The place for threads about conspiracy theories and related stuff.
A verse by verse short conceptual and contextual interpretation of the Quranic Surahs.
THE QURAN IS A FINAL DIVINE PROGRAM REVEALED THROUGH FINAL DIVINE MESSENGER MUHAMMAD FOR MANKIND FOR EDUCATION BASED REVOLUTION FOR BUILDING A PROPER HUMAN SOCIETY THAT IS PEACEFUL , PROGRESSIVE AND PROSPEROUS SO THAT MANKIND TOGETHER COULD BRING THE UNIVERSE UNDER THEIR MANAGEMENT FOR THEIR OWN BENBEFIT AND THUS MANIFEST GLORY OF ALLAH.
SURAH 1 AL FATIHA=The Divine Proclamation for the mankind
Word surah is from root SEEN, WOW and RAA. The concrete meaning of this word is something that covers something or encompasses it. Something that is sufficient or fit for its purpose or deals with the matter fully or comprehensively. Something that protects something or shields something from something etc. In the Quranic context it means the comprehensive divine program that if followed by mankind will protect humanity from all sort of troubles and problems. The Quranic program is a path to peaceful, progressive and prosperous life for mankind hence the name of this is Islam. The same root means the fortified wall that surround the fort to protect the city within the wall.
The name this surah is given is AL-FAATIHA, which is from root FAA,TAA and HAA. The concrete root meaning of this root is key ie something that opens something eg a lock so that the locked things could be accessed. In the surah context the word means the opening surah of the Quran ie the surah that contains key information that helps interpret the context of the rest of the Quran ie this surah gives overall picture or opens the door to the rest of the information in the Quran as to what the Quran is and what it is going to be about. The starting point is AQL from root AIN, QAAF and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is weight or anchor or peg etc. Something that is used to tie down something to stop it from scattering all over the place. It is used for thinking process of the brain because the brain processes information for making sense of it in order to act on it instead of wandering off in confusion. The ability of brain to make sense of things by means of thought process is called intelligence. How brain learns sense to make sense of things? Throughout life by means of learning experiences by way of trial and error brain becomes experienced in making sense of obtained or given information.
1)aql and revelation are two different things.
2)aql is an activity of the brain ie a process for processing information or data and revelation is information or data needing processing.
3)Aql is needed for organising and making sense of data to understand it.
4)Where does aql come from? It comes from sense of making sense of things ie through life experiences through trials and error.
5)The more experienced you are in making sense of things the better is your judgment about things. It is because then you know what information is available and what is not at any given point in time and how to get information and how to put it together and what it means after you have organised it in your head.
6)The Quran is nothing more than information that needs to be understood by human brain as explained for its purpose and use. Therefore sufficient aql/sense has to be there already to begin with in order to make proper sense of the Quran to use it accordingly.
7)Brain only works on basis of language that it uses for communication just like a computer. Without having a way of processing data to make sense of things brain cannot make sense of anything.
8)The Quran is mere a jumble of words and words have attached to them certain concepts and concepts unless put together for a purpose have no use just like a jumble of letters, numbers, signs or symbols. So to understand the Quran one must get familiar with concepts of words used in the Quran and then try and see how these concepts make better sense by combining them in various ways that bring out the proper contexts of the words used in the verses so that verses make sense. Not only that but each verse of a given surah must be connected in such a way with other verses of the same surah that the whole surah of the Quran makes sense in a context from the text itself. The process of making proper sense of the Quranic text does not stop there but then each surah must be combined with rest of them in such a way that shows over all context of the Quranic text.
9)Once the Quran is reasonably understood then it becomes the criterion for judging all the rest of information about Islam be it from any source or person etc.
10)It is a very, very hard work which most people are not bothered to undertake. What people do is they just have some basic make beliefs which they take for granted and call it Islam. There are not many people with in-depth understanding of the divine revelation. This is why the world is in the state that it is. Where most people are trying to copyright knowledge as intellectual property and each person is trying to fool the next person, the learning process is a difficult one and that is why peace, progress and prosperity in the world is a very, very slow process. Parties with vested interests are a big obstacle in the way of peace, progress and prosperity of humanity because not only they do not learn things worth learning themselves but place obstacle in path of learning knowledge and try their best to throw humanity of course because if knowledge worth learning becomes available vastly then they cannot have the world the way they want it for themselves. However despite all this carry on, as we all can see we are making some progress but we could do much better if obstacles were removed from the path of learning knowledge for the betterment of the mankind. Prophets were sent by God to help people become clever that is why they came to teach humanity things which people wanted to hide from each other so that clever people could exploit others at will who are not clever as them. This is why chiefs did not build educational institutions for learning but only when it suited their own agendas. That mindset, attitude and behavior still continues to date. As the saying goes, one can make some of the people fool for some of the time but not all of the people all the time. The truth will prevail because people cannot be free of troubles unless they get to it and live by it. Only truth can set people free.
1)Proclaim! In the name of Allah, the provider of psychological, sociological and biological needs of mankind,
In this verse two words needs to be understood very clearly for proper understanding of the Quran a)AL-RAHMAAN and b)AL-RAHEEM. The root of both these words is same ie RAA, HAA and MEEM. The concrete root meaning of this root is womb ie some sort of container that contains all the needed things that something in it needs to develop to its full potential. In the Quranic context it means the universe that contains mankind and all it will ever need to exist and develop eg food and knowledge etc. These words within them contain sense of universal evolution as designed by Allah. This is why Allah is named AL-RAHMAAN and AL-RAHEEM, which is usually translated as the gracious and the merciful. These words do not convey true sense of meanings of the stated Arabic words so I did not use them.
The growth of mankind is like growth of a tiny seed into a huge tree. The human beings are brought about through evolutionary process just like all other things in the universe but they have been brought about with brain, senses and body mechanism. Once people are born and they learn through life experiences in the real world then they realize how far they can go on their own and soon they sense need for more knowledge that they cannot learn by themselves alone. That is when they sense the need for divine guidance and start looking for it. On the other hand Allah sends his messengers with messages to help human development along throughout their existence. As development process is a time consuming process therefore it takes people time to figure out things for themselves as each person learns things in his own time in his own way under his own circumstances in his own situation.
This bismilla verse called TASMIYA is known as the seal of the Quran and usually recited before beginning any project or task in order to remind oneself that one is doing what one is going to do for sake of furthering the goal of Allah ie Islam=peace. Before opening of this seal another verse is recited when one recites the Quran and that verse is called TAOOZ. A OOZU BILLAHI MINASH SHAITAANIRRA JEEM. Usually translated as, I seek refuge in Allah from Satan the rejected. The idea is that when one reads the Quran for understanding divine guidance then one has to reject all sorts of opposing ideologies that are harmful and destructive for mankind. That is how by knowing divine program and acting upon it one could protect oneself and others as a member of human community against harm and destruction. The whole of the Quranic teaching is within context of this seal ie the divine program for the benefit of mankind is sealed with this formula of bismillah.
2)That sovereignty belongs to Allah alone because He is the creator and the sustainer of all the kingdoms in the universe,
In this verse word AL-HAMD is from root HAA, MEEM and DAAL. Its concrete root meaning is recognition or acknowledgment of something or someone. Since Allah is introducing himself to mankind as the creator, provider and sustainer of the universe so he is seeking acknowledgement of these facts by mankind so that they could then accept and act on his advice or directions for their own good. For children to take advice of their parents it is necessary that they acknowledge their parents so that they could then take their advice and act upon it for their own good. If the advice is found to be good when looked at and then acted upon, this will automatically lead to appreciation of the advice and good parenthood.
Word RABB in this verse is from root RAA, BAA and BAA. Its concrete root meaning is the one who takes care of some one in every way but particularly in sense of teaching knowledge and providing other things of need for growth and development. Allah is teacher of mankind by way of revelation as well as the one who takes care of their needs.
The other word in this verse is AALAMEEN which is from root AIN, LAAM and MEEM. The root meaning of this word is information that is properly understood by the brain. In other words one can only know something by knowing information about it. That is how one knows that one has understood something properly. This root also has conceptual meaning ie universe or world and the reason is because information about the universe helps a person understand things through life experience by means of interaction with other things within the universe by way of trial and error. The human brain learns things in the real world through its senses by way of trial and error and gradually builds up a bank of information, some of it in an organized way or with understanding. This is why people have certain models of the real world in their heads.
3)the provider of biological, psychological and sociological needs of mankind for its development.
4)The authority for the universal constitution for the mankind to abide by.
Word MAALIK in this verse is from root MEEM, LAAM and KAAF. The concrete meaning of this root is power or authority. The use of this root expresses someone or something with power or authority or ownership for some purpose eg a ruler, a king, a chief, an administrator, a manager or an office bearer etc.
The other word in this verse is YAWM from root YAA, WOW and MEEM. The concrete meaning of this root is universe or time or value. It is used for a period of time as defined for some purpose eg 24 hour day or an era or for the world or anything of worth or status or standard etc.
Another word used here is AL-DEEN from root DAAL, YAA and NOON. The concrete root meaning of this root is point of reference or landmark. Something that you keep going back to or it keeps coming back to you for some reason. This is why it is used in various ways to express different ideas eg it is used in sense of a way of life, as a standard or for debt or judgment etc.
5)Therefore declare O mankind that we will abide by Your program, constitution and law and seek Your help thereby,
In this verse word NABUDU is used from root AIN, BAA and DAAL. Its concrete root meaning is abiding by some reference point as if something is tied to something like an animal to a peg so that it does not wander off and get lost. Since Quran is a divine manifesto, a constitution and a guideline book for law formation, humanity is told to abide by it for the reasons already told and for the reasons yet to be told ie if you do things the way the one who set them up tells you then you save yourself from lots of troubles and difficulties. If you choose to go your own way then you could end up making mistakes which could land you in harm and destruction as a consequence.
Word NASTAEEN is from root AIN, WOW and NOON. Its concrete root meaning is support like a pillar that supports a beam to stop ceiling fall on the floor. Something that supports something properly so that the purpose for which the support is given is served properly. The point made here is that God helps people through knowledge in general which people gain through life experiences and through divine revelation where knowledge gained through life experiences cannot help on its own because it is not sufficient. It is because divine revelation raises one’s awareness beyond one’s own life experiences by drawing one’s attention to matters which one may otherwise think are of no importance to oneself because the connection between things is not so obvious for simple minded person. Also the concept of living for each other is not an easy thing for anyone to accept that is why the world is the way it is because that is the way people made it. So the Quran wants to motivate a person beyond living for oneself because it emphasizes community life or brotherhood to bring about a caring and sharing human society that is united as a single family.
6)because thereby you show us a firmly founded way that leads to peace, progress and prosperity,
In this verse word SIRAAT is from root SAWD, RAA and TWAA. The concrete root meaning of this root is cut. Siraat is called a way that is purpose built because it cuts through the land from one point to another. Anything that makes its way through something is also called siraat eg a sword makes its way through a body. A traveler who makes his way through a road from one place to another. The food one eats makes its way through the digestive tract etc.
The other word used is MUSTAQEEM from root QAAF, WOW and MEEM. The concrete root meaning of this root is something that stands firmly in its place or is firmly fixed eg a peg in the ground for tying animals or to tie a tent so that it does not fly away due to wind. Something that takes a firm stand or rises up. Revival of something eg an idea or a thing etc.
7)Way of those who brought about for themselves blissful life, not of those who brought about for themselves painful suffering nor of those who rather live a life of confusion and instability.
In this verse word ANAMTA from root NOON, AIN and MEEM is used. The concrete root meaning of this root is, things of need that help people to develop to their full potential ie make progress and prosper or have a blissful life.
The other word used here is MAGHDOOB from root GHAIN, DWAD and BAA. The concrete root meaning of this root is pain that is felt after burning oneself by fire or heat. When one does things the wrong way and suffers the loss or gets harmed by so doing one feels oneself in trouble or difficulty and goes through painful suffering. To avoid all this, one should not do things this way rather one should find out the right way before doing things so that one saves oneself from this painful state.
Another word used in this verse is DWAALEEN from root DWAD, LAAM and LAAM. The concrete meaning of this root is lack of proper information or its understanding for making a choice or decision about something so the result is confusion or loss of way to some target or goal.
Note: This Surah is called UMMUL KITAAB=mother of the book. It is because it gives overall picture of what the Quran is all about. It is clearly telling mankind God is beneficial and sole sovereign of the universal kingdom therefore it is up to Him alone to set for mankind the criterion to live by so that mankind by following this program attain blissful life in this world like those before them, unlike those who suffered pain due to living confused lives. The rest of the Quranic Surahs expand various points raised in this surah directly or indirectly. It will become clear that the Quran gives this way of life a name called Islam meaning peace. DEEN means way of life or code of conduct or constitution to live by.
The Quran does not name its Surahs randomly by choosing a word from the Surah rather the Surah is intended to convey the message related to the heading. As we saw in Surah 1, the name was AL FAATIHA, the concept behind this title is to convey a few things a) the opening of the divine message b) that it is a proclamation ie an open declaration from God through His messenger to the mankind and c) that it is to convey overall picture or context of the message etc etc. Likewise here the chosen word is AL-BAQARAH and it is turned into definite article with AL=the. So the concepts this title carries are related to divisions, rifts and wars between people, reasons behind them and the way to solve the conflicts.
The main problem is division of power between various kinds of leaderships as opposed to Islamic way of life. The main divisions are power that chiefs, kings, emperors or rulers or ruling elite hold over masses, the priestly class whom the emperors install and who install them when priestly class takes over kings and money lenders or money changers or capitalists etc. So people cause conflicts among themselves on basis of rulership in the name of country, God or wealth. In short the causes of conflicts are land and resources, means of production and distribution because people mishandle each other and mismanage resources. Some take undue advantage of others so the Quran in this surah explains things to people in order to educate them as to what is going on and what they should be doing and how they should do it so that mankind could have peaceful, progressive and prosperous life.
The Quran is free of any miraculous or magical solutions instead it educates people to enable them to solve their own worldly problems using that wisdom. This is why the Quran is not to be misinterpreted and misrepresented as a religious holy book for worship and miracles. It is instead a manifesto, a constitution and a set of guidelines for laws for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind. It is learning and teaching sense that enables people to handle things sensibly not miracles and magical tricks. They would just confuse as they usually do. God wants to lead people out of darkness of ignorance into light of knowledge. This will become more and more obvious as we read the arguments the Quran raises to confront people who try to fool each other with their make beliefs and tricks. Each time a people ask for miracles, prophets tell them there is no miracle but revelation to prove what is true and beneficial for mankind. In this fight between true and false, right and wrong it is not miracles or magic that can decide the issue but the knowledge that can prove the truth true and falsehood false logically and purposefully. So the Quran is divine proof for mankind to accept and follow and see the results of their own actions as proof of truth of its program or message. In other words the Quran puts before people some concepts for their benefits and tells people to try them and see if they work or not. If they work then they will prove the Quran is divine message for mankind but if they do not then that will prove the Quran false. Rationally a non-permanent thing cannot be an original creator because then each creator will need a creator itself and that will lead to infinity. So only a creator that existed always could bring about creation.
Tricks are used by those who make false claims that cannot be proven logically on basis of related evidences. So those who claim supernatural powers are liars as far as the Quran is concerned. It is because Allah did not give anyone any supernatural power because it could serve no purpose whatsoever in divine scheme of things as we will see when we go through the Quran more and more. The world is set up to work the way God explains it because he is the one who set it up for his own purpose. There are only two supernatural events a) existence of universe and b) the existence of divine revelation. Other than that all natural world events are bound to be explainable by study of nature as mankind advance in their knowledge.
The words used in the Quranic text have conceptual and contextual concrete meanings and not what people attribute to them because if scrutinised people cannot justify those meaning that they give to certain words. For example, take word jinn, how did people come to know there are such and such invisible beings if they were never able to see them in the first place? The existence of God is a different matter because that is provable through existence of universe and revelation that cannot be refuted but existence of things like invisible good and bad living beings that people are unable to detect with their own senses or any scientific instrument how did they come to know them in the first place? This is how it shows up that people have been making up words and concepts that have nothing at all to do with universal realities and logic. People who have attached nonsense meanings to words only did so to confuse each other that is all.
The divine prophets therefore did not come with miracles because they came to educate people and you cannot educate people with miracles or by putting up magic shows. The reason people asked for miracles is because the rulers and priests etc put them up to it so that by making nonsense demands on prophets they could keep them from learning any sense from the prophets. This is why people even today run to holy men with magical powers for the solutions of their worldly problems instead of learning how to analyze problems and find their solutions. They do not realise that these holy men and women have been put in place by the establishments because this way masses do not question the people in-charge over their livelihood. It is the best trick because it is still successfully used on ignorant people. If this thing was not in place then when people had any problems they ought to blame the rulers and could force them to solve their problems and humanity could have moved forward but such things hold mankind back from progress towards prosperity. So one can see how useful tool it is for ruling classes to use concept of miracles and magic, demons and angels or holy men etc to keep the masses confused and in chaos.
Masses do not realise that if these so called supernatural beings or powers were so much at work, the world in which we live we ought to see so many things happening supernaturally all around us every day but we do not see such things happening at that rate. Moreover humanity would have made discoveries that it has made now so many years back in time. Science would mean nothing at all because supernatural beings in human control and magic power in their hands could work wonders. So much spending on spying and weapons would not be of any use because supernatural beings and people with supernatural powers will be far ahead of everyone else in the world. A lot of things about the earth and solar system and rest of universe we have come to know now would have been known to us already. Since there is so much animosity between individuals and nations, if people had access to such powers then why would they need armies and weapons and people to spy on each other? Why they did not use jinns and magic to steal swords and spears of one people and handed them over to the others? Perhaps people need to think a bit instead of running after tricksters for magical solutions of their problems. If a person has a headache, friends suggest a man who knows some holy words and when he recites these holy words and blows or spits on someone then one feels one is cured of headache however, if one has an accident and his limb is lying on the other side of the road, no one will suggest to him let us go to holy man or magic man because everyone knows magic man or holy man has no solution for this problem which exposes the truth very clearly that all this hype about power of magic and holy man is just hoax. That is how it shows we love making fool of ourselves that is why we love our make beliefs.
All such thoughts make it very obvious that the Quran is a factual book and does not contain any nonsense that ignorant people attribute to it. This book draws our attention to real issues and problems and educates us to look for real solutions with help of each other. It is a divine manifesto for distribution so that those who like this program come together and organise according to the Quran as a divine constitution and regulate the community by laws based upon its principles for the goal of peaceful, progressive and prosperous life.
Surah 2 AL BAQARAH= The Conflicts and the Resolutions
This surah is named AL-Baqarah from root BAA, QAAF and RAA. The concrete root meaning of this root is split, divide, dissension or an animal that is tamed for domestic use eg a cow. The idea is that human community is weakened by divisions and fights because community spirit becomes damaged. In the Quranic context the Quran deals with human community so it talks about what it goes through and why. If it does not follow path of life wisely then it ends up in troubles so it is advised to follow path of wisdom and have a reasonably good life. Since people due to lack of wisdom end up divided the Quran shows the road to unity of mankind. In this surah we will see some stories about past human communities and how did they fare in their life. How people turned against each other and how they were brought together again etc etc.
Proclaim! In the name of Allah, the provider of psychological, sociological and biological needs of mankind
1) ALIF LAAM MEEM.
These letters tell us that on their own letters have no meanings just like numbers on their own have no value. Letters or numbers are mere symbols that stand for concepts and concepts therefore are fundamental units for understanding bigger picture through their combination in a certain way. For example, letters stand for variations in sounds and when those sounds are uttered in a particular way they end up as words and phrases and sentences etc. This is what we call human speech or language. Just like letters stand for sounds so words stand for certain given conceptual meanings. Communication is not possible without a set of words with understood conceptual meanings for a community of people. This is why knowing some basic facts about language is of vital importance eg its origin, its development or use etc etc. The Quran cannot be understood just by reading words and looking up for meanings of words in dictionaries. It is because the Quran is divine in its origin but it is for people who are born without knowing much and they cannot know much unless they make real good effort to learn things. Since what people have yet to learn they cannot give it proper meanings till they reach that stage in their learning therefore understanding of the Quran is not an easy task. Dictionaries can help but they are never up to date because the knowledge has no end in sight and if knowledge keeps on increasing with time then dictionaries will keep on changing. So all ways of learning in comparison to Quran are as if a child is learning about disciplines that have been established by adults, so it takes time for a child to reach the stage whereat things explained by adults start making sense to him ie he will reach there in his own time in his own way. In other words if you give a street map to a person who cannot make sense of it then it is useless for him. So a person has to learn all necessary things needed for understanding the Quran before one is able to make sense of the Quran.
This is why words in the Quran need to be understood as concepts and then how those concepts work out in relation to each other needs to be worked out. This is why simple translations of Quran-like text are impossible because they cannot convey the message of the Quran which is main purpose of its revelation. This is why it involves a lot of effort by way of trial and error. This should explain why all translations of the Quran as a simple text are wrong. The other reason why translations of the Quran are wrong is because they are based upon translators own make beliefs. This means instead of trying to find message of the Quran from the Quranic text in its own context one is bending the message according to one’s own make beliefs and baseless ideas. This is what makes it a word of translator instead of the word of God. If people follow certain rules to ensure their explanations of the Quran are within those accepted rules then it is highly likely that we have understood and conveyed the Quranic message as close to the original as it is humanly possible. No way can people guaranty elimination of human element in the understanding, conveyance and use of the Quranic message. So long as there is no major problem, odd errors should cause no serious harm or concern. It is very important for people to understand that only and only the actual Quranic text is divine not its interpretations because they are totally human works which could contain errors here and there even if they have been carried out very carefully.
The main thing to remember is that around 1500 years ago a man called Muhammad in Makkah, Saudi Arabia proclaimed messengership from God. People at the time confronted him for evidence so he produced the Quran as testimony of God himself. It is therefore up to people themselves to study the Quran properly and test it for consistency between its claim and available evidences. It is very important therefore to treat it as a divine testimony and see if there is anything wrong with it its purpose wise. If what it explains makes sense the way it explains it then the testimony is reliable otherwise false. The Quran is neither a self evident fact nor a scientific theory so it should not be tested as such. Self evident fact is stronger evidence than testimonial proof but testimonial proof is stronger evidence than a theoretical proof. It is because one good explanation is actual witness based explanation of events or facts but the other is personal opinion about facts where there is no witness to the actual events or facts explained. On the other hand self evident facts as they happen are personally witnessed by the person making the decision about them so other witness and evidence is not needed ie the whole thing is self explanatory for the decision maker. This is why such facts are stronger proof than a testimonial proof. On the other hand theoretical proof is based upon circumstantial evidence.
2) This is the program, the constitution and the law from Allah that leads to life without regrets, anxiety and confusion because in it is guidance for those who want to live a peaceful, progressive and prosperous life.
In this verse word KITAAB is used from root KAAF, TAA and BAA. The concrete root meaning of this root is mark, etch, engrave. Something that is written or as if embossed. The pages of written down laws that are put together or the laws that must be adhered to. The rule book. In the Quranic context, the Quran is a divine manifesto and a constitution with guidelines for legislations for people. The use of word AL-KITAAB in Quranic context shows that the Quran was put together by the messenger in form of a written book and its message was spread far and wide among people as a divine program for bringing people together so that a proper human community could be raised that was based upon divine constitution and regulated by laws based upon its guidelines.
Word RAIB is from root RAA, YAA and BAA. Its root meaning is unease ie a state of regret, anxiety or confusion and difficulty that comes about when one faces a problem but cannot pin point it and has no solution for it. This leads one to mental instability due to confusion. When one is not sure about thing, one falls in doubts and becomes victim of make beliefs and superstition and so self confidence disappears. So in the Quranic context freedom from raib is a great thing for a person or nation to have. In life people face many problems but if they try to solve them according to ideas given in the Quran, life could become worth living. It is because people have needs and wants and if they fulfilled their needs and wants according to some sort of good set up and rules and regulations then lot of problems could be solved that way but if each person did things as it suited one then conflicts become inevitable and community sense in people can fall apart. After divisions it is then much more difficult to bring people together because they have a lot of complains against each other that become difficult to get rid of. So the best thing for people is not be quick in trying to break off ties or relationships, they are very difficult to rebuild. This is why people must avoid disinformation and misinformation because that could lead to mistrust and distrust and therefore to suspicions and break down of relationships. So we can see why word RAIB is used right at the start of the book.
Another word used in this verse is MUTTAQEEN from root WOW, QAAF and YAA. Its concrete root meaning is awareness or being mindful or cautious. It is as if one is passing along a path that is full of dangers on all sides eg thorny bushes. So one has to take care that one does not fall victim to dangers present along the path by falling off the safe part of the path. In the Quranic context one has to tread the Quranic path that leads to peaceful, progressive and prosperous life very carefully being mindful of dangers present so that one does not fall victim to side tracks that lead to harmful or destructive end results.
3) Such are the people who commit to working for peace, and prosperity in the land for their better future yet hidden from them by establishing the supportive network in order to open up for all the ways and means of sustenance We have already provided for them.
In this verse word YUMINOON is from root ALIF, MEEM and NOON. The concrete root meaning of this root is security. In the Quranic context it means physical and mental security and reliability ie one is in internal and external peace knowing that one has nothing to regret or worry about in future. It is because unless one has peace in side oneself one cannot be confident and secure enough to radiate peace outside oneself and likewise if peace is missing from outside oneself then the same troubles and worries are sensed by senses of brain and the worries become internalised. In other words a human by nature is such a being that it is affected both internally and externally ie the outside things affects its inside and its inside things affect its outside or external world. One takes things in from outside and one ejects things from inside after certain mental and physical processes. So people who want peace try to spread peace to others and people who want trouble spread troubles to others. Whichever force succeeds is reflected in the world that people see.
Word GAIB is from root GHAIN, YAA and BAA. The concrete root meaning of this root is gap or distance between two points. In the Quranic context it means anything that is not obvious because lack of information about it leaves a gap in one’s knowledge eg result of an action. There is time gap between a cause and its effect. The gap indicates absence of result of an action. When one says something bad about someone who is absent is called GHEEBAH. In opposition to this word SHAHAADA is used from root SHEEN, HAA and DAAL, which means constant ie connected or without gap. An eye witness is present at scene of crime so he is connected with what he has witnessed. In the Quranic context words needs to be understood in a particular context eg the Quran is a manifesto ie a program or roadmap or a plan upon which people ought to work but only in hope that end result will be good for them because the end result of acting on program of the Quran is not obvious in reality till it becomes a reality. People can only examine the Quran on paper and see if its program can work, if they become confident that it can work then they should go for it and once they start they should keep going till results begin to appear in reality ie plan start taking shape in reality like a builder works on a map of a building to give it shape in reality once he is happy with the map or technical drawing by an architect.
The other word in this verse is SALAAH from root SAWD, LAAM and WOW/YAA. The concrete root meaning of this word is joint. Since the Quran is a divine constitution for interconnection of people to work as a united organised community therefore word salaah in Quranic context means community network whereby members of community support each other to achieve a common goal ie peace, progress and prosperity. So people who read the Quran and after examining feel that this is what they want then they ought to come together to organise as a community on the basis of the Quran as a divine constitution for them and regulate the community by laws based upon the Quranic formulas that lead to peaceful, progressive and prosperous community. In other words a person is committed to working for peace only if he is connected properly to divine manifesto and constitution and laws and establishes supportive network along with other people of the similar mindset, attitude and behaviour. In a household wherein people do not live organised life, there is always trouble and clash due to each person trying do his own things in his own way in his own time and at many times more than one person gather to do the same thing at the same time using same things therefore such disorganisation makes life troublesome for all involved.
Another word in this verse is RIZQ from root RAA, ZAA and QAAF. Its concrete root meaning is provision for use or consumption of all mankind to fulfil all their biological, psychological and sociological needs and wants. When Allah says I give people food or drink or things for their use it does not mean that individuals are given things by Allah directly therefore Allah makes some people rich and others poor. It simply means that Allah has created everything for the needs and desires of mankind but it is up to people to follow his advice and do things as advised so that each and every person fulfils his responsibilities in order that each and everyone could get whatever one needs and wants for peaceful, progressive and prosperous life. One has to remember that not just body needs food but mind also needs food for thought.
Yet another word used here is YUNFIQOON from root NOON, FAA and QAAF. Its concrete root meaning is disparity or discrimination. In the Quranic context it means to organise and use provided things in such a way that there is no negative discrimination between people ie needs and wants of all people must be taken on equal footing without discrimination on basis of race, colour or creed etc etc. In other words people must do all they can to produce things of needs as a community and distribute them as per needs and wants of people in such a way that none is left out. The idea is that Allah is creator of all things and owner of all things and people can only manage things as told by Allah himself. Unless people organise themselves properly and work properly, things will not work. So people who wish to bring about an Islamic society or community they cannot be people who are clueless about things and stuck in blind faith and make beliefs.
4) Such as those who commit to working for peace according to the program which is revealed to you and according to the program which was revealed before you they are sure about the promised outcome of their course of actions.
Word NAZALA is from root NOON, ZAA and LAAM. Its concrete root meaning is settler. Something that takes residence in some place after coming from somewhere else. A guest is called a guest because he comes from somewhere and takes residence in the house of his hosts. In the Quranic context, the divine message comes from Allah to the mind of the divine prophet hence the need for use of word reveal because it is not something that a human could know by himself.
The other word used in this verse is AAKHIRAH from root ALIF, KHAA and RAA. Its concrete root meaning is end or goal or end result or outcome. It depends on context for determination of its meanings. The idea is based upon cause and effect rule but with the understanding that not all causes produce instant end results ie there is delay between cause and effect. It is as if you follow a course of action and wait for the results to appear. A plan takes time to become a reality in real life. In the Quranic context, because the Quran is a divine program so when people act for fulfilling this program it is going to take time before people see the result of their actions. Because the result is expected at some point in time in future therefore the future is consistent and constant so it includes the idea of life after death or revival of humanity just like the earth is revived with rain and becomes green by going through various seasons.
Another word used in this verse is YOOQINOON from root YAA, QAAF and NOON. The concrete root meaning of this word is verification to ensure truth about something for self confidence. The idea is to scrutinize the program told in the Quran to see what kind of world will come about if the Quranic program is followed by mankind. So those who verify this message for themselves and reach the conclusion that this message can be delivered for the purpose it claims to be fit for become very sure about this program’s workability.
5) Such are the ones who are on clear guidance from their Lord so these are the ones who will attain peace through progress and prosperity because they are free of mindset, attitude and behaviour that cause people to inflict harm and destruction upon each other.
Word MUFLIHOON from root FAA, LAAM and HAA is used in this verse which has concrete meaning of development, growth or increase. One is successful when one works according to a workable plan therefore one ends up being successful. If a farmer plants proper seeds in his properly worked out field at right time in right conditions then they grow and return many seeds. So people who understand and work according to divine plan are bound to be successful. The idea is, do not do useless things or in a useless way because that produces no results or not beneficial results instead think things through thoroughly from beginning to end and then take actions according to fully worked plan. You only reap what you sow therefore if one does not understand what is required for sowing seeds then one will not get the result one is looking for. Likewise if people think they should act according to Quranic program then first thing they need to do is understand the program and then work out what is needed to implement this program and then go through with it and then see the outcome of their actions.
6)As for those who commit to inflicting harm and destruction upon each other, it has same effect upon them whether you warn them or you warn them not against harmful and destructive results of their thoughts and actions against each other because they are determined to not to listen to you and think things through so they will not commit to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind.
Word KAFARU is from root KAAF, FAA and RAA. Its concrete root meaning is resistance. Something that offers some sort of opposition to something. Something that acts as a shield against something in some sense for some reason eg to shield or isolate someone from light or knowledge or good works etc. In the Quranic context the Quran puts forward a program for peaceful, progressive and prosperous human community and some people commit to working for that but some offer resistance so they are given the name KAAFIROON as oppose to MUSLIMOON. It is very important to realise that it is one thing that people claim to be Muslims and quite another whether they are accepted as Muslims by Allah or not. It is because people cannot read minds of each other. This is important because if there comes about an Islamic state then it will have to decide matters for Muslims according to Islamic laws within its own jurisdiction with exceptions for non-Muslims where necessary.
The other word in this verse is NAZAR from root NOON, ZAAL and RAA. Its concrete meaning is ringing of the bell ie to raise alarm to make others aware of any danger or to warn others about any pitfalls. In the Quranic context warning is not a threat by Allah to mankind that if you do anything that I tell you not to do then I will punish you rather this warning is in the sense that if you do things that you are warned against then they will harm you. For example, somebody warns you don’t give a loaded gun to a child. If you ignore this warning and let child have the gun then you are putting yourself at risk of being shot by the child. Allah is not interested in punishing people for their wrong deeds but they will come to regret their wrong acts because the results of their wrong actions will do them harm. The Quran wants people to do well, this is why the Quran begins with Allah being good to people because he provided for them all that they will ever need to be in peace through progress for prosperity. This is what salvation is all about ie staying out of harm’s way or troubles.
7) Allah finds their ignorance based arrogance covering up their ability to think properly about others and their ability to respond properly to others as well as their ability to see others in proper light therefore they will end up in great suffering in due course as a result of their own senseless thoughts and actions.
In this verse word KHATAM is used from root KHAA, TAA and MEEM. The concrete root meaning of this word is to bring both ends together as if to close something in such a way that thing enclosed cannot be accessed unless the cover or wrapper is broken, torn or opened up. An agreement becomes sealed when two parties come close together on same page and seal it by their signatures. A book is closed when its both sides are brought together to close it. Things and processes are limited in one or more aspects or sense. A thing could be limited size wise, time wise, weight wise, shape wise, purpose wise and so on. The same is true about processes that are started ie they too are limited in various ways eg time wise, quantity wise, function wise or purpose wise etc etc. If one is selling oranges, he must have started selling them when he got them and this process will come to an end when the seller cannot get more oranges to sell. The other reason is one may open up a shop and then close it after it has served his purpose, so one no longer sells oranges. When people deal with each other they seal a deal ie finalise it or conclude it by coming together in agreement. A farmer seals or covers up seed in the soil after creating an opening or digging a hole for the seed. When a written agreement is reached, it is sealed by signatures of the involved parties. Word KHATAM is indicative of closure of such a process that was open once upon a time and working ie the people said to be KUFAAR ie opponents of Islam did have a working brain and thinking ability but they misused it and became a people with wrong mindset and attitude and behaviour. Sense comes through learning and if one does not learn it then one cannot become a sensible person. Also you only know what you learn and if you learn things that turn a person anti social then those things are going to cause problems for a human society. So it is very, very important that people understand this point and try not to leave children to themselves otherwise children may not turned out to be human friendly. If society does not care for its individuals’ proper development then individuals will not care for development of their society. Sooner or later the whole society will come to an end due to infighting because each person in such a society will be only for himself ie very, very short sighted or without any insight. Another point to remember is that when Allah says, he has done this or that, it only means that he has provided means for people to express their motives or thoughts in their actions. For example, somebody invented knife. The use of it is up to users. If any user misuses a knife, it is not fault of a person who invented the knife. So it is necessary to understand things in their proper context. That is people should not attribute things to Allah and his messengers that are not consistent with their beings respectively otherwise one is attributing lies to Allah and his messenger.
Word QULOOB is from root QAAF,LAAM and BAA. Its concrete meaning is something that changes or develops with time or suddenly. This word is used for human mind because it develops with time due to more and more information it receives. If human mind is taught things, that can speed up the learning process. The same root word is used for revolution because people change their minds about the way things are in their daily life so they decide to do something about it in order to change things for the better ie revolutions come about for social developments of mankind. Brains and senses are given to people along with divine revelation for guidance so that people help their own development as human community but it is left to people themselves to learn things they should or not. All needs of people are provided for but to organise and make use of provision is left to people themselves ie to explore, produce and distribute things. Islam is all about community spirit because in that rests goodness for both individuals and communities. This is why when some people abuse others the way to revolution is set and in time things will explode if people continue along the same path.
Word SAMA is from root SEEN, MEEM and AIN. Its concrete meaning is ability to hear sound and respond to sound signal accordingly ie paying attention to what is said appropriately is also meaning of the same root. In the Quran Allah uses similar words for himself but they mean as appropriate for divine being because hearing of Allah does not depend on sound signals. Moreover sound is only there due to air and in space there is no air so there is no question of sound signals. In other words Allah has his own way of hearing things even if we cannot figure it out how exactly it happens. He is monitoring all things in every way they need to be monitored so that all works perfectly according to his plan.
Word BASAR is from root BAA, SAWD and RAA. Its concrete root meaning is ability of sight ie sense of seeing with eyes or eyes of mind ie having sense of things or understanding. Same word is used for self evident things or universal realities ie for real things in the real world. This word is also used by Allah for himself. Again Allah does not need eyes and light to see things.
The other word used in this verse is GHISHAAWA from root GHAIN, SHEEN and YAA. Its concrete root meaning is having no sense of purpose of something. In here the point is made that people have been given brains and senses to use them to gain knowledge through life experiences by way of trial and error and become learned so that then they realise the need for divine revelation and look for it and find it and follow it in order to live a peaceful, progressive and prosperous life ie a life free of regrets, anxiety and confusion. Since people do not use their brains and senses as they ought to so they become unaware of their purpose and proper use and end up confused so they go after things the way they should not because that will lead them to painful suffering by their own doings ie people make their own lives hell by not using their brains and senses properly. The same word is used for loss of sense when one is drunk with alcohol or goes unconscious. Everything becomes dark like night covers up things due to its darkness for people. The same happens when a person is in depression ie everything looks dark for the depressed because he is in trouble from which he cannot find an escape route. When one has no sense of purpose in life one becomes lost in the darkness of confusion or ignorance. So brain and senses should be used to gain light of knowledge so that one saves oneself from the dark end of the tunnel.
Another word used here is AZAAB from root AIN, ZAAL and BAA. Its concrete root meaning is obstacle. Things that stop or put obstacle in the path of peaceful, progressive and prosperous existence or make it difficult or impossible are called AZAAB. Such things make one regret his life and make him anxious about his future and keep one confused. Ignorance is root of all evils in the world because it is an obstacle in the way of human progress and prosperity. Water is also called AZAAB because it stops thirst or because it stops life by drowning people when there is flooding.
Yet another word used is AZEEM from root AIN, ZWAA and MEEM. Its concrete root meaning is skeleton or framework that gives a structure its basis or strength. It gives sense of durability or grandness. Something that lasts in sense of its purpose eg time wise or value wise. This is why same word if used for bones or skeleton etc.
8) Among the mankind there are people who claim, we are committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity according to program of Allah for the good end result for the mankind but in actual fact they are not committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity at all as should be obvious to them from the very results of their own actions.
Word NAAS is from root ALIF, NOON and SEEN. Its concrete root meaning is attachment ie things that feel secure in company of other alike things. Humans are called humans because they find security among other humans particularly ideologically or emotionally besides biological functioning for continuation of humanity as a species. However, individuals go their own ways and form groups of people and becomes parties with conflict of interest due to lack of sense of proper goal and ways to get there. So humans are pulled in different directions by lots of things so each group plans as it sees fit for itself and fights against the rest to secure its own interests. As a result confused people do all sorts of things that actually cause them damage but they realise it not till results of their course of actions bear fruit and they cannot go any further in that direction.
In wider context word NAAS means all mankind but in limited context naas are divided between groups of people with different interests eg leaders and masses. In this context some naas are called jinn and others ins ie leading people and masses of people that attach themselves to them. In another context ruling elite or chiefs or leaders who oppose divine mission are called SHAYATEEN and people who are responsible for running of divine mission are called MALAAIKAH. However, in this verse attention is drawn to a group of people who declare commitment to the divine mission yet do not go through with it to make it a reality.
The other word used here is QAWL from root QAAF, WOW and LAAM. Its concrete meaning is something that is looking for a way out from somewhere it is trapped in eg a thought looking for expression by way of words or some other ways that can make it known. In an art work the artist can express whatever he wants to say and onlookers can also give meanings to picture as it seems to them.
9) They just make attempts at deceiving masses regarding program of Allah as well as those who are really committed to working for peace, but in actual fact they confuse none but themselves and their own people but due to their ignorance based arrogance they have lost their ability to realise things even by looking at the results of their own actions.
Word KHADA is from root KHAA, DAAL and AIN. Its concrete root meaning is to cut two different things in pieces and put them together as one piece to show as if it is the same thing. It means to do things under the cover with bad intentions ie to inflict harm and destruction upon others. When there is conflict between groups of people they resort to all sorts of actions against each other in order to undermine each other. In any ideological warfare between groups of people misinformation and disinformation is used to create mistrust and distrust among people so that they become suspicious of each other and so the opponent group breaks up. Since such things are done by way of using some truths and some lies, hence the use of word KHADA because it carries sense of deception in it. However, remember that even though people may do wrong things God does not. So always interpret such words in an appropriate way to attribute them to God. God does not deceive anyone nor does he need to do that even though some people may do so. Not only that God does not deceive anyone he cannot be deceived either by anyone.
The other word used here is YASHUROON from root SHEEN, AIN and RAA. Its concrete root meaning is to recognise something from the available clues about it. To get to the source by means of clues that lead to it eg footsteps could help see which way something went. Likewise if one finds some hair of a camel in some place, one draws conclusion that there must be a camel around. If one finds some animal killed by some other animal eg a lion the clues found there could lead to the lion. This is how this word leads to deeper thought so that one realises things from the clues one finds regarding matters. The same word is used for poetry because in poems people try to express their ideas in form of clues because in some cases society might not allow straight expression of what is in minds of people. So word SHAOOR is about deeper and wider sense of awareness of things.
This verse is bringing to our attention another big reason for conflicts between people who claim to adhere to divine will eg Jews and Christians and all others who claim to have divine scriptures to which they claim to adhere to. The question we need to ask ourselves is, why do these people who claim to be people of God fight over God? The answer is very simple, because they have been misled by their rulers and priests into accepting state and religion separation. According to them God has no business in state affairs and state has no business in religious affairs. The next question is, who created this separation and why? The answer is again very simple, the people whom such an arrangement benefits. Who has benefited by pushing God out of state affairs? The chiefs and kings and rulers because after getting God out of their way they could do as they liked ie make laws that suited them and not the masses they ruled. That is what led to use and abuse of masses at the hands of rulers. Ruler created religions through setting up priesthood or priestly classes. The priests misinterpreted the scriptures and misrepresented them to masses as per wishes of rulers and made fool of masses deriving their authority from rulers. This not only gave power to rulers over masses but also the priestly classes. This trick took its time to be discovered by priests who then revolted against kings and became supreme rulers themselves. Just as priests used to dance on tunes of kings from then on kings were made to dance on tunes of priests. Just as kings used to appoint top priests now priests were appointing kings for the people. When masses discovered this they revolted against rulers and priests ending the supremacy of kings and priests but now another entity took over the masses and that was money lenders and money changers or bankers or capitalists.
Since money became the source of power instead of kingdom and religion those who have this power exploit rulers and priests as they wish and masses are back in confusion as to what is really going on in the world. The concept of secular democracy is brought about to fool people in the name of freedom from imperialism but it is same combination that is still exploiting the masses ie rulers or political leaders, religious leaders and leading bankers are working together for exploiting masses. So the Quran is telling us that people fight over God because they have become religious therefore they have become divided instead of being followers of divine will for living in this world. Religion is all about make beliefs and arguing endlessly over things that are not based upon any proof which is futile for mankind. This is why when people with religious mindset work for God they end up making fool of themselves and destroying humanity over useless issues that do not really matter for humanity. People only do what they think is right in their minds. It is not possible that a person knows something is really false yet willingly gives his life for promoting it. A person however can give his life willingly thinking that he is doing the right thing. So the verse is telling people that there are people who claim they are working for peace but actually they are not. They should pay attention to things and find out what is right and what wrong rather than just following anything anyone tells them. Ignorance is not accepted as an excuse for doing wrong things or doing right things using wrong ways. Whatever people do they must ensure as much as possible that the end goal is proper and that it is achieved according to set out proper terms and condition or guidelines. So ignorance based arrogance is of no help when it comes to learning what is true or proper. People just follow their own baseless assumption and make beliefs and their actions or behaviour is very much limited by their mindset and attitude toward life and humanity. One person might have started something deliberately but later generations follow things like sheep.
10) In their minds is harmful and destructive ambition to be masters of each other and Allah finds their this desire increasing rivalry between them therefore the result of their actions is grievous suffering because they deny to each other right of working according to the divine constitution for benefit of each other.
Word MARAD is from root MEEM, RAA and DWAAD. Its concrete meaning is loss of balance ie sense of proper judgment or loss of state of health due to something gone wrong with in mind or body or both. In social context it is loss of proper balance in community which could lead to break down of human society.
Word YAKZIBOON is from root KAAF, ZAAL and BAA. Concrete root meaning of this word is to deny the arrow the chance to hit its target. KIZB is opposite of word SIDQ=truth. It means falsehood because the liar intends to derail the arrow of the truth from hitting its target. This root is also used for denial of rights. Because some people try to take away rights of others so thereby they deny them life, liberty and dignity.
Word ALEEM is from root ALIF, LAAM and MEEM. Its concrete root meaning is hurt that is very painful. The verse is telling people that putting obstacles in the way of peace, progress and prosperity is not without consequences rather it would result is terribly painful existence.
11) When it is said to them, do not cause wars and destruction in the land through harmful and destructive ways of life they say, surely we are only trying to create peace through progress to prosper.
Word FASAAD is from root FAA, SEEN and DAAL and its concrete root meanings is violent collision of two opposing forces. In the Quranic context it means people using ways and means to divide people into groups ie people cause rifts and conflicts between groups of people leading to wars between them. It is because God sets for people a goal and terms and condition for achieving it but people who lack true sense of things set up their own goals and terms and condition thereby set people up against each other in such ways that the end results is not only loss of peace, progress and prosperity but life, liberty and dignity as well. If people set up opposing goals for themselves then they are going to end up in clash with each other sooner or later.
Word ARD is from root ALIF, RAA and DWAD. The concrete meaning of this root is the point from which something starts because that is where it is ie it is at the starting point and then it has to move from that point to get where it has to hit the target point ie the set goal. It has to move through all intermediary stages to get to the target. The planet earth is called earth because that is where humans are and it is their point of reference with respect to rest of the universe. Likewise when word ARD is used against word BAHR=sea then it means land because people live on land not sea. Similarly, people before they have things are people of earth or lowly or down to earth because they are born without anything in their hands. After birth due to their struggle they rise from that state of existence to higher stages or levels. However, some rise above others unduly and for wrong reasons so that is not acceptable because that is cheating and against the set out divine goal. This is why setting up goal other than as told by Allah and terms and condition other than as told by Allah is declaring war against divine truth. This is why if any people really think they are people of God then they must ask themselves if they have really understood the divine message as it ought to be understood and if they followed it as it ought to be followed so that the divine goal is accomplished for the peaceful, progressive and prosperous existence of the mankind.
The other word used here is MUSLIHOON from root SWAD, LAAM and HAA. Concrete meaning of this root is, mend. That is fix something if it has become broken or plan a course of actions to fulfil a task or to finish a job. In the Quranic context because the Quran talks about consistency of human community so if that consistency or brotherhood breaks down for some reason then remove the reason for divide and bring the brotherhood back to normal state of consistency. Also steps must be taken to maintain the brotherhood so that it does not break down to begin with. The point made is that people do not want to be known by a bad name in the world therefore before they do anything they look for its justifications in order to say to people, we are not doing anything wrong rather we are doing it for the good of others. This is how a people who claim to be people of God do religious things thinking they are doing them for God but the problem with that is they do not first find out the true position or value of what they are doing with God by properly understanding his message for reference. This is how evils are done in the name of God by people who claim to be people of God. These people do not use their God given brains and senses to realise how others are using them for abusing mankind in the name of God.
Last edited by Mughal
on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:35 am, edited 19 times in total.
- Posts: 385
- Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:45 am
- Location: Islamabad & Glasgow
12) Not at all rather let it be known that they are the creators of wars and poverty for sure as is evident from the result of their own actions yet their awareness is not at the level whereby they could admit it.
13) When it is said to them, give up harmful and destructive ambitions for exploiting humanity and commit to working for peace and prosperity like other people who are committed to working for peace and prosperity of mankind they say, shall we commit to working for peace and prosperity of others like the foolish. Of course, let it be known that it is they who are foolish not realising the benefits of living according to the divine program and constitution because they are not really bothered to learn about it.
Word SUFAHAA is from root SEEN, FAA and HAA. Concrete meaning of this root is not widely and deeply aware of consequences of actions or law of cause and effect. People who lack proper understanding of something in its own proper context. In the Quranic context people are divided on the basis of goals and guidelines for accomplishing them. Each group accuses others for its foolish mindset, attitude and behaviour not really examining its own mindset, attitude and behaviour in reference to proper way of life. The definition of proper is something which works in such a way that it serves its intended purpose or goal. The Quran argues that proper goal for mankind is to work towards accomplishing a peaceful, progressive and prosperous human community. The question is, is this goal worth accomplishing for mankind? The answer can only be, it is or it is not. If it is not then no point in further arguments because then people can keep on cheating each other, harming each other and even killing each other. People who are not interested in peaceful, progressive and prosperous existence of mankind they are only going to cause rifts and wars thereby death and destruction. The question is what should be done about such people in human society who are anti social? On the other hand if peaceful, progressive and prosperous existence is necessary for mankind then somehow a mechanism or guidance is needed to progress towards it. This is why some actions must be taken and some actions must be stopped. The actions that need to be taken have to be those that lead to the goal of peaceful life and all such actions must be stopped that lead mankind in the opposite direction ie push humanity more and more towards divisions, conflicts and wars. Since the people who want to follow the Quranic program have to be such who are willing to live for the good of others therefore on the surface of it, it seems these people are foolish to the people in the opposite camp ie camp of war. On the contrary the people in the camp of peace think that people in the camp of war are foolish. The question is who is right and why? What is really good for mankind, peace or war? If peace is good for mankind then those people who are in the camp of war are truly fools who need to be isolated by mankind and educated by them till they know what is right and what wrong and why.
Word YAALAMOON is from root AIN, LAAM and MEEM. Concrete root meaning of this root distinction. A marked difference that helps understand something as something different from something else. A person is given a name eg proper noun so that that person is recognised by that name as distinct from another person. So ILM is information about things that is put together in such a way that it helps understand things as distinct from each other and how they fulfil their function or purpose. So information and understanding equals knowledge. Marking also helps make something evident for others to know it. In this verse people are mentally challenged so that they could see for themselves if they are people who have understanding of things or they are just ignorant people who do not have awareness of things the way they should. It is because unless you have knowledge you are highly unlikely to know the right cause or support it properly. The Quran tells us some people are like donkeys carrying lots of books but have no understanding as to what is written in them. Foolish people follow each other and make groups like sheep.
14) Yet when they meet those who are committed to working for peace they tell them, we too are committed to working for peace but when they are in private with their fellow conspirators against those who are committed to working for peace they tell them, we are indeed with you, we were only pretending to be with those who claim to be committed to working for peace.
Word SHAYAATEEN is from root SHEEN, TWAA and NOON. Its concrete root meaning is adverse or opposite. In the Quranic context it is used for all those who do anything by themselves that takes them away from the goal that is set by Allah. It is also used for people who are clever in doing something as compared to others eg skilled people or experts in something. It also means leadership or leading adversary as well as somebody who is mischievous. So meanings of this word are dependent upon its context in place of use. In this verse it seems it means chief adversaries who conspire against the divine mission.
Word MUSTAHZIOON is from root HAA, ZAA and ALIF. Concrete meaning of this root is false image. To give false information to someone as true to make fool of him. Overact with intention to deceive, overreach, try to be overly clever with someone thinking one can be fooled. Pretend to do something with no intention of going through with it. Raise hope in people with intention to let them down. Make a mockery of a serious situation etc.
15) Surely Allah exposes their deceptions through results of their own actions but He leaves them to their own devices to wander about as they wish in their self created confusion like the ones lost in the darkness of their own making.
Word ISTAHZAA is also used in this verse for Allah. Although it has been explained already for its meanings but here it is very important to remember a point I am making. Whenever a word is used for Allah as well, it is important to interpret is as reaction by Allah in the scheme of things as explained in the Quran itself. Never interpret such words in a negative way and attribute them to God. Allah does not make fool of anyone nor can he be fooled by anyone. When people do wrong things, Allah reacts to all that in an appropriate way. He has set up systems and laws to govern all things according to his will or program.
Word YAMUDDU is from root MEEM, DAAL and DAAL. Concrete meaning of this root is prolong or extend or increase. Extend a rope, extend time period, extend size or quantity or amount or freedom or jurisdiction etc etc.
Word TUGHYAAN is from root TWAA, GHAIN and YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is flood. Something that goes beyond its set limits eg water overflows in river and floods places it is not supposed because that way it endangers human life. A person who commits crime does something above the law. A person does not blink his eye going above the normal blinking frequency of the eye etc etc.
Word YAAMAHOON is from root AIN, MEEM and YAA. Concrete root meaning of this word is blindness. Someone who cannot see with his eyes or lacks ability to reason things out.
16) These are people who have chosen to live in a harmful and destructive way instead of living in a beneficial and constructive way according to divine constitution, so their choice of course of action is not going to benefit them because they have denied benefits of divine guidance to themselves as a group of people that have not learned the sense how to live in the world from their life experiences and Our revelation.
Word ASHTAROO is from root SHEEN, RAA and YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is replacement. It means to change one thing for another. Adopt one way of doing things instead of another. Trade places or things or ideas or way of life.
Word RABIHAT is from root RAA, BAA and HAA. Concrete meaning of this root is fruit eg of labour. When a people do something they look for some benefit from their course of actions.
Word TIJAARAH is from root TAA, JEEM and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is need or want. To have need or desire for something or show interest in it. Take part in something or make it one’s business.
In here the Quran is putting humanity first not profit ie motivation for course of actions and working hard is said to be benefitting each other in the hope of better community life not making profit by undercutting each other and thereby destroying community spirit through negative competition which puts each and every person under pressure from all others who are playing rival to each other. This distinguishes true Islamic way of life from capitalism and capitalism based democracy and secularism. The Quran teaches that all human beings are a family and a brotherhood and that is the way they should take each other and treat each other. This is why everyone should do all they can to build a great human community than each person doing things in ways that will end up destroying everyone over a period of time. If people will keep pushing each other down the ditch of hell, then one day this ditch will become full of destroyed human beings. The very sense of negative competition or rivalry destroys brotherhood and friendship between human beings. So rather than living like animals people should raise their awareness and build up their societies so that the world looks human friendly than a jungles fit for predatory animals. If all lived for each other then humanity will be in peace and it will make much more progress and prosper far more than it does under current ways of life. It should be clear already that the Quran is not a religious holy book for ritualism that has no benefits for mankind.
17) Their similitude is like a people who ignite fire of hatred. But when this fire of hatred spreads in the environment of this people Allah lets their ability to distinguish between right and wrong path diminish so they are left in the darkness of ignorance of their own creating unable to see the way out of this situation.
Word WAQADA is from root WOW, QAAF and DAAL. Concrete meaning of this root is something that is used for starting something eg a fire. Some material that can be used as fuel that can be ignited easily or can catch fire quickly or can be consumed by fire.
Word NAAR is from root NOON, WOW and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is fire. Something that burns or radiates or reflects light. Fire can be fire of hatred or anger. Light can be light of knowledge.
Word DAYAA is from root DWAD, WOW and ALIF. Concrete meaning of this root is light that results from a burning fire.
Word ZULUMAAT is from root ZWAA, LAAM and MEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is misplacement. Something that is not given the right place value. Something that is misplaced in the scheme of thing therefore loses its value or results in some sort of difficulty or problem or harm. If light is misplaced then one ends up in darkness. If light is knowledge then removal of knowledge from its right place leaves behind darkness of ignorance. If right action is not taken then something wrong takes place.
18) They act like deaf, dumb and blind despite having brains and senses and revelation to use them for learning things properly so they cannot find their way to the path of life that is proper.
Word SUMMUN is from root SWAD, MEEM and MEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is solid ie something that does not move ie a lifeless object eg a stone. Something that does not respond to a signal when prompted as expected. A person who is thick or deaf or acts like one, who shows no response when called. Any who thinks not things through properly.
Word BOOKMUN is from root BAA, KAAF and MEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is something that does not express itself to make its presence or existence felt. People who are ignorant about purpose and propriety therefore remain silent because they do not know what to say and how to say it are called dumb. People who keep silent when it is time to speak up and speak up when it is time to keep silent are also called dumb because they have no sense of purpose about things so they do not know when to speak and when to remain silent.
Word YARJIOON is from root RAA, JEEM and AIN. Concrete meaning of this root is stick to the reference point or goal. Refer to something as a point of reference. Turn towards something for some reason.
In Islam divine revelation is the reference point for all people who wish to live by rule of law of God. Since people who choose to live by other references get lost along the way so their situation is explained in these verses as to why people go away from path of Allah and how it happens over a period of time till people lose the path completely. So when they fall in self created troubles they find no way out of them because they already let message of God become obscure for them by thinking they know better so they go their own ways.
19) Therefore, like rain come down upon them problems of universal nature due to such levels of ignorance they show in their behaviour whereby they are shaken as if by a thunderbolt. They shut their senses due to presence of destruction all round due to their own doing. That is how Allah shows the law of consequences at work to those communities that commit to working against his guidance.
Word SEYYIB is from root SWAD, WOW and BAA. Concrete meaning of this root is heavy down pour of something eg water as rain but not necessarily water. The idea is to show overwhelming nature of something that befalls a people eg trouble and problems.
Word SAMAA is from root SEEN, MEEM and ALIF. Concrete root meaning of this word is something that gives sense of overall cover over something eg someone that manages or takes total care of something. Something that is other end of a reference point eg point of finish or completion. Something with which rests ultimate authority. Something that is high or over the head. A person with position in community eg of authority ie anchors of a community. This word also occurs with word ARD=earth. Together these words could mean heavens and the earth, people down to earth and people in positions of power etc etc. Communities could be examples of deprivation and communities could be examples of excellence. Word samaa also means divine or universal. When troubles are limited to a few people in community they are small problems but if they spread then they could involve whole communities hence the need for use of word universal ie involving everyone in the community.
Word RAAD is from root RAA, AIN and DAAL. Concrete root meaning of this word is overwhelming sudden noise that shakes something violently or in a very bad way. This is why the same word is used for the thunder clap. When there is something very wrong with community because it has been hit by some terrible problem or natural disaster or something like that word RAAD is used to indicate sense of calamity or catastrophe. When such disaster strikes people lose their heads ie they do not know how to respond to such things.
Word BARQ is from root BAA, RAA and QAAF. Concrete root meaning of this word is sudden strike. It is for this reason this word is used to give sense of quick action or speed so quick that it surprises the one it strikes. This is why this word is used for lightening because it is quick or it gives sense of speed of light.
Word ASAABIA is from root SWAD, BAA and AIN. Concrete root meaning of this root is finger or something like finger. To tinker with something or cause trouble or play some role in something.
Word AZAAN is from root ALIF, ZAAL and NOON. Concrete root meaning is something that one uses for hearing something eg ears. Something that one uses to make noise to get attention. To call aloud to get or catch attention of others. The muslim call to humanity for SALAAH or unity for goal of peace, progress and prosperity.
Word SAWAAIQ is from root SWAD, AIN and QAAF. Concrete root meaning of this root is state of unconsciousness. State of unconsciousness that is brought on by overwhelming situation as if one is hit by a thunderbolt. Caught by surprise, unexpectedly or unaware etc.
Word MAWT is from root MEEM, WOW and TAA. Concrete meaning of this root is something that does not move. Something that does not move at all or with time or shows no sign of life or change. Word MAWT is also used for death and destruction or lack of progress or mindset and attitude or behaviour that indicates a defeated person tc etc.
Word MUHEET is from root HAA, WOW and TWA. Concrete meaning of this root is encompass or encircle or surround. Overwhelm something or cover it in every way or from all sides. When a word is used for Allah, it needs to be taken in that context.
Putting one’s fingers in one’s ears is about showing overwhelmingness of the situation one is faced with. It is as if one has come face to face with death and destruction.
20) The thunderbolt of their self created problems that hits them almost snatches away their sense of judgement. It strikes them each time the way they live their lives. That is whenever they are taken over by darkness of ignorance and unjust behaviour they become trapped in their tracks. Had Allah meant to make them deaf and blind, He could have taken away their sense of responding to these problems by taking away their sense of judgement that helps them learn from them. Indeed! Allah has set up laws for all things to work accordingly including mankind.
Word YAKHTAF is from root KHAA, TWAA and FAA. Concrete meaning of this root is take away something from something with quick speed as if the one from whom something is taken did not even see it. Snatch away. The same root is used for to walk briskly, to hook, to miss the target, to make a fast move, to pull a fast one, to confuse or make fool etc etc.
Word QADEER is from root QAAF, DAAL and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is law or standard for reference for something for some purpose. Allah is called QADEER because he set the standard or law or way something should work to some end Allah has set for it so that purpose of Allah is fulfilled. Universal realities therefore must follow divine will like a computer follows its program in order that end result or goal is achieved. Humans are not only affected by laws that control or guide nature but they are also given divine laws to live by through their own choosing. This is why mankind is given the knowledge to conquer the forces of nature and manage the universe for its own benefit by its own efforts. Man has been created with huge potential like a tiny seed that can grow into a huge tree given the right conditions for its development. Man is given the power of knowledge by direct life experience and divine revelation to change things from what they are to what he wants them to be. However the laws of nature are not under control of man to change because man is not God. Whatever man does he will have to do it within the God set limits or there is danger of man’s self destruction.
21) So O you the people, live according to the program and constitution of your lord who has furnished you with ability of good conduct towards each other like those who followed guidance before you so that you could become free of harmful and destructive ways of existence.
Word KHALAQA is from root KHAA, LAAM and QAAF. Concrete root meaning of this root is evolve or develop. Other meanings of this word are to create, to have a character or to conduct oneself or the way one acts.
22 ) Who brought about for you the earth like a floor and the heaven like a canopy and sent down from the heaven water as rain whereby He brought forth fruits for your sustenance, therefore take not for yourselves rulers other than Allah when the program and constitution of Allah has been made obvious to you.
Word MAA’A is from root MEEM, ALIF and ALIF. Concrete root meaning of this root is water or something that flows smoothly and consistently. This word is used for anything in liquid form water or any other fluid. This word has many concepts attached to it eg life, development, progress, revelation, prosperity etc etc. It is because water plays a huge role in existence, function and evolution of life just like divine revelation inspires and moves one to act. Knowledge be it through humans’ own life experience or divine revelation is like water ie life giving because without this knowledge people could not exist or continue their existence as all things need motivation. Universal conditions ought to be life and living friendly.
Word SAMARAAT is from root SAA, MEEM and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is fruit ie result of one’s actions or product of one’s effort or fruit of one’s labour etc.
Word ANDAADAA is from root NOON, DAAL and DAAL. Concrete meaning of this root is tug-of-war situation. A thing is pulled in two opposite directions or goals. Since the Quran is talking about human communities and it wants to guide them by giving them a program, constitution and guidelines for laws and people also have set up their own ways of life with their own customs and laws, in fact they have set up rival systems for living and the result of those has been explained in the verse before, therefore people are told to stop doing such things. Look at what happens to you when you do these things. The explanation continues.
23) Yet if you are in any kind of doubt or suspicion concerning this program and constitution for peace, progress and prosperity that We have revealed for the mankind through Our messenger then bring a program, a constitution and guidelines for laws as good as this yourselves if you can. If you on your own cannot then invite all your supporters other than Allah to help you do this and see if your doubting it can really prove true by producing an alternative to it.
Word SOORAH is from root SEEN, WOW and RAA. Concrete meaning of this word is something that is fully comprehensive or covers all aspects of something or all sides of it for a set purpose. Same word is used for a protective wall that keeps what is inside it safe and keeps out what is outside of it. Since the Quran is a comprehensive program, constitution and guidelines for laws it has been set as a challenge for mankind to beat if they are not convince that this book is unbeatable at what it claims to be. This is not a surah like challenge in sense of Quranic suras as people misinterpreted it and misrepresented it but a proper challenge of system against system, structure against structure, procedure against procedure and practice against practice. You either understand and follow divine system, structure, procedure and practice for life or invent your own that is at least as good as this. The end result of working according to these systems, structures, procedure and practices should tell you which system will give you life and which will harm or destroy you. Allah does not want to see people destroying themselves through bad systems made by themselves hence he set up the challenge to convince them with argument that is powerfully challenging for proving this point.
Word AD’OO is from root DAAL, AIN and WOW or YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is rely or depend upon. When you are in need of help you call on those who you think can help you ie you rely on them for help. The same word means to invite or draw attention. A question arises why people call upon God and what does it really mean? People need to understand the idea the Quran teaches. It does not teach people to shout to call God when they are in trouble instead he tells people, read the Quran and find out how things work as per divine set laws and then do things accordingly and you will get results or outcome of your actions as per your own efforts. The idea that people worship God to please him and then ask for things and they will be given is alien to Quranic teachings. Allah does not work like that instead he has set up systems and processes with set laws and tells people follow the rules when you do thing and you will be fine and if you fail to follow rules for doing things, you can shout and cry all you like things will not happen all by themselves. For example, a person wants a child so he sets out a prayer mat and sits on it for hours praising God and asking for things eg he wants God to give him a son. This son he is asking for will not be dropped from the sky for him because he is told to have a wife and go through the process of having kids. It matters not to God how much this man cries and how much he tries to bribe God with his prayers. Things are set to happen according to laws set by God. So mankind is told learn how universal realities work and use them to benefit you. You cannot have anything any other way than the way set up by Allah.
Word SHUHADAA is from root SHEEN, HAA and DAAL. Concrete root meaning of this root is linked ie something is connected to something directly in some way for some purpose. A witness is connected to scene of event or crime. Something is present ie it is not absent or GHAIB= remotely connected or absent or hidden from the place. Action is there when one acts but result takes time and it is hidden in form of future time. When one has no informational gap in one’s knowledge about something, one is as if in state of presence or alive and alert but when one has gaps in one’s knowledge about something then one is as if absent. One bridges the gap of absence by being present.
Word DOON is from root DAAL, WOW and NOON. Concrete meaning of this root is someone other than someone eg rival or partner. Someone with someone or someone instead of someone. From point of view of people, when they associate something or someone with God as his partner, in point of view of Allah they are associating one as his rival. By not abiding by program and constitution of Allah and instead abiding by rule of law of others they are setting up parallel or rival rulers in fact. This people must not do because they will end up in troubles like the ones told already and more are still to be told.
Word SAADIQEEN is from root SWAD, DAAL and QAAF. Concrete meanings of this root is something of which all pieces fit together perfectly in every way so that it is found fit for the purpose when examined for verification. Truth is called true because it matches all the aspects of truth measuring set standard when examined. Truth can only be established by seeing if the theory matches the related reality. For example, if one claims that fire burns, can it be verified or tested that fire really burns? So when fire is lit and thing are put in it do they burn as expected, if they do then truth of the claim is established by way of evidence for the claim. This is why word KIZB=falsehood is opposite of SIDQ=truth. It is because root KAAF, ZAAL and BAA has meaning of denial. Truth is about a claim hitting its targeted ie the claim meets the evidence or is consistent with it whereas a lie is whereby a claim is denied hitting its target. So it causes a distance or inconsistency or contradiction between claim and evidence. Looking at it in another way one who lies his mind and words he speaks do not match ie what one is expressing is not what is in one’s mind. Saying I will do something but then do it not is denial of truth. Word SADAQAH is from same root which is about compensation for being untrue to one’s beliefs by one’s actions eg one suffers some loss and thinks that one has suffered this loss because one made his God angry so he has punished him for that by causing him some loss or harm. In order to atone this, something is sacrificed as compensation. This has nothing to do with Quranic teaching because in Islam there is no rich and poor divide so that people with money could give some of their wealth to poor people to please Allah. Islamic society based on Quran is a very different set up. Islam is not a religion but a way of life of an organised community. A lot of things found in Muslim societies have been brought in by others who have joined Islamic societies so what they brought into Muslim societies is now known as Islamic by masses but it actually is not. SADAQAH is actually the effort one makes and things one spends including one’s life in the way of knowing the truth and making the truth known to rest of humanity ie the understanding and spreading of the message of the Quran.
24) However if you cannot do this and surely you cannot then think about the result of fire of hatred you are creating between mankind by living by your own ideologies and customs which is fuelled by some people through denying access to Our provisions for others, it is ignited and fuelled by people who deny the peace, progress and prosperity giving program and constitution of Allah to others to take undue advantage of them.
Word HIJAARAH is from root HAA, JEEM and RAA, Concrete root meaning of this root is stone or something that behaves like stone. Something that does not show sign of life or does not move ie it is stuck eg a human society that does not make progress and prosper. A society that confines itself to a certain mindset, attitude or behaviour. An ideological or physical structure that confines people or limits them in some way or ties them to some reference point etc etc.
25) Nonetheless despite their opposition deliver the good news for those who would commit to working for peace, progress and prosperity and act to remove obstacles in the way of peace, progress and prosperity for mankind that there await for them the blissful kingdoms throughout which rivers will flow of all that they would need and desire. Every time they will participate in those kingdoms, they will receive the full fruits of their hard works therefrom. They will say to each other, this is how people like us received full results of their hard works before us, for they will be given results of their hard work just like them. That is because they will have therein loving, peaceful, progressive and prosperous people as companions who would be free from domineering mindset, attitude and behaviour whereby people end up inflicting harm and destruction upon each other. Such like will be the people who will end up in such like kingdoms.
Word SAALIHAAT is from root SWAD, LAAM and HAA. Concrete root meaning of this root is repair or mend. Since Quranic goal is Islam=peace, progress and prosperity for all and people who are divided on the basis of negative discrimination become enemies to each other’s interests hence divisions in humanity must be removed actively to repair the fractured human relationship by removing all these obstacles in human societies.
Word JANNAAT is from root JEEM, NOON and NOON. Concrete root meaning of this root is shadow/shade. The reason word JANNAT=garden is because in a garden there are trees which give shade or protection from sunlight and the fresh air and flowery plants influence minds of people ie give them sense of a blissful place. The darkness of night also comes under same root as it spreads and covers up things by darkness. People in communities with influence over masses come under same root. Anything that overshadows or influences anything is called JINN. Any skilled or expert person in any field of knowledge is also called JINN. Anything that exists but cannot be seen due to some obvious reason eg due to darkness, lack of or weak sight, distance or size etc. Certain words used in the Quran have been misused by people to confuse each other. Some people have invented some imaginary supernatural creatures with supernatural powers are busy making fool of simple minded people. The belief in demons and magic is part of all this nonsense. Allah never gave supernatural powers even to his messengers so why would he do so for others? If people develop some psychological or physical problems that cannot be properly diagnosed yet due to lack of our knowledge they should not be taken as supernatural influences. People suffering from such conditions should not be taken to the tricksters but to those who are involved in research and explorations about such things so that they could be treated appropriately. We will not get answers if we do not look for them or do not create such institutions that help us do that. Education rather than foolishness is better way to learn and deal with problems that face us human beings.
Word MUTASHAABIHAA is from root SHEEN, BAA and HAA. Concrete meaning of this root is similarity ie two things having such similarity that one becomes so confused or doubtful that one could take one thing for the other eg truth for falsehood. It is because they look the same to an untrained mind but once evidence based arguments are brought to light the difference between truth and falsehood becomes obvious.
Word AZWAAJ is from root ZAA, WOW and JEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is associate. It depends on context and purpose of association eg a wife is partner of her husband, a person could be a work colleague. Two are more things could be brought under same association for some reason or purpose.
Word MUTAHARAH is from root TWAA, HAA and RAA. Concrete root meaning of this root is free of adulterations or impurities. Purposeful context is needed to decide the meanings of this root. In the Quranic context a person who claims to commit to Islamic way of life must not live by any other way of life. One must not associate anti and unIslamic things to Islam otherwise one is changing Islam by adding unIslamic ideas and practices to it. Even a tiny bit of unIslamic stuff if anyone adds to Islam one has adulterated it, so one will not get the results one ought to get due to making unauthorised changes to it in some way.
Word KHAALIDOON is from root KHAA, LAAM and DAAL. Concrete meaning of this root is experience something mentally or physically. Take part in doing something or be part of something. Go through a door to enter a room or go through a program ie carry it out to achieve the goal etc etc.
26) Surely Allah does not raise a people to such dignified life to be an example for others the likes of a mass pile of a people that is mentally dead, weak and mean but a nation that is far above that, so that those who commit to working for peace and prosperity know for sure that it is the proper example as lesson for learning from their sustainer, yet as for those who ignore and oppose Our guidance say, what did Allah mean to convey by way of this like example? Thereby He lets many remain stray due to their harmful mindset, attitude and behaviour and thereby he guides many due to their beneficial mindset, attitude and behaviour, however He lets stray thereby only such as have adverse mindset, attitude and behaviour towards His program, constitution and guidelines for making laws as well as towards mankind.
Word YASTAHYEE is from root HAA, YAA and YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is motivation, movement or sign of life. Something that is alive eg a nation that is lively ie well motivated for making progress. This root is also used for serpent because it moves smoothly and shyness or bashfulness or hesitancy. That is because something is moving stopping and moving.
Word YADRIB is from root DWAAD, RAA and BAA. Concrete meaning of this root is make something meet something eg stick something with something like two sheets of paper with glue for some reason. Strike an example or give an example or point out as an example. Provide information to explain something. To hit the road is to go on your way or get on with your work. To make somebody understand something ie make a mind meet the information so that it makes sense of it. To beat up someone ie to slap a person, by doing so you are making your hand meet his body. To form, create or make something etc etc.
Word BAOODA is from root BAA, AIN and DWAD. Concrete meaning of this root is part ie some of something. An insignificant or tiny part of a whole. A useless or idle or mean people who are part of humanity. Something that is not of that much worth or value that one takes notice of it.
Word HAQ is from root HAA, QAAF and QAAF. Concrete meaning of this root is something that is self evident. Something that stands upon some solid foundation. A legal right or something that is proper, purposeful, true or a proven truth or appropriate or something that works when put to the test. Something that is right for the time, purpose, place, situation or circumstances etc etc.
Word FAASIQEEN is from root FAA, SEEN and QAAF. Concrete meaning of this root is crack. Something that moves or falls out of its proper place or separates or moves away from some point of reference e.g. constitution or community. A division that leads to fights and wars or civil strife etc. When a person or a group of people does not accept or abide by given program or constitution or law then division takes place and wars break out as a result. So people who move away from what is right and proper they cause troubles so they are called trouble makers ie fasiqeen.
27) Those who seek to harm and destroy mankind conspire to move mankind away from the program and constitution of Allah even after agreeing that it is the right and the proper way of life, thereby they seek discord in mankind regarding which Allah has commanded unity that is how they cause fights and wars in the land. These are the ones who cause harm and destruction to their own communities as well as others.
Word YANQUDOON is from root NOON, DWAAD and NOON. Concrete meaning of this word is breach. This means break away from something ideologically or physically. It also means to part, to separate, to damage or harm something.
Word AHD is from root AIN, HAA and DAAL. Concrete meaning of this root is testimony or will under oath, constitution or binding agreement. The divine will is all about how people should live their lives for the set divine purpose or goal. Although divine testimony is also a testimony like testimony of any other witness but divine oath is all about telling and proving the stated truth by means of relevant evidences through real world realities. So the claims the Quran makes about real world realities can be tested by seeing if things observed are in agreement with the claims made in the Quran or not. For example, the Quran tells people that if you live by this program then you will end up in peace by being progressive to be prosperous. Going about life by any other programs will land you in troubles and disasters. What does our history say about this and what are we seeing in front of our own eyes?
Word MISAAQ is from root WOW, SAA and QAAF. Concrete meaning of this root is tie or bond ie agreeing to something binding or to take something as binding by agreement out of free choice.
Word YAQTAOON is from root QAAF, TWAA and AIN. Concrete meaning of this root is cut off. Break off from something or damage something. Quran wants unity for people and tells them to be united but people break off their ties with God and with each other ending up in all sorts of fights thereby seriously damaging if not destroying their own future.
Word YOOSALA is from root WOW, SWAAD and LAAM. Concrete root meaning of this root is join. The Quran wants people to be united and work together for their own peace, progress and prosperity.
Word KHAASIROON is from root KHAA, SEEN and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is loss ie loss of things or purpose etc. A person who wants to be a useful person must have goals and must find ways and means to achieve them or one will not reach where one ought to be goal wise. So one should not be a useless person who has nothing to gain from life.
28) So how can you the mankind oppose the dignified life giving program, constitution and guidelines for making laws from Allah because you were a people stuck in the rut and He brought you out thereby? Moreover He found you locked in deadly conflicts and brought you out of that because you turned to His set goal so keep following it.
29) He it is who created everything for you all in the land so that you work together and progress there from hence He drew your attention to the universe wherefore He furnished it with so many heavenly bodies and that is why He makes you aware of all things so that one day you manage all this by yourselves for your own good.
Word SABA is from root SEEN, BAA and AIN. Concrete meaning of this root is seven or a big number or a process that is ongoing. This word also has various other derived meanings.
30) So call to mind the time when your sustainer informed the administrator in the land that I am going to raise in the land a chief administrator. They said, are You going to contain thereby such a people as create fights and wars causing bloodshed so that united all together we strive hard to establish Your rule in the land in order to remove all ills from between us through Your rule? He said, I will make evident in due course that which is not obvious to you just as yet.
Word KHALEEFAH is from root KHAA, LAAM and FAA. Concrete meaning of this root is representative. Anything that derives its origin, function or authority from another eg a legal attorney represents interests of a client. Something that succeeds another in authority or time eg children succeed their parents. In the Quranic context humanity is authorised by God to manage the universe according to his will or his program, constitution and law for the betterment of itself. The universe is like an empty place with all humanity needs to make something out of it with which God and humanity both are pleased one day. So it is left up to man to turn this place into a blissful kingdom and keep it. However, to maintain this vast divine kingdom mankind must unite and march forward together using a bit of divine guidance and a bit of its God given brain. For goal of peaceful, progressive and prosperous existence people must come together and organise otherwise program cannot be turned into a working reality. For this, constitution based administration and institutions become necessary and that is what is being talked about in these verses ie it is told how the original sensible human community became organised. The first chief administrator is named as Aadam. The Quran is not talking about creation of Aadam but how he was put in place as the chief organiser and administrator or manager. Before this people lived as they lived like other animals but learned from their life experiences using their brains and senses so when they became capable of benefiting from divine guidance Allah guided them to better end ie as their awareness arose to a level whereat they could benefit from divine guidance that is when people were guided by God through his first revelation to take them to higher level of awareness. Here it is also made clear that all information comes from God because he is the one who provided everything with all its mental and physical needs.
31) For that reason Allah made evident to Aadam the names of all the tasks related to departments of the administration and their related full detail and then He put them before the chiefs and said, tell me the names of all the tasks related to departments of administration as to what they are all about if you are truly capable of carrying them out.
Word AADAM is from root ALIF, DAAL and MEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is mankind. Aadam was a creature with mind of his own. In the Quran this word is used either as a proper name of a person or the human kind. In this verse it seems to be used as a name of a particular person who was appointed as a divine messenger to his people and who became their political leader as well through showing his ability to be able to manage the human community around him. MALAAIKAH are people as well who existed in time of Aadam who were tribal chiefs managing their own people and were aware of the problems in their communities and were looking forward for better advice from Aadam probably because they found him wiser than themselves. This Aadam was not first human being in kind but first proper human being with best sense at the time among the rest. This tells people what kind of people they should choose from among themselves to be the top managers or administrators of people and resources and how knowledgeable they themselves should be individually so that they can truly implement divine program through help of each other.
32) They said, free of all problems is Your program, constitution and guidelines for laws and we have no knowledge beyond that which You have granted us through our brains and senses, indeed You make things obvious wisely.
Word HAKEEM is from root HAA, KAAF and MEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is barrier. An obstacle in way of doing something or something that stops something from happening. This is why this root also means wisdom, decision, judgement, government or rule or order or commandment etc. All these meanings show people are being stopped from doing things that are harmful or destructive to themselves or their community. So wisdom or order in Quranic context is all about preventing or stopping harm and destruction. Other meaning of this root is way to destination. Hakeem is one who knows the goal and the way to achieve it through creating means to get there. Because one knows the goal and the way to get there therefore one is called wise. The opposite of wisdom is ignorance that keeps one in confusion or darkness because one has no idea of goal or ways and means to achieve it. To rule for the betterment one needs wisdom otherwise everything will be ruined that is why people are not fit for rule that is why rule is only for Allah because he alone is wise so by following his program people too can manage the universe for their own good to reflect glory of their creator by way of attaining dignified position for themselves. How can people manifest glory of God if they themselves do not do anything that makes them a people worth the name? Glory of God can only becomes manifest when humanity itself does something for itself that it can be proud of it in its own right.
Word SABBIH is from root SEEN, BAA and HAA. Concrete meaning of this root is to make full effort for bringing about the wanted or required result. Make something happen by making effort for it or by working for it. Try and do whatever is needed to fulfil the objective or goal etc etc.
33) He said, O Aadam, inform them about the names and related information about their tasks connected to the departments of the administration. After he had taught them the names of their tasks and related information about the departments of the administration Allah said, did I not tell you that I will in due course make evident for the mankind the secrets in the heavens and the earth? That is how I made obvious to you in due course through your own efforts all that has become obvious to you and I will make obvious to you by your own actions in due course all that is yet hidden to you.
Word ANBI is from root NOON, BAA and ALIF. Concrete meaning of this root is medium. A person who acts as an intermediary between two parties. If one party is God and the other mankind and God wants to convey his message to people then medium is a NABI in that context ie a person appointed by God as his agent to deliver his message to mankind. The other word used for this kind of person is RASOOL=messenger. These words are used for other than divine agents as well ie ordinary people eg a news reporter also gives news but he is obviously not a divine messenger ie he is not appointed by God to get his news from God to tell people. So the contexts of use of this root will make obvious its meaning wherever it is used. The main thing to remember is that words nabi and rasool do not necessarily mean divine prophets and messengers with heavenly books.
Word TUBDOON is from root BAA, DAAL and WOW. Concrete meaning of this root is discovered. People who live in the open ie Bedouin. Things that are obvious or made obvious or brought into the open etc.
Word TAKTUMOON is from root KAAF, TAA and MEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is hidden. Something that someone is not aware of. Something that has not become obvious yet but it will in due course ie it will be discovered. Something concealed etc. In the Quranic context mankind is created with a potential to overcome universe and use it for its own benefit. Man will do all this using his own brain and divine guidance by discovering realities of things in the real world.
34) That is why we said to the tribal chiefs, accept for Aadam position of chief organiser and administrator and they all accepted that save Iblees, he refused out of sense of dominance because he was of those who oppose rule of Allah.
Word ISJUDOO is from root SEEN, JEEM and DAAL. Concrete meaning of this root is agree ie accept to work according to requirements of an authority or reference point or proposal or program etc etc. MASJID is therefore an institution that is set up under divine constitution to serve mankind according to will of Allah.
Word IBLEES is from root BAA, LAAM and SEEN. Concrete meaning of this root is hopelessness. Someone who is desperate for something but cannot get it and becomes angry and consumed by anger. In the Quran it seems to be name of a man who opposed choice of Aadam for the position of chief administrator. The reason he gives is that he can handle situation better than Aadam can yet his actions manifest his inability to handle the situation. He instead of accepting decision of rest of community in light of divine guidance opposes it and conspires against the state and its administration to bring down the divine kingdom.
Word ABAA is from root ALIF, BAA and YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is refuse eg refuse to accept an offer. Be disdainful etc.
Word ASTAKBARA is from root KAAF, BAA and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is dominance. Arrogance, greatness, sense of pride, aged or elderly etc.
35)Despite what Iblees did We said, O Adam, remain constantly on course you and your people for the pursuit of blissful kingdom and participate in that program as you wish but do not get involved in disputes and quarrels among yourselves such as this because you will become one of those who breach divine code of conduct.
Word USKUN is from root SEEN, KAAF and NOON. Concrete meaning of this root is stay put. To reside in a place or follow a course of actions in a consistent way towards a goal. It also means become stuck in a way that progress becomes impossible and regression settles in.
Word TAQRABAA is from root QAAF, RAA and BAA. Concrete meaning of this root is step. When one takes steps one is getting near to his intended target. To step on something or meet the target or achieve it. Go beyond set limit or step over the mark.
Word SHAJARAH is from root SHEEN, JEEM and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is tree or something that resembles tree in some respect eg a tree has branches. A constitution is a set of aims and objectives with guidelines, rules and regulations, stating organisational systems, structures, procedures and practices etc etc. A family tree or a piece of information laid out in form of a table that explains something in some respect. People going their separate way due to some dispute or quarrel etc etc.
36) But the opponent of the program conspired against Adam and his people and brought them out of the course of actions in which they were. For this reason we said, get you out of this mindset, attitude and behaviour because some of you are causing animosity with others. The earth for all of you is a training place with livelihood for a set time till you have learned and sorted out yourselves to move on to goal of conquering the universe.
Word AZALLA is from root ZAA, LAAM and LAAM. Concrete root meaning of this root is trip. To cause somebody to make mistake so that one could get what one desires. Political conspiracy to bring down a rule or state.
Word AKHRAJA is from root KHAA, RAA and JEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is expulsion. Exclude, expel or bring out somebody from a place or idea or course of action.
Word AHBITOO is from root HAA, BAA and TWAA. Concrete meaning of this root is move out of a situation or circumstances or a place etc. To change place, idea, situation, circumstances, mindset, attitude or behaviour in order to make ends meet.
Word ADUW is from root AIN, DAAL and WOW/YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is to cause split and place a wedge so that two sides do not come together the while wedge is there. In other words animosity cannot be removed unless the cause that keeps animosity alive is removed. The distance or difference caused or exists between two points etc etc.
Word MUSTAQAR is from root QAAF, RAA and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is settle down before moving on. To settle down disputes, to settle down in a place or settle down ideologically or in behaviour for a time to move on etc etc.
37) That is how Aadam met requirements of his creator and sustainer after he turned to his program, constitution and law. That is why He encouraged people to adopt His program for development and prosperity.
Word TALAQQAA is from root LAAM, QAAF and YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is become enlightened or realise something about something. Something that comes to mind or something one experiences. Something that meets something eg a person to another person or something that meets requirements for a purpose eg meets the specifications or demands or expectations etc etc.
Word KALIMAAT is from root KAAF, LAAM and MEEM. Concrete meaning of this word is inscription ie writing on the stone eg constitution. This word also means speech, word, cut or wound etc.
Word TAAB is from root TAA, WOW and BAA. Concrete meaning of this root is to turn to something or a point as a reference. To urge or encourage someone to take a step eg to give up doing wrong things or to do the right things.
38)We said, stay out of that rivalry based mindset, attitude and behaviour all of you which causes animosities among you. Moreover when there comes to you guidance from Me any people who follow My guidance for such will be neither anxiety nor suffering through regrets.
Word TABIA is from root TAA, BAA and AIN. Concrete meaning of this root is to be consistent with something or someone by action. Being consistent with the prophet means to take action in support of him or his mission.
Word KHOWF is from root KHAA, WOW and FAA. Concrete meaning of this word is anxiety. Fear about future regarding safety and livelihood. If people do not live in a way told by Allah which is based upon sense of community and brotherhood and supportive network whereby pressure about everything is distributed and handled collectively then people who cannot cope with problems of life could end up in anxiety and depression. That is because one can only handle so much of pressures of life and when threshold is reached the mental capacity is overcome by pressure and the person breaks down nervously or suffer panic attacks. This is because if you want to control anyone you control their mind by frightening them mentally through threats eg if you don’t do this I will kill you or your children etc. You can also bodily harm people to cause them break down mentally. This is how pressure leads people to all sorts of problems and should not be taken lightly. More and more people are facing depression because of rivalries and negative competitions between them because each person is pushed down by all the rest so the weakest of all gives in and then the next person becomes the victim and so one by one people are going down. This is why anti humanity ways of life must be given up but this is not one man task rather people need to educate each other out their stupidity before it is too late.
Word YAHZANOON is from root HAA, ZAA and NOON. Concrete meaning of this root is regret. People who fail to live as told By Allah will end up doing a lot more wrongs to each other and will then live to regret it when they get back what they did to others when they are no longer able to defend themselves. So there is no sense in living as rivals discriminating against each others to take undue advantage of each other. Rivalries lead to anxiety and regrets not brotherhood. This shows how religion and secular democracy based on capitalism are both dangerous for humanity.
39) But those who will oppose Our program, constitution and law such people will end up in fire of hatred against each other and in that state they will remain for as long as they live in that state of mind.
Word AAYAAT is from root ALIF, YAA and YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is landmark. A symbol that stands for something for some purpose. A verse of the Quran. Evidence, proof or sign etc etc. A people or a nation are a sign of Allah regardless they are good or bad because they are a lesson for others to learn from. Good people are to be supported and followed and bad people are to be helped out of their ignorance and stupidity so that damage they cause to humanity could be limited.
40) O children of Israel spread my blissful program that I blessed you with thus fulfil your agreement with Me so that I fulfil My agreement with you and it is My mission that you should be committed to for your own good.
Word BANEE is from root BAA, NOON and WOW/YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is foundation. A principle, a basis or a rule. A son or daughter or an ancestor etc etc.
Word AZKUROO is from root ZAAL, KAAF and RAA. Concrete root meaning of this root is to propagate. Spread seed, idea, message or movement ie campaign for something. Call to mind or mention etc etc.
Word OWFOO is from root WOW, FAA and YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is to complete eg a set out task. Complete one’s life span ie die. Complete one’s promise by fulfilling it etc etc.
Word ARHABOON is from root RAA, HAA and BAA. Concrete meaning of this root is connection. To show concern for. To pay attention to. To have due respect for. To be committed to or be in touch with or in contact with.
41) So commit to working for peace by supporting that which I have revealed that confirms that which is with you already and be not at the forefront as its opponents nor trade this way of life based upon My revelations for any other way of life because that is of lesser value, instead be consistent with My program, constitution and law for the good of the mankind.
Word SAMAN is from root SAA, MEEM and NOON. Concrete meaning of this root is value. Something that is worth something or has a value in some way. Name of a number ie 8. Something that is similar or equivalent or alternative of something in some way. Something that is of a lesser value than the one it is compared with either in part or as a whole when this word is used with word QALEELAA=lesser or smaller or little etc.
42)And adulterate not that which is provably-true because it is beneficial for the mankind with that which is provably-false because it is harmful for the mankind so attempt not to conceal that which is true after you have been made aware of this fact again by the Quran as a reminder.
Word TALBISOO is from root LAAM, BAA and SEEN. Concrete meaning of this root is cover. Something used for covering something for some reason eg an idea or an action or material. A person covers a topic or an idea in his talk or lecture. A person covers his body with armour during war etc to protect himself. A person covers himself with clothes for dressing up, to protect himself from heat and cold etc etc. A person twists an idea with another idea by drawing away attention from one thing to another with intention to cover up one idea with another. People always covered the message of God in form of his DEEN by their own ideas in form of religions and rulers used religions as tools for exploiting masses in the name of God and secularism as rulers appointed by God. In other words kings gave legitimacy to priests and they gave legitimacy to rulers as kings and emperors ie kings were destined for ruling and masses were destined to be exploited by kings and priests. So children of Israel are told to get out of this separation between religion and state idea and be proper human beings living as a brotherhood without any form of discriminatory divisions.
Word BAATIL is from root BAA, TWAA and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is unfounded. Something that is unreal therefore cannot stand the test or examination or scrutiny. Something that does not work when put to the test. Something that is not fit for the time, purpose, situation, or circumstances. Word BAATIL is used as opposite of word HAQ in this verse ie stop clothing truth with falsehood or stop mixing truth with falsehood. Don’t turn DEEN= way of life based upon divine program and constitution into MAZHAB=religion ie a set of baseless dogmas or make beliefs to fool masses to make way for their exploitation by the ruling elite and priestly classes or money lenders. Religions are false ideas and that becomes obvious when one examines the scriptures they are based upon. Religions are not private affair of individuals because morality in itself is not private affair. All scriptures worth the name contain directions that concern other than people told. One person’s lie affects another person, one person’s cheating affects another person, one person murders affects another person. If what one is told affects others then religion is not right word to use for a scripture that contains such information because this is social code for society. If each person lived by a different code then there is no society or sense of community. This automatically means the Quranic teaching is on the spot and its claim that God only and only sent one code for living for the mankind is true in light of evidences available in all the religious scriptures worth the name. It is therefore obvious why the Quran is telling Jews to stop doing whatever wrong they are doing.
43) Instead help establish the supporting network of communities thereby so that you could attain freedom from all ills in the human society by working with those who move towards installing the divine world order.
Word ZAKAAH is from root ZAA, KAAF and WOW. Concrete meaning of this root is prosperity. For anything to prosper or grow all obstacle in its way must be removed so that it is free to move full speed ahead. Word ZAKAAH is therefore used in the Quran for freeing individuals and communities from things that hold them back from growing to their full potential. If a seed of a huge tree is not given the right environment to develop at any stage of its life span, it will suffer so it will not grow to its full potential and likewise if any person, group or community is oppressed or suppressed or deprived of its needs then it will not be able to develop as it otherwise will if it could have all it needed. The ZAKAAH like SALAAH is a system of Islamic constitution and not a religious law of charity for the poor at rate of 2.5%. Islam is a network based on brotherhood so a family does not give and take charity it looks after all its members like dependants. Those who can must organise and plan to work in a sensible way so that the needs of community do not remain unfulfilled. Islamic system is not about sitting idle and expecting everything of others. If people do not become a network of producers and distributors and do not serve their community as it needs to be served then there is no community and there cannot be a community and even if there is it will soon dismantle as more and more people do not do what is required of them to remain a community. If people do not fulfil their responsibilities then they cannot get their rights because rights are fulfilled by fulfilment of responsibilities. In order to be a community its members must do all in their power for each other and not be opportunists, evaders or dodgers of community responsibilities. ZAKAAH is Islamic economic system just like SALAAH is a system of Islamic community supportive network.
Word RAKIEEN is from root RAA, KAAF and AIN. Concrete meaning of this root is bow. That is to accept the wishes of someone. Bend oneself or model one’s life according to divine will or divine program, constitution and law.
44) Do you the leaders of Jewish community tell people of other nations to let you live freely as you wish yet you are strangling your own masses out of existence through oppression and suppression in the name of religion and state separation despite claiming to be followers of the divine program, constitution and law? Should you not be rather more sensible and intelligent than that?
Word BIRR is from root BAA, RAA and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is freedom. Being left free to do as one pleases. To be free from doing things that cause harm or destruction. To be beneficial in conducting oneself so that it benefits others or community or have proper behaviour according to some set standard.
Word TANSOWN is from root NOON, SEEN and ALIF/VOW/YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is beauty that attracts one so much that one forgets about anything else. Beautiful or attractive women that make men forget themselves. An organised community of people that is organised so well that it is not bothered by problems. Something that makes one forget something. Women, administrations and communities they manage, forgetfulness or negligence etc etc. Word NISAA is used as opposite of RIJAAL ie men as opposite of women, influential people in the community as opposite of the influenced people. One puts the other under its shadow as if the other does not exist in its own right ie the forgotten or invisible masses etc etc. Stronger section of a community ie people of means opposite of weaker section of community people who lack means. Managers and the managed, supporters and the supported or dependents etc etc.
Word TATLOON is from root TAA, LAAM and WOW. Concrete meaning of this root be in step with. Follow something closely or support in by actions or be consistent with it. In case of divine revelations, be consistent with them not just by declaring commitment but by doing as told.
Word TAQILOON is from root AIN, QAAF and LAAM. Concrete root meaning of this root is weight. Something that gives something weight or importance because it ties things together in a way that they serve a purpose instead of being lose, random or purposeless. Aqal is called aqal because it anchors thoughts by tying them together in a way that they make sense and become purposeful or useful. The Quran is a book with information and if this information is not tied together by people purposefully that makes sense then it would be useless. The Quran uses word aqal and gives it vital impotence. Brain is useless without information to process and information is useless without brain to make use of it. Aqal is simply thought process of the brain to make sense of the information to get to its purpose.
45) Therefore seek support of each other consistently and constantly for bringing the supportive network of communities. It is indeed a huge task to accomplish but not impossible to do for those who are confident about its benefits for humanity.
Word SABAR is from root SWAAD, BAA and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is be rock solid in trying to fulfil the set out mission. Be steadfast and show backbone or endurance for accomplishing the objective. Not to be side tracked rather remain confined to the goal and guidelines set out for accomplishing it. Work with patience not to try hurry or take short cuts because that could lead to making mistakes and cause setbacks.
Word KHAASHIEEN is from root KHAA, SHEEN and AIN. Concrete meaning of this root is confidence. People with courage committed to a cause have no problem achieving their objective. They are focused on target and ways and means to hit it. People who know their journey from start to finish for sure and can come up with things of need for this journey and are sure that the goal is worth achieving cannot be stopped by anyone. It is because to stop such determined people one has to offer a better alternative and the Quran has challenged for alternative the whole of mankind and so far everything humans have been doing is in front of us all to be proud of it or be ashamed of it.
Last edited by Mughal
on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:39 am, edited 13 times in total.
- Posts: 385
- Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:45 am
- Location: Islamabad & Glasgow
46) Such as entertain the thought that they must meet the requirement of their creator and sustainer therefore they must go for the goal He set for them.
Word YAZUNNOON is from root ZWAA, NOON and NOON. Concrete root meaning of this root is thought. An idea or assumption one harbours in one’s mind. It may be based on evidence yet unconfirmed or simply as a possibility that may prove false at the end of the day unless it proves to be ok. It is as if one says, the fears or doubts that I had about something were confirmed by such and such actually happening.
47) O children of Israel, spread My blissful program I blessed you with whereby I raised you in dignity among the nations of the world.
Word FADAL is from root FAA, DWAAD and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this word is to understand information about something. Understanding things is knowledge and knowledge is power because with knowledge one can achieve things one wants to achieve and therefore one can raise oneself to place of honour. So anyone who has been blessed with brain and senses, universal realities and revelation and he understands them works accordingly cannot be expected to fail.
48) Through that guidance you should prevent coming of such a time when humanity deteriorates to such level due to results of its deeds that none supports another at all nor one expects support of humanity and none expects any justice of it and people end up without any help.
Word TAJZEE is from root JEEM, ZAA and YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is outcome ie result of one’s actions or effect of a cause. Wage, reward or compensation for one’s work or effort etc.
Word NAFS is from root NOON, FAA and SEEN. Concrete meaning of this root is ability of being or doing eg something that is able to think or do something etc. A being or its ability to think or breathe or live etc etc. A human being, life or motivation etc etc.
Word SHAFAA’A is from root SHEEN, FAA and AIN. Concrete root meaning of this root is something that acts as go between in a process, system, structure, procedure or practise to make it complete the circuit for a set purpose ie means or parts of mechanisms that make it complete and fit for the purpose etc.
Word ADL is from root AIN, DAAL and LAAM. Concrete root meaning of this root is balance ie something that is properly set in a position that does not lean towards one side or the other. In legal sense adl means justice, a decision not favouring one side in a dispute or the other instead deciding a matter based upon the available evidence. However law must also be just to begin with. Justice according to law is a different matter from law being just or not. An unjust law cannot deliver true justice because the scale is already tipped in favour of one party or the other. If in a human society weight is fairly distributed on all involved then it is easy for people to live with it than some people putting their weight on others causing unevenness in the society that leads to troubles.
Word YUNSAROON is from root NOON, DWAAD and RAA. Concrete root meaning of this root is support ie something that supports something for a purpose. Formation of a human community is a necessity for individuals if they want to live peaceful, progressive and prosperous lives.
In this verse people are warned that if they do not live by way of Allah then communities will break down due to rivalries so much so that none will be there any more for anyone else. So end rivalries before it is too late and you are beyond help of each other. Don’t let your brotherhood break down that badly or you will live to regret it.
49)And don’t forget We delivered you already from such like atrocities of the people of Pharaoh! They set you against each other to make you suffer severely destroying your influential people by setting them up against your own masses thereby prolonged your deterioration and painful suffering. Getting out of that situation for you was a momentous task according to Your magnificent sustainer.
Word NAJJAI is from root NOON, JEEM and WOW. Concrete meaning of this root is salvation ie something is saved from something or delivered from something eg a difficulty or troubling situation.
Word SOOA is from root SEEN, WOW and ALIF. Concrete meaning of this root is something very troubling or damaging eg a thing or a situation etc.
Word YUZABBHOON is from root ZAAL, BAA and HAA. Concrete root meaning of this root is to try to gain something by losing or using something, or use or lose something in the hope of gaining something. To kill off potential in a person or a community by putting them through a certain situation according to some sort of secret plan or conspiracy. To offer something as a sacrifice for a purpose eg to kill an animal as an offering to something for a purpose. To offer something or someone for the service of something or someone. People offering themselves or their children for service of God ie to carry forward the mission of God. An idea that was mistakenly taken as killing children for the offering to gods by ignorant people. The same is done nowadays in the name of God ie people sacrifice animals for no reason other than to offer them to God to please him so that their sins are forgiven.
50) Yet We cut out for you the roadmap whereby We delivered you from that difficult situation and let people of pharaoh destroy themselves due to their going their own way and you the people saw all this happening at the time right before your very eyes.
Word FARAQ is from root FAA, RAA and QAAF. Concrete meaning of this root is to carve out a way through. To make or show a difference or a different way of doing things. Make something distinct or show discrimination between two things. To differentiate or cut off or break away one thing from the other etc etc.
Word BAHR is from root BAA, HAA and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is a large quantity or amount of something eg water. A sea of people or troubles or ocean of fire or rivers of blood etc etc.
Word GHARAQ is from root GHAIN, RAA and QAAF. Concrete meanings of this root is something that drowns in something eg in its own troubles, sorrows, thoughts etc. People could also drown in the sea full of water. People fully involved in something ie preoccupied or fully lost in something paying no attention to anything else.
Word TANZUROON is from root NOON, ZWAA and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is expectation. To wait on something or see it through. To compare or debate or negotiate or a scene or a sight etc etc.
51) And at the time We set Moses with task for your regeneration and new beginning after a period of your deterioration and captivity yet you people held on to make beliefs and useless ritualism even after that freedom so you people did things against Our advice.
Word WAA’AD is from root WOW, AIN and DAAL. Concrete meaning of this root is to set something eg time for appointment or meeting or carrying out some task etc etc. To come to some sort of understanding about something or reach an agreement to do something etc etc.
Word ARBAEEN is from root RAA, BAA and AIN. Concrete meaning of this root is prosperity. This root is used for names of a few numbers eg 4 or 40 or 400 etc or a much greater quantity or amount etc etc.
Word LAILAH is from root LAAL, YAA and LAAM. Concrete root meaning of this root is period of darkness. Night time. A period of ignorance or lack of development, progress and prosperity. A time of worry, anxiety and regrets ie bad or troublesome days.
Word ATTAKHAZ is from root ALIF, KHA and ZAAL. Concrete meaning of this root is catch in the act. To find something as it is eg in a state or condition. To hold something or to hold on to something. Latch on, to take someone to task etc etc.
Word IJLA is from root AIN, JEEM and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is a false protective structure for a set purpose. A cow that has given birth to a calf but it dies and then to fool the cow the skin of the calf is stuffed with straw etc to make it look like a calf. Likewise to replace divine way of life a dummy way of life is created to fool people by rulers through their priests in order to secure their own rule. Even after Moses freed his people from slavery of Pharaoh, they were still a very religious people ie believed in make beliefs.
52) However We helped you overcome the harmful results of your wrong doings in due course so that you uplift yourselves to a dignified position among nations.
Word AFOW is from root AIN, FAA and WOW. Concrete meaning of this root is break away. People who live as they please break away from social norms or people who live as they like not giving due weight to divine program, constitution or law. In this verse Allah breaks away people from their courses of actions based on their own ideas which cause them problem by giving them guidance from himself to go by. This is how proper new beginning helps people overcome the losses they have suffered by living a life based on falsehood ie make belief rituals.
Word TASHKUROON is from root SHEEN, KAAF and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is appreciation ie to rise in worth or value by doing things that raise one in value, honour or dignity etc etc. To show gratitude by returning the favour with equal enthusiasm in a way that is proper in response.
53) And that was the reason that We gave Moses the program and the constitution as the criterion to go by so that you become an example of properly guided people for others to see and follow
54) At the time Moses said to his people, O my people, you have indeed harmed yourselves as a community by inflicting harm and destruction on each other by going after make beliefs and useless rituals instead of following divine program and constitution, so turn to program of the one who evolved and finalised your form as human beings and get yourselves rid of any wrong ideology and course of actions. That is better for you in the sight of the one who evolved and finalised your form as human beings so that He rewards you with real returns for your real works according to His program and set out universal system and laws. He is indeed the one Who rewards people with progress and prosperity for their works according to His set out system and laws to manifest success of His program.
Word BAARIEE is from root BAA, RAA and ALIF. Concrete root meaning of this root is finalise to give an idea or thing finishing touches to finish or complete it. To remove any faults or access material from a shape to show it faultless.
Word AQTULOO is from root QAAF, TAA and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is give up. Stop continuing something or accept defeat. Give up hope, life, an idea or action eg struggle etc. Take away the right of someone or something eg to live, to progress, to prosper, to develop, to exist etc etc.
Word KHAIR is from root KHAA, YAA and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is preference ie something that is chosen for a purpose because it serve the purpose best. Something that has best potential to develop, progress or prosper.
55) Due to all this learning experience you said at the time, O Moses, we will not commit to working for peace with you unless we can see the program of Allah fully explained because you were caught in unawareness although you were waiting for it.
Words NARALLAH does not mean show us Allah because people know Allah cannot be shown by anyone. Such words need to be interpreted in a way they express the purpose of use of such words eg Allah asks people to give Allah what belong to him, how can anyone give anything to Allah. It is a way of expression which means serve purpose of Allah ie carry the work Allah has set out for the person or community etc. Moreover here Quran is talking about Jews, who knew full well Allah is not a little toy that he could be picked up by Moses and put before them.
Word JAHRAH is from root JEEM, HAA and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is open space ie without any obstacles. When something is explained, it opens mind because it removes obstacle in the way of understanding something. Anything that comes in sight of physical eyes or the eyes of the mind etc. An open declaration or proclamation. Saying something aloud etc etc.
56) That is how We revived you as a nation after you were suppressed so that you radiate appreciation for giving hope to others.
Word BA’AS is from root BAA, AIN and SAA. Concrete meaning of this root is something that stands tall or stands out so that it draws attention to itself. Something that is resurrected or appointed for some reason.
57) It is because We found you being crushed by terrible problems so We provided for you solutions as rescue package thereby gave you encouragement and confidence. So cooperate with each other according to it working hard for production and distribution of useful things We have provided for your sustenance. Surely your ancestors did no harm to us but they did indeed harm their own future generations when they became slack in following Our program according to Our constitution and laws and lost sense of caring and sharing and instead ended up inflicting harm and destruction on each other.
Word ZALAL is from root ZWAA, LAAM and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is shade. Shield or protect or cover something from something eg a people from being attacked by another people or from other problems that can make life hell. The protection could be ideological or physical.
Word GHAMAAM is from root GHAIN, MEEM and MEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is clouds ie of ignorance, sorrows, troubles or disasters etc etc. This root also has meaning of clouds laden with rain water. The signs of something going to happen eg by clouds people expect rain etc etc..
Word MANNA is from root MEEM, NOON and NOON. Concrete meaning of this root is vigour. To help something with something to put things right or give one strength, courage or confidence for some purpose as a favour. In the Quranic context it is divine revelation that inspires action or brings a people to life or motivates them and helps them cope with any problems.
Word SALWAA is from root SEEN, LAAM and WOW. Concrete meaning of this root is confidence or solace etc.
Word TAYIBAAT is from root TWAA, YAA and BAA. Concrete meaning of this root is beneficial ie useful. Things that serve a purpose.
58) Even though We told them at the time, create this kind of kingdom and partake therein freely as you desire but remain committed to the constitution at all times by way of expressing your commitment in deeds so that thereby We prevent you from going off the track. That is because We bless with peaceful, progressive and prosperous life such people as live for each other according to Our program for the set goal.
Word QARIYAH is from root QAAF, RAA and YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is root. Foundation of something upon which depends rest of it eg a tree depends on its root to survive or grow. People depend upon community to survive and grow. A place that helps survive eg a habitat or a settlement or village or city or a piece of land or a country or kingdom etc. A source of food and water etc or way of transportation of feed in a living body eg a root helps a tree develop by getting its needed necessities for living to its branches and leaves etc. A city or country is organised in a similar way to fulfil its peoples’ needs.
Word BAAB is from root BAA, WOW and BAA. Concrete meaning of this root is a way through a door to some place or idea. Something that closes or controls something eg a door when shut closes the way to a room for entry or exit. The way to an end goal or objective or purpose. The gist of a talk or the conclusion drawn from a thought process or debate about a matter etc etc.
Word HITTAH is from root HAA, TWAA and TWAA. Concrete meaning of this root is reduce to eg words to writing or thoughts to action etc.
Word KHATAAYAA is from root KHAA, TWAA and ALIF. Concrete meaning of this root is missing the target eg an arrow does not hit the target due to straying off its course. A mistake or an error in thought or action etc. Something that happens without one intending to make it happen. A motiveless or aimless or purposeless action or event etc etc.
Word SANAZEED is from root ZAA, YAA and DAAL. Concrete meaning of this root is multiply or increase for the good or for the bad depends on goal or target, if goal is beneficial then increase is in sense of progress and prosperity otherwise it is in sense of harm and poverty etc. Increase could be in thought, action or things etc etc.
Word MUHSINEEN is from root HAA, SEEN and NOON. Concrete meaning of this root is symmetry. In nature things need to be balanced so that they work properly otherwise nature gets rid of them. So there is beauty in the nature because balanced things look nice and lasting. Nature favours balance that is how something is helped by something to develop and expand or progress and prosper. When people do things wrong way the balance is lost so things go bad and they keep going in that direction till things are done the right way and the right way is that which brings that balance back into its original state in which something is able to exit and prosper or grow. In a human society if people do not see the necessity for balance then society cannot work as it ought to work. This balance cannot be achieved unless divine will is headed through implementation of divine program for mankind. This needs a lot of effort in getting people to understand the program itself so that they can see for themselves how this whole idea will work.
59) However these people who harmed each other changed their commitment from what they were told to that which was opposite of that so overwhelmed them all sorts of harms and destructions by their own hands against which We warned them already, because they did things against Our program, constitution and law.
Word BADAL is from root BAA, DAAL and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is take one thing for another etc. Change or trade or barter or substitute etc etc.
Word RIJZ is from root RAA, JEEM and ZAA. Concrete meaning of this root is instability that results from some sort of weakness in something. Due to loss of something, something becomes unstable eg a community becomes unbalanced when it no longer has proper common goal or fails to go the same proper way to achieve its goal. Something loss of which takes something off the intended course that leads to goal so the thing wanders off. Loss of sense of purpose or knowing the way to it. When people leave aside the divine will and go their own ways, after a while things start getting bad and then become worse and worse etc etc
60) That was their situation when Moses sought to satisfy the needs of his people, We said, use your divine revelation to carve a community solid as a rock for this purpose. Thus sprung forth thereby an exemplary human community because each of its people became aware of the program, constitution and laws they were to abide by. We said to them, keep learning and benefiting from what Allah has granted you and help others do the same and do not conspire in the kingdom against Our mission so that you do not cause civil wars in the kingdom by way of creating divisions.
Word ISTASQAA is from root SEEN, QAAF and YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is to fulfil a lack or need of something eg to give water to plants etc to help them develop or grow. To quench or satisfy thirst or fulfil the need of something in some way for some purpose. Taking a people out of poverty of some sort which is harming or destroying a people is also fulfilling or satisfying the need of a people.
Word ASAA is from root AIN, SWAAD and WOW/YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is staff. A group of people working as a team with authority from the establishment. A stick is called a staff because it is a sign of power. The divine revelation is also staff because people derive their authority therefrom. When people go against divine writ they do so because they have power in the land eg rulers and priests. This is why they break limits set By God and do as they please. In that case word ITAAT is opposite of word ASOW. Word itaat if used in sense of consistency with divine constitution then word asow means inconsistency with divine constitution or going in opposite direction than the one required by constitution or law ie criminal or anti social mindset, attitude or behaviour.
Word AL-HAJAR is from root HAA, JEEM and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is structure or organisation of some sort. Organised stones are called structures made of stones eg houses or bridges etc. Organised people are called social structures or communities. Similarly organised objectives, rules and laws etc etc are called constitutions etc etc.
Word FAJARAT is from root FAA, JEEM and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is something that moves or changes eg night changes into morning. Water appears from a spring or gushes forth or runs etc. The change could be sudden or gradual, in case of sudden change the same root can be used for explosion etc etc.
Word ASNAA is from root SAA, NOON and YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is bend. To fold or bend something into a shape for some purpose. To put a people through a training program to help them to be as required for a set out task. Moulding people into shape through education and training. The same root is used for number two as in counting etc etc.
Word ASHRAH is from root AIN, SHEEN and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is a set of something eg numbers from zero to nine or a number of people who live interdependently in form of a community etc etc.
Word AIN is from root AIN, YAA and NOON. Concrete meaning of this root is centre of attention. Something from which gushes forth water because water is centre of attention. The eye is also called AIN because water gushes froth from it in form of tears and because it looks at anything one pleases to see. Centre of attention is also called AIN because as water is centre of attention for living beings so anything that pleases one becomes centre of one’s attention. The same root is used for spying because the person one spies on is centre of spy’s attention. The goal or target is also AIN because it is centre of attention of the one after it etc etc.
Word TASOW is from root AIN, SAA and WOW/YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is conspiracy. To make secret plans to cause troubles or to do something against the law.
61) And remember always never to repeat the history when dominant people among you disdainfully opposed Our guidance saying, O Moses, we have no tolerance for this program for unity that you are feeding us with so tell your God, He should leave us free from His program to deal with all that the earth offers from its bowels and its highlands and its lowlands and its surfaces and its seas. Moses said, will you trade worse way of living for the better one? Go live the way you want and find out the result of that for yourselves and that is how they ended up in state of humiliation and misery by going away from the blissful program of Allah. So happened to them all that they were warned against due to their opposition to mission of Allah and due to their campaign against the prophets without any proper justification. The reason all that happened to them was, they rebelled against the divine program, constitution and law and went on inflicting harm on each other.
Word TA’AAM is from root TWAA, AIN and MEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is food. An ideology or something to think over is a food for thought or a diet one is fed on. Livelihood or food people consume or things they use ie consumer goods etc etc.
Word ADU is from root DAAL, AIN and WOW/YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is support eg a pillar that supports a beam to keep the roof from falling on the floor. Something upon which one relies for help or support. Calling upon somebody or something is also DUAA because one needs them therefore by calling upon them draws their attention so that they fulfil his need by responding to his call for help. In the Quranic context calling upon God needs to be understood from God’s point of view. God has set up the universe systematically and runs processes according to set out laws that govern operation of the universe and all things in it. He has also given the revelation explaining how he has done or does things so expecting anything outside this set up is not the right way to go about things. The idea is that when a people face any problems they must turn to his revelation for finding solutions. It is because God does not talk to each and every person directly instead he chose some people as his messengers. Through study of things eg the universal realities and the divine revelation one will be inspired with solutions for the problems. So calling upon God means consulting the divine message. For example, if people want children, God tells people how they should go about it. If they want food they are told what they need to do. Nowhere the Quran tells people to sit idle and pray to God for things and things will drop from the heaven. Instead it tells people that whatever they need it is up to them to work for it. God has provided all people will ever need in this universe but they are told to organise as told and work together to be prosperous in all that humanity will ever need ie people must organise to plan and research and explore the universe and the revelation and produce and distribute things of their need so that no one is left unfulfilled. It is very important that humanity plans each and everything properly including its population so that it does not reproduce at the rate that it cannot cope with or take care of.
Word YUKHRIJ is from root KHAA, RAA and JEEM, Concrete meaning of this root is interface ie a place of exit and entrance. Boarders between countries from where people come into countries or go out of countries. Agreements that people enter and agreements that people abandon. Communities people enter or emerge from. Things people enter or go in to or things people leave or emerge from. Inclusion or exclusion or interaction between things or people etc etc.
Word TUMBIT is from root NOON, BAA and TAA. Concrete meaning of this root is produce. Growth eg plantation or crop or people or living things that are brought forth by the earth. Cultivation for growth or raising crop etc etc. Things that exist within the earth which it brings to surface in various ways eg by volcanic eruptions due to sliding earth plates or due to rain that causes water to run along the surface and in the channels within the earth that cause erosion of the earth surfaces etc. All materials that people use comes from the earth so in a way all these are products from the earth eg gold, silver, rubies and diamonds or pearls etc. Since various things are gotten from the earth from various places hence the mention of parts of the earth eg highlands or mountain ranges or plan surfaces or seas etc etc.
Word BAQAL is from root BAA, QAAF and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is inside of something. Seeds of a watermelon are inside it. Since this word is used for the earth therefore it means inside of the earth.
Word QISSAA’A is from root QAAF, SAA and ALIF. Concrete meaning of this root is something from which things rise as if shot out of it eg like an arrow is shot from the bow. Something that emits or ejects something. A place or situation that is volcanic or explosive. A mountain range or an area where there are mountains.
Word FOWM is from root FAA, WOW and MEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is lower eg class, caste, rank or area wise etc etc. Lowlands are lower in level when compared to surface levels. The earth is full of high and low areas or peaks and troughs or mountain tops and ditches etc etc.
Word ADAS is from root AIN, DAAL and SEEN. Concrete meaning of this root is surface. Since the Quran is talking about the earth so it means land area as compared to area of the earth under sea or an area that is covered under or by something as compared to the area that is free from such covering. For example, an area is covered by growth of vegetation as compare to desert or uncultivated land.
Word BASAL is from root BAA, SWAAD and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is something that is covered by something. In this case it is the part of the earth that is covered by water ie sea. Something that is submerged or under cover. An area of the earth covered by plantations or forests.
Word ADNAA is from root DAAL, NOON and WOW. Concrete meaning of this root is lower. Something that is lower in value in some way eg present as compared to future. Short sightedness as compared to long sightedness, the beginning as compared to the ending. The inherited world as compared to the world that one builds for oneself. This world as compared to the next or future world. Word DUNIYAA=world is from same root etc etc.
Words IHBITOO MISRA mean go build your own world or city ie try your own idea then see the outcome. When the Quran uses a place name, it is not necessarily a place in reality but an ideological place in one’s mind as it is said about somebody he is living in fairyland. An expression that sensible people use to talk about people who live in their own world full of bad ideas, so bad that if their ideas became a reality they will not work and cause problems. Similarly accuse rulers and priests the people of God that their ideas will not work, because those ideas will eliminate harm and destruction these peoples’ harmful and destructive mindsets, attitudes and behaviours create. Similar idea is expressed here by some people to Moses ie you leave the world to us and go get on with the religious stuff. But one cannot fool by such nonsense a man of God, who understands his message very well. The divine message is very clear that rule belongs to Allah alone and none is above the law. No masters and no slaves just family members working together to make ends meet.
Word ZILLAH is from root ZAAL, LAAM and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is lack of power. When a person has no purpose in life one has no courage or confidence to do anything. It is a state of depression that a person falls victim to. Due to depression one does not feel like doing anything so one loses will to live day by day and becomes weaker and weaker and if this situation does not stop then one ends up destroyed or commits suicide to end aimless life. The same root also has meaning of not using power despite having power instead giving due respect to others ie no arrogance or false pride and for robbing noses to provoke others to negative reaction.
This verse is very important in understanding the struggle between the divine messengers and the people who try and control masses by using split between secular and religious. The Quran is telling people that divine rule is the only rule of law that can deliver people from all sorts of troubles but only if they become educated and thinking people to see divine plan for them as well as what rulers in form of kings and priests are up to. How they twist divine scriptures to use them as tools to make fools of their masses. They try and make God and divine scriptures irrelevant by tricking people into blind faith in God then use the name of God to get people to do things they want them to do through baseless interpretations of the scriptures. This way indoctrinated people do all they do thinking they are doing a service to God. They become disconnected from reality so they fail to see results of their actions in form of harm and destruction of humanity.
62) Surely those who commit to working for peace be they those who claim to be guided by divine constitution (Jews), those who claim to be supporters of divine cause (Christians), those who claim to be working for change for the better in the world (Sabians) or for that matter any other people who strives for peace, progress and prosperity in accordance with the constitution and law of Allah for the better end result for mankind and take action to remove obstacles in the way of people to peace, progress and prosperity will have their due reward as told by their creator and sustainer. As a result of such actions they will not suffer anxiety or regrets.
63) Call to mind the time when We bound you by an agreement and for that purpose placed above you Our constitution as supreme for your peace, progress and prosperity saying, hold firmly on to what you are given and strive hard according to what is in it so that you could accomplish the set goal with help of each other.
Word RAFAA is from root RAA, FAA and AIM. Concrete meaning of this root is moving up the ladder. Rising above or gaining ground in some way or getting nearer to an objective or goal ideologically or in actual reality.
Word FOWQA is from root FAA, WOW and QAAF. Concrete meaning of this root is distant. Something that is beyond something or more powerful or further away or higher up in some way etc etc.
Word TOOR is from root TWAA, WOW and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is weight. Something that is of supreme importance. Something that can act as an anchor for something to keep it tied down in place by its weight or importance for a purpose. A way that is thought of as important for a purpose. A program or constitution or law etc etc. A mountain or an influential person who stands tall like a tower in his community or among a people etc etc. A way ,a level, a stage, a step or a rank etc etc.
Word QUWWAH is from root QAAF, WOW and YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is force. Something that is strong or powerful or solid in some way for some reason.
64) Yet again some of you went back to your old ways after that and had it not been for the guidance of Allah that He blessed you with, you all would have indeed suffered the loss and harm to such degree that you could never recover.
65) But you became alert in time about those of you who transgressed against divine constitution and created divisions in the community, so We guided you as you wanted and let them live as they wanted in ignorance and mischief like apes.
Word SABT is from root SEEN, BAA and TAA. Concrete meaning of this root is rest. Something that can give things peace and security ie divine program and constitution or law for people to abide by. It is very important that people realise that Quran is not a religious book and God never sent any religious book because religions were created by priests on behest of kings and rulers to derail divine message. So the Quran is actually anti religious and anti secularism because religion and secularism are two sides of the same coin ie neither can exist without the other. This is why religion and secularism can exist side by side but deen and secularism and religions are opposite of each other. So anyone who thinks the Quran is talking about Jewish SABBATH day is not right. In fact by understanding the message of the Quran Jews can see what the word SABBATH meant originally ie divine constitution that was given to Moses.
Word QIRADAH is from root QAAF, RAA and DAAL. Concrete meaning of this root is ignorance. Something that acts foolishly or without proper understanding of things and ends up causing troubles or harms and even destruction. The same root applies to monkeys because they are mischievous. The verse in no way means Jews were turned into monkeys because the Quran is free of claims that God makes things happen in supernatural way in this world. Instead it draws attention of people to see how things work on basis of cause and effect. All physical things happen in this world according to laws of physics because Allah has set up this whole system wherein all processes and mechanisms are controlled by laws that govern their operations. This is why Allah draws peoples’ attention to show them following his program will deliver similar results for mankind whatever their beliefs and that is obvious in the rest of universe as well ie all things are working according to divine set up. This is why fire will burn anything that is thrown in it including divine scriptures and good or bad people alike. It is because divine laws do not discriminate against anyone or anything, they work the same for all things and all people.
66) And We pointed them out as an example of harmful and destructive existence for their own time as well as for those who were to come after them and We also made them a lesson for those who would keep themselves consistent with rule of Allah for the benefit of humanity.
67) And that is why at the time Moses said to his people, Allah commands you to put an end to the way you live as a divided people. They said, how is that possible are you serious? He said, of course it is possible because I seek security for us through revelation of Allah lest I am of those who live their lives in ignorance.
Word AOOZU is from root AIN, WOW and ZAAL. Concrete meaning of this root is safety gear ie something that is used for protection against some sort of attack or harm or problem. Armour or shield. In the Quranic context divine revelation is protection against problems of life. It is a program for mankind to follow by organising as a community and working together as a team for meeting all needs and wants of humanity by exploring the universe to the fullest possible. Any community when it is divided on basis of state and religion ie politically and religiously is bound to be divided economically as well, therefore strife between those who have and those who have not is bound to take place. Rulers divide people politically for various wrong reasons to take undue advantage of masses, so they use religion to control their people mentally through doctored make beliefs to indoctrinate masses and that leads to oppression, suppression, injustice, unfairness, cruelty, animosity, stagnation, regression and poverty of all sorts. So Moses tells people to end their divide based on wrong ideas so that unity based upon divine program, constitution and laws brings peace, progress and prosperity.
Word JAHILEEN is from root JEEM, HAA and LAAM, Concrete meaning of this root is lacking experience in reasoning. A person who is irrational or lacks information about something or is unable to reason things properly due to lack of experience. Uncivilised or uncultivated or uneducated or illiterate etc. A person more emotional than rational ie a person whose mind is controlled by his emotions rather than his brain controlling his emotions. This is why such people are easily fooled or black mailed by clever conjurers and tricksters etc, which ruling and priestly classes are.
68) They said, then consult the guidance of your sustainer on our behalf to make it clear for us as to what is wrong with our way of living? He said, it says, it is such a way that sets no proper goal for you to achieve so it is not fit for progress and prosperity instead it is an obstacle in the way of it, so do as you are told so that you make progress and prosper.
Word FAARID is from root FAA, RAA and DWAD. Concrete meaning of this root is incise or mark on the stone. Set a goal or direction or guideline to follow. Make participation obligatory towards some goal or target or purpose. Something that is old eg a custom or tradition or a thing etc. Something that does not change with time eg a value or a goal.
Word BIKR is from root BAA, KAAF and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is something that changes with time and brings new opportunities. Something that is not traditional or old but sets new trends ie progressive or keep evolving or developing or growing with time. Young age wise or virgin or inexperienced etc.
Word AWAAN is from root AIN, WOW and NOON. Concrete meaning of this root is something that is in between two points or things in some sense for some purpose. Something that acts as a support or obstacle in a mechanism.
69) They said, consult further the program of your sustainer on our behalf to make plain for us what exactly is wrong with the way we live by. He said, it says, your way of living based on make beliefs and baseless rituals is void of any good outcome though it looks attractive to those who have their ambition hooked on it in form of expectations about it.
Word LOWNA is from root LAA, WOW and NOON. Concrete meaning of this root is characteristic. The description of something for some purpose eg how something is or conducts itself or lives, whether a beneficial life or harmful. Has some useful purpose or is useless. Same root is therefore used for description of something colour wise.
Word SAFRAA’OO is from root SWAD, FAA and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is an empty vessel that makes noise. Something that has no benefit but is found to be attractive eg religion, its dogmatic and unreasonable beliefs though have no benefit for mankind yet people find its prescribed rituals very attractive because that is how they are presented by those who benefit from such things eg rulers and their priests etc. They play their parts to fool the masses.
Word FAAQIUN is from root FAA, QAAF and AIN. Concrete meaning of this root is noisy. Something that explodes or draws attention by excessive brightness or noise etc. A hoax or something that is like an empty vessel that makes noise but has nothing in it.
Word SIRR is from root SEEN, RAA and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is mystery. Secrecy or innermost part of something. Attraction or happiness, delight, pleasure. The very centre of something or very bottom of something etc etc.
This verse makes clear that religious beliefs and rituals have no benefits for masses but those who have put these things in place they have purpose in doing this so they have lots of expectations from this arrangement of things eg rulers, priests and money lenders etc.
70) They said, consult the guidance of your sustainer yet further on our behalf seeking more clarification for us about it because to us the ending of this division is doubtful. However if Allah has decided to unite us through His program then we will indeed achieve the target.
Words IN SHAA ALLAH simply mean If IT IS WILL/PLAN or PROGRAM OF ALLAH. It does not mean that if people want to do something they cannot because Allah will not let them do that. It is about program of Allah as an advice for people to follow it but if they decide to go their own way Allah will not stop them by force because he has given them freedom to choose to act as they wish. People who follow divine guidance say in shaa allah to show the possibility that if their understanding of the divine will is same as Allah meant for it then results their actions will be as stated in the divine book, because a goal can only be accomplished if it is understood properly and acted upon properly. If one fails to understand it properly or fails to act on it properly then it is not fault of God but man himself.
71) He said, it says, it is a division that has come about due to people lacking concern for each other that provides the ground for unity so there was no proper nurturing of the relationships between them. That is an obvious fact, there is nothing else in it to explain. They said, now you have made clear to us the real cause of the problems. That is how they ended divisions between themselves though they appeared hesitant to do so.
Word ZALOOL is from root ZAAL, LAAM and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is soft eg ground becomes soft after tilling. A person becomes wise and kind or civilised through learning and training or cultivation. A cultivated or trained or experienced person becomes better at handling situations or in doing things. Ignorance, arrogance, lack of interest in education leads to all sorts of problems.
Word TUSEERU is from root SAA, WOW and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is tilling ie preparing ground for sowing seeds. Unless a ground is prepared properly one will not get the yield as good as one can. A people who are not properly prepared for solving problems of their lives will not be able to live a life as good as they can. So for a people to be of benefit to each other, they have to become useful people or things will not work out between them and all this needs training and nurturing by community through hard work.
Word HARS is from root HAA, RAA and SAA. Concrete meaning of this root is piece of land that is prepared for farming. A nation is also like a farmland wherein individuals are cultivated, nurtured or prepared for fighting battles of life so that they have all they need for living a useful life and prepare future generations to do the same.
72) So remember always that whenever you lost sense of being a single nation due to neglecting sense of purpose of divine revelation and fell in dispute about it through make beliefs, by His word Allah always got you out of that harmful and destructive situation in which you wrapped up yourselves provided you returned to His word for gaining proper sense of it.
Word ADDAARAA’A is from root DAAL, RAA and ALIF. Concrete meaning of this root is turn away eg an arrow turns away from the target itself or is caused to move away from hitting its target. In the Quranic context it is always the case that people who claim to have divine revelation move away from the real sense of divine message by way of invented make beliefs based upon harmful and destructive ambitions and desires which then become normal mindset, attitude and behaviour of later generations because they take them as fact without critically evaluating them themselves because they are passed on to them as ancestral way of life. The Quran wants each and every person to learn sense and use it to see what is right and why and what is wrong and why. It condemns blind following of anyone be one a true messenger of God or be it divine revelation itself. All because blind following is dangerous and always leads to harm or even destruction.
All divisions among mankind are based on blind following not just religious ideas but political ideas as well. People do not question things as to where they might lead them as the end result. It is because of this mindset, attitude and behaviour of people that world is in the state that it is. If people learned to look at full picture or whole plan that they follow blindly a bit critically, they will come to know where it is all going to land them. People have been moving away from divine advice every now and then and inventing their own ways live their lives instead of paying attention to what they were advised by their creator and provider of all things for their needs. Just as make beliefs and baseless rituals have no benefits for community nor do political and economic systems that people come up with because of rivalries they are based upon. Quran is therefore anti imperialism be it in the name of God, state, people or wealth. The only imperialism the Quran stands for is rule of law by God himself for the benefit of whole of mankind. This is why the Quran is anti rivalry but pro brotherhood of humanity. It is killing of this brotherhood the verse is talking about. Once you kill brotherhood by killing the community spirit through negative competition among mankind, you simply have put humanity on course of aimless life which leads to self destruction through needless excessive pressure of rivalries that increase with time unless people see sense in time.
73) That is why, We said to Moses, teach some of that to your people, that is how Allah brings to life the dead nations that end up weak due to their sectarianism over make beliefs, so that He shows you His revelations in action so that you may become a sensible people.
74) Thereafter your minds turned yet again from that very revealed program, constitution and law to make beliefs as if they could make any real difference in your lives for the better or even more important. For sure they are not the kind of goals and guidelines due to which could burst forth rivers of knowledge, nor are they such due to which could bursts forth progress and prosperity. Rather due to them you remain aloof from serving the constitution of Allah properly whereas Allah despite your this behaviour does not neglect any of that which you need to do.
Word QASAT is from root QAAF, SEEN and WOW/YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is something that changes gradually from something to something opposite eg kindness to cruelty, softness to hardness, rigtt to wrong etc. In the Quranic context it means people changing from being a people guided by divine light into people going after their harmful and destructive ambitions and desires. As people wish to go after their desires, they want to move divine advice for brotherhood out of their way so that they could then try and take advantage of each other through rivalries and so could use and abuse each other. This is how the way of God becomes replaced by manmade ways of life and the humanity ends up in hell of its own making.
Word YASHSHAQQAQA is from root SHEEN, QAAF and QAAF. Concrete meaning of this root is open up fully as if explosively or suddenly or at once. Something that suddenly tears apart. Something from which something bursts forth all of a sudden or quickly.
75) Do you the people committed to working for peace still hope that all these people who claim to abide by the divine constitution will commit to working for peace along with you when some of them have already heard the message of Allah yet let it be perverted and subverted from its purpose despite being intelligent and having ability to understand it?
Word AFATATMAOONA is from root TWAA, MEEM and AIN. Concrete meaning of this root is craving. Have desire, hope or expectation for something to happen.
Word YUHARRIFOONA is from root HAA, RAA and FAA. Concrete meaning of this root is diversion. To pervert something from its course or prevent an arrow from hitting its target. Subvert an idea or word, or thing or action from its purpose.
This verse leaves people in no doubt how people replace the concepts of divine message with their own ideas for turning DEEN=way of Allah for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind in to MAZHAB=dogmatic creed for blind faith and rituals that harm and destroy humanity through ignorance, arrogance and stubbornness. This verse does not mean people changed what was originally in divine scriptures in form of text but that they used other ways of doing that ie they changed their concepts by way of false interpretations and also they invented other books along with divine scriptures and gradually lead people away from actual divine books by giving more importance to their self created books.
76) When such people meet those who claim to be committed to working for peace they say, we too are committed to working for peace but when they meet each other in private they say to each other, why do you tell them what Allah has revealed to you in case they bring thereby a proof against you about your sustainer, can you not use your brain to realise this?
Word TUHADDISOON is from root HAA, DAAL and SAA. Concrete meaning of this root is an event. Something new in comparison to old or traditional. A report or a news report about an event. A narration etc etc.
Word HAAJJOO is from root HAA, JEEM and JEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is proof. An argument which uses evidences logically to prove a claim. In the Quranic context, it means proving a point of community importance in a institution of nation eg local, provincial or nationwide assembly or SHOORA. HAJJ is a gathering of nationwide importance for people to review and decide matters concerning UMMAH or Muslim nation and humanity at large ie it is an opportunity for UMMAH to set agenda at least till the next gathering.
77) But is it not obvious to them that Allah makes evident in due course whatever their motives they do not declare and whatever their motives they declare as their agendas by way of their own actions?
Word YUSIRROONA is from root SEEN, RAA and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is under cover. Hidden agenda or motives. State of happiness etc etc.
Word YULINOON is from root AIN, LAAM and NOON. Concrete meaning of this root is declaration eg of agenda or motives or policy or course of action etc etc. Something that is made obvious an idea, word or deed etc.
78) Among them there are illiterate and uneducated people who have not even enabled themselves to read and understand their divine constitution for themselves instead they follow whatever they are told by their rulers so they live by their baseless assumptions about the divine constitution.
Word UMMIYOON is from root ALIF, MEEM and MEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is mother ie something from which something originates or something upon which something depends for its existence and development eg for a child his mother or for a person his community, nation or ummah and for a people their leadership etc. People who remain as they are born ie ignorant, illiterate, uneducated, uncultivated or uncivilised are also called UMMI. People who live in a large city are also called UMMI. It is because he who is not worldly wise can never be constitutionally wise either. This is why ignorant people are fooled by clever people like a child is by an adult. Before one could realise importance of knowing divine message one has to realise importance of knowing world and life in it. Only then one may realise the need for divine writ.
Word AMAANIYA is from root MEEM, NOON and WOW/YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is eject something from within eg an idea or thing. Think something out from within brain and spread it out ie an idea or create something within body and push it out eg sperm etc. Express a desire etc etc.
Word YAZUNNOON is from root ZWAA, NOON and NOON. Concrete meaning of this root is guess eg assume something with or without any basis or purpose. Conjecture, doubt, suspicion etc. Meaning of this root depend upon contexts it is used in.
This verse makes it very clear how people who have been given the divine book as a manifesto, constitution and law turn it into a religious holy book for ritualism and thereby derail the divine mission leading mankind from light of knowledge into depths of darkness of ignorance. This happens because people do not use their God given brains and sense. Leaders come up with harmful and destructive ideas in the name of God and humanity and followers follow them blindly not questioning their goals or guidelines or motives behind them and so all end up in all sorts of troubles over a period of time blaming each other without looking at wider picture. Communities thus end up in hell of their own making because rifts between people lead to civil wars and so communities end up destroyed by their own doings.
79) And how harmful and destructive of those who write make belief interpretations of their divine manifesto and constitution with their own hands and then say to the uneducated, this is the law from Allah so that they may trade it for a petty advantage for themselves over others! How harmful and destructive is doing that for themselves which their hands have written and how damaging and destructive it is for them as a community what they have earned thereby.
Word WAYAL is from root WOW, YAA and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is express of dislike or sorrow. In the Quranic context Allah uses it to express sorry state people get into despite being advised by Allah to not to go down that road. When a people leave the proper way of life that unites them and take any other road because leaders see their advantage in that over their followers then that creates division and rivalries in the community and after some time rivalries turn to hatred due to infliction of harm and destruction upon each other and hatred turns people into animosities and then civil wars. That is how brotherhood breaks down and animosities set in and people of same family become worst enemies of each other. Once people go down wrong road, it is very difficult to make a return unless somehow people realise their mistakes in time. Had people looked at the end result of their wrong journey before they started they would not have taken that road at all. But mankind take actions first and then think when results of their actions force them to rethink their position after reaching the dead end. All who take wrong actions assume things will be ok after they have done what they want to do ie others against whom they are doing things will accept it and move on. However, there this very assumption ruins the whole community when others react and instead it turns into a chain of unending tit for tat reprisals. Something for which people can never be fully prepared because no people can be sure how others will react or how things will end up. So it is a good advice that people think through thoroughly the whole plan before they implement it. The safest way is to always go by divine guidance this way whatever you are going to do will be for the good of human community as a whole so all will join in and help instead of fighting.
80) Yet they dare saying, the pain and suffering that results from that due to fire of hatred between themselves as a people will not last for more than a limited number of days. Ask them, have you obtained such an assurance from Allah which He would not let fail or do you attribute to Allah what you ignorant folk realise not?
Word TAMASS is from root MEEM, SEEN and SEEN. Concrete meaning of this root is to have something within one’s reach or zone of power or be able to get it or get to it. Something that is within one’s reach or one can touch it or achieve it or accomplish it or establish it. Be in certain state of mind or be in a certain place or position. Be in a certain situation or be in certain set of circumstances etc etc. Come to know something for its origin, how it works or its purpose. This root needs to be understood in context of its use.
Word MAADOODAH is from root AIN, DAAL and DAAL. Concrete meaning of this root is weight. The importance of something is talked about by numbers or values or sense of purpose etc. A number has a place value but things have weight and occupy space and serve some purpose for their users.
81) Of course! Any people who commit to working against the divine program, constitution and law thereby become encircled by troubling events such are the ones who end up in fire of hatred of their own creation wherein they remain unless they change.
Word SAIYE’A is from root SEEN, WOW and ALIF. Concrete meaning of this root is in a system knocking something out of its proper place thereby causing imbalance in the system due to which it no longer can function as it should in order to fulfil its purpose. Human community is a divine system based thing and anyone does anything to it in a way that is not right for it then it stops functioning as it should. However, if the system is repaired then it starts functioning properly again or the functioning of it is restored. This is why the Quran uses this root against root HAA, SEEN and NOON. That means beauty or symmetry. Action taken to restore beauty or balance after the system is harmed is called HASNAH.
82) But as for those who commit to working for peace therefore take actions to remove obstacles in the way of peace between mankind, they are the ones who will end up in blissful life and therein they will remain unless they change their course of actions.
83) And call to mind the time when We bound children of Israel through an agreement to Our manifesto, constitution and guidelines for law saying, promise that you will never live by rule of any other than Allah because that is the only way you can properly function as the management and the managed community by way of closer relationships as individuals for the stability of inhabitants through expressing usefulness for the other people thereby establishing the supportive community network in order to remove all ills from the community. But you breached the agreement save a minority of you thus you ended up sliding downhill for not paying attention to Our advice.
Word WAALIDAIN is from root WOW, LAAM and DAAL. Concrete meaning of this root is dependant. In general this root is used for biological parent or child and in sense of community it is used for any elder or child of anyone not necessarily for biologically closely related people eg father or son or mother etc. In the Quranic context such words are also used for a different purpose and that is in context of divine program and constitutional relationships. The administration of an Islamic society is like a parent and the public is like its children. That is what word UMMAH is all about ie community is mother of its people and its administration is its father like. All because if this relationship is not secure then no matter what a biological father or mother is trapped and cannot survive or properly look after its off spring. For individuals to feel secure their community has to be there for them or humanity will not be even there to regret it. This is why a community in Quranic context is of such importance. The Quran clarifies such important points to raise awareness in individuals so that they become better members of their communities and over all of human community as a whole. Harming and destroying community spirit and thinking one will be ok is utter nonsense. The Quran sets a proper framework for a proper human community formation because if such community comes about then all its individual will be fine. It is because such a community will ensure its individuals are in peace, progressing and are prosperous and because of such benefits individuals will also ensure that such a community continues in its existence so that they could continue living a great life. For this reason one generation ought to bequeath better world for the next generation. That is what generation of Abraham did ie they each left this world by telling their next generations remain on guard for abiding by divine program.
Word YATAAMAA is from root YAA, TAA and MEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is an individual who has none to rely upon and upon whom there is none to rely ie an isolated individual on his own. Some one who has no parent or parents ie an orphan. The Quran advises a society wherein there are no isolated individuals living alone in isolation. The Quran is not anti individualism but only to the degree that it is beneficial for the individuals and the community. Community is not set against individuals and individuals are not set against community. It is a program that leads to harmony because the part complements the whole instead of being in conflict with the whole and the whole ensures individual parts have all they need to prosper.
Word MURIDOON is from root AIN, RAA and DWAD. Concrete meaning of this root is width. A wide gap or gulf or distance between the position required of someone and the position one holds or end up at eg by backsliding etc.
84) And remember the obligation We bound you with that you shed no blood among yourselves and you expel not your own people from your homes and you agreed to not to do that yet there you are witnesses against that even today.
Word TUSFIKOON is from root SEEN, FAA and KAAF. Concrete meaning of this root is flow ie cause something to flow eg blood or tears etc. To shed eg tears or blood etc.
85) Because you killed your own people, expelled a group from among you from their homes, backed each other up on doing things against Our program and constitution by way of aggression against each other thereby you undermined the weaker section of the community and if they came to you as captives then you traded them for ransoms whereas even their expulsion was unlawful for you to begin with. Are you a community of such a people that follows only a part of your holy constitution and reject the rest? So what other consequences do such people from among you who behave like this deserve other than disgraceful life in this present state of the world through internal disputes and divisions leading to a day of uprising later whereby they are handed over to yet more painful suffering as a result of your own actions? Yet Allah does not neglect what you need to do and continues to advise you.
Word DIYAAR is from root DAAL, WOW and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is circle ie a place or a point to which one keeps returning or making rounds or references. A zone or a house etc. A point or an idea or belief upon which one dwells or rests one’s case or relies upon etc.
Word TAZAAHAROON is from root ZWAA, HAA and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is back eg back up someone or support. Turn one’s back on some one. To carry one along on the back. Something that is obvious or in the open or evident etc etc.
Word ISM is from root ALIF, SAA and MEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is frustration. To tire out some one by frustrating his efforts to move on for his goal eg through rivalries rich people in a society try to undercut and undermine the poorer people among them to squeeze the life out of them. A community set up this way is a criminal community in light of the Quranic society. It is because to undermine or frustrate anyone from getting his way for the benefit of himself and others is a crime in Quranic way of life.
Word USAARAA is from root ALIF, SEEN and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is hold eg hold onto something or hold something down. Capture or hold in bondage etc etc.
Word TUFAADOO is from root FAA, DAAL and YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is compensation or ransom or redemption. Trade one thing for another eg captive for money.
Word HARAAM is from root HAA, RAA and MEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is limitation or boundary etc. Something under protection of something from something or something that protects something from something etc. For example, MASJIDIL HARAAM means divine kingdom or territory under divine jurisdiction or rule etc. Or an institution within that territory that works according to divine constitution to fulfil needs of its people. The same root is used to show restriction on harmful and destructive ambitions and desires or mindset, attitude and behaviour. In Islamic law anything that is not allowed is declared HARAAM ie unlawful and anything that is allowed is called HALAAL ie lawful. Unless there are grounds for anything to be unlawful, it is lawful.
Word JAZAA’OO is from root JEEM, ZAA and YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is consequences of doing something eg result of an action or effect of a cause or wage for work or reward for an effort etc etc.
Word KHIZYUN is from root KHAA, ZAA and WOW/YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is undermine or compel or self control etc etc.
This verse lays down a foundation as to how the divine system is set up to work. If a people do not accept peaceful, progressive and prosperous life for whole of community as a goal according to the terms and conditions set out in the divine manifesto and constitution then people are bound to go their own ways and when they will do that then that will cause divisions based on rivalries between individuals and groups and the interaction between them will result in loss of dignified living in masses and power will move into hands of a few on the top and time will come when masses will rise up and do to rulers what they did to their masses.
The Quran here sets forth the idea of collective painful suffering of a community that is so divided and its people are enemies of each other to such degree. This way when people throw out unjust and unfair laws that rulers use for controlling their masses uprisings will result that will re-establish community relationships that lead humanity to a bit better world than it was unless the community implements Islamic way of life and gets rid of all harmful and destructive elements by way of education. So it is better if people get rid of rivalry based systems of governments and institutions and such mindset, attitude and behaviour. The Quran here also makes clear that painful suffering of human community will continue till the day divine rule becomes fully operational. When will that happen? That depends on how quickly people can bring it about. YAWMAL QIYAAMA is a special period of time when humanity will really live by rule of Allah. In a way that is the time when Islam as a way of life will become fully resurrected or restored in the world since after the time of the final messenger.
Last edited by Mughal
on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:45 am, edited 24 times in total.
- Posts: 385
- Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:45 am
- Location: Islamabad & Glasgow
Welcome back Mughal. Good to hear from you again.
"It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value." - Arthur C. Clarke
- Posts: 3289
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:24 am
- Location: Blighty
Quran already translated by many different Islamic scholar in many countries from arabic .
Why people must believe their translation wrong and your translation is the right one ? What if many muslims can't accept your translation
If quran can be translated differently , I don't think quran is perfect book , and Why Allah allow human to change his precious book ?
Do you think Allah shouldn't use arabic ? Or may be Allah didn't know the best way to convey his message to all man kind ? Or Allah is only god of arab ?
If someone believe commit crime in the name of god is divine act , then he not far from becoming a terrorist
- Posts: 200
- Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:05 pm
86) Such are the people who trade the life they have at present at the expense of life that is yet to come. So their self inflicted painful suffering will neither be lightened nor will they be helped unless they repent from their ways and reform themselves according to divine advice.
87) That is why to educate you people out of your ignorance We gave Moses the manifesto, the constitution and the law and sent after him other messengers one after the other and We set out for Jesus son of Mary clear objectives to achieve that is how We supported him with a complete program. Yet is it not the case that each time there came to you a messenger with a message that suited not your harmful and destructive ambitions and desires that you turned more arrogant and transgressed even more and due to that your chiefs denied some of them their right to be heard and against others you argued senselessly?
Word ROOH is from root RAA, WOW and HAA. Concrete meaning of this root is motivational element or something that inspires or moves something into action for some reason or purpose eg driving force, something that brings something to life or gives life to something for some reason or purpose ie the divine revelation that gives life to mankind by helping man understand his origin, his place in the universe and his purpose for being here so that with this sense of purpose man moves to accomplish the stated goal and thereby establishes himself.
Word TAHWAA is from root HAA, WAA and YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is desire or ambition or fancy. In the Quranic context this root means following the way of life one chooses rather than the way of life advised by Allah.
88) Yet they complained, our minds are overwhelmed with problems. Of course! Because they moved away from His blessed manifesto, constitution and law so Allah let them remain away from His blissful program due to their opposition to it save a small minority of them that remained committed to working for peace and prosperity.
Word LAANA is from root LAAM, AIN and NOON. Concrete meaning of this root is move away eg from the program of Allah that tells people how to be peaceful, progressive and prosperous. Once a people give up proper way of living then they fail to make progress so they do not prosper and due to all sorts of problems go down the ditch of hell of their own making. Peace cannot come about without people making a lot of effort sensibly so that things which stand as obstacle in the way of peace are removed. If people oppose those who talk sense and not even let them speak up then how can there come about any good for them? These verses also show how concerned Allah was for the good of mankind because despite their stupidity and arrogance he kept the door for their guidance opened so that they come to their senses.
89) However yet again there has come to them another manifesto, constitution and guidance for law from Allah confirming the very program they already have – and before coming of this message they used to desire supremacy over those who opposed the constitution of Allah giving them another opportunity to prove themselves - yet when there came to them like of that with which they were familiar already, they opposed it without even studying it for becoming familiar with it, therefore such people move themselves away from blessings of Allah because they oppose installation of His rule through His constitution.
Word ARAFOO is from root AIN,RAA and FAA. Concrete meaning of this root is familiarity ie to be able to recognise something. In case of divine messages and messengers that were yet to come, people were already introduced by their own messengers and messages and due to being alike in characteristics one could not fail in recognising them, provided one had a good look at the message and the messenger. If one did not study his own divine book and the messenger that brought it then he could not recognise any new message or messenger either. Divinity is based upon divine information that is revealed through divine agents and if people have no real sense of these things then they cannot know much about life as to its important aspects. So humanity cannot have peaceful, progressive and prosperous life it has been created for. The divine message was always there but whether any people raised themselves in knowledge above animal kingdom so that they could see the need for such message and therefore look for it is another matter. That is because if you do not see the need for something then you do not bother looking for it either. In fact if you do not see the need for something then you do not see it even if it lying right in front of you. However if you are in need of something you will go to any length to get it eg if you need a needle and you know it is lying in the haystack then you will make all effort you can to try and get it and you will get it. So it is all a matter of your mindset, attitude and behaviour towards understanding things. Some people love learning about things and others do not. This is why some are people but others are simply animals in human form. So long as most people are more like other animals and less like humans in their knowledge, the world will remain more like a jungle or rather hell than a paradise. If people want to change it for the better then knowledge is the key.
90) Debasement is the result for the program they have sold to their own people to follow instead of Our program that is basis for a dignified life for mankind because of their ignorance and arrogance based opposition to that which Allah has revealed merely because of their prejudicial mindset, attitude and behaviour that Allah should reveal His program to whoever sees the need of it from amongst His human creatures. That is how they brought upon their own people suffering upon suffering because for such as oppose program of Allah there is always ending up in disgraceful suffering unless they accept His program and follow it faithfully.
Word BISA is from root BAA, ALIF and SEEN. Concrete meaning of this root is sinking. Going down or falling below the set standard or surface. This verse leaves people in no doubt that Allah has set a standard and shown the way for meeting it and if one does not follow that standard or that program that goes with it then one should be in no doubt that one is on a sinking ship and it is only a matter of time before one sinks with it or jumps to land on the solid ground. The verse also makes it clear that Allah only reveals his program to those who see the need for it and look for it and get it and study it and use it for their own betterment and for the betterment of others. People not bothered with divinity or divine program remain as they are, Allah does not force his program on anyone. However, consequences are made clear in either case so it is up to people to take it or leave it on that basis ie if you want dignified life, you cannot afford to be without it and if you want to keep on suffering by ignoring it and making mistakes then that too is fine.
Word MUHEEN is from root MEEM, HAA and NOON. Concrete meaning of this root is weakness. AZAABUM MUHEEN is a state of existence that is full of frustration because the ways people take to live their lives take them to dead ends and are full of obstacles along the way. So all the ways of life people take other than the one pointed out in divine scriptures land people in troubles and frustrations.
91) Because of their such mindset, attitude and behaviour that they have when they are invited to commit to working for peace on the basis of proper understanding of that which Allah has now revealed they reply, we will strive for peace only on basis of what Allah has revealed to us as we understand it and we oppose whatever we take to be against that. But the fact is the currently revealed truth confirms what they have if they interpreted it properly but they are not bothered to find out. In that case ask them, if you have interpreted the divine truth properly and you are sincerely committed to striving for peace on that basis then why do you not join us and why did you argue against the cases of messengers of Allah before who came from among yourselves?
This verse hits the nail right on its head. It tells us about the confusion that the rulers and priests create in heads of their own people using the divine scriptures themselves as basis for the justification of their rule and its priesthood etc. One has to ask oneself, how can two people who have the very same message in two or more scriptures differ with each other so much that they are willing to go to wars with each other? It is because the parties interpret their scriptures differently. One takes it as a divine manifesto, constitution and law book and the other as a holy book of a religion for ritualism. They both want peace but each according to his own interpretation of the scriptures. One people think that by sitting in a place and carrying out a lot of ritualistic duties for pleasing God and then praying to God will make people peaceful and the other thinks that all this religious business is nothing more than a nonsense set up by rulers and their priests to make fool of their own people. So if people want peaceful, progressive and prosperous world then they must understand divine program and work according to it to achieve this end. Since people with doctored indoctrination cannot think for themselves therefore all sides are stuck with their points of views ie whatever they take for divine message. Unless people start thinking for themselves this deadlock cannot be broken. This verse also explains why people leave religions when they become a bit worldly wise. It is because they can see that religious concepts are based upon self created dogmas that do not stand to reason. Not only that but the idea of blind faith and ritualism does not sit in well with minds that crave for freedom from their rulers and priests who use and abuse them in the name of God by making fool of them and they become aware of the fact they have been had ie made monkeys out of humans. The damage to humanity that rulers and priests cause is lasting because as they say once bitten twice shy. A person who becomes aware of use and abuse by rulers and priests does not study scriptures himself and that is a huge loss because if you leave scriptures altogether than you lose any basis you could have for unity of mankind that is absolutely necessary for real peace, real progress and real prosperity. That is because so long as people keep alive rivalries, they will waste all their manpower and resources fighting each other trying to undermine each other rather than unite and cooperate in doing what they really need to do in order to make real progress and be really prosperous. In short people must leave wrong interpretations of scriptures because they will destroy them and that they must come up with correct interpretations of the scriptures that ensure their survival with dignity. That is what this verse is explaining in it. It is this very divide that set people against their own divine messengers from among themselves with similar message. So the Jewish and Christian stand against the final divine messenger from Arabia is not a surprise at all.
92) For sure Moses came to you with clearly set out objectives for you to achieve yet you committed yourselves to your own harmful and destructive ambitions and desires after him that is how you ended up harming and destroying your own people.
93) And remind them also that We asked you the nation at the time to enter an agreement with Us and charged you with responsibility by imposing upon you Our constitution saying, hold onto to what We give you firmly and stick with this program faithfully. So let them also know what their response was, the chiefs and priests responded ignorantly and arrogantly to Our message saying, we hear the message but we disregard its interpretation. They did that because in their minds they were saturated with make beliefs due to harmful and destructive ambitions and desires because of their misinterpretation of Our guidance and its misrepresentation. Say, a tool for sinking is the standard whereby you rule and try to create peace if you are at all striving for peace.
In this verse it is made clear that just because one has divine revelation in his hand it is not enough to create peace rather its proper understanding is key to creating peace between mankind. If one accepts revelation but refuses to accept its proper interpretation then one does not stand in the right place in light of wisdom the Quran stand upon. It also shows what the real dispute was between the divine messengers and the people. It was people taking deen as a religion instead of a divine program for human peace, progress and prosperity. So even though such people declare acceptance of divine message but by false interpretations and doing things other than what is required of them they deny the message by their actions or deeds. So this verse tells us that people must confirm their commitment to divine mission not only verbally but by works as well otherwise their works will expose their true motives by their results and this will prove them liars and therefore untrustworthy. It is as if one is saying loudly, I under take to do something but in his mind he is says, I am not going to do it. It is just a matter of paying lip service to divine mission.
94) Say, the way you claim if Allah has destined you people only for the better life in the end to the exclusion of all the rest of mankind in the world then you ought to be dying to get there if your claim was really true.
This verse explains the problem of the people who allegedly were followers of TAURAH, the book that was given to Moses. They replaced deen with religion ie make beliefs and divided their community into various groups on basis of creeds, socio-political and economic set up. Once a community becomes divided along these lines it becomes stuck in culture of stagnation and regression and fail in every way and can never get out of this situation unless it gives up these beliefs and divisions based upon them. It’s all manpower and resources become wasted due to internal power struggles and it loses wider awareness and focus on outside itself. So there is no chance for such a people to achieve a better life unless they give up those ideas that hold them back from peaceful, progressive and prosperous life. So it is an empty claim to think or say for a people that we will one day be a great nation having a great life when they are involved in all sorts of things that ruin people. Divisions in communities are caused by short sighted people looking for immediate gains at the expense of all others but they are carried on for generations because they become accustomed to what they inherit from their ancestry not using their own critical faculty to detect what is wrong to put things right. This is why religion with its dogmatic beliefs and related rituals is taken as truly divine by later generations once invented by their ancestors. Such people are challenged in this verse to use their brains to see the contradiction or conflict between their claim and reality on the ground in sense of their mindset, attitude and behaviour about each other.
95) But they will never be able to get that because of what they have done to their manifesto, constitution and law from Allah unless they reform. That is how Allah makes obvious the mindset, the attitude and the behaviour of those people who contravene His set out roadmap.
Word QADDAMAT is from root QAAF, DAAL and MEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is lead. A certain position, step or action taken for some purpose. A foot or foothold etc. Move forward or advance or go ahead of or be a leader etc. Send forward or ahead in advance etc etc.
Once a people set up their community in a certain direction on a certain course of actions then it is very difficult to make it do a u turn particularly after generations unless the community reaches the dead end and must change its course or die. So once divine program was replaced by chiefs’ own agendas then it could not be stopped unless chiefs and their followers ended up utterly humiliated or admitted their criminal intent to their people. So the system once set up and initiated becomes self sustaining till it grinds to a halt. So a nation must not choose its leaders who are only interested in their own person because such people are short sighted therefore narrow minded and can only focus upon their personal interests.
96) You will find the chiefs and the priests among them the greediest and most selfish of all the people for the good things the life has to offer at the exclusion of all others, even more greedier and selfish than the chiefs of those who live by rules of laws of other than the constitution of Allah, each of them wishes to be given a life of many, many years but even the grant of such a long life can save them not from the painful suffering they have to go through because Allah makes evident for all to see what they are up to by way of their own doings.
Word AHRASA is from root HAA, RAA and SWAD. Concrete meaning of this root is to want something very much. Desire something very much or show greed for it. The Quran does not stop people from greed but from undue greed that ends up in some people getting things at the expense of others. An undue gain by taking away rights of others. This is the whole purpose of powerful people in replacing deen with religions so that they could avoid divine restrictions that ensure rights for all.
97) Say, O mankind, regardless of whichever people choose to distance themselves from the solid authority of Allah, He has revealed it in the very heart of you the mankind as a manifesto, constitution and law of Allah for the good of the mankind that confirms that which was revealed before for the guidance to good life for those who would commit to working for peace among the mankind.
Word JIBREELA is from root JEEM, BAA, RAA and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is divine force ie a message that is revealed by God to inspire mankind into action for a set goal according to set guidelines. It also means spirit of truth ie a driving force behind the truth ie divine revelation. This word also seems to be a combination of two words in Hebrew language ie GBR and EL meaning force or authority of God ie divine revelation.
This verse is not about how Allah revealed the Quran to his messenger Muhammad but a general explanation that people should not worry as to which person or community has been revealed the message for the rest of people or communities, the point is that if the message makes sense then people should follow it for their own benefit regardless of who is delivering the message to them. God has no preferences but not all people are prepared to same level to carry his message and mission through that is why at any point in time various people were inspired with divine message to let the rest know about it because they were best suited among nations at the time.
98) After all this explanation if any party still has animosity towards rule of Allah and His faithful administrators and His messengers and the solid authority in form of manifesto, constitution and law of God and His missionaries and supporters then Allah lets His blessing in form of peace, progress and prosperity remain distant from such people as fight against His mission.
Word MEEKAALA is from root WOW, KAAF and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is advocation ie to support a standpoint or a person for achieving his goal etc. To dispose of another party’s affairs by its permission or by acting as an agent for it etc etc.
99) We have indeed revealed for all of you the mankind clear goals and guidelines to achieve and none will fight against them save the ones who want to do things against Our program, constitution and laws.
100) Has it not been the case that each time a people were bound together with responsibility of the divine manifesto, constitution and law to abide by, the chiefs among them pushed it aside because most of them were not at all committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind?
101) For similar reason whenever there came to a people any messenger from Allah confirming the guidance they already had, a group of ruling elite from among those to whom the scripture was given cast off the program, the constitution and the law of Allah behind their backs as if they never heard of it.
102) That is how they came to follow what the rebel leadership against the kingdom of Solomon told them, not that Solomon opposed Our rule according to Our constitution but the rebel leadership with harmful and destructive ambitions and desires opposed it through teaching masses the falsehood as the divine teachings established by Solomon and this idea of conspiracy dawned upon two kinds of rebel leaderships in Babylon, the imperialist leadership and the leadership of priesthood. However they did not disclose this falsehood in the name of Solomon to anyone without telling masses that they are their sole saviours from troubles surrounding the kingdom of Solomon so they must not oppose their teachings. This is how masses learned from both the leader-ships falsehood whereby they could sow the seeds of discord/ sectarianism between a person/ leadership/ party and its companion/ following/ community or nation. But the fact is they could not actually cause any harm because of their falsehood to any people unless they taught their falsehood as actual teaching of Allah and people were unaware of actual teachings of Allah. That is how they learned that which harmed them instead of learning that which could benefit them even though they were made aware that the learners of the falsehood in the name Allah instead of the actual teachings of Allah would have no trace left in them for proper conduct in the end. Surely they replaced proper teaching of Allah with their own falsehood in the name of Allah and that is how they ruined their whole nation, if only they had educated themselves in time about it.
Word SIHRA is from root SEEN, HAA and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is a state of confusion eg to make something appear other than what it really is in order to confuse people. The truth is changed into falsehood by liars and vice versa in order to confuse people. But if people educate themselves and learn reasoning then they cannot be influence by falsehood. Same root has meaning of dawn because that state is such that it is neither night nor day ie it is a fusion of light and darkness so mind becomes confused what to call it so it is called sihr or in urdu seher or sehri etc. In this state of light and darkness if one takes some pieces of different coloured threads, one cannot distinguish them. Not because threads changed their colours but because they appear that way to the eye in that light. So if one wants to distinguish between the truth and the falsehood then one needs not just revelation but sense also to distinguish between the two interpretations of the truth to see which of the two is actually true.
Word HAAROOT is from root HAA, ALIF, RAA and TAA. Concrete meaning of this root is rebel. Someone who lives by his own rule and dictates to others to accept his rule ie an emperor or an imperialist or a people who work for imperialism of some sort in opposition to divine program. A person that uses force to make others submit to his will or rule. The word also means destruction or breaking up or smashing something into pieces. A people who breaks community spirit and divide community into sections etc. A person with a big mouth or who uses or abuses others or the one who has no sense of responsibility to community etc etc.
Word MAAROOT is from root MEEM, ALIF, RAA and TAA. Concrete meaning of this root is a place void of any sign of progress and prosperity or growth. Priesthood set up by kings to replace divine deen by religion so that kings could use it as a tool to use and abuse people at will for their own goals, result of which is useless masses who live worse lives than animals because they are robbed of any sense through doctored indoctrination. Minds of such indoctrinated people become like barren lands where nothing of any worth grows.
Word ALMAR’I is from root MEEM, RAA and ALIF. Concrete meaning of this root is compatible or palatable eg person or party, community or management or things that complement each other in some way for some purpose. It also means wife or husband, man or woman, associate, partner, colleague etc etc.
103) Had they kept themselves committed to working for peace and had been thoughtful and kept themselves away from going against the divine constitution, they could have had a better result from the kingdom that was set up in the name of Allah had they educated themselves in time about it!
Word MASOWBAH is from root SAA, WOW and BAA. Concrete meaning of this root is cloth. The whole course of actions or process from beginning to the end result. A person sows cotton seed, reaps it, turns it into a thread and weaves it into a cloth etc etc. The result of an action or effect of a cause etc. Return on investment through personal effort etc.
104) This is why, O you who claim to be committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity in the world, you should not say to the prophet, exempt us from the mission instead you should say, keep us in your mind/sight for any missionary task and follow it through faithfully what you are assigned as a duty to fulfil, remember always that there awaits painful suffering for those who oppose Our rule.
Whenever the Quran tells that terrible life is waiting for those who oppose divine rule, it only means the consequences for peoples’ own actions as communities who live by their own ways of living. Since none is perfect in knowledge and man cannot think out the way that could lead him to his salvation therefore these like words are for warning and if people despite the warning want to fall into hell of their own making then they are free to do that. Allah has no reason to punish anyone for any reason at all but he has created this world to serve his purpose, which is man sets his eyes in doing things for which he is created and advised but left to his own devices yet fully equipped to deal with all situations from birth till death through his interdependence. When a person from among a people uses this inter-linkage to abuse others then rest of the people are supposed to stop him but if they do not then ground is set for common suffering because such things break down community spirit and thereby relationships due to irresponsible behaviour of a few who take away rights of others and yet others remain quiet. Man is supposed to create a peaceful, progressive and prosperous community and then set his eyes for conquering the universe to manage it for his own benefit thereby show glory of God at work through his own creativity. Allah has told man that he has created all things in the universe for the benefit of mankind so man should go ahead and explore all there is to find out in this world. Just as he puts effort into domesticating animals so he should put effort into making the whole of this universe into his home. So man is capable of making his life heaven or hell it is all up to man himself.
105) Those who oppose Our rule from among the people who are already given the program, the constitution and guidance for law formation by Us and of those who live by rule of other than Allah never wish that a program for peace, progress and prosperity should ever come your way from your creator and sustainer but Allah distinguishes with His program for blissful life whoever wants it through acting upon it faithfully because Allah is provider of things in abundance for whole of the mankind.
Word YAKHTASSU is from root KHAA, SWAAD and SWAAD. Concrete meaning of this root is to put in a unique position, situation or place in some way for some purpose ie single out ie isolate or distinguish etc. In almost all of the languages people have changed true meanings of words from deen to religion. Each word eg in English words like blessing, bliss, grace, mercy etc etc have no sense left in them about material things ie all these things have become spiritual in religious sense just meaningless concepts. The Quran is however talking in terms of material things, things that actually fulfil material needs and wants of people. One has to ask when priests preach religion what are they talking about when they tell people don’t steal, don’t lie, don’ kill etc etc if religions are not altered forms of deen? This is purely DEEN stuff nothing at all to do with religion. It proves priests are lying to their followers when they tell people religion has nothing to do with business of state. Because people only steal material things from each other thereby infringe on each other’s God given rights. Laws in scriptures show very clearly these books have been copied from original divine books for establishment of deen in the world.
106) We do not exclude from Our program any people nor let any nation disappear into oblivion but We let a better nation replace it. Has it not becomes obvious to you thereby that Allah has set laws to govern operations of all things including survival of human communities?
Word NANSAKH is from root NOON, SEEN and KHAA. Concrete meaning of this root is exclusion eg of something from something for a purpose. Cancel something or delete something from something eg a name from a list or exclude someone from the list etc. Invalidate, copy, replace, abrogate etc etc.
Word NUNSI is from root NOON, SEEN and ALIF/WOW/YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is women, parties, communities, managements, administrations, dependent communities, forgetfulness, obsolete, abandoned, rubble, weaker sections of societies etc etc.
This verse has been grossly misinterpreted by mullahs to mean the Quran abrogates itself. This is not what it means in the context. It means that God has not excluding any people ever from his program but many people exclude themselves from the divine program and become obsolete by their own doing as per set laws of Allah that work in the universe. If a nation does not work for its survival then it will disappear is the law of nature as set by God. The only exclusive right is given to a nation that goes by his book. All the rest of people will survive only for as long as they have worked and in the condition that they have created for themselves because Allah never changes state of existence for better for any nation unless it does it for itself. Allah only gives his program to people to work on, but it is their own choice to work on the program or do their own thing. The laws set in the universe do not favour anyone but those who learn them and work according to them they get their rewards for their works appropriately. In these verses importance of good laws and abiding by them is made very clear for mankind.
This verse decides the very fundamental issue ie motivation for people to do anything in their life. There are two parallel plans at work here a) survival of the fittest and this is the way natural world is set up to work on principle of natural selection and b)the divine revelation as a driving force ie divine revelation is very much capable of inspiring people to work as advised. People with basic knowledge of the universe assume there is no God so the world is naturally the way it is and we should just fit in with the world the way it works to survive. So all effort are made by people on this foundation. This is why almost all people are living like animals and trying to fight our scares resources as they assume it. This is why rivalry is everywhere between people and they are trying to undercut and use and abuse each other as much as they can, each fearing if I do not do that then I will not survive. Not all people are greedy and selfish but once fear is created then each wants to get away with whatever one can. This fear must be gotten rid of before anything else to calm down people so that they end their rivalry based mindset, attitude and behaviour.
The Quran tells mankind right here that there is another much better way to live and that is divine guidance. If the program given by the Quran makes sense then that proves beyond a reasonable doubt that there is a God and that he has given his program to mankind for their survival with dignity. This is very fundamental point the Quran is raising here. The Quran is telling us that man is supposed to redesign the universe wherein he can live with dignity. It is telling us learn to live with nature, then learn how it works and then try and make it work the way it suits you. Human kind is not created to be slave of nature but to be master of it. We humans have accepted nature as our master instead of God and that is why we think we cannot escape nature. However, to overcome nature humanity must unite and work together just like they worked against other dangers present in natural environment and dangerous animals to overcome them. Likewise man must overcome his own self created animosity within its own kind. Man is a creator and a designer at a lesser level than God himself. So if we stop fearing and worrying about natural world out there and instead try and find how we can overcome it and use it for our own benefit then all our problems will become solved over a period of time. This needs a lot of hard work by each and every person in all fields of knowledge to plan things and move on and that is why we should not fight each other and waste our manpower and resources over wrong objectives. We need to invest our energy and resources for a greater return than we have imagined so far.
107) Has it not become obvious to you thereby that to Allah alone belongs the kingdom of the heavens and the earth and that you have no ruler nor helper other than Allah who protects you from all sorts of troubles through His guidance?
Word WALEE is from root WOW, LAAM and YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is turn. Something or someone one turns to in time of need for help. Since Allah is creator of all things therefore he is the provider of all their mental and physical needs therefore he is very closely linked to his creation as a ruler of the universe and all that is in it. It is because a person is helpful in time of need one calls such a person friend or protector etc. It is because one turns to such a person first for help therefore the same root stands for the foremost or very, very close in sense of relationship etc etc.
108) So after all this explanation do you still want to give such a hard time to your messenger also as was given to Moses before by his people through discord? But the fact is any people who exchange path of peace through unity between themselves for path of war through divisions between themselves have indeed gone off the proper track of peace, progress and prosperity.
Word TUSALOO is from root SEEN, ALIF and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is request ie ask or make a demand for something from someone. Seek some response of someone about something. Raise a question or make a demand etc etc.
This verse is bringing to our attention what leading people of Moses did with him when he tried to organise them into a worthwhile community on basis of divine revelation that he received. They kept causing troubles for him and kept going back to what they used to do and made senseless demands of Moses as explained in the verses already passed. They did not want to go through tough training and hard work for living as a dignified community. This verse tells us that if a people are lazy or crazy, they cannot bring about a good community based upon divine revelation. The result is sooner rather than later they end up in painful suffering and become people of the past. No doubt the divine mission needs much more clever and tougher people than those who are around just now because to be motivated by divine inspiration and carry out that program is not an easy task at all. To get educated and work hard for sake of God and for the good of mankind is a thankless job as things stand. However, unless people become that kind of people the painful suffering of mankind will continue because a lot of manpower and resources will keep going to waste. Therefore there will not be peace for mankind, nor reasonable progress or worthwhile prosperity. It is because if you do not work according to a program as a united community, you cannot achieve much because you only live for sake of living not for making the world a better place for yourself and others. A mindset, attitude and behaviour that cannot be motivated for the betterment of itself or others is dangerous that sets back humanity for centuries. People need to realise that they need to become producers before they can become distributers and if they do not do so than whatever is needed for their consumption is not going to be there for them and whatever little is there, each will have to fight with the rest to get it or die in the process or die by not taking part in what was needed doing. God according to the Quran only helps those who help themselves. So people need to help themselves as far as they honestly can and then leave rest to God. Not doing anything useful and expecting all great thing of the universe is just living a lie. Similarly creating fights where there are none is also dangerous because this harms or destroys what has already been achieved and puts obstacles in the way of further progress and prosperity of mankind. This is why all problems between people must be solved sensibly through negotiations for goal set by the Quran and terms and conditions set by the Quran because humanity could not come up with such a goal and terms and condition. This is what the Quran is really about ie to put people on the proper track of peaceful, progressive and prosperous life.
109) That is how many from among the people who were given the constitution before wish they could somehow turn you back to disunited warmongers after you have chosen working for peace through unity by envying your situation of unity by way of comparing it with their own situation of divisions between themselves after the proper way of life had been made quite clear to them. Let them remain so and be steadfast against their mischiefs until Allah brings about accomplishment of His goal in form of His rule, rest assured that it is Allah alone who has set the standard for all things to exist and abide by.
Word HASAD is from root HAA, SEEN and DAAL. Concrete meaning of this root is to feel pain as if caused by hurt but is actually due to envy. When a person sees that someone else has something that he does not and feels that either that should be his or the one who has it should lose it. Jealousy or grudge etc etc. This state of mind could be so obvious that others can see one is not happy for them for having something and instead is unhappy ie one cannot hide feeling that rises due to hasad.
110) So establish the community supportive network and thereby free from all ills the community and whatever hard work you put in implementing this program for the benefit of your people, you will find it very beneficial for yourselves as a community that is how Allah will show you His approval for it, surely Allah makes obvious all that you mankind do.
In this verse it is explained how people can know if what they are doing is according to the Quranic program or not. The idea given to mankind is to keep an eye on the outcome of course of actions and if the result is as it ought to be then works carried out are fine but if results are against expectation then works have not been carried out properly so people should find out what went wrong and adjust their plan or course of actions accordingly.
111) As for their claim that none can achieve blissful state of living unless one is Jewish or Christian. This is just their make belief based mentality due to replacing deen with religion. Say, bring your proof if what you are claiming is to be accepted as true.
Word BURHAAN is from root BAA, RAA, HAA and NOON. Concrete meaning of this root is brilliantly white light that leaves no room for darkness. The Quran is said to be such light of knowledge that leaves no room for darkness of ignorance. A self evident fact or a reliable testimony of a witness or proof etc. The Quran keeps providing evidences and explanations for proof of its divine origin and it challenges others again ad again to do the same if they think they are on proper path for the benefit of mankind. Not only that but it tells us that none can do so. Even those who had actual divine scriptures at the time misinterpreted and misrepresented them and thereby got themselves trapped because if they did not explain their scriptures as the Quran was explained then they could not prove their scriptures truly divine and if they tried and explained their scriptures properly the end result would be unity of communities because all scriptures told exactly the same thing to all the people. This is how people who claim to be Muslims have trapped themselves today because if they do not interpret the Quran as it ought to be then they cannot prove it divine and if they do then they must leave their religious beliefs and blind faith to be proper followers of the Quran and that does not suit rulers and mullahs and their backers. So the Quran has to wait till mankind are ready to make proper use of it. The Quran is a double edge sword for all because either you prove yourself true according to it or you are proven false whatever you claim about it. In other words an atheist cannot prove it false unless one examines it properly and when one will try and do that he will have to study it properly and as one will do that he will be forced by reason to accept it truly divine. On the other hand a make belief Muslim cannot prove it true due to his ignorance so he too will have to learn to study it properly and when he will do that the same will happen ie the Quran will prove him wrong about his blind faith and his nonsense make beliefs and actions based on that. It is easy for ignorant people to make baseless claims that they can get anything they want from God but others cannot do the same because they do not have faith in God as they have. God is telling people that that is not the case rather anyone who follows the program as told by God will always get the results as promised because that is the way he set up the system of the universe. Allah does not change his set up system or laws that govern it for anyone. If a Muslim puts his hand in fire it will burn the same way as if the hand belonged to a nonMuslim. If a medication is prescribed by a Muslim doctor, it will work the same way as if it was prescribed by a nonMuslim doctor. So claim that I am a faithful person and you are not is absurd in light of the Quran because the Quran does not say Islam is a religion instead it says Islam is deen.
112) The truth is that any community that submits itself fully to the goal set by Allah according to His constitution and guidance for laws by doing things for the benefit of each other will have its reward exactly as set by Allah in form of being a united peaceful, progressive and prosperous community and due to that united support for each other it will have nothing to be anxious about or to regret.
Another very important point is made here that if people join together objectively then work load becomes distributed and with support of each other people can pull through all challenges that face them without being distressed by problems or worrying about them. On the other hand people increase their life problems many folds through rivalries with each other so work load on individuals’ increases so much that they cannot cope with it on their own and fall victim to depression and so community becomes weaker day by day and finally ends up destroyed if fails to see what is wrong with it and rectifies the situation in time.
113) It is due to their lack of proper knowledge about their scriptures that the Jewish chiefs in form of rulers and priests claim that the Christians do not have the right goal to work according to and likewise the Christian chiefs in form of rulers and priests claim the Jews do not have the right goal to go by despite the fact that they both claim to follow their God given scriptures. Their accusations against each other are like the accusations of those people who are ignorant about the divine proof, whereas Allah has advised them clearly for establishing themselves on the basis of deen not religion about which they have fallen in dispute among themselves causing divisions and fights.
114) So who can inflict more damage and destruction upon humanity other than the party from among a people that prevents establishment of divine institutions based upon constitution of Allah in the land for fulfilling His set out goal in case His rule is established among them and that is why they strives to prevent that from happening or try and destroy the institutions instead if they are already build? It was not proper for these people to enter these institutions unless they were concerned for their proper functioning for the benefit of humanity. For such transgressors there is a life full of anxiety at present and a life full of regrets in the future.
This verse makes it amply clear that even if a people have truly divine book in their hands but they misinterpret it and misrepresent it then they become a most destructive force in the world instead of the most constructive force. The divine program is most constructive for mankind but if it is twisted then it becomes a tool in hands of those people who work for harm and destruction of mankind eg rulers and priests and money lenders etc. It is because Allah stops people from playing harmful and destructive roles against their human communities the divine scriptures are either discarded by chiefs creating self-made books to replace them or they are misinterpreted and misrepresented so that they could be used as tools for exploitation or use and abuse by them.
115) They neglect the fact that it is due to set laws of Allah that nations rise and fall so tell them, whichever way you decide to live you are bound to face results of your actions as a community according to universal laws as set by Allah, that is why Allah makes things abundantly clear for people so that they make use of this knowledge to take advantage of it.
Word MASHRIQ is from root SHEEN, RAA and QAAF. Concrete meaning of this root is to make something clearly distinct from the rest to see eg by way of cut or mark etc. Because sun when it rises makes things clearly distinct from each other on the earth for the beholders the direction from which sun becomes visible is called MASHRIQ. Since it is rising of the sun that makes things clearly distinct from each other for the beholder therefore nations that rise become distinct from the rest due to light of divine knowledge because they work according to laws of nature.
Word MAGHRIBU is from root GHAIN, RAA and BAA. Concrete meaning of this root is fall. Since sun seems to go down as darkness over takes and things become indistinguishable from each other for the beholder it is called direction of the sunset. When divine knowledge is neglected then darkness of ignorance takes over a people so people become a useless nation or community ie it triggers their down fall. The result is a chaotic life for all involved full of all kinds of problems because people have no sense of direction or goal and each person tries to get away with whatever one can. The community spirit is gone and people live by law of jungle ie they become uncivilised and like animals if none of them realises where they are going then such nations after a while will disappear. The Quran makes it very clear that people are bound to live by laws of nature unless they are able to plan and design things for themselves to change things for better.
This verse tells us that there is no escape for mankind from laws of nature no matter what. It is not possible for people to get away with anything they do without facing the results of their actions regardless leaders or followers, babies or adults. It is all a complete system for a set purpose and that is to help mankind learn through trial and error like a self programming robot. A baby falls so many times and even hurts himself before he learns to sit, stand, walk and jump or run. It is nothing at all to do with God wanting worship of people and they disobeying him and then he punishing them for their such sins or if they say some words eg we repent and start worshipping God then all is forgiven or some sort of sacrifices being offered to God as atonement of their sins etc etc. It is all due to lack of understanding of the purpose of God for creation of mankind. The purpose is that God wanted to express himself and that was only possible by way of his creativity. If one wants to express oneself then one needs something that is there to appreciate it. This appreciation has to be by something with independent mind or having its own mind. However, that mind has to be able to recognise creativity and that is not possible unless the thing is able to create so that one kind of creator could appreciate the creativity of the other kind of creator. This is why the Quran tells us that God created Aadam to appreciate God by rising to the challenge of becoming the manager of this God created universe. So in order to learn to be a manager of God’s universe by his own power of creativity man is given the ability to learn through trial and error. So trying to rise to that challenge man will have to fall many a time before he becomes perfect for dealing with things he is supposed to deal with. Throughout the Quran there are verses that tell mankind God has created everything for the benefit of mankind, be it a horse or a donkey. However man has to learn how to make use of things provided eg how to domesticate animals for his use or how to use land to grow his food etc etc. Likewise man has to learn how to progress and travel through space and make home all over in the universe and that is what human progress and prosperity is all about and that is why the Quran is sent for people of this age to give them the necessary guidance to keep them on track. This is why if people learned to live in peace and worked together then they could make a lot of progress and prosper grossly. This is why in this learning process mankind will get hurt as well by their-own doings in order to make progress towards the set goal. No-where the Quran talks about God being angry with man because God himself created man in this state for his own purpose knowing nothing at all so why would he punish him for making mistakes during the learning process? This is why even babies get hurt and this is why individuals in the community get hurt through interacting with each other. It is because people teach each other some lessons through their interaction and this will continue till man rises to a better level of humanity. Once man rises to a better level of humanity then each and every person will become a better human being therefore man will do things properly. For example, under current state of knowledge most of the mankind do things first and when the result is not good for them then they start thinking because they are forced to think by the end results of their actions but time will come when mankind will first think things through thoroughly and then take action and the result will be good. Interaction between people will improve with time through learning things more and more. Man will rise in knowledge and therefore in power so much so that one day this universe will be changed into a blissful place by man himself that is how man will free himself from the hell he has created for himself for the time being through divisions and struggle for power. It is all because man has not realised yet what he could gain by becoming united and working together instead of working against each other. It is a waste of manpower and given resources.
116) Yet they claim, Allah has taken for Himself a son. Say, all that happens is result of His set laws alone because to Him alone belongs all that is in the heavens and the earth and everything is governed by His laws alone so He needs no son.
Word QAANAT is from root QAAF, NOON and TAA. Concrete meaning of this root is to follow the given program or given course of actions faithfully so that the purpose becomes fulfilled or end product is achieved etc etc.
This verse tells man to stop bringing God to his level and start rising in knowledge and works to his level ie be more like God instead of trying to make God more like you. It is just normal for people who lack in knowledge to think lowly about others rather than thinking high about others ie a negative mindset, which leads to negative attitude and that leads to negative behaviour. Here Allah is stopping people from falling into negativity because that will only drag humanity through mud. Instead the Quran wants people to think big and positive and that way mankind could turn things around for their own good. Instead of being rivals therefore jealous of each other people should try to be united and cooperate with each other for the good of all. No point in pulling each other down or all will pull each other into life of hell, so better give each other push upwards to rise and that way pull each other out of ditch of hell into life of paradise.
117) He alone originated the heavens and the earth. At the time when He decided upon this matter to make it take shape in reality by expressing His will about it, it began taking shape in reality.
Word BADEE is from root BAA, DAAL and AIN. Concrete meaning of this word is to initiate the process or start something or set tyhe ball rolling. The Quran uses a few different words about God regarding creation eg FAATIR=originator, BADEE=initiator, KHAALIQ=evolver, BAAREE=finaliser. These are words about real world and things in it but there are other words that are applicable to before the real world came about ie things about mind of God ie he decides to create something, he planned about it and when he decided he brought it into reality etc etc.
Words KUN FAYAKOON do not mean that Allah works like a magician to make things appear and disappear or makes toys like a toy maker. He did things the way we observe them in reality ie things were designed to take shape gradually according to set out universal laws of Allah. The universe is under observation of Allah constantly so he ensures that his plan is going according to his design and intended purpose. It is important to realise that Allah is a living being who has the ability to choose what he wants to do. Even though he himself is ever existing but his actions are bound in chain of events. Concept of time is defined by people differently for their own purposes to understand things. So there is one definition of time from within the universe and one from outside it. The time travels only one way from past in to future. We define time for our daily use as 24 hour day or seven days in a week etc etc. We also define it as point of reference in various ways. In relation to origin of universe, time began with universe because before that time there was no distance between any two points. The whole matter was in one place and as it started expanding like a balloon the space came about which kept on expanding with time and continues to date. Time is all a matter of which event happened before or after which event. Likewise God also has his own time reference by way of events that he initiated regardless he told us about them or not. For example, God knows he has already created this world. He knows what has already happened and what is happening now and what is yet to happen because he planned it all. He knew the messages he already sent to people, the message he was to send.
A question is raised as to knowledge and power of God ie if God already knew all there was to know then God could not do anything other than what he knew because if he did that then that will prove him wrong his knowledge wise. On the other hand if he could not do what he wanted to do then his power to do things will not be there. Such questions are illogical themselves because if God is wise then why would he want to do something that he is not supposed to do because he is God? One thing is nature of God as a being and the other what he is cable of doing and what he is not capable of doing. As a being God is infinite time wise but as a being who has abilities to acts he acts as he thinks fit within his nature as a God. It is not possible for God to act outside himself. For example, God cannot stop existing. He can only create things that are limited in every way. This universe no matter how big it is, it is still a limited thing from the point of view of God. If it was infinite then there will be no space for God to exist. So God is not unlimited in every way eg God cannot tell us the ultimate highest number when it comes to counting because numbers keep going on and on forever. Can God created anything bigger than him-self? Such like questions are meaningless because they serve no purpose at all. So there is no actual conflict between knowledge and power of God. The same applies to idea of predestination.
God only knows what he has planned and not where he has given choice to others to do things as they like but he has set up everything according to a system and a set of laws so whoever does anything his set laws will take care of it accordingly. He knows he has given the fire ability to burn things so whatever falls in fire will end up burnt. Water is for quenching thirst so whoever drinks it, it will quench his thirst. Food is for satisfying hunger so who ever eats it will find it satisfying etc etc. So lots of questions people raise about God are actually senseless when they are analysed. This is why God cannot predict things that are based upon choices of others who are created as free agents by God himself. It is because they are not programmed robots that only execute given instructions so the outcome is already known. Human beings are therefore their own bosses ie self programming robots. Other than what God needed to do with human beings people are wholly responsible for their own actions. So to think that God has already fully programmed people like robots is wrong. Man is not totally free in every way but he is not totally under God either. So it is a matter of God complementing man ie both are playing their own parts within their own limits.
118) Despite all this explanation those who do not learn wisdom still say, why Allah does not speak to us or send us His revelation anymore? The same was asked by those before them because they all have similar frame of mind due to lack of knowledge. The fact is, We have indeed made evident Our revelations for all the people who would firmly base themselves upon foundation of knowledge instead of ignorance based arrogance.
The people given revelations by Allah to guide them wanted the divine revelations to be only given to them instead of others out of envy. This in itself tells that these people did not take aboard what was given to them already because if they had then it should matter not to them whoever got the divine revelation because at the end of the day they were not barred from it. It was not a copyright of any people but a gift of God for all his human creatures to share and benefit from. The only people who will be jealous of it will be those who think they should be the only leaders of the world when in fact by their own actions they have proven otherwise ie they were not fit for the job any more. The point is, what have they done for mankind with the help of divine revelation they were given already that they deserve more? Why would Allah give his revelation to a people who do not deserve it as much as the others? God gave his revelations only to those who made good use of them and continued doing that so long as other people did not become more deserving in the sight of God. So the Quran is given to mankind through Arabs and we all can see that they have done a very good job in spreading the Quran. So people with sense do not get jealous but look at things in a sensible way to see how they can benefit from the given message.
119) Indeed We have sent you the messenger with a set purpose to deliver to people program for their progress and prosperity and to warn them against moving away from this program, so you will not be called to account for the course of action of those who reject and oppose Our program and end up in terrible agony by doing things their own way.
Word JAHEEM is from root JEEM, HAA and MEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is terrible agony. A state of mind which results out of jealousy or hurt ie it is a fire that consumes one from inside due to envy or jealousy. Since Jews and Christians became religious people instead of people of DEEN so God stopped giving them his revelation any more and instead of reviewing their position why that happened and accepting it, they became jealous because through misuse of divine revelation they became master of their own masses treating them as slaves creating divisions and fights among themselves instead of concentrating on the given mission for the betterment of mankind. The point is that jealous people can never work for the benefit of others so there is no point in giving them anything for the benefit of others because they will only sit on it themselves, not using it for themselves or letting others benefit from it. Since Jews became self centred people they lost respect as human beings, the same happened with Christians after they lost sense of direction and now Muslims are following the same path unless they repent and reform ie Muslims too are being religious people rather than people of DEEN. This is why Muslims have ended up divided and at each other’s throats. This shows how impartial God is in his judgment. You go wrong you face consequences, it matters not who you claim to be and where you claim to be going. Mindset, attitude and behaviour all must be one for mission of Allah, which is taking mankind to level of dignity. If not and you go your own way instead then you are responsible for what happens to you by your own hands. A human baby only suffers because mankind do not follow will of God as he guides them eg they do not become good parents and that is due to mankind being disorganised not taking care of things as they should so that they do not get hurt. The more sensibly people plan their community the less troubles the community will face. That is how life will become better and better and blissful. By ignoring and neglecting things people cannot escape the consequences for doing that. Highly organised responsible human community is expected by God that can take care of all its needs by using provided things and knowledge about them. Till mankind come to that stage, things will keep on going the way they have been ie things will keep going through evolutionary process stage by stage or step by step.
120) And as for the leaderships of Jews and the Christians who follow their own harmful and destructive ambitions and desires instead of Our program they will never be happy with you unless you too support them in their harmful and destructive ambitions and desires. Tell them, it is guidance of Allah that alone proves to be the true guidance but if after all the knowledge that has come to you from Allah you still give in to their harmful and destructive ambitions and desires then there will be nothing to prevent you or help you from going against the way of Allah other than the terrible consequences of your such actions.
Word TARDAA is from root RAA, DWAAD and WOW/YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is be consistent with eg with a value, a standard or people etc. It gives a sense of satisfaction or relief to the parties involved when one party is consistent with the other for a set goal otherwise there is tension or inconsistency or division between them which causes problems. This word is repeatedly used for God and man both. God is consistent with man in sense of goal he set for man and man has to be consistent with God by fulfilling his part of the agreement ie by achieving the set out goal.
Word TATTABIA is from root TAA, BAA and AIN. Concrete meaning of this root is to be consistent with something by way of actions ie by doing what is asked for. It is a root that is about response in action rather than words. For that the Quran uses word ITAAT, which means to be consistent with something by word ie declaring acceptance, agreement or commitment to what is asked for by word of mouth alone.
Word AHWAA’A is from root HAA, WOW and YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is debasing ideology. An idea that is not consistent with its stated purpose or a belief that has no foundation ie a make belief or self created religion or desire or fancy or a senseless conjecture or assumption etc etc. When people misinterpret and misrepresent divine message that too is following baseless ideas in the name of divine scriptures or religion or God. Likewise ideas that are not in the name of God are also falsehood because they are personal in order to use and abuse others. No matter who claims to work for the good of mankind if one does not go by divine program, one cannot deliver humanity from depths of darkness of its ignorance and its harmful and destructive actions against each other.
Last edited by Mughal
on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Posts: 385
- Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:45 am
- Location: Islamabad & Glasgow
121) Only those to whom We have given Our manifesto, constitution and guidance for laws who understand it properly and proclaim it properly and follow it as it ought to be followed they are the ones who are really committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity thereby but as to those who deny and oppose it they are for sure in loss till they change.
122) O children of Israel, spread My this blissful program I blessed you with whereby I raised you once upon a time in dignity through knowledge among the nations of the world.
123) So reject not My message out of hands or be mindful of the time to come when things will get so bad that one person will not do anything to benefit another even in the least, at that time no pleading will be accepted of anyone by anyone nor any excuse by anyone will benefit anyone because there will be none there willing to help anyone.
This verse makes it amply clear that once you the mankind go down the road of excluding people from your circle on basis of personal whims then where this is likely to take you ie to the point where none will be interested in the other ie people will end up being totally isolated from each other therefore useless for each other. This is why disunity between mankind must never be thought of or caused or consequences with which humanity will come face to face could be such terrible that people will rather give up life than long for living. No one wants to live in a world wherein each day one is faced with more and more painful suffering leading to more and more depression because when threshold is reached each and every person breaks down and desire for living is given up. The courage is gone and person becomes a total wreck. This is why the Quran wants people to be sensible ad whatever they want to do they must look at end result of it, so they should only do things that benefit them as a community in a beneficial way.
124) And for that purpose you can call to mind the time when Abraham was engaged by his creator and sustainer with a goal and guidelines for development of himself, his own community and the nations around him and he fulfilled them. Allah said, I will point you out as the proper role model for the nations to come due to your proper understanding and following of My revelations. Abraham said, what about my biological descendents? Allah said, I will not hold out those as such role models who will not bother to understand My revelation and inflict harm and destruction upon the mankind against My set out goal and guidelines as stated in My revealed manifesto, constitution and law.
This verse talks about human leadership and in the other place the divine revelation is said to be the leader or guide. The question is, why a human leadership is needed for people beside the divine guidance? It is because the divine guidance is just a piece of information on its own and it needs an active agent ie human brain to process this information so that then it could be used for the purpose it is given. This raises another question, how do we know that the imam or leader is truly the leader the divine revelation is holding out as an example? It is because the truly divine leader will understand the divine revelation as it ought to be understood and follow it as it ought to be followed and the result of this following will appear before all who will see it. Since the understanding of the divine message will be based upon irrefutable rules of wisdom and outcome of the actions of the ummah based upon that understanding will bear witness to the proper understanding of the divine message therefore it will become an irrefutable proof that the message is true, its understanding is true, its following is true and its outcome is true because each of the steps is consistent with rest of steps. The purpose of divine message is peaceful, progressive and prosperous life for mankind therefore if that is achieved by a community and its leadership or administration then all is fine. The other reason for need of human leadership is to lead humanity by way of landmarks ie every now and again someone comes along and shows people the way to encourage them to continue along the lane of purposeful journey. This way people get a new inspiration generation after generation and so some of the humanity keeps going along the right path to some degree at least. This way the world does not become totally harmful and destructive.
125) That is how We made Our manifesto, constitution and law central for the security and benefit of humanity saying, take the standard set by Abraham as the primary example of the installation of Our program, constitution and law. Moreover We instructed Abraham and Ismail to keep Our program,. Constitution and law free of all make beliefs for those who would consult it again and again and for those who would carefully study it as well as for those who would model their lives upon it and for those who would submit to it to implement it fully.
Word BAIT is from root BAA, YAA and TAA. Concrete meaning of this root is an ideal place for shelter. The divine manifesto, constitution and law is ideal for building a great human society wherein humanity feels itself secure in every way. It is free of all ills and all get all their needs met by working according to the divine plan for their own benefit. Once a seat of administration is set in a place to regulate the society, that main institution and institutions under its authority therefore have a special place in such a society ie local, provincial and national administration or management offices. All such places are places of respect so long as they are carrying out their assigned duties according to the divine constitution and fulfilling the divine program for the benefit of mankind. As soon as any of them falls out of step it ought to be corrected straight away because each of these is supposed to be monitored through a feedback system for corrections eg if any complain is made against any of them it is sign of something has gone wrong and it needs putting right. This is why an Islamic community can only be that which is fit for its given task or set goal.
Word TAAIFEENA is from root TWAA, WOW/YAA and FAA. Concrete meaning of this root is make rounds ie keep coming back to something for some reason. A round by watchman to ensure all is ok around the place one is guarding. When a person does something from a map, one keeps referring to the map to make sure one is doing things according to the plan ie going by the book and not making mistakes.
Word AAKIFEENA is from root AIN, KAAF and FAA. Concrete root meaning of this root is to study something to such degree that one understands it fully. To stick to something to the very end or till purpose is served. Observe something very carefully for its proper understanding. Devote oneself to something or some cause or task etc etc.
This verse leaves us in no doubt that it is no use reading the Quran like a parrot unless one wants to become HAAFIZ of it. Haafiz is the one who has committed the Quran to his memory. It is very, very important to study the divine message for getting to know its purpose so that one could then act for achieving that purpose. There is no point in sending any message to anyone by anyone if it serves no purpose for the sender or receiver of the message. This is what the story of Abraham is about ie God put him through some tasks by sending him his messages and he fulfilled them. Obviously he had to understand them before he could fulfil them. This is why he is point out as an imam of the ummah. It also tells us this task is a common struggle for people and not a one man show because unless people agree and work for a good society it cannot come about. Why not? Because masses of people are not easy to control for any people by force as they always rebel. So long as people have some reason to fight between themselves they always will till they are made aware that things can be done the better way and they realise it as well. People cannot be controlled by force but they can be educated to behave in a sensible way for a purpose that suits them as well. This is why God sent books for educating people to help them become reasonable people and he did not send anyone forceful to control them like animals. Once people are educated and motivated this way for their own good, it is very unlikely they will step out of the system deliberately. If odd one does then he can be dealt with appropriately as community sees fit within legal framework it is given by God.
126) And never forget the wish of Abraham at the time saying, my maker and sustainer make this manifesto, constitution and law the basis for peaceful, progressive and prosperous existence for mankind and thereby provide those who abide by it good results for their hard works. He replied, even for those who oppose it I will provide whatever little they deserve of the things of their need though I will let them drag themselves to the fire of hatred and destruction through rivalries and that is a terrible state of affairs to be in!
Word BALADAA is from root BAA, LAAM and DAAL. Concrete meaning of this root is dwelling place, land, city or country etc. People also dwell on an ideology as well.
Word SAMARAAT is from root SAA, MEEM and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is fruit ie result of a course actions or program etc.
Word ADTARRUHOO is from root DWAAD, RAA and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is affliction eg in form of mental or physical hurt direct or indirect. Affliction takes many forms eg hurt with words or actions or by way of taking away facilities or things of need from someone by tricks or force etc etc.
Word MASEER is from root SWAAD, YAA and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is goal or centre of attention to which one turns.
127) That is how at the time Abraham raised his community on the basis of Our manifesto, constitution and law along with Ismail saying, accept this service from us our creator and sustainer, surely You make abundantly obvious for people the proper way to live.
Word QAWAAIDA is from root QAAF, AIN and DAAL. Concrete meaning of this root is foundation ie a base or starting point of or for something for a purpose. A wall is built upon its foundation. A community is foundation of a member of a community or a person is a foundation of a community eg father of a tribe. A principle according to which other principles work or come into play is a foundational principle. A way of doing something for a purpose or a system that serves some purpose.
128) Our sustainer, keep both us and our community engaged and committed to Your set out mission and raise from our children people who are committed to Your set out goal therefore make evident for us our tasks and ways and means to achieve them through our hard works so grant us Your vision whereby we could prosper. Surely You grant mankind the program to refer to that could lead them to prosperity.
Word MANAASIKA is from root NOON, SEEN and KAAF. Concrete meaning of this root is task to be carried out or action plan for achieving a goal. Complete package from start to finish for a set purpose. Ways or means for achieving a set out goal. Mission related task and ways and means for completing it. Well organised and well planed course of action that produces intended results due to very hard work. Targets, tasks, ways and means or action plans for some purposes etc etc.
129) Our sustainer, raise from among them a messenger who proclaims to them Your set out goals and guidelines for their prosperity by educating them about Your manifesto, constitution and law for the proper management of the people and the resources to free them from all ills in the human community. Your program is mighty indeed for a proper rule of law for the benefit of humanity.
This verse is telling us a very important point that if people want proper rule of law and a proper administration to manage things properly then they must work at it very, very hard so that one day this becomes a reality through people educating each other. These are not prayers to God in religious sense but wishes or desires of people but desires do not get fulfilled unless they are worked upon. Like people God also desires that people learn and improve so much so that they reach their God given full potential one day ie they become very efficient with time through learning by way of trials and errors by understanding and following advice of their sustainer. The purpose of revelation is fully disclosed in verses like these for people to realise. Allah is advising people how to become good managers of things in their world because it is all created for their own benefit but they can only benefit from it by exploring things and using them for that purpose. Nothing can change just by praying to God because things need to be worked for. Allah only changes world for the better if people work for it as told by him ie he has given them a task to carry out so they must. God can only play his role in this set up and likewise people are to play their roles respectively just like rest of the things in the universe. Anyone failing in playing his role will not be able to fulfil his task and the result that he ought to achieve will not materialise. This is very, very important point for people to understand. The idea is that whatever happens in this universe people must try and understand the reasons behind it because that is the only way of learning that will help them overcome their problems. After all man had to fall many times before he stood up to walk. If you know why a building collapsed then in future you try to build a building that does not have those faults in future. By such small steps and improvements one day man can do things very, very close to perfection about everything. Man is not created by God to bang his head on the floor before God thinking he is doing some service to God rather he is created for use of his brain to use it to be a creative being so that he could appreciate creativity of God and so that God himself could be proud of his creativity in form of man as well as man of his creativity. These are all real world related tasks nothing at all to do with nonsense called, spiritualism. This is why religions are anti deen ideologies that came from those quarters that are not happy with set up of God in context of deen. Religion was invented to replace deen to mask God so that anti social powerful and dominant people in community with twisted minds, attitude and behaviours could use and abuse community members in form of masses. This is what divide and rule is all about. Chiefs, priests and money lenders always worked together to exploit the rest at will. However, power has been chipped away bit by bit from these people so today no one rules world with absolute power eg there is absolute monarchy nor absolute power rests with priesthood. However there is still a lot of power in hands of money lenders because it is they who are king makers of today and the sooner the money system is taken out of circulation the human family will become reunited. It is only a matter of time before people realise that after kings and mullahs they have become slaves of money lenders who are busy playing tricks with humanity just like kings and mullahs.
130) And who can move away from the community set up of Abraham save the foolish and the debased? That is why We pointed him out as a model for the people of the world because to the end of his life he proved by his course of actions that he was of those who mended rifts between people in order to try and lead them to peace, progress and prosperity.
131) When his Lord said to him, commit yourself for bringing peace, progress and prosperity to mankind, he replied, I commit to the mission set by the creator and sustainer of all the nations.
The way Abraham lived his life is clearly told here ie he lived his life trying hard to bring people together for peaceful, progressive and prosperous existence. So anyone who claims to follow Abraham as his imam=leader he has to do the same ie work for peace between mankind to help people make progress and be prosperous.
132) This was the legacy Abraham left for his ideological and biological children and so did Jacob when he said, O my children! Allah has already appointed for you the rule of law to abide by therefore die not unless you are fully committed for bringing it about.
133) Were you present when death approached Jacob? He asked his children, who will you serve after me as your ruler? They replied, we will serve the same One God as our ruler Who is your God and God of your forefathers Abraham, Ishmael and Isaac and to His manifesto, constitution and law for peace, progress and prosperity alone we all will remain committed.
Word AABAAIKA is from root ALIF, BAA and BAA. Concrete meaning of this root is someone who brings about something or takes care of it or both. An ideological, biological or adopted father. A community leader or father of nation. A root or foundation in which something is based or an ancestor of someone or something eg founder of a tribe or state or an ideology.
Word ILAAH is from root ALIF, LAAM and HAA. Concrete meaning of this word is originator, sustainer and supreme or ultimate ruler of the world. As Quranic words do not have exact equivalents in other languages only concepts could be described. The very same word was used for other deities as well by Arabs but that was not from point of view of Allah. When God talks in the Quran then each word needs to be understood from his point of view and when God quotes people then the words used are to be taken in that context. Since as far as Allah is concerned there is no God other than him so in that context word ILAAH means Allah is only one God. Allah also uses word ILAAH for others to make people understand there is no such ILAAH as you claim. Or there is no ILAAH other than Allah. When Allah says there is no ILAAH it simply means he alone has the right to rule and as a ruler he has right to advise mankind in matter of program for them. Since no program can be executed without all its necessary bits and pieces hence the divine revelations explain the program in great detail for people to understand, organise, plan and act to turn the idea in to a reality. This is why none has the right to dictate any other program in order to divert mankind from that path. So all who try to mask divine program through tricks, plots, oppression and suppression are actually conspiring against installation of divine rule of law in order to stop its implementation but they need to realise that the consequences for such conspiracies are very serious indeed ie prolonged human painful suffering throughout the world for as long as they continue on that path.
134) That was the kind of leadership and the community that passed away before you. For them was the outcome of the task the way they did it and for you is the outcome of the task the way you will do it, so you are not bound by things they did and the way they did them in their time therefore stick to the goal and guidelines as they did.
This verse tells us a very important point that knowing about the past generations is very important but at the same time it is also important that later people do not become stuck with their earlier generations in a harmful and destructive way. It is because there take place changes with time and if each later generation kept doing exactly the same as their ancestors then life will become a burden for mankind after a period of time. So people must stick to goal and guidelines but not with each and every actions of earlier generation unless it is beneficial for them. If once upon a time it was fine for people to travel by horses and camels under the circumstances or in situations that does not mean that, that should be the case for all times everywhere ie under all circumstances and in all situations. People are supposed to evolve with time and things that change so that everything remains relevant to each other properly and continues to works in harmony at all times in all places. Otherwise the harmony between things breaks down and people get into all sorts of troubles pulling and pushing things here, there and everywhere in all sorts of direction knowing not which way to go. This is why people who conspire need to realise that things are tough even as they are and by creating senseless divisions deliberately makes things yet worse for humanity. However to stick together, not just goal but terms and condition or guidelines become important otherwise people can never agree on anything and painful suffering cannot be eliminated.
135) Jewish and Christian priests tell you the Quran followers, be on Jewish or Christian path only then you will be on the path that is proper. Say, no we rather follow the goal and guidelines given to Abraham who refused to live by rule of any other than Allah.
Word MILLAT is from root MEEM, LAAM and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is having understanding. Knowing what something is or how it is suppose to work ie knowing a way of doing something. Although Islam is DEEN of Allah not a religion but since its text ie the Quran is useless unless understood and it has to be a man who needs to understand it because it is for his benefit so whatever sense of DEEN comes from that person who is approved by God himself is the proper sense and that becomes obvious by his works as well. This is why Islam even though is deen of Allah yet its understanding by Abraham is taken as proper Islam and not any understanding that conflicts with that. The reason is that understanding of divine text by Abraham was free of conflicts and contradictions within and with respect to real world realities due to being purposeful. So anyone who interprets any divine text if his interpretation is not free of such faults then his interpretation is useless because contradictions confuse and confusion cannot lead to any purposeful end so it cannot be acted upon if one is looking for a clear direction.
This verse tells people how they should argue with each other their cases to learn from each other in order to get to the truth of the matter because only truth can set people free from all their problems. The first thing people need to learn is the difference between the self evident facts, testimonial facts and theoretical facts. When something is witnessed by oneself and is verified by oneself then one needs no other evidence to accept it for its truth. However, when one is not a direct witness of something then the next best things is testimony of a witness if that is available and that it stands necessary scrutiny. Not only that but there arise situations all the time when we are not direct witness to things ourselves and there is no any other witness either to something. In that case one can only look at clues and try and come up with some explanations of available facts and the best one that stands to reason is the opinion that is to be accepted as evidence. These are the degrees of proofs to which a truth can be accepted.
Since humanity did not witness directly God giving anyone any book therefore humanity has no such way of knowing the truth about God. However, humanity is witness that men stood up and claimed that they were sent by God to mankind to deliver his message. When they were confronted for proof, they gave people the allegedly divine books as evidences for their claims to divine messenger-ship, of which he Quran is the last one. In order for people to know whether the claim of Muhammad the Arabian prophet was true or false, it is now up to people themselves to examine the Quran as individuals and see if they find it consistent within and with real world realities and fit for its claimed purpose of divine guidance or not. An important point to note is that a testimony can only be examined if it is understood properly otherwise one can never know whether it is true or false. It is like a person testified in French but the person examining the witness speaks only English. So either the testimony should be properly and purposefully translated into English and made available to the examiner of testimony or that he should learn French. Then there is element of people trying to mislead each other through misinterpretations and misrepresentations of facts. Therefore one has to be careful when one reads various translations and interpretations of the scriptures because people have their own agendas about things. Not only that but people who interpret scriptures may not be sufficiently educated either and may even be victims of doctored indoctrination who bend the message to prove their make beliefs instead of what is consistent within book in its own context.
So long as one is aware of all such pit falls and is sincere for knowing the truth whatever it may be then one will read the message only and only for trying to make proper sense of it that will mean a lot of very hard work because it involves a lot of trial and error due to words having multiple meanings. The proper sense of message will only be that which shows it consistent within itself and self evident facts as well as with its stated purpose. This is why this verse is of fundamental importance because it tells us how to check validity of common ground towards which one invites us. If the ground for unity is solid and terms and conditions are solid that benefit community then someone is inviting us to the proper thing otherwise one can be clearly seen to be inviting others to falsehood and for doing that one must have some purpose or agenda which is bound to harm or even destroy humanity.
136) Tell them, we are committed to working for peace according to guidelines of Allah on the basis of that which is revealed to us and on the basis of that which was revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob and their descendants and on the basis of that which was given to Moses, Jesus and other prophets from their Creator and Sustainer. We do not find any conflict between the teachings of any of them therefore we are the ones who are truly committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity.
This verse clearly tells people there was never any conflict between teachings of the divine messengers ie they all taught the very same thing basically. So following all of them is necessary hence the idea of finality of prophet-hood ie last prophet is to be followed by all people otherwise dissension is inevitable because one ummah cannot have more than one ultimate leader. So long as the final prophet did not arrive, people were sent local prophets but since prophet-hood had to come to an end so all ought to follow him so that in this day and age all people could become one. That is because to go to next step of the ultimate task people need to become very intelligent and united because yet harder task awaits humanity which is conquering the universe step by step that cannot be carried out unless people enable themselves so that they are fit for the task rather than fighting with each other like animals due to their very limited sense or use of their brains.
137) So if they too commit to working for peace, progress and prosperity on the same basis as you commit to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind according to way of Abraham only then they have adhered to guidance that is proper. However if they turn away from the path of peace, progress and prosperity that was followed by Abraham then they have surely chosen the path that gives them mindset, attitude and behaviour of those who will plot rifts and cause fights among you the mankind but faithfully following the guidance of Allah will be sufficient for you against their animosity because He is comprehensive in His observation of things and making them obvious in due course through what such people do.
This verse tells us very clearly what should be the foundation for people for coming together ie working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind according to divine program. No other ground should be acceptable for cooperation between people than what is told by Allah. Guidance of Allah is sufficient because it tells the proper path for all to follow and those who will they will see the results for themselves. Allah wants people to understand what Godly culture is and bring it about so that things could develop to their full potential as they ought to. The only people who will oppose divine ideology are those who harbour harmful designs against mankind but in due course they will be found out because their motives will drive them to such bad actions against humanity that they will become exposed as enemies of mankind. Here the Quran is talking about Jews and Christians but the case applies to all including Muslims who are Muslims only by name or any other people who are in a similar situation.
138) Moreover say to them, submerge in program of Allah as a community and whose program is more beneficial for mankind than that of Allah that is why we have committed ourselves to abide by His manifesto, constitution and law.
Word SIBGHAH is from root SWAD, BAA and GHAIN. Concrete meaning of this word is dye. To live the way someone loving and caring wishes for you to live so that you develop to the full potential. Take up a cause or become fully committed in something or live in a way as required or desired by others willingly so that there is harmony and consistency etc. Be fully engulfed by or overtaken by an idea or cause.
139) Say, are you fighting with us over right of Allah to rule us as a sole ruler of this universe when He is our creator and sustainer as well as yours? In that case rest assured that in due course we will get results of our actions as per our actions based upon His rule of law just as you will end up with results of your actions based upon way of life that you follow and we are sincerely committed to faithfully following His program according to His constitution and laws.
This verse leaves one in no doubt that people follow different ways to live by but the laws set by Allah remain unchanged and all get results of what they do according to those universal laws, so those who follow the course of actions told for the beneficial results benefit as a result and those who do their own things their own ways get their results as told. Even though many claim to believe in God yet they do not want to live by his rule of law because they assume there is nothing in form of divine revelation from God himself for the mankind about it. This is due to their belief in God as a result of their blind faith because they do not bother to study the allegedly divine scriptures as they ought to. Most people read translations and interpretations of the scriptures that are based upon official versions as pushed forth by establishment priestly hierarchy, which are actually perversions for subversion of the actual message. The imperial clergy did this in order to give legitimacy to rule by kings and emperors and in return the clergy enjoyed very close relationship with rulers. The actual divine message does not allow divisions between people for negative purposes eg for use and abuse of each other. The divine message instead demands unity and brotherhood but allows grouping for management purposes, so that people and resources are properly managed so that no lawful need or want of people remains unfulfilled. All kings and their priests created or followed already created religions to replace divine deen=rule of law and that is what all people around the world are following. This is what divide and rule policy is all about.
Masses do not learn to think properly so they do not see anything wrong with what they follow otherwise they ought to question the contradictions within any religion and between religions and between religions and the real world realities and there is no any real purpose to any of this because more questions arise against religions when people try to explain them unlike concept of deen which is for solving problems of humanity. Even if any questions religions, one only leaves one religion for the other or simply leaves religion altogether and becomes an atheist which is still not the proper position to take without really going through the scriptures properly. Each and every scripture tells us it is not a religious scripture but a scripture for deen. How? By telling people do this and this and that and do not do this, that and the other etc. These commandments found even in perverted and subverted scriptures tell us clearly that originals upon which are based these scriptures once upon a time were basis for proper human communities. So rulers and priests and their backers could not blackout the divine message totally. All people needed to do was, think things through thoroughly to catch them out and expose them. However, people were kept illiterate and ignorant deliberately and then institutions were set up to inject them with doctored indoctrination and that worked wonders for rulers, priests and money lenders and it still does. It is all about making others slaves through various forces eg physical force as used by rulers, mental force as used by priests in form of indoctrination and money force as used through economic systems to take advantage of others.
140) Or is it that you claim that Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob and their descendants were all followers of Jewish or Christian paths? Say, in that case are you in a better position to prove this claim or is it Allah? Who is then more harmful and destructive for mankind than the party that hides the testimony received from Allah through misinterpretations and misrepresentations? This is how Allah shows that He is not unaware of whatever you do by exposing your motives through your own actions.
141) That was the ideological community that has passed away. They earned the results of what they did in reference to their set out tasks according to their goals and guidelines just as you earn the results of what you do as per your set out tasks according to your goals and guidelines, you are not supposed to follow them blindly in everything they did.
It is again made clear follow only and only divine goals but only and only according to divine guidelines as were followed by past generations of successful people and no blind following of anyone be it divine message itself or be one a divine messenger. This like verses make it very clear what word sunnah of the prophet means ie do not follow each and every act of the prophet for sake of imitating him without any purpose rather look at why he did it so that you too could see if you need to do something he did or not purpose wise. The Quran teaches purposeful following of the divine message and divine prophets and people in general. It condemns blind following of anything even it if it is true just because it could be false and could lead to wrong rsults. The Jewish and Christian priesthood is condemned again and again because these people fooled their own people into make beliefs thereby replaced the true message of God by their foolish tricks. However, the Quran does appreciate others who did stick to divine message as they were supposed to. The main thing is, sensible people do not deceive anyone and none can deceive them.
142) After all this explanation still the foolish will ask, what has turned these followers of the Quran away from the path upon which they used to be? Say, it is because rise and fall of nations depends upon their following or not following properly the path set by Allah and He guides to the path that is firmly founded only those who show through their proper efforts that they really want to be guided.
Word QIBLATI is from root QAAF, BAA and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is goal towards which one is aiming. The direction in which one moves for accomplishing something eg set goal. Before in time or place, in front of, acceptance or kiss etc etc.
This verse is all about people leaving their baseless religious concepts behind and taking divine will in terms of real world or issues that matter in order to help solve human problems and that is termed the path firmly founded. Islam is all about rule of Allah for the benefit of mankind. So people who see others use and abuse each other are not interested in their game but instead try their best to educate themselves and others out of their ignorance and stupidity. The idea is to remove sense of rivalry between people and put them on the path of brotherhood and cooperation for betterment of all so that together people make an effort to explore the universe for their own benefits. That is exactly when mankind will show their full creativity and thereby realise and appreciate the creativity of their creator and sustainer.
143) That is how We brought you the individuals together to form a beneficial human community in the midst of the nations so that you could act as an example of beneficial human community for humanity about the working of guidance of Allah as your messenger was an exemplary evidence of it for you to see. We did not raise you on the path you were born upon but to make evident those who are proper supporters of the messenger as distinct from those who go after make beliefs blindly. It was indeed a matter needing very hard work but not impossible for those whom Allah has granted ability of choice to be consistent with His guidance and they make effort for it. Remember Allah does not make your abiding by His law fruitless instead He raises mankind to dignity through His program for peace, progress and prosperity.
This verse tells us that as the message of the Quran was delivered as a manifesto, people became interested in knowing the program and then they joined the movement and so a new community came about. The people who already had genuine divine scriptures and who interpreted them and represented them properly turned to Quran as they were told in their scriptures and the rest were blind followers of traditions so they carried on with their traditional books that were pushed by their rulers and priests and other vested interest parties.
144) Many a time We observed you the people looking forward to establishment of divine kingdom therefore We direct you towards a target that you desire. So from now on get yourselves fully involved in establishing the divine kingdom. No matter wherever you are from get yourselves involved fully in that set out task. The people originally given the book knew this to be the set goal for mankind from their Lord so Allah was never negligent in bringing about the results of their actions as has been explained.
This verse tells us, mankind always desired that there should be established a divine kingdom but most of the masses followed each other like sheep instead of working for bringing about a genuine divine kingdom. People just want things to happen without they needing to do anything but the Quran makes it clear if you do not work towards an end then nothing gets done so any people who want anything must make it happen. So if a people want a kingdom run by rule of Allah then make it happen by learning his message properly and spreading it and then wait and see when other people also do the same and come together. Once there is genuine support for divine kingdom none can stop it from happening but the while people fail to work for the establishment of divine kingdom, nothing will happen and the world will remain on its course as it always has been unless people wake up and change for the better. So any people whatever their origin must come to realise this and get rid of wrong mindset, attitude and behaviour.
145) Despite that being the case then, today even if you bring every evidence from their books to convince the people of the book regarding that goal, as a community they will not support your mission for establishing the divine kingdom here on the earth because they have changed divine deen for a religion. Since they do not support divine deen, neither should you support their harmful and destructive religion based missions against the set goal of Allah. The fact is, none of the communities given the books already are supporters of each other's religion based missions due to conflicts in their vested interests. If after all this information you people have been given you still yield to their harmful ambitions and destructive desires even if they are in the name of Allah then surely you will be of those who have gone off the right track.
146) Those to whom We have given the scriptures already can recognize this Quran as they can recognize their own children if they study the scriptures properly due to consistency between them. However the groups of priests from among them let the purpose of the revelation of the scriptures remain hidden due to their ignorance but they could be made aware of it.
147) The purpose of the revelation of the Quran is set out clearly in the Quran by your Lord for you the followers of the Quran therefore you should never be of those people who are in any doubt about it.
148) Be aware of the fact that in the past for each people from anywhere there was set a goal to achieve within their own region but in your case the followers of this mission the goal is universal therefore move all of you together from everywhere for establishing all that is beneficial for mankind. Whatever background you are from, Allah will bring all of you together under one and the same program, constitution and guidelkines for law because that is how Allah has set out laws to govern everything in the universe.
149) So from whichever background you start your journey of life towards divine mission, remain focused on establishing the divine kingdom in the world. This is the goal set for you by your creator and sustainer because Allah is never unmindful of harm and destruction you people inflict upon each other.
In these verses people are told that Quran is a universal scripture so people too must take it as such and organise according to it so that baseless and useless quarrels between them could be ended in order to help them concentrate on bigger picture and its related issues than petty quarrels between them over little things.
150) So whichever background you come from get yourselves fully involved in accomplishing the divine kingdom and whichever place you live in work towards it, so that no people of any place can fight against you any more with the exception of the rulers and priests among them who are against the idea of fair and compassionate society, for such people will continue their fights against Our mission due to their arrogance and ignorance. Pay them no attention rather remain focused on Our mission so that We fulfil Our promise of peace, progress and prosperity for you and that is how We will prove that you are rightly guided.
In this verse Allah makes his partnership with people very clear ie you do your part and I will do my part and in the end we all will be pleased with the outcome.
151) O mankind! Just like in the times past, We have sent among you this messenger from among yourselves who proclaims to you Our goals and guidelines for freeing you from all your self-inflicted ills by educating you about Our manifesto, constitution and law for better management of people and resources and so that you are taught about things that you could never know on your own.
152) Therefore you should proclaim to the nations of the world that kingdom of this universe must be ruled according to My manifesto, constitution and law and I will establish you as administrators of My program, constitution and law that is how you should appreciate Me by implementing My program therefore oppose not My rule.
153) O you who claim to be committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity, seek help of all the nations steadfastly for establishing the community supportive network, surely Allah is with those who are persistent in trying to accomplish His mission.
154) Therefore you the mankind should never think of those fought against for supporting the mission of Allah that they can be defeated. No, not at all rather they are the ones who are to attain peace, progress and prosperity but you have not yet realising this fact.
155) That is why We avail the opportunity for struggle to you all to learn steadfastness through things like fear of poverty through loss of wealth and lives as results of your own doings but news of peaceful, progressive and prosperous life is for those who remain consistently steadfast throughout the struggle.
156) Such as those who when faced with problem of living say, we are indeed created for hard work by Allah so to His revelation we turn for our guidance to handle this situation.
Word MUSEEBAH is from root SWAD, WOW and BAA. Concrete meaning of this root is a task at hand that needs to be dealt with or a need that needs to be fulfilled or taken care of or a lack that needs to be removed or a loss that needs to be replaced or a damage that needs to be repaired. Any problem one comes face to face with that makes life hard and needs solution etc etc.
These verses clearly explain the purpose of life for mankind and how they should deal with facing problems ie they should not give up struggling but become more determined to solve problems showing creativity and determination. Characteristics God requires of people who are one day to manage the universe and redesign it to their own liking ie mankind are to learn everything about this universe and then make changes to it to the degree that it becomes a paradise for them. Man is not just home builder but a nation builder and even the world builder and that is why one day he will have the knowhow about universe building and go ahead and manage it. That is how one day man will realise and appreciate his creator and sustainer once he sees his own potential for creativity fully unfold before his own eyes. This is how it will become obvious that God really did create man in his own image. Creativity of God could not be appreciated any other way by anyone else.
157) Such determined are the people upon which rests responsibility of accomplishing the goal of peaceful, progressive and prosperous life for themselves as set by their creator and sustainer to bless them through their own hard works therefore such are the people who are properly guided.
158) Surely clarity of purpose and course of action are the requirements of Allah of people for accomplishing His set out mission, so that any party that strives for installing Our program, constitution and law in the land or works on building the human community upon it- due to that clarity of purpose and properly planned course of action- does not find itself overwhelmed with obstacles along the way to accomplishing its goal. That is how Allah makes obvious for other people in due course people that choose consistency between their set out goal and its accomplishment to make them appreciated by them.
Word ASSAFAA is from root SWAD, FAA and WOW. Concrete meaning of this root is smooth hard rock. Something free of impurities ie unadulterated eg an idea or a goal or a course of actions free of confusion. Clarity of purpose, course of actions or mind.
Word ALMARWAH is from root MEEM, RAA and WOW. Concrete meaning of this root is something fruitful or something that produces result eg a purposeful or concrete plan or course of actions. Something that cuts through obstacle to hits the target etc. Something that is free of waste eg an actions plan that cuts down wastage of effort or resources or something that is efficient etc etc.
159) As for those who remain ignorant and lost about Our revealed clear goals for their guidance after We have made all this clear for them in the book such are the ones whom Allah lets remain in state of suffering because they still choose to do things their own way so they continuously suffer at the hands of those who make each other suffer
160) but not those who even then turn to Our guidance, learn sense, reform and go after Our set out objectives faithfully with clarity because it is people like these for whom open doors to peace, progress and prosperity, that is why We turn to people for blessing them through Our revealed program.
161) As to those who oppose Our rule and end up destroying themselves yet continue their opposition to Our rule, it is people like these upon whom rests painful suffering as told to them by Allah through His missionaries and as should be clear to them from results of their own actions and actions of all the nations,
162) these people will remain in painful suffering and their suffering will neither be lightened by their inflictors nor will they be given respite by them unless they rise up themselves against it to end it.
163) There is no reason for people not to rise up against such like situations because your ruler is solely God alone as there is no other sovereign in this kingdom of universe other than Him, the creator and provider of sustenance and provider of revelation.
164) Surely in the evolution of the heavens and the earth and in the rotation of the earth for night and day as well as in the sailing of the ships through the ocean for the benefit of mankind and in the rain which Allah causes to come down from the heaven with which He revives the earth after its death by spreading in it all kinds of animals and also in the changes that occur in the atmosphere such as in the controlled formation of clouds between the heaven and the earth there are evidences for people to learn to be intelligent and live not by rule of any other than Allah.
In such like verses the Quran is telling us a few different things a) the fact that the whole universe is a single unit that works as a system according to set laws of nature and nothing can fall out of place due to that, b)people must learn about universe and see how it works smoothly due to divine set up and therefore they too must follow divine advice for their own benefit and c)by becoming experienced and skilled through learning by means of trial and error then people must rise up and control nature as best as they can for their own benefit. This is what will lead mankind to become managers of the divine creation one day.
These evidences are stated in context of divine testimony and cannot be tested beyond verification as is done in any criminal case in court of law through forensic tests to determine the truth of the testimony of a witness. Scientific method or falsification test only applies to theoretical proof not testimonial proofs. They are facts if nothing is found wrong with statement of the facts as stated by the witness. This is why the information in the testimony cannot be questioned outside the scope of its purpose. In case of the Quran purpose of divine testimony is advisory guidance of mankind. So the Quran cannot be questioned as a text book of any particular subject because that is not its purpose just like testimony of a witness cannot be taken as text book of any particular field of knowledge.
165) Despite such readily available clear proofs in the universe that rule of Allah is the only proper rule for the mankind there are masses of the people who ignore learning them critically and instead unquestioningly abide by rules of other than Allah in the name of Allah and show loyalty to them to such degree as they ought to be loyal to rule of Allah, but those who commit to working for peace are staunchly loyal only to sovereignty of Allah after they have properly examined His evidences. Perchance those off the track could realise and reform before they really end up in their self inflicted painful suffering. Indeed sovereignty entirely belongs to Allah alone and Allah has set up strict laws that make people face the consequences of what they do to themselves and each other.
The Quran is all about mankind as a single community so it looks at its actions as collective actions of humans as a single family therefore consequences of its actions are also interlinked for the reason of correction of its mindset, attitude and behaviour ie by way of interaction between its individuals and groups etc the human community can move forward in time doing better for itself or worse. When human community does wrong to each other and continues down that way after some time people rise against this situation and try to pull it off this course to place it on another way that leads to something better. This situation of error and correction will continue till mankind have had enough experience and finally know what is right or wrong and so give up living their lives the wrong way. The Quran though teaches things but it is people who need to learn things till they reach the level of learning that will help them realise what the Quran is actually teaching them. It is like a road map is their but a person to read it needs to prepare himself to be able to make use of it and that takes time and experience. No matter how much parents try to teach their child, the speed at which a baby learns is still a major factor. Since humans are created to learn like self programming robots so they will take time. Not only that but they will keep erring and they will keep on correcting themselves till they have learned enough to not to make as many mistakes as they do at the start of the learning process.
In Quran in things that happen man is only held responsible for criminal behaviour and for that intention or motive or purpose behind the action or inaction as well as the course of actions taken both count. Life is all about learning but learning is only possible through trial and error. When a person is born he learns to use his brain, his senses, his limbs and in fact his entire body and things available to him. In this process a person makes many, many mistakes and many a time hurts himself or others. You try to sit but fall over and over, again and again and even get hurt, when you try to learn how to stand, the same happens etc etc. Humans learn things throughout their lives eg you learn to read and write and learn professional skills and go through countless trials and mistakes. The ultimate aim is to be able to do things without making mistakes so we practice more and more in order to be better and better at doing things if not perfect.
This is why there is no concept of sin in Quran- because it is not a book of religion- but about stopping crime because it is about rule of law based system ie Islam. The Quran very clearly states that even if you kill someone by mistake, it is not a crime. It is because for any action to be a crime it has to be motivated by harmful and destructive intent. Any harm that results through mistakes should be compensated where possible through actions for better results ie you try your best to replace loss the best you humanly can. Only crime is to be punished but the intention for punishment of crime has to be restoration of balance in community that was disturbed by the crime so that peace returns to community after disturbance.
When a crime is carried out or is allowed to be carried out or is helped to be carried out then community spirit breaks down and once motivation for being a community is gone then you are no longer a community but individuals and groups based on private and personal vested interests against the common good or interest. If you committed a crime and others helped you in various ways eg stopped authorities from catching you, charging you, putting you on trial or saved you from being convicted and even after conviction people get you forgiveness then where does all this leave the human community spirit?
In Quran intervention is good if it is motivated for the benefit of society eg someone was going to kill somebody and you changed his mind, somebody was going to shoot somebody and you took away his gun, people were fighting and you intervened and saved people from bloodshed. Someone was going to take poison and you got there in time and saved him from doing that. Somebody burnt himself and you took him to hospital or put some ointment on him. Someone was accused falsely or wrongly and you intervened and proved he was accused falsely. Someone is convicted wrongly and you intervene and get him retrial and he is found not guilty and is freed etc etc.
When a person really commits a crime, none is allowed to intervene to save him from being charged and put on trial and after conviction from his set out punishment. However, proper advice is allowed so that one does not commit crime to begin with or that one is not charged under false allegation, or put on trial and prosecuted or convicted wrongly or punished wrongly. This is why there is no forgiveness in Quran for criminal unless there is social benefit in doing that because Quran looks at criminal and the victim as members of the same family. If a family has only two brothers and one kills the other then by putting the other to death finishes off the family therefore out of necessity there could be exceptions to rules at times for the community. It is because man is not perfect and all his actions are not necessarily perfect. Therefore the need for a degree of respite is inevitable. From point of view of God his law is fine but from point of view of man, he needs its understanding and he needs to learn its proper application and wherever things fall on man the possibility of error cannot be ruled out so God had to compensate for that. God has limitations as a God and man has limitations as a man. Just as God cannot be expected to do un-Godly things so a man cannot be expected to do things beyond his natural limits as a man.
Sin is an imaginary concept and so is forgiveness and atonement etc. This is why these are religious inventions by establishment priests to give people sense of freedom from punishment of their crimes in this world by leaving everything to hereafter and then introduce the idea of forgiveness through intervention of good guys to end the sense of punishment for crimes. This way you do what you like and then say certain prescribed words or do some prescribes rituals and all is well, as if you are a new born. These are not Quranic concepts but were adopted into Islam by establishment and its clergy from other religions for their own purposes but later priests classes accepted them as they are without any due thought process and keep spreading them. By looking at Muslim societies throughout the world we can see the results of that. Islam is more about this life than hereafter. There is a saying in Urdu that duniya aakhirat ki kheti hai ie the present life is the one upon which depends future life or you reap what you sow. The end result depends upon your own actions. It is wrong to think that if you commit crimes in this world, you can get away with that just because you believe certain things or say certain words or do certain rituals.
The point to remember is that if mistakes are not to be punished and crime has to be that which is motivated and intended then conviction is inevitable and once conviction is there then punishment that fits the crime is inevitable because that is the way God has set up things and no amount of nonsense beliefs and rituals invented by priests can change that. The concept the Quran puts forth is that of collective punishment rather than individual punishment and concept of punishment is based upon cause and effect or consequences of peoples' own actions as a family ie if some members of human family do harm to others, it affects all the members of the same family and that is what prompts mankind to act to save their future generations. The Quran wants humanity to sort out its all problems according to set out program and guidelines so nicely that one day the world is what it is supposed to be ie a blissful place called paradise to live in. So long as people keep neglecting their responsibilities as a human community, the world will remain as hell as people make it for themselves for as long as they want it.
This is why people need to understand the Quranic concepts and not listen to their ignorant religious leaders or keep suffering the consequences. This is what evolution of humanity is all about and that is what revolutions are all about. The world is going through cyclic changes and will continue that way till a proper human society comes about that is exactly as the Quran wants it to be. It is people who are going to bring it about not God. He has sent his messenger for the final time to humanity and has said that Islam is finally to prevail ie the world will end up peaceful, progressive and prosperous regardless of what opponents of divine writ think or do to try and prevent it. They will lose out in the end and humanity will become the winner. So we all should be part of solutions to problems and not be part of problems. This cannot happen unless we intervene for the good of humanity by doing things that are of benefit to humanity and stop intervening for the harm and destruction of humanity by doing things that benefit none or even harm others. This is why religion is a false concept and deen is a true concept. And this is why priests are wrong but learned scholars of Quran based deen are right. The Quran tells people to find out things and if you do not know them ask those who really know them. Don't go to those who do not know them. Who knows things and who does not can become obvious from what they tell us ie knowledge speaks for itself.
166) At the time when the serious consequences of their actions will face them those who set up their own rule instead of rule of Allah through power, wealth and baseless religious dogmas will leave those who follow them to suffer that is how the very bonds which forcibly bundled them together will break down.
167) And the followers will say, if only it were possible to go back in time and start a anew then we would break all ties with them as they have broken their ties with us today leaving us to suffer on our own. That is how Allah will show them the results of their blind following of each other like animals. They will be full of regrets therefore they will not be able to free themselves from hatred for each other unless they come to revealed program of their creator and sustainer.
168) So O you the mankind! Participate freely in all that is beneficial for mankind in the land according to Our program, constitution and law but never live by rule of anyone who opposes Our program because that in due course will surely prove adverse and incompatible with your dignified existence.
169) Such a ruler will urge you to do things which are harmful and destructive for mankind as well as make you attribute those harmful things to Allah about which you have no proof whatsoever.
The rule in the Quranic context is very simple. The Quran forbids doings things only and only on the basis of harm to human society ie one is not allowed to do anything that harms human community. This is what word KHABEES means. It is a very comprehensive word. It is used in opposition to word TAIYIB meaning beneficial that helps a society be peaceful, progressive and prosperous. Doing harmful things sets back community or it stops it from progress therefore it cannot prosper or grow. Law is one thing and its application another thing. Application of law depends on situations and circumstances. What is lawful under one set of circumstances or a situation can be unlawful under another set of circumstances or in another situation. Law is all about dos and don’ts in sense of participation in community or interaction between people.
Harm can come from ideas, words or deeds. So it is not that if you say something in words it is ok but if you sing it then it is not ok. The rule derived from the Quran is very simple ie that which is not forbidden to do is lawful to do till the need arises to forbid it. This need comes from changing situations and circumstances for human community. For example, driving is fine unless you are under the age limit or do not fulfil other legal requirements eg you do not have car worthy of road. That way you may kill someone or even end up dead yourself. You cannot eat foods that are declared unlawful by law unless you are in a situation or under circumstances when you think you qualify for exemption etc. Here food means things that you may eat but they could pose harm or danger for your health or life if you eat them. Allah does not forbid anything that is of benefit for mankind but to get the benefit one has to do it in a way that benefits instead of harm eg over eating is wrong. Allah does not forbid eating healthy food nor drinking healthy drinks but they must be consumed in a way they do benefit and not harm.
Since the Quran does not forbid doing harmful things individually it does not mean doing them is not forbidden because law formation in Islam is left up to ummah itself. However on one hand legislators must stay within set limits of the Quran as guidelines and on the other they must be fully aware of realities on the ground ensuring the ummah is not harmed by these laws and that laws ensure that ummah is in peace and progressing and is prosperous. At the end of the day laws are supposed to be made for peace in the community on basis of progress and prosperity so if any laws instead cause problems then they do not qualify as Islamic laws. Remember in Islam laws are made for proper regulation of a peaceful, progressive and prosperous society and not for controlling people by use of force, religious indoctrination or money. Islam forbids oppression and suppression, injustice and unfairness, cruelty and animosity, stagnation and regression and poverty of all sorts because that puts people under stress and harm. This is why so called shariah laws made by establishment clergies on behest of kings and rulers to give them legitimacy are anti Islam and anti humnaity laws so people need to take them as such.
Music, singing and dancing is not unlawful by its very nature but there are times for doing things and there are times for not doing them. So whatever is allowed it is only allowed under certain circumstances and in certain situations. Likewise what is made unlawful is also done the same way ie there are conditions set that must be met eg you cannot go on the street at midnight and start singing aloud when people are sleeping. You cannot sing songs to your mother which are only fit for your wife etc etc.
Most people are confused about things not because they are not told clearly in the Quran but because they have not educated themselves to the level that Quran requires for its understanding. The Quran is like a road map, which is only useful for a person who can read the map. If you give it to a child to read it who has not even been to a school then you are going to have problems. Same with priests who are not aware of things they need to help them understand the Quran. Such people are responsible for creating confusion within the ummah as well as with outside communities about Quran and Islam. The problem is not necessarily ignorance but stubbornness not to learn things because if one is willing to learn things, then that is fine. We all are born ignorant but capable of learning so we should not become stubborn and lock ourselves in boxes.
170) Despite such like clear explanations when it is said to people, learn and support what Allah has revealed. They reply, no way! We will instead follow the way of our forefathers. What! Even if their forefathers learned no wisdom to examine things critically due to which they lacked sense to benefit from Our guidance?
171) The likeness of such people as oppose the rule of Allah is like that of a herd of cattle, call out to them as one may, they hear nothing but a shout and a cry, they are deaf, dumb and blind, and lack proper sense of thinking things through thoroughly.
It is not a crime to be born ignorant but it is criminal for mankind to neglect learning and proper education. Only and only proper education and learning can help change the world for the better. So long as people stick to their nonsense beliefs and deeds or nonsense ideologies and courses of actions, things are likely to remain as they are ie on course to harm and destruction.
172) O you who claim to be committed to working for peace! Take part in all that is beneficial for mankind with which We have provided you, that is how you should show the world to appreciate the rule of Allah if it is His program you have truly committed to work for according to His constitution and law.
Last edited by Mughal
on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:55 am, edited 19 times in total.
- Posts: 385
- Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:45 am
- Location: Islamabad & Glasgow
Could you try a smaller font?
- Posts: 1546
- Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:41 am
I wonder why the mods let a ridiculous farce like this continue. Maybe I should make up my own Quran as well. Why not? That's all that Mughal is doing.
orange jews for breakfast and 20 oz he brews at night
Muhammad bin Lyin
- Posts: 5959
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:19 pm
- Location: A Mosque on Uranus
Muhammad bin Lyin wrote:I wonder why the mods let a ridiculous farce like this continue. Maybe I should make up my own Quran as well. Why not? That's all that Mughal is doing.
Apparently the Quran can be translated in any way one wishes.
I read about one Muslim woman who is translating the Quran from a feminist perspective. I forget her name. Perhaps, husband obeying his wife? Or, men wearing niqabs and hijabs?
In a way that may be a good thing. There will be so many different translations so that the Quran might become irrelevant.
ساری دنیا ايک ہی خاندان ہۓ۔
The Whole World is a Family.
- Posts: 2156
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:40 am
173) He has strictly forbidden for you the followers of the Quran participation in anything that is harmful and destructive for mankind such as involves bloodshed and abusive use of others and all that is against the program, constitution and law of Allah. In case one is dragged into such a chaotic situation or circumstance whereby one is forced to get involved in such things but commits to getting out of this situation and means no harm to others nor rebellion against Our rule upon such people there is no blame. Allah is surely protector of mankind through His revelation for their prosperity so that they fall not in such situations in the first place.
In these verses one is left in no doubt what is expected of him by God. It is all about building the human community ie one has to do anything and everything to build a proper human community and all that goes against that is strictly forbidden. So long as community spirit is alive in people they are bound to succeed in life but as soon as they move away from idea of living for each other thereby community life they are bound to fall victim to all sorts of rivalries and divisions whereby they are bound to end up in use and abuse of each other. This is bound to ignite fire of hatred between people and bloodshed, and destruction is then not far off. Many a time we hear Muslims saying, paradise lies under the feet of one’s mother. What it means is that community is mother of its individuals and a good community looks after its people so in a way if community is looked after by individuals as their mother then their own life is secure as well because by working hard together life could be turned into a paradise. Humans are a big family and the universe is their home and with strict following of house rules people can do a lot better than they otherwise will. A good family does not use and abuse each other but looks after each other. People who use and abuse each other are like apes and pigs ie having no sense what God and humanity is all about. If there is no sense of community then you can try and look after your biological mother as much as you like but you will not get anywhere it is because coming together and working hard for the purpose of making life worthwhile makes life better otherwise a lot of time and energy is wasted fighting each other and then sitting idle doing nothing constructive at all.
Word AL-MAITAH is from root MEEM, WOW and TAA as already explained. It has many meanings eg uncultivated, motiveless, idle, dead, defeated, destroyed, lifeless, having no courage. A people without any goals and guidelines or ambitions and desires etc etc. A nation is a dead nation if it is not showing signs of being a lively nation or community.
Word AL-DAM is from root DAAL, MEEM and WOW/YAA. It means blood or bloodshed or blood sucking etc. In context of human community, people if do not live for each other then they live against each other in rivalries and that leads to taking undue advantage of each other and that means use and abuse of each other that leads to blood sucking and blood shedding etc.
Word LAHM is from roots LAAM, HAA and MEEM. Concrete meaning of this word is warp and woof. Something that is used for drawing thread for weaving a fabric or hatching a plot or contrive or devise a scheme.
The same root also means flesh because flesh is also woven cells and fibres. In Urdu two words are used for expressing this idea a)RAISHA DAWAANIYAN and b)KAARASTANIYAN. Knitting net of some conspiracy or cooking up some plan for deception or mischief for making or causing some sort of trouble or problem.
Word KHINZEER is from root KHAA, NOON, ZAA and RAA. Concrete meanings of these root is something that is contemptible due to its ideas or works. Something that is despised due to its mindset, attitude or behaviour or something that is useless or idle. The same root also means pig or swine or boar etc.
In the Quranic context words AL-LAHM AL-KHINZEER mean a scheme for abusive use of people by each other in order to undercut each other in rivalry so much so that life becomes unbearable for majority at the hands of a minority at the end of the day. A relationship between people based on pig philosophy ie a relationship purely based on rivalry for taking advantage of each other for profiteering from each other at the expense of beneficial community life. The Quran wants people to take human family as basis for existence and work hard for its proper maintenance at all costs. This is why Islam is all about brotherly cooperation between mankind and not divisions based on greed and selfishness.
174) Surely those who ignore proper understanding of that which Allah has revealed in the book for the benefit of mankind thereby misinterpret and misrepresent it that is how they exchange knowledge for ignorance for which mankind pay a terrible price in form of painful suffering, that is how such people gather nothing for their future generations save fire of hatred among their people against each other. That is why Allah does not inspire them with ways and means to establish divine rule nor frees them from their self inflicted suffering so they are left to suffer the severe pain unless they rethink their position and readjust it according to Our program.
175) Such are the people who exchange Our rule for any harmful and destructive rule as if they like buying into regression, poverty and wars instead of peace, progress and prosperity. How eager are they to enter life of terrible pain and suffering!
In these verses it is explained very clearly that it is not for Allah to interfere with choices of mankind in order to force them to do things his way rather for God it is all a matter of advising people and then let them accept the advice or go their own way.
176) That is so because Allah has revealed the book for a set purpose of peace, progress and prosperity of mankind, but those who look in the book ignorantly and arrogantly misinterpret and misrepresent it thereby cause mistrust, distrust, misconceptions and suspicions that divide mankind so they are surely looking forward to wars for exploitation that lead to harm and destruction.
177) Freedom from self inflicted ills is not possible for humanity just by you the people acting randomly or haphazardly to one extreme or the other instead freedom from ills lies in the fact that one commits to working for installation of program of Allah for the purpose of good end result for mankind through setting up an administration based upon the book as it was done by the prophets for their people. Moreover freedom from ills lies in spending whatever one has out of love and loyalty to His rule on all people in the society be they known as settled people but isolated individuals, or unknown strangers in form of helpless needy travellers or be they belonging to any other category who ask for help or are in need of looking after. That is why freedom from all ills in humanity lies in establishing the beneficial human community based upon the divine constitution and through that attaining freedom from all manmade troubles in the human society. Freedom from ills does not lie in installing divine constitution only but also in fulfilling all the constitutional obligations and the promises or agreements as they are made and in being steadfast in distress and in adversity as well as at the time of war. People who do these things are true to their word and they are the ones who attain consistency with program of Allah as well as with the mankind therefore they can end all troubles among human beings.
178) So O you who claim to be committed to working for peace, abiding by law of equality is necessary for you for ending the conflict in the human society. Only a group that is free itself from inflicting harm and destruction upon others can work towards freeing others from this mindset, attitude and behaviour just like a law abiding group that frees itself from taking any other group or person as a slave can work for freeing others from taking any other as a slave and just like a person who frees himself from weaknesses can work towards freeing others from weaknesses. So any who removes any harm and destruction from his brother he has followed the right course of action for benefiting him thereby the human brotherhood. That is how your creator and sustainer makes things easy for you through His revelation for your peace, progress and prosperity. So any party that goes beyond law of equality for such is painful suffering in due course as a result of its own actions.
In this verse it is made clear that only such person or group of people can help others free themselves of ills as are free of ills themselves. A society that does not treat its own people properly according to a proper law can never be expected to deliver others on matters it is involved in itself. The Quran is dealing in this surah with problem of conflicts between people and their resolutions. People are told that if you really want peace, progress and prosperity for mankind and if you are really committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind then start getting rid of problems from within your own family, clan, tribe and kingdom etc etc and only then you can spread the ideology of brotherhood to wider humanity. Learn to live for others because that is prerequisite for a brotherhood or community life. In other words freedom is for those who believe in freedom and slavery is for those who believe in slavery and likewise weakness is for those who themselves believe to be suffering from weakness due to lack of self confidence. So people must think positively and do what needs to be done to get to the goal rather than sitting idle and making excuses.
179) All this explanation clearly shows that abiding by law of equality ensures your survival as a beneficial human society, O you the people with ability to understand things so that you could attain consistency with program of Allah for the benefit of mankind.
180) Likewise leaving a better legacy behind is necessary for survival of your society before death approaches any of you so leave a good advice for your dependents in form of community elders and in form of community children as well as others in your circle. This is responsibility of those who want to be consistent with manifesto, constitution and law of Allah for the good of the mankind.
Good people in administration or in general are supposed to leave a good advice for their successors before their departure from their office or from this world just like Abraham and his children. Moreover successors are told not to change the original message or suffering will result for people left behind and yet to come. This is again about changes in divine message like the ones made by Jewish and Christian priesthood for the sake of rulers. However, it is also possible that dying person or person leaving his office may advice wrongly so if that happens then listeners could make corrections to the advice in order to prevent any harm that may result from that wrong advice.
181) If anyone changes the advice after hearing it then damage that results from that will be liability of those who change the advice. Allah surely makes obvious results of peoples’ actions in due course to show nothing escapes His attention.
182) However, there is no harm done by the recipients of the advice if they among themselves make corrections in the advice if they fear any damaging outcome from acting upon it in its original form. Allah is surely protector of mankind through program for prosperity based upon revelation.
183) O you who claim to be working for peace! Abstaining from all actions against Our program, constitution and law is necessary for you as it was necessary for those before you so that you may attain consistency with program, constitution and law of Allah for the benefit of the mankind.
184) For that reason set apart some days to train people for this purpose unless any of you is ill or on a journey of knowledge already as a student or on the move for livelihood etc in that case such people can complete their this training for a similar number of days during another session. For those who have undergone the training their task is to work for satisfying the needs of the residents in the state. Whoever benefits others more than necessary voluntarily, it is only better for him and the wider community. So if you truly understand the rationale behind all this then it is better for you to abstain from doing things that are harmful and destructive for the community.
185) It is to stop the bloodshed between people the Quran is revealed as a guidance for the mankind with clear terms and conditions as the criterion for peace, progress and prosperity. Therefore any of you who is alive should prepare himself for the times of warfare to rectify the situations unless one is ill or on a journey of some sort in that case one should complete the training for a similar number of days in later sessions. Allah intends your well-being and does not want to put you through unnecessary hardship. He wants you to complete the prescribed period of training so that you establish his sovereignty and thereby make His glory properly manifest, that is how you should make people appreciate Him for giving you His guidance.
Word SHAHRU is from root SHEEN, HAA and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is declaration. When sword is drawn it is declaration of war or bloodshed. When new moon appears it is declaration of new lunar month etc. It also means make something manifest or evident etc.
Word RAMADAAN is from root RAA, MEEM and DWAD. Concrete meaning of this root is heat. This heat could be due to friction between two stones or when rubbing sword on a stone to sharpen it or when there is heat between two parties leading to war or bloodshed. The month of Ramadan is called by this name because it used to occur during summer period when it was hottest when the months were named by Arabs before the revelation of the Quran.
This verse tells reasons for revelation of the Quran to stop wars between people and bring them towards peace, progress and prosperity. It is pointed out very clearly here that to bring anyone around to accept peace, progress and prosperity ideology is not an easy task therefore each and every supporter of the Quran must work hard to train himself before inviting others to Islam. So that people are fully aware what they are invite to and what is in it for them. This training is so important that even if people are ill they must get involved in it as soon as they are free to do so. These verses show how important knowledge is when one claims to be a muslim.
186) And when My servants ask you about My kingdom, tell them that I am with them for bringing about My kingdom but that they should bring it soon. I approve the call of every caller when he calls mankind towards My kingdom therefore let people respond to My invitation by committing to working for peace, progress and prosperity so that they may achieve their set goal of peace, progress and prosperity with help of each other and My guidance.
187) It became a custom for you during the period of darkness of ignorance when you abstained from going by the book to treat the people of weaker families or communities among you as slaves to be used abused and discarded whereas they were supposed to give you sense of security and you were supposed to give them sense of security as a part of human brotherhood. Allah made this obvious to you that you were inflicting harm upon people of your human community thus He turned to you for the rectification of your situation and relieved you of this disgraceful and debasing custom. So you should give good news to these parties and seek mutual benefits as Allah has prescribed for you. Therefore actively learn and practice this until the rule of Allah becomes fully distinct from the rule of darkness and the new dawn break outs and that is how you should complete your support for divine rule by taking the concept of brotherhood to all dark places in the land till undue exploitation is no more. However do not let communities know commandments of the Quran the while you are still learning and working them out yourselves for their implementation in your institutions. For these are the limits set by Allah so they need to be approached with proper understanding for proper implementation and propagation to prevent harmful outcomes due to misunderstanding and their misrepresentation. That is how Allah makes His goals and guidelines clear for mankind so that they could guard themselves against inconsistency with constitution of Allah and the mankind.
188) Henceforth do not participate in matters related to community wealth through putting in place an unreliable person or an unreliable system for yourselves that is harmful and destructive based on double standards so that thereby some of you through corruption and bribing the administrators could take away unduly what belongs to all the community to use and abuse others and bring down the divine rule when you should know better because you have the Quran to guide you.
189) People will soon seek advice of you for purpose of setting up proper community institutions. Tell them, there are set standards for selection of the people for the offices through scrutiny. Because it does not free people from harm and destruction if you bring about state institutions for wrong purposes or make entry in them the wrong way because freedom from all ills in the society lies in consistency between the set out purpose and the course of action for fulfilling it therefore enter your state institutions through their proper doors and thereby be consistent with constitution of Allah for the benefit of humanity so that you could end up in peace through progress for prosperity.
190) Therefore on that basis campaign hard for installation and implementation of the program, constitution and law of Allah against the chiefs and priests and their supporters who fight hard to keep things as they are harmful and destructive for humanity but you should never transgress the set limits yourselves because Allah supports not those who go beyond His set limits.
191) The reason you should campaign hard against such people wherever you come across them is so that you get them out of their harmful and destructive mindset, attitude and behaviour against humanity because thereby they drive you the masses out of your places and possessions. Also because their way of oppression and suppression is worst than slaughter as they cut off your lifeline by their tricks inducing a slow and painful death for you. Even then do not go for killing them in the name of divine/sacred kingdom/institution unless they attack you first because of it but if they do attack you then fight them back. That is the reaction deserved by such, as oppose installation of Our rule.
192) But if they cease hostility the while they can then you too should stop your reaction against them because Allah is protector of whole of mankind through blessings of His revealed program.
193) But if they do not stop then keep the fight against them going till the strength in their struggle is gone and they are no longer able to oppress and suppress people so that program, constitution and law of Allah becomes established. As soon as any of them give up fighting against you let there be hostility no more against them, for this campaign is only against those who transgress against the rule of Allah for bringing harm and destruction to mankind.
194) The naked aggression is forbidden for you save in response to a naked aggression on the basis of law of equity. Therefore if any party transgresses against you then you may also take action against it likewise as it took against you but you must remain consistent with program, constitution and law of Allah and bear in mind that Allah supports only those who do things for the benefit of the mankind.
195) So show generosity by benefiting mankind greatly by way of Allah and don’t bring upon yourselves harm and destruction by your own hands by being cruel to each other instead. Therefore be nice to each other because Allah supports those who do things to fulfil needs of mankind.
196) For this reason strive hard to install and maintain the program, the constitution and the law of Allah in the land for bringing about a good community. However if you find yourselves being limited in your ability, means, circumstances or situation for carrying out the mission far away from where you are based then at least spread the message locally person to person as is within your capacity and means. Moreover always consider undertaking necessary training and detach not yourselves from your missionary leadership till the course of action relating the mission has reached its completion. However if any of you the parties becomes ill or is stopped from carrying out the course of action due to some problem spotted by mission leadership then that party may compensate this through holding itself back for an alternative program or fulfil another course of action or it may do some other beneficial work for the community. Moreover reflect when you are not on any mission upon the advantage the person with full training has for striving for the set goal of building a proper community as compared to the person who becomes limited due to lack of such guidance. But if any cannot hold back oneself to complete the training for period of three sessions in relation to establishing the set goal then one may go for it as many times as and when one can refer to it. This is how you can enable yourselves to build an ideal community. That is the alternative program for any who abides not already within the jurisdiction of the divine institution or kingdom. That is how you should be consistent with program of Allah for the benefit of mankind and know full well that set laws of Allah are strict in calling people to account for their thoughts, attitudes and behaviours towards each other.
Word RU’OOSA is from root RAA, ALIF and SEEN. Concrete meaning of this root is head ie head, leader or chief of a party or organisation or family etc.
These verses set a very powerful program for the person who claims to follow divine message ie to spread it far and wide as much as within one’s power. The idea is to make people alert that they should change their societies themselves as explained in the revelations by God. Each and every human population must become a caring and sharing community or brotherhood. All other ways of living should be given up so that humanity could live in peace and progress and be prosperous by working together to this end. The people who carry this message to others must train very hard till they know what they are talking about and are able to make others understand so that all join together in this struggle to take humanity to new heights of dignity. The ideas is get a group of dedicated people together establish a proper Quran based Islamic community then gradually try and expand it throughout the world by educating others. Any resistance through falsehood must be removed and humanity must be freed from ideologies, systems, structures, procedures and practices that disgrace mankind through use and abuse, oppression and suppression etc etc.
197) The training months and program for establishing the divine kingdom should be publicized by organisers but anyone who undertakes the training for the set goal must abstain from using offensive language or actions against others and must not transgress against the divine rule of law as well as must not get involved in personal fights during the training for the stated goal. Whatever good you do for yourselves and others Allah makes it known to others through your actions. So if you must grow then grow in knowledge for consistency with Our program, constitution and law for the benefit of the mankind, So be consistent with Me, O you the people endowed with sense for understanding of things.
198) There should be no restriction upon you if you undertake learning about the revelation from your creator and sustainer however when you return from place of training after completion then strive hard for the manifestation of glory of Allah to establish the divine rule of law as it ought to be as He instructed you, for before this knowledge you were a people who lived your lives in confusion and thereby you harmed and destroyed each other.
199) Moreover as you benefit yourselves from Our guidance so you should benefit the rest of the mankind and seek freedom from manmade troubles through program of Allah, for Allah surely protects you against all your self-created ills and brings you peace, progress and prosperity with dignity thereby.
200) So when you have completed your training program then strive hard for manifestation of glory of Allah for others to see as you used to strive hard for the manifestation of glory of your forefathers or with yet more courage and strength. Despite all this explanation there are still among people such as express their desires by their actions as if saying, our creator and sustainer! Make it possible for us to have the whole world to ourselves leaving nothing for others. Such people as work to this end therefore have no basis whatsoever to work for the betterment of the mankind as their end goal.
In this verse mankind are warned that they must make themselves aware of such people among themselves as have certain mindset, attitude and behaviour that is very damaging and destruction for humanity so people should not give them any chances to ruin humanity. They are opponents of divine program who want to set mankind on a collision course through alternative ways of life that are rivalry based leading to animosity between people to pave the way for their policy of divide and rule. It is because they have some advantage over others which they want to benefit from at the expense of others rather than use it for benefit of mankind. They will prove so if they are given the chance.
201) But there are yet others among mankind who say, our creator and sustainer! Make it possible for all of us to have a balanced life right from the beginning and a balanced life right to the end thus save us from fire of mutual hatred and animosity due to greed and envy.
202) Such are the people who will have their due share according to what they have earned, for laws of Allah are fully capable of settling peoples’ accounts right in this world.
This verse is telling people whatever you do, results of that will prove you right or wrong when they appear before nations to see. So do what is right so that you do not have to regret it.
203) Therefore set apart periods of time for training for striving hard for manifestation of glory of Allah. If any hastens to leave training after completing a couple of sessions let there be no obstacle in his way and if any stays on till the end let there be no difficulty in his way either so long as one has achieved consistency with the mutually set standard for carrying out the set task. So be consistent with program, constitution and law of Allah and be aware that you will be gathered as a community on the basis of His program, constitution and law.
204) Be aware also of the fact that among the mankind there is such a party whose speech will fascinate you the masses regarding how life in this world should be set up and ruled and it may even call upon Allah to be witness about what is in its mind even though it will prove by its own actions in due course that it is your staunch opponent when it comes to installation and maintenance of program, constitution and law of Allah.
205) Because when it leaves you the masses it directs its efforts to save or install the rule of other than Allah whereby it causes wars in the land and destroys nations and their prosperity in the name of Allah even though Allah does not approve of wars based on greed based exploitation.
206) When it is said to it, abide by program, constitution and law of Allah, arrogance carries it off to crimes against humanity. Only making the world hell satisfies it and what a terrible place that is to live in.
207) Among the mankind there is also such a party that commits itself to establishing the kingdom of Allah because that is how Allah shows His glory to mankind through its peaceful, progressive and prosperous life that is consistent with divine program, constitution and law.
208) So O you who claim to be committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind, implement Our program, constitution and law for peace, progress and prosperity fully and abide not by rule of any opponent of it because such a rule will prove harmful and destructive for you.
209) Yet if you mask or derail Our program, constitution and law after receiving the clear goals and guidelines then be warned that you will end up in deep self created troubles because only rule of Allah has the foundation strong enough to bring dignified life based upon wisdom that is self evident in the universe that can save mankind from their self destruction.
210) So if masses are not looking for a blissful future then what are they looking for other than that which laws of Allah bring about in form of clouds of painful suffering and destruction through their chiefs to fulfil Our warning to them? After all, the right to set goals and guidelines for all things rests with Allah alone.
211) Ask the children of Israel how many clear goals and guidelines We gave them but people who give up establishing the rule of Allah after it has come to them to abide by then set laws of Allah make such people face consequences of their own actions in this very world.
A clear warning for those who have heard the divine message that if they do not work to establish and maintain it, then in time they are going to be turned upside all by themselves. They will live to regret it themselves and curse their past generations for putting them on this wrong path that hemmed them in through consequences of their own actions. So people must not get overly involved in the life of this world without having any time to themselves to reflect on their actions and their results. Overly involvement in the worldly life is thoughtless involvement based on rivalries to undermine and tear apart each other instead of having sense of community and brotherhood.
212) Due to their ignorance based arrogance life in this world derails those who oppose rule of Allah and make wars against it and take those for a laugh who commit to striving for peace in the land. However those who are consistent with rule of Allah for the good of mankind will have the upper hand on the day of the way of Allah becomes established, for laws of Allah give control of livelihood to people who want it without discrimination.
Here it is told that it is up to laws of Allah to let such a party have control over land and resources, means of production and distribution as is able to take over. The lesson for people of God is to prepare for that so that when the control is handed to them they do not misuse and abuse it otherwise the control will be keep going to people deserve it better according to laws of nature. The idea is that there are two laws for mankind at work a) nature the way it is and b) the way man should arise above nature to make the world a better place. If man fails to rise to challenges to become decision maker then nature will make its own decisions as it sees fit and man will have to live by that till he learns to do better and takes control of things from nature.
213) Originally the whole of mankind used to live the very same way on basis of survival of the fittest though they all belonged to same family tree but at length Allah raised prophets from among them as encouragers for what was beneficial and discouragers for what was harmful to educate people to bring about a better human society by revealing to them Our program, constitution and law for this purpose so that matters between people are settled according to it in which they may have disputes or disagreements. Moreover they did not differ regarding Our program, constitution and law save for some of those who had it after came to them the clear goals and guidelines just out of selfishness based animosity between themselves. However Allah guided those who committed to working for peace to what was proper regarding that in which they differed. For Allah guides whoever takes necessary actions to be guided to the path firmly founded.
214) Do you think that you will end up in blissful life in this world without doing the needed hard work the while We bring you the examples of those passed away before you as to how they created blissful lives for themselves? They were afflicted with suffering and adversity by their rulers and priests just like you and were so violently shaken up that even the divine messenger and those who committed to working with him for peace, progress and prosperity in the land cried out, when is Allah going to help? They were told, help of Allah is always close to you in form of His revelation for establishing His rule but you will have to undergo a training program first to prepare yourselves for its installation and maintenance only then you will reach your set goal.
215) Behold! They will now ask you what they should do to achieve the set out goal? Say, do all you need to do for the benefit of each other, do it for dependents in form of elderly and children, close relatives, isolated individuals, the helpless local residents and people on the move for their needs and wants that come your way. Whatever you do for the benefit each other Allah will make evident its results for you in due course.
In this verse word YUNFIQOON is not about giving alms to poor but in the context of the Quran it is about using all ways and means for the betterment of all the people within one’s reach as a community. It is because Quran does not allow divisions on basis of power or wealth etc so there is no question of alms for poor in the Quranic context. This is about spending, using or doing all in one’s power to make community succeed ie achieve its objective for sake of all involved as a community. This spending is about using all one has for struggle for setting up a state based upon divine program, constitution and law.
216) Striving hard is necessary for you as a group of people for bringing about a blissful human society even though you may dislike working hard for each other. But it so happens that you may dislike doing something for others as individuals yet it is beneficial for all of you as a community the while on the other hand you may love doing something as individuals for yourselves yet it proves harmful and destructive for all of you as a community. That is how Allah makes obvious for you that which you do not realise in order to educate you.
In a society with mindset, attitude and behaviour based on rivalry wherein each person works for himself at the expense of all others, a bit of convincing and persuasion is needed so people are explained how a new society based on Quranic set up will benefit them as a community. However, when masses will go for that then rulers and priests etc who are going to lose their enslaved labour are going to be very upset so the point is made clear that people who become committed to movement for peace, progress and prosperity must understand the ideology and what will be the consequences for pushing it on to rest of the people ie they will have to prepare for wars as well because people with vested interests are not going to sit idle instead they are going to react to this movement by attacking it for its ideology in every way at their disposal.
217) Time is coming when they will require of you advice in situation of open aggression as to how to respond to that situation. Let them know, fighting against open aggression is not a thing to be taken lightly rather it is a very serious matter indeed so be well prepared for that but even more serious matter as considered by Allah is stoppage of people from installing program, constitution and law of Allah in order to oppose creation of divine kingdom and to force the people to give up the ideology. Moreover initiating and promoting causes for wars is going to make matters worse than actual slaughter of people in its effects. Regardless your adversaries will not give up fighting you until they succeed in stopping you from installing the divine program, constitution and law if they could, nonetheless if any of you the parties is defeated in this struggle and it is forced to accept the old way of life, then whole of its struggle will come to nothing from the start to the finish and any that will become of those in agony therein it will remain far as long as it lives, so prepare well in every way to succeed in bringing about the divine kingdom to avoid all this.
It is made very clear in these verses that people should do all they can to ensure their movement achieves its goal because in case of failure consequences are going to be very serious to live with. The main point for people to remember is, their reason for starting a struggle. If the struggle is worth it only then go through with it and there is no sense in starting a struggle and then in the middle of the struggle giving it up. Think things through thoroughly before doing anything and never look back once you have initiated things till the goal is accomplished. The main step is not fighting by sword ie armed struggle but understanding the message in the Quran properly and then spreading it properly as far and wide as possible and that will bring masses together and when that happens, some people with vested interest may cause wars so be prepared for all eventualities to ensure victory because defeat will prove very damaging and destructive. War for the good of the mankind is allowed here but not war for power and wealth ie to loot and plunder other communities in order to enslave them and rob them of their possessions and dignity.
218) Surely those who commit to working for peace and those who migrate ideologically and physically and struggle for installing the rule of Allah they can look forward to blessings of Allah in form of peace, progress and prosperity, because Allah protects mankind from all their problems through His program, constitution and law.
219) They will need to know of you about fighting for acquiring the power and the wealth. Let them know, there is a grave harm in fighting for both of these ends because such fighting benefits only a tiny minority at the expense of the masses so benefits for going to wars for these like reasons are very limited for a tiny minority but there is much greater harm in it for the mankind. Moreover they will ask you, how hard should they struggle for benefiting each other? Tell them, at least as much as is sufficient for fulfilling the mission. That is how Allah makes His set goals and guidelines clear for you so that you may reflect on the end results of your courses of actions before you actually start doing things
Word KHAMR is from root KHAA, MEEM and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is influence. Something that takes control of or over powers something or covers something. Intoxication or something that arouses something or motivates something to do something. Anger or alcoholic drinks can undermine one’s ability to think properly so in way they take over one’s mind. Scarf that is used for covering head, to bear a grudge, to hide, to ferment, to leaven, to have power or influence over something etc etc.
MAISIR is from root YAA, SEEN and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is ease. To facilitate something, to divide something into sections, become lenient, to pave the way for, to accommodate, to become available, butcher, game of chance, gambling, to have wealth by wrong means etc etc.
This verse is not about forbidding alcoholic drinks and gambling but fighting for power and wealth in order to control and enslave others. A person is not necessarily drunk just because he drank an alcoholic drink but because one has power over others ie one is intoxicated with power. This does not mean there is no law for drinking in Islam but that is up to the Muslim SHOORA how it regulates a Muslim society. Nothing is forbidden just because it is a thing but because of effects of its use in society in a particular way. If use causes harm to society then community has to forbid things on those grounds that cause harm in the way they cause harm and not blanket ban. This also means alcoholic drinks are not forbidden totally in Islam under all circumstances in every way but only the way they prove harmful. The rule is very simple, where use of things proves beneficial for society that cannot be forbidden and where it proves harmful that cannot be declared lawful. Anything other than that is taking law of God into one’s own hands and that is living by rule of other than Allah, which is termed shirk in the Quranic context. That is taken as a major crime against humanity in law of Allah. In short, having a gun is unlawful in certain ways, administering poisons in certain way is unlawful, having sex is unlawful in certain ways and likewise having a drink or using drugs in certain ways is also unlawful.
The Quran does not allow anyone to use and abuse anyone by having any kind of power over any other person be it muscle power, mind power or wealth power. There is no imperialism, priesthood or capitalism in Islam. Islam is basically a proper rule of law from God for the good of humanity as a whole. Islam has no room for laws made by rulers, priests and money lenders to give advantage to themselves against masses in the name of God, religion, race, colour or country etc. This verse is about people setting up a mechanism to use and abuse each other eg loot and plunder weaker communities in the name of God which cannot defend themselves. Here the Quran is telling its followers before they set out on a missionary work what is expected of them ie no attacking weaker people for sake of looting and plundering them. Islam does not guide its followers towards getting their hands on wealth the easy way, instead it want all to work as hard as they can to ensure the community is doing well for itself. They are supposed to present themselves as an exemplary people for others to follow and not to be focus of hate of the rest of the world. This is why there is no need for Muslims to gamble with each other because whatever they have it is for all of them anyway. They can only compete with each other in a positive way to up lift themselves as a community.
220) from the start of the process to the end. They will also need to know from you how to deal with individuals and communities who come to join them. Tell them, it is best that you remove obstacles in their way to peaceful, progressive and prosperous life. That way you can become partners with them for the common good and become a bigger community after all they are your human and ideological brethren. Be warned! Allah will make obvious through your own actions in due course who intends to create fights among you by doing what is harmful and who intends to create peace between you by doing what is beneficial for you. Had Allah not intended your unity, peace, progress and prosperity, He could have left you on your own in your conflicts and painful suffering but Allah is mighty wise as a ruler of this kingdom, so follow His advice if you want to bring about the blissful kingdom for yourselves.
221) Therefore do not enter in brotherhood or partnership with any rival parties who fight for power and wealth unless they give it up and commit themselves to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind, because a community that commits to striving for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind is better than that which is based on rivalry no matter how attractive its proposal for contract and its way of life may seem to you. So do not enter in brotherhood or partnership with any rival individuals or groups who fight for power and wealth unless they give up this idea and commit themselves to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind. That is because any individual or group that works for peace, progress and prosperity of humanity is better than that which is based upon rivalry that goes for wars and corruption in the land even though its proposed contract and its way of life may seem attractive to you. Such people invite you to the life full of fire of hatred while Allah invites you towards blissful life that is free of manmade troubles by way of His openly declared plan. He makes His goals and guidelines clear for mankind so that they could become thoughtful and follow an appropriate course of action for bringing about a blissful world for themselves.
Word NIKAAH is from root NOON, KAAF and HAA, Concrete meaning of this root is agreement. A contract between involved parties for a purpose. Constitution is also a contract and an agreement between people who agree to abide by it. Marriage is also a contract between people who wish to become a married couple. Employment contract is also a contract. A contract can be between individuals as well as between groups or parties or communities etc etc.
222) Likewise they will need to know from you about bloodshed and corruption. Let them know, it is damaging and destructive for mankind therefore stay away from such parties that are suffering from internal strife and bloodshed through corruption so you should not join them until they become free of bloodshed and corruption. When they have freed themselves then you could join them according to terms and conditions Allah has advised you. Surely Allah supports those who turn to Him for His guidance and keep themselves free from what is harmful and destructive for mankind.
Word AL-MAHEED is from root HAA, YAA and DWAD. Concrete meaning of this root is overflow of blood or water due to bloodshed or flooding or human female menses or periodic flow of blood and debris from the uterus etc.
223) Moreover communities under your care are for you to train and civilise through disciplined education for your better future so approach your task field as you deem appropriate by taking decisive course of action for blissful future of all your people thereby demonstrate you meet all necessary requirements of Allah as set out about it and by so doing give hopeful news to those who are committed to striving for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind.
224) So never use the name of Allah for things opposite to His revelation to secure undue advantages in your legal contracts against each other to free yourselves from fulfilments of your set obligations to each other instead be consistent with program, constitution and law of Allah for the good of humanity thereby ensure peace between the mankind, for Allah is comprehensive in His observation and makes obvious in due course all that you do through results of your own actions.
Word AIMAAN is from root YAA, MEEM and NOON. Concrete meaning of this root is something that is right or proper eg legally binding or a legal right, a legal contract etc. To be on the right side of the law. To be legally in possession of something or be the legal owner of something or be legally responsible for something etc.
225) Allah does not approve of anything harmful or destructive in your legally binding contracts instead He holds you responsible for your legal contracts so that you enter your legal contracts with full presence of your minds with sense of responsibilities involved, because thereby Allah out of His kindness desires to relieve and protect you the mankind from your self-created quarrels and problems.
Word AL-LAGHWI is from root LAAM, GHAIN and WOW. Concrete meaning of this root is contrary to set out purpose. Aimless, useless, idle idea or action etc. When something is said or done contrary to what is required it only causes harm or destruction or demolishes the objective. In this verse because Allah wants people to build relationships and communities anything that goes against that spirit is just nonsense. In other words people are told; fulfil your responsibilities with full awareness or face consequences.
226) For those contracted as administrators to manage their communities they should be placed on trial basis for a few months to see how they fair. However if they are found to be consistent with their responsibilities then they should be kept on till the contract is complete, that is how Allah protects mankind against harm and destruction.
Word YULOONA is from root ALIF, LAAM and WOW/YAA. Concrete meaning of this root is fall short of. Short term, remiss, shortcoming, oath, swear, shine, lightening, sharpening, agitating, excited, yearning, family lies, pledge, covenant or favour etc. It also has another root ALIF, LAAM and LAAM as well.
Word TARABBAS is from root RAA, BAA and SWAD. Concrete meaning of this root is to sit in wait, assessment period, probation period, bide one’s time, be on the look-out, lurk, ambush, to wait something befall someone, to wait a chance to act, await some decision by somebody etc etc.
Word FAAOO is from root FAA,YAA and ALIF. Concrete meaning of this root is to continue, carry on or resume, recover, return, take shelter in the shade, movement of shade. This root also carries meanings of taxation, flock of birds, company of people, spoils of war etc etc.
227) But if they fall short of coping with their given task and communities decide to change the administrations yet they should refer to the constitution of Allah because Allah advises by taking into account concerns of all involved.
Word AL-TALAAQ is from root TWAA, LAAM and QAAF. Concrete meaning of this root is separation eg of two parties involves in a contract or relationship. To tear up, cut off, end, to bring forth shoots, to be generous, to set off eg an explosive, to set out eg a journey, to let go, to be free or divorce etc etc.
228) As for the outgoing administrations, they should keep themselves in place for three months at the end of their contract period so that replacement administrations could be found to take over smoothly as they leave. It is not lawful or fitting for the outgoing administrations that they should hide anything from the new administrations or communities that Allah has brought about through them to keep beneficial projects going and to prevent any harm if they are really committed to working for peace according to the constitution of Allah for the good end result for humanity. In case of good administrations their communities have the right to reinstate them if they too desire reinstatement. Although for the administration or the contracted party there are similar rights to those exercised against them in an equitable manner yet for the communities or contractors in them is an advantage as well because they have seen the results of their works, that is how Allah shows superiority of His advice and wisdom for the benefit of the mankind.
229) Reinstatement of the same administration for managing the community in a row should be twice only after that it should be judged whether it could be as good to continue as it has been otherwise it should be replaced the while it is still functioning honourably with new administration to keep things functioning as dignified as they have been. It is not lawful or fitting for the community to take anything back from their administration which they have given the administration for management as per constitutional requirements already agreed upon unless when something goes wrong and both the parties think that they may not be able to faithfully follow the limits set by Allah without altering the mutual contract with mutual agreement based on mutual benefit. Then if you the parties deem that both the parties will not be able to keep the limits of Allah then there is no blame if by mutual agreement each party involved in contract compensates the other party to obtain amicable settlement of the matter. These are the limits set by Allah so do not transgress them because those who transgress the limits of Allah they are the ones who are harmful and destructive for the human society.
230) However once the parties have settled the conflict, it is not lawful for either of the parties to put obstacle in the path of the other stopping it from entering another contract with another party but there is no harm if that party also ends its contract and the party becomes free to enter the contract with the earlier party again, provided they are sure enough about each other that they can work together thus keep the limits set by Allah. Such are the limits of Allah which He makes clear for the people for their understanding.
231) When you the parties have resolved the conflict between the parties or they have reached the end of their prescribed contract period then either renew contract allowing them to stay on with honour or let them go with kindness but in no way either of the parties should continue the contract to harm the other or to take undue advantage of the other, if any does that then that party destroys its consistency with rule of Allah for inflicting harm upon community. So never take constitutional obligations set by Allah as if they are of no consequence. Remember always the favour of Allah upon you in form of His program, constitution and law and the fact that He sent the book to make you wise by advising you thereby to keep you consistent. So be consistent with set program of Allah and know that Allah makes evident all things for your benefit.
232) So when you have separated parties because they have reached the end of their contract period then let them be free and do not prevent them from entering new contracts with former or new parties if they have come to a mutually honourable agreement. This is enjoined on everyone amongst you who claims to have committed to working for peace according to the program, constitution and law of Allah for the beneficial end result for all involved. This way of conflict resolution gets rid of troubles for you and is consistent with rule of Allah for the benefit of humanity that is why Allah makes things obvious for people because they know them not.
233) As for those who want to nurture contractual relationships to the utmost degree they should do so in both cases regardless parties stay in contract or not. The mutually agreed reasonable cost, wage or compensation for their maintenance should be responsibility of the community as a whole. No party should be charged with responsibility for more than they can really handle and deliver. Neither community should be made to suffer on account of its individual, nor an individual on account of its group or community. The inheritors of this arrangement are under the same obligation but if by mutual agreement both parties decide to terminate arrangement then there is no blame on either of them. If you decide to have alternative arrangements for maintenance of your individuals there is no blame on you provided you maintain the standard that you have agreed to uphold or to make it available in an honourable way. Be consistent with manifesto, constitution and law of Allah and with each other that is why Allah makes obvious for you all that you need to do.
234) So those of your administrations or parties who have fulfilled their constitutional obligations to their communities and want to further develop their people by bringing prosperity to them to bring about a yet better society even after their contract has expired there should not be placed any obstacle in their way by you the society so that they could voluntarily do whatever good they think they can do for the society in their own capacity and remember Allah is aware of all that you need to do.
235) Moreover there should not be any obstacle in your path if any parties among you make any proposal known to any other party in the community for a new contract the while the other party is still engaged waiting for expiry of its existing contract or meanwhile just keep the matter among yourselves till the other party is free. Allah will make it known to them in due course that you meant to strive for their betterment but never enter any contracts regarding community in private or secret instead speak to the other party openly in an honourable manner. No matter what do not confirm the contract until the engaged party is free to enter the new contract at the end of its contractual period. You are being alerted that Allah will make obvious what is in your hearts and minds about each other as a community, so be consistent with His constitution and be aware also about the fact that Allah is consistent in giving relief and protection from their self created problems.
236) There should be no restriction in your way if you decide to terminate contracts even before the terms are agreed between you if you change your minds. In that case compensate the other party appropriately for its part, with more than what it deserves or at least with what it deserves. This is necessary to do for those who like doing good for others.
237) And if you have to terminate a contract before the expiry of the contract but after the fixation of terms and conditions in the contract then party terminating the contract should give the other party half of that which is mutually agreed unless the other party decides to waive its right and the terminating party also foregoes its rights. To forego is more fitting in such unforeseen situations because you should not forget to show kindness to each other to have and to keep a good society. Surely Allah looks at the end results of your actions and advises you appropriately.
238) Therefore you should stand guard over all the terms and conditions of the mutually agreed contracts for sake of peace and prosperity of yourselves as a society but particularly over the pivotal set of terms and conditions in form of Our program, constitution and law and fulfil for Allah with all due care the obligations therein for the goal of peace, progress and prosperity.
239) So if you are concerned about well being of humanity then set up a proper administration or organise people properly and when you have done that then strive hard to spread the message of Allah as He has taught you which you knew not before.
240) Moreover those charged with fulfilment of constitutional obligations from among you so that they lead fellow communities to peace, progress and prosperity they should assist their communities to better their environment without causing them to leave their settlements, but if any of them leave on their own decision then there is no blame on you for what they choose to do for themselves in a way that is appropriate for them but not detrimental to others. That is how Allah demonstrates His strength and wisdom for the benefit of the mankind.
241) Reasonable provisions must also be made for communities settled at a distance. That is an obligation upon those who want to be consistent with constitution of Allah and the fellow human beings.
242) That is how Allah makes His goals and guidelines clear for you so that you may learn sense and follow what is proper.
In these verses people are advised that if they like the divine program then they should come together and form organisations and regulate themselves as communities ensuring all is going well and then concentrate on spreading the same message for the benefit of other communities in the world. People are told to choose individuals for administrations very carefully and even after choosing them set up for them a probationary period to ensure they can deliver all community needs. If they cannot replace them otherwise let them continue for the full term. There is no harm in letting them continue for a second term if they are found to be functioning fine. However third term should not be allowed for various reasons eg this could make community dependent on particular people which kills ambitions in others or that although people have functioned fine so far but they could become slack and so corruption could enter the system. If people did something wrong new administrations could find out so there are various advantages in keep changing administrations. There are also advantages in keeping same administrations because you are already aware of people and you know they are capable because they have delivered the needs of the communities etc etc. This is why the whole thing is left to people themselves to do as they see fit but all must be ready to take over at any time if need be. People must be trained for administration work so that community is never without very capable people who can take communities forward. The Quran does not allow idleness or slackness or laziness in people instead at all times it expects them to be up to set standard by keeping training programs in place and telling all to be fully trained and ready for all eventualities. It is because no community can be peaceful unless it makes progress and there is no progress unless a community is prosperous ie it has all it needs and more. This is how people ought to manage manpower and resources provided by Allah. So one can see it is not easy to be a follower of the Quranic program. Islam is not at all about make beliefs and ritualism and baseless laws that debase humanity.
243) Why don’t you reflected upon mindset, attitude and behaviour of Israelites who numbered in thousands yet left their homes fearing death and destruction? So Allah said to them, stop living the way you do and reform. Thus He revived them as a nation by way of revelation based organised training. Surely it is Allah who bestows knowledge upon people yet most of the people learn and act not upon that knowledge to benefit themselves and show others its benefits.
Word ULOOF is from root ALIF, LAAM and FAA. Concrete meaning of this root is community spirit or something that helps things join together as a community or a group of some sort for some purpose. Loyalty, love and affection, a number equal to one thousand, to get intimate, soften up, to get accustomed, mate, to habituate etc etc.
This verse tells people to look at what happens to a people who lose sight of proper way of living in this world ie they become useless having no sense of purpose so they become lazy and crazy lacking community spirit. Eventually there comes a time when life for such people becomes a burden and gradually they are trapped into more and more problems and become overwhelmed because of their wrong attitude and behaviour towards knowledge and creativity that keeps a community alive and kicking. If a people want to live on they have no choice but to learn how to stay alive. Unless a people have what it takes to survive they do not survive. A community only lives on if it enables itself to be able to take care of its needs and wants. Failing that it is only matter of time when death and destruction takes over. When people do not produce they have nothing to distribute and whatever little is there people fight over it like dogs and so death and destruction sets in. People may also leave homes to look for living elsewhere where they can find food and water or shelter etc. However sometimes people may wake up in time and start making right efforts that may help them come back to life as a nation.
244) So strive like those Israelites did for the rule of Allah and be aware that Allah advises you by looking at the results of your actions.
The advice of Allah is not like the advice of one blind person to the other blind person but that Allah has in his mind the end result of peoples’ actions if they acted on his advice. Not only that they will also start seeing the fruits of their labour along the way, which should give them more and more confidence in doing things that way. It is same with a person who plans a business and then turns it into reality and gradually he begins to see whether his idea is working or not. If working then fine otherwise see what is wrong and keep readjusting till the result is what one expects. Dead people and communities don’t think and don’t plan so they have nothing to work towards to turn anything into a great reality.
245) So which of the people feel indebted with advice of Allah and will act upon it properly to benefit from it so that Allah rewards their effort many folds? That is how Allah controls and distributes things according to His set out system and laws therefore to His program, constitution and law alone you all should refer to for your guidance.
246) Have you not reflected upon the chiefs and priests of children of Israel after Moses? They said to their messenger; appoint for us a leader to strive for installation of rule of Allah. The prophet replied; what if you refuse to strive when you are told to do so? They replied, how can we refuse to strive for the rule of Allah when we have been deprived of our homes and our fundamental human needs and wants? Yet when they were commanded to strive they all refused except a minority of them. That is how Allah makes obvious for the people to see those who contravene His commandments.
When a community goes to sleep and goes downhill sometimes some people in it wake up and start looking for ways to reverse the situation. The first thing they need to reverse situation is community spirit which needs to be rekindled. The divine revelation is the only thing that can do that because it gives a people proper goal and guidelines for unity and encouragement and confidence to work together through trusting each other and helping each other. But not all have sense to see this so people need to be educated to this level and once they become aware then there is nothing to stop them from peaceful, progressive and prosperous life.
247) Yet controversy between them began when their prophet told them Allah has appointed Talut to be your leader. The chiefs replied, how can he be fit for position of leadership when some of us are more deserving than him to be in position of leadership because he does not have abundance of wealth? The prophet said, Allah has chosen him instead of you because He has found him blessed with sense of proper understanding of a wide range of issues relating state affairs and due to being solid in character because he acts on what he promises. That is how Allah grants His kingdom to whoever acts to take it, for Allah decides matters according to results of peoples’ actions.
Word BASTATAN is from root BAA, SEEN and MEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is body eg a wide body of knowledge, a wide expanse or open space, body stature of a person etc etc.
248) Furthermore their prophet told them the proof of his proper appointment as a leader is that he will bring forth of you such a group of people in which will be the ability to carry out commandments of your creator and sustainer with confidence, thus will be restored that which the people of Moses and the people of Aaron left behind a duty to be carried out by the people charged with divine mission. Surely therein is a proof for you if you are truly committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity.
This verse is tells us when a divine messenger comes to a people and puts them on the proper course of actions called ADDEEN, sometime after him his people become slack and lose track and sense of purpose of things so things start going wrong till they reach a point where it is for people themselves to do or die. However, if they do instead of die then first thing they do is work on their unity to be a proper community and then work together to restore divine rule that gives them a dignified life once more till they repeat the mistake.
249) So when TaLut began to gather his forces to train them, he lectured his forces that Allah guides you through sea of fire of hatred and bloodshed between yourselves so any who takes part in it will cease to be part of my forces but any who will not participate in sea of fire of hatred and bloodshed amongst ourselves except a little out of necessity of survival shall be part of my forces. However when it came to class and creed based sectarian infighting all participated therein save a minority of them. So when he and those who claimed to be committed to working for peace with him crossed this river of fire of hatred based bloodshed some of them said that we have no strength left by this day to fight against Goliath and his warriors but those who were really committed to working for peace who knew they will have to match the standard set by Allah replied, it has often happened that a small group through support of program of Allah has overcome a mighty army. That is how Allah inspires with ideas those who train to be steadfast.
In this verse it is made very clear that for a people to be a community and to defend itself against outside enemy, it has to be first united within and that means all divisions within itself must be given up and that is impossible without divine revelation and its proper understanding. However once the unity is achieved then fighting outside enemies is not a problem because confident people who are fighting for a cause that is worth it cannot be defeated. A great lesson for those who claim to follow the Quran.
Last edited by Mughal
on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:01 am, edited 22 times in total.
- Posts: 385
- Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:45 am
- Location: Islamabad & Glasgow
Dont forget these while you are at it Mughal.Two can play your silly game. This is the REAL Koran. Just a thought but why have we got so many Mohammedan hit and run SPAMMERS and a couple of complete idiots on here now none of whom will engage in serious debate?
1. "Show us the straight path, The path of those whom Thou hast favoured; Not the (path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray."
Muslims generally interpret "those whom Allah has favored," "those who earn Allah's anger," and "those who go astray" as Muslims, Jews, and Christians, respectively. 1:6-7
2. Don't bother to warn the disbelievers. Allah has blinded them. Theirs will be an awful doom. 2:6
3. Allah has sickened their hearts. A painful doom is theirs because they lie. 2:10
4. Allah has blinded the disbelievers. 2:17-18
5. A fire has been prepared for the disbelievers, whose fuel is men and stones. 2:24
6. Disbelievers will be burned with fire. 2:39, 2:90
7. Allah stamped wretchedness upon the Jews because they killed the prophets and disbelieved Allah's revelations. 2:61
8. Allah turned the Sabbath-breaking Jews into apes. 2:65-66
9. If you believe in only part of the Scripture, you will suffer in this life and go to hell in the next. 2:85
10. Allah has cursed them for their unbelief. 2:88
11. The curse of Allah is on disbelievers. 2:89
12. Jews are the greediest of all humankind. They'd like to live 1000 years. But they are going to hell. 2:96
13. Allah is an enemy to the disbelievers. 2:98
14. Only evil people are disbelievers. 2:99
15. For disbelievers is a painful doom. 2:104
16. Don't question anything Muhammed says or choose disbelief over faith. 2:108
17. "But those who keep their duty to Allah will be above them [non-muslims] on the Day of Resurrection." 2:212
18. For unbelievers: ignominy in this world, an awful doom in the next. 2:114
19. "And thou wilt not be asked about the owners of hell-fire." (They are the non-muslims.) 2:119
20. Disbelievers are losers. 2:121
21. Allah will leave the disbelievers alone for a while, but then he will compel them to the doom of Fire. 2:126
22. "Who forsaketh the religion of Abraham save him who befooleth himself?"
Cited in the Hamas Charter (Article 27) to condemn the idea of a secular state. 2:130
23. Those who reject the proofs, are accursed of Allah. 2:159
24. Those who die disbelievers, are cursed by Allah, angels, and men. 2:161
25. The doom of the disbelievers will not be lightened. 2:162
26. They will not emerge from the Fire. 2:167
27. Disbelievers will be deaf, dumb, and blind. 2:171
28. Those who hide the Scripture will have their bellies eaten with fire. Theirs will be a painful doom. 2:174
29. How constant are they in their strife to reach the Fire! 2:175
30. Believers must retaliate. Those who transgress will have a painful doom. 2:178
31. Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. If they attack you, then kil them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. (But if they desist in their unbelief, then don't kill them.) 2:191-2
32. Fight them until "religion is for Allah." 2:193
33. Those who fail in their duty to Allah are proud and sinful. They will all go to hell. 2:206
34. War is ordained by Allah, and all Muslims must be willing to fight, whether they like it or not. 2:216
35. Those who die in their disbelief will burn forever in the Fire. 2:217
36. Intermarriage is forbidden. 2:221
37. The disbelievers, they are the wrong-doers. 2:254
38. Disbelievers worship false gods. The will burn forever in the Fire. 2:257
39. Allah does not guide disbelievers. 2:264
40. "Give us victory over the disbelieving folk." 2:286
41. Those who disbelieve the revelations of Allah, theirs will be a heavy doom. 3:4
42. Those who disbelieve will be fuel for the Fire. 3:10
43. Those who disbelieve shall be overcome and gathered unto Hell. 3:12
44. Non-muslims will be punished by Allah for their nonbelief. 3:19
45. "If they surrender, then truly they are rightly guided, and if they turn away, then it is thy duty only to convey the message."
(The message for those who won't surrender is "you're going to hell.") 3:20
46. Those who disbelieve, promise them a painful doom. 3:21
47. "They [Christians and Jews] say: The Fire will not touch us save for a certain number of days. That which they used to invent hath deceived them regarding their religion." (The Fire will burn them forever.) 3:24
48. Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. 3:28
49. Allah loveth not the disbelievers. 3:32
50. Allah will punish disbelievers in this world and the next. They will have no helpers. 3:56
51. Don't believe anyone who is not a Muslim. 3:73
52. Theirs will be a painful doom. 3:77
53. All non-Muslims will be rejected by Allah after they die. 3:85
54. Apostates will be cursed by Allah, angels, and men. They will have a painful doom. 3:86-88
55. Disbelievers will have a painful doom. And they will have no helpers. 3:91
56. Disbelievers will have their faces blackened on the last day. They will face an awful doom. 3:105-6
57. Muslims are the best people. Most Non-muslims are "evil-livers." 3:110
58. Those who disbelieve will be burnt in the Fire. 3:116
59. Don't be friends with non-Muslims. They all hate you and want to ruin you. 3:118
60. The Fire is prepared for disbelievers. 3:131
61. Give us victory over the disbelieving folk. 3:147
62. Do not obey disbelievers. 3:149
63. We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Their habitation is the Fire 3:151
64. "Is one who followeth the pleasure of Allah as one who hath earned condemnation from Allah, whose habitation is the Fire?"
Unbelievers will burn forever in the Fire. 3:162
65. Theirs will be an awful doom. 3:176
66. Disbelievers do not harm Allah, but will have a painful doom. 3:177
67. Disbelievers will go to Hell. 3:196
68. Those who disobey Allah and his messenger will be burnt with fire and suffer a painful doom. 4:14
69. For the disbelievers and those who make a last-minute conversion, Allah has prepared a painful doom. 4:18
70. For disbelievers, We prepare a shameful doom. 4:37
71. "Allah has cursed them for their disbelief, so they believe not." 4:46
72. Christians and Jews must believe what Allah has revealed to Muhammad or Allah will disfigure their faces or turn them into apes, as he did the Sabbath-breakers. (See 2:65-66) 4:47
73. Those who ascribe a partner to Allah (like Christians do with Jesus and the Holy Spirit) will not be forgiven. They have "invented a tremendous sin." 4:48, 4:116
74. Those who invent lies about Allah are guilty of flagrant sin. 4:50
75. Jews and Christians believe in idols and false deities, yet they claim to be more rightly guided than Muslims. 4:51
76. "Those (Christians and Jews) are they whom Allah hath cursed." 4:52
77. Hell is sufficient for their burning. 4:55
78. Unbelievers will be tormented forever with fire. When their skin is burned off, a fresh skin will be provided. 4:56
79. Those who refuse to follow Muhammad, follow false gods and are deceived by Satan. 4:60
80. Those who refuse to believe what Allah has revealed to Muhammad are hypocrites. 4:61
81. Oppose and admonish those who refuse to follow Muhammad. 4:63
82. The hypocrites refuse to die for Allah and Muhammad. 4:66
83. Those who obey Allah and Muhammad are favored by Allah. They are the best company. 4:69
84. Allah will bestow a vast reward on those who fight in religious wars. 4:74
85. Believers fight for Allah; disbelievers fight for the devil. So fight the minions of the devil. 4:76
86. Allah casts the hypocrites back to disbelief. Don't try to guide those that Allah sends astray. 4:88
87. Have no unbelieving friends. Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them. 4:89
88. If the unbelievers do not offer you peace, kill them wherever you find them. Against such you are given clear warrant. 4:91
89. Believers shouldn't kill believers, unless by mistake. If you kill a believer by mistake, you must set free a believing slave. 4:92
90. Believers who kill believers will go to hell. 4:93
91. The disbelievers are an open enemy to you. 4:101
92. For the disbelievers, Allah has prepared a shameful punishment. 4:102
93. Relent not in pursuit of the enemy. They have no hope from Allah. 4:104
94. Those who oppose the messenger and become unbelievers will go to hell. 4:115
95. They (those who ascribe partners to Allah) invoke in his stead only females and pray to Satan. 4:117
96. Allah will lead them astray and they will go to hell. 4:119-121
97. Those who believe, then disbelieve, then believe and disbelieve again will never be forgiven by Allah. 4:137
98. For the hypocrites there will be a painful doom. 4:138
99. Allah will gather hypocrites and disbelievers into hell. 4:140
100. Allah will not allow disbelievers to succeed against believers. 4:141
101. Do not choose disbelievers as friends. 4:144
102. The hypocrites will be in the lowest part of hell and no one will help them there. 4:145
103. You must believe everything Allah and his messengers tell you. Those who don't are disbelievers and will face a painful doom. 4:150-151
104. For the wrongdoing Jews, Allah has prepared a painful doom. 4:160-1
105. God will guide disbelievers down a road that leads to everlasting hell. 4:168-169
106. Those who deny Islam will be losers in the Hereafter. 5:5
107. Disbelievers are the rightful owners of Hell. 5:10
108. Allah has cursed the Jews and hardened their hearts. Nearly all of them are treacherous. 5:12-13
109. Allah has stirred up enmity and hatred among Christians. 5:14
110. Christians are disbelievers for believing in the divinity of Christ. 5:17
111. Those who make war with Allah and his messenger will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. That is how they will be treated in this world, and in the next they will have an awful doom. 5:33
112. Disbelievers will have a painful doom. 5:36
113. Disbelievers will want to come out of the Fire, but will not. Their will be a lasting doom. 5:37
114. Cut off the hands of thieves. It is an exemplary punishment from Allah. 5:38
115. Allah makes some people sin. He will not cleanse their hearts. They will have ignominy in this world, and in the Hereafter an awful doom. 5:41
116. Non-muslims are wrong doers. 5:45
117. Don't take Jews or Christians for friends. If you do, then Allah will consider you to be one of them. 5:51
118. Jews and Christians are losers. 5:53
119. Allah could replace nonbelievers with believers who would love him and do whatever he says. 5:54
120. Your only friends should be Allah, Muhammad, and those who believe correctly (Muslims). 5:55
121. Don't choose Jews, Christians, or disbelievers as guardians. 5:57
122. Jews and Christians are evil-livers. 5:59
123. Evil is the handiwork of the rabbis and priests. 5:63
124. Allah has cast enmity and hatred among the Jews. 5:64
125. Allah does not guide disbelievers. 5:67
126. The Jews rejected and killed Allah's prophets, since "they were wilfully blind and deaf." 5:70-71
127. Christians will be burned in the Fire. 5:72
128. Christians are wrong about the Trinity. For that they will have a painful doom. 5:73
129. Muslims that make friends with disbelievers will face a doom prepared for them by Allah. 5:80
130. Disbelievers will be owners of hell-fire. 5:86
131. Allah will test believers to see if they are afraid. Those who fail a second test will suffer a a painful doom. 5:94
132. After agreeing to send down a table of food from heaven, Jesus warns his disciples that will catch holy hell if they ever stop believing. 5:115
133. Those who deny the truth of Islam will be punished by Allah. 6:5
134. "See the nature of the consequence for the rejecters!" 6:11
135. "Those who ruin their souls will not believe." 6:12, 20
136. Disbelievers will say when they see the Fire that they would have believed if they had known the truth. But they are all liars. 6:27-28
137. Allah will torment those how deny his revelations. 6:49
138. Stay away from those who "meddle with" or mock the Quran. 6:68
139. Those who disbelieve will be forced to drink boiling water, and will face a painful doom. 6:70
140. When nonbelievers die, the angels will deliver to them doom and degradation. 6:93
141. Stay away from idolaters. 6:106
142. Allah confounds the hearts and eyes of unbelievers. 6:110
143. Most unbelievers are ignorant. 6:111
144. Allah allows some to disbelieve in the afterlife, and to take pleasure in their disbelief, so that he can torment them forever after they die. 6:113
145. The worst thing anyone can do is deny the revelations of Allah. Those who do so will be awared an evil doom. 6:157
146. Disbelievers lose their souls. 7:9
147. Allah has made devils the protecting friends of disbeliveers. 7:27
148. Disbelievers choose devils as protecting friends and believe they are rightly guided. 7:30
149. Only believers go to heaven. 7:32
150. Allah forbids beliefs that he hasn't revealed (i.e., all non-muslim beliefs). 7:33
151. Disbelievers are the rightful owners of the Fire. 7:36
152. Disbelief is the greatest evil. 7:37
153. Disbelievers will be excluded from heaven. Theirs will be a bed of hell. 7:40-41
154. Those in the fire will be taunted by those in the Garden. "So how's it going down there? Are you enjoying the warmth of the Fire?" 7:44
155. Those in the Fire will cry out to those in heaven, saying: "Pour water on us." But Allah has forbidden that to disbelievers. 7:50
156. Those who forget Allah will be forgotten (sent to hell) on Judgement Day. 7:51
157. Serve Allah or go to hell. 7:59
158. Allah drowned everyone on earth (except Noah and his family) because they disbelieved. 7:64
159. Disbelievers are liars. 7:66
160. Those who believe incorrectly will face the terror and wrath of Allah. 7:71
161. "We cut the root of those who denied Our revelations and were not believers." 7:72
162. Allah killed the disbelievers with an earthquake. 7:78
163. Allah killed everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah except Lot and his daughters.
164. "So the earthquake seized them."
Allah killed the disbelievers with an earthquake. 7:90-91
165. "Then We seized them unawares, when they perceived not."
Unbelievers are never safe from Allah's wrath. 7:95-99
166. "How can I sorrow for a people that rejected (truth)?"
Shu'eyb tells the Allah's victims that they deserved to die for rejecting Islam. 7:93
167. "We drowned them in the sea: because they denied Our revelations." 7:136
168. Allah will destroy non-muslim cultures. 7:138-9
169. "Those who deny Our revelations and the meeting of the Hereafter, their works are fruitless." 7:147
170. Those who worship the calf will suffer terror and humiliation from Allah. 7:152
171. "Those who believe in him, and honour him, and help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him: they are the successful." 7:157
172. "But those of them who ... changed the word ... We sent down upon them wrath from heaven." 7:162
173. "When they forgot that whereof they had been reminded, We ... visited [them] with dreadful punishment." 7:165
174. Allah turns Jews into apes! 7:166
175. Allah will punish the disbelieving Jews until the Day of Resurrection. 7:167
176. Those who deny Muhammad's revelations are like dogs. 7:176
177. Those who deny Muhammad's revelation are evil. 7:177
178. Stay away from those who blaspheme Allah's names. They will be punished for it. 7:180
179. Allah leads astray those who deny his revelations. 7:182-3
180. "Allah ... cut the root of the disbelievers."
Allah destroyed the unbelievers. 8:7
181. Allah will throw fear into the hearts of the disbelievers, and smite their necks and fingers. 8:12
182. Disbelievers will be tormented in the Fire. 8:14
183. When you fight with disbelievers, do not retreat. Those who do will go to hell. 8:15-16
184. Those that the Muslims killed were not really killed by them. It was Allah who did the killing. 8:17
185. "The worst of beasts in Allah's sight are the deaf, the dumb, who have no sense [the non-muslims]." 8:22
186. Taste of the doom because ye disbelieve. 8:35
187. Those who disbelieve will be gathered into hell. 8:36
188. Fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah. 8:39
189. The angels smite the face and backs of disbelievers, saying: "Taste the punishment of burning!" 8:50
190. The worst beasts in Allah's sight are the disbelievers. 8:55
191. Don't let the disbelievers think they can escape. They are your enemy and the enemy of Allah. 8:59-60
192. Exhort the believers to fight. They will win easily, because disbelievers are without intelligence. 8:65
193. A prophet may not take captives until he has made a slaughter in the land. 8:67
194. Disbelievers cause confusion and "corruption in the land." 8:73
195. "Ye cannot escape Allah. Allah will confound the disbelievers." 9:2
196. Give tidings (O Muhammad) of a painful doom to those who disbelieve. 9:3
197. Slay the idolaters wherever you find them. 9:5
198. Those who submit and convert to Islam will be treated well. (Those who don't submit will be killed. See previous verse.) 9:6
199. Don't make treaties with non-Muslims. They are all evildoers and should not be trusted. 9:7-9
200. Treat converts to Islam well. (Kill those who refuse to convert. See 9:5) 9:11
201. Fight the disbelievers! Allah is on your side; he will give you victory. 9:12-14
202. Don't let idolaters tend the sanctuaries. Their works are in vain and they will be burned in the Fire. 9:17
203. Don't make be friends with with your disbelieving family members. Those who do so are wrong-doers. 9:23
204. Allah punished those who disbelieved. 9:26
205. Only idolaters are unclean. Keep them away from your places of worship. 9:28
206. Fight against Christians and Jews "until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low." 9:29
207. Christians and Jews are perverse. Allah himself fights against them. 9:30
208. The "Religion of Truth" (Islam) must prevail, by force if necessary, over all other religions. 9:33
209. Give tidings (O Muhammad) of a painful doom to the rich and greedy Christian monks and Jewish rabbis. 9:34
210. Allah does not guide the disbelievers. 9:37
211. Fight for Allah with your wealth and whatever weapons are available to you. 9:41
212. Those who refuse to fight for Allah (claiming they are unable) are liars who have destroyed their souls. 9:42
213. Disbelievers go to hell. 9:49
214. "Allah will afflict you with a doom from Him or at our hands." 9:52
215. Pay your contribution willingly. Allah will not accept a contribution from disbelievers or idlers. 9:53
216. Those who vex the Prophet, for them there is a painful doom. 9:60
217. Allah is only pleased by true believers. 9:62
218. Those who oppose Allah and His messenger will burn in the fire of hell. 9:63
219. Allah promises hypocrites and disbelievers the fire of hell. Allah curses them. They will have a lasting torment. 9:68
220. Fight the disbelievers and hypocrites. Be harsh with them. They are all going to hell anyway. 9:73
221. Allah will afflict disbelievers with a painful doom in this world and the Hereafter. 9:74
222. God will not forgive disbelievers, so don't ask. 9:80
223. Those who refuse to give their wealth and lives to Allah will face the fire of hell. 9:81-83
224. Don't pray for dead disbelievers or attend their funerals. 9:84
225. Those who refuse to fight for Allah will be treated (along with their children) as unbelievers. 9:85
226. For disbelievers there will be a painful doom. 9:90
227. Non-muslim who pretend to believe (so they won't be killed by Muslims) are unclean and will go to hell. 9:95
228. The unbelieving Arabs will be punished by Allah with an evil fortune. 9:97-98
229. "We shall chastise them twice; then they will be relegated to a painful doom." 9:101
230. Stay away from non-Muslims. They are all liars. 9:107
231. Those that ignore Allah will be thown into the fire of hell. 9:109
232. Believers must fight for Allah. They must kill and be killed , and are bound to do so by the Torah, Gospel, and Quran. But Allah will reward them for it. 9:111
233. Don't pray for idolaters (not even for your family) after it is clear they are people of hell-fire. 9:113
234. Abraham disowned his father for being an enemy of Allah. 9:114
235. Fight disbelievers who are near you, and let them see the harshness in you. 9:123
236. Disbelievers are wicked and have diseased hearts. 9:125
237. Allah turns away those who misunderstand him. 9:127
238. Disbelievers will have a boiling drink and a painful doom. 10:4
239. If you enjoy life and ignore Muhammad's baloney, Allah will torture you forever in the Fire after you die. 10:7-8
240. Allah has destoyed entire generations. 10:13
241. Denying the revelations of Allah is the worst sin imaginable. 10:17
242. "Ignominy overtaketh them - They have no protector from Allah - as if their faces had been covered with a cloak of darkest night. Such are rightful owners of the Fire." 10:27
243. On the last day Allah will kill all the disbelievers (and then he will torture them forever in hell). 10:45
244. Those who disbelieved will face a dreadful doom. 10:70
245. Allah drowned those who disbelieved his revelations. 10:73
246. Moses asked Allah to harden the hearts of the Egyptians so that they would not believe until they saw the painful doom. 10:88
247. If you deny the revelations of Allah, you will be among the losers and will "see the painful doom." 10:95-97
248. Disbelievers will end up in the Fire. 11:17
249. Those who oppose Islam and disbelieve in the Hereafter are guilty of the greatest wrong. 11:18-19
250. Allah sent a lasting doom on those who mocked Noah. 11:39
251. Those who drowned in the flood were disbelievers. 11:42
252. Allah will send a painful doom on several nations. 11:48
253. Disbelievers are the rightful owners of the Fire 13:5
254. Allah does not hear the prayer of disbelievers. 13:14
255. Those who do not answer Allah's call will go to hell. 13:18
256. Allah leads disbelievers astry while he torments them in this life. Then afterh they die, he makes them uffer even more pain in the doom of the Hereafter. 13:33-34
257. The reward for disbelievers is the Fire. 13:35
258. Woe unto the disbelievers. Theirs will be an awful doom. 14:2
259. "Lo! for wrong-doers is a painful doom." 14:22
260. "They set up rivals to Allah that they may mislead (men) from His way. Say: Enjoy life (while ye may) for lo! your journey's end will be the Fire." 14:30
261. Let the disbelievers enjoy life and let false hope beguile them. They will come to know! 15:2-3
262. "The disbelievers would not be tolerated." 15:8
263. Iblis will lead humans astray. Only perfect Muslims will be safe from him. The rest will go to hell. 15:39-43
264. Those who don't believe in the Hereafter are proud. 16:22
265. Allah made a roof fall in to kill unbelievers. "And the doom came on them whence they knew not." 16:26
266. Disbelievers are evil and will dwell in hell forever. 16:27-29
267. Disbelievers are liars. 16:39
268. Theirs will be the Fire, and they will be abandoned." 16:62
269. "Theirs will be a painful doom." 16:63
270. Allah will add doom to doom for those who disbelieve. 16:88
271. Those who oppose Islam will face an awful doom. 16:94
272. Those who loose their faith in Islam will face an awful doom. Allah's wrath is upon them. 16:106
273. Those who invent lies against Allah will have a painful doom. 16:116-7
274. Allah made hell to be a dungeon for disbelievers. 17:8
275. Allah has prepared a painful doom for those who disbelieve in the Hereafter. 17:10
276. Allah destroyed entire towns. 17:16
277. How many generations Allah has destroyed since Noah! 17:17
278. Allah intends to burn people in hell. 17:18
279. "Set not up with Allah any other god, lest thou be cast into hell." 17:39
280. Allah makes it so that unbelievers cannot understand. 17:45-46
281. Allah will send disbelievers astray. Then he'll burn them in hell, increasing the flames from time to time. 17:97-98
282. "He maketh none to share in His government."
Democracy is heresy. Allah shares his government with no one. 18:26
283. Allah has prepared a Fire for the disbelievers. When they want a shower, Allah will give them a shower of molten lead to burn their faces. 18:29
284. Christians will cry out to Allah's "partners", but they won't hear them; Allah will send them to their doom. 18:52
285. The worst wrong is to forget Allah's revelations. Allah covers their hearts and makes them deaf so that they will never believe the truth. 18:57
286. On a certain day, Allah will present hell, in plain view, to the disbelievers. 18:100
287. Allah will welcome the disbelievers into hell. 18:102
288. The good works of disbelievers are all in vain. They will go to hell anyway. 18:104-105
289. Hell is the reward for disbelievers because they made a jest of Allah's revelations and messengers. 18:106
290. "Woe unto the disbelievers from the meeting of an awful Day."
Jesus was not the Son of God. Those who say he was (Christians) are going to hell. 19:35-37
291. Allah will pluck out from every sect those who should burn in hell. 19:69-70
292. Allah will prolong the lives of non-believers so they can see their punishment, either in this world or in the Hour of doom. 19:75
293. Allah will record what disbelievers say and then prolong their torment. 19:77-79
294. Allah has sent the devils on the disbelievers to confuse them. 19:83
295. Allah will "drive the guilty unto hell, a weary herd." 19:86
296. Lo! it hath been revealed unto us that the doom will be for him who denieth and turneth away." 20:48
297. Those who do not believe Allah's revelations will face doom in the Hereafter. 20:127
298. Allah destroyed entire towns, yet the people still disbelieved. 21:6
299. "And one of them who should say: Lo! I am a god beside Him, that one We should repay with hell." 21:29
300. Disbelievers will not be able to put out the fire on their faces and backs. They will be stupefied and no one will help them. 21:39-40
301. The disbelievers will stare in terror at what Allah has in store for them. 21:97-99
302. Those who turn from the way of Allah will face ignominy in this world and burning in the next. 22:9
303. Whoever thinks that Allah will not give Muhammad victory should go hang himself. 22:15
304. Disbelievers will wear garments of fire, boiling fluid will be poured on their heads, their bellies and skin will be melted, they will be tormented with iron hooks, and when they try to escape they will be driven back with the taunt: Taste the doom of burning. 22:19-22
305. Allah will provide the disbelievers with a painful doom. 22:25
306. Those who disregard Allah's revelations are the owners of the Fire. 22:51
307. "Those who disbelieve will not cease to be in doubt thereof until the Hour come upon them unawares, or there come unto them the doom of a disastrous day." 22:55
308. Those who disbelieve Allah's revelations will have a shameful doom. 22:57
309. Those who disbelieve Allah's revelations will burn in the Fire. 22:72
310. Those who don't believe in the Hereafter will receive extreme punishment from Allah. 23:74-77
311. Disbelievers will not be successful. 23:117
312. Those who traduce virtuous, believing women ... cursed are they in the world and the Hereafter. Theirs will be an awful doom." 24:23
313. Disbelievers are miscreants. 24:55
314. Disbelievers will never escape the Fire that will be their home. 24:57
315. The only true believers are those who believe in Allah and his messenger. 24:62
316. Those who deny the coming of the Hour will be chained together and burned with fire. They will pray for their own destruction. 25:11-13
317. It will be a hard day for disbelievers and wrong-doers. They will gnaw on their hands and wish they had chosen Islam. 25:26-27
318. Those who deny Muhammad's revelations will be destroyed. 25:36
319. Allah drowned everyone in the flood of Noah, and has prepared a painful doom for evil-doers. 25:37
320. "They [the non-muslims] will know, when they behold the doom, who is more astray as to the road." 25:42
321. Don't obey disbelievers. But rather fight against them. 25:52
322. Those who cry out to another god with Allah will be tormented doubly in hell. 25:68-69
323. Many will not believe until they see the painful doom. 26:201
324. Those who believe in another god are doomed. 26:213
325. Stay away from poets. The erring follow them. 26:224
326. Allah leads those who do not believe in the Hereafter astray by making things work out OK in this life, so that he can torment them forever in the next. They will get the worst punishment and will be the greatest losers. 27:4-5
327. But he "saved those who believed." 27:53
328. Allah will taunt Christians on the day of their doom, saying: Where are My partners whom ye imagined? 28:62-64
329. Never help disbelievers. 28:86
330. Those who disbelieve in the revelations of Allah have no hope of mercy. For such there is a painful doom. 29:23
331. "Ye have chosen only idols instead of Allah ... on the Day of Resurrection ye will deny each other and curse each other, and your abode will be the Fire, and ye will have no helpers." 29:25
332. Only wrong-doers deny the revelations of Allah. 29:49
333. Those who disbelieve in the revelations of Allah are the losers. 29:52
334. The doom of hell will come upon disbelievers suddenly, when they least expect it. 29:53-55
335. The worst thing you can do is tell a lie about Allah. Hell is the home of disbelievers. 29:68
336. When the Hour comes, Christians will be divided into two groups: Those who believed Allah's revelations, and those who disbelieved in them. The believers will be happy in the Garden; the disbelievers will be brought to doom. 30:13-16
337. Allah does not love disbelievers. 30:45
338. Allah seals the heart of disbelievers. (And then he burns them in the Fire.) 30:59
339. Those who mislead others from Allah's way and mock Islam will have a painful doom. 31:6-7
340. Allah will give disbelievers a little comfort for a little while, and then he'll torment them forever with a heavy doom. 31:23-24
341. Allah will fill hell with the jinn and mankind together. 32:13
342. Allah: Taste the doom of immortality because of what ye used to do. 32:14
343. Those who used to deny the Fire will be tormented in it forever. 32:20
344. The worst thing you can do is to deny the revelations of Allah. 32:22
345. Don't obey disbelievers. 33:1
346. He hath prepared a painful doom for the unfaithful." 33:8
347. Allah makes the deeds of unbelievers fruitless. 33:19
348. Allah cast panic into the hearts of the disbelievers. He killed some, and enslaved others. 33:25-26
349. Ignore disbelievers and their poisonous talk. 33:48
350. Those who malign Allah, Muhammad, and Muslims will be cursed by Allah in this life and with doom in the Hereafter. 33:57
351. Those who oppose Islam will be slain with a fierce slaughter. 33:60-61
352. Allah has cursed the disbelievers, and has prepared for them a flaming fire, wherein they will abide forever. 33:64-65
353. The disbelievers will be burned in the Fire with a double torment. 33:66-68
354. Those who challenge the revelations of Muhammad will have a painful doom. 34:5
355. "They are filled with remorse when they behold the doom; and We place carcans on the necks of those who disbelieved." 34:33
356. Those who disbelieve in the Hereafter will be tormented. 34:8
357. Those who strive against Allah's revelations will be brought to the doom. 34:38
358. Allah hates those who ignore his messengers. 34:45
359. Those who ignore Allah's messenger (Muhammed) will face a terrific doom. 34:46
360. Those who are cast into hell be terrified when they see that they have no escape. Then they will believe. But it will be too late. 34:51-52
361. Those who disbelieve will have an awful doom. 35:7
362. Allah hates disbelievers. 35:26
363. Disbelievers will burn forever in the fire of hell. Allah will keep them alive so that he can torture them forever. When they repent and ask for mercy, he will ignore them. 35:36-7
364. He who disbelieves, his disbelief be on his own head. 35:39
365. Allah has blinded the disbelievers so that they cannot see the truth. So it don't bother warning them. They will go to hell anyway. 36:8-10
366. Allah will burn the disbelievers in hell. 36:63-4
367. Those who refuse to believe in Muhammad's revelations will face a painful doom. 37:31-38
368. If you're not favored by Allah, you're doomed. 37:57
369. Allah drowned everyone except Noah and his family in the flood. 37:82
370. Only the "single-minded slaves of Allah" will be saved from the doom. 37:127-8
371. Allah killed everyone in Sodom except for Lot and his family. 37:136
372. No one is against Allah, except those who burn in hell. 37:162-3
373. Just wait a while and watch. The unbelievers will soon be destroyed in the doom. 37:176-9
374. Those who disbelieve are in false pride and schism. 38:2
375. Allah has destroyed many generations. 38:3
376. Those who doubt will soon taste Allah's doom. 38:8
377. Those who deny the messengers deserve doom. 38:14
378. Those who wander from the way of Allah will have an awful doom. 38:26
379. Those who disbelieve will burn in the Fire. 38:27
380. Tell the disbelievers to enjoy themselves now, because later they will be owners of the Fire. 39:8
381. Those who disobey Allah should fear his doom. 39:13
382. No one will be able to help those that Allah torments in the Fire. 39:19
383. Woe unto those who forget Allah. They are in plain error. 39:22
384. The doom will come upon those who deny what Allah has revealed. 39:25
385. Allah will make non-believers "taste humiliation in the life of the world" and " the doom of the Hereafter" which will be even worse. 39:26
386. The worst thing you can do is tell a lie against Allah. The home of disbelievers is hell. 39:32
387. Surrender to Allah before he sends the doom upon you suddenly. 39:54-55
388. Disbelievers had their chance to believe. They will all suffer in an endless doom. 39:56-59
389. Those who lie about Allah will be sent to hell and will have their faces blackened. 39:60
390. Losers are those who disbelieve the revelations of Allah. 39:63
391. Those ascribe a partner to Allah (like the Christians) will be among the losers. 39:65
392. Those who disbelieve will be driven into hell. 39:71-72
393. Those who disbelieve are the owners of the Fire. 40:6
394. Allah greatly abhors those who disbelieve. 40:10
395. Those who ignore Allah's "clear proofs" will be seized and punished severely. 40:22
396. Those in hell will beg to be relieved from the Fire's torment for just a day. But the prayer of a disbeliever is in vain. 40:49-50
397. Those who bicker about Allah's revelations are filled with pride. 40:56
398. Those who scorn Allah will go to hell. 40:60
399. Those who deny the revelations of Allah are perverted. 40:63
400. Those who deny the Scripture and Allah's messengers will be dragged through boiling water and thrust into the Fire. 40:70-72
401. Allah will taunt the Christians in hell, saying: Where are all my parnters that you used to believe in? 40:73
402. Thus does Allah send astray the disbelievers (in his guidance). 40:74
403. Those who scorn will go to hell. 40:76
404. When they see Allah's doom they will believe in Allah. But their faith will not save them. The disbelievers will be ruined. 40:84-85
405. Woe unto the idolaters who disbelieve in the Hereafter. 41:6
406. The enemies of Allah will be gathered into the Fire where their skin, ears, and eyes will testify against them. 41:19-20
407. Non-muslims will be tormented forever in the Fire. Allah will not have any mercy on them. 41:24
408. Allah will make those who disbelieve taste an awful doom. Their immortal home will be the Fire, since they denied Allah's revelations. 41:27-28
409. "Lo! those who distort Our revelations are not hid from Us. Is he who is hurled into the Fire better?" 41:40
410. Those who disbelieve will taste hard punishment. 41:50
411. In whatsoever ye differ, the verdict therein belongeth to Allah."
Disputes, whether religious or political, must be decided by Allah. Democracy is not an option. 42:10
412. Those who argue about Allah will have his wrath upon them. Theirs will be an awful doom. 42:16
413. "And as for disbelievers, theirs will be an awful doom." 42:26
414. Allah sends some people astray and then punishes them for it by burning them in the Fire. 42:44-46
415. Those who turn people away from Islam will "be sharers in the doom." 43:37-39
416. "But they will come to know."
Allah will torment disbelievers forever in hell. 43:88-89
417. Those in torment will claim to believe and ask Allah for relief. But he will refuse since they will return to their disbelief. 44:11-16
418. "He hath saved them [Muslims] from the doom of hell."
(Everyone else is going to hell.) 44:56
419. Those who hear and reject Allah's revelations are sinful liars. Give them tidings of a painful doom. 45:7-8
420. Those who joke about Allah's revelations will go to hell. Theirs will be a shameful doom. 45:9-10
421. Those who disbelieve in Allah's revelations will have a awful doom of wrath. 45:11
422. Those who disbelieve are guilty folk. 45:31
423. Disbelievers will be rewarded with the ignominious doom of the Fire. 46:20
424. Serve only Allah or face the doom of a tremendous day. 46:21
425. If you believe Muhammed, Allah will forgive some of your sins and protect you from the painful doom (that he plans to torture everyone else with). 46:31
426. Allah will taunt the disbelievers that he torments in the fire, saying: "Taste the doom for that ye disbelieved." 46:34
427. Allah makes the works of disbelievers vain. 47:1
428. Those who disbelieve follow falsehood. 47:3
429. Smite the necks of the disbelievers whenever you fight against them. Those who die fighting for Allah will be rewarded. 47:4
430. Allah will damn the disbelievers and make all their actions fruitless. 47:8-9
431. Disbelievers may eat and be happy now, but the Fire will be their final home. 47:12
432. Those who turn away from Islam, and obey non-Muslims in some things, have been seduced by Satan. 47:25-26
433. Angels will gather them together and smite their faces and backs. 47:27
434. Allah will make the actions those who disbelieve fruitless. 47:32
435. Those who disbelieve will never be pardoned by Allah. 47:34-35
436. Those who think an evil thought concerning Allah will be cursed and sent to hell by him. 48:6
437. Allah has prepared a flame for the disbelievers. 48:13
438. If you refuse to fight for Allah, he will punish you with a painful doom. 48:16
439. "Whoso turneth back, him will He punish with a painful doom." 48:17
440. Allah punished those who disbelieved with a painful punishment. 48:25
441. Allah will "cause it [Islam] to prevail over all religion." 48:28
442. Those with Muhammad are ruthless toward disbelievers and merciful toward themselves. 48:29
443. Allah will hurl those who believe in another god into a dreadful doom. 50:26
444. Accursed are the conjecturers who ask: When is the Day of Judgment? It is the day they will be tormented by the Fire. 51:10-14
445. "We left behind therein a portent for those who fear a painful doom." 51:37
446. Woe to the disbelievers. 51:60
447. Those who deny the existence of hell will be thrust into its Fire. 52:11-16
448. "Their Lord hath warded off from them the torment of hell-fire."
(Everyone else is going to hell -- and the believers are all okay with that.) 52:18
449. Those who disbelieve are trapped. 52:42
450. Those who disbelieve in the afterlife give female names to angels. 53:27
451. Those who disbelieve in the afterlife are only guessing and have no real knowledge. 53:29
452. Stay away from non-Muslims, especially those who disbelieve in the afterlife. 53:29
453. Allah sent a storm of stones on Lot's folk, killing all but Lot's family. 54:34
454. The guilty deny hell. But after they die they go circling between it and fierce, boiling water. 55:43-44
455. Those who deny Allah and the Hereafter will eat from the Zaqqum tree and drink boiling water. 56:51-54
456. Allah will welcome the rejecters and erring with boiling water and a roasting in the hell fire. 56:92-94
457. Those who disbelieve or doubt the revelations of Allah will be face the doom. 57:13-14
458. The home of disbelievers is the Fire, a hapless journey's end. 57:15
459. Those who disbelieve and deny Allah's revelations are the owners of the fire. 57:19
460. For disbelievers is a painful doom. 58:4
461. For disbelievers is a shameful doom. 58:5
462. Those who disobey Muhammed will go to hell. 58:8
463. Don't make friends with Allah's enemies. For those who do so, Allah has prepared a dreadful doom. 58:14-15
464. Those who turn others away from the way of Allah will have a shameful doom. They are rightful owners of the Fire. 58:16-17
465. Those who oppose Allah and His Messenger will be among the lowest. 58:20
466. On the Last Day good Muslims will not love their non-Muslim friends and family members, not even their fathers, sons, or brothers (or their mothers, daughters, or sisters). 58:22
467. Allah cast fear into the hearts of the disbelieving People of the Scripture. Their home in the Hereafter will be the Fire. 59:2-3
468. "Whatsoever the messenger giveth you, take it. And whatsoever he forbiddeth, abstain (from it)."
Do whatever Muhammad tells you to do. (Or you'll go to hell.) 59:7
469. The disbelieving people of the Scripture are liars. 59:11
470. The disbelievers fear the believers more than Allah. 59:13
471. The devil and disbelievers will be in the Fire. 59:16-17
472. The owners of the Garden and the owners of the Fire are not equal. 59:20
473. Don't be friends with disbelievers. They are your (and Allah's) enemy. 60:1
474. Don't be friends with those who have warred against you because of religion. Whoever makes friends with them is a wrong-doer. 60:9
475. Don't be friends with those who disbelieve in the Hereafter. They are Allah's enemies. 60:13
476. The worst thing you can do is tell a lie about Allah. 61:7
477. Allah gave Muhammad the one true religion and sent him to conquer all other (false) religions. 61:9
478. "O ye who believe! Shall I show you a commerce that will save you from a painful doom?" 61:10
479. A hypocritical Jew looks like an ass carrying books. Those who deny the revelations of Allah are ugly. 62:5
480. Allah seals the hearts of those who believe and then disbelieve so that they can understand nothing. 63:3
481. Disbelievers are perverted. They are the enemy, confounded by Allah. 63:4
482. Don't bother to ask Allah to forgive the disbelievers. He will never forgive them. 63:6
483. "Might belongeth to Allah and to His messenger and to the believers." 63:8
484. Those who disbelieve will have a painful doom. 64:5
485. Those who disbelieve are the owners of the Fire. 64:10
486. Be stern with disbelievers. They are going to Hell anyway. 66:9
487. Disbelievers will go to hell where they will hear its roaring and boiling. 67:6-7
488. Who will protect the disbelievers from a painful doom? (Nobody) 67:28
489. Refuse to obey the "rejecters" (Non-Muslims?) who seek compromise 68:8-9
490. Those who consider the Quran to be "mere fables" will be branded on the nose.68:15-16
491. "Shall We then treat those who have surrendered (Muslims) as We treat the guilty (Non-Muslims)?" 68:35
492. Those who do not believe in Allah will be chained up and cast into hell-fire where they will eat filth. 69:30-35
493. Doom is about to fall on all disbelievers. Only worshippers (Muslims) and those who preserve their chastity (except with their wives and slave girls) will be spared from "the fires of hell" that are "eagar to roast." 70:1-30
494. "Lo! the doom of their Lord is that before which none can feel secure" (except for maybe those who are fearful of it). 70:27-28
495. Disbelievers will enter hell with frantic with fear, knowing they will be tortured forever by Allah. 70:36, 44
496. Allah sent Noah to warn people about the painful doom he was planning to send. (It didn't work out well; Allah sent it anyway.) 71:1
497. Noah asked Allah to drown all the disbelievers. 71:26
498. The fires of hell will be fueled with the bodies of idolators and unbelievers. They will experience an ever-greater torment. 72:15-17
499. Those who disobey Allah and his messenger will dwell forever in the fire of hell. 72:23
500. Allah will take care of the deniers. He will tie them up, burn them in a raging fire, and feed them food that chokes them. 73:11-13
501. The last day will be a day of anguish for disbelievers. 74:9-10
502. Those who are stubborn to Allah's revelations will face a fearful doom. 74:16-17
503. Allah has appointed angels to tend the Fire and has prepared stumbling blocks for those who disbelieve. He sends some people (whoever he wants) astray. 74:31
504. Those who pay attention to this life and ignore the Hereafter will suffer forever in hell. 75:20-29
505. Allah has prepared chains, manacles, and a raging fire for the disbelievers. 76:4
506. Don't obey disbelievers. 76:24
507. Woe unto the repudiators on that day! 77:19, 77:24, 77:28, 77:34, 77:40, 77:45, 77:49
508. Depart unto that doom which ye used to deny." 77:29
509. Those who deny the revelations given to Muhammed will burn forever in hell. 78:21-30
510. "Lo! We warn you of a doom at hand, a day whereon a man will look on that which his own hands have sent before, and the disbeliever will cry: 'Would that I were dust!'" 78:40
511. Those who rebel by choosing this life over the next will go to hell. 79:37-39
512. Disbelievers are wicked people. On the last day they will be in darkness and have dust on their faces. 80:40-42
513. Those who reject Allah's revelations will burn in hell. 83:10-17
514. The disbelievers used to laugh at the believers. But the final laugh will be on them. 83:29-36
515. Disbelievers will be given a painful doom. 84:22-24
516. Those who persecute Muslims, without repenting, will burn in hell. 85:10
517. Allah plots against non-Muslims. 86:16
518. "Deal gently with them (non-Muslims) for a while. (How long is "a while"?) 86:17
519. Allah will punish disbelievers with the direst punishment. 88:23-24
520. Allah poured the disaster of His punishment upon those who rebelled against him. 89:11-13
521. Those who disbelieve Allah's revelations will have the Fire placed over them like an awning. 90:19-20
522. Those who deny Allah's revelations must endure the flaming fire. 92:14-16
523. Allah created humans to be "of best stature" but then reduced them "to the lowest of the low". Except for "those who believe and do good works." But what about those who don't believe but do good works? Are they the "lowest of the low"? 95:4-6
524. Allah will grab those who deny His guidance by the forelock and call the guards of hell. 96:13-18
525. Those who disbelieve will abide in the fire of hell. They are the worst of created beings. 98:6
526. Only religious people help orphans or those in need. 107:1-3
527. "I seek refuge ... from the evil of malignant witchcraft."
(Witchcraft is evil.) 113:4
Last edited by Multiple
on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 771
- Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 8:58 am
Muhammad bin Lyin wrote:I wonder why the mods let a ridiculous farce like this continue. Maybe I should make up my own Quran as well. Why not? That's all that Mughal is doing.
Apparently the Quran can be translated in any way one wishes.
I read about one Muslim woman who is translating the Quran from a feminist perspective. I forget her name. Perhaps, husband obeying his wife? Or, men wearing niqabs and hijabs?
In a way that may be a good thing. There will be so many different translations so that the Quran might become irrelevant.
Why do you think the Mohammedans run and hide behind the Primitive 7th Century TRIBAL Arabic that the Koran is written in , Because its AMBIGUOUS thats why. They can make is say anything they want. This PRIMITIVE language gives one word many meanings as opposed to a sophisticated language like say English where one meaning has MANY ways of being expressed.
- Posts: 771
- Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 8:58 am
How did the Quran writers manage to squeeze any actual positive morality in between those 500 instances of hate mongering so they could call it a religion instead of a dangerous cult? I wonder if Arabs get the idea that they should hate non-Muslims by the 500th time they're told to do so. Apparently, we all have an awful doom in store for us because we had the temerity to doubt some guy who clearly told us he got a book dictated to him from an angel. Uh oh, what if that guy down at the subway with the long hair and the sign really is the prophet of God? We can't take the chance that he's not. We must all do exactly as he says, even if it involves doing really stupid stuff. Nothing can be too stupid for us to believe it is from God. Are you with me everybody? All hail subway messiah! Bad things to the unbelievers! We are the best, we are the best! We keel you!
- Posts: 1484
- Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:39 pm
Multiple wrote: Ram wrote:
Muhammad bin Lyin wrote:I wonder why the mods let a ridiculous farce like this continue. Maybe I should make up my own Quran as well. Why not? That's all that Mughal is doing.
Apparently the Quran can be translated in any way one wishes.
I read about one Muslim woman who is translating the Quran from a feminist perspective. I forget her name. Perhaps, husband obeying his wife? Or, men wearing niqabs and hijabs?
In a way that may be a good thing. There will be so many different translations so that the Quran might become irrelevant.
Why do you think the Mohammedans run and hide behind the Primitive 7th Century TRIBAL Arabic that the Koran is written in , Because its AMBIGUOUS thats why. They can make is say anything they want. This PRIMITIVE language gives one word many meanings as opposed to a sophisticated language like say English where one meaning has MANY ways of being expressed.
That is very true. The English language evolved and became possibly the most sophisticated, precise, language. It also has no need to return to root words, which is regressive. Arabic did not evolve - the Arabs devoted / wasted their energies on useless embellishments of grammar at the expense of precision of communication. How many times have we heard the excuse from Muslims about Arabic being a 'rich' language? It is so far from the truth. Rather than Arabic being a 'rich' language, it is a poor, primitive language suitable only for the context of a primitive Arabic past.
- Posts: 2602
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:32 am
Mughal is right. Let's just calm down and read the Quran and understand it with Mughal. Maybe we were wrong. Maybe it's really a lovely book of God. Let's take a peek, shall we? We'll just open it at a random verse. Okay Mughal, help us understand this verse. What is Allah trying to tell us? I'm sure it's something very important and holy. Oh great holy Quran, reveal to us your wisdom of the ages. How might we be saved from damnation, oh Lord?
[33:50] O prophet, we made lawful for you your wives to whom you have paid their due dowry, or what you already have, as granted to you by GOD. Also lawful for you in marriage are the daughters of your father's brothers, the daughters of your father's sisters, the daughters of your mother's brothers, the daughters of your mother's sisters, who have emigrated with you. Also, if a believing woman gave herself to the prophet - by forfeiting the dowry - the prophet may marry her without a dowry, if he so wishes. However, her forfeiting of the dowry applies only to the prophet, and not to the other believers. We have already decreed their rights in regard to their spouses or what they already have. This is to spare you any embarrassment. GOD is Forgiver, Most Merciful.
Mughal, oh wise teacher, why did Allah give the Prophet a break on the dowry? What is the lesson there? Is it that prophets shouldn't have to pay dowries? Why didn't Moses get the same deal? This is very troubling to me. My faith in Islam is wavering. It is well known that weaseling out of the dowry is pure evil.
- Posts: 1484
- Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:39 pm
If I remember right a guy called Mughal used to write really sensible incisive articles. Is it the same guy? If so, what has happened to him?
- Posts: 1211
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:53 am
Unfortunately he is deluding himself.
He is trying to stop a runaway train by stepping in front of it and asking it to stop.
One can predict the outcome.
"It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value." - Arthur C. Clarke
- Posts: 3289
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:24 am
- Location: Blighty
250) So it happened that when they advanced to face Goliath and his warriors they said, our Lord! Fill our hearts with courage thereby make our steps firm thus help us against the people who refuse to live by Your program, constitution and law and declare war against it.
251) That is how they defeated them through program of Allah and David killed Goliath. Allah gave David the kingdom and wisdom and taught him whatever He needed to learn. Behold the fact that if Allah did not keep one people in check through the others then there would have come about total destruction in the world through wars. Such destruction did not happen because Allah has protected nations throughout the world against total destruction.
252) These are the goal and guidelines of Allah which We have revealed to you for a set purpose of peace, progress and prosperity of mankind because you are indeed of Our messengers.
253) Indeed of those messengers whom We sent for the guidance of the mankind some We found excelled above others in knowledge, character and conduct. Among these messengers is any to whom Allah revealed His program, constitution and law yet some of them He found degrees above others. To Jesus the unifier of community of Mary We gave clear goal and guidelines that is how We supported him with Our purposeful revelation. Had Allah found people willing to follow His will after these messengers had come to them, they would not have divided and fought each other after clear goal and guidelines were received by them but they disputed because Allah gave them the ability to choose to learn and do as they please therefore some of them committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity properly the while others opposed His message and caused wars. So had Allah not allowed them the ability to choose then they would not have fought each other on basis of class, creed and race etc but Allah does things only according to His own plan.
In this verse it is explained what kind of people are chosen from mankind as divine messengers and that they too are not alike rather some of them excelled more than others. It is also explained that God created humanity with ability to choose to do as it pleases rather than make them as programmed robots. In this verse a prophet is mentions with name Jesus and he is called EESABNA MARYAMA. This Mariam may well be the community that is known by name of sister of Moses and Aaron. It is because children of Israel became divided into many tribes and one of them may be descendents of Mary. Jesus therefore could be called by name of Mary not because he had no father but because he belonged to that community which descends from Mariam. It is usually the case that people become known to others through the person best known to a people and sister of Moses would be a well known name amongst children of Israel. Or because Jesus became successor of this community or that he unified it. The idea that Jesus was born without a father is a false story when looked at in the context of the Quran because the Quran does not accept idea of miracles, magic, mysteries or superstition etc. He is called son of God because he worked for God for the good of humanity and not because he was begotten son of God because God needs no son. It is possible to prove this Biblic claim seriously mistaken or deliberately distorted by rulers and priests of Christianity.
The question that people need to ask themselves is, how can a miracle prove divinity when it contradicts real world realities that are life experience of mankind? Moreover if divinity cannot be proven by word alone then what is point of holy books? If books need miracles to prove their divine origin then where are miracles today? If miracles are not there today why were they there before? So it all comes down to books to prove their divine origin on their own without any need for external miraculous events. The idea of miracles depends on breakage in universal laws in nature and God has given law books so that mankind live by his laws and not break them. If God found himself stuck and needed to break his own set up laws then how can man be expected to live by his laws and are laws in that case sensible? Unless such questions could be answered satisfactory those who believe in miracles etc need to think about these claims seriously. This is why thinking Jesus was born miraculously is utterly a wrong idea till there is some reasonable justification for it. In case of miraculous birth, saving or death and rising of Jesus one has to establish one’s claims by substantiating them with a clear purpose to all this. That is simply impossible.
254) O you who claim to be committed to striving for peace! Keep open for the benefit of mankind the sustenance which We have provided for you all as a united community before the arrival of such an environment in time during which such transfer of provision will no longer be possible, nor will there be any friendly society as none will work for a better human society because those who oppose and fight against Our rule would have transgressed to such degree.
255) As for Allah, there is no God but Him, the ever existing sustainer of the creation. He is neither prone to negligence nor can be over powered. To Him belongs, all that is in the Heavens and all that is in the Earth. Who is there who could intervene or interfere in His kingdom unless by way of His given freewill within set limits? He knows what is within their reach and what is beyond their capability. They cannot access any bit of His knowledge except what He Himself reveals for them. His sovereignty encompasses the heavens and the earth yet preservation of these does not fatigue Him. He is the one Exalted and the Supreme.
This verse tells us limits of God and limits of mankind, each has to work within its own sphere. He knows can be replaced with he makes known. What he himself reveals can also be replaced with whatever mankind desire or wish to know by making efforts for it.
256) So let none attribute what is harmful and destructive for mankind to My program, constitution and law. Indeed what is beneficial and constructive to have and to do have been made clearly distinct from that which is harmful and destructive to have or to do. Therefore whoever renounces the rule by any harmful and destructive ruler and commits to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind according to program, constitution and law of Allah has grasped such a firmly founded hand-hold for unity of mankind that will never prove damaging or destructive for mankind because Allah informs people on basis of His comprehensive observation of all things.
257) Allah is supporter of those who commit to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind in the land because He brings them out of the depths of darkness of ignorance and leads them towards the light of knowledge. As to those who oppose Our rule they are supporters of rule by harmful and destructive ruler who takes them away from the light of Our knowledge and leads them into the depths of darkness of ignorance. As a result they end up in fire of hatred between themselves wherein they remain till they change for the better rule of law or perish.
258) Shall We not tell you for your consideration the story about the one who argued with Abraham about proper installation and implementation of program, constitution and law of his creator and sustainer because Allah gave a piece of land to him to implement His rule properly but instead he declared himself a ruler over it and pushed the rule of Allah out of his way by putting in place idea of state and religion? At the time Abraham said to him, it is the law of my creator and sustainer that decide whether people survive or perish. He replied, it is my law that decides whether people live or die. Seeing lack of realisation on his part about wider implications of this exchange Abraham explained to him, Allah brings mankind with light of His knowledge peace, progress and prosperity whereas you bring them by your way of doing things harm and destruction. Thus the one who opposed the rule of Allah was confounded. However guidance of Allah is ignored by such people as are hell bent on transgression.
259) Or shall We tell for your consideration the example of the one who passed by a township which was torn apart by its own people through class, creed and race etc divide? He thought, how is Allah going to bring this township back to life of unity after it has been devastated by divisions among its people because Allah let it remain in its state of failure over a long period of time and at length restored it? So out of wonder he inquired of its people; how long since you have been in this new state of existence? The replier said, just for a short while not a long time ago. He said, yea! But you had been in the state that you were for a very long period of time but look at your participation and your knowledge of divine program, constitution and law they are no longer based upon traditional make beliefs and useless rituals. Behold! That is how you should deal with your state and religious leadership and that is why We made it a lesson for the mankind. Moreover observe the social structuring how We put it together and at length implemented it and fulfilled thereby its set purpose. Then when all this was made clear to him he said, now I know that Allah indeed has a system and laws set up for making everything work.
In these verses Allah is making clear to mankind that there are two laws at work in this world. a) Laws of nature ie the way universe works naturally and b) laws given to mankind to live by and overcome universe using laws of nature. Limits are set by Allah for mankind so when they do not follow divine laws then after a while effects of self serving rules whereby people live give many of them serious troubles so they look for ways to changing things and that is how some people end up reviving their own community. If troubles fail to wake up communities then they perish.
260) Also call to mind saying of Abraham once upon a time my Lord! Explain to me how You plan to bring to life the nations that are devastated by ignorance, divisions, suppression and oppression. He said, are you not already committed to a course of action for peace, progress and prosperity of nations? Abraham said, yes! But I ask this to reassure my mind for the upcoming tasks as my mission. He said, take some highly insightful people under your supervision and train them well to follow your set out objectives then separate them into individuals and place them upon each of the people of influence among the nations to educate them and then invite them to rule according to program, constitution and law of Allah, they will accept your invitation and start working on it right away. That is how it will become obvious to you all that Allah is mighty indeed in His wisdom.
261) The likeness of those who use whatever they have of the divine provision for the mission of Allah is like that of a grain that sprouts into many ears, each bearing hundreds of grains. Allah gives manifold increase to whoever works for it. That is how Allah educates people by looking at the effects of peoples’ actions.
262) Those who use whatever they have of the divine provision for the mission of Allah and they do not use whatever they have for harming and undermining the community spirit, the beneficial results for their actions rest upon set laws of their creator and sustainer in due course in form of a welfare state wherein they are neither anxious for their future nor do they regret their actions for bringing about such a state.
263) They keep on advising each other to do what is beneficial in order to remove ills from society to continuously protect it, it is better to be consistent with the truth that protects communities rather than the falsehood that harms communities. That is why even though Allah is free of all needs and wants yet He puts up with foolishness of mankind.
264) O you who claim to be committed to working for peace! Do not make your struggle for truth invalid by taking steps to inflict harm upon community in guise of benefiting it because it is then like the action of those who spend their energy and whatever they have just for show to make fool of masses because they commit not to working for peace according to the program, constitution and law of Allah for the better end goal for mankind. Their example is like that of a hard barren rock covered with a thin layer of soil where upon falls heavy rain, leaving it just a bare stone. Such people gain nothing useful out of what they do. That is why Allah guides not such people as oppose and fight against His guidance.
265) The example of those who spend their energy and whatever they have to accomplish the will of Allah through strengthening their brotherhood is like that of a garden on a higher fertile ground so when heavy rain falls upon it, it yields twice its normal produce and if no rain falls even a light moisture is sufficient for it to bring forth normal growth. That is how Allah sees through all that you do for the benefit of each other.
266) Would any of you like that his garden which is full of palm trees, grape vines and all kinds of fruits and watered by running streams be blasted and consumed by a fiery whirlwind at the time when he has become too old and his children are too young and unable to work therein? Thus Allah makes His goals and guidelines clear to you so that you may ponder over them.
267) O you who claim to be committed to working for peace, do only what is beneficial for the mankind whatever you do according to program, constitution and law of Allah in order to help each other of whatever We bring forth for you from the earth and do not inflict harm on others by use of it because you will not like to receive it without serious reaction if it was done to you. Bear in mind, that Allah is self-sufficient and worthy of being heeded to.
268) The adversary of rule of Allah invites you to ignorance and inflict harm and destruction upon each other to destroy your community spirit so that you end up in a shameful and sorrowful state of affairs whereas Allah invites you to freedom from all ills through His dignifying revealed program, constitution and law for unity, that is how Allah makes obvious that His observation of all things is comprehensive.
Word AL-FAQRA is from root FAA, QAAF and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is broken back or broken vertebra. In the Quranic context it means breaking down of community supportive network. By setting up a rivalry based system rulers, priests and money lenders cause hatred in society because it divides community into haves and have-nots. Thus one part of community becomes user and abuser of others and so community spirit breaks down leading to civil wars if remains unchecked. The same root means poverty or lack of things of need or want etc etc. This root applies equally to poverty of ideas or actions or knowledge and material things etc etc.
269) He grants wisdom of bringing about and running His kingdom successfully to whoever works hard for it, and whoever is granted the wisdom for bringing about and running His kingdom successfully is indeed given abundance of benefits, yet none reflect and act upon His guidance save people who are intelligent.
270) You use nothing of your provision out of Our provided sustenance for the benefit of each other and you fulfil not any kind of responsibility towards each other but Allah has already informed you about its outcome whereas those who work against the rule of Allah have nothing to rely upon for guidance.
271) But your case is different that you have Allah as your guide so if you fulfil your commitments to each other publicly that is beneficial and if you fulfil your commitments to each other in private by reaching out to help those who are broken down that is even better for you and will remove from your community more troublesome problems because Allah is aware of all that you need to do.
272) However it is not for you to force the opponents of rule of Allah to be on the proper path rather it is up to Allah to lay down goals and guidelines for all who wants to follow. Nonetheless whatever beneficial you do to help each other as a community it is for the benefit of yourselves. So you should not help each other but in accordance to the program, constitution and law of Allah and whatever you do for the benefit of each other on that basis you will get it back in full once the state become fully functional and you will not be wronged even in the least.
273) The while there is no properly functioning state help especially those stuck individuals who are engaged so much in the mission of Allah that they cannot move about in the land to earn their livelihood. Those unaware of their situation think that these like people in need of support are self-sufficient on account of their behaviour because they do not ask for help but you can recognize them by the way they live yet they do not request people for help. However you do not benefit anyone with anything but Allah makes it evident through its results.
274) Those who use whatever they have of Our provision to help others by night and by day, privately individually and publicly collectively, they will have their reward according to set laws of their Lord in form of a blissful divine kingdom wherein they will neither be anxious about their future nor will they regret their past efforts they made for bringing it about.
This verse tells community that it is not necessary that one should raise alarm when one is not doing well rather it is necessary that people remain in touch with each other in order to remain aware of community members as to how they are getting on with their life on daily basis. If there appears any sign that any may not be doing well then they must be attended to till they are back on their feet or that reasonable provision must be made to ensure support for them for as long as they may need. It is not right that any person may go without necessities of his life in the community. Moreover these verses tell Muslims to live as well organised communities the while there is no state based on divine program, constitution and law. In that case divine program, constitution and laws apply to organisations according to their capacity rather than state. The while Muslims are living without state they must carry on working for creating one by spreading proper message of Allah properly so that people among which they live turn to Islam as their way of life.
275) Those who participate in their communities for grabbing whatever they can by using and abusing their communities they have no solid foundation to build their future upon instead the group of such likeminded people has taken the same stance as of the one inflicted with ideology of rivalry by the adversary of divine rule. That is because they have the mindset, attitude and behaviour to treat the idea of producing and distributing things of need for serving the community same as the idea of producing and distributing things of need for profit despite the fact that Allah has allowed the production and distribution of things of need for serving the community but He has declared production and distribution of things of need for profit unlawful because it destroys community spirit and thereby community. So any who has received advice from his creator and sustainer and has stopped going against His program, constitution and law for him there is no questioning for his past conduct but his future mindset, attitude and behaviour has to be according to program, constitution and law of Allah. If one yet turns his back on program of Allah then such a person deserves to be among those consumed by fire of hatred against each other and go through anxiety and regrets. Such people will remain in that state constantly for as long as they live in that state of mind.
Word AL-RIBAA is from root RAA, BAA and WOW. Concrete meaning of this word is steep hill. A sudden or quick rise in the piece of land as compared to its surrounding land. High ground or highland. Use of something or someone to rise eg in status or power or wealth. To increase something in some way for some reason by using something. The Quran does not forbid RIBAA as a thing but use and abuse of people by each other to take undue advantage of each other which results in destruction of community spirit and thereby community itself. Once community is destroyed then individuals have no basis any more for their secure future. It is because then each and every person is for himself and therefore is out for a kill so none is safe from the other. This results in complete breakdown of trust in each other so one can imagine the consequences for going down that lane. This is why it has to be proper Islam as way of life or destruction of humanity is a foregone conclusion because rivalry based use and abuse of each other has no future for humanity as a way of life.
It is very important that these verses are understood in their proper context. The context which is very obvious from this surah is unity of human community by removing all obstacles in its way. This means all ideas and actions or mindsets, attitudes and behaviours that lead to discrimination or negative divisions that harm and destroy community spirit are unlawful according to the Quran. It is not hoarding of things that is unlawful but the reasons for hoarding it that bring harm and destruction upon community. The Quran requires that people work together as a single family as hard as they can and produce things as much as they can and then distribute them between themselves so that all needs of all are reasonably satisfied at least. There is no top limit as to how much the community can produce and distribute between themselves. However, the whole community is condemned if any of its individual is not looked after for his all needs by it with dignity. In other words Quranic community is not profit based community at all but humanity based community, where human dignity is the basis not owning things by destroying lives of each other for profit. A family is beneficial if it lives by beneficial house rules that help it live peacefully, progress and prosper, it is simple as that.
276) Because Allah has deprived of secure future self interest based self centred individualism at the expense of community and instead He has given future to a system based upon solid foundation of beneficial community for the well being of humanity therefore Allah supports not any such person or populace that ideologically opposes and acts against His declared will.
277) Those who commit to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind in the world and take appropriate actions to remove divisions from among people in order to establish divine rule of law to free mankind from all manmade ills, for them is great reward according to set universal laws of their creator and sustainer in form of a blissful kingdom wherein they will neither be anxious for their future nor will they have any regrets for what they did in the past to bring about such a blissful state.
278) So O you who claim to be committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind! Be consistent with program, constitution and law of Allah by being consistent with each other so get yourselves rid of even any residue of self interest based self centred individualism at the expense of community if you have really committed to working peace, progress and prosperity for yourselves and the rest of mankind
279) but if you are not going to do what is required of you then notice of declaration of war is hereby given to you by Allah through His messenger. However if you stop and reform then for you is whatever of the provision is given to you by the community according to constitutionally set limits as an individual of the community. Do not inflict harm and destruction upon others and do not let others inflict harm and destruction upon you.
This verse talks about Allah declaring war but what does it mean? It means Allah has pronounced his judgement that if people will not accept Quranic way of life then they will end up destroying themselves through wars with each other. Allah has not created man to pick a fight with him but for the reason that man becomes learned and creative and thus appreciates his glory. This is just a warning from Allah that don’t go down the way you are going because I can see where you are going to end up.
280) However if any participant person/populace on basis of self interest self centred individualism at the expense of community is facing any genuine difficulty in understanding things therefore transition then allow him/it appropriate time for the change to make it easy for him/it. This is how if you confirm the truth of the divine program, constitution and law to each other by your actions will benefit you as a community if you could try and understand it.
281) That is how you should prepare for the day when you can make each other abide by the program, constitution and law of Allah, so that from then onwards all are rewarded with result of whatever they earn together and none suffers harm and destruction at the hands of any other in the community.
This verse shows importance of learning all about program, constitution and laws of Allah because that way each and every person knows everything necessary about his goal and guidelines for achieving it. Each and every person is therefore aware of his responsibilities and rights, rules and regulations, procedures and practices so one knows what one is expected or supposed to do and what one is not expected or supposed to do and that way there arise no disputes between people because all know their place and role or part they need to play as a community of people working together for an end. This verse also tells us that Quranic way of life will only come about once humanity has had enough life experience to understand the Quranic text properly. When a people are fully aware of things then human society has to be a great thing in itself. If a human community could be developed to that stage then, that will be proof in itself about divine origin of the Quran, because a book that informs about a complete system of life for humanity that works when put in place or installed is the empirical evidence of such nature.
282) So O you who claim to be committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind! When you have to deal with each other, deal with each other according to the divine program, constitution and law at all times and that is how you should stick with it. Let a person experienced in law ensure your adherence to law to keep you legally right. The person experienced in law is not to refuse this responsibility from the community and should carry out his legal responsibility according to requirements of Allah as He has taught him. Let him who has any claim to any right put forth his case but he must remain consistent with law of Allah his creator and sustainer for the benefit of the community and alter not anything relating the claim. If the party that has a claim is immature or weak or cannot put forth the claim properly then let its legal guardian dictate its interests properly.
Let two witnesses from among your official community administration witness the statement but if two of the administration are not available at the time then one from the administration and two of your choice from amongst the community may witness the document so that if a party involved in the statement moves away from its statement then the other party could remind and correct it through this attested document. The witnesses must not refuse when they are called upon to do so. Moreover you must not be averse to writing down legal agreements for any future period whether the agreement is about something small or large. This course of action is beneficial for you according to constitution of Allah because it facilitates the establishment of evidence and is the best way to remove all doubts and disputes. However if it is a matter that is concluded on the spot and has no future implications among yourselves then there is no blame upon you if you do not put it in writing. You should always have witnesses whenever you make agreements that concern yourselves and your community but let no harm be done by parties involved in the contracts to the judges or witnesses yet if you do so then you will be guilty of transgression against the constitution and the law of Allah. So be consistent with rule of Allah for the good of your own human community that is how Allah teaches you to conduct your affairs because Allah teaches mankind all things necessary for people to know.
283) Likewise when you are working towards change of rule but you do not have the legal framework in place yet in the land to enforce Our program, constitution and law then provide security for each other through whatever means you have as a community in an organised manner. So that when some of you entrust others with responsibilities as a community then the ones entrusted with community responsibilities discharge the responsibilities fully and properly to the community that is how the community as a whole should prove its consistency with the constitution of Allah its ruler. Beware! Never deliberately conceal the evidence in order to cause harm to each other and whoever hides or derails evidence deliberately to cause harm his mind is surely set on transgression against Allah and his own humankind but Allah is aware of all that you do and will make your motives obvious in due course through results of your own actions.
284) Remember always that to Allah alone belongs sovereignty of all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth regardless you reveal to others your motives in your minds behind your actions through your actions or you hide them because Allah calls you to account for all of this. That is how He protects from harm and destruction any community or nation that desires to be protected through acting upon His program, constitution and law and likewise he leaves a people to destroy themselves who refuse to accept and act according to His advice because Allah has set up laws to govern affairs concerning all things.
285) This is why this messenger has committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind according to the program, constitution and guidelines for law formation revealed to him from his Lord along with all others who have committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity. All peace, progress and prosperity loving people always committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind according to the constitution of Allah through the administrators of His program, constitution and law according to His revealed books through His messengers. Such people always confirmed Our message saying, we see no difference or conflict in the message of any of His messengers and they also said, we hear Your divine proclamation and we commit to it so protect us our creator and sustainer against inflicting harm and destruction upon each other, for Your revealed will is the goal of our journey.
286) We further confirm that Allah burdens not any people or nation with any task beyond its capability and each community or nation is a part of benefit whatever good a nation does for the mankind and upon each people falls a part of the harm whatever harm any community inflicts upon mankind by way of fighting each other. Our creator and sustainer! Save us from the harmful and destructive consequences if we forget to do something or make a mistake when doing it. Our creator and sustainer! Save us from falling under heavy burden as You let happen to those before us as a consequence of their own make beliefs and their actions according to them. Our creator and sustainer! Guide us so that we do not fall under burden beyond our capability to bear. So relieve us from our self created ills and protect us and make for us Your revelation a blessing. You are our supporter so help us against the people who oppose Your rule.
Surah 3 AALI IMRAN=People and Society
The name of this surah is AALI IMRAAN not because the surah talks about family of IMRAAN but because it talks about people and society. In surah 2 the main theme was divisions and causes for divisions and unity and its necessities. In this surah the main theme is populace and community and since community cannot come about without a populace organising itself on basis of some sort of goal and guidelines and legal structure hence this surah begins with emphasis on divine program, constitution and law etc. This surah leaves one in no doubt that Islam is a way of life and not a dogmatic belief system or religion etc.
Word IMRAAN is from root AIN, MEEM and RAA. Concrete meaning of this root is development or build up to some end objective. Here it means build up to formation of a community. As it is clear that the Quran is all about building a proper human community so this surah is next step after removing rifts from between people to help them come together for purpose of peaceful, progressive and prosperous life.
Imraan was father of Mariam, Aaron and Moses. Each of these became ancestors of large tribes from among children of Israel.
Proclaim! In the name of Allah, the provider of psychological, sociological and biological needs of mankind,
1) Alif Laam Meem
2) That Allah is He other than whom there is no sovereign of this universe, the ever living sustainer of all that exists.
3) He sent for you this program, constitution and law for a set purpose of peace, progress and prosperity of mankind confirming that which was sent before it, just as He sent the Toraah and the Injeel before this as guidance for the mankind likewise He sent this Quran as a criterion and standard for mankind to abide by.
4) Surely for such as live outside the terms and conditions set out by Allah for the good of mankind there awaits a terrible suffering as a result of their own actions because Allah has set up a strict rule based upon law of consequences for peoples’ own actions,
5) Nothing escapes the application of laws of Allah in the earth or in the heaven.
6) He it is Who alone develops you biologically, psychologically and sociologically in your environments through set up system, processes and laws as He programmed the natural processes. So none is God but He alone, the mighty and the wise ruler of the kingdom of the universe.
7) Therefore He it is Who has sent for you this program, constitution and law as well which contains goals and guidelines that are foundational for humanity to live in peace, progress and prosper, they are foundation of this constitution and anything against that is illusionary make belief and false. Despite this fact those who harbour harmful and destructive ambitions and desires in their minds against humanity follow the opposite direction to these goals and guidelines looking for ways and means to cause divisions and wars between people, however none can make evident to people of knowledge their intended targets and motives save Allah. Therefore those well grounded in knowledge say, we commit to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind on the basis of this constitution that only this constitution is from our creator and sustainer not other opposing things that people attribute to Him. Yet none will take heed save such as have developed their critical faculty and use it to understand things properly,
8) saying, our creator and sustainer let not our minds deviate from Your set goal and guidelines after you have made them evident for us and grant us more information and understanding of it from Yourself for our peace, progress and prosperity because You are the grantor of bounties in abundance.
9) Our creator and sustainer, only Your constitution is capable of gathering all people under one rule in time in coming of which there is no doubt because abiding by constitution of Allah never fails to deliver people from troubles and difficulties.
10) Therefore those who declare war against installation of constitution of Allah, of no benefit at all will be for them their possessions and their ideological supporters against advice of Allah. For they are the ones who fuel the fire of hatred between mankind so they are bound to end up consumed by it.
11) Their end result will be the same as that of people of Pharaoh and their ideological predecessors who opposed installation of Our constitution and law, that is how caught up with them declared law of Allah in form of consequences of their harmful and destructive actions. The law of Allah is strict indeed in enforcing the consequences of peoples’ actions.
12) Say to those who declare war against the rule of Allah, soon you will be overwhelmed by your own atrocities against each other and driven together towards hell of your own making and that is a terrible state to be in.
13) Indeed there is between you a clear ideological demarcation separating you into two factions arranged against each other in battle. One side is struggling for installing the constitution of Allah and the other fighting against it. To them both it appeared as if they have been opponents battling each other continuously. However Allah always aided such people through His set out system and laws as worked according to them. Surely therein is a lesson for those who want to be insightful about system and laws of Allah that are at work in the universe.
14) People have been furnished with drives and motives to fulfil their needs and wants as communities through the fundamental goal and guidelines with piles upon piles of gold and silver and strength of forces and abundance of various kinds of blessings such as whatever is produced by the earth. Even though such is the extent of provisions for them in life of this world yet it is Allah alone in whose program, constitution and law rests security of mankind.
15) Say, shall I tell you the better way of getting and using things than the way you get and use them? For those who work according to program, constitution and law of Allah for peace and prosperity of mankind there are going to be blissful states in which will flow things of need and desire like rivers wherein they will live in company of likeminded constructive and hard working people and that is how they will prove that they have achieved the goal set for them by Allah and that is how Allah shows to mankind that He is fully aware of those who abide by His program, constitution and law in His kingdom.
16) It is such who say, our Lord, we indeed commit to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind therefore protect us from inflicting harms upon each other in future as well as end our suffering due to the fire of our self created hatred of the past between us.
17) They are steadfast in purpose and true to their words in deed as well as take a stand for what is proper according to law of Allah and use their energy for the benefit of humanity and that is how they work hard to protect each others from harm and destruction because they waste no time but start working for removal of ills from society straight away.
18) That is how Allah makes evident that there is no ruler in this kingdom of universe other than Him and that is how bear witness as an example the people in administration of divine kingdom as well as those well grounded in knowledge standing firmly for justice. Therefore you should know there is no God save Allah, the Mighty and the Wise ruler of this universe.
19) Surely AL-DEEN ie the way to live for mankind as far as Allah is concerned is AL-ISLAM ie to establish peace, progress and prosper. Any people who were ever given the divine books did not go against this DEEN but out of rebellion due to rivalries against each other after the knowledge had come to them as to how they should live. So warn those who oppose goal and guidelines of Allah that Allah is strict in holding people to account through consequences of their own actions.
20) Yet if they oppose you say to them, I have committed myself fully to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind because that is the goal set by Allah and so have committed those that support me. Moreover ask those who read the already given divine scripture as well as those who are illiterate, will you also commit yourselves to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind along with us? If they commit to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind then they too have made the right decision but if they turn away then your responsibility is only to deliver the message and it is for set laws of Allah to make obvious for mankind consequences of their own actions.
21) Surely those who oppose goal and guidelines of Allah and fight against the prophets without any justification and even kill those among mankind who campaign for just law and justice,
22) such are the ones whose conduct is void of any benefit for mankind from the start to the finish because they have no foundation to support them.
23) Have you not noticed the mindset, attitude and behaviour of those who were given the divine book earlier? When they are invited even to their own book of Allah for settlement of divisions between them, each of the sections yet turns away because they want to avoid unity on grounds of peace, progress and prosperity for themselves and rest of mankind.
24) Despite this being their ground reality they tell each other, the fire of sectarian hatred between us will only last for a limited number of days. That is how deceive their masses their rulers, priests and money lenders from the way of life that Allah has advised them to follow.
25) Regardless explain to these masses, how things will be for them when We will gather them through Our program under Our constitution according to Our law at the time in coming of which there is no doubt, during that period of time each person will receive fruit of his labour fully and none will suffer any loss whatsoever.
26) Say Allah! You alone are the ruler of the kingdom of the universe who set up the system and laws in it whereby You let rise in the kingdom a people who strive for it according to Your system and laws and You let decline in the kingdom a people who fail to strive according to Your system and laws whereby You bestow dignity upon a people who strive for it and You let fall a people into disgrace who fail to strive according to Your system and laws. Upon Your rule of law rests whatever is beneficial for the mankind. Surely You have set up system, process and laws to govern operations of all things.
27) That is how You rotate the zone of the earth under the darkness for the night to bring it under the sunlight for the day and that is how You turn the zone of the earth under the sunlight for the day to bring it under the darkness for the night, thus by set laws in the universe You bring nations to life from the dead and You let living nations decline into oblivion and that is how You provide sustenance in abundance for a people who work according to Your set laws.
In verses like these the Quran conveys a few parallel meanings eg in this case darkness of night is also ignorance and day light is light of knowledge. Not only that the verse also carries the idea of prosperity against scarcity. The turning of day and night also means alternation between good and bad periods of times for nations.
28) So let not those who claim to be committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind therefore form alliances with those who are warmongers instead of those who claim to be committed to working for peace, progress and prosperity of mankind, because any people who do that will lose the peace and security offered by rule according to constitution of Allah even though you may enter in peace treaty with them if they so desire as a measure to prevent open hostilities nonetheless Allah Himself reminds you that your goal must remain installation and maintenance of constitution of Allah.
29) Say, regardless you conceal whatever is in your minds or reveal it, Allah will make it manifest in due course by your own actions. For He makes obvious whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth through its working. Allah has set laws for all things to work accordingly.
30) The day each nation is confronted with the result of whatever it has done for the benefit of each other it is satisfied, but as far as inflictions of harm and destruction of its people upon each other, it wishes there was a very long distance between it and its suchlike deeds. Allah therefore cautions you to be consistent with His program, constitution and law because Allah is full of kindness for mankind.
31) Say if you claim to be loyal to the program, constitution and law of Allah then support me in my mission to install the rule of Allah, Allah too will support you by His program, constitution and law because thereby He will protect you and free you from all your problems among yourselves, because that is how Allah grants protection through His revealed program, constitution and law.
32) Say, be consistent with program, constitution and law of Allah by supporting His Messenger, but if they move away then Allah supports not those who oppose His program, constitution and law.
33) Indeed Allah presents for the people of the world as an example the human society that was brought about by people of Adam and the human society that was brought about by people of Noah as well as the society of nations that was brought about by people of Abraham and the community that was brought about by people of Imraan.
34) They were the ideological off-springs one from the other. That is how Allah makes His observation vastly evident.
In this verse off-spring could means biological as well as ideological off-spring. Also word Adam here may well represent Prophet Adam as well as his people and likewise word Noah may also represent Noah and his people. The reason for this is because this Surah is all about people and formation of society or community based upon program, constitution and law of Allah .
35) Call to mind the time when a section of people of Imraan rose up to take on responsibility of divine mission saying, O my creator and sustainer, I dedicate for Your mission all that is within my power to free people from rifts and dissensions so let this plan of action and effort of mine be a success. Surely You observe peoples’ motives and make them obvious through results of their actions.
36) At length when it brought forth the plan of action and missionary team it said, my creator and sustainer, I could bring forth only a small team but Allah made evident for all to see what it had brought forth and despite that it said, let no large party be any match for this small team in knowledge and courage and I name it Mariam and I give it and its future ideological supporters in your care and protection from any harmful and destructive force that has distanced itself from Your program, constitution and law.
Word MARIAM is from root RAA, WOW and MEEM as well as MEEM, RAA and YAA. When a word has more than one root, it is indicative of a foreign word that has been adopted into Arabic from more than one language. More likely from Aramaic, Hebrew or any of the ancestral or sister languages. It is because the original word came from some other languages and in two different ways hence it is given the same two or more roots but no matter how many roots the meanings of all roots remain the same. Concrete meaning of this root is something that is brilliant white ie spotless. It also means virgin or not touched by any blemish or is free of something in some sense eg good or bad or untrained or uncultivated or uncultured or uncivilised or unskilled or raw or something that remains as it is in some way for some purpose. Arabic is full of words that have opposing meaning and it all depends on the context of use of words whether the meaning should be taken one way or the other. This is true for all ancient languages but it is not due to lack of vocabulary rather it is due to concepts and their implications. In one sense word mariam is capable of giving sense of innocence and straight forwardness of a person free of any trickery and in other sense it is very capable of telling us the person is an ignorant fool never been out of his house and had no interaction with the civilised world.
Mariam was name of sister of Moses so the Quran is likely to be talking about house of IMRAAN or in English AMRAM. However here it is talking about the state of people belonging to that tribal community in time of Jesus. As explained already Jesus is not called son of Mariam because she was necessarily his biological mother but that she was his ancestor ie he came from her tribe or descendents. When a person comes from a community be it ideological or geographical or biological relationship he is known by that name. People are called American or Christian etc etc. Mary may be a newly found movement that represented true ideology upon which the movement was based.
In this verse the Quran is telling us how movements could be started by some people who see the need for such a movement. In this case when the children of Israel gave up following the true message of God and as a result they became seriously divided some people realised what has gone wrong to they decide to understand situation and do something about it. The stories are told in the Quran so that those who read the Quran learn things from the Quran and if anything needs doing then it should be done in a sensible way so that objective is accomplished.
37) So her creator and sustainer appreciated it through an equally suited training program as its commitment to let this small team develop in to a strong community in a dignified way by entrusting it to the care of Zachariah for its development and training. Each time Zachariah entered in its training place, he found it with all the material it needed for its training to carry out its mission. One day he asked it, O Mariam! How did all this come in to your possession? It replied, it was offered by the community for mission of Allah. Surely Allah fulfils the needs of such as take steps to fulfil their needs according to the program, constitution and law of Allah without going against His set measures.
38) As Zacharaiah saw he is becoming old and he cannot carry on with training for long as he wanted so he asked his creator and sustainer, my creator and sustainer, grant me from Yourself a successor who is capable of fulfilling the task of leading this community, surely You have solutions for all our problems.
This verse is telling us how important is a proper program and proper training for making it a success and that this training is not a one day job but daily job till movement gets its mission fully accomplished. It could spread over generations because teaching and learning is a very slow process. For a divine mission to succeed, it needs highly dedicated and highly sensible people. When one teacher becomes old and community grows it needs fresh blood that can cope with requirements better. Since Zacharaiah is giving training to his people so a successor will have to come from somewhere else who already knows how to train people. It is because people under training of Zacharaiah are not yet capable of taking over this job themselves that is why he is asking for a successor. If he knew someone among these people could take over then all he had to do was handover his students to him and let him get on with the job. This also does not mean Yahyah was his biological son because for him to take over his father’s trainees was not possible as he was not yet born or kown and Zacharaiah was already getting old and finding it hard to continue. Yahyah maybe called his son in the sense that he was a youngster of one of the Israelite tribes. Or maybe he was already looking for a person for this job and his people found somebody for him and told him about him.
39) At length when he was busy with training session for establishing community network in the training camp, the officials called upon him saying, Allah gives you good news of Yahyah as a successor, who will fulfil the mission according to guidelines from Allah and he will be a leader for this community, a person living within set divine limits because he is a prophet who will be one of those who will actively remove for people obstacle in their path to peace.
Yahyah means the one who can breathe life into the revolution ie a lively or motivated person. Zacharaia was looking for a successor and more likely that he told his people to look around for one and Yahyah was found out because he too was busy with divine mission elsewhere already so when Zacharaiah’s people found out the kind of man he was looking for they told him about him. The reason he was looking for such man elsewhere is that his own people were not capable yet to handle this situation tat is why he did not expect one from among his own trainees or supporters.
40) He said, my Lord! Where will this person come from who will be my successor because I surely am getting old and my community is not that capable and productive just now to produce such a person? He said, it is so but Allah works according to His own plan.
41) Zakariya said, my Lord, in that case advise me about this changeover. He was told, your advice is that you should not effect this changeover for people for period of at least three more training sessions and instead see it through yourself and keep working a lot more for the mission of your creator and sustainer by striving hard day and night.
42) And thus said people authorised with mission, O Mariam! Surely Allah has chosen you for His mission and kept you safe from being harmed by others or doing harm to others and chose you as a role model for the communities of the world.
43) Therefore O Mariam! Rise for establishing program, constitution and law of your creator and sustainer by submitting faithfully to the task by being well prepared along with those who are fully prepared to fulfil the task.
44) This is of the prophetic information We are telling you O prophet and you were not with them when they were challenging each other as to who is more capable of ensuring proper development of Mariam, nor were you with them when they were involved in actual battle.
Word AQLAAM is from root QAAF, LAAM and MEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is marker. A pen is called QALAM because it makes mark on the paper. An arrow is also called QALAM because it wounds the game during hunting. The same root also means debate, contest and challenge etc because the outcome of the challenge decides the issue. Challenge could be decided by a writing context or shooting arrows etc.
Word YAKHTASIMOON is from root KHA, SWAD and MEEM. Concrete meaning of this root is struggle. The same root means fighting, disagreeing, differing, disputing, striving, campaigning etc etc.
This verse shows once upon a time there arose the issue of leadership amongst people belonging to Mariam community and people are asked to participate and whoever wins becomes the leader of the community. Various people try but leadership responsibility falls on shoulders of Zakriya. When he grows old then a new leader is handed over the responsibility by name of Yahyah who comes from outside of the community. From Yahyah the leadership passes on to another man called Jesus. It is very clearly show who leadership of community should be chosen on basis of merit ie how best one is able to lead a people. The issue that is made clear here is that it is security and development of the community and all its individuals that is of vital importance and therefore a leader this capable is necessary. A person in position of leadership of community is supposed to be father of the nation so any person who tries to take over leadership of a people to use and abuse them is not a leaders and is not fit to be a leader.
45) Now call to mind also the time when people in administration of Mariam said, O Mariam! Worry not about your future because Allah gives you the good news of another energetic young leader from Himself at some point in future to succeed current leadership, his name is to be Jesus saviour of Mariam, he will be a successful leader because he will tread Our path closely from the start to the end.
Although all people who work for betterment of community are children of community and its saviours but some people work more than others which distinguishes them above others. Zacharaiah, Yahyah and Jesus hold a special position in community because they work for it more than others. Learning right and wrong and then teaching others and then leading them in the proper direction is not an easy task for anyone that is why not everyone is such a leader. This does not mean people should not try, they must because if they do not then world will not only become stuck but it will roll backwards because thing in this world either go forward or they go backwards. They do not stand still rather whatever happens naturally continues happening forcing change all by itself this is why humanity must move with time or it will suffer the consequences by ignoring natural flow of things. Just like a car needs to be steered in the right direction so humanity needs to be steered in the right direction.
46 That is why he will influence people in his youth as well as in his old age because he will be of those who remove obstacles in the way of people to peace, progress and prosperity.
Word MAHDI is from root MEEM, HAA and DAAL. Concrete meaning of this root is the starting point ie where something is or whereof something starts in some sense for some purpose. Earth is called MAHD because it is resting place for mankind or where from humans came or where from people travel in to space or to moon. It also means cradle, infancy, childhood or young age. Local place as compared to a remote place or a place at a distance from the local place where one lives or is from. Sleeping place, to prepare, make even, facilitate, introduce, straighten things up, pave the way etc etc.
Word KAHLAA is from root KAAF, HAA and LAAM. Concrete meaning of this root is full. Something that has reaches its full age or strength or sense or distance or height etc. To put on or take on a burden or weight or responsibility etc. A middle age person etc.
In this verse we are told that Jesus is not to die in youth but will reach his old age and complete his mission just like other prophets did. It was never possible for people to kill divine messengers because each messenger was sensible enough to be chosen as a divine messenger ie was capable of dealing with his people. They come to educate others not murder anyone or be murdered by them. They are best of the people living at that time eg more in knowledge and best in action and anyone who is more in knowledge and best in actions cannot be defeated by anyone else. This is why Allah tells us that He and his messengers are bound to overcome so if best people could have been defeated by worst people then change for the better in the world we see could not have occurred. Human history shows us struggle between opposing forces but winners are always better than losers because they have what it takes to survive.
47) Hearing this, Mariam said, my Lord! Where am I going to get such a youth from to lead me when I have not been blessed with such a person? One of them replied, so it is as you say but Allah brings about whatever He plans. When He decides upon a matter, He initiates the natural process for it and so it happens!
48) Moreover He will teach him the program, the constitution and the law for wisdom needed for running an administration through the Toraat and the Injeel
49) and send him as a Messenger to the Children of Israel saying to them, I have brought you a program, constitution and law from your creator and sustainer. I will make you, the people, lying in dust a nation like a soaring bird by blowing into it breathe of new life that will make it fly high due to program of Allah. I will remove your blindness of ignorance and end your isolation that you are kept away as if you have an infectious skin disease thus I will raise the nation that is dead to life by Allah’s declared plan. Furthermore, I will tell you how to partake in community economics as to what you should consume as a community and what you should keep in your community storage houses so that you never face poverty as a community. Surely in these are goal and guidelines as proof of my divine prophet-hood for you if you are willing to work with me for peace, progress and prosperity.
How can a goal and guidelines be proof of a divine messengership? Because one has to think about what kind of person would write or deliver a message that people in positions of power oppose? After all nobody wants to say a word against a tyrant because everyone fears such people. Fear is a weapon these people use against masses to keep them under their control. In order to do this they first devise a program to separate scriptures from their purpose and use them to create religions to divine people and when people become divided on basis of religions and economics then due to rivalries community spirit breaks down and all go their own ways. This gives a huge advantage to use and abusers of mankind so then they reunite people on basis of who is loyal to them and in return they reward such people which leave them free to abuse others. In order to get rid of people with such mindset, attitude and behaviour the only effective message is that of unity but that is not possible unless there is strong motivation in it for masses. As one can se divine message gives people that basis which motivates them to fight against harmful and destructive mindset, attitude and behaviour. Thus life is breathed into people once again. This is what divine messengers have been doing and this is what their supporters ought to do. That is why prophets were successful and so can be their followers by following their examples. So one can see how message can prove prophet-hood of divine messengers even today.
50) That is how I will fulfil what was told before me in the Toraat already and thus prove lawful to you some of the things to have and use you thought were unlawful for you to have and use due to your priests and their self-made shariah. I have brought to you the program, the constitution and the law from your Lord therefore be consistent with Allah's rule and abide by what I inform you about.
This verse is proof of the fact that religions are not from God rather they are creation of rulers, priests and money lenders to mask divine program so that masses do not wake up and so they could be easily used and abused by them on basis of divide and rule. The point people need to realise is that Allah never forbids things instead he makes unlawful participation of people in society in a way that could prove harmful and destructive for them. It is not proper to say the gun are knife is haraam. The proper thing is possession and use of something by people that decides whether it is proper to have something and use it or not. In other words Quran is all about dos and don’ts for people. Don’t use knife to murder someone. Don’t give a loaded gun in hands of a child it poses a danger. If instead of possession and use of something it was said in the Quran that this thing or that thing is unlawful then we will fall into problems. Why? Because if you say a gun is haraam=unlawful or a knife is haraam then you will not be allowed to posses the thing at all and there will not arise question of its use. Now imagine if you are not allowed to have a knife then how difficult will life become with having and using a knife? This is why the Quran does not forbid anything but its possession and use only and only in situations or under circumstances where it could prove harmful. Mullahs have made up their own laws on basis of which things are lawful and which are unlawful, which is wrong according to the Quran. It is because mullahs have misinterpreted and misrepresented the Quran therefore everyone is fighting our nonsense of mullahs. Some may be victims of ignorance but others are certainly up to something harmful for mankind. So people need to be careful who they support or follow. Supporting people who are going in the direction of harm is not a good idea. Why not?
Because according to the Quran this world and humanity in it is living in a closed loop system. It is fully self sustaining please see explanation of the very first verse of the Quran ie bismillah. This means Allah has provided mankind with all they will ever need including divine guidance. It is now up to people to keep each other right and keep this universe right because that is the only way they can ensure their future, their peace, their progress and their prosperity. Whatever wrong they do will come back and hurt them and whatever good they will do will make their own life comfortable as a society or community. If one person hurts another and rest just don’t bother to put things right and then another does the same and so use and abuse keeps on spreading then things will keep on getting worse and worse. This means the world in which we live will keep getting worse and worse. At some stage if human community does not wake up and starts correction measures, then humanity is bound to end up destroying itself. It is just matter of time before this happens. In order to keep things properly balanced humanity must interfere in each other’s business particularly when anyone does any harm to any member of human society. All this is needed to be done so that people keep each other right and that is how world can become a better and better place to live in as time passes. By removing faults in humanity bit by bit one day humanity can become good enough to be able to manage people and resources properly. That is when the world will become a paradise to live in rather than the hell we are turning it into. These ideas we find hard to understand were given right from the start. The Quran though is 1500 years old but it is the last divine book, not the first. How much mankind have learned from God after thousands of human generations have passed? And how long more will it take for us before we sit and study the Quran properly?
51) Indeed Allah is my creator and sustainer as well as yours therefore install and serve His constitution for the good of mankind, this is the way of Allah that is firmly founded.
52) So when Jesus felt from within them after he had trained them that they were ready for taking the mission to those yet excluded he asked them, who will support me for expanding the mission for the rule of Allah? The supporters replied, we support establishment of rule of Allah. Be you our witness that we are a people who have committed ourselves to establishing peace for progress and prosperity of mankind.
53) Saying our creator and sustainer, we commit to working for peace according to what you have revealed and we follow Your messenger so count us with those who stand as evidence for others regarding that to see.
54) That is how they planned for action according to plan of Allah, for Allah is unique of the planners.
55) Call to mind when Allah said, O Jesus! I am going to let you fulfil your mission so that I raise you the people above others due to My program, constitution and law so that I give you freedom from rule of those who oppose my program, constitution and law. That is how I will let your supporters rise above those who oppose My rule till the day My program, constitution and law becomes established in the land and that is the time when you will refer to My constitution and that is the time by when I will have settled all your divisions and united you under My rule for your own peace, progress and prosperity.
56) As for those who wage wars against My mission will be afflicted with severe consequences right from the start till the end because they will have none to help them against Our universal laws.
57) As for those who have committed to working for peace and act to remove obstacles in the way of people to peace, they will have their full rewards then for bringing about My rule however Allah will not support even then such as transgress against His program, constitution and law.
58) This narration which We reveal to you from the revelations is full of lessons and wisdom to learn from.
59) Surely the example of mission of Jesus before Allah is just like that of mission of Adam. He evolved him as a character like moulding a piece of clay in to a shape. He told him to be as He wanted him to be for carrying out His mission and so he was.
This verse is proof that all divine messenger came with same fundamental message because it was same goal and guidelines tye were told to teach their people.
60) This is the purpose of your creator and sustainer for which He raised messengers therefore you cannot be of those who are in doubt.
Last edited by Mughal
on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:09 am, edited 13 times in total.
- Posts: 385
- Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:45 am
- Location: Islamabad & Glasgow
72) Rest assured that those committed to working for peace, be they Jews, the Sabians and the Christians - whoever works for peace for sake of Allah and the good end result for humanity - will have nothing to worry or to regret once peace is established.
Then why does Mohammed and your Allah curse the same people ? and says they will all go to hell who don't believe in Mohammed and his new cult of Islam ?
Quran : 9.30 And the Jews say: Uzair is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!
So early they were good and had nothing to worry about and would be rewarded but now they will go to hell ? seems Mohammed /allah are always changing their minds and no one knows from one min to the next with these two clown playing games and always changing the rules.
quran 5:82] You will find that the worst enemies of the believers are the Jews and the idol worshipers. And you will find that the closest people in friendship to the believers are those who say, "We are Christian." This is because they have priests and monks among them, and they are not arrogant
Quran 123: "O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him)."
Quran 004.056 : Those who reject our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire: as often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the penalty: for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.
Quran 003.010 (As for) those who disbelieve, surely neither their wealth nor their children shall avail them in the least against Allah, and these it is who are the fuel of the fire
So which is the real Quran ? the few verses that speak of tolerance or the 100s of violent ones like the above verses i showed ?
isn't this the real Islam ?
Quran003.085 And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers
Totally contradicting the few peaceful verses in the Quran., Islam condemns to hell all none Muslims. its so easy to understand why there are so many contradictions in the Quran.
We Know the words in the Quran are man made from Mohammed's own sick mind.
- Posts: 392
- Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:45 am
Return to The Soap Box
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests