In search for the historical Mohammed

Prove Islam is from God, why it is the 'One True Religion'.
manfred

Re: In search for the historical Mohammed

Post by manfred »

Hombre wrote:manfred
I admire Prof Kedar & have met him while attending few of his fascinating lectures. He is one of my most credible sources on Islam. From him I learned Jews heavy influence on Islam. People like Ka'ab - a Jew who fled Yemen to Mekkah. He lived in Muhammad 's grandfather house & said to have taught Muhammad all about Judaism. It than explains the heavy influence of the Hebrew Bible (and later NT) on Muhammad's doctrine forming Islam.
There are a number of lectures of his on the internet, all excellent, clearly presented and detailed, and always balanced.

He speaks fluent Arabic too.
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

Hombre wrote:
Takeiteasynow wrote:It's an interesting theory but entirely historiographical. It has a major problem: why would 'Arab' pilgrims continue with Hajj-rituals (counter clockwise circumambulation) at Jerusalem for another 300 years? Was Mecca not ready yet to receive all those pilgrims?
No it was not - because Adam & Abraham were still busy building the Ka'aba. They had to wait for the cranes to arrive from Australia to lift the black stone into its position where it is now located. :lotpot: As for the reason for the counter-clock movement. Who knows perhaps they think it increases the testosterone & appetite to make babies.
(Just don't go there with me on the topic of the ka'abah)
:bggrn: Well I am not here to appease you. You have your opinion - based upon late historiographical and dogmatic views, no problemo. I prefer to use the archeological, epigraphical record and our database of contemporary accounts - a scientific approach in stead of a classical apologetical one.

I can easily ignore your newspaper source and refer for instance to the Armenian Sebeos account that describes how Mahmed first established a community comprising Ishmaelites and Jews based on their common descent from Abraham then others that Jewish groups built a place of worship on the Temple Mount before the 'Ishmaelites' took ownership.
Abraham= H'ammu'rab(b)i, Historical Muhammad=Benjamin of Tiberias. Islam: Syncretic Israelite Yahwishm Deity: nameless, epithets Dsr, El Qutbay, ʼAlâhâ, Allāh. Ka'ba: Kutha => Samaria => Petra=> Makkah. Hijrah 622: Petra => Kerak

Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

I am not familiar with the work of Prof. Mordchai Kedar from Bar-Ilan University but his WIKI page tells that he likes to launch conspiracy theories.
In a rally to support Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu on the 30th of October 2019, Kedar raised a conspiracy theory and suggested Igal Amir is not the assassin of Prime Minister Itzhak Rabin. That idea was rejected publicly by Prime Minister Netanyahu on the following day.
Perhaps his interpretation of the meaning of the "further Mosque" is just another one? :whistling:
Last edited by Takeiteasynow on Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abraham= H'ammu'rab(b)i, Historical Muhammad=Benjamin of Tiberias. Islam: Syncretic Israelite Yahwishm Deity: nameless, epithets Dsr, El Qutbay, ʼAlâhâ, Allāh. Ka'ba: Kutha => Samaria => Petra=> Makkah. Hijrah 622: Petra => Kerak

Takeiteasynow

Post by Takeiteasynow »

A more practical explanation is that Abd allah Ibn al-Zubayr blocked the pilgrimage of "northern" "Messianic Judeo-Christians" to Petra as this city was built in a "southern" Thamudic Ishmaelic tradition - as a consequence these pilgrims chose Jerusalem as an alternative location (apparently Golgotha).

Then Abdul Malik had to deal with this religious dilemma - unfortunately his experiment with the "Dome of the Rock" didn't work out as expected and enabled the Abbasids to create an alternative location for pilgrimage basedupon the Thamudic tradition from Petra - Mecca, first attested in Iraq (720-740 AD) before being moved to the Hijaz to accommodate the Thamudic Himyarite tribes from Yemen.