Cat Stevens tells it as it is

Prove Islam is from God, why it is the 'One True Religion'.
katlike

Cat Stevens tells it as it is

Post by katlike »

http://www.islamicboard.com/world-affai ... lence.html

IToday, as a Muslim, I have been shattered by the horror of recent events; the display of death and indiscriminate killing we've all witnessed has dented humanity's confidence in itself. Terror on this scale affects everybody on this small planet, and no one is free from the fallout. Yet we should remember that such violence is almost an everyday occurrence in some Muslim lands: it should not be exacerbated by revenge attacks on more innocent families and communities.
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction. Blaise Pascal

katlike

Re: Cat Stevens tells it as it is

Post by katlike »

Read the whole post, cat stevens is a tool. Lost all respect for him, he certainly did not earn any back with this post. Decide for yourself.
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction. Blaise Pascal

peterpin

Post by peterpin »

Hi,
I can get the link to work... Is it working for you,so my computer is playing up, or is there some kind of typo?

ringmaster

Post by ringmaster »

peterpin wrote:Hi,
I can get the link to work... Is it working for you,so my computer is playing up, or is there some kind of typo?
Not to worry.

Nothing Cat Stevens can say will change the fact that he is a worthless POS.
The prophet of Islam was nothing more than a common criminal.

Please tell me if this is accurate:

“I have fabricated things against God and have imputed to Him words which He has not spoken.”
~MUHAMMAD (Al-Tabari 6:111)

antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

Quote from poster at above link:
On the basis of principle, Islam prohibits targeting innocent people such as women, children, and others like them even when there is actually a war being waged between the Muslims and the disbelievers. Disbelief, in and of itself, is not a justification to kill someone.
Tell that to Allah:

We drowned the people who denied Our Signs. (Qur'an, 7:64)
"Prophet Muhammad...bought, sold, captured, and owned slaves" SOURCE: BBC website
"Muhammad is considered to be a perfect model" SOURCE: BBC website

ringmaster

Post by ringmaster »

Like I said. Cat Stevens is about as far down the human curve one can go. In fact, disbelief is islam's worst sin.
The prophet of Islam was nothing more than a common criminal.

Please tell me if this is accurate:

“I have fabricated things against God and have imputed to Him words which He has not spoken.”
~MUHAMMAD (Al-Tabari 6:111)

peterpin

Post by peterpin »

I finally managed to have a look...
A big smoke screen. ALL of that has been dealt with here several times, in detail.

This one is a good one:
Stephan Geogiou/Cat Stevens wrote:The Qur'an specifically declares:
"If anyone murders an (innocent) person, it will be as if he has murdered the whole of humanity. And if anyone saves a person it will be as if he has saved the whole of humanity." (5:32)
Two things wrong here.
1)The Quran does not "declare" this, the quran has copied this badly from the Talmud.
2 He actually misquotes the quran leaving out a crucial part. It really says
quran 5:32 wrote:On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.
Look closely at the difference, so pathetic...

First, the whole passage does not make a general statement, it it simply says that this was revealed to the Jews. (Even though no orthodox Jew regards the Talmud as divinely inspired) So he forgot to mention that this is not a moral principle at all that applies to Muslims at all, it is merely a comment on a NOW, WITH MOHAMMED, IRRELEVANT revelation to the Jews. Allah did not say, "I am telling YOU" he only said he told the Jews.

Second, note the qualification not present in the Talmud: "except for murder and spreading mischief in the land". Spreading Mischief is a term so wide that it provides a blanket excuse to kill pretty much anyone. In the1990's a group of Trappist monks living in the desert of Algeria,had their throat slit in their beds by a group of Muslims. They never leave the monastery virtually never speak, except for prayer. They allow guests, but force nobody to come near them and they always live in very remote places. Their mere presence was enough "mischief in the land".

Third, in the talmud is says "saves the whole world". The quran has "people". Well, the only real people are other Muslims. We all know what non-Muslims are according to the quran. Cat Stevens misquotes that by saying "all humanity". The quran means Muslim people, not rats, apes and pigs,like Jews,Christians or members of any other religion or none.

Thatis just one item in his article. I can't beleve he put that much diarrhea in one place, and allows other people to see it, abrogated verses, Islam means peace... he must think everybody else is an idiot.

