Is Islam a culture?

Prove Islam is from God, why it is the 'One True Religion'.
The Cat

Is Islam a culture?

Post by The Cat »

Can Islam be labeled a culture or is it merely a nihilistic and crushing ideology?
To ponder over this, I'll bring an excerpt from Ali Sina's article: Islamophobia.

http://www.faithfreedom.org/oped/sina40622.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You have the temerity to demand that Islam be recognized as a contributor to this civilization? What has been the contribution of Islam to western civilization?

You claim that “Islamic values are not only compatible with the western values they are almost identical.” Do the Westerners practice polygamy, wife-beating, stoning, hand-chopping, flogging, beheading, clitoridectomy or honor-killing? What is it that you find identical between western civilization and Islamic barbarity? Is democracy an Islamic value adopted by the Westerners? Is the Universal Declaration of Human Rights an Islamic concept?

You say “Western culture is in fact based on Muslim culture”. Sir, Islam does not have a culture. What you mistake as Islamic culture is the culture of the civilized countries that Islam subdued. That culture is destroyed now. Is there any reference to Algebra, Chemistry, Astronomy, architecture, Medicine or philosophy in the Quran? Does Islam encourage poetry, sculpture, painting, dance or music? These are the foundations of any culture and Islam has nothing to do with them. Many of the exponents of these sciences and arts in Islamic countries were apostates. Terrorism however, is very Islamic. The Quran is full of verses that advocate murder, decapitation, genocide and terror. So you can say "Islamic terrorism" but you can't say "Islamic culture".
I hope for your enlightening comments over this subject.
Thanks.
Authority has the same etymological root as authenticity.

nobody

Re: Is Islam a culture?

Post by nobody »

The Cat wrote:Can Islam be labeled a culture or is it merely a nihilistic and crushing ideology?
It is both. Idelogy comes first and culture comes the second. The way the muslims performing the Islam is as good as identical. I break my fast in the mosque with mix of different nationalities. We do thing with ease and than follow with the prayer together with identical method of prayer. By right it should be much more than this, but it's good enough at present. Better than the others anyway.

By right also Islam is designed to murder the racism once and for all. But for some reason this one is real tough as hell to kill.

The Cat

Post by The Cat »

nobody wrote:
The Cat wrote:Can Islam be labeled a culture or is it merely a nihilistic and crushing ideology?
It is both. Idelogy comes first and culture comes the second. The way the muslims performing the Islam is as good as identical. I break my fast in the mosque with mix of different nationalities. We do thing with ease and than follow with the prayer together with identical method of prayer. By right it should be much more than this, but it's good enough at present. Better than the others anyway.

By right also Islam is designed to murder the racism once and for all. But for some reason this one is real tough as hell to kill.
Hi nobody...
As far as I'm concerned, Tunisia or Turkey, Egypt or Iran have cultures. Islam doesn't. There's nothing cultural in the Koran,
nor in the Hadiths, nor in the Sharia. There are all precepts of haram/halal, do and don't, in which no culture is to be found.

Is there an Islamic couscous or an Islamic belly dancing? Nothing of the kind, I guess...
There is an Islamic architecture (?) but it looks like the exception confirming the rule.
Authority has the same etymological root as authenticity.

Ram

Post by Ram »

Question: Is Islam a culture?
Answer: No, Islam is barbarity.
वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्।
سارا سنسار ایک پریوار ہے۔
The Whole World is a Family.

Cassie

Post by Cassie »

Islam is indeed a culture because the teachings of Muhammad have frozen the Muslims culturally in the seventh century. All that hatefulness towards disbelievers and misogynism, and that awful arabocentrism enforces a backward sand culture. Instead of forward-thinking and progress, Muslims are backward, violent, and savage. Muslims dress like they have for centuries, they think like they have for centuries, they act like they have for centuries. Only they have better 'kafir-developed/invented' weapons.

Pragmatist

Post by Pragmatist »

As Cassie says it is indeed a culture a culture of megalomania with a clearly stated goal of world POLITICAL domination. Unfortunately the stupid Western Politicians swallow the 'Peaceful Religion ' BS even when the TRUTH is hitting them in the face on a daily basis. The ONLY reason for this is either FEAR, SELF DELUSION or GREED or maybe a combination of all three.
Does a God create you simply to punish you in Hellfire well PREDESTINATING evil, illogical, sadistic allah DOES.

zulbrain

Post by zulbrain »

To: Ram, Cassie and Pragmatist

The Cat started a good topic to be discussed and teh three of you, in mho ahve destroyed teh topic. Hope the Moderator sends your psots to the trash bin.

All of you could ahve started with defining religion, civilizations and culture first followed by doing a critique on the psot by Ali Sina. Instaed, you put muslims off by psoting usual garbage. You could ahve also shown other barbarious cultures and religions. chuckle

Plaese do not kill a good topic.

