what's in a name?

Prove Islam is from God, why it is the 'One True Religion'.
Nosuperstition
Posts: 3815
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:45 am

Re: what's in a name?

Post by Nosuperstition »

Fernando wrote:
Takeiteasynow wrote: But is it Malak or Malik? Work in progress.
The Curse of Defective Scripts strikes again.
In Urdu as well as Hindustani , malik means a male lord / male master and the equivalent for the female one is malkin.
palli or halli in Dravidian languages means a village just like gaav in Aryan languages means a village.palli or halli in Aryan Mauryan Imperial era around 200 B.C designates a tribal hamlet.So many of those in South India are indeed descendants of tribals and are still keeping up that heritage.

User avatar
SAM
Posts: 4353
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:31 pm
Location: Arasy

Re: what's in a name?

Post by SAM »

Ariel wrote:
SAM wrote: Thus, Isaac and Isaiah are both Mary's sons.. :lotpot:
What is the matter with you SAM. :clueless: Are you playing stupid ?

Isaac is one of the three patriarchs of the Israelites.

Abraham‎ (father); ‎Sarah‎ (mother)
Children‎: ‎Esau‎; ‎Jacob

Isaiah is the first of four Major Prophets . He wrote the Book of Isaiah.

The Qur'an has made mention of him in the following two Verses:
And Isma'il and Idris and Dhul-kifl; all were men of constancy and patience. We admitted them into out mercy because they were of the righteous ones. (21:85. 86)

And remember Isma'il, Elisha and Dhul-kifl. Each of them was of the company of the good. (38:48)
Don't act like a fool SAM. People might think you are mentally deficient.
You didn't answer my question that's why I fooled you. :roll: What made Mary give her son's name, Isa.
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.
Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance."
(2:120)

User avatar
SAM
Posts: 4353
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:31 pm
Location: Arasy

Re: Part of Mary's story gave birth to her son, Isa

Post by SAM »

frankie wrote: SAM

The Quran proves it is a man made fabrication,i.e.it gets things wrong, quoting from it then is futile and meaningless.

Your god Allah proves it is a fake, he did not even know the name of his most respected of prophets, if he cannot even get this right, there is not much hope for the rest of alleged "revelations."
No need to keep dodging and just give me a simple, straight-forward answer? What made Mary give her son's name, Isa.
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.
Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance."
(2:120)

frankie
Posts: 2612
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Part of Mary's story gave birth to her son, Isa

Post by frankie »

SAM wrote:
frankie wrote: SAM

The Quran proves it is a man made fabrication,i.e.it gets things wrong, quoting from it then is futile and meaningless.

Your god Allah proves it is a fake, he did not even know the name of his most respected of prophets, if he cannot even get this right, there is not much hope for the rest of alleged "revelations."
No need to keep dodging and just give me a simple, straight-forward answer? What made Mary give her son's name, Isa.

SAM
What made Mary give her son's name, Isa.
Why ask me,don't you know your own scriptures?

If anyone is dodging here, it is the god you believe in, who gives you the name of one of his most respected of prophets a name nobody can understand, because it cannot be translated into any language.

User avatar
SAM
Posts: 4353
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:31 pm
Location: Arasy

Re: Part of Mary's story gave birth to her son, Isa

Post by SAM »

frankie wrote:
SAM
What made Mary give her son's name, Isa.
Why ask me,don't you know your own scriptures?

If anyone is dodging here, it is the god you believe in, who gives you the name of one of his most respected of prophets a name nobody can understand, because it cannot be translated into any language.
Let me ask you again according to your Bible, What makes Mary and Joseph their baby names Yesu, Yeshua, Iesous or Jesus?
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.
Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance."
(2:120)

User avatar
manfred
Posts: 11617
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:29 pm

Re: what's in a name?

Post by manfred »

Mary and Joseph would obviously choose a HEBREW name for her son. He was also circumcised like any Jew, shortly after birth...

"Isa" is not a Jewish name. And it is not even the Arab rendering of his name. So how it is get into the Qur'an when it does not fit facts?

There is something else you perhaps are unaware of.


Many Hebrew names mean something
Yeshua (rendered in Greek as Jesus) means "God is salvation".

In Matthew's gospel we are told the reason for the name:
20 But after he [Joseph] had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus,[because he will save his people from their sins.
So the name alludes something about this new child, an expectation, a reason for being. His very name tells us about how forgiveness of sin is achieved. Not your prayers or your fasting or anything at all you do, it is GOD's doing.

This very reason has been rejected by Mohammed, so much so, that he could not even bear that the name remained to remind people who he was. So we get "ISA", a non-descript, bland name, without meaning, to fit with the pointless version of Jesus Mohammed preached, the failed prophet without a message, only there to point at Mohammed the perfect and wonderful.
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

User avatar
Takeiteasynow
Posts: 787
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 8:24 pm

Re: what's in a name?

Post by Takeiteasynow »

Nosuperstition wrote:
Fernando wrote:
Takeiteasynow wrote: But is it Malak or Malik? Work in progress.
The Curse of Defective Scripts strikes again.
In Urdu as well as Hindustani , malik means a male lord / male master and the equivalent for the female one is malkin.
Does the Urdu or Hindustani language has a word or phrase, deriving from Semitic root m-l-k and likely introduced by Arab invaders, that means 'messenger'?
Abraham= H'ammu'rab(b)i, Historical Muhammad=Benjamin of Tiberias. Islam: Syncretic Israelite Yahwishm Deity: nameless, epithets Dsr, El Qutbay, ʼAlâhâ, Allāh. Ka'ba: Kutha => Samaria => Petra=> Makkah. Hijrah 622: Petra => Kerak

User avatar
Ariel
Posts: 7776
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:34 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: what's in a name?

Post by Ariel »

SAM wrote:You didn't answer my question that's why I fooled you. :roll: What made Mary give her son's name, Isa.
She didn't SAM. You know she didn't .

Image
The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.

User avatar
Takeiteasynow
Posts: 787
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 8:24 pm

Re: what's in a name?

Post by Takeiteasynow »

Best approach is to examine how the name Isa is written in the earliest Quranic manuscripts and check if the name is written without vowels and diacritical marks. If so, the original name is of Hebrew or Moabite origin and probably Esau.

And guess what?
Abraham= H'ammu'rab(b)i, Historical Muhammad=Benjamin of Tiberias. Islam: Syncretic Israelite Yahwishm Deity: nameless, epithets Dsr, El Qutbay, ʼAlâhâ, Allāh. Ka'ba: Kutha => Samaria => Petra=> Makkah. Hijrah 622: Petra => Kerak

User avatar
Hombre
Posts: 3741
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:18 am

Re: Part of Mary's story gave birth to her son, Isa

Post by Hombre »

SAM wrote:[What makes Mary and Joseph their baby names Yesu, Yeshua, Iesous or Jesus?
You are so fu...ked up can't even see straight. You mix Surahs in your quran with those in both HB & NT.

Quran Sura 2 - Al-Baqara (MADINA) : Verse 136
Say (O, Muslims): “We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us, and in what has been revealed to Ibrahim, Isma‘il (Ishmael), Ishaq (Isaac), Ya‘qub and his children, and in what has been given to Musa and ‘Isa (Jesus) and what has been given to the prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between any of them, and to Him we submit ourselves.”
This is typical evidence how your Quran makes no sense. People who had lived 1000 to 1700 years apart - in Quran they are the same people.

The original "Isa" is the same Eisav (עשו) the brothr of Jackob (Yaakov) and grandson of Patriarch Abraham.

for the 1000 times. Get it in your head. Quran contains no words of Allah nor the enchilada - only a poor copy from the HB & NT.

User avatar
manfred
Posts: 11617
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:29 pm

Re: what's in a name?

Post by manfred »

Nosuperstition wrote:
Fernando wrote:
Takeiteasynow wrote: But is it Malak or Malik? Work in progress.
The Curse of Defective Scripts strikes again.
In Urdu as well as Hindustani , malik means a male lord / male master and the equivalent for the female one is malkin.
in Hebrew it means king. (מלך)

In Arabic it is the same... (ملك)

It is just the vowels are a bit different, and the end sound is a bit harder in Arabic.

It's "malek" or sometimes "melek" Arabic and "melech" in Hebrew. "ch" as in Scottish "Loch". Some Jews also say "melek".

Simiarly, the words for "queen" also closely relate to the Urdu words you mention....

In Hebrew, a queen is (מלכה) which sounds like "malkah"
The Arabic is (ملكة) more or less "malika"or "melika"
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

User avatar
SAM
Posts: 4353
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:31 pm
Location: Arasy

Re: what's in a name?

Post by SAM »

manfred wrote:
Many Hebrew names mean something
Yeshua (rendered in Greek as Jesus) means "God is salvation".

In Matthew's gospel we are told the reason for the name:
20 But after he [Joseph] had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus,[because he will save his people from their sins.
It's not Mary's own words, but you made an effort. You should to try again.
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.
Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance."
(2:120)

User avatar
SAM
Posts: 4353
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:31 pm
Location: Arasy

Re: what's in a name?

Post by SAM »

Ariel wrote: She didn't SAM. You know she didn't .
That's a good point..Ariel :wink:
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.
Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance."
(2:120)

User avatar
manfred
Posts: 11617
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:29 pm

Re: what's in a name?

Post by manfred »

It's not Mary's own words
What is this nonsense all about? Are you feeling well?
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

User avatar
manfred
Posts: 11617
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:29 pm

Re: what's in a name?

Post by manfred »

It's not Mary's own words
What is this nonsense all about? Are you feeling well?
What made Mary give her son's name, Isa.
That is like "What made SAM decide to have a tattoo on his backside which reads "I looooovee pork chops".....?"

Isa was not his name and so you can stop asking silly questions.


I gave you the passage from Matthew to read, so now you want me to take Mary to Singapore for you to question her?
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

User avatar
manfred
Posts: 11617
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:29 pm

Re: what's in a name?

Post by manfred »

SAM, duplicate posts get deleted.
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

User avatar
SAM
Posts: 4353
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:31 pm
Location: Arasy

Re: what's in a name?

Post by SAM »

manfred wrote:SAM, duplicate posts get deleted.
I answered your question with questions. All those questions I asked you did not specifically address individually.

No need to keep dodging and just give me a simple, straight-forward answer?

What makes Mary and (false husband) Joseph their baby names Yesu, Yeshua, Iesous or Jesus?
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.
Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance."
(2:120)

User avatar
manfred
Posts: 11617
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:29 pm

Re: what's in a name?

Post by manfred »

Refer to the account from Matthew's gospel as given above. And your question is terrible English.... Did you go to school?

Furthermore, as you are asking questions in such a way that to answer would mean you accept the false premise you are peddling, there is really not a lot more to be said.

Would you like to answer:

"What made SAM decide to have a tattoo on his backside which reads "I looooovee pork chops".....?" If you say "But I didn't" I just repeat it over and over until you get fed up and then claim you love pork chops as you have a corresponding tattoo... you stopped denying it. You really are not very bright....

The topic here is not anything at all about Mary, but about the issue that Jesus has a name in the Qur'an that is different to all Christian, Jewish and pagan sources.
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

frankie
Posts: 2612
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: what's in a name?

Post by frankie »

SAM wrote:
manfred wrote:SAM, duplicate posts get deleted.
I answered your question with questions. All those questions I asked you did not specifically address individually.

No need to keep dodging and just give me a simple, straight-forward answer?

What makes Mary and (false husband) Joseph their baby names Yesu, Yeshua, Iesous or Jesus?

SAM

What should concern you more is why a meaningless, non Arabic word like Isa found its way into a book said to be the verbatim words of an omniscient being, who had no trouble at all using the Arabic versions of the names of other alleged prophets,e.g.Musa, Yahya, Ibrahim, but stumbled translating the name of his most respected one of all.

Jesus is called this name because that is the name prophesied in the Bible, which is why Gabriel was sent to Mary to tell her to name the child she was going to give birth to as Yeshua,meaning "God Saves"

Luke 1:28-36

28 And he came to her and said, “Greetings, O favoured one, the Lord is with you!”[a] 29 But she was greatly troubled at the saying, and tried to discern what sort of greeting this might be. 30 And the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favour with God. 31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over the house of Jacob for ever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.”

34 And Mary said to the angel, “How will this be, since I am a virgin?”

35 And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born[c] will be called holy—the Son of God.

User avatar
SAM
Posts: 4353
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:31 pm
Location: Arasy

Re: what's in a name?

Post by SAM »

frankie wrote:
SAM

What should concern you more is why a meaningless, non Arabic word like Isa found its way into a book said to be the verbatim words of an omniscient being, who had no trouble at all using the Arabic versions of the names of other alleged prophets,e.g.Musa, Yahya, Ibrahim, but stumbled translating the name of his most respected one of all.

Jesus is called this name because that is the name prophesied in the Bible, which is why Gabriel was sent to Mary to tell her to name the child she was going to give birth to as Yeshua,meaning "God Saves"

Luke 1:28-36

28 And he came to her and said, “Greetings, O favoured one, the Lord is with you!”[a] 29 But she was greatly troubled at the saying, and tried to discern what sort of greeting this might be. 30 And the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favour with God. 31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over the house of Jacob for ever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.”

34 And Mary said to the angel, “How will this be, since I am a virgin?”

35 And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born[c] will be called holy—the Son of God.


and you shall call his name Jesus..The name Jesus, is false and meaningless. The correct one is Isa.

the Son of God.This is wrong, the correct one is Isa, son of Mary
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.
Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance."
(2:120)

Post Reply