a Levite... Now, that's justice, Yahweh style!
by Allah's prophet Mohammed....the man who also molests children
--> That's a lie... the only claim is that he married a 9 years old, but there are other accounts that she was as old as 21. (Which reminds me, do you believe the lie that Rebekah was only 3 years old when she married Isaac when he was 40?--according to Midrash).
and steal his own adopted son's wife.
--> That's a shameless lie... and in Islam there's no such thing as adopted sons... a man cannot marry his son's ex-wife if he was his son by blood... I don't believe in this baloney that if you call someone your son, then he magically becomes your son. By the way, did you know that our Savior, Lord Jesus Christ is the grandson of the incestual relationship between Judah and Tamar?
including beatings their wifes allowed for all times....
--> the beating wife thingy was for an isolated incident and not for all time... now compare that to selling your own daughter into slavery, as allowed by Yahweh! I guess nothing beats that!