Cassie

Post by Cassie »

I think I am sticking to the topic "Is Islam a culture". I actually disagree with Ali Sina on this - with my contention that Islam is indeed a culture. However, it is a bad unprogressive evil savage Arabocentric culture. Just because you don't like to hear the truth doesn't mean we are destroying this thread.

OrientExpress

Post by OrientExpress »

Islam (submit; obey) was originally the mindset or mental attitude or pattern of behavior of this 7th century man. It infects man's brain. Its nature is to dominate man into submission and destroy or tear cultures into shreds.

Pragmatist

Post by Pragmatist »

zulbrain wrote:To: Ram, Cassie and Pragmatist

The Cat started a good topic to be discussed and teh three of you, in mho ahve destroyed teh topic. Hope the Moderator sends your psots to the trash bin.

All of you could ahve started with defining religion, civilizations and culture first followed by doing a critique on the psot by Ali Sina. Instaed, you put muslims off by psoting usual garbage. You could ahve also shown other barbarious cultures and religions. chuckle

Nulbrain no need for you to continue demonstrating to everyone just what a fool you are we already know. All the posts your infantile complaint referenced were exactly on topic. BTW spellchecker is a very easy option to select and it will stop your posts being just about unreadable and looking so dyslexic. Unfortunately spell checker will not put a brain in your head or repair the damage Islam has done to it if there ever was one there in the first place. I have highlighted your abundant mistakes to help you. No need for you to thank me. :*) :*) :*)
Does a God create you simply to punish you in Hellfire well PREDESTINATING evil, illogical, sadistic allah DOES.

zulbrain

Post by zulbrain »

Pragmatist wrote:

Nulbrain no need for you to continue demonstrating to everyone just what a fool you are we already know. All the posts your infantile complaint referenced were exactly on topic. BTW spellchecker is a very easy option to select and it will stop your posts being just about unreadable and looking so dyslexic. Unfortunately spell checker will not put a brain in your head or repair the damage Islam has done to it if there ever was one there in the first place. I have highlighted your abundant mistakes to help you. No need for you to thank me. :*) :*) :*)
I ahve aksed a brotehr to correct all my typos. ahve given him my passwrod. He will do it. Substance matters most. Your psots are neat and claen but in terms of substance, they ahve no value. chuckle

Pragmatist

Post by Pragmatist »

zulbrain wrote:
Pragmatist wrote:

Nulbrain no need for you to continue demonstrating to everyone just what a fool you are we already know. All the posts your infantile complaint referenced were exactly on topic. BTW spellchecker is a very easy option to select and it will stop your posts being just about unreadable and looking so dyslexic. Unfortunately spell checker will not put a brain in your head or repair the damage Islam has done to it if there ever was one there in the first place. I have highlighted your abundant mistakes to help you. No need for you to thank me.
I ahve aksed a brotehr to correct all my typos. ahve given him my passwrod. He will do it. Substance matters most. Your psots are neat and claen but in terms of substance, they ahve no value. chuckle
Seems like your so called typos and misspelling is not as I first thought accidental it now appears to be quite deliberate and another clue to the state of your mind. You are not worth wasting any more time with. :prop: :prop: :prop:

winston

Post by winston »

zulbrain wrote:
Pragmatist wrote:
Seems like your so called typos and misspelling is not as I first thought accidental it now appears to be quite deliberate and another clue to the state of your mind. You are not worth wasting any more time with. :prop: :prop: :prop:
Zulbrain is BMZ trying to evade another ban.
http://www.jihadwatch.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.thereligionofpeace.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.prophetofdoom.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.islam-watch.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.faithfreedom.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pragmatist

Post by Pragmatist »

winston wrote:
zulbrain wrote:
Pragmatist wrote:
Zulbrain is BMZ trying to evade another ban.
Well he certainly matches him for stupidity as does B.O.G. Perhaps the Mods should check them both out.

sunshine

Post by sunshine »

Is Islam a Culture..?
Of course it is a culture. but a DESTRUCTIVE and PARASITIC CULTURE.
islam has crushed every other culture whenever it invaded any country. Many muslim countries today are not allowed to celebrate their new year festival which was once an unseperable part of their culture. Mullahs would say profit mo has only sanctioned two Eid for you. nothing else is acceptable. Look around Iran which had a rich culture before mohammed's cult invadad it. There is nothing indeigenious thing left in Iran other than Islam. Islam simply cannot coexist with any other culture because of its destrucive and vile nature. Not a single Islamic country has their own set of customs and traditions which is able to go along with this evil cult.
Your beliefs become Your thoughts, Your thoughts become Your words, Your words become Your actions, Your actions become Your habits, Your habits become your Destiny

http://www.faithfreedom.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pr126

Post by pr126 »

The Kaaba

Culture: The Borg.

