Turkey's national hero Ataturk

Prove Islam is from God, why it is the 'One True Religion'.
zimtor

Turkey's national hero Ataturk

Post by zimtor »

Turkey’s leader Mustafa Kemal Atatürk is reported to have said -
“Islam, this absurd theology of an immoral Bedouin, is a rotting corpse which poisons our lives.”

" I have no religion, and at times I wish all religions at the bottom of the sea. He is a weak ruler who needs religion to uphold his government; it is as if he would catch his people in a trap. My people are going to learn the principles of democracy, the dictates of truth and the teachings of science. Superstition must go. Let them worship as they will; every man can follow his own conscience, provided it does not interfere with sane reason or bid him against the liberty of his fellow-men."

* Quoted in Atatürk: The Biography of the founder of Modern Turkey, by Andrew Mango; "In a book published in 1928, Grace Ellison quotes [Atatürk], presumably in 1926-27", Grace Ellison Turkey Today (London: Hutchinson, 1928)

We do not consider our principles as dogmas contained in books that are said to come from heaven. We derive our inspiration, not from heaven, or from an unseen world, but directly from life.

* Statement (1 November 1937), as quoted in Atatürk: The Biography of the founder of Modern Turkey (2002) by Andrew Mango

"Turks were a great nation even before they adopted Islam. This religion did not help the Arabs, Iranians, Egyptians and others to unite with Turks to form a nation. Conversely, it weakened the Turks’ national relations; it numbed Turkish national feelings and enthusiasm. This was natural, because Mohammedanism was based on Arab nationalism above all nationalities."

* Yurttaslik Bilgileri, Yenigun Haber Ajansi (1997 edition) p. 18

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk (1881 - 10 November 1938) Turkish army officer and revolutionist statesman. Also, he was the founder and first President of the Republic of Turkey; known most of his life as Mustafa Kemal, he was given the name Atatürk by the Grand National Assembly of Turkey in 1934.

brainwashed

Re: Turkey's national hero Ataturk

Post by brainwashed »

Pervez Musharraf was becoming Kamal Ataturk of Pakistan but fanatics succeeded in expelling him hence the reformation of Pakistani society remained incomplete.

expozIslam

Post by expozIslam »

brainwashed wrote:Pervez Musharraf was becoming Kamal Ataturk of Pakistan but fanatics succeeded in expelling him hence the reformation of Pakistani society remained incomplete.
No, you are wrong. Pervez musharraf was not interested in making Pakistan a liberal state. PLease read more about him and his acts. There is not even one leader in Pakistan who tried to make it a liberal country- atleast I don't know any. JInnah might have been but he died very soon after Pakistan formation.
“The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.”

zimtor

Post by zimtor »

More quotes...

Our life here is truly hellish. Fortunately, my soldiers are very brave and tougher than the enemy.
What is more, their private beliefs make it easier to carry out orders which send them to their death.
They see only two supernatural outcomes: victory for the faith or martyrdom.
Do you know what the second means? It is to go straight to heaven.
There, the houris, God's most beautiful women, will meet them and will satisfy their desires for all eternity.
What great happiness!

* Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, letter to Corinne Lütfü, from the Gallipoli peninsula (20 July 1917) as translated in Atatürk: The Biography of the founder of Modern Turkey (2002) by Andrew Mango. ISBN 158567334X
-----------

The Koran! well, come put me to the test—
Lovely old book in hideous error drest—
 Believe me, I can quote the Koran too,
The unbeliever knows his Koran best.

And do you think that unto such as you,
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew,
 God gave the secret, and denied it me?—
Well, well, what matters it! believe that too.

* Omar Khayyám, Rubaiyat (1048–1123)

----------

The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth.

* Omar M. Ahmad, Chairman of the Board, Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), at the Islamic Conference in Freemont,

-----------
"The Earth is flat. Whoever claims it is round is an atheist deserving of punishment."
Fatwa ( Religious edict ) issued by :
Ibn Baz (Abd-al-Aziz ibn Abd-Allah ibn Baaz), the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia.

brainwashed

Post by brainwashed »

Dear Zimtor,

Can u guide us that despite liberal teachings and early success of Kamal Ataturk, why Trkey is going downward and becoming more Islamic day by day. How the Mullahs penetrated. Why Turkey is still a semi-developed, semi-liberal country.

zimtor

Post by zimtor »

Compared to the other Islamic countries around it, Turkey is
advanced and more secular.
This is due to the all powerful military's constant presence in the national agenda
and politics. The military is a secular and have always smashed any
attempt to bring Islam into the mainstream politics of the country.

Turkey considers itself more towards Europe and less. It is proud of
its identity as Turks and does not like to be seen as associated with
the Arabs.

Nevertheless now a days, as Turkey moves more towards democracy,
some Imams and Mullas are trying to use reliogion to get a political
power base. But always the wary military stands by to slap them
if they go too far.

junkmaster

Post by junkmaster »

Alas, if only God had bless the Arabs with men like Mustafa Kemal Atatürk and Omar Khayyám , instead of cursing them with Muhammad, we might all be out enjoying life and each other.

jm
"I wish the Bald Eagle had not been chosen as the representative of our country; he is a bird of bad moral character; like those among men who live by sharping and robbing, he is generally poor, and often very lousy. The turkey is a much more respectable bird." - Benjamin Franklin

planck

Post by planck »

Ataturk was truly a great man. He really had tremendous foresight and loads of common sense. He realized that there was no future in an islamic Turkey. He knew that modern democratic liberal societies were the only ones who could succeed.

Muslims hated him though, and they still do. They accused his mother of being a jew and thereby him too.

Here's a great documentary on him.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... =firefox-a
Upward and onward in the fight against Islamic tyranny

paarsurrey

Post by paarsurrey »

zimtor wrote: "He is a weak ruler who needs religion to uphold his government; it is as if he would catch his people in a trap. My people are going to learn the principles of democracy, the dictates of truth and the teachings of science. Superstition must go. Let them worship as they will; every man can follow his own conscience, provided it does not interfere with sane reason or bid him against the liberty of his fellow-men."

Hi friend zimtor

I don't mind if a ruler is a secular one. He has only to rule and provide a good governence and justice to his people. Religion and state ,therefore, must be separate.

I congratulate that the Turks had a good national leader in the form of Kamal Ataturk; if he was not a good Muslim; that is his personal accout with God.

Islam favours a tolerant regime doing justice with everybody.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim
I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim;bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/sects/religions Atheists/Agnostics/Humanists and working for their unity and brotherhood.

http://paarsurrey.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

expozIslam

Post by expozIslam »

paarsurrey wrote: Islam favours a tolerant regime doing justice with everybody.
Islam is a discriminatory political system that goes against human rights. You being in UK is because of intolerance of islam and I am surprised to see you support the same system. :huh:
“The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.”

paarsurrey

Post by paarsurrey »

expozIslam wrote:
paarsurrey wrote: Islam favours a tolerant regime doing justice with everybody.
Islam is a discriminatory political system that goes against human rights. You being in UK is because of intolerance of islam and I am surprised to see you support the same system. :huh:
Hi friend expozIsalm

UK is not a land discovered by the Atheists Agnostics or ruled by them. Every national of UK have the same rights and the same pride. What makes you think that you are better than others ie Jews, the Christians, Hindus , Muslim?

Please quote a verse from Quran where it says that only tyrant, discriminating and cruel form of goverment should be adopted.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim
I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim;bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/sects/religions Atheists/Agnostics/Humanists and working for their unity and brotherhood.

http://paarsurrey.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;