Praying/Fasting/Hajj in Quran?

Shari'a, errancies, miracles and science
piscohot

Re: Praying/Fasting/Hajj in Quran?

Post by piscohot »

Eagle wrote:This was a sign to the prophet, he was physically transported in a night between the 2 most sacred sites of monotheism, located more than 1000km from eachother.
more than 1000 km...went up to the different levels of heaven, met the different 'prophets' in each level, have some chat with them, met Allah, bargain for the number of prayers to be offered a day, successfully bringing it down from 50 a day to 5 a day........ALL IN ONE NIGHT on a winged donkey.

While it take angels 50,000 years to reach Allah...
How many light years does it take for the angels or spirit to reach Allah.
By Adnan Ahmad - LONDON UK

According to Holy Qur’an Surah Al Ma’arij (The Ascension or Rapture) Chapter 80 verse 4:

“The angels and the spirit ascend unto him in a day the measure is 50,000 years”

In the light of the Qur’an and modern science I will prove this theory.

It is a fact that light travels 186,000 miles per second, and 1 light year is equivalent to 5,865,696,000,000 miles.

References:
http://science.howstuffworks.com/question94.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.physlink.com/Education/AskExperts/ae502.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.evgschool.org/learning_about%20_stars.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How many seconds are there in 1 year?

A: 60 x 60 x 24 x 365 = 31,536,000 seconds.

How many seconds in 50000 years?

A: 31,536,000 x 50000 = 1,576,800,000,000 seconds.

If there are 1,576,800,000,000 seconds in 50000 years, and if we multiply this by 186,000 (speed of light in miles/sec)

A: 1,576,800,000,000 x 186,000 = 293,284,800,000,000,000

This means angels and the spirit will cover a total 293,284,800,000,000,000 miles if travelling at the speed of light for 1,576,800,000,000 seconds

If we now divide 293,284,800,000,000,000 miles by the distance light travels in 1 light year, i.e. 5,865,696,000,000 miles

A: 293,284,800,000,000,000 divided by 5,865,696,000,000 = 50,000

Therefore it is a fact that it takes 50000 light years for the angels and the spirit to ascend Allah.

Considering it takes 4 light years to reach our nearest star, 50000 light years is a long way away!

All praise to Allah.

Adnan Ahmad.
it's not a sign of the prophet, Eagle.
It carries all the signs of a ridiculous story.

Bargaining the prayers down from 50 to 5?
Did Allah know that Muhammad will bargain the number of prayers down to 5 beforehand?
Did Allah know that it's ridiculous to have 50 prayers a day?
Masjid al aqsa is understood traditionaly to be in Jerusalem
how can Muhammad visit a mosque that was not in existence at that time?
Quran miracle (16:69) : Bees eat ALL fruits
Quran miracle (27:18) : an ant SAID, "O ants, enter your dwellings that you not be crushed by Solomon and his soldiers while they perceive not."
piscohot

Post by piscohot »

pr126 wrote:Eagle wrote:
Masjid al aqsa is understood traditionaly to be in Jerusalem, it is common historical knowledge irrelevant to the hadith just like Masjid al haram is understood to be the Kaaba.
How could there be a mosque in Muhammad's time? Who built it? Were there any practising Muhammadans in Jerusalem needing a mosque? :wacko:
precisely.

Muhammad was having a hard time convincing his own tribe and had to resort to conquer to spread Islam.
So how can there already be muslims in Jerusalem worshipping in a mosque?
Quran miracle (27:18) : an ant SAID, "O ants, enter your dwellings that you not be crushed by Solomon and his soldiers while they perceive not."
Sten

Post by Sten »

Light years are a measure of distance, not time.
The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.
- Carl Sagan
piscohot

Post by piscohot »

Sten wrote:
lol.. thanks Sten.
Sten

Post by Sten »

piscohot wrote:
Sten wrote:
lol.. thanks Sten.
haha point taken. I guess my comment was kind of superfluous given the type of article it was. I'll shut up now. :D
The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.
- Carl Sagan
pr126

Post by pr126 »

Muhammad died on Monday, June 8, 632, in Medina, at the age of 63.

Al Aqsa mosque (the furthest mosque) in Jerusalem was first built by the Umayyads in 705 AD.

Night journey with time travel? :prop:
Islam: an idea to kill and die for.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Masjid al aqsa is understood traditionaly to be in Jerusalem, it is common historical knowledge irrelevant to the hadith just like Masjid al haram is understood to be the Kaaba.
How could there be a mosque in Muhammad's time? Who built it? Were there any practising Muhammadans in Jerusalem needing a mosque? :wacko:
If you admit your ignorance and ask politely for the meaning of masjid, i will answer your question. If not, i dont mind leaving you and those with you in your confusion
pr126

Post by pr126 »

Eagle wrote:
If you admit your ignorance and ask politely for the meaning of masjid, i will answer your question. If not, i dont mind leaving you and those with you in your confusion
Don't bother. As for me asking politely, forget it. Your cult is abhorrent to me, no matter what. >(

I regard you and your religious fanatic brethren as inferiors, with a mind stuck in a 7th century superstition, unable to progress.

The very computer you are using could not have been invented without the kuffar's ingenuity that you so much belittle.

Your Quran, your beliefs forbids progress, and innovation.
Knowledge is the enemy of the religious, and the superstitious.

Your belief system has not contributed anything of value, anything of worth for hundreds of years to the advancement of humanity.
Instead, history shows that Islam since it's inception waded knee deep in blood, producing 270 millions of corpses, slaves, misery and hate, plundering, eradicating cultures and nations for centuries.

There is no end to this to this day. The slaughter continues unabated. Islam, humanity's scourge.
Islam: an idea to kill and die for.
ygalg

Post by ygalg »

Eagle wrote:Masjid al aqsa is understood traditionaly to be in Jerusalem, it is common historical knowledge irrelevant to the hadith just like Masjid al haram is understood to be the Kaaba.
there already were places of worship in other places aside Jerusalem.
the journey as describe speaks of legitimate place of worship. where Muhammad met Abraham, Moses and Jesus. the prime prophets.

Islam after all claims other religions were corrupted. hence it cannot be Jerusalem as it already be occupied with illegitimate worship foundations. Muhammad would not be ended in corrupted place.

furthermore no trace of Abraham nor of Moses nor of Jesus found when Omar entered Jerusalem.
Jerusalem chosen to be that place (far mosque) it's symbolical. not an actual place. where Muhammad claimed ascended. and it was coined as such much later.
“a true believer as a person so fanatically committed to a cause that no amount of reality can make him abandon it” Eric Hoffer
yeezevee

Post by yeezevee »

Eagle wrote:
well ignorance or not, that question is valid and polite dear Eagle. You have to realize that there were NO Mosques and NO Muhammad following Muslims in and around Jerusalem during the time of Muhammad. You should know that Al-Aqsa Mosque was originally a small prayer house built by caliph Umar, but was rebuilt and expanded by the Ummayad caliph Abd al-Malik and finished by his son al-Walid in 705 CE.

So the story of Muhammad's night journey to that mosque and all the rest of the rubbish around that ayah is added in to Quran either in Umar's time or later..
Centaur

Post by Centaur »

dont think so. If Mohammed could imagine travelling on a mule to heaven overnight, imagining a non existent mosque at Jerusalem was not that difficult.Jerusalem was a place of significance for xtians and jews. Mohammed was desperate for some credibility.
Click to win $50,0000 :rock:

only 2% of KKK are radical, the rest are peaceful law abiding moderates
Islamic Football Team: Striker:Extremist; Defender: Moderate One; Goallie :Leftist
ygalg

Post by ygalg »

AhmedBahgat wrote:
Yohan wrote:- Kill the husband and then have sex with the wife, as Mohammed used to do.
Was it Muhammed or king David as documented in the gospel?
documented in the gospel?
“a true believer as a person so fanatically committed to a cause that no amount of reality can make him abandon it” Eric Hoffer
ygalg

Post by ygalg »

yeezevee wrote:Al-Aqsa Mosque was originally a small prayer house built by caliph Umar, but was rebuilt and expanded by the Ummayad caliph Abd al-Malik and finished by his son al-Walid in 705 CE.
al-Walid finished it and named it "al aqsa".
piscohot

Post by piscohot »

ygalg wrote:
yeezevee wrote:Al-Aqsa Mosque was originally a small prayer house built by caliph Umar, but was rebuilt and expanded by the Ummayad caliph Abd al-Malik and finished by his son al-Walid in 705 CE.
al-Walid finished it and named it "al aqsa".
Where's Eagle?

I like to hear his side of the story.
Muhammad bin Lyin

Post by Muhammad bin Lyin »

Eagle wrote:
Muhammad bin Lyin wrote: The very, very well respected IslamOnline.com wrote the following article about prayers.

http://islamonline.com/news/articles/6/ ... pray_.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
At first the prophet (pbuh) prayed two rakah twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening.

From that time, the Prophet (pbuh) never went through a day without praying. Just before his migration to Madinah, he was taken on a night journey to Jerusalem and then to the heavens (Mi`raaj).

During this journey, Allah, Almighty, ordered him to pray five times a day. This prayer was a gift given to every Believer to enable him to experience a spiritual ascension five times a day.
Gee, it's EXACTLY what I say. How come I agree with their scholars, and you don't?
Because the Quran does not speak of a supposed ascension to the heavens (referred in the hadiths and your article as the miraj) after the prophet's arrival to his destination; the furthest mosque. The Quran says the prophet Muhammad was taken from:
- point A = masjid al haram (the sacred place of prostration)
to
- point B = masjid al aqsa (the furthest place of prostration)
The Quran does not say where the farthest place is, therefore it needs additional scriptures to identify this.
Eagle wrote: There is no "point C" or ascension up in heaven. Masjid al aqsa
Which was never mentioned in the Quran
Eagle wrote: is understood traditionaly to be in Jerusalem,
What made people traditionally understand Jerusalem, or even more specifically, Al Aqsa to be the farthest Mosque?? And, of course, it was only the farthest mosque during that particular time. Somehow, I don't think you're going to answer that.
Eagle wrote: it is common historical knowledge irrelevant to the hadith just like Masjid al haram is understood to be the Kaaba. Arab history, let alone Muslim history and tradition are not limited to the hadiths.
I say it came from the night journey story and I can certainly quote it. So why don't you tell us where it came from. This common, historical knowledge of Al Aqsa being the farthest Mosque came from the Night Journey is nowhere to be found except in the Night Journey. There's no other source we can find. Do you want me to find another scholarly article to refute what you say once again?? You know that if I ask where the Al Aqsa's sacredness comes from, you know I will get an answer that says the night journey. You also know that the Quran gave no details and kept the reference to be very vague, because people already knew what it was talking about. It is written in the style of a reminder. That is very clear. What was it reminding them of?? Muhammad's night journey story, that he did indeed tell, white winged horse, Jesus freckles, Moses, prayer frequency and all. The Quran did the same thing with the Battle of Badr. It didn't go into any details and merely referenced it as a reminder, because people already knew what it was referring to.
Eagle wrote: This was a sign to the prophet, he was physically transported in a night between the 2 most sacred sites of monotheism, located more than 1000km from each other.
So he traveled between two places with no purpose and nothing else happening?? That's a rather pointless journey. And, it didn't say "sign", it said "signs", plural. So what were the other signs??
orange jews for breakfast and 20 oz he brews at night
Muhammad bin Lyin

piscohot wrote: how can Muhammad visit a mosque that was not in existence at that time?
Muhammad bin Lyin

Eagle wrote:
Just answer the question, charlatan. Nobody buys you stupid little excuses. If you don't answer, then the answer will be that you cannot answer. It's that simple. A masjid is a place where Muslims gather to pray. End of story. NEXT!!!
AhmedBahgat

Post by AhmedBahgat »

http://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?t ... 83.85;wap2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Muhammad bin Lyin

Eagle wrote:
If you admit your ignorance and ask politely for the meaning of masjid,
And now you are asking people to kiss your arss after behave like such a liar in this place?? You are asking for respect?? Charlatans get no respect. It's that simple. You want respect, then start earning it and start answering question in an honest, straightforward manner rather than a knowingly evasive fashion. Not one single evasion, invention, diversion.....has worked for you since the first day you even came on this site. Not even one has worked for you and you have failed in every single attempt to twist the Quran to meet your argument. Every single one. If you think you have succeeded on one single point, just one, then please point it out because i would love to see it.
Muhammad bin Lyin

Centaur wrote:dont think so. If Mohammed could imagine travelling on a mule to heaven overnight, imagining a non existent mosque at Jerusalem was not that difficult.Jerusalem was a place of significance for xtians and jews. Mohammed was desperate for some credibility.
DING DING DING!!!!!! You just hit the nail right on the head. Glad someone else isn't sleepwalking.

Of course. It's OBVIOUS why that little night journey had to happen from Jerusalem. He was now claiming the holy land of the Jews for Muslims. This was all part of the hijacking of Judaism and Christianity that he was attempting. And there is special significance to Moses sending Muhammad back to ask for lower prayer frequencies. Remember, Moses said the people cannot bear it. I think it really meant HIS people could not bear it. So now, the important symbolism going on, is that now Muhammad is an intercessor for the Jews, thereby putting him in control of the Jews and essentially placing him above even Moses, as the only prophet to actually talk with God in the 7th heaven. This was a very carefully thought out story, even though it's such a childishly ridiculous one.