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
Islam: an idea to kill and die for.

Eopithecus

Post by Eopithecus »

Islam is not a culture, it is a tyranny. Cultures adapt, grow and change over time. Islam is like a concrete cap over culture that prevents growth and change. Islam forces people to think and act Arab and this destroys healthy culures and perverts them into controllable Shariah tyrannies.

IoshkaFutz

Post by IoshkaFutz »

Islam is a culture. It's passed all the tests it's needed to get a promotion on that front. 1400 years of everything history has slung across its path. It just happens to be an awful culture.

North Korea is not a culture because it reflects a deceased despot and his son, who imposed a system which will likely crumble in a generation or two and be nothing but a memory. Islamic countries have even had different political systems, including the Turkish attempt at secularization, but Islam has remained and prevailed. I would say that this phoenix quality is indicative of culture. Islam has endured.

Again, this is not a value judgment. The Aztecs had a culture that included human sacrifice, but it was a culture, well-rounded for all the questions. In fact, Islam (religion, politics, law, diet, school, fasting, hajj, Zakat, etc.) is ALL culture, having religionized every single aspect, including butt-wiping. The "sacredness" of every single even physical, act, along with brain-numbing / conscience stifling, along with a more universal form of tribality are the key to Islamic success (despite it being a WHO, Unesco, Fao, basketcase).

Fatalism / Passivity are powerful. So I would call Islam a culture clinging (and clawing) to a central core of mindboggling evil.

The real question is our shift away from culture to system especially in places like Northern Europe. When "Merry Christmas" becomes "Happy Holidays" (if it all), something sticky, warm, real, is given up for something far more noble, but cold and empty as sideral space. In other words, something becomes an "everything," a concept. A nothing.

Culture, thanks especially to liberalism has become system, which gives one the heady sensation of freedom, because "ways" and "customs" are considered stifling. The "Hero Cities" are those that are multicultural, which means all foods, all holidays, all ways, all mores, but nothing particularly unifying except economy and a certain morality in the workplace - where even things like dress codes can be enforced. So the real question is whether WE are still a culture or just a system fairly specular to Islam in which their All-sacred, all culture, is matched by our nothing sacred / no culture. God is everything / God is nothing. (very similar)

IMO the battlle against Islam will not be properly waged until we regain a sense of the sacred. It is not about rights or cartoons, but paying a visit to our cemeteries, war memorials, reconnecting to our great inventors, reformers, right on down to Jesus Christ and the better set of values He gave us.

Unfortunately such things only happen in time of calamity. Civilization can break down very easily. Should it happen, the systems will crumble and the phoneix cultures will be left to duke it out.
“The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children.”
Dietrich Bonhoeffer - German Lutheran Pastor and Theologian. His involvement in a plot to overthrow Adolf Hitler led to his imprisonment and execution. 1906-1945

Chiclets

Post by Chiclets »

IoshkaFutz wrote:IMO the battlle against Islam will not be properly waged until we regain a sense of the sacred. It is not about rights or cartoons, but paying a visit to our cemeteries, war memorials, reconnecting to our great inventors, reformers, right on down to Jesus Christ and the better set of values He gave us.
In plain words, you hoping for a religious war, or that you believe we can never win the war against islam if we do not have religion :lol:
gupsfu wrote:When someone uses the "taken out of context" argument without explaining what it's really supposed to mean, you know he's lying.
Muslims are so secure in their faith that they need to kill those who don’t share it.

IoshkaFutz

Post by IoshkaFutz »

Chiclets wrote:
IoshkaFutz wrote:IMO the battlle against Islam will not be properly waged until we regain a sense of the sacred. It is not about rights or cartoons, but paying a visit to our cemeteries, war memorials, reconnecting to our great inventors, reformers, right on down to Jesus Christ and the better set of values He gave us.
In plain words, you hoping for a religious war, or that you believe we can never win the war against islam if we do not have religion :lol:

:*)I am not hoping for any war, though I see one looming on the horizon if immigration is left unchecked. Islam is war. Always was, always will be...

The first signs of reaction might already be underway.

Just skirmishes, still inchoate, but they wanted to celebrate St. George (Patron Saint of England), they wanted to hail the troops, they had flags, some with the red cross, they held signs against "preaching hate." It's deeper than freedom of speech, cartoons, it's home, country and even "some" God.

So, yes, I see it as a crusade of sorts, with the holy land being Casa instead of across the sea. A popular uprising, in which the the government entities, will no longer have the traditional trust they enjoyed in the Northern countries.
“The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children.”
Dietrich Bonhoeffer - German Lutheran Pastor and Theologian. His involvement in a plot to overthrow Adolf Hitler led to his imprisonment and execution. 1906-1945