all things are in pairs?

Prove Islam is from God, why it is the 'One True Religion'.
Takeiteasynow

Re: all things are in pairs?

Post by Takeiteasynow »

And don't forget transgender organisms! Some fish switch identity if a new love rival arrives.
Abraham= H'ammu'rab(b)i, Historical Muhammad=Benjamin of Tiberias. Theological: Mahmud from Najran Islam: Syncretic Israelite Yahwishm Deity: nameless, epithets Dsr, El Qutbay, ʼAlâhâ, Allāh. Ka'ba: Kutha => Samaria => Petra=> Makkah. Hijrah 622: Petra => Kerak

SAM

Post by SAM »

Ariel wrote:
Let me try SAM. I am not as clever as Manfred, not in my wildest dreams, but internet is my friend. Nowadays you can find an answer for most questions on internet..

Here we go...not being paired
Spoiler! :
The Qur'an leaves out asexual organisms

Asexual reproduction is found in the majority of living organisms, including most plants, protists (e.g. bacteria, protozoans, and unicellular algae and fungi), and many lower invertebrates such as tapeworms

Other examples of asexual reproductive organisms are hydrae and many lower plants (e.g. ferns). Some organisms are also capable of regeneration, a specialized form of asexual reproduction, for example starfish, polyps, zebrafish, flatworms, newts, and salamanders. Many plants are capable of total regeneration. Among animals, the lower the form, the more capable it is of total regeneration; no vertebrates have this power (except artificially in the lab). Regeneration is closely allied to vegetative reproduction, the formation of a new individual by various parts of the organism not specialized for reproduction. The highest animals that exhibit vegetative reproduction are the colonial tunicates (e.g. sea squirts), which, much like plants, send out runners in the form of stolons, small parts of which form buds that develop into new individuals.
Are you still with me? :smartass:
The Qur'an leaves out hermaphrodites

Some creatures, including plants, are totally hermaphrodites. For example, sponges, snails, the slug-like sea hare, and some kinds of deep-sea arrow worms are hermaphrodites, that is, they have both sexes in one body.

Some creatures also change their sex during their life-cycles: Quahogs (hard-shell clams) are born and grow up male, but later half of them turn female. Slipper shells and cup and saucer shells do this too; they commence every season as males, but nearly all of them later pass through a phase of ambisexuality and turn into adult females. Some species change sex depending on their environment, such as the marine worm Ophryotrocha, if the portly young females are later underfed they revert back into males again. Some fish can also change sex spontaneously, for example some groupers and guppies.

Some apologists may try to claim that hermaphrodites are actually a male-female pair as both sexes are included in the one organism. It may be that in a population some hermaphrodites act as males while others act as females. This claim, of course, would be totally wrong as a hermaphrodite, by definition, is both male and female at once, even if performing one of its sexual functions at the one time.
The Qur'an leaves out parthenogenetic organisms.

Parthenogenesis is a form of reproduction in which the ovum develops into a new individual without fertilization.

Muhammad apparently did not know about the 15 species of whiptail lizard (genus Cnemidophorus) that are wholly parthenogenetic, for example Cnemidophorus tigris (Western whiptail) and C. neomexicanus, nor did he know about the Ambystomids, the unisexual hybrid salamanders.[3]

He also did not know about the Island or Brahminy Blind Snake, Ramphotyphlops braminus, the only parthenogenetic snake in the world which happens to originate from the Pacific Islands (lands unknown to Arabs in Muhammad’s time).
Find out more here.
But no worry SAM. Don't break your handsome head over it. Mohammed was not omniscient. He did not have access to a microscope or a Level 1 biology textbook.

Bye SAM. Have a nice day.
Your main source is wikiislam which belongs to FFI's own library. :library: :lotpot:

The theories of science were accepted but were later proven wrong?
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.
Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance."
(2:120)

SAM

Post by SAM »

manfred wrote:you can read SAM? a virus does not come "in pairs". A rock does not. A hair does not. A leaf ....

A pair means two things that belong together, and each is diminished by the absence of the other. How come you cannot see that there are a great many things no in a "pair" all around you?
Don't be so idiot ... leaves are formed in the shape of trees, and so are hair formed in one body, not separation.

Allah says “we created everything in pairs” the intended meaning was living things. This verse talks about the substance since everything is made of substances.

Allah says the following in verse: ”Allah has created various pairs from what pops up from earth, own kinds and many things that are unknown.”

Muslims already know that 1400 years ago, Muslims did not need to be scientists. :smartass:

At present, kafir scientists have just learned that substances consist of pairs. Since the living things that do not consist of pairs consist of substances, this verse is completely true.
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

SAM wrote:Your main source is wikiislam which belongs to FFI's own library. :library: :lotpot:

The theories of science were accepted but were later proven wrong?
Ai...You are a hard nut to crack Sam. :( Let see. I think you are going to like this site. It is about Sex and Sexuality

And this site is also about sex. sex in fungi. I am sure this is going to be a very interesting read for an intellectual like you.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.

manfred

Post by manfred »

Allah says “we created everything in pairs” the intended meaning was living things. This verse talks about the substance since everything is made of substances.
It seems that Allah says whatever you wishes SAM...
This is what we find in the Quran...
(it is he) That has created pairs in all things, and has made for you ships and cattle on which ye ride,
Qur'an 43:12

Point out where are says "oh, this is about living things, that is what I mean"
and also where Allah says "pairs" really means "substances".

and then you suggest
leaves are formed in the shape of trees,
So, to you, all leafs look like trees? I think you need glasses, SAM.
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

SAM

Post by SAM »

Ariel wrote:Ai...You are a hard nut to crack Sam. :( Let see. I think you are going to like this site. It is about Sex and Sexuality

And this site is also about sex. sex in fungi. I am sure this is going to be a very interesting read for an intellectual like you.
These are atheist theories that do not believe in the existence of a Creator. You can buy it, not me.

manfred

Post by manfred »

"atheist theories"? A biological article about fungus?

