Sun Revolves around the Earth

This section is to show the danger of Islam. It is not for propaganda about Islam.
ygalg

Sun Revolves around the Earth

Post by ygalg »

Senior Saudi Cleric Al-Fawzan: The Sun Revolves around the Earth
“a true believer as a person so fanatically committed to a cause that no amount of reality can make him abandon it” Eric Hoffer

manfred

Re: Sun Revolves around the Earth

Post by manfred »

This is what it says...

In a revelation that has left scientific research across the world in tatters, a top Saudi scholar and cleric has affirmed that the thinking of the Middle Ages was right after all: the Sun does in fact revolve around the Earth.

The startling discovery was announced in January on Saudi Arabia's Channel 1 TV and was related to the world by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI).

Saudi cleric and member of the Saudi Council of Senior Scholars, Saleh Al-Fawzan, was given a platform as follows:
Moderator: "And Allah says in a Koranic verse: 'And the Sun runs towards its stopping point. That is the determination of the All-Powerful, the All-Knowing.'

"Does the Sun revolve around the Earth?"

Switching to guest, Saleh Al-Fawzan: "There's no doubt about it. The Koran says: 'The Sun runs....' Nevertheless, they say that the Sun stands in place and the Earth moves. This contradicts the Koran. Ignoring the Koran and adopting modern theories is not something a Muslim can do. A Muslim must follow the Koran."
Well that's that then. The Sun does in fact revolve around the Earth.
http://www.thecommentator.com/article/4 ... _the_earth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What remains to be done is to behead all astronomers for blasphemy.

So....
SAM, uncung, garudaman, what do you think? Any comment?

The verse the TV presenter quoted is 36:38

Do you agree with the scholar in the clip?
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

Garudaman

Post by Garudaman »

http://www.memri.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Founded in February 1998 to inform the debate over U.S. policy in the Middle East, MEMRI's main office is located in Washington, DC,

if I looked like cleric, maybe I can acting as cleric & makes funny fatwa there, and get paid hefty! :heh:

manfred

Post by manfred »

This clip is simply something taken from an Arab TV programme, it is not staged. Here is the proof:

First this cleric is a well known real person. He also said this
In 2003 a high-level Saudi jurist, Shaykh Saleh Al-Fawzan, issued a fatwa claiming “Slavery is a part of Islam. Slavery is part of jihad, and jihad will remain as long there is Islam
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_views_on_slavery" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More of his pearls of wisdom here, an Muslim website:

http://salaf-us-saalih.com/category/by- ... l-fawzaan/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

His biography is also here, an Islamic website

http://www.fatwa-online.com/scholarsbio ... owzaan.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So I think we agree this is not a fictional character, but a real person/

Now I need to show that the person in the clip is identical with this sheikh.

Well, the very same person answering in the clip is also in a different clip discussing Islam on a Muslim website:

http://www.path2islam.com/play.php?vid=624" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I did not understand all he said, he mumbles and talks quite fast, but he is going on about wearing jewellery, and something about a cat and prayers, don't ask me what. Oh, he also has a thing about cosmetics.

It does not matter what he says there for the purposes of this topic. All we need to do is to make sure the, no matter where the clip is from, it is a real clip and shows exactly what it seems to show.

So, garudaman, where is that leading us?

manfred

Post by manfred »

So...
gentlemen, garudaman, uncung SAM, as this is not fiction or fake, as we have seen, it seems you have no comment at all?

pr126

Post by pr126 »

There is more. I wonder if Allah knows this. I am sure if you look hard enough, you will find this in the Quran. :sly:

Galaxy Rotation
Our galaxy is rotating incredibly slowly, however. It takes the Sun 220 million years to complete a single orbit around the galaxy. In the 4.6 billion years that the Sun and planets have been here, they’ve only rotated around the center of the galaxy about 20 times.
Islam: an idea to kill and die for.

manfred

Post by manfred »

Garudaman wrote:what for? whatever whoever said, QS. 36:38 clearly just said that sun have fixed/own orbit, right? ;)
Indeed it does.

Like the moon too.

Round the earth.

manfred

Post by manfred »

and the sun sets in a muddy pool?

piscohot

Post by piscohot »

Garudaman wrote:yeah, like the moon too, which also have fixed/own orbit! ;)
do you believe the sun goes under Allah's throne each night, waiting for permission to rise again the next day?

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 4, Book 54, Number 421:
Narrated Abu Dhar:

The Prophet asked me at sunset, "Do you know where the sun goes (at the time of sunset)?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know better." He said, "It goes (i.e. travels) till it prostrates Itself underneath the Throne and takes the permission to rise again, and it is permitted and then (a time will come when) it will be about to prostrate itself but its prostration will not be accepted, and it will ask permission to go on its course but it will not be permitted, but it will be ordered to return whence it has come and so it will rise in the west. And that is the interpretation of the Statement of Allah: "And the sun Runs its fixed course For a term (decreed). that is The Decree of (Allah) The Exalted in Might, The All-Knowing." (36.38)
Quran miracle (16:69) : Bees eat ALL fruits
Quran miracle (27:18) : an ant SAID, "O ants, enter your dwellings that you not be crushed by Solomon and his soldiers while they perceive not."

piscohot

Post by piscohot »

Garudaman wrote:
manfred wrote:and the sun sets in a muddy pool?
http://corpus.quran.com/qurandictionary.jsp?q=grb#(18:86:7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

sets in the west side of muddy pool (consider nghayn-ra-ba is west)!

;)
meaning to say that the sun moved (sets), the sun moved round a fixed earth.

do you believe that the sun goes under the throne of Allah each night, Garudaman?
Quran miracle (27:18) : an ant SAID, "O ants, enter your dwellings that you not be crushed by Solomon and his soldiers while they perceive not."

Garudaman

Post by Garudaman »

piscohot wrote:meaning to say that the sun moved (sets), the sun moved round a fixed earth.
oh, now I get it, but no, it say that sun looks moved! remember Dzulkarnain there?
piscohot wrote:do you believe that the sun goes under the throne of Allah each night, Garudaman?
of course I believe that earth rotation is under the authority of God!

;)

piscohot

Post by piscohot »

Garudaman wrote:
piscohot wrote:do you believe that the sun goes under the throne of Allah each night, Garudaman?

;)
1. you did not answer the question.

2. the quran mentioned that the sun and moon moved in an orbit. Where did it say the earth too moved in an orbit?

piscohot

Post by piscohot »

ygalg wrote:Senior Saudi Cleric Al-Fawzan: The Sun Revolves around the Earth
he would make a lovely pair with the guy below

manfred

Post by manfred »

Where does it say in the Qur'an that the earth rotates?

Garudaman

Post by Garudaman »

QS. 27:88. And you see the mountains, thinking them rigid, while they will pass as the passing of clouds. [It is] the work of Allah , who perfected all things. Indeed, He is Acquainted with that which you do.

;)

piscohot

Post by piscohot »

Garudaman wrote:QS. 27:88. And you see the mountains, thinking them rigid, while they will pass as the passing of clouds. [It is] the work of Allah , who perfected all things. Indeed, He is Acquainted with that which you do.

;)
really, Garudaman.
this verse is supposed to mean that the earth rotates?

:lol:

come on, surely you can do better than this.

tafsir of ibn kathir explained the verse: (And you will see the mountains and think them solid, but they shall pass away as the passing away of the clouds.) (27:88) meaning, you will see them as if they are fixed and as if they will remain as they are, but they will pass away as the passing away of the clouds, i.e., they will move away from their places.