who is the Qur'an FOR?

Prove Islam is from God, why it is the 'One True Religion'.
manfred

who is the Qur'an FOR?

Post by manfred »

Let me here place some texts from surah 33, and then you decide who the Qur'an is for and what purpose it serves. Warning... that surah really is quite disturbing.
And yet they had already covenanted with Allah not to turn their backs, and a covenant with Allah must (surely) be answered for. Say: "Running away will not profit you if ye are running away from death or slaughter; and even if (ye do escape), no more than a brief (respite) will ye be allowed to enjoy!
33:15-16
O Prophet! Say to thy Consorts: "If it be that ye desire the life of this World, and its glitter,- then come! I will provide for your enjoyment and set you free in a handsome manner. But if ye seek Allah and His Messenger, and the Home of the Hereafter, verily Allah has prepared for the well-doers amongst you a great reward. O Consorts of the Prophet! If any of you were guilty of evident unseemly conduct, the Punishment would be doubled to her, and that is easy for Allah.
33:28 - 31
It is not fitting for a Believer, man or woman, when a matter has been decided by Allah and His Messenger to have any option about their decision: if any one disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he is indeed on a clearly wrong Path.
33:36
Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things.
33:40

And
obey not (the behests) of the Unbelievers and the Hypocrites, and heed not their annoyances, but put thy Trust in Allah. For enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs
33:49
O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee; and daughters of thy paternal uncles and aunts, and daughters of thy maternal uncles and aunts, who migrated (from Makka) with thee; and any believing woman who dedicates her soul to the Prophet if the Prophet wishes to wed her;- this only for thee, and not for the Believers (at large); We know what We have appointed for them as to their wives and the captives whom their right hands possess;- in order that there should be no difficulty for thee. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Thou mayest defer (the turn of) any of them that thou pleasest, and thou mayest receive any thou pleasest: and there is no blame on thee if thou invite one whose (turn) thou hadst set aside. This were nigher to the cooling of their eyes, the prevention of their grief, and their satisfaction - that of all of them - with that which thou hast to give them: and Allah knows (all) that is in your hearts: and Allah is All-Knowing, Most Forbearing
33:50 -51
O ye who believe! Enter not the Prophet's houses,- until leave is given you,- for a meal, (and then) not (so early as) to wait for its preparation: but when ye are invited, enter; and when ye have taken your meal, disperse, without seeking familiar talk. Such (behaviour) annoys the Prophet: he is ashamed to dismiss you, but Allah is not ashamed (to tell you) the truth. And when ye ask (his ladies) for anything ye want, ask them from before a screen: that makes for greater purity for your hearts and for theirs. Nor is it right for you that ye should annoy Allah's Messenger, or that ye should marry his widows after him at any time. Truly such a thing is in Allah's sight an enormity.
33:53
Those who annoy Allah and His Messenger - Allah has cursed them in this World and in the Hereafter, and has prepared for them a humiliating Punishment.
Verily Allah has cursed the Unbelievers and prepared for them a Blazing Fire, to dwell therein for ever: no protector will they find, nor helper. The Day that their faces will be turned upside down in the Fire, they will say: "Woe to us! Would that we had obeyed Allah and obeyed the Messenger!" And they would say: "Our Lord! We obeyed our chiefs and our great ones, and they misled us as to the (right) Path. Our Lord! Give them double Penalty and curse them with a very great Curse!"
33:64-68
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"
ISLAM_rules

Re: who is the Qur'an FOR?

Post by ISLAM_rules »

Quran is for MUSLIMUN and not for KAFFIRUN like you.
It warn you many time and time. So you are dead meet.
Fernando

Post by Fernando »

ISLAM_rules wrote:Quran is for MUSLIMUN and not for KAFFIRUN like you.
Funny that: other Muslims tell us that the Koran is for all people at all times. Are you sure you are not misrepresenting Allah? I imagine there is a severe punishment for that.
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah
manfred

Post by manfred »

Fernando wrote:
Funny that: other Muslims tell us that the Koran is for all people at all times. Are you sure you are not misrepresenting Allah? I imagine there is a severe punishment for that.
Fernando I am not answering that guy...

The purpose of the posting an abbreviated version of surah 33 is to show a constant theme:

obedience of Mohammed, even "not annoying Mohammed", fighting for Mohammed, following Mohammed, never argue with Mohammed...

It really gets drilled in here in this surah. Mohammed is also set apart from the LOWER class of people who are his followers. He is not one of them, and he has no sons among them...

It really becomes very clear here what the Qur'an is really for: to control people completely, under MOHAMMED's rule.

And of course, this is followed by ample threats of terrible things, some of which I included.

It really is so plain what game is being played here that the only mystery is that Muslims cannot see it.

Islam-rules calls me a "kafir" which is someone who covers things up. Well I haven't covered anything up, I have displayed them, quite without comment at first.

So who is covering things up, he or me?
piscohot

Post by piscohot »

Besides the above, these 2 incidents points to the verses being more of a reaction by Muhammad to a situation, rather than a revelation by Allah.

1. The burning of the palm trees of Banu Nadir.
When Muhammad ordered the burning of the palm trees of Banu Nadir, the jews mocked him for going against his word of not destroying fruit bearing trees.

Then sura 59:5 was revealed : Whatever you have cut down of [their] palm trees or left standing on their trunks - it was by permission of Allah and so He would disgrace the defiantly disobedient.

Why would destroying fruit trees disgrace the jews? They may feel shocked, sad or outraged but disgraced?
Rather it seemed that Muhammad felt disgraced by the jews calling him out and hence replied that it was the jews who were disgraced.
Remember the trees were destroyed before the verse was revealed. So when Muhammad burned the trees, no permission had yet been given by Allah.

2. the revelation of sura 111

Muhammad's uncle Abu Lahab admonished Muhammad when Muhammad falsely raised an alarm (of attack from intruders) early in the morning just so that Muhammad can preach Islam to the people who gathered.

Abu Lahab said to Muhammad : "Perdition to thee! Was it for this that thou assembled us?"
And again Muhammad reacted with a revelation from 'Allah' : “May the hands of Abu Lahab perish, may he (himself) perish "

If this is indeed the revelation of Allah, is Allah not sure if the hands of Abu Lahab or Abu Lahab himself will perish?
Quran miracle (16:69) : Bees eat ALL fruits
Quran miracle (27:18) : an ant SAID, "O ants, enter your dwellings that you not be crushed by Solomon and his soldiers while they perceive not."
iffo

Post by iffo »

Muhammad was such s fraud. Kept on making these quran surah for his own benefits.
Its sad even educated sensible but at the same time desperate muslims can not see this.
Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

manfred wrote:
Fernando wrote:
Fernando I am not answering that guy...

The purpose of the posting an abbreviated version of surah 33 is to show a constant theme:

obedience of Mohammed, even "not annoying Mohammed", fighting for Mohammed, following Mohammed, never argue with Mohammed...

It really gets drilled in here in this surah. Mohammed is also set apart from the LOWER class of people who are his followers. He is not one of them, and he has no sons among them...

It really becomes very clear here what the Qur'an is really for: to control people completely, under MOHAMMED's rule.

And of course, this is followed by ample threats of terrible things, some of which I included.

It really is so plain what game is being played here that the only mystery is that Muslims cannot see it.

Islam-rules calls me a "kafir" which is someone who covers things up. Well I haven't covered anything up, I have displayed them, quite without comment at first.

So who is covering things up, he or me?
According to muslim viewpoint Allah sent prophets to all nations on earth,however they covered up such a monotheism and began to worship prophets and other created beings instead.So the infidels seem to be basically covering up the idea of pure monotheism of Allah and being thankful to him.

However from the point of view of archaeology and anthropology,monotheism itself evolved from polytheism and vice versa is not true.
palli or halli in Dravidian languages means a village just like gaav in Aryan languages means a village.palli or halli in Aryan Mauryan Imperial era around 200 B.C designates a tribal hamlet.So many of those in South India are indeed descendants of tribals and are still keeping up that heritage.
manfred

Post by manfred »

Well, the world's oldest religions tend to be polytheistic... but this sort "branched out" variously, in some also very old religions there are no gods as such, for example in Buddhism, or they simply tacitly allow the local traditions. In Japan and China religion is also not necessarily connected with deities.

The first monotheistic religion was in Egypt, the worship of the "sun disk" instituted by Akenaten, but it did not last long. Then came the Jewish faith, and interestingly there are some texts from Akenaten which made it into the Hebrew bible, the book of psalms to be precise, with some modifications.

It is however difficult to find supporting evidence that Judaism "evolved" from some kind of polytheism. On the other hand we do have sources, quite a few of them, telling us that supposedly monotheistic Jews at various point in their history got involved with polytheism. For example, a fair amount of the writings of the prophets, specially Jeremiah, discuss this issue.

There is also evidence that monotheistic concepts influenced other religions, such as Hinduism: we are told of "one divine essence" and "many manifestations" for example.

So the various branches of religions influenced each other as they had contact with each other, sometimes in getting closer, sometimes the reaction was rejection. Only the relatively isolated religions of China and Japan are quite different in that respect.
Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

It is however difficult to find supporting evidence that Judaism "evolved" from some kind of polytheism.
"Yehowah and his Asherah" read the Kuntillet Arjud inscriptions.If one goes by how the theory of evolution of biological species is arrived at using minutely different fossils,it shows that later day Hebrew people gave up Asherah altogether in favour of Yehovah.
palli or halli in Dravidian languages means a village just like gaav in Aryan languages means a village.palli or halli in Aryan Mauryan Imperial era around 200 B.C designates a tribal hamlet.So many of those in South India are indeed descendants of tribals and are still keeping up that heritage.
manfred

Post by manfred »

"Yehovah" is a nonsense word, and not the name of the Hebrew deity. Asherah is a Sumerian female deity. It was, by some, also worshipped in Israel, but several hundred years AFTER Moses. Jeremiah is possibly complaining about this religion having found its way into Israel. And Asherah was never seen as a kind of consort to JHWH.