Thank you for explaining though how Muslims these days are to backwards in education, science and technology. You cannot even bring yourself to read anything scientific, in case it shakes up something from the Qur'an.

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

manfred wrote:no eagle, nothing to ponder, an obvious evasion nothing more. Tentatively, we can suggest a garbled reference to Noah, as in the context we have talks of ships an rain. Most likely old Mo had a bit too much of his palm wine when he put this together.
Tentatively, you should try pondering on how you and the spider in your attic are pairs. Give your tentative answer here and we will move from there

manfred

Post by manfred »

eagle, I am not going to force some non-existent sense into Mohammed's statement. If you want to go ahead.

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Saying the pairing intended is gender based is not forcing "some non-existent sense" into the verse? Which evidence do you have for your faulty understanding?

manfred

Post by manfred »

Eagle wrote:Saying the pairing intended is gender based is not forcing "some non-existent sense" into the verse? Which evidence do you have for your faulty understanding?
eagle, when you realise that the obvious meaning of the text is a nonsense, and then you start changing what it says, so that you get something you can live with, that is forcing things into the text.
(it is he) That has created pairs in all things,
In what sense are there pairs in all things? ALL things. Dead or alive. ANY thing at all. So, a random pebble on the beach is paired with what?

SAM

Post by SAM »

manfred wrote:"atheist theories"? A biological article about fungus?

Thank you for explaining though how Muslims these days are to backwards in education, science and technology. You cannot even bring yourself to read anything scientific, in case it shakes up something from the Qur'an.
Western kafir without stealing the knowledge of Islamic scholars such as Ibn Al-Haytham, Al-Zahrawi, Abbas bin Firnas, Al-Biruni, Avicenna, Averroes, Ibn al-Nafis, ibn Musa al-Khwarizmi, Alhazen, Ibn Khaldun, etc. . they will still live in the time of dark ages era.

manfred

Post by manfred »

Again trying to change the subject SAM? Some early Muslims preserved and translated some works of the Greek, others destroyed a great deal more. And that is the sum total of "Islamic science" we should be every so grateful for.

Ariel asked you read a biology text on fungi. Only a short one. That was too much for you as it may contain facts that rattle your cage. Hilariously then you come along and talk about the "amazing" contributions of Islam to science.

(Allah play cloud billiard, mountains are pegs, the earth is flat and the sun goes round it. Ants talk. Sperm is produced between the back bone and the ribs.... and so on)

If you choose to be backward and primitive, don't lecture others about what amazing things your religion contributed to science.

Instead tell me what is the "other" to a random pebble on the beach.

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

manfred wrote:eagle, when you realise that the obvious meaning of the text is a nonsense, and then you start changing what it says, so that you get something you can live with, that is forcing things into the text.
That's not answering the question. How does one come to the conclusion that what is intended is gender pairing specifically and exclusively?
manfred wrote:In what sense are there pairs in all things? ALL things. Dead or alive. ANY thing at all. So, a random pebble on the beach is paired with what?
With you and all of creation ultimately. The minerals that make up this insignificant pebble before it landed on the insignificant shore the spiritually blind sees without perceiving the higher realities, have affected the cycle of life and induced a chain of events that led to you looking at it today

manfred

Post by manfred »

That's not answering the question. How does one come to the conclusion that what is intended is gender pairing specifically and exclusively?
But clear that is not what I concluded, so that is a distraction, not a question.

With you and all of creation ultimately. The minerals that make up this insignificant pebble before it landed on the insignificant shore the spiritually blind sees without perceiving the higher realities, have affected the cycle of life and induced a chain of events that led to you looking at it today
That is a nonsense answer on a number of counts.

1) a pair is HOW MANY?
"me and all creation" are how many?

2) a pair means that each supplements the other and each is less without the other. How am I less of a person when a random pebble is destroyed?

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

You want the pairing to be sexual complementarity exclusively. What makes you think it is the "obvious interpretation"?

You on one side, and all creation on the other for a pair. You and every individual among that group also form a pair. Every atom of your body and the same in another individual are also paired.

The pebble did not appear out of nowhere. The million of years that led to its current form have affected a chain of events that led to you looking at this screen

manfred

Post by manfred »

eagle, as usual you are obfuscating. I asked you about a pebble and you talk about sex. It seems this preoccupies you a lot.

If some things are very similar to other things, that does not make a pair. And a pair is 2 (TWO). So what ONE other thing is "opposite number" of the pebble? Cause and effect are not pairs. All things in pair. So were is the other, the ONE other, to a random pebble.

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

You presented the pairing in the Quran as erroneuous because it supposedly speaks of sexual pairing in nature. You have not provided evidence for the claim.

The pairing alluded to is not in terms of similarities but complementarity, interdependence. The Quran uses that argument in the context of providing reasonable proof for an Independent Cause.

manfred

Post by manfred »

No, eagle, that is not what it says. A causal chain is NOT a pair. It has many links.

You said "ALL" things are in pairs... but you cannot name the one other to make a pair of a pebble. So obviously not all things are in pairs.

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Causality is the indicator of your complementarity with the pebble.