There many other bits that should be debunked in that forum. I wonder what would happen if I joined? I probably get banned within 10 minutes. If I get a "co-conspiritor", I'll try... any offers? :lol:

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Is this the end of Islam for Cat Stevens? Or is the end for Cat Stevens.
POP SINGER YUSUF ISLAM (formerly Cat Stevens prior to his conversion to Islam) says: “I used to be an icon of the majority but now I am part of the minority who are looked down upon”

Well, what do you expect? The singer, who rose to fame as Cat Stevens, changed his name to Yusuf Islam when he converted to Islam in 1977 but now wants to be known as Yusuf Cat Stevens, is candid about his conversion and the fallout that ensued. Stevens shared, “That was very difficult because at one point I was an icon of the majority and now I am part of the minority who are looked down upon and certainly, to a large extent, misunderstood.”

The Guardian (h/t Mary C) The singer-songwriter now known as Yusuf Cat Stevens has spoken of the pain of his decision to leave music behind in 1977, when he first converted to Islam, and of the difficulty of being used as a representative of an entire faith.

“It was a hard tug. I felt a responsibility to my fans, but I would have been a hypocrite. I needed to get real. So I stopped singing and started taking action with what I now believed,” he said. The singer, who first performed as Cat Stevens, adopted the name Yusuf Islam when he changed faith. He now uses both first names.

Stevens said he had originally wanted to serve as a bridge between two great cultures, yet, while Islam welcomed its famous convert, western audiences were hostile. “On the other side, people said, ‘He is a bit of a traitor’. He has ‘turned Turk’, if you like. So I was often used as a bit of a spokesman, and I was useful for certain occasions.”

The 72-year-old British musician, still internationally famous for songs such as Father and Son, The First Cut is the Deepest, Moonshadow and Wild World, said he had hoped fans would understand that he felt he had found something more important than music, but he was wrong.

“I thought, ‘Everybody should get this’, but it didn’t work out quite like that. Everyone wanted me to keep on making music.” Speaking on BBC Radio 4’s Desert Island Discs on Sunday, the singer, who was born Steven Demetre Georgiou in London’s Soho to a Greek Cypriot father and a Swedish mother, also talked about the joy he felt when he decided to pick up his guitar again after 20 years.

One of the most upsetting times for Stevens, he reveals, was his portrayal as a supporter of the Iranian fatwa that forced the novelist Salman Rushdie into hiding in 1989. “I was certainly not prepared or equipped to deal with sharp-toothed journalists,” he said. “I was cleverly framed by certain questions. I never supported the fatwa. I had to live through that.”

The spiritual journey that led to Islam began with a serious bout of tuberculosis in his teens. In hospital in Midhurst in Sussex for three months, he started to read Buddhist literature. A few years later, his brother gave him a Qur’an and the Muslim teachings, alongside an episode in which he nearly drowned while swimming in the sea off Malibu, this took him to the point of conversion to Islam. “I would never have picked up a Qur’an. But it became the gateway. After a year I could not hold myself back. I had to bow down.”
The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.

frankie

Post by frankie »

Yusuf Cat Stevens is a liar just like his prophet.

LONDON, May 22 1989" -- The musician known as Cat Stevens said in a British television program to be broadcast next week that rather than go to a demonstration to burn an effigy of the author Salman Rushdie, ''I would have hoped that it'd be the real thing.''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYnWtPytvhI

Cat Stevens is on film advocating the death of Salman Rushdie, an author whose book named the Satanic Verses caused Muslims around the world to call for his death.
Cat Stevens is just voicing the opinion of his co coreligionists,a man who is as dangerous as the ideology he now follows,an invention of a deluded pagan Arabian,who used warfare as his modus operandi to bring the world into submission to a pagan idol.

Question to Muslims:
why do you want to belong to a faith which puts you at war with your fellow man, just because he believes differently to you?

pert

Post by pert »

"You can insult the Christians, the Buddhists, the Hindus, the Jews. You can slander the Catholics, you can spit on the Madonna and Jesus Christ. But, woe betide the citizen who pronounces a word against the Islamic religion. " Orianna Fallaci

antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

Islam subsequently clarified that he was not condoning the killing of Rushdie
No, he was just endorsing it by

simply stating that, in the Koran,

which he had chosen to believe in and follow,

blasphemy is punishable by death.
"Prophet Muhammad...bought, sold, captured, and owned slaves" SOURCE: BBC website
"Muhammad is considered to be a perfect model" SOURCE: